Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ANGELFIRE80
WOE: VSG 12/29/10
VSG and beyond....

VSG and beyond....the continued efforts of a 30 something for finally reach goal

A little background. I had WLS on 12/29/10 (roughly 14 mos ago). I lost 107 lbs and then....stuck stuck stuck. Partly due to my own laziness and complacency...partly due to being put on AD's (lexapro to be exact, 1st was celexa and omg-it was awful!), I haven't lost much at all, in fact I am up about 6lbs.

So, here I am on the next part of my journey...to maintain the loss I have achieved w/the help of my sleeve and to tone up and lose about 20-25 more lbs.

I am starting a new journal bc I feel like I need a fresh start... I love a fresh start! A clean slate...a brand new beginning.

Starting tomorrow, I intend on kicking some a$$ and taking names. I will not settle for this. I have come to far to start sliding back to old habits and ending up where I started. ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!

So, starting TONIGHT the plan is NO CARB dinners. That means veggies & meat or protein shakes. Up my water intake and hit Zumba tonight at 7:30. My plan for exercise for the time being is C25K,zumba, and weights. I intend on doing some type of exercise EVERY day. No excuses.

Carbohydrates drive insulin, and insulin drives fat-Gary Taubes
ANGELFIRE80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Tuesday!

Weather is beautiful around here...spring has sprung (or so it would appear lol)

So far:

Food:

-EAS shake
-Fit & Active Strawberry lemonade (from Aldi...crystal light has been giving me heart burn,so I thought I would try this..so far so good!)
-Coffee
-Water

Nexium/Lexapro-check
Vitamins-when I get home

Lunch is either going to be salad or chili (probably chili)

Afternoon "snack"-premier nutrition shake

Did Zumba last night!!! I plan on doing day 1 week 1 c25k-outside...it's too pretty to be inside.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Afternoon update...

Chili was really watery looking... so I got a salad instead w/cheese,egg,bacon bits, and ranch. Hope it was at least SOME protein.

Tonight will be cabbage and brats or something along that order.

Looking forward to running tonight...at least that is what I keep telling myself. 30 min of running (or however long it takes)/20 min of tanning/30-45 min of homework tonight. That is the goal...that plus some laundry of course!

I am looking forward to a few days off work for Spring Break. Not sure what we are doing, but I just want to relax and enjoy the nice weather. We may go to the zoo and Dave and Busters.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Grrrr...no work out last night. this HAS to be a priority. HAS to. I didn't get home and dinner cooked until 9pm. Obviously, eating late is not good for the scale. Tonight, WILL do better. I will at least WALK if not run....

I did cook a lc meal though and brough leftovers for lunch. So far....

B-Click shake
S-Fage yogurt
L-Leftover chicken sausage and cabbage
S-Premier nutrition shake
D-Chicken and salad
S-sf fudgesicle (before 9pm)

Exercise-Walk or run for 30 min

Vitamins-will do tonight

Meds-took lexapro,did not take nexium bc I had already eaten...works best on empty stomach.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

180 :(

Gosh the scale is so depressing these days. I remember the days I looked forward to stepping on that contraption...no more..

Last night, I did my W1D1 Couch to 5k run. It was tough, but I pulled through..lol

I have a toothache today, so far liquids only for this girl.

B-Click shake (12 carbs)
L-Cheddar/bacon soup (5 carbs)

I made a move today and emailed my nutritionist. I have to do something. Here was her response:

I recommend you start at the beginning. You may consider doing a modified diet progression: 1 week liquids, 1 week puree, 1 week soft, 1 week solid. I also recommend using your food scale and measuring cups. Be sure you are using your meal replacements and reaching your protein goal.

You are also welcome to schedule a nutrition visit. I'd be happy to discuss plans.

I might end up scheduling a visit just to pound this stuff into my head. Counseling of course would still be a good idea as well...
Old 03-20-2012, 07:05 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

No scale.

Back to work after a mini vacation with my boys. We had fun at Six Flags, all by ourselves I ate a bunch of crap but I am back to business today.

B-Click shake
S-Cheese stick
L-Tuna
S-another shake? (if I have any still here at work...)
D-Some chicken I made in the crock pot/veggies. Boys will have rice/potatos with theirs.

Tonight, I will either walk or do a video for exercise.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Forgot I also brought Homestyle LC chili, so I had half a package of that instead of tuna. Will have other half tomorrow! Only 4 carbs for the entire package!
Old 03-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Wednesday..

B-Fage yogurt
L-Leftover chicken wrap (chicken wrapped in bacon w/cream cheese stuffing) ate half last night & sauteed spinach
S-click shake
D-bbq chicken and probably salad

I am getting back to some things I did before...like watching VSG youtube videos...seeing others that are as far out as I am helps me.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:48 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Checking in...super tired today after not going to bed until after 2

And people seem to have lost their minds this morning at work is it a full moon??

B-Click shake
S-Pepperoni
L-Hamburger patty
S-sf jello maybe (didn't bring anything else, no idea why)
D-Spaghetti/green beans-just sauce/green beans for me

I'm trying to lose a few before the weekend, going out of town to see Kevin Hart and wanna look HOT. I have a feeling I am going to need those laughs by the time I get to go...LOL Have a ton of homework to get done, son starts track prac this week so that will be interesting.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:49 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, haven't been here in a while. Alot has happened since my last update...mom had some issues and wound up back in the hospital due to nausea/vomitting/dehydration. She is much better now thank God! I am looking forward to getting back to normal...whatever that is..LOL

B-Monster rehab,Premier nutrition shake

S-String cheese/coffee

L-lemon pepper chicken breast

D-Maybe steak and broccoli slaw...?

Will walk/run outside or go to the gym. I did that yesterday morning and it felt soooo good.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning!

1-CLICK shake
2-Leftover steak (probably 2oz)
3-protein shake
4-lemon pepper chicken breast
5-undecided
6-premier nutrition shake

Trying to get myself together. I am frustrated w/no weight loss and contemplating no longer taking lexapro. I feel like it has helped tremendously, but I am tired of not having weight loss. First, I am going to try to really check myself on eating and exercising. If I still don't get results, I will call the doc about weaning off.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:51 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

OMG, I feel sooooo fat today! Ugh, ate way too much yesterday including lots of ham (I made my first ham and it was SO good!) but it's so salty

I feel like I NEED to detox today...shakes only but not sure that will happen being honest. I am really almost to the point of getting some phentermine I just want these last 20 gone.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, I need to change some things. I am looking into the Paleo way of eating. I need to read up on it. I hate the way I feel about my current weight. I know, it is ridiculous...but I am not happy. I hate my belly. HATE.IT. I hate the fact that I have lost so much weight but yet can't reach my goal and I am still not "happy".

I just read a blog called paleopepper and man, I can identify. I think it would be a good idea for me to stick to eggs,meat and some (green veggies) for a while. I also think committing to working out every.day. would be good too. I need to break this carb cycle. I need to feel in control. I also think I will take a break from this journal and just start keeping a written journal for a while. Who knows if I can though, I am addicted to it...I have an addictive personality, so it's no shocker..LOL I love hearing how in control people feel when they stick to meat/eggs/veggies. I want to feel that in control. I want to lose 20-25lbs and I don't see any other way to do it at this point.

So, off to read up on paleo a bit more.....
Old 04-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, I just wanted to report that I have stuck to mainly meat today (so far!) and normally at this time of day, I am starving or just mentally ready for a snack. Feeling ok for now. If I want a snack, i will have the rest of lunch (meatloaf,sweet pot,peas). I tried to eat meatloaf mostly,but did have a couple bites of the sides. I feel pretty good I must say!

Carbs are the devil,really-even after surgery. I think I just need to have a come to Jesus w/myself that the effortless part of this battle is over. I will have to work at this if I truly want it..which i do. My son has track tonight, so I will be walking with a couple of other moms. I am going to keep reading blogs and start a written journal tonight.

I have 5 essays to write this week! Yes, 5! UGH. But, I will get it done-some how
Old 04-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #15
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
I just want to say hello and encourage you a bit. You have done wonderful. I DO understand wanting the last 20-25 pounds off, however, remember this is not a race. Look back, reflect, and realize how wonderful you have done thus far. Try not to put SO much pressure on yourself. I also want to add that maintenance is HARD. Ask me how I know, lol. It is doable, but, it is a daily effort of making good choices. Focus on making healthy choices and watching your calories, and getting some exercise. Before you know it, those pounds will be melting off. You look terrific!

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Cruzcrzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:50 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
I just want to say hello and encourage you a bit. You have done wonderful. I DO understand wanting the last 20-25 pounds off, however, remember this is not a race. Look back, reflect, and realize how wonderful you have done thus far. Try not to put SO much pressure on yourself. I also want to add that maintenance is HARD. Ask me how I know, lol. It is doable, but, it is a daily effort of making good choices. Focus on making healthy choices and watching your calories, and getting some exercise. Before you know it, those pounds will be melting off. You look terrific!
Aww thanks for stopping by! I see you are in Ok too! I know it's not a race, but the scale hasn't moved downward in about 5 mos so, yeah it is frustrating and I just want it to move down at some point...I'd take 5lbs right about now...lol Looks like you are doing great at maintenance!
Old 04-11-2012, 06:55 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGELFIRE80 View Post
Aww thanks for stopping by! I see you are in Ok too! I know it's not a race, but the scale hasn't moved downward in about 5 mos so, yeah it is frustrating and I just want it to move down at some point...I'd take 5lbs right about now...lol Looks like you are doing great at maintenance!
Are you in Oklahoma? I had no idea. WOW. Maintenance is going well for me, but, EVERY DAY IS AN EFFORT, lol. In fact, I am getting ready to go on a trip Fri-Mon, and I am pretty nervous about it...no scale, little exercise, but, I am telling myself this is LIFE. My goal is to make good choices. How are you doing with limiting yourself to mainly good carbs? I am wondering what you could do differently now than what you've been doing the last 5 months, so that you can get the scale moving again?
Old 04-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Are you in Oklahoma? I had no idea. WOW. Maintenance is going well for me, but, EVERY DAY IS AN EFFORT, lol. In fact, I am getting ready to go on a trip Fri-Mon, and I am pretty nervous about it...no scale, little exercise, but, I am telling myself this is LIFE. My goal is to make good choices. How are you doing with limiting yourself to mainly good carbs? I am wondering what you could do differently now than what you've been doing the last 5 months, so that you can get the scale moving again?
Yes! I am in Oklahoma City Yes, every single day counts. Good luck on your trip

Here is my thing with carbs: they hate me. LOL I can easily lose alot of weight by restricting carbs. On the flip side, I can easily GAIN alot of weight by eating them there is no such thing as "good carbs" for me. I eat them, then I crave MORE. Case and point...yesterday-I ate lc all day...mostly meat and a couple bites of veggies. Then, for dinner some of my friends wanted to eat mexican. Of course, I couldn't control my urge to eat chips/cheese/salsa! Ugh. I should have been done eating for the night-but no-I had a lc ice cream bar and a few cheetos. I would have been better off just coming home or eatinng lc at the restaruant.

I know carbs have been,are,will always be my issue it sucks. What plan do you do?
Old 04-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #19

Angel, I am in OKC too(Edmond!!). This is TOO funny. I had NO idea you even lived in OK. I calorie count, 1600-1800 a day. I did JUDDD for awhile, but, I started getting too hungry on my DD's. I lost the weight with hhcg, and then JUDDD. I walk 4 miles plus a day. I mainly eat lower carb with the exception of when sugar calls my name. That is my weakness. I keep trying to see what I can get away with and it is very little! I had a tummy tuck/breast lift in November, and it is a huge incentive for me to keep my weight down.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:30 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Angel, I am in OKC too(Edmond!!). This is TOO funny. I had NO idea you even lived in OK. I calorie count, 1600-1800 a day. I did JUDDD for awhile, but, I started getting too hungry on my DD's. I lost the weight with hhcg, and then JUDDD. I walk 4 miles plus a day. I mainly eat lower carb with the exception of when sugar calls my name. That is my weakness. I keep trying to see what I can get away with and it is very little! I had a tummy tuck/breast lift in November, and it is a huge incentive for me to keep my weight down.
It's such a small world I work at Childrens Hosp...so not too far from Edmond. JUDDD is interesting...good for you on walking 4 miles! That is awesome. I understand sugar being a weakness....it is mine as well I soooo want a tummy tuck but it's probably going to be a while before I can save up for that! I have some hcg pellets but have never opened them...
Old 04-12-2012, 07:32 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

I actually finished yesterday w/no binges of sugar/carbs!

The scale did not reward me (yet) but that is ok...I feel better and that is what really counts!

Today so far:

B-Eggs/sausage patty/cheese/coffee

L-Not sure

D-Something w/hamburger meat...I made crack slaw last night and my kiddos ate it all! No leftovers.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

This morning, I woke up and decided I was doing JUDDD. I am tired of feeling guilty about my indulgences. I feel like I did before surgery (minus the being 279! Thank God!)

This week, I am committing to JUDDD. Today is a down day. Trying to stick to 500 cals today

B-Click shake-120 cals 15 g protein

L-TBD

D-TBD I may even go buy some lean cuisine type stuff for dd's.

Of course, because I am wls patient-I still have to get in my 60 gms protein everyday.

I love the fact that I know I am eating light today, but tomorrow I can pretty much eat what I want. within reason of course.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

L-
Tuna (can says 5 oz but I don't know if that is counting the water?)
2 packets miracle whip light
Diced jalapenos

I am currently sitting at 260 cals (I have had 2 sticks of Orbit gum...5 cals a piece)

Sis and I are going for a walk tonight!

I will have to be sparing with the rest of my cal's for the day. My original plan was to have hamburgers tonight. I of course, was only going to have the meat. Will run numbers to see if I can or not...Well, I checked an a hamburger patty has conflicting numbers. I will check the package to see what I can work out. If nothing else, I will save it for tomorrow and have soup or something.

I am excited about JUDDD and scouring all the info I can find

We will see how I feel tonight when I can't snack..LOL

Last edited by ANGELFIRE80; 04-16-2012 at 10:46 AM..
Old 04-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Just checking in for the evening.
Ended at 510 calories for the evening.
Did 30 walking & 30 min zumba

I made it through my 1st DD
Old 04-17-2012, 06:48 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

179.5 last time I weighed, I was at 181 I believe. Since the scale has been stuck, I haven't been weighing at all tbh....so, I am happy to be back in the 70's and determined to get to the 60's.

B-Luna bar/click shake
S-Banana
L-TBD
D-TBD

Will walk tonight for at least 30 min and maybe (big maybe lol) do a video as well. I need to really work on toning up. I have the brazil butt lift videos but my knees are so bad, I couldn't make it through all the squats last time.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:55 AM   #26

Hi Angel,

just getting back from out of town, but, wanted to drop in and say hello. I will catch up with you more later. My gain was minimal(one pound). WTG with the exercise!! It looks like the scale is headed in the right direction for you!!! YEAH. Give JUDDD two weeks minimum .
Old 04-17-2012, 07:06 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi Angel,

just getting back from out of town, but, wanted to drop in and say hello. I will catch up with you more later. My gain was minimal(one pound). WTG with the exercise!! It looks like the scale is headed in the right direction for you!!! YEAH. Give JUDDD two weeks minimum .
Thanks for the advice! JUDDD seems so simple, it seems like I must be doing it wrong or missing something LOL. Good for you on one pound!

I will definately be trying to JUDDD for two weeks. I have a family function next month and would love to lose 10lbs by then
Old 04-17-2012, 01:33 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

So far today...looks like I am enjoying my UD

Totals 1,309(cals) 169 (carbs) 52 (fat) 75 (protein)
Old 04-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, can't believe I forgot to post here! On my 2nd DD...So far so good except I am a little hungry today...hungrier than my 1st day. So far,

B-Click shake
S-String cheese
S-Lots of sf gum
S-pickles
S-fiber one bar
Drinks-water/coffee/coke zero (this is the last one, will not buy anymore. 12 pack lasted me well over 2 mos)
L-tuna w/light MW/Jalapenos
D-(planning soup) or an egg w/laughing cow cheese wedge. I really want some fruit...will see if there is anything I can work out.

Planning on at least walking tonight but I have a ton of laundry/housework to do.

Looks like a lot but I am only at 365 cals so far. I am thinking I will have soup for dinner-130 cals. That will put me at 495...I wish I hadn't had the stupid fiber one bar (brownie) bc then I could have had sf pudding or something. I may have sf jello
Old 04-19-2012, 06:48 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

UD

Ok, lesson learned in regards to yesterday. On my dd's, I need to stay lower carb as well. I also need to fast as long as I can on those days so I don't crash and burn. Scale was up .5 this morning, no biggie. Today is my upday and I will enjoy it

B-Something really healthy from the vending machine..LOL Or a doughnut. Something good. I am feeling stressed right now ($$) but this too shall pass. Drinking an energy drink now.

L-Not sure, brought a lean cuisine just because I saw it in the freezer this morning...lol

D-Not sure-maybe cereal. LOL