CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2014, 08:38 PM   #1832
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Yep, GF is gluten free. Dh and dd(10) are both GF. For many years of LCing he'd enjoy pizza while I had salads. The irony is not lost on me .

Ate a LOT again today!! I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow when we're not eating out and running around. I will likely need a CD but will just eat clean tomorrow and hope I am back down some. I miss that light feeling and plan to get back to it posthaste.
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:36 AM   #1833
Big Yapper!!!!

Yup. way out of window!! That margarita and chips with guacamole and cheese queso, plus street tacos and a little shrimp tostada, after a big lunch out with my girlfriends was too much for me!!! I'll reign it back in. I'm actually looking forward to doing so!!
Old 05-31-2014, 07:18 AM   #1834
Big Yapper!!!!

Weight down, to 155, so that's a relief! Still a half pound out of window but think that'll come down if I don't blow it today! I didn't CD yesterday, just ate at home, and lightly to hunger, and tried for lower carb options. Probably face more temptations today, but plan to be strong so I'm safely in my window again. I don't usually do a real P4 as I'm always heading into vacation after a round. This time, I'm not, and I'm really committed to making it work.

Temp up to 98.1 this morning!! Woohoo! That's a great sign...I feel like my metabolism is doing great and the Rx hcg may have actually helped it out. With all the research I did on my metabolism, and how to recharge it, all the eating I did and watching the scale climb in the name of "healing"... I think it may have been worth it. Crazy!! I feel somewhat normal, like my body wont gain 5 lbs if i have one cupcake. I havent been like that in at least 15 years, before i started Atkins. Whatever the case, I feel healthy and strong, like my weight is in a good place and I look ok, am fitting into all my smaller clothing and am quite happy with all of this. Truly remarkable!

Next week I plan to intensify my workouts, at least 3 solid hours at the gym. I'd like to work back up to 4 or push a fifth day eventually, but with volleyball festival, watching my friends baby, week long staycation, and another Hcg round a month away, it won't last. So, I'll just do what I can as that's better than nothing!
Old 05-31-2014, 08:00 AM   #1835
Big Yapper!!!!

Before and after this round...

I made a before and after for this round...the before is from thanksgiving and I gained about 10-15 lbs from that point before starting! Gah! I couldn't find a better before shot, but I can see the difference 20-25 lbs makes on me!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (42.1 KB, 40 views)
Old 05-31-2014, 01:58 PM   #1836
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
HUGE difference! Amazing, Julie. So thankful and happy for you that things are leveling off and you feel your body is in the right place metabolically. What a relief! Enjoy your day and walk tall.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:59 PM   #1837
Big Yapper!

BTW, how did you make two pics into one? I never learned how to do that (ykwim, I hope. Where you click one photo and they both come up together as if they are one.)
Old 06-01-2014, 07:49 AM   #1838
Big Yapper!!!!

I have an app on my iPad called pic stitch. It'll put several pics together.

Thanks! I like looking back to hold me accountable!

Some metabolism musings... I'm not 100% sure it's the hcg alone that's helping me stabilize. I've done other rounds with the homeopathic and it was really just the opposite and rough stabilizing. I figured out over a year ago that my metabolism was too slow and started researching ways to fix it. I've read and followed a lot of Matt Stone's controversial advice...which is basically the antithesis of a diet. I regained and gained new weight while doing so, but also think it did work in healing my metabolism to a decent level. I also was working out consistently while eating generously. That all combined with this last Rx round seems to have worked out well for me. If nothing else, the low calories on P2 did NOT harm my metabolism which is pretty great in and of itself. I was worried about that and the low cal days "undoing" all my hard metabolism healing work. But, thankfully, all throughout my round and during P3/4 I have kept my body temps around 97-98 consistently. Which, for me, is a minor miracle!

So, my light eating yesterday turned into some leftover white pizza for lunch (only 1 slice, but it was huge!), some of dd's popcorn at the movies (Maleficent was really good!), then dh wanted Mexican at dinner so I got a crane asada salad, but enjoyed some chips and salsa while I waited . Oh well. Today's a new day. Somehow I managed to be down another half lb despite all that...so I'm right at the tip of my range today! I'll take it!
Old 06-01-2014, 08:48 AM   #1839
Big Yapper!

Very cool. Enjoy your Sunday, Julie.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:38 AM   #1840
Big Yapper!!!!

Quick check in. Heading to the gym back to combat class today, then the water park. I'm eating light since I overdid it last night at Texas Roadhouse. Those rolls!

And...we got a new kitten yesterday!! He's the cutest little thing. Only 4.5 weeks old, his momma died so they had to wean them early. He's already eating wet food and using the litter pan. My dogs aren't quite sure about him yet, but the rest of us are in love! still thinking of the right name.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (28.2 KB, 19 views)
Old 06-02-2014, 09:04 AM   #1841
Big Yapper!

Aww! He's got that, "Where's my momma" look in his eyes. So glad you took him in. You're daughter looks smitten. "Smitten?" No, that's not a good name.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:08 AM   #1842
Big Yapper!!!!

We're all pretty crazy for him. He's such a cute little guy, smart and already eating and drinking and using the litter box like a big cat. Such a sweet little snugly boy. I've been calling him sweetums, but the girls can't agree on a name. Hercules, tiger, simba, Titan....we're still trying to find a good fit.

I'm down a bit, just a sliver out of my window today, but that's fine. I'm very happy with that. We'll be home all day today-which is good! I need to grocery shop and get the house together, actually cook a meal, etc. we've been having a lot of fun but not home much, which accumulates into a slightly out of control feeling after a while . Heading back to the water park Thursday with other friends. It's a fun day, and here in AZ when it's 108 and you don't own a pool, $30 season passes save the day! It's just a long day out when we go. I pack lunches and really like the kids being outside and active (hard to do here in the summer!). But we're all wiped out when we get home. I need to be better prepared and do a crock pot meal those days.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:30 AM   #1843
Big Yapper!

I wish you had a pool. I thought almost everyone out there did. Seems when you are in a plane and flying over hot places (coming in for a landing or taking off), you see so many pools in back yards. Have a great time at the water park and enjoy your crock pot meal.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:13 AM   #1844
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/127/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Hi Julie ! That kitten is adorable. I so miss the kitten phase. Glad you're doing well. I myself am doing fine but need to get back into exercise again. Been pretty lapse since I got back from vacation. Though I have noticed it hasn't affected the scale one bit but my energy level is pretty low.
pandora174 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:51 PM   #1845
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-it does seem like at least half of us Azns have pools. I'd like to be the haves, but we don't want to spend that much money on it. Plan to move to a house with one some day. Tomorrows a waterpark and crockpot chicken tortilla soup day . Love those!

Pandora-thanks. He's such a sweet little guy! So smart-already eating canned food and using the litterbox consistently-no accidents yet! He's barely 5 weeks old now. Poor little guy, should still be with their mommy. Still unnamed too! Is that your kitty in your signature? Cute!

I'm up a bit today, again, but French toast for breakfast and popcorn at the late movies is not a recipe for getting closer to window! But, today, I'm doing a clean LC day and did my Zumba class . Finally I'm able to pull off a clean LC day (well, it's not over yet, but I plan to!).

Saw a nice furniture set on CL last night. No one has bought it yet, which is surprising. it's lovely. And very reasonable. We're borrowing a friends truck to go see and possibly buy it tonight.

Waterpark with our friends tomorrow, making chicken tortilla soup while I'm out (my crockpot) and going to a meeting tomorrow night with my friend. A dr is speaking about health issues, antioxidants, supplements, etc.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:06 PM   #1846
Big Yapper!

I hope you get the furniture if it's as nice as it appears online! Exciting, Julie. Enjoy the water park and your chicken tortilla soup. Enjoy the meeting about health issues too! Busy lady.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:35 PM   #1847
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Cute kitty!
Hope you can get your new furniture too... & that kitty doesn't 'fix it up' for you
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:36 AM   #1848
Big Yapper!!!!

Got the new furniture!! It's so nice!! Exactly what dh and I looked at at the furniture store months ago, for well over $2000! . This set, which looks brand new, was $450, with the oversized ottoman! What a blessing from The Lord!! Still in shock I think. Just so thankful!

Scale at 155 again today, LC isn't doing much for me these days. Off to the waterpark soon. Gonna throw my chicken in the crockpot, pack up our cooler and head out.

Feeling good, even with TOM being mean today . Counting my blessings and being thankful!
Old 06-05-2014, 01:04 PM   #1849
Big Yapper!

That's WONDERFUL!!!! Look at what patience wrought you! I don't believe in buying retail anymore. Too many people already have, then found out they bit off more than they could chew, or they had to suddenly move, etc.

You're doing great, Julie. Enjoy the water park and your lovely soup when you get back home. If you walk the line today, tomorrow the scale will reward your efforts.

How about Felix for the cat's name?
Old 06-06-2014, 07:03 AM   #1850
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
That's WONDERFUL!!!! Look at what patience wrought you! I don't believe in buying retail anymore. Too many people already have, then found out they bit off more than they could chew, or they had to suddenly move, etc.

You're doing great, Julie. Enjoy the water park and your lovely soup when you get back home. If you walk the line today, tomorrow the scale will reward your efforts.

How about Felix for the cat's name?
The girls are leaning toward a Hawaiian theme. Kai and Koda are leading the pack, I'm liking Kai. He's such a cute little playful furball. We're all loving him!!

Love GY, down to 153 again this morning. Good to be back closer to LDW (+0.6). Feeling good and mostly done P4 at this point. Plan to stay here through July 5. It's nice to be happy with my weight, maintaining with relative ease, feeling good, solid temps in the 97's each morning, working out pretty consistently, and generally content.

For so many years I have struggled, and struggled. Taking time to research my metabolism and doing the refeeds, salt, lowering my water consumption, etc., reading, researching, changing my thyroid meds, tracking my temps, working out, with all the weight gain it brought, and doubts, losing time from the car accident, then finally trying the Rx with all it's gravity, and finding good success, to finally be here? Hard to wrap my head around it. It has taken a lot of time, patience, work, stress as the scale climbed, and fear that it would never go back down. Trying all different kinds of weight loss plans, and seeing nothing else work. I'm truly grateful to be content and healthy at this point!

So, that said, I'm going to enjoy this time. I'm not quite where I'd like to be weight wise, and think it's actually possible to lose about 10-15lbs more with another round and be able to maintain that. I am likely loading July 4 and 5, and plan 21-24 vlcds starting the 6th. Wrap up the weight loss phase by July 27, start P3 last day of July, and hopefully be nice and stable and well into P4 by the end of Aug. for our trip to MN for dh's brothers wedding. If that round goes as well as this last one, and especially the stabilization phase, I will be thrilled.

I'm recording my thoughts, reflections and plans since this is my journal, after all. I've looked back at my attempts the past few years, my successes and failures, my progress and set backs. It's all part of the journey. We each have our challenges and strengths and what I love about LCFs is that we understand and support one another in our pursuits of better health and fitness (including but not limited to weight loss)!
Old 06-06-2014, 08:48 PM   #1851
Big Yapper!

We are all thrilled for your success and want you to feel much more of it. I know how hard and for how long you have worked at this and your diligence is paying off. God bless you each and every day as you remain faithful to the plan.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:16 AM   #1852
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-thanks! I wouldn't say I'm being faithful to any plan right now, but I am looking for a way to stay healthy and slimmer while enjoying my life. Aren't we all? . But progress is good .

Up today, 155.6! but, movie popcorn plus gelato is a lot in one night! clean LC today. it's all good. Not freaking out...but also don't want he scale to keep climbing. I need to stop being lazy and entitled, and actually put a little effort into it. I've gotten very lazy.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:41 PM   #1853
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/127/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Hi Julie !! Glad you are doing well..I am going to do a vanity round myself. It's been knocking around my head for the last few months and today I had a just do it type of day. Tired of feeling guilty or making excuses so taking the plunge as to why it's a bad idea. Yes it's vain of me...No I don't need to lose more weight..No I don't need to re-lose..Yes I feel good right now "but" I just want to see if I can do it and why not try ? This is 100 % for me..So ordered my drops since I preferred them to the pellets and will load Father's Day weekend for a short round and hope to get to my secret guilty goal weight of 120-122 which is about a 10 lb from my current 130-132..Hoping I can stick it in maintenance or at least give it all I can. Hoping since it's been so long it won't be so hard to maintain the low weight but if I can re-set my set point to the low-mid 120's I'll have accomplished my main goal.

Wish me luck and I guess I'll be entering P3 when you start your next round. See you on the hcg boards..I'll post once I am done loading and on vlcd 1. How did you load ? I don't want to make the same mistake I did before and have a free for all and binge and then spend the first 2 weeks re losing load weight but then I don't want to feel deprived either?!?! What to do... I was thinking Saturday just have lots of good fats like GY, fatty cuts of meat and a Quest bar or some icecream. Sunday we're going to a really nice Father's Day brunch and they will have some amazing items there..I'm just nervous and kind of excited as well..hard to explain

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html

Last edited by pandora174; 06-08-2014 at 06:43 PM..
pandora174 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:56 AM   #1854
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
Hi Julie !! Glad you are doing well..I am going to do a vanity round myself. It's been knocking around my head for the last few months and today I had a just do it type of day. Tired of feeling guilty or making excuses so taking the plunge as to why it's a bad idea. Yes it's vain of me...No I don't need to lose more weight..No I don't need to re-lose..Yes I feel good right now "but" I just want to see if I can do it and why not try ? This is 100 % for me..So ordered my drops since I preferred them to the pellets and will load Father's Day weekend for a short round and hope to get to my secret guilty goal weight of 120-122 which is about a 10 lb from my current 130-132..Hoping I can stick it in maintenance or at least give it all I can. Hoping since it's been so long it won't be so hard to maintain the low weight but if I can re-set my set point to the low-mid 120's I'll have accomplished my main goal.

Wish me luck and I guess I'll be entering P3 when you start your next round. See you on the hcg boards..I'll post once I am done loading and on vlcd 1. How did you load ? I don't want to make the same mistake I did before and have a free for all and binge and then spend the first 2 weeks re losing load weight but then I don't want to feel deprived either?!?! What to do... I was thinking Saturday just have lots of good fats like GY, fatty cuts of meat and a Quest bar or some icecream. Sunday we're going to a really nice Father's Day brunch and they will have some amazing items there..I'm just nervous and kind of excited as well..hard to explain
Wow. Really? I didn't see it coming, but completely understand. It's like the elusive carrot...but actually attainable. Working to maintain that number will be a challenge for a different day! I know you'll be successful, and honestly, absolute worst case scenario, if it doesn't stick, you have a very sold set point where you are and maybe maintaining in the 120's without 5:2 would be an amazing outcome too. I wish you much luck!! It'd be more fun to be in P2 together, and I'm tempted to jump back in with you, but with vacation and family birthdays, family in town visiting, and my anniversary coming, it'd be impossible. Good luck my friend!!

I'm doing fine. 155.2 this morning. Kept it lower carb yesterday, but definitely not low calorie! down a bit. My longer term goal for this extended P4 is to stay under 155. Pretty reasonable. So far, most of the time I'm not intentionally overdoing it, I've been pretty stable around 153-154. I could do a gycd today, and would actually like to, but I don't have enough GY on hand. It hasn't been on sale lately . But, I think if I continue to eat to hunger, and aim for lower carb options, I will whittle a bit more back down. Busy day today, running my mom to the dr, dd to P/T, then I get my hair cut!! Yay for that part!! It's been a while . Not anything drastic, but these damaged ends need a trim and my layers need work!

Hope you're all starting off the week well!
Old 06-09-2014, 07:33 PM   #1855
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Julie
Sounds like you're doing really well. So happy for you. Enjoy your hair-pampering...
I enjoy GY days too... but lately I just do till dinner & then have my normal veggies, protein & home-made dressing. Works great for me. Love the simplicity of the GY for work
Have a good one!
Old 06-10-2014, 07:40 AM   #1856
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hi Julie
Sounds like you're doing really well. So happy for you. Enjoy your hair-pampering...
I enjoy GY days too... but lately I just do till dinner & then have my normal veggies, protein & home-made dressing. Works great for me. Love the simplicity of the GY for work
Have a good one!
Thanks for checking in. Yes. I've done that too. It's a nice light day and I feel good eating GY. It's so delicious I feel like it's an indulgence, which is why I love gycds so much, the weight control is a nice bonus . You're doing well, and love the avi pic of Molly. She's grown so much!

I'm wondering if LC isn't such a good option for me these days. I have kept it pretty LC the past few days, with a few cocoa dusted almonds thrown in (they're really low net carb) and the scale hasn't really budged. Calories around 1500-1700. Sigh. I'm going to do a real gycd today, which is fine. I wish I'd have done it yesterday instead of waiting. It seems my body is happy at 155, which isn't where I'd like it to be . Hopefully I'll get my 2 lb drop from my gycd and keep it light tomorrow so I can stay there. The day after the cd is more important than the day of the cd for me lately. I can quite happily live on gy forever....but I know I can't really . .
Old 06-11-2014, 06:58 AM   #1857
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm doing well. Should take Zumba today, but my neck really hurts this morning. I'm sadly realizing that it'll likely always be a problem . But, hopefully if I go ahead and work out it'll loosen up and feel better. My gycd did it's thing, down 2 lbs to 153. All good. I need to keep it lighter and lower carb today to stick it. I'm not historically successful with that . But I want to stay controlled today!! Planning and executing are 2 different things . Gonna try though!
Old 06-11-2014, 10:17 AM   #1858
Big Yapper!

Sorry your neck is a continual problem. I hope working out carefully helps it.

What brand of GY do you buy? Is it plain or flavored? Full fat or low fat? I'd like to know cause it works so great for you and you said it's so delicious. Maybe all you need is to follow a GY diet to get down to your desired weight.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:47 PM   #1859
Big Yapper!!!!

I like Voskos the best. Full fat, blue container. I buy it at Sprouts but it's available at Whole Foods and AJs. It's plain, but I add Splenda and fresh berries to mine. I could totally live on it, but have never done 2 GY days in a row...wonder what that would do for me? Not sure it would be enough protein for too long...hmmm. It really is so much yummier than other yogurts that I've tried. The only other one that comes close is trader joes brand.

Trying to stay controlled...coming in around 1600cals, 60g net carbs. Not too shabby. Did have GY for breakfast, so that artificially inflates the carbs. Hope to stick my cd loss. Did Zumba, which was fun but my head really hurt half way through . Btw that and my neck, it wasn't my best class. But , I did it!

Hanging out with Cody, out kitty, he's napping by my side, which I love.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:16 PM   #1860
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's so great that you can eat 1600 calories & maintain!

Sweet! Love the kitty napping next to you.