Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2014, 10:48 AM   #1891
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Julie, even more pics..love it! She's beautiful!!
shari is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2014, 05:47 PM   #1892
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/127/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Cheryl-breathing and taking a moment to enjoy the chaos around me! It can go by too fast!

I'm up a bit more today, but am sore and did have too much froyo too late last night. It'll be ok.I'll be trying to keep it lighter today despite my family coming in town and celebrating my baby's birthday! My sweet, funny, smart, loving Sammie turns 11 today! she's such a joy!! I'm richly blessed to be her mom!!
Love the pictures ! She is a beauty & you are so right, they grow up way too fast !
pandora174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:58 PM   #1893
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Thanks girls! It's such a whirlwind week of fun celebrations!! Dd(13) has her birthday tomorrow, she's playing some amazing volleyball and went undefeated today with 10 aces in a row! Amazing day!!

She's a wonderful girl and I'm so proud of her. Tomorrow we'll be at my mom's with the cousins, then back for more volleyball. A happy day for her! Here's a recent pic from the games,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (37.4 KB, 12 views)
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:27 AM   #1894
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
What a cute picture! She looks so happy. You have such little blondies. I'm glad your week is going well.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:26 AM   #1895
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Cheryl! I'm a proud mama! Off for our championships in a bit, packing for vacation and looking forward to some rest!! For ALL of us!
Old 06-30-2014, 08:38 AM   #1896
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!

I'm up on staycation. Also without a scale, so I can't record that this week. That will be a mixed bag. Accountability is good, but I'll try the intuitive eating while relaxing on vacation. I did bring some of my favorite treats to enjoy this week, and I will . I'm pretty content at this weight range (under 155) but truthfully il have a good 30 lbs I could still lose to actually be thin. I'm not all that interested in being thin, but if I can drop 10-15lbs down and maintain there? That would be excellent! It's worth a shot. Worst case I can't stick the LDW and slowly climb back up here, which is still a nice place to be. It's worth a shot at least.

So, I'll be loading the 4-5 of July, I brought 3 syringes. Won't get a start weight, but will be able to see how day 2 vlcd starts at least.

I'm exhausted, dd(14) played some great volleyball and will enjoy a week of rest too. I'm glad we'll be doing a lot less running around!! I'm ready to relax. Dh comes up tomorrow night. It'll be nice to have a few days apart too. . He's a good guy, but like another person to please and take care of . that can be exhausting too.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:49 AM   #1897
Big Yapper!

Relax, honey! Enjoy every minute of your downtime. 30 lbs? You know that's not reasonable for you. I think 15 lbs is ideal. The closer you get to your goal, the more each and every lb makes a difference in how you look and feel. I've heard it likened to the way a roll of toilet paper spins faster the less paper it has on it. When it's full of paper, you barely have to turn it to get the amount of paper you need. YKWIM?

I still can't figure out how to order the hcg you bought. I went back to the email you sent me and clicked on one of the links and it was a forum like this one. It just confuses the crap out of me. I would give it a try if I wasn't so intimidated by just ordering the dang stuff. I wish you could order it for me. Would be so much simpler.

I have several bottles of the last order of pellets I bought but it's a different formula and does nothing to stop hunger. Hunger sucks.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:36 AM   #1898
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-I can definitely agree, hunger sucks! Did I send you Colleen's info. She gives lots of good info on trying the Rx. You can search her name online and see if that helps any. When I'm home I can email again and see if I can clarify anything for you. yes, I've heard that TP analogy before. It makes sense. More bang for your buck the smaller you go. Id like to try it for myself .

Well, I realized this morning, that in all the room switching I must have left my syringes in one of the other freezers! so, if it's been thrown away like the housekeeping is reporting, I'll be delaying my round a bit. I will be well loaded though .

Did workout this morning!gotta justify all the indulging! .
Old 07-03-2014, 10:18 AM   #1899
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
I can't believe they just threw it away, what if it was insulin or something

Have a great time, and keep up that exercise..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:23 AM   #1900
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Deb! I suspect they didn't actually find it. It was a foil pouch, and if they saw it they'd just toss it without looking inside, I'm going to call the room today and hope for a nice guest who is willing to check the freezer for me!

So, if I find my hcg, I'll dose today. If I don't, I'll have to wait until we get home tomorrow. I really hope there are enough syringes frozen for a full round without the 3 I brought along. Very annoying and I don't have a lotof time for this round. I am squeezing it in before our trip to MN for dh's brothers wedding the end of August. Btw the time delay and loss of syringes, it's not off to a good start! And I know in up,my belly shows it! I have indulged regularly up here, not sporadically, as originally planned. For some odd reason, when I know I'm doing a round shortly and know it'll be 6-9 weeks until I can indulge again, I justify any and every treat that is around!

but, I'm gonna try for a gycd today and hope I can nail it. I will feel better as I'm a bit bloated right now . Hope you're all doing well!
Old 07-06-2014, 08:18 AM   #1901
Big Yapper!!!!

I recovered my syringes from a very nice woman (called and left a message on the room I had previously been in). She called me back and I went and picked up my syringes! I dosed around 5pm yesterday, and will dose/load again today. Then on to vlcds tomorrow! I'm ready. I've eaten a LOT this week and feel fat! Sitting around in a bathing suit is great motivation for a new round!

I had mostly GY yesterday with some pistachios later as I got hungry. At least it was a low carb, high fat day?! I'm going to enjoy my last loading day and start with the vlcds tomorrow. I'll be home and can get a solid start weight. We will see how this next round goes! I'd dearly love to make it to maintain in the 140's for life. I'd also really love to see 139something, even just one time. Never been there .
Old 07-06-2014, 08:29 AM   #1902
Big Yapper!

That's great that you got the syringes back! I'll bet you're ready to head for home. Best of luck with your new round. Looking forward to hearing how it goes.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:53 AM   #1903
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-thanks! I was very relieved to get them!

Well, home and the scale said 160.3 this morning! well over 5 lbs loading! But boy! I'm still full!! I hope that icky stuffed feeling stays with me!

This round I'm hoping to keep 1 day of weights and 2 days of some type of cardio in the mix during my round. Not doing strict protocol, dropping the bread (exchanging those calories for halfnhalf in my morning coffee! ) and only doing strawberries for fruit. Hoping to find a yummy way to have beef for dinner each night, but I'm gonna need some chicken and shrimp in the mix too.

Planning only 21 vlcds while dosing, need to count my syringes! Not even sure how many I have! off to take my third dose, nursing a headache-combo detox and post vacation sun deprivation. Looking forward to this first week and the wonderful hcg losses.

Actually, just counted, I've got 26 frozen syringes in there! so, seeing as I already dosed day one, I can go 26 more vlcds, then 3 vlcds while I transition w/o the hcg, and get 30 vlcds in. That'll put me starting P4 as I head to MN for BIL's wedding. That'll be dicey!should work well though
Old 07-07-2014, 12:42 PM   #1904
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/127/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
You'll drop that in no time. It's all sodium and water weight. Good luck on your round
pandora174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:33 PM   #1905
Big Yapper!

Wow! And you were afraid you didn't have enough syringes. You're all set! That's wonderful, Julie.

It's 11:30 pm and I'm pooped. Ttyt.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:59 AM   #1906
Big Yapper!!!!

Vlcd2 toda. Did well yesterday. 500 cals on the nose! Not sure ill stick to that, I'm allowing up to 600 cals if I need them. Down to 157.3, or 156.7, depending on which reading you choose. I'm going with the higher one. down 3 of loading weight. Would love to be in regular weight soon.

Got in a fight with dh last night. He has a bad temper and overreacted to our dd(11). Yes, she was disobeying, but he did not handle it correctly and continues to defend his actions. It leaves me with less trust in him, and the girls lose respect and trust in him as well. I try to talk to him, and understandably he's defensive. His dad beat the stuff out of him growing up and his mom did nothing about it. He's not as bad as his dad, but has that same anger and self control problem and I will NOT stand idly by and let my girls think that type of behavior is acceptable. It is not. No disrespect intended, but I will not allow that in my house.

So, stressful night, stressful day, but I'm praying about it and trusting God to work in both of us and know He will. No chocolate binging, or food comfort for me! Going to stay controlled and pray! I just have this familiar, not sure what to do, feeling.

So, that said, dd(14) has PT today, then we're meeting our friends at the water park. That will be a nice day. I'm packing lunch, so it'll be ok.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:33 PM   #1907
Big Yapper!

I'm sorry, Julie. You're right to stand up and show the girls that it's not right to be mistreated by someone who loves you. It will save them years of an unhappy relationship once they're old enough to start looking for love. In the meantime, you're doing the right thing in letting the Lord work you through it. It's tough when it's a legacy of anger and abuse that you're fighting against. It runs deep and takes an intervention from above to really correct the situation.

I hope you had a great time at the water park. Stay cool, momma.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:06 PM   #1908
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Cheryl! Dh came around, thank The Lord! He apologized to dd and admitted he was wrong and that it was not appropriate anger or behavior. I'm very relieved and thankful that God is able to speak to him and I don't need to take it all on myself. Over the years we've had many issues that could have dissolved our marriage, but through a lot of prayer, and thankfully dh's willingness to hear Gods voice and change when prompted, we've been able to work through many things. With the girls I feel an added sense of responsibility to protect, instruct and set a good example for them! God is so good and I've finally reached the point in my life where I recognize that His ways are so much higher than mine and I want what He wants for my life. Being, and staying fully submitted to Him is a daily challenge!

My friend canceled on the water park but we hung out with another family at their pool instead. Whatever The Lord has planned I'm up for it!
Old 07-08-2014, 05:41 PM   #1909
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Thanks Cheryl! Dh came around, thank The Lord! He apologized to dd and admitted he was wrong and that it was not appropriate anger or behavior. I'm very relieved and thankful that God is able to speak to him and I don't need to take it all on myself. Over the years we've had many issues that could have dissolved our marriage, but through a lot of prayer, and thankfully dh's willingness to hear Gods voice and change when prompted, we've been able to work through many things. With the girls I feel an added sense of responsibility to protect, instruct and set a good example for them! God is so good and I've finally reached the point in my life where I recognize that His ways are so much higher than mine and I want what He wants for my life. Being, and staying fully submitted to Him is a daily challenge!

My friend canceled on the water park but we hung out with another family at their pool instead. Whatever The Lord has planned I'm up for it!
Old 07-09-2014, 06:44 AM   #1910
Big Yapper!!!!

Vlcd3 today. Down to 155.4, but up an hour earlier. Was really hoping to break into the 140's by Monday, as we all know how slow weeks 2 & 3 go! We'll see how this round goes! I dearly hope to make it and stick to the 140's this time a round , but do have unmixed hcg in the fridge if I choose to do yet another round! the losing and achieving what we previously thought unattainable is very tempting with hcg, but the reality of sticking the final LDW numbers is so challenging! Few, if any, actually nail the maintenance of this plan. I'm working on that part much more diligently these days!
Old 07-09-2014, 07:54 AM   #1911
Big Yapper!

All you can do is try and then see how it goes. You're determined so I guess anything is possible!
Old 07-10-2014, 12:16 PM   #1912
Big Yapper!!!!

I had the slightly delusional idea that I would drop my loading weight in 2 days. Not happening. Trying not to get frustrated and quit! I have way too high expectations!

VLCD4, and I'm down to 153.9, I think. My scale jumps all over the place! Down 1.5 from yesterday. Would really like to lose 4 more by Monday which should be possible in week 1. I am keeping things pretty LC, only a few strawberries here and there, staying right at 500 cals, adding in more salad greens than I'd done before (helps fill me up) and practicing patience! I usually eat around 600/700 cals a day on previous rounds and wonder if I'd do better up there? Hmmm. Too soon to fiddle around. Wait until the still comes for that .

Did some weight lifting while dd did her PT. feels good, not losing any strength yet and hope it'll help me maintain my muscles while hopefully stripping away a lot of fat .

Have a great day ladies!!
Old 07-11-2014, 08:22 AM   #1913
Big Yapper!!!!

So, vlcd5 today, and I STS!!?!? I'm not happy, but not much I can do about that. 153.9, again, not even back to my previous round weight or the lowest I hit in P3/4. gonna keep plugging away.
I'm reevaluating the weight lifting. I'm wondering if the stall is from that? I've been doing it for many weeks now and haven't increased the weight or anything. It shouldn't be a problem to keep going with what you were doing before the round?! I've felt like my losses haven't been very good already in this round. I'm gonna think about it more today and see how the weekend goes. Maybe my body isn't ready to lose more weight yet? I don't want to spend 3 long weeks fighting for 3-4 lbs. there are far easier ways to lose a few lbs. hmmm. Maybe it's just grumbling from a stall after 4 days?! But really!! The first week is the best week! We all know that. My chances of dropping any real lbs in weeks 2&3 are pretty slim. To stall so early really stinks! ok, vent over. Feeling better and will forge ahead! I'm not hungry, so that's good. I feel good overall. Also good . Looking for the positives .
Old 07-11-2014, 08:23 AM   #1914
Big Yapper!!!!

My 11th Atkinsversary

So it occurred to me that my anniversary is here. I read the DANDR book 11 years ago and it changed my life. I found a few old pics and was able to make a before and after pic to inspire and motivate me!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (48.5 KB, 12 views)
Old 07-11-2014, 08:24 AM   #1915
Big Yapper!!!!

One more...I guess it IS my journal, so I can litter it with photos .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (43.5 KB, 15 views)
Old 07-11-2014, 09:31 AM   #1916
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
<de-lurking>

CONGRATULATIONS, julie!! you look fabulous!

can i make an observation about your round? i know i don't say much, but do follow your journey from time to time. didn't you have better luck with your last round with higher calls? i thought you were doing 600-800 cals. i would think with continuing exercise, your body may want to hang on to weight. would it hurt anything to try higher cals?

just an outsider looking in and thought i'd mention it….

congrats again on your anniversary!
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:40 AM   #1917
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Carrie! I'm certainly open to higher cals. I'll give that a shot today! Thanks! Always love when you pop in .
Old 07-11-2014, 08:59 PM   #1918
Big Yapper!

Wow!! Love those before and after's. I agree with miss Carrie. ( !!! Nice to see you, dazy.) You have been on some crazy-@$$ weight loss ride, honey! Look how far you've come! Amazing. That's all I can say.

Try the higher cals. Feed that body so it knows it's okay to let loose of a few more of those fat cell cartridges. Sleep tight, Julie. I'm pooped. Posted on the horse thread but now I must pass out. Midnight here.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:01 AM   #1919
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks girls!! It's good to keep it all in perspective!! I forget where i used to be. we found some old video footage of when dd(14) was a baby, and i was shocked at how big I was. And this was before I had dd(11) and got even bigger!

i need to remember that Ive come a long way and not bet too frustrated. My round is not going well. Warning-Vent ahead!

Well, vlcd6 for me and I STS again!! 153.9. Really? 2 days in a row in my first week!! That's new, and not good. I've eaten very similarly to previous rounds, exercised as I have been doing, kept my calories to 500ish until yesterday which was 650 to mix it up a bit. Not sure what is going on? I have done enough rounds to know that if I don't lose much in my first week, I won't lose much the next 2 weeks. Truthfully, I could have low carbed my way back to this weight easily this previous week and enjoyed a lot more food! no where near TOM, not hungry so I think my hcg is working fine.

This is around where I stabilized at the end of my last round all through P3/4. Maybe I really made a new set point here? Maybe my body doesn't want to go much lower? I've been really strong and sacrificial this week. Went to a bday party last night with amazing food and had 2 shrimp, nothing else. Amazingly delicious goodies all over the place. And I drank water!!! I deserved a trophy for that!! Or at least a little scale drop. I'm pretty committed and strong, but come on already!!

We're doing dd(11)'s birthday party today, then taking her out to dinner. Lots of pizza, cupcakes and stuff around all day . I'd be stronger with some scale reward under my belt.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:41 AM   #1920
Big Yapper!

You know what they say and I almost cringe as I'm saying it, but "virtue is its own reward." It's a saying that's old and still around because it's true. Think of how great you felt when you ate only a couple shrimp and drank water amidst all that temptation. GOOD, right? In control, above it all.

Be that woman again today.