Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 05:46 PM   #181
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Thanks Cheryl and Deb!!! I'm really enjoying this round. Today was a little tougher. I just miss eating! I like eating, food etc. But, I'm not really hungry, which is nice. I had a bunless hamburger for lunch at 5 guys burger and fries w. my familiy and friends after church. All good. Having some spicy chicken tomatoe soup right now. That'll do it for me

Down another 1.2lbs today to 151.8. I love it!! Very happy!! I'm really hoping to hit LDW from last round (148) but would LOVE to get a bit lower making stabilization easier. My long term goal is to stay in the 140's the rest of my days. So, the lower I am the easier it'll be. I'm really encouraged though. I did do a lot of metabollic resetting and refeeding for several months b/4 starting this round. I'm hopeful it'll make it easier to lose well and maybe even more than 15lbs. We'll see
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2012, 06:33 AM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: 200's/1st. Goal Wt: 199 lbs.
WOE: Low Carb My Way!
Start Date: Monday! :)
You can do it Julie, you are in the right frame of mind. Are you still exercising and if so how much? The 140's is where I would like to eventually end up so I know how you feel. Right now getting prepared mentally and spiritually for a new round so I needs to be ready.

Have a nice Monday!

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:06 AM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Congrats on your progress so far!!
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #184
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Maggie! I am really happy that I am in the right mindset to do it. I've done rounds in the past where that wasn't the case. This time around I feel good, I'm doing well, I'm content and not anxious about the scale, I'm rarely hungry and have plenty of energy. It's all good. I was planning to workout 2-3 times a week. Last week I went once . I was pretty beat afterwards, so I'm hoping to get there twice this week. I can do some light weights at home, but I don't usually . I'd like to get in a zumba class to see if I can keep up this week. We'll see. I will ramp it back up in a bit once I'm settled into P3. I had been going 2-3 times doing HIIT and heavy weights, but didn't think it wise to keep that pace up during P2.

Amy-thanks!! How's your return to P2 after intteruption going? That seems hard to do. I hope I won't be following your lead. We'll see. My inlaws come a week into P3, and that means we'll be travelling a bit and dining out more . I plan to stick to clean LC and eating to hunger. Really challenging not eating when everyone else is!!

I just cooked up about 10 P2 meals. Got a crock pot of chili going (8 servings) and made Asian chicken and cabbage (only 2 servings though, heavy on the veggies). I've got chicken broc soup going for the kids, and cooked up some GB into taco meat for them for dinner tonight! All done w/ that for a few days Love when I can just open the freezer and grab a P2 meal and go!!

I'm only down 0.2 today to 151.6, but I'm ok w. that. Really. Not even talking myself into being "ok" w. it!! . I am smaller, visibly, which is what I wanted. I really was happy at 148, loved the clothes I could wear and that my muffin top was much smaller and things looked better. I'm planning to get there and stay there. I'm pleased my metabolism seems to be humming. I'll test a bit in P4, but not gonna' push it like last time .

Have a great week!!
Old 07-16-2012, 10:35 AM   #185
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Your meal ideas sound wonderful Julie!! I need to do more up front cooking, then I won't even think about food during the week...

You are doing awesome, great frame of mind on the scale also! Go Julie!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:41 AM   #186
Big Yapper!!!!

Deb-yes!! It helps me tremendously to have meals ready to go. I do get tired of the boredom though. I do a lot w/ ground beef or chicken for some reason in P2. Easier to measure/weigh the portions I guess. So far, so good . We're doing it right!!

I'm down 0.6 which I'll take. Back to 151 even. Still 3 above last round's LDW, but I've got a good week left. VLCD12 today. Still feel good. But, I'm getting BORED! I find myself wanting to eat!! I'm not really hungry, but miss food. Sigh. Silly, I know. But it's making me realize that I definitely use food for entertainment. Sigh. And enjoyment. But, I am definitely pleased w/ this round and my metabolism seems to be working. That's a huge releif. That intentional refeed and gain seem to have worked. We'll see once I try to stabilize. That'll be the real test.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #187
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Wow, Julie! Time flies when it's someone else doing P2! You're doing great, sweetie. Happy for you! I'm doing the No S plan and I know it is no quick fix, but I know it will teach me how to keep it off and to have a normal relationship with food. I'm jazzed about it and as of tomorrow, I start daily treadmill workouts.

KUTGW! And I know you'll do great with the eating out when the in-laws arrive.

If you are getting bored, try some shrimp or something to break out of the hum-drum. I had some reduced sugar ketchup (Heinz). Can buy it at Netrition. I made my own cocktail sauce and would eat it sometimes on P2. It was a nice change of pace. I keep the shrimp in the freezer and just thaw out what I plan to eat in one meal. I find that the shrimp weigh about twice (when frozen and still have their tails on) than when defrosted and rinsed, tails removed. Just to give you an idea of how to defrost the right amount for one meal. Enjoy!

Another thing I used to do is chew sugar-free gum. They have some amazing flavors out there now.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #188
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-thanks for the shrimp idea!! I do that cocktail sauce too (WM carries the heintz NSA here). I will add that to the rotation!! Getting a bit bored. In general w. P2 I get bored . It may seem like it's flying by on the outside, but I'm counting the days until I can have cream in my coffee and eat more!! Missing it!! Glad you're doing well w. your plan. Daily treadmill workouts? That sounds wonderful!! Keep working it GF!!

I'm a bit hungrier again today. If I'm still hungry tomorrow, I may reduce my dose to 2 pellets and see if that helps. Others have said that helped them. Still seems crazy to me!!

We just got 2 batches of unhappy news. Our good friend who has stage 4 skin cancer (gave him 3 months to live 2 years ago) has taken a bad turn. Brain tumors were removed last week, and they're growing more and bleeding heavily. Pray please friends. Looks like he'll be heading home to heaven sooner rather than later. We know we've had him on "borrowed" time, but it's so hard to see the end.

Then my FIL just was diagnosed w. prostate cancer, which apparently has spread (based on blood tests). He's having a biopsy on Friday so they can know how far it's gone. He's very concerned, but I know God is in control and He has done miracles too numerous to count. Still praying a lot!!!

So, a bit heavy hearted today, but praying and trusting that God has it all in control. Certainly puts my "battle" with my weight into healthier perspective.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #189

I am so sorry to hear about your sad news... I will pray for your friend and FIL. Also, for all those who love and care for them.. as we know this is really difficult for those left behind.

I do have to say I HATE CANCER....... for all things there is a reason.. but I do hate what cancer does .....

I hope your evening goes better .. and this plan is sure dragging for me too!...
Old 07-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #190
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Cheryl-thanks for the shrimp idea!! I do that cocktail sauce too (WM carries the heintz NSA here). I will add that to the rotation!! Getting a bit bored. In general w. P2 I get bored . It may seem like it's flying by on the outside, but I'm counting the days until I can have cream in my coffee and eat more!! Missing it!! Glad you're doing well w. your plan. Daily treadmill workouts? That sounds wonderful!! Keep working it GF!!

I'm a bit hungrier again today. If I'm still hungry tomorrow, I may reduce my dose to 2 pellets and see if that helps. Others have said that helped them. Still seems crazy to me!!

We just got 2 batches of unhappy news. Our good friend who has stage 4 skin cancer (gave him 3 months to live 2 years ago) has taken a bad turn. Brain tumors were removed last week, and they're growing more and bleeding heavily. Pray please friends. Looks like he'll be heading home to heaven sooner rather than later. We know we've had him on "borrowed" time, but it's so hard to see the end.

Then my FIL just was diagnosed w. prostate cancer, which apparently has spread (based on blood tests). He's having a biopsy on Friday so they can know how far it's gone. He's very concerned, but I know God is in control and He has done miracles too numerous to count. Still praying a lot!!!

So, a bit heavy hearted today, but praying and trusting that God has it all in control. Certainly puts my "battle" with my weight into healthier perspective.

I'm so sorry, Julie. Why these things happen in clusters, I'll never know. I will pray. I love the image I posted here. It really comforts me and I hope it does the same for you, too.

Prostate Cancer is so unbelievably common. I hope they caught it early enough. And may your dear friend find comfort, peace and be free from pain in his final moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
I am so sorry to hear about your sad news... I will pray for your friend and FIL. Also, for all those who love and care for them.. as we know this is really difficult for those left behind.

I do have to say I HATE CANCER....... for all things there is a reason.. but I do hate what cancer does .....

I hope your evening goes better .. and this plan is sure dragging for me too!...
Well-said, Deb. The care-givers are often forgotten about and their sacrifices go unrecognized. Been there, done that. Know all about it.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #191
Big Yapper!!!!

THanks girls!!

I got to babysit for my friend's grandsons yesterday so his son could visit him in the ICU. Evidently he's doing well, the bleeding has stopped on it's own and his body is just working to reabsorb the remaining blood (which is what's causing the deterioration). The prognosis is still very poor, but he's much more "himself' and they're all greatly relieved. It was such a joy to go visit the boys, my girls love playing w. them and it was really a pleasure to visit w. my friend's other son. He really opened up to me and was surprisingly chatty. Just a lovely day in the middle of an awful situation. God is so good.

My FIL will know more on Friday so I'm waiting to get too concerned. Prostate cancer is supposed to be one of the most treatable. So, depending on how far it's spread, he should do well. I know it's still awful, and he's very scared, but I am thankful this is the type of cancer he has, and that it's likely been caught early enough to have a successful treatment. I'm still praying but not worrying. Trying to practice that "be anxious for nothing" verse.

I'm down 0.4lbs today. I'll take it!! 150.6. Almost back in my "window" from last round . Really feeling blessed and thankful today.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #192
Big Yapper!!!!

And Cheryl-that's so cool!! Love that picture!! We are truly in the hands of God. I sometimes forget. I get caught up in the "cares of this world" and forget that I really don't belong here. Thanks!
Old 07-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #193
Big Yapper!

We all do, Julie. This world is not our home. We are only passing through. I'm so glad to hear the good news about the bleeding. I beg to differ on it "stopping on its own", though. Let's give the glory to God.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #194
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
We all do, Julie. This world is not our home. We are only passing through. I'm so glad to hear the good news about the bleeding. I beg to differ on it "stopping on its own", though. Let's give the glory to God.
Indeed! Just meant w/o surgery! He is so good!
Old 07-19-2012, 07:54 AM   #195
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm down 1lb overnight!! and back into the 140's!! First time in months!! I still feel good and am really pleased. I'm not anxious about the scale too much. I like that my clothes fit . That was my big motivator. VLCD15 underway

I was looking back on my last round and my P3 in particular. I finished my LDW the end of Feb and was able to maintain at LDW, or even below a few times, while eating well. It looked good. I only had trouble when I ate out too much (Sweet Tomatoes always gets me!!) and then added exercise on top of it. I need to keep that in mind this time. But, I am much more confident that this P3 will go well now that I've looked back at my last one. I am glad I kept records of what and how much I ate. I'll also be paying much more attention to hunger this time around. I didn't really care much about that last time. I just ate when I felt like it. I'm trying to change my relationship to food. I'm not going totally loco, I will still celebrate a bit, but not to full blown gluttony!! A work in progress to be sure!!
Old 07-19-2012, 08:16 AM   #196

140's YAY JULIE!!!! You will do awesome on P3!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #197
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I'm down 1lb overnight!! and back into the 140's!! First time in months!! I'm trying to change my relationship to food. I'm not going totally loco, I will still celebrate a bit, but not to full blown gluttony!! A work in progress to be sure!!
Woohoooo! (And in regard to your last line, aren't we all!) I am enjoying the No S plan for that very reason. It's teaching me to live in the real world and to make it work for me. Everyday is a learning experience. In a few weeks, I'll have it all figured out. (Yeah, right!)
Old 07-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG Julie getting in the 140's!!!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
YAY 140s!!!
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:57 AM   #200
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks girlies!! And to celebrate being in the 140's? I'm stalled today!! It's ok, I think my body is just getting reaquainted w. the new decade !! As long as it agrees to stay here as the top of the range, I'm ok!!

I've been down every day this round and knew eventually it would stall. I even felt kinda' "fatter" yesterday for some reason. I hope that feeling doesn't stick around. I've got at least another week until P3 starts. We'll see. I'm happy enough just to be back in the 140's, but was hoping/dreaming of getting lower in the 140's before this round is over. We'll see.

I may have inadvertently taken a double dose last night. Usually I dose after eating dinner, but was thinking I'd move that back closer to bedtime. Dh thinks I dosed b/4 driving dd to youth group. I dont' remember doing it. So I dosed closer to bed time. I'm kinda' hungrier than usual today, but either way, it's not a big deal. I'll go back to my normal routine today and I'm sure it's fine.

Hang in there. The weekend is here, with all of it's temptations!! I wish I could lock myself in my house all weekend and avoid all the social dining pressure!! But, that's not real life, and I need to practice my self control. I'll look at it like a test. Can I stay true? Yes I can!!

VLCD16 - 149.4
Old 07-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #201
Big Yapper!

We believe in you!
Old 07-22-2012, 07:10 PM   #202
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Cheryl!

Today's VLCD 18 and I'm down to 148.2!!!!! Woohoo!!!! Back to LDW of last round. That was my goal!! I've got 3 more dosing days and 2 more VLCDS until P3. Felt like it would never get here! I'm still toying w/ extending. I'd like to get a bit lower (who wouldnt?) before I lock it in. Ideally I'd like to maintain in the 140's for the rest of my days. I'm sure I can still gain weight very easily and hope to have enough wiggle room to live and still maintain .
Old 07-22-2012, 07:15 PM   #203
Big Yapper!

Sounds like a plan, Julie! Woohoooo!!! Look at you go.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #204
Big Yapper!!!!

Down to 147.8 today! Exciting new numbers for me! I'd love to see 146 by Thursday, but that'll be a stretch. Ya never know though!

Feeling good energy wise. The lightheartedness is a bit better as I've increased my potassium. Just bored . ready to move to P3, but greedily want more. I'm not usually so undecided about things. Sigh. I don't need to decide today I guess.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #205
Big Yapper!

"Lightheartedness" or lightheadedness? You are too cute. Hope you stay light-hearted for life. You are doing so great!!!! Yippee!!! It won't be long now. Keep on truckin!
Old 07-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: leisha
Stats: 210/195/155
WOE: Weight Watchers 360
Start Date: May 2014 this round!
147.8 Julie!!!! That is amazing!!! I am so proud of you!!
leisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #207
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks leisha! It's been a pretty good round! A little bored and dizzy, but I've got plenty of energy and stamina (good workout today!).

Cheryl-lol! I meant headed, but the light hearted ness I don't mind . I am in a good season of my life. Counting my blessings and trusting God to guide and provide. He's faithful and I appreciate all He's done for me. Trying to be a good steward w/ all He's given me, including my body and health.

VLCD20 today. Stalled at 147.8. Disappointed, but not discouraged. Stalls are normal and hopefully inches are going in the meantime. I'm going to extend. Truthfully, I don't really want to . But, I want to get down to 145. I think I can do it in this next week. Whatever day I hit 145, or July 31, will be my LDW. Not a big extension, only 6 days. But, if my stall breaks and I can lose 0.4lbs a day, I'll get there . we'll see. What ever happens, happens. I don't want to get too caught up in a number. I'm definitely smaller. Everything fits well. Just hoping to get to mid 140. I think it'd be easier to maintain in the 140's if I don't finish so close to the top.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #208
Big Yapper!

We're behind you 100%, sweetie! Six more days? You can do that standing on your head! 145, here she comes!!!
Old 07-25-2012, 05:35 AM   #209

GOOD LUCK JULIE!!!!!..... you got this!!
Old 07-25-2012, 06:23 AM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

For hanging in there! You can do it! Cheering you onward!