LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 07:11 AM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: daisyHair
Stats: 257/228/140
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 5' 4" 50 Years Old
Hi! Gang!

I am here.. doing well.. down another pound. Just have not had much "me" time to hang out here. I need to work on that. It's really important to my success.

How are you guys? Thanks for the posts!
(((Hugs)))

Cary~
daisyHair is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2012, 08:12 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: leeloo
Stats: 222/197/140
WOE: Atkins/whole foods/KISS
Start Date: 1/15/2014 (this time)

Nice to see you! I'm good, nothing exciting to report. Still on plan
leeloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Well I am good.. back on today. I had a bad episode where I blacked out and fell.. I wrote about it here Vagus Nerve Fainting Episode so I am not gonna write about it again here.

I went off for the weekend.. i was carbed up from the sugar/saline I got at the hospital anyway. I had Pancakes for dinner Sat. DH cooked them and yes.. they were really good.. I put a ton of blueberries on top. I didn't actually eat them all but I ate enough!

I am four pounds up.. I had other various "not low carb" foods sat and early Sun.. but I went back on LC last night.. I am sure the weight is water and will come off soon enough..

I did learn a few things and have decided I for sure had electrolyte issues.. I am looking into a few things I want to order for myself that I wrote about in my blog (link below) but can't really go into them here. One is a type of salt and another is a mineral drop you add to your daily water.

I was really down and wondered if LC is really for me.. for a split second. Then I came back to my senses!

LeeLoo!!!!
I was sad to hear about your fainting episode! I know how frightening it must have been and the fact you mentioned that you had a few drinks the night before made me remember I had also the night before.. two glasses of champagne so I am sure that helped with my dehydration.. plus I was really in deep ketosis.. I lost 4.5# last week! that has not happened in weeks and weeks.. I am sure it just pushed me low in electrolytes because I am SO bad about remembering my supplements.

That's changing!

Tonight we are having salmon and a nice salad.. I am adding sunflower seeds for the salt.. looking forward to them for some reason!

I'll be back soon! Oh and I refuse to change my stats yet! I will in a week if the water weight does not come right off.. but I am sure it will.

Night!
Old 05-11-2012, 10:25 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Here for the journey!!!
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Well I am back.. Of course I will never give up. Ever.

I have been back on LC three days today. I think I am down two or 3 pounds which is not much for starting back but I was dieting (just counting calories) for a couple of weeks before so I don't have a bunch of glycogen stores to burn (no water woosh really).

I have such problems with sugar cravings. This is why I keep coming back to low carb. I am a sugar addict. A crazed, self rationalizing addict. I get control when I stay very low carb but I have so many issues with electrolyte loss that instead of just somehow making sure I take my supplements I am always using that as an excuse to go off plan.

My husband downloaded an alarm/timer/clock program into my computer for me so I can set it to go off a couple of times thru the day to help remind me to take my supplements. (forgot to set it this AM!).. I have to get in the habit.

I am excited and motivated but I always get like this when I re-start, the key is going to be somehow maintaining focus.

I really need to come here and post often, I need the support.. I need the community. I work from home and don't have much daily contact with human beings!

We don't have children and my DH works such long hours.

I have a home based business but I am just not focused on it at all right now. I know it will suffer but I need this.

So tonight for dinner I am making buffalo hamburgers. I LOVE buffalo ground meat. Our Publix has it in the GreenWise section.

To go with, I am making a nice, simple salad with homemade raspberry balsamic vinegrette (never, ever will give up my balsamic.. I know it has 1 carb a T but I only use about 3 T in the recipe)..

Well gang.. cheers!

Last edited by daisyHair; 06-12-2012 at 12:13 PM..
Old 06-12-2012, 03:08 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Cheers to you sweetie!!!! You can definitely do it!!!! Looking forward to cheering for you every step of the way and kicking your butt when needed too.

I have never tried buffalo. May have to.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Welcome back! I know exactly where you are coming from. I have stopped and started this so many times I've lost count. I REFUSE to give up however and that's why I'm here. I KNOW you can do this! I'm here with ya, dealing with sort've the same struggles as you. I'm pretty much a SAHM and a college student and don't interact much with other adults I love being here on LCF, I continue to always learn new things and am making some really great friends in the process of getting healthy!

Cheers to you!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, I just wanted to tell you that you have such a friendly face that just exudes energy and creativity!!!! Looking forward to getting to know you.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!!! How are you?
Old 06-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Congrats on another pound GONE! I looked at the site, prettty!!!

Nuts are evil for me - no portion control at all!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

I would love to talk jewels and creative stuff. I will check out your gallery.

Thats crazy about the package, gotta love the post office. Oh the stress of having to redo it. Way to go on not letting the stress get to you and make bad food decisions!!!

I used to make my own jewelry as well, but once I had the kids it got to be too hard. I would just get everything out and then they would wake up and want to play with all my stuff. It was nervewracking.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Knock, knock..... anyone home???

Just checked out your site. Beautiful jewelry!!!

Last edited by Happy2be; 06-29-2012 at 06:41 PM..
Old 06-30-2012, 06:40 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Hope you're doing okay!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:14 AM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

a new start...

Thankful for new beginnings..

I turned 49 on Christmas Eve. My first thought was how fortunate I am in my life. I have a wonderful family.. a great husband.. I am doing what I love for a career.. I have a great home and I am pretty sure I still have my health but I am really pushing my luck. This last month has been very indulgent food wise and I am not sure of my weight. I know I have gained allot back and am in the 230s. We are living in a hotel room the last three weeks so there is no scale. My husbands mother passed away and we are out of state trying to finalize her estate. Its been pretty stressful and I've been eating way too much sugar and well junk food in general.. lots of comfort eating.

I am quietly committing myself back to low Carb today. We are staying at a hotel with a free "breakfast" but the only thing low Carb is scrambled eggs... so I will have those alone. We don't have a way to cook right now so we have been eating out for every meal... I am surfing around right now looking for menus for local restaurants. I am going to start posting again here also as often as I can... Happy New Year my friends.

Last edited by daisyHair; 01-08-2013 at 06:22 AM..
Old 01-08-2013, 05:41 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Glad to see you! Happy belated birthday too! Does your room have a fridge and microwave? Maybe load up with the eggs and get some cheese, avocados, etc to add to it.

Hope you have a wonderful week, keep in touch!

Old 01-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Happy new year and happy belated birthday. You do not look 49 at all. So sorry to hear about your mother in law. How much longer will you be there? Can you go to a local store and pick up some of the atkin products to help you out. I have heard they have Atkins meals now in the frozen section. I really like the atkin shakes in a pinch.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:21 AM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Well I need to post here much more often!! I am working on that. We did not do well while we were away. I won't make excuses. I've been back on LC and doing very well since we got home.

What is everyone doing for Valentines day?
We normally have dinner out at a steak place.. usually some place extra awesome but this year Patrick accepted invites from friends to go to a Greek place.. I really have no idea what to eat shy of a salad and fish.. they are supposed to have amazing fish.. I posted in the ML re: the dinner to see if I could find someone more familiar with Greek food than I.

I am not REALLY concerned because fish and salad will WORK but I am hoping for something more exciting!

I am looking forward to a romantic night out.. and I am trying to find out if trying some Ouzo will fit in my LC plan but I have no idea exactly what it is but I will find out.!

Well good morning my friends! Are any of you dealing with snow right now?