Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #241
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Julie, I know that most people buy into the "push the calories in P3" idea but I found I had better luck with slowly increasing them and being very conservative about it. I just didn't think it was wise to go from one extreme all the way over to the other side of the spectrum so fast. I hope you find what works for you and that you are easily able to keep the weight in the range you want to for the rest of your life.

We don't have Sweet T's here. It sounds really good, though. My favorite place is Chili's.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #242
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Thanks chery! I did fewer cals my first day of P3, gained 1.2. Didnt plan to eat so many cals yesterday, but was hungrier. I'm journalling my foods more for academic reasons. I'm not trying to hit a number, working on hunger scale. But curious to see where I'm coming in calorie wise, and what the scale says.

I made tuna salad and rotisserie chicken salad today. I need safe yummy things to have in the fridge for when I am hungry. Just had lunch of chicken salad!! I love eating LC, but notice I'm craving chocolate . If I'm back down a bit by Thursday I'll have my NSA dark choc froyo . Not trying to over think it, but trying to stay in control and making mindful choices .
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:04 AM   #243
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, I'm down 0.2 to LDW+0.2 which is 147.4. Not too shabby. I would love to get below LDW again, but I'm not sure a CD is a good idea this soon. I wouldn't mind doing one, but wonder if it'll stick. Usually they're not effective unless a gain is from indulgence. And, since I've been good and am right around LDW, I'll probably just stick w. clean P3 eating. So far, so good.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:24 AM   #244
Big Yapper!!!!

I STS today!! VLCD5 and I'm 147.4 this morning, LDW +0.2. Crazy but thrilled!!

I am happy to report that I didn't gain any weight over night!!!?? Really? I ate out yesterday and went way over on the calories (2100!!) Even had some choc covered almonds!! (decided since I'll prob. have a CD I might as well enjoy it a bit!) But miraculously I'm the same weight. I may not be back down to 145, my all time low, but I am right by my last dose weight, which is amazing!! I'm truly pleased and beginning to think that the metabollic reset I did throughout April, May and June may have actually worked!! Or, that the hcg really does reset your hypothalmus, or that God is just being exceedingly good to me!! I'll go w/ option #3 and give Him the glory for it!!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #245
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
This is AWESOME NEWS JULIE!!! I hope you keep this level of cals and still are able to maintain! WHOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #246
Big Yapper!

All of the above, Julie! All of the above. I'm so thrilled for you, sweetheart.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:20 PM   #247
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I STS today!! VLCD5 and I'm 147.4 this morning, LDW +0.2. Crazy but thrilled!!

I am happy to report that I didn't gain any weight over night!!!?? Really? I ate out yesterday and went way over on the calories (2100!!) Even had some choc covered almonds!! (decided since I'll prob. have a CD I might as well enjoy it a bit!) But miraculously I'm the same weight. I may not be back down to 145, my all time low, but I am right by my last dose weight, which is amazing!! I'm truly pleased and beginning to think that the metabollic reset I did throughout April, May and June may have actually worked!! Or, that the hcg really does reset your hypothalmus, or that God is just being exceedingly good to me!! I'll go w/ option #3 and give Him the glory for it!!
I'm a believer! So happy for you!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Yeah!! That's great! Keep up the kickin tookus!
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #249
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Deb!! you're doing great too!!

Amy-woohoo for maintaining!! you're kicking tushie too!!

Maggie-you're plugging away in P2 well youreself!! Keep it up!!

Cheryl-thanks!! Happy Belated Birthday too!!

I'm up 0.2 today despite having NSA gelato last night?!! I'm NOT complaining!! LDW+0.4. I'm loving this round (so far, not getting cocky or over confident). I'm happy w. what I'm eating. Most days coming in around 1800cals which is about "right". I'm indulging in a bit of SF whipped cream or the occasional choc almond (not recommended, but works for me so far). I need to keep tight reigns on this though. We all know, you go along just fine, then trip and stumble and whammo!! You're up 6lbs and out of control. I want to keep it all under control. My in-laws come Friday for a 1-2 week stay (FIL is only staying a week-yeah!). So, we'll be eating out more and what I eat will be scrutinized (MIL is overweight and always tries to emulate what I eat). Anyway, not gonna' sweat it. Going to keep doing what's working and trust The Lord to guide me. He's blessing this so far, and I will keep plugging away!!

So far, so good!! I don't like to count my chickens before they hatch, but I feel great and this round is going well!! My LDW is a dream, and to be so close to it each day is just wonderful!!
Old 08-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #250
Big Yapper!

Wow! In-laws for 1 to 2 weeks is a long time. At least the MIL emulates your eating. That must help somewhat, right? You're doing so great right now, Julie. Don't count those chickens. There's no need!
Old 08-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #251
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Cheryl!! I feel bad for my MIL, but I've tried many times to help her. She's seen me at my highest weight and admires how I've lost it, and kept it off for years. Last time she came and stayed w. me for 2 weeks I helped her do Atkins. She lost 15lbs while here and felt the best she's felt in years. When she went home she tried for a little bit to stick w. it, but btw her dh and life in general she went back to "normal" and has gained it back plus some . I want to help her, but she needs to want it enough to stick with it. Sad really.

I STS!!! I'm thrilled!! I overate yesterday, coming in near 2000 cals again!! I can NOT explain it!! I am so thankful!!! I am not taking it lightly!! This is a total blessing!! I'm not the type to maintain easily. I'm a quick and easy gainer. I usually struggle and wrestle t/o P3. This is truly a miracle!! God is so good to me!!! I am at 147.6 today again!! Thrilled!! Love it!! First week of P3 is done, and I'm enjoying myself immensely and ecstatic!!

I took my temp today and it's down again . I'm back to 96.4ish. That's a concern. I suspect the LC nature of my diet is involved. I won't be upping the carbs again for a few weeks. I need to see what else I can do to raise my temps and metabollic rate. Hmmm. I'm a science experiment.

My inlaws arrive tonight and we're broke . It'll be a challenge to make dinner each night that all will eat!! My FIL is super picky and so is dh. But they like completely different things!! I love a challenge!!
Old 08-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #252
Big Yapper!

We're all so happy for you, Julie. As far as the feeding the family issues, just make something that you can afford. If they are hungry enough, they will partake. If not, maybe they will help out with the food expenses. That would be nice, wouldn't it?
Old 08-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #253
Big Yapper!!!!

Good advice Cheryl (as always!). I am doing what I've got stocked in the house, and if they don't like it, I'll let them borrow my car .

My work is done, I'm clean and blown dry. Now I just get to relax and enjoy my family .
Old 08-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #254
Big Yapper!

AMEN, honey! Relax, sit back and smell the roses. (In your tight, skinny jeans!!!) Wooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo!!!
Old 08-04-2012, 06:43 AM   #255
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, it finally caught up w/ me! I had more cals and carbs yesterday than normal-nectarine, cherries, salad, bite of popcorn. AND I worked out, first time in P3-weights. I was weak afterwards, and a tad sore today. The combination of too many calories and the weights netted me a 1.6 lb gain overnight. Right at the tippy top of my window. So, my "dilemma" today? Do I CD, or not? So far I've enjoyed my coffee w/ cream and put a roast in the crockpot for dinner. I'm not opposed to a CD today, in fact I'd love to do my GYCD. But, that may be a bit strange w/ the inlaws here. I'm going to plan on it, and stay open and flexible to what the day brings. even if I just do a clean LC day I'm confident it'll be better tomorrow. We'll see. I'm not stressed and not shocked. Just owning it and hopeful it's not the exercise. I'd really like to keep it going, especially the weight training as its the only thing that rehapes and tones my body .

Cheryl-you're such an encourager!! I hope you had a great night's sleep and have. Fun weekend ahead of you!
Old 08-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #256

It will all work out Julie! I have not had to do a CD yet, but I would just eat clean. HOWEVER you are in a different place than I am, knowing that you are already THERE, and just want to stay there... so good luck!
Old 08-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #257
Big Yapper!!!!

I'll eat clean P3, to hunger today. If I'm not down a bit tomorrow, I'll CD. I'm sure it'll go back down. Thanks Deb!
Old 08-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #258
Big Yapper!

Julie, sounds like the right thing to do. I bet it will be half gone tomorrow. I hope I can summon up "that thing" inside of me that can get me to my goal weight. What was "that thing" for you? I need some serious insight.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #259
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-that's the age old question. What is the motivation to make it stick this time? It's been a journey for me. The first 100lbs lost was the most revolutionary for me. Getting into "normal" clothing sizes was my original goal. I was able to stabilize around 175 for many years w. relative ease. But, getting below that point into "healthy" weight ranges was more challenging. Honestly, I went back and forth between being "satisfied with good enough" and wanting more. I would look around at all the "normal" people and think "will I ever be like them?". Then when I found hcg I began to think it was possible. When I did my round in Feb. this year and got to the 140's I was a new person. I was "thin" and "healthy" not overweight at all. First time ever!! After a bit of metabollic work, I hope to finally be done w/ "dieting". I'm really pleased w. my final goal. I'm trying to keep focused so I can stay here though. I'm concerned that my body will gravitate toward a higher set point. I'm still fighting the fight. I suppose I will eventually be more confident and relax a bit here. I am quite happy finally.

So, to answer your question, I just got fed up with being overweight. I think we need to reach that "disgruntled" point where we are willing to sacrifice in order to get the greater good-slimmer bodies. It needs to be "worth it" for us to make the choice.

I'm down 0.4 today. I suppose it's at least the right direction. I'd love to be lower in my range, but I'm also happy not to have done a CD yet. I'm likely to eat out after church today and we'll see what comes of that. So far, so good!! I'm going to lay off the weight training until P4 I think. I like how I look, but the mental battle w. the scale is messing w. me.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #260

Wise lady you are!!! Congrats on going down on the scale Julie! Keep up your great work in P3 !!!
Old 08-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #261
Big Yapper!

I didn't realize how long the road was for you. That alone gives me hope. Perhaps I'm being too hard on myself, that I'm not there yet. It takes time + diligence. Time to be my own best friend.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:46 AM   #262
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-yep, lifelong battle. It always will be one, I suspect. I don't mind being "different" from everyone else, most of the time . But there is certainly a side to me that wishes I could just relax and eat like the world does. And look lean and healthy. I need to accept that I will never be able to do that. I still battle that notion. Sigh. But, I'm finally down and really need to be willing to make the necessary sacrifices to stay here. I tend to forget that I am not "naturally thin" and will always need to stay vigilant.

Well, the scale is definitely catching up with me. How lovely last week was when I was 147.6 like a rock!! Sigh. I knew it couldn't last, and even though I ate mostly all P3 clean yesterday, I am up 1.2 overnight. I had those few fries at Freddy's and probably overate my dinner, but my calories and ratios were all the same yesterday. The body is a mystery. I'm a bit less sore today and will be stopping the weight training for the next 2 weeks of P3. I really think that started me down a bad path. I really wish that weren't the case. I wonder if Zumba would make me gain too? I think I have done that successfully in the past w. no scale change. Hmmm. I'll need to mull that over.

I'll do a GYCD today. I haven't done one in ages, and truthfully they're my favorite CD. W. family here it'll be hard to not eat like they are and I can't afford to feed them all steak if I do a steak day. It's much harder to follow protocol with an audience!! I'm so glad I'm not on P2!!!

Hope it goes well.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #263
Big Yapper!

That's a lot of steak! I hope your GY day does the trick. I'm sorry for the jump up on the scale today. I know how that feels when you are trying your best. Like you said, it'll be a life-long thing. For me as well, honey. I think if all the overweight folks in the world were truthful with themselves, they'd be sliding over to our "lifers camp" too.

I did my horse stuff today. I can't wait for summer to be over. I actually felt like I was going to puke while I was grooming the second horse I groomed. It passed but when I got home, it hit me again. I actually walked over to the sink in case it happened. It didn't and now I can rest and relax for the rest of the night.

I haven't had internet service for a full day so I have a ton of catching up to do here. TTYL! Love ya.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:03 AM   #264

Hope your GY day worked Julie!! Keep up the good work, you got this!! Your attitude is wonderful.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:30 AM   #265
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Deb!! I think I'm finally in the "right" place mentally when it comes to weight/diet etc. I am very pleased w. my current weight/size, but aside from that, I'm looking at the bigger picture of health and well being. Like you, I want/need to find a lifestyle I can maintain without the constant effort, energy and sacrifice. I feel like I'm on the edge of being truly free!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
That's a lot of steak! I hope your GY day does the trick. I'm sorry for the jump up on the scale today. I know how that feels when you are trying your best. Like you said, it'll be a life-long thing. For me as well, honey. I think if all the overweight folks in the world were truthful with themselves, they'd be sliding over to our "lifers camp" too.

I did my horse stuff today. I can't wait for summer to be over. I actually felt like I was going to puke while I was grooming the second horse I groomed. It passed but when I got home, it hit me again. I actually walked over to the sink in case it happened. It didn't and now I can rest and relax for the rest of the night.

I haven't had internet service for a full day so I have a ton of catching up to do here. TTYL! Love ya.
I'm glad you got through that. I'm sure when the weather cools down it'll be more enjoyable. Glad you're feeling better and back online too!!

My GYCD netted me 1.6 loss . I was, of course, hoping for more. What happened to my stable 147.6 all last week? . I am going to keep plugging away and avoid the gym this week. Maybe by the weekend I'll be closer to LDW (still 1.4 above even after a CD!!). I was 2lbs below LDW when I started P3, so I know I can get back there. It's just convincing my body that's where *it* wants to be .

Today's insight I'm working on retraining both my mind and body:
My self worth isn't dependant on the size of my clothing, or my waistline . I'm fearfully and wonderfully made, and I need to keep first things first in my life. Which, for me, is Jesus my Lord. When I am off track in my first love, all the other pieces of my life don't fit together as well. I'm counting my blessings, but also aware of how delicate life and all the "things" that I appreciate are. I could very easily be in dire circumstances. Would I still find joy and be able to rejoice? I hope so, but I realize I pursue comfort more than service. I'm more interested in my own appearance and popularity, than with being submitted to Him and living for Him. I am working on changing that, and keeping Him first, and then letting Him add "all these things" to my life. It's hard "dying to self" like the Bible teaches. But there is such joy and freedom in turning from my own pursuits and seeking Him first!! May I always keep my priorities straight!!

Have a great week!!

Last edited by julieboolie; 08-07-2012 at 07:32 AM..
Old 08-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #266
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Thanks Deb!! I think I'm finally in the "right" place mentally when it comes to weight/diet etc. I am very pleased w. my current weight/size, but aside from that, I'm looking at the bigger picture of health and well being. Like you, I want/need to find a lifestyle I can maintain without the constant effort, energy and sacrifice. I feel like I'm on the edge of being truly free!!

Today's insight I'm working on retraining both my mind and body:
My self worth isn't dependant on the size of my clothing, or my waistline . I'm fearfully and wonderfully made, and I need to keep first things first in my life. Which, for me, is Jesus my Lord. When I am off track in my first love, all the other pieces of my life don't fit together as well. I'm counting my blessings, but also aware of how delicate life and all the "things" that I appreciate are. I could very easily be in dire circumstances. Would I still find joy and be able to rejoice? I hope so, but I realize I pursue comfort more than service. I'm more interested in my own appearance and popularity, than with being submitted to Him and living for Him. I am working on changing that, and keeping Him first, and then letting Him add "all these things" to my life. It's hard "dying to self" like the Bible teaches. But there is such joy and freedom in turning from my own pursuits and seeking Him first!! May I always keep my priorities straight!!
Wow! That brought tears to my eyes. I'm right there with you, Julie. I have times when I am so close to Him and other times when I drift away and He's not a part of my life much, unless I need help. Seems lately all my contact with Him begins with, "Lord, please..." Just a few moments ago (right before reading this post of yours), I prayed for the first time in ages. I "came clean" with Him and asked for forgiveness for being so distant. The fact is I've been too weak and despondent to even ask for His help in my life lately. I have asked for and receive help in those areas before and returned to my old ways. That makes me feel sheepish (wonder if that's why He calls us "Sheep"!) in asking once again for deliverance.

Your journal strengthens me, Julie. I hope I sometimes do the same for you. Now that I'm 50 years old, I'm realizing I need to make some changes. I have come to the realization I really have to stop messing around and get my health back. I also realized just today that I have sought fulfillment outside of myself for so much of my life, and that has made me a disappointed, and somewhat jaded woman. I need to turn inward and find fulfillment within me, where the Lord dwells.

Have a truly amazing day, Julie. And I think your CD results are wonderful! Good job, woman!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #267
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl- I'm so glad to read this!! I'm glad to have helped encourage you in any way!! Yes, you've often encouraged and challenged me too!! I'm just plugging away in my life, trying to keep first things first. He has been so good to me, and like you, I often drift away and do things on my own. And when I'm not doing well, I often don't want to go to Him either. He is always there, He doesn't change or move. We wander off, but like the Prodigal Son, He'll welcome us back any time we're willing to humble ourselves and return. I am trying to learn about being content. I Tim. 6:6 says "godliness with contentment is great gain", other versions say great joy. I am practicing all of that!!

I'm at the top of my window, but we did eat out last night. All legal, but ya' never know what restaurants put in things. Probably over on calories. I didn't do a CD today. I ate lower cals though, about 1200 today so far. I'd like to see the scale down a bit tomorrow, but I'm not going to borrow trouble. Each day has enough trouble of it's own .
Old 08-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #268
Big Yapper!

I think that's the most amazing and unbelievable part of God. That He takes us back with open arms no matter how many times we fail or go back to the things that encumbered us in the past. (Not to make a mocker of Him, but if we sincerely come back to Him and ask for help.) "As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool to his folly." Well, if the shoe fits, ...

I hope tomorrow you will see a little more wiggle-room on the scale after eating such a moderate amount of calories today. If not, march on. I know you will!

Goodnight, sweetie. Time to hit the sack.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:05 AM   #269
Big Yapper!!!!

Yep! I love that Proverb-really puts it in perspective!! Gross!! Hope you slept well!!

I'm down a lb, and I'm doing just fine. I long to be back below LDW like I was before officially starting P3, but today I'm at LDW+1 and I'm happy with that. Hovering at the top or just out of the window doesn't make me happy!! What I'm discovering, and will share just to add food for fodder for you all, is:

1. calories matter!! RMR/BMR not my plan. I was eating higher cals, all LC, and kept gaining. Even slightly lower cals didn't recover. Needed a good dose of "are you really hungry, or just eating b/c you can"?.
2. CD's don't seem to stick well for me again this round. It's only been 1, but I'm remembering last round and the both the minimal loss as well as quick regain after a CD.
3. Carbs aren't as big a deal this time. This one I like . I had froyo and a nectarine yesterday, which is much higher carbs than I had all weekend while trying to wiggle down, and did much better than before.
4. Exercise will have to wait. This one hurts. I'm not really that fond of going to the gym. Shocker, I know . But I do love how I look and feel when I'm lifting weights. But, I will take a short break and then go back once this weight loss is locked in. I am not going to allow myself to regain in the name of fitness, muscle or strength. I know, intellectually, that a gain from exercise isn't fat, but it's still messing w. the scale and therefore my head. So, not gonna' do it. There's time to build muslce and strength and endurance once my body is convinced it wants to stay in the 140's forever .

K. That's Julie's insight for P3. Thanks for listening .
Old 08-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #270
Big Yapper!

Isn't insight a wonderful thing? Wonder why it's so hard to come by. I hate to admit it but I agree with #1. Calories do matter. I've rejected that notion all through Atkins but if you eat tons of mayo and butter on totally legal LC food, you aren't going to get the results you would have if you toned-it-down a bit.

I woke up at just before noon. Had a bit of a fitful night's sleep. Couldn't get comfortable. Even tried sleeping in the nude and sleeping on my belly. Gave up and put my pj's back on. Finally fell asleep and had the weirdest dream! I was living in a huge apartment that was in a building that was like a city unto itself and it was on the ocean. I got lost inside the building and couldn't find my way back to the apartment. I had no clue what number my apartment was.

There was a lot more to it and this is in no way in chronological order but at one point I realized that I had two rooms that I kept forgetting that I had. If it had its own bathroom, it could have been a separate apartment. It had a kitchen with the weirdest but brand new appliances. They were like art deco ceramic stuff. Very unattractive. And that end of the apartment had a sliding glass door that opened up to a common courtyard area that had full ocean views. All you had to do was walk down a set of stairs and you were on the beach.

I remembered going out there to look at the sunset (must have been the Pacific ocean) and instead of seeing a sunset, I saw these dark, ominous clouds billowing up over the horizon and heading directly for us. I began to run into the building and crying out to everyone to run. That must have been when I got lost. No idea.

OMG. Dreams are crazy things, aren't they? Sometimes I think they could mean something but mostly I think it's just our mind being unrational for as long as it can, so that it can function properly when we are awake. Like the brain needs "play time."

Have a fun and insightful day! I am going to do the same. And I look forward to the day when you can safely go back to your workout routine. I'm considering joining my favorite gym again. Not drinking is going to make that possible. The monthly membership dues are a lot less than the cost of beer! I would feel fine just going twice a week, to do the weights and swim, and maybe racketball. Then the rest of my exercise could be done at home.