Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RedZaftig
Stats: 000/000/000
Hiya...I was perusing journals to get some meal ideas and I saw your menu item called "crackslaw" what is that? lol
RedZaftig is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
Soemthing new I made tonight. Grilled Chicken Parm. It was delicious!

I grilled the chicken, then topped it with garlic, onion, red pepper flakes and fire roasted tomatoes. On top of that, I put a little over a handful of parmesan (grated) cheese. Then, sliced smoked mozzarella on top of that. Broiled it for 3 mins, and it was heaven!! Definitely will be making this again. tomorrow is my weigh in day, and I am excited. I believe that I have made progress this week I finally joined a gym for the first time in my life. I went today, and worked out for about 45 mins. Planet Fitness has where you get membership for only $20 mth. And, they are so friendly. And, they sponsor the Biggest Loser.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...eightress.html

greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Crackslaw~brown any type of ground meat (i like ground turkey). Season it. I usually go one of two ways. Either I go chinese with 5 spice and ginger and sesame oil or I go like stuffed cabbage with splenda, tomato sauce and lemon juice. After seasoning the meat, add a bag of shredded cabbage and cook until wilted. At my grocery store, they offer angel hair style cabbage without carrots in it. That is what I use. We call it crackslaw because you can;t get enough of it!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:29 PM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RedZaftig
Stats: 000/000/000
Quote:
Originally Posted by greengeeny View Post
Crackslaw~brown any type of ground meat (i like ground turkey). Season it. I usually go one of two ways. Either I go chinese with 5 spice and ginger and sesame oil or I go like stuffed cabbage with splenda, tomato sauce and lemon juice. After seasoning the meat, add a bag of shredded cabbage and cook until wilted. At my grocery store, they offer angel hair style cabbage without carrots in it. That is what I use. We call it crackslaw because you can;t get enough of it!!!
Thank you for posting the recipe. I could SO eat crackslaw! The grilled Parm sounds amazing too. Way to go on getting the gym membership!! What type of workouts are you doing (cardio and/or weights?) I really need to get my butt back into the weight room. I have been slacking off on that end...been doing too much yoga and aquafit. Do you attend group fitness classes (or plan to?)
RedZaftig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Right now I am still trying to feel the gym out. I have an appt on May 1 to have a trainer put together a workout plan for me It is free at planet fitness! Sunday, I did the eliptical thingy for 15 minutes, the bike for 15 minutes and a 12 minute ab workout. Monday, I did the ArcTrainer for 30 minutes, abswing for about 40 times, and Tricep machine 10 reps, 3 times. Yesterday, I did 12 minute abs, side crunches, bike for 20 mins, tricep machine 10 reps, 3 times. Not going today, as I have to work tonight and worked this morning as well. Plus, its probably not good to go every single day. I don't wanna burn out.
I used to go to Zumba class every tues and thurs. But, with the kids having games in the evenings, a lot of times it interfered with the class. So, I stopped going. at planet fitness, its on my way home from work, and they are open mon-fri 24 hours, 7-7 on weekends. Gives me more flexibility.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Breakfast: sTarbucks decaf iced latte with sugarfree vanilla and made with 1/2 and 1/2
Snack: Sausage and cheese muffin
Lunch: 4 leftover mild chicken wings
Snack: 4 russell stover sf candies and 1/2 bag of bbq pork rinds
Dinner: Chicken breast with shrimp, big salad with ranch
Snack: panna cotta with whipped cream

I ate a lot today. I also worked out today. Wonder if the two are connected or what is going on. When I ate that candy and pork rinds, I had just finished working out, and stopped at the store ravenous. I was looking for something I could eat while driving home, without going high carb.
My thighs are FINALLY starting to feel the burn Not working out tomorrow, because I work both jobs, but definitely plan on hitting up the gym saturday and sunday I noticed that I am drinking a ton more water now that I started working out! Also, I think I might have heel spurs. I had massive pain in my heels for two days straight after walking on the treadmill and eliptical machines. So, I went online and looked up natural remedies. A few stretches for your feet and rolling a frozed water bottle underneath were suggested. I tried it, and it worked! Pain has subsided. Atleast I have a go to solution now, if it happens again. It was crazy!
Old 07-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday:
Breakfast: a few almonds and a glass of vanilla almond milk, unsweetened
Lunch: Buffet~salad with romaine, broccoli, cucumber, green pepper, olives, pepperoni and grilled chicken. Grilled chicken breast w/bone in, 1/4 c cooked spinach, 1/4 c cooked cabbage
Dinner: 8 shrimp with a lemon butter sauce I made (1 laughing cow cheese, 2 tbsp butter, mrs dash lemon pepper, splash of lemon juice and splash of hwc)
Snacks: almonds, natural pb with heavy cream and little bit of splenda
Old 07-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

It has been so freaking hot here that I have had trouble getting motivated to do much of anything. Have changed exercising in for evening walks with the kids when the temps get down to about 85 instead of 100. We have season passes to Cedar point, which get us in teh waterpark too. So, we have been going to both places each week. Teh walking there, playing in the water, etc has to be helping (I hope).
Old 07-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Just got home from work. Had a sf jello with whipped cream as a snack while I made dinner. its a late night home, but being so busy at work, I didn't have time to even think about food. Which is good, because I work in an Italian place!

While enjoying a dt Dr. Pepper, I am smelling my dinner bake up. I want to call it a chicken, mushroom and spinach lasagne. I chopped up raw chicken and browned it in butter and olive oil with italian seasonings and mushrooms. Then in a pan, I layered 1/2 c of tomato basil sauce (I found one that was 4 carbs per 1/2 c), 1/2 cup fresh spinach, half of the chicken mixture and topped with 5 slices of mozzarella, then repeated, then topped it with one more 1/2 c of sauce and about 1/2 c shredded mozzarella. I put the reciped in *********** and it comes out to a little less than 4 carbs per piece. It will make six big portions of "lasagne". I know what I will be eating for the next few days. It smells amazing.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:30 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

So, yesterday I did very well.

Breakfast~slice of the lasagne left over from dinner
Lunch and Dinner~packed a cooler with: hard boiled eggs, salami/boursin cheese rollups, low sodium ham and turkey slices, cheese sticks, diet dr. pepper, almonds, beef jerkey and hot/spicy pork rinds.

PLUS~if you are a platinum pass holder, you get to buy this Windseeker Cup for $8 and it is $2 to refill for the entire season~iced water is FREE. So, the only soda I like is dt. dr pepper, and it is a treat, we just watered with it all day long. Woke up this morning and was down 3 lbs. Probably sweated most of it out, because yesterday was insanely HOT. We spent most of our time in the water park!

(P.s. I also broke down and bought two Atkins pb cup packets to take with us. I knew the smell of the "food" might get to me, so I threw them in the cooler and they were nice and chilled when I ate them)
Old 07-08-2012, 11:07 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Breakfast: 4 bob evans sausage links fried in a tbsp butter and a dot of peanut oil, 1/4 c onions and about a tbsp of heavy cream
Lunch: Lasagne
Dinner: Mushroom swiss burger
Snacks: dt. dr pepper, pork rinds
Old 07-09-2012, 10:53 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Breakfast~atkins pb cups, tall iced latte from sTarbucks with hwc and sugarfree vanilla
Lunch and Dinner~grilled out today for my bday!~! Made ribs, chicken legs and shrimp skewers! Then, had a veggie plate with cucumbers, green peppers, broccoli and celery and cream cheese/salsa dip. Meat and cheese plate with salami rollups with laughing cow, pepperoni, cheese cubes, spicy cauliflower and olives. My sister ran up to Boston Market to pick up sides (I didn't think I needed anything else, but wasn't really thinking of others tastes lol) and she got a small mac n cheese, parsley potatoes, creamed spinach and sweet potato casserole. I used to love their creamed spinach and sweet potato casserole and have to admit I took two bites of the sweet potatoes!!

Then, last night I came home to my children surprising me by baking a cake! I told them we would save it for today when everyone came over. Sooo...overnight I made a low carb pumpkin layered cheesecake from our recipe database on here. That was MY dessert. I avoided teh cake even though it was made just for me and it smelled delicious, my cheesecake looked divine and much more tempting!!!!

But, then late night tonight, a few teen swere still hanging out and ordered pizza. and, I ate a piece. But only one.

Mind you, I didn't eat everything from the bbq, but kept an open mind to offer only low carb options. After one plate of food, I was stuffed pretty much until they ordered pizza around midnight. I usually dont eat that late, but we were all watching movies and I was feeling a little hungry.

And so now, I am one year older. The big 37. Wow...getting closer to 40 so soon!@!!!
Old 07-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Breakfast~Mim smothered with 2 tsps butter, 2 slices bacon
Lunch~1 c CAULIFLOWER BISQUE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes, 2 TUNA OR SALMON MUFFINS - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes topped with TARTAR SAUCE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes and a small salad
Dinner~BROCCOLI QUICHE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
Snacks~sf jello with whipped cream, five almonds, 4 sf russel stover candies
Old 07-13-2012, 11:05 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Breakfast~MIM (added walnuts) with 2 tsps butter, 1 slice of bacon
Lunch~1 c cauliflower bisque, 2 tuna muffins with tartar sauce
Dinner~ Taco Salad
Snacks~Another taco salad lol~I checked my carbs and they were only at 13 for the day, and I was very hungry! 1 low carb chocolate almond ice cream bar
Old 07-16-2012, 08:59 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Ok...big day for me! I hit 189.8 lbs!! When I get to 183, I am going to buy myself a new shirt. Might have to buy a new bra soon too, because mine are starting to feel too big!!! Right now, I wear 40DD, but recently bought a couple of 40D bras, and now those are feeling a little loose too I am so excited!

Breakfast~MIM with butter
Lunch~1 c crackslaw, 1 c cauliflower bisque
Dinner~1 c crackslaw, 1 c cauliflower bisque

Snacks~1 breyers carb smart almond bar, 1 c coffee with a little hwc, 1 sf russell stover candy
Old 07-17-2012, 03:49 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Okay...menu for today
Breakfast~broccoli and cheese quiche
Lunch~crackslaw, sf jello
Dinner~Alice Springs Chicken, Zucchini Gratin and Salad

Attempting to make a low carb dessert today off of Linda Sue's site. Called No bake Jello Cheesecake.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:36 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Last night was a true test of my will power. Took the boys out to eat and to the movies for an air conditioned, out of the house treat. We went to Quaker Steak and Lube to eat, and when we walked in, they had a wing buffet thing going on. So, we decided to get that. BUT when I walked up to the wing buffet, there was pizza and fries, those yummy soft salty pretzels and freshly made chips. ALL of the wings were some sort of sweet~and my faves Buckeye BBQ were there too. BUT, I took a little salad, and when our server came over, told her the wings I wanted weren't on the buffet. No problem! She brought out 6 of the Haute Parm wings for me. THEN we went to the movie theater and the popcorn was screaming my name lol. The smells were exasperating. BUT my teenage son, who is very supportive, suggested we go right into the theater and bypass the snacks. He was full anyways. So twice in one night I avoided eating heavy carb overload.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

It has been so long since I have posted on here! Time to get back to tracking myself. I haven't lost any more weight, but thank heavens I haven't gained either!

Breakfast~slice of ham and pepperjack quiche
Lunch~Cauliflower bisque, 2 tuna patties with tartar sauce and a spinach salad
Dinner~Alice Springs Chicken, sauteed zucchini with garlic and butter and a big dinner salad
Snacks~4 sugarfree chocolate covered cherries...they were bought for my birthday, and I ate them, but paid for it later at work as I ran to the bathroom w cramps And, about 2 oz. of beef jerky
Old 07-12-2013, 09:33 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Today I am going out with my friend for my birthday. We are going to an art opening of hers, then probably to a bar. I already have it all figured out.

Breakfast= slice of ham/ pepperjack cheese quiche
Lunch= burger, no bun and 2 c salad
Dinner= taco salad with guac
Snack= Met my sister at Dunkin Donuts...had a small iced coffee with cream and sugar free vanilla (4 carbs) and tonight while I am out, setting a limit of 2 vodka pops! (vodka pop = vodka, soda water and a lime and a lemon).
Old 07-12-2013, 10:33 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Changed my lunch to salami tacos (salami slices with a dab of cream cheese in the middle folded in half) and stuffed olives from the grocery store antipasti bar.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 205/185/140
WOE: LC/Experimenting w/ NK
Start Date: Jan 2012
Hello Greengeeny!
I just read through your journal and love your recipe and meal ideas. They've inspired me
It looks like we are around the same starting weight. Earlier you mentioned having to go down in bra size, and I was the same size bust too, and now am down to a 38, but an F now? Who knows how that works. I think we are close in age, too? I'll be 38 next month. I have a son too, he is 2 years and 3 months.

I've been trying to stick to induction but man it is hard during the summer when the delicious berries are around! Also my DH has been eating more of a vegatarian/pescatarian diet lately and it is hard b/c I have to cook 2 different meals sometimes. He gets tummy trouble eating meat lately.

Anyway just saying hello and letting you know there's someone out there in the same boat. Cheers!
alex_in_wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:32 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Last night was an epic fail Because my friend was treating for my bday, she requested that I drink beer instead of mixed drinks because she didn't have a whole lot of money. So the lowest carb beer they had was Michelob Light Ultra. I intended on having 2. But we stayed until closing and I believe I had 4...but not really sure. Then the worst part was my "friend" ordered nachos. And, I had some. Then, on the way home, I stopped at McD's, probably because I drank too much. I am working hard to stay in induction after falling off for a few months, and then last night happened and it felt like a big slap in the face. I refuse to pee on a ketostick this morning to check. I refuse to weigh myself this morning. Instead, I woke up, am getting ready to drink some water while frying up 5 little sausages in a pat of butter with a little olive oil. I am gonna dip the sausages in a mixture I make of half sour cream, half mustard. I am disappointed in myself, but just ready to put last night behind me and keep doing what I need to do to stay healthy.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:37 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Alex in Wonderland! Yes we are very similar! I turned 38 last Tuesday, and I have two boys...Andrew is 17 and Christian is 11. I miss when they were little like yours is They were so much more lovable then! I don't have the issue of cooking two meals, but I do often make homemade dumplings or mac n cheese for the boys, and I have to smell it and cook it. They normally eat what I am eating, maybe with something added, like potatoes. It's so weird that my children are completely healthy, and me not so much The fresh summer fruit is difficult, but maybe try adding some sugar free preserves into full fat cottage cheese. It might not be induction friendly, but its a lot less carbs than eating a big bowl of fruit. Thank you for commenting! I always wonder if anyone reads these things...
Old 07-13-2013, 07:58 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

I am so making this chicken!!!!

Leighdear's Buffalo Chicken Dip Goes Main Course Low Carb) Recipe - Food.com - 228463

It looks absolutely fab. THink I will serve it with oven roasted asparagus. It happens to be my go to side dish right now. Sprinkle the asparagus with olive oil, a little garlic powder, salt and pepper, and shredded parmesan. Roast in the oven at 400 for about 10 minutes. It really depends on how thick the asparagus is. My boys love this!!
Old 07-13-2013, 08:39 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Leighdear's Buffalo Chicken Dip Goes Main Course Low Carb) Recipe - Food.com - 228463
Baked Garlic Chicken Thighs - Low Carb Recipe - Food.com - 421092
Nacho Beef Soup Low Carb) Recipe - Food.com - 349417
Poppy's Favorite Toscano Soup Low Carb) Recipe - Food.com - 227483

After finding that delicious looking buffalo chicken recipe, I went back and found a few more I would like to try in the near future
Old 07-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Somebody posted this on the forum, so I copied it. I want to keep in mind what really matters

WHEN YOU ARE HUNGRY,
EAT YOUR CHOICE OF THE FOLLOWING FOODS:

Meat: Beef (including hamburger and steak), pork, ham (unglazed), bacon, lamb, veal, or other meats. For processed meats (sausage, pepperoni, hot dogs), check the label carbohydrate count should be about 1 gram per serving (and be organic if able and nitrate free).

Poultry: Chicken, turkey, duck, or other fowl.

Fish and Shellfish: Any fish, including tuna, salmon, catfish, bass, trout, shrimp, scallops, crab, and lobster (no farmed seafood, there are to many toxins in them).

Eggs: Whole eggs are permitted without restrictions.

You do not have to avoid the fat that comes with the above foods.
You do not have to limit quantities deliberately, but you should stop eating when you feel full.

FOODS THAT MUST BE EATEN EVERY DAY:

Salad Greens: 2 cups a day. Includes arugula, bok choy, cabbage (all varieties), chard, chives, endive, greens (all varieties, including beet, collards, mustard, and turnip), kale, lettuce (all varieties), parsley, spinach, radicchio, radishes, scallions, and watercress. (If it is a leaf, you may eat it.)

Vegetables: 1 cup (measured uncooked) a day. Includes artichokes, asparagus, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, celery, cucumber, eggplant, green beans (string beans), jicama, leeks, mushrooms, okra, onions, pepper pumpkin, shallots, snow peas, sprouts (bean and alfalfa) sugar snap peas, summer squash, tomatoes, rhubarb, wax beans, zucchini.

Bouillon: 2 cups daily—as needed for sodium replenishment. Clear broth (consommé) is strongly recommended, unless you are on a sodium-restricted diet for hypertension or heart failure.

FOODS ALLOWED IN LIMITED QUANTITIES:

Cheese: up to 4 ounces a day. Includes hard, aged cheeses such as Swiss and Cheddar, as well as Brie, Camembert blue, mozzarella, Gruyere, cream cheese, goat cheeses. Avoid processed cheeses, such as Velveeta. Check the label; carbohydrate count should be less than 1 gram per serving.

Cream: up to 4 tablespoonfuls a day. Includes heavy, light, or sour cream (not half and half).

Mayonnaise: up to 4 tablespoons a day. Duke's and Hellmann's are low-carb. Check the labels of other brands.

Olives (Black or Green): up to 6 a day. Avocado: up to 1/2 of a fruit a day.

Lemon/Lime Juice: up to 4 teaspoonfuls a day.

Soy Sauces: up to 4 tablespoons a day. Kikkoman is a low carb brand. Check the labels of other brands.

Pickles, Dill or Sugar-Free: up to 2 a servings a day. Mt. Olive makes sugar-free pickles. Check the labels for carbohydrates and serving size.

Snacks: Pork rinds/skins; pepperoni slices; ham, beef, turkey, and other meat roll-ups; deviled eggs.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:48 AM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: May 1, 2014
Good for you sticking with it!
Portia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Breakfast= 5 sausage links fried up in butter and a little bit of olive oil, dipped in sour cream and mustard mixed
Snack= slice of sugarfree no bake cheesecake
Lunch= Taco salad
Dinner=Chicken Scallopine with asparagus instead of pasta.

I work at Romano's Macaroni Grill, and Chicken Scallopine is a dish with sauteed chicken, prosciutto, artichokes, capers, roasted tomatoes and mushrooms served with a lemon butter sauce. Normally it comes with a side of angel hair pasta, but the chefs will switch out asparagus for me
Old 07-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 205/185/140
WOE: LC/Experimenting w/ NK
Start Date: Jan 2012
Greengeeny, good for you for getting back on track right away! That's the most important thing. I also find that alcohol leads to bad decision making for me, I can have a little bit but more than a drink or maybe two, but then I start thinking "oh its no big deal!" and eat off plan then feel awful and guilty later! *sigh* But it feels good to know you can just dust yourself off and start again fresh the next meal.

I try to picture it but it is hard imagining my little guy as a teenager, and admittedly I'm a little scared! He is such a handful already But I know I will look back at this time and cherish it.

Thanks for the tip on the cottage cheese. I'll be checking out those recipes you posted too, and the Chicken Scallopine sounds deelish! Also, I have seen that Induction list floating around, and I have a copy of DANDR too. I probably should post a copy of that so I see it when I need to be reminded! Having been doing this on/off for a year and a half now (mostly on, thankfully!) I mostly know what I can eat but its good to keep it right there in front of me for inspiration.

Tonight I am making shrimp enchiladas with a mushroom cream sauce (a copycat of one of dishes out our favorite mexican place). For my part I'll be eating it sans tortillas of course!
alex_in_wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Shrimp enchiladas with a mushroom cream sauce sounds delicious!! Hook me up with a recipe on that Tortilla smortilla...just means we can eat more of the filling!!