LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kocobear
Stats: 296.4/273.4/210
WOE: Protocol Atkins
Start Date: January 12, 2013
Giving it all I've got...

Yesterday, I realized that I will be 35 next month and I'm nowhere near where I wanted to be in my life. That being said, I'm back on the pony and I'm giving it all I've got. This is the fight of my life and I just cannot... correction... WILL NOT GIVE UP!!! I'm on WW, but for the next month or so I'm low carbing it (still on WW) to jump start me back on plan. Last year I lost 48 pounds... but this year I've gained some of it back and don't wanna get to all of it. This morning I weighed in at 268.5. Too dern close to 286 if you ask me (where I started Jan 2011). I'm NOT GOING BACK!!! So, here goes...

Day 1...

B... egg beater omelette with sausage n sf maple syrup for dipping and water
L... baked chicken and steamed veggies n Fresca (drink)
D... not sure but it'll be something on plan
S... maybe none

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Goal Wt-135 lbs!
WOE: Stillman's - 21 days!
Start Date: 7/28/14 - 8/17/14
You can do it!

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
You sound determined... Knowing how great you felt after losing the 48lb before will be great motivation! You have this!!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
With your determination you will win this battle!! we are all pulling for you.. great job on the loss and the determination to keek going!!! Good luck girl!!!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:34 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
You can do it!

Thanks Maggie!! We're doing it!
Kocobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boop13 View Post
You sound determined... Knowing how great you felt after losing the 48lb before will be great motivation! You have this!!
Thanks Boop! I had a little mini breakdown when the realization hit which really scared me into action. Plus I've gotta cruise coming up next month to help push me. If thats not motivation, I don't know what is!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Oooh! A cruise is definitely a good motivator! I know how you feel... I finish my mat. Leave in May and having that mini goal is an awesome incentive!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:10 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boop13 View Post
Oooh! A cruise is definitely a good motivator! I know how you feel... I finish my mat. Leave in May and having that mini goal is an awesome incentive!
Definitely!!
Old 03-13-2012, 04:36 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
With your determination you will win this battle!! we are all pulling for you.. great job on the loss and the determination to keek going!!! Good luck girl!!!
Thanks Sterlinggirl!! I've got a long way to go, but I'm in it to win it!!
Old 03-13-2012, 04:43 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocobear View Post
Thanks Sterlinggirl!! I've got a long way to go, but I'm in it to win it!!
Old 03-13-2012, 04:54 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Day 2... Down to 264.7... (3.8 lbs)

Ok, I am so shocked but excited about this loss after one day! I'm not even going to question it, I'll just take it!! Yay!!

Last night, I grabbed a steak n cheese salad from Subway which satisfied me for a few hours. Then, I sweated it out doing my Insanity fit test (day 1) and it was ....!!!!! It definitely feels like I'm starting over, but hey what did I expect, really? One thing I can say for sure is that last year, I decided to hold a workout class in my neighborhood and even though most of the time, I just didn't feel like going.... it held me accountable to everyone in the class as well as kept me working out even when I was the only one to show up. When the class stopped, so did I.... hmmmmm, very interesting indeed. Do I ALWAYS have to have someone to hold me accountable in order for me to get to goal? I don't like the sound of that one bit, but it is what it is, right? Anywho, after the workout, I felt nauseated... so I rushed to clean up and jump in my jammies and under the covers. But then, my stomach decided that it hadn't had food in years and would not let me get any sleep. So, down I went to the kitchen and grabbed 2 hebrew national hot dogs (the regular sized ones) and I'm to say, a cheese sandwich with white wheat bread and miracle whip. It was good, but next time... I'm sure there will be a next time, I'll make it a half of a sandwich (one slice of bread). It wasn't THAT good that I couldn't have done without a slice. No sense in adding to the total carb intake for the day. And when I think about it, that's really all the carbs I had all day. Well, outside of the miracle whip that I had on my steak n cheese salad earlier. So, all in all... not bad for day 1.

Oh well.... today's day 2. And I've started it with a bang (a loss). I'm about to go get breakfast (bacon and eggs). I'm trying to decide if I'll have coffee or not. I haven't had any in at least a month, so I'm trying to see if its even necessary at this point. The wild part is that I'm cold and that makes me want it. Today's menu looks like this....

B: Bacon and eggs... water
L:
D:
S: bacon (who DOESN'T like bacon?)...We REALLY NEED A BACON SMILIE, DON'T WE?!! WHO'S WITH ME???

Also, some of my friends on here are JUDDing it out, so I may head in that direction after 20-30 pounds loss.... I'll keep an eye on their success and see what happens.

Ciao bellas!!

Last edited by Kocobear; 03-13-2012 at 04:56 AM..
Old 03-13-2012, 05:00 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
How are you liking JUDD?
Old 03-13-2012, 05:16 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah the incident with the white bread jumping into your mouth, been there done that we live and learn don't we? I find that when I returned to having wheat bread it made me lethargic because I hadn't had any in a loooong time. There are so many LC options but I think old habits die hard.

Your sigi. says one day at a time and that is how many as well as myself have to take this woe.

Have a great day on your plan!

Old 03-13-2012, 05:21 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ah the incident with the white bread jumping into your mouth, been there done that we live and learn don't we? I find that when I returned to having wheat bread it made me lethargic because I hadn't had any in a loooong time. There are so many LC options but I think old habits die hard.

Your sigi. says one day at a time and that is how many as well as myself have to take this woe.

Have a great day on your plan!

I love that!! Yes, it leaped right outta the wrapper and inta me mouth!!! Exactly!!!! One day at a time.... that's how life happens doesn't it? They do die hard. I must say that one thing I learned from WW is that I can have it, I just can't overindulge. I know that LC is not the same as WW, but its a lesson well learned. And that's the philosophy that I'm counting on to help me stay afloat on this cruise. Eating wise that is. I've just gotta choose my carbs wisely so I don't have too much to lose when I get back.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:29 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I love that!! Yes, it leaped right outta the wrapper and inta me mouth!!! Exactly!!!! One day at a time.... that's how life happens doesn't it? They do die hard. I must say that one thing I learned from WW is that I can have it, I just can't overindulge. I know that LC is not the same as WW, but its a lesson well learned. And that's the philosophy that I'm counting on to help me stay afloat on this cruise. Eating wise that is. I've just gotta choose my carbs wisely so I don't have too much to lose when I get back.
So true, so true about choosing carbs correctly. So many on LC friends are going on cruises and so many are so concerned about food choices. I would think there should be a variety of food one could choose wisely from? I think vacay of any sort most people gain because we indulge in foods that maybe we wouldn't usually eat daily(heck I gain weight just from inhaling carbs ). One of my friends on here is still working on losing the poundage from a recent trip and she is really struggling but I know it will eventually come off. One day at a time is a great mantra.

One life to live, one day at a time, one pound at a time!
Old 03-13-2012, 05:34 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
So true, so true about choosing carbs correctly. So many on LC friends are going on cruises and so many are so concerned about food choices. I would think there should be a variety of food one could choose wisely from? I think vacay of any sort most people gain because we indulge in foods that maybe we wouldn't usually eat daily(heck I gain weight just from inhaling carbs ). One of my friends on here is still working on losing the poundage from a recent trip and she is really struggling but I know it will eventually come off. One day at a time is a great mantra.
This is my second cruise. And, I must admit that I gained 8 lbs on the last one and you're 100% right. They had tons of choices that were LC friendly, but I don't crave those. I force myself to eat them by taking everything non LC friendly out of my house. Which means on the cruise, all of those delectables were there for the grabbing. UGH!!!!! However, this time, I refuse to grab a plate of JUST nacho-like chip things and things like that. I may have to pick my meal for the day to have carbs and limit how much for that meal. And LC the rest of the day.... I've gotta work something out, though. I'm going to do it! I also said that this time, I'll definitely make it to the gym more than once!!
Old 03-13-2012, 05:49 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was supposed to start back to the gym today but my excuse is that I woke up yesterday with a wicked cold. I know the sauna and dry heat room would be great for this but I don't think the other gym patrons would appreciate me sneezing all over them . I know I wouldn't I will just walk at home and get some exercise in and try for Thursday. Exercise of any sort really helps the mind as well as the body and get some in is better than none at all. I hope you can find somekind of exercise you enjoy doing, or is exercise even enjoyable?

BTW- Nice to meet you my name is Maggie(as if you can't see my siginature)
Old 03-13-2012, 05:53 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I was supposed to start back to the gym today but my excuse is that I woke up yesterday with a wicked cold. I know the sauna and dry heat room would be great for this but I don't think the other gym patrons would appreciate me sneezing all over them . I know I wouldn't I will just walk at home and get some exercise in and try for Thursday. Exercise of any sort really helps the mind as well as the body and get some in is better than none at all. I hope you can find somekind of exercise you enjoy doing, or is exercise even enjoyable?

BTW- Nice to meet you my name is Maggie(as if you can't see my siginature)
Aw I'm sorry about ya cold!! I know how that is... my allergies are kicking my butt!! Yeah, I wouldn't hit up the spa if I were sneezing and coughin either. I might get myself popped!! I actually like exercise.... once I get past the wheezing and all. I try and walk at least 2-3 per week 3.5 miles each day and I love Zumba (but got bored). So now its on to Insanity. Prayerfully I'll make it to the end. I'm gonna give it my all!!

YES.... Nice to meet ya too!! I'm Kim, but I go by Kocobear on here. Do you have a journal?
Old 03-13-2012, 06:04 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Aw I'm sorry about ya cold!! I know how that is... my allergies are kicking my butt!! Yeah, I wouldn't hit up the spa if I were sneezing and coughin either. I might get myself popped!! I actually like exercise.... once I get past the wheezing and all. I try and walk at least 2-3 per week 3.5 miles each day and I love Zumba (but got bored). So now its on to Insanity. Prayerfully I'll make it to the end. I'm gonna give it my all!!

YES.... Nice to meet ya too!! I'm Kim, but I go by Kocobear on here. Do you have a journal?
Insanity sounds intense!!!!!! I would probably die! I could at my age which is 50 years! I have heard and seen so many great things about Zumba. I have Comcast and can get the exercise channel for free and they have some short spurts on exercise with Zumba. I haven't tried it yet but will one day give it a go. Yes, I have a journal and stay mostly on it but belong to another group of gals that are working on losing some poundage by summer called "Refusing to be Fat by Summer." We started out with a large group but it has dwindled down to a few and I like this challenge because I am working on getting down by then and beyond. The name of my Journal is ONEDERland and Beyond, not hard to find. Well Kim, I mean Kocobear here's to getting healthy once and for all! You are a youngin' and it is the greatest time to do it, don't let time pass like I have to get it done!(just some words of wisdom from an ole' lady ).

Old 03-13-2012, 06:51 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Insanity sounds intense!!!!!! I would probably die! I could at my age which is 50 years! I have heard and seen so many great things about Zumba. I have Comcast and can get the exercise channel for free and they have some short spurts on exercise with Zumba. I haven't tried it yet but will one day give it a go. Yes, I have a journal and stay mostly on it but belong to another group of gals that are working on losing some poundage by summer called "Refusing to be Fat by Summer." We started out with a large group but it has dwindled down to a few and I like this challenge because I am working on getting down by then and beyond. The name of my Journal is ONEDERland and Beyond, not hard to find. Well Kim, I mean Kocobear here's to getting healthy once and for all! You are a youngin' and it is the greatest time to do it, don't let time pass like I have to get it done!(just some words of wisdom from an ole' lady ).

It IS insane!! But, its really very conventional exercises... no equipment... just you and your body pushing it with everything that you have!! Maybe by next week, I'll love it! Right now, I'm too exhausted to love it!

That group of gals sound like fun! I've met some wonderful friends here on lcf! We try to meet up once a year and its been great!!

I'll check out your page as well and encourage you too!!
Old 03-14-2012, 06:10 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Day 3... Down tp 263.0 (5.5 pounds total)

MORNING Y'ALL!!! I am soooo happy that I'm down a total of 5.5 pounds!! 2 days of LC and I'm feeling great! Although, I totally forgot about the constant feeling of starvation in the first few days . Its draining because I haven't been to the store yet to pile up on LC friendly foods to have on hand. I'm going tonight. Yesterday for lunch I had roast and green beans and cabbage. For a pre-dinner snack, I had 2 beef hot dogs (boiled) before my 3.5 mile walk. Then for dinner I had a fried pork chop (I scraped off the crust) and 10 strawberries dipped in Splenda. It was good. I also rode my dad's motorcycle for the first time last night (scary but fun).

Today, I started the day with a bottle of water. My menu is as follows:

B: 2 boiled eggs, 3 strips of bacon, and a thick slice of ham (with sf maple syrup for dipping the meat inta)... water
L: Meat and veggie (yet what)
D:

Usually, I'm more prepared with meats, cheeses, and veggies for my induction. Yet this time, I decided that I would do it again so abruptly that I haven't had time to plan. I am so set up! But, I won't give up that easily.. I refuse to mess up! The cruise is waiting for me!

Last edited by Kocobear; 03-14-2012 at 06:11 AM..
Old 03-14-2012, 06:14 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
MORNING Y'ALL!!! I am soooo happy that I'm down a total of 5.5 pounds!! 2 days of LC and I'm feeling great! Although, I totally forgot about the constant feeling of starvation in the first few days . Its draining because I haven't been to the store yet to pile up on LC friendly foods to have on hand. I'm going tonight. Yesterday for lunch I had roast and green beans and cabbage. For a pre-dinner snack, I had 2 beef hot dogs (boiled) before my 3.5 mile walk. Then for dinner I had a fried pork chop (I scraped off the crust) and 10 strawberries dipped in Splenda. It was good. I also rode my dad's motorcycle for the first time last night (scary but fun).

Today, I started the day with a bottle of water. My menu is as follows:

B: 2 boiled eggs, 3 strips of bacon, and a thick slice of ham (with sf maple syrup for dipping the meat inta)... water
L: Meat and veggie (yet what)
D:

Usually, I'm more prepared with meats, cheeses, and veggies for my induction. Yet this time, I decided that I would do it again so abruptly that I haven't had time to plan. I am so set up! But, I won't give up that easily.. I refuse to mess up! The cruise is waiting for me!
So happy that the scale is cooperating with you. Keep it up and you will be looking and feeling great for that cruise!

Old 03-14-2012, 06:22 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

I am lovin me some JUDDD.. i still follow a moderate carb eating style, i dont ever really want to just put what ever i feel in my mouth it seams to defeat the purpose of trying to eat healthy and live a healthy life.. yes i can have my cake and eat it too on JUDDD every other day.. but i want some of those choices to be a special occation rather than the normal... I have reach 2 weeks today and have dropped 7.5 pounds sicne i switched to JUDDD.. i will never use another WOE ever agin.. this way of eating just makes more sence to IMO.. I cant wait till i reach my final goal of 185.. i set a goal of 205 for me to be at by March 31rst and ive reached it today!!!.. so the rest is gravy!!!lol
Old 03-14-2012, 06:51 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
So happy that the scale is cooperating with you. Keep it up and you will be looking and feeling great for that cruise!

Thanks Mags!!!! Me too!! I am so happy about it! I just pray that I can stay focused over the weekend. That's where I usually bite the dust. But, I'm already planning my weekend food. Cruise here I come!!!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 06:52 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I am lovin me some JUDDD.. i still follow a moderate carb eating style, i dont ever really want to just put what ever i feel in my mouth it seams to defeat the purpose of trying to eat healthy and live a healthy life.. yes i can have my cake and eat it too on JUDDD every other day.. but i want some of those choices to be a special occation rather than the normal... I have reach 2 weeks today and have dropped 7.5 pounds sicne i switched to JUDDD.. i will never use another WOE ever agin.. this way of eating just makes more sence to IMO.. I cant wait till i reach my final goal of 185.. i set a goal of 205 for me to be at by March 31rst and ive reached it today!!!.. so the rest is gravy!!!lol

Yeah, I hear that!! Have to hold on to a modicum of control at all times... I can't wait to try it out! But it'll have to wait until my weightloss on LC slows, then its ON!!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:14 AM   #26
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Hey Kim!
Glad to see you posting again. Great job on the losses thus far. Keep up the good work!
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:54 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post
Hey Kim!
Glad to see you posting again. Great job on the losses thus far. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Meek!! Gotta just keep trying to we get there, right?
Old 03-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #28

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Quote:
Thanks Meek!! Gotta just keep trying to we get there, right?
Yup! Never give up! One day at a time...
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:24 AM   #29

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Hey Kim, glad to see you around again. Congrats on the loss..that's great!!
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:07 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Day 4... Down .7 to 262.4 (total of 6.1 lbs lost)!!!

I am soooo happy about this!!!!! REALLY!!! I wish it were more, but I'll take it! I'm really going to push to see if I can get to 10lbs lost by next Monday. I almost made it the last time I went LC so lets see if I can do it this time! LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!

You know? I really wish I could keep up this enthusiasm!!!!! It's GREAT!!!! I love it, I love it, I love it!!!

Today, I'm having...
B: 2 boiled eggs, bacon, and a fat sausage link (with sf maple syrup) and a diet orange sunkist that I'll sip on all day.
L: taco salad with ground turkey (digests faster than beef) and sour cream/cheese
S: handful of almonds/ bologna
D: taco salad