LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bear84
Stats: 464/374/240
WOE: Carb Cycles
Start Date: March 2012
Mark's Journey

Well I figured I'd start up a journal over here, I've got several other journals notating my weight lifting on some sponsor sites, but none as far as actual weight loss goes.

I'm 27, I've been a competetive weight lifter since high school years. I currently hold 2 deadlift records in the state of Texas through 2 different federations, and 1 bench press record in the state. I compete raw, always have, but have used some gear in the past, but only for training.

I also compete in 3 gun, USPSA pistol shooting, and IDPA pistol shooting. I'm also looking to get in to law enforcement, but feel my weight is holding me back greatly, so losing the weight will open the door to achieve more of my goals and dreams.

I'm currently at 372 as of this morning. My heaviest is 464.8lbs, still got a long long way to go, but definitely making the changes and progress I need in order to get there. My wife is also joining me on this journey, so it'll be a good learning and growing experience for the both of us. My goal weight before October is 310, with my past experience with keto dieting, it's well within my reach if I hunker down and stay strict. Looking forward to learning more about an actual prolonged keto diet and tracking my progress here.

Official start will be March 5th. I'll also double log my workouts in here as well. All workouts will likely be half weight, focusing on more upper body/chest work since that's what's lagging behind. Will be doing high reps low weight short restfor more of a cardio effect. Should be interesting to see how it works.
bear84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links