Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 06:53 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ANGELFIRE80
WOE: VSG 12/29/10
Almost 2 weeks since I updated this! That's terrible.

I haven't been on the scale...haven't really wanted to know the bad details... but I think I am going to buy me a new one just so I will have a new toy that might make me want to weigh in again. I can tell my clothes are tighter though, and that's NO good. I am going to challenge myself for personal and business reasons. I started a new business (that I probably can't discuss on here) but it's related to fitness/health and it will benefit me financially for all of this to work out. So, my goal is to make my original pre WLS goal of 159. I will weigh in the morning so I know how far I have to go.

So far today:

SF Redbull
Oikos greek yogurt-pineapple

Vitamins:
Confianza
Multi
Super B Complex

Carbohydrates drive insulin, and insulin drives fat-Gary Taubes
ANGELFIRE80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

SMH! Haven't been on here in forever...need to do better.

Went to my moms surgeon yesterday, and I that guy. He checked my resting metabolism, and it's on the low end. He also changed my AD to pristiq bc the lexapro is not helping with the weight loss (GO FIGURE!!!) He also suggested solid protein instead of shakes. He ordered labs and I go back in 4 weeks. Will update more frequently.

B-Protein bar

L-Briskett/green beans/one potato wedge

S-Protein bar maybe if needed

D-Taco salad I am thinking

Oh and I weighed in at 191 on his scale ugh!!!!!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

So far so good on the new AD. Loving it so far! No outrageous binging/snacking anymore. I did have doughnuts yesterday....but that's another story... I haven't even really been drinking coffee/energy drinks or anything. I am amazed...I hope it stays that way. I have been reading up on it and alot of people lose weight on it...so that makes me a happy camper. I have lost about 3lbs so far. Back in the 80's...I am hoping to be back in the 70's by 10/31. So far today:

-Kind bar, diet v8 splash w/greens
-Lunch will be a salad with chicken/avocado/ranch
-Dinner will be something low carb...off to get ideas
Old 10-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Ate too much yesterday, so didn't weigh this am..lol

Today:

-Protein bar
-Chobani yogurt
-Cheesburger patty w/mayo
-Protein bar, Diet v8 splash w/greens supplement
-Dinner, not sure-kids want pizza I think. AHS is BACCKKKKK tonight, so Dinner/workout/whatever needs to be out of the way and done by 9pm
Old 10-19-2012, 07:59 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

186 this morning!

B-Country style rib/coffee

L-Salad with lots of cheese/bacon bits and ranch

S-Maybe a couple bites of protein bar

D-Heroin chicken/spinach

Not sure if it's the no carbs/pristiq or whatever, but I had cry fest this morning. I don't like it!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:51 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh...terrible on the updates lately. I just don't have much to update lol

Over indulged this weekend (drinks,food,etc) so today, I am trying to do:

B-Shake
L-Shake
D-lc meal

Walking at lunch
Old 11-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Here I am munching on Cheezits...I have come to the conclusion that unless I commit to LC or exercise a ton-I'm not gonna reach goal.

This weekend, I will:

Meal plan GOOD lc meals/snacks
Get my house in order
Grocery shop for Thanksgiving dinner
Old 12-10-2012, 06:17 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, that is a slacker record for me..not updates at all this month.

My goal for this week is to lose 5lbs. Goal for today-100oz of water and a low carb dinner.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
Here's me kicking your butt to journal and eat properly! That is an aggressive weight goal but I have no doubt if you put your mind to it that you can achieve it.
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:26 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phranquie View Post
Here's me kicking your butt to journal and eat properly! That is an aggressive weight goal but I have no doubt if you put your mind to it that you can achieve it.
Aww, thank you for stopping by and for kicking my butt! I SO need it The sad part is if you saw how I have been eating/drinking you would see that I could lose pretty quickly if I cut out the CRAP I have been doing. I lose quickly, but gain even quicker. I am back to using shakes for breakfast....water,water,water!
Old 12-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Well, we have a Tanita scale here at work....and the damage is 194 (ugh)...I am going to try to just weigh here at work-everyday! It is TOM so, I expect it to go down in a few days anyway. But, that is unacceptable and I cannot be this close to the 2's again! No way, uhhh no!

Water,water,water! No pop. No sugar in my coffee (I really don't do that anyway)...I would like to be back (solidly) in the 80s by new years.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You can absolutely get back down to where you were. Go back to the basics and I bet within 2 weeks you will see a big improvement. You did not go through all of this to let the weight creep back on you!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

NEW YEAR, NEW FOCUS

196 that's where I am today after basically eating/drinking whatever the H I wanted to the past few weeks/months. What a lovely idea Angel! That isn't how you got to 279 to begin with or anything. LOL

Anyway, I will be back with more specific goals here soon...
Old 01-03-2013, 11:07 PM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You can't change what you did in the past so there's no sense in beating yourself up over it. You have a whole shiny bright new year in front of you to drop the pounds you want. You know what it takes and you can do it!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:24 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You can't change what you did in the past so there's no sense in beating yourself up over it. You have a whole shiny bright new year in front of you to drop the pounds you want. You know what it takes and you can do it!
Thanks! And I love your new pic
Old 01-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

B-Greek yogurt, coffee,water

S-Cheezits

L-Chicken tortilla soup, unsweet tea

S-Protein shake

D-Chili with cheese
Old 01-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Angel, that looks like a great menu. I personally hate every shake or protein drink I have tried. What shakes do you use?
Old 01-11-2013, 01:50 PM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Angel, that looks like a great menu. I personally hate every shake or protein drink I have tried. What shakes do you use?
Hey there-I like Premier shakes (you can get them at Sams or Costco) and Click shakes (this is a coffee based protein) Love it!
Old 01-21-2013, 04:25 PM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Angel, how is everything going in your world?
Old 01-22-2013, 09:03 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Angel, how is everything going in your world?
Hey there...everything is a bit on the stressful side as I am in the process of moving. Started a new job and not sure how I feel about it right now...just getting in the swing of things. How about you?
Old 01-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Haven't been updating as much as I should...just haven't felt like myself here lately. Not sure what's up with me. I think it's just the stress of moving,mom,new job,$, the usual. I switched back to Lexapro from Pristiq a) it was expensive b) it wasn't helping a bit with weight loss (as I was told it would) c) I REALLY didn't think it was helping with anxiety/depression whatever. I have been contemplating go off of AD's completely but it seems like it's never a good time. Will it ever be? I dunno, but for now I am still on it. I haven't weighed in a few days but my pants are tight

When I get my tax return (and pay bills/repay mom,etc) I am contemplating either paying in full for a year gym membership OR buying some equipment for home. We shall see...I was pricing ellipticals at the store the other day and they aren't that expensive. That + a weight bench/weights is really all I need.

I am dating someone new... so far so good (fingers crossed!) he even came along with me (to my part time job) and helped me clean. I think I can see a future with him (as he says he can with me) so, I guess we shall see how it goes...I feel bad for the situation with M, but at the end of the day I can't keep waiting around-despite the fact that I have a lot of feelings for him. I don't know how to tell him that I am moving on...but I need to soon.

Foodwise-all over the place really. Do well sometimes and horrible the others. I really need to find a support group/counselor but I have had to take off so much lately that I really don't have time unless it's after hours.

Check in later gators
Old 01-23-2013, 09:10 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Checking in...

So far-

SF Redbull/water... that's super healthy...not.

I am going on 3 hours of sleep though (also not healthy but it was my guy's birthday-so I hung out with him way too late)

For lunch-I want to say chili, but last time I had chili I had a stomach bug...and well.... not sure I want that. Maybe a salad. I need some protein and fat though...

Dinner-I thawed about some hamburger. Not sure what I will do with it just yet. Probably crack slaw

Also going in to check out a new gym this evening. Should be fun
Old 01-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Angel, I hope the new meds work out for you. For the elliptical I saw on another thread that Sara7272 just got one so you might PM her and ask her how reasonable it was.

Nice to hear you have a new man in your life and that he is a nice guy. Any guy who will pitch in AND clean gets an A from me.

Ditch that redbull! I know sometimes it is needed and I buy my BF the 5 hour energy when he doesn't get the right kind of sleep.

Have fun checking out the gym. I am trying to decide if I should join one or not. I suck at exercise.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:30 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Checking in...

So far:

Hot tea (fighting a cold/strep)
Oatmeal w/brown sugar/raisins-odd craving
Water (took antibiotics,lex,and dayquil)

About to have some coffee...need to wake up. I am in the midst of moving, I need as much energy as I can get to get this move done.

That will be my exercise for the next few days.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good luck with the moving. If you have stuff like mine, you'll definitely get plenty of exercise. I would say have fun but I hate moving!
Old 01-31-2013, 01:23 PM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good luck with the moving. If you have stuff like mine, you'll definitely get plenty of exercise. I would say have fun but I hate moving!
Yeah, I hate moving. I can't wait for it to be done and over with. On a happier note, I joined a new gym! I can't wait to get back on track with working out. Also, it's time to go grocery shopping so that we can eat better! It's payday!!! Finally...
Old 02-13-2013, 10:05 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Just checking in...I put in my 2 weeks notice at work...the reason-my mom. She needs me...so do my kids. I feel like this past year has been the most stressful ever. I am stepping out on faith and luckily will have my 401k $ to back me up for a few months. So, hopefully that will allow me some free time to work out and actually plan/cook meals. I hope! I hope to get her on her feet (surgery,recovery,etc) and then get back to working. That is the plan! My weight appears to be going down these days...yay! I think it's just been not eating as much and adding wellbutrin to my meds. My plan/hope is to be back in the 80's by my bday...2/25.

Forgot to add:
B-Oikos greek yogurt
S-Yogurt raisins
L-apple w/almond butter + something..not sure yet
D-I am thinking some kind of stir fry (ground chicken/broccoli...have to check the freezer)

Last edited by ANGELFIRE80; 02-13-2013 at 10:06 AM..
Old 02-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Just an update....took mom to the ER/dr's appt yesterday...basically this doc just pissed me off. He said my mom is addicted to narcotics (hmmmmmmm who has been handing out the pain meds like candy???? and NOT fixing the issue we came to you for to begin with!) and that she needs to go to inpatient drug treatment to get off of them. WTH!?????????????? MY MOM? The one who doesn't drink,do drugs, or anything? How can this be what our lives have come to at this point? I am beyond angry, frustrated, fed up, and don't know what to do! She has agreed to go to the treatment place, but I just don't feel good about this..I don't know-it just doesn't seem RIGHT!!!!! She didn't ask for this, she was adamant against taking the pain meds in the beginning...they URGED her to take them...she had a pain pump and they were like-push the button! It's there for you...and now-Oh, your an addict? How is that right? I hate this for my mom...if I could go in her place to this rehab s**t I would in a heart beat...

I have called the Mayo clinic in Jacksonville, FL and the request has been sent for review to see if they can help her. I just don't like this doc getting her hooked on drugs and then calling HER the addict. Seriously? I know that anyone who is reading this does not know my mom...but it's seriously LAUGHABLE. She can't drink a WINE cooler and not get tipsy...just pisses me off. It hurt my heart to hear this man call MY mom an addict.

I am that we find someone who can do something about this fistula once and for ALL.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cookie34
Stats: 273/186/150
WOE: VSG/Low Carb
Start Date: 5/20/2012
Angel,

I had VSG on 6/12/12. My starting weight was 273. I am 5'4. I am at 187.6 as of today. I was really stuck since basically October. It is my own fault for grazing. I didn't really gain, just maintained.

Well, as of last weekend, I decided to do Hcg again to get me back on track.
Last Monday I weighed 195.6. I have lost 8 pounds since then.

I just kind of skimmed through your journal and didn't read everything, but I am going to go back and read it. Are you a member on vertical sleeve talk?

Hope you are doing great!
Old 02-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie34 View Post
Angel,

I had VSG on 6/12/12. My starting weight was 273. I am 5'4. I am at 187.6 as of today. I was really stuck since basically October. It is my own fault for grazing. I didn't really gain, just maintained.

Well, as of last weekend, I decided to do Hcg again to get me back on track.
Last Monday I weighed 195.6. I have lost 8 pounds since then.

I just kind of skimmed through your journal and didn't read everything, but I am going to go back and read it. Are you a member on vertical sleeve talk?

Hope you are doing great!
Hey there...thanks for stopping by! I have been stuck for a while myself. My lowest weight was 172...I am 194 last time I checked I have been so overwhelmed with everything going on with my mom it has led me to not pay attention. I graze,drink my calories,haven't been exercising. Basically everything they tell you NOT to do. I am glad to still be under 200 at this point. I am not going to be working soon, so I will (hopefully) have free time to exercise and cook good food!

Good for you for getting back on track! This is not my original journal...I started a new one in hopes that it would help me to get back on track (haha)...I will look for my 1st one and post a link if you want. I do go on Obesity Help and VST but I am not active on either...just a lurker really

I have been following this lady on FB, her name is Meg...goes by Fit B***h lol and I am really leaning towards a paleo lifestyle. I have actually went in with a friend to get half a cow...It is really becoming apparent to me that my whole dieting life-I have gone about things the wrong way. I really need to focus on QUALITY food...Whole foods with ingredients I can pronounce. I need to start making small changes because making 1000+ changes overnight clearly does not work for me. It's kind of eye opening really. If we only focus on the weight loss part, this is where we go wrong. The scale doesn't always move in the direction we want despite our best efforts. I want to be healthy...not just skinny! She also talks about how cardio isn't necessary in order to get lean...diet is the most important part...then lifting will help you get there as well.

Good luck with HCG...that is awesome you are down 8! Keep it up