Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2014, 10:31 AM   #1771
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
God bless
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2014, 01:44 PM   #1772
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Wait for the MRI. In the meantime, REST in Him. Look at all the worrying I did over how I was going to live after quitting my job, and in less than a week I had found something better that paid more. Stay open for miracles cause they do happen.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:59 AM   #1773
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Thanks! We are waiting and hoping, but I think deep inside both Kelley and I know it's a slip again. She just seems to know. I guess it's a unique pain? She's handling the idea of surgery very well. I am s proud of her.

Well, my weight, is up, again!! A slow and steady climb all week!! I'm up to 153.7 this morning, and I'm eating really well! Not even that high in calories (1300 yesterday). I'd understand if it were not a clean P3 menu, but it is! I'm 1.3 above LDW going into Mother's Day weekend!! I'm not sure what to do to build in some extra wiggle room? I don't want to do a CD.

I haven't had much red meat this P3-even though that's how I lost so well in p2. I seem to do well with beef! I'm gonna add more red meat in today, have less coffee/hnh and see how I do. I may even, gulp, skip my quest bar! I know the refilling process happens, but I was really hoping to stabilize on the low end the first week as I know I'll be eating out all weekend. I'm not a big fan of CDs but I have learned that if I don't relose a new gain immediately it sticks and then it never budges. I'll play it by ear.

Anyway, we're supposed to do something fun after dd(10)'s volleyball game on Saturday and then out to dinner to celebrate Mother's Day (just the 4 of us)...then dinner at my mom's on Sunday after church (we'll pick up paradise bakery) for everyone-my bro and his family too I think. Should be a fun, dangerous weekend! Temptation is everywhere! But that is part of life and being able to handle it and stay focused is important!

Hope you're all doing well!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:58 PM   #1774
Big Yapper!

Old 05-09-2014, 09:38 AM   #1775
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks for the support, and encouragement! You guys rock! TOM arrived yesterday unexpectedly early. I don't usually gain or retain from him, which I know is a blessing, but this time I kind of hope there's a bit of that . In any event, I'm down a bit on my old scale to 152.8. Dh had my new scale hostage I the bathroom, so I'll go with this for today. Will try to keep it clean and light, and add some beef in again. My body just seems to do better with beef!
Old 05-09-2014, 11:10 AM   #1776
Big Yapper!

Yeah, man. Where's the beef? BBQ you some nice steak and do it up with whatever fatty stuff you enjoy. I know some people put butter on steak but I've yet to try that one. I just like mine with salt, pepper, garlic and maybe if I'm really in the mood to get crazy, sauteed onions and mushrooms (gotta put garlic into that saute with the butter too.)

Hurry! Go get you some.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:59 AM   #1777
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-butter on steak is yummy!! Really! Butter makes everything better . I had a lovely ribeye on Saturday night, but was up the next day from it!

I'm up again today, a combination of poor planning and limited options...but suffice it to say, I am doing a true GYCD today. It's been ages since I did one and I am honestly looking forward to it. I'm a bit backed up and hope it'll help clean things out, if you know what I mean.

I don't know what is different this P3? I'm actually being more careful and clean with my eating than in the past. I could tell last week with the daily gains that it wasn't going well. Maybe the PI has something to do with it? Maybe I was on P2 too long and my body is freaking out a bit? Whatever the case, I hope this cd will reset something and get my body back on track. I need to add my gym workouts back in, but truthfully know that'll mess up the scale even worse! Sigh.
But, I looked good in my size 6 jeans and ny&co jeans that couldn't fit before...I want to hold on to this!!

Dd's MRI with contrast is scheduled for Thursday. I'm not crazy about the cost ($850!!!) or the contrast, so I'll probably call and see if we have to do it with contrast....I'd prefer less invasive testing, and would be a little cheaper too. Poor dd, she's been so strong and brave through all of this medical mess the last year, she's worked really hard to come back and play volleyball competitively again, only to have to face it all again? she's an amazing young lady.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:30 AM   #1778
Big Yapper!

I'm sorry about your dd's mri situation. I hope she won't need contrast. I guess if you just tell them that you are concerned about it, you can say you don't want contrast. Ask them if it makes it easier to see the problem. Might be worth the chance and extra cost. Would be a shame to have the test done and not find the problem.

I'm also sorry to hear how difficult it is to stabilize this round. That's so surprising, the way your body was just letting go of the lbs that last week or so. May your GYCD work it's magic.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:24 AM   #1779
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks. I'm sure it'll straighten out. I guess I was losing so quickly my body isn't sure where to stay? I'm trying not to uses stress as an excuse to blow off the stabilizing work, but truthfully if I'm eating the right things and my body won't stick in the 152 range, I'll eventually need to accept it. I have another round planned for later this summer, so hopefully this weight won't be my final one.

I got the MRI moved to tomorrow. I don't want to put it off if she needs the surgery. The sooner we get the MRI and diagnosis, the sooner she'll be through the operation, healing and well again. I think it was 12 weeks until she was allowed to run again, so timing is rough. Tryouts for school volleyball are August 3. I'd hate for her to miss another school season by a week or 2! Just wasting time waiting for the dr and insurance and radiation places to communicate annoyed me!

Sorry, just need a place to vent. I'm upset, but try not to show it to dd. she feels bad enough. I don't want the expense of all of this to add insult to injury.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:36 AM   #1780
Big Yapper!!!!

My gycd worked! I'm back down to 153.2 or 152.6, depending on which scale you choose to believe. There was a time when they read the same, now they seem to be about a half a lb different. I don't really trust the new one, I think it has a memory that skews the actual number. it seems to not want to adjust correctly. either way, I'm down at least 3 lbs and need to keep it clean and light today to make it stick!

I've got a chiro/massage appt today and dd(13) has her MRI on her left hip this afternoon. We should find out soon if this hip has slipped also, which will require surgery . Or, maybe it's nothing! Could just be a groin pull or hip flexor strain...I have been praying and hoping. Whatever the outcome, I trust God is in control.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:56 AM   #1781
Big Yapper!

That's great news. Too bad you couldn't just live on greek yogurt. Best of luck today with the other things you've got planned. A massage and a correction sounds great to me. I wish I could afford that kind of stuff. Hope all is well with the MRI.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:09 PM   #1782
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Praying for your dd!
Old 05-14-2014, 07:17 AM   #1783
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-I do love my GY!! I would get sick of it though, so it's best I not OD on it . How're things on your diet options ? Are you still considering hcg again? It's hard to tackle, but with my birthday on the horizon I am reminded of how quickly time flies! I will be 45 soon and need to get this weight situation under control. It's been too many years of effort to give up now.

Debby-thanks!

Doing well. Good day yesterday, ate to hunger, focused on fat and not over eating. down a bit more, closer to LDW, at 152.8 on the temperamental new scale . I'll take it. Hard to resist frozen yogurt, but I did it. Going to try for Zumba this morning, I've been so lazy lately!! I want to get back in shape but am afraid (with good historical evidence to support this fear) that the scale will climb while I resume my workouts. I need to find the balance, especially getting back to it, where I can work out, build and maintain muscle without overdoing it. Going to try . I could also use the endorphin/stress relief!

Dd(10) won her sand volleyball tournament last night so proud of her! Dd(13) had her MRI yesterday, and she did well with it. So proud of her too, her third MRI! I've never even had one! We should hear something by tomorrow.

Happy hump day ladies!!
Old 05-14-2014, 09:50 AM   #1784
Big Yapper!

Congrats to DD (10) ! Hope the MRI results are good. WTG on sticking the CD loss and adding a little bit more to it. That must feel good. "No comment" on diet plans. Still trying to figure stuff out. I am a work in progress. I don't get any relief from hunger on those hhcg pellets I have an abundance of and I refuse to live with hunger. Not thrilled about the idea of sticking myself with needles, either.

Hope you enjoyed Zumba!
Old 05-15-2014, 07:38 AM   #1785
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-I totally get that. The pellets don't help much . There is no sense to trying some plan unless you're really committed to it. Just a waste of effort, time, sacrifice and usually money too! Ride out the transition to your new life and the see what strikes you. With sum coming maybe just cutting calories a bit and enjoying more fresh fruit and veggies? You'll get it. Just work on staying stable where you are, that's hard enough!

No news on dd's MRI. I can live with that, still hoping all is well and it's just a strain. Took her for a pedicure yesterday so she feels a bit better facing the report. These teen years are tough for everyone, but I must admit it's pretty good so far. We have our moments, but overall she's not a moody brooding kind of girl and isn't bombarded with mean girls and social pressure every day. That's a huge blessing. Both my girls are encouraged to be themselves and serve others, not conform to the popular kids and only think about themselves. That does tend to make them very different from their peers! With all she's faced this past year or so, I am so proud of her. That's a lot of pain, frustration, fear and disappointment for anyone to bear, let alone a 13 y.o. Girl on top of just dealing with puberty!

Weight up a smidge today to 153.4. No biggie, may be the Mac nuts I added yesterday. I'll drop them today and see how I do. Couljd be from zumba, but I'm not sore. Going to make chicken tortilla soup today, and that'll be a bit higher carb for me, so I'll reduce my fats a bit and hope for the best. No exercise today either.

Week 2 of stabilizing going fine. Glad there aren't any big celebrations coming! My bday is Memorial Day this year, so that whole weekend will be rough on the scale. I will be in P4 at that point, but will still tread lightly. I know I will eat pizza and some sweets that Monday. Would love to have that intuitive eating thing nailed by then .
Old 05-15-2014, 10:50 AM   #1786
Big Yapper!

Is it week 2 already? Wow! Time flies. So you're really doing well, even considering the first few days of going up, up, up. You brought it right back down and you are where you should be.

It's wonderful that your girls have been homeschooled. In this day and age, a priceless gift for any parent to give their children. I hope they know that. If they don't know it now, someday they will.

May 26th is your Birthday? Party time! We got married on Memorial Day weekend (the 25th.) It was nice for the out-of-state guests cause they had that extra day to spend in Vegas or the extra time to drive back or fly back home.

I'd call for the MRI results. They may have just gotten behind in their workload. I wouldn't be able to stand all that waiting. Call and get your answer. Did she have the contrast or not? I know you wanted it done without contrast.

I'm taking steps toward control in my diet this past week. Slowly the steps will begin taking me in the direction I want to go and it won't seem like such a drastic change and I won't feel sudden deprivation. Eating more veggies is definitely part of the plan. I'll be choosy about what fruits I eat and at least try to limit how often I eat them.

Have a great day, Jules!
Old 05-16-2014, 07:58 AM   #1787
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-glad to hear you're doing well. It takes time to decide how best to proceed. You're heading the right direction . We did not have the contrast done. The scheduling and requests got a bit messed up with insurance, and it worked out to have just the regular MRI done. I really don't see the need for the contrast, and preferred not to put dd through that. Plus, it was twice the cost!

I'm settling in at 153.9 this morning. So this may be where my body wants to stabilize. I'd be ok with that. Ldw+1.5, kind of close to the top of my range though. a little scary, but if I can be nice and stable here, i may adjust my window. Took a nice walk with my neighbor yesterday.

Still waiting for dd's MRI results. I did confirm the report was delivered to the surgeon by 5:00 yesterday, so now we wait. Sigh. It's Friday, dd has a quincenera tomorrow for a friend, I hope she won't need surgery the same day!! Usually once a slip is diagnosed (IF that's what she has) the surgery is an emergency. It's really odd-you're fine, in some pain but playing volleyball and running around one minute, then once you know, you need crutches and rest until they can operate. sigh. Still hoping it's just a muscle pull. We will see. Whatever the outcome, I trust God is in control.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:04 AM   #1788
Big Yapper!

Wow! If it's THAT urgent, they should read the MRI results in the room after it's been completed, not when they get around to it. At least you know the surgeon has received it. Tick, tock. Is this "slipping" thing something that can happen just once to each hip or can it happen more than once? Parenthood is rough.

I had to look up that "q word." The celebration of a 15 year old girl's birthday. Must have a Mexican flavor to the party. Sounds like fun! I hope dd doesn't need surgery again.

Nice that you are within your +/- 2 lb window. Doing great! Don't adjust your window, just stay put! Have a great day and weekend, in case I don't see you around here much this weekend.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:25 PM   #1789
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy to report that my dd doesn't need surgery!! We are so happy!! truly blessed!! Just wanted to update you with our good news!! It took forever to track down the results! But it was worth it!! Dr recommends rest and maybe some P/T. But, whatever it will be, it p's WAY better than surgery!! Woohoo!! Getting her to rest is another challenge.

HAPPY weekend!!
Old 05-16-2014, 10:11 PM   #1790
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yahoo!! PTL! That's such a blessing & answer to prayer! Happy weekend to you too!
Old 05-17-2014, 01:10 AM   #1791
Big Yapper!

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2014, 08:34 AM   #1792
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks ladies!! It's a miracle! We're so happy that she won't need to spend her summer in pain, on crutches, laid up. A whole new world has opened for her and we're looking forward to it! we're very thankful!!

Well, I have been hovering around the same weight most of this P3- 153.8 give or take. It is on the upper side of my range, but I have been there for a while on this P3. I've been keeping calories lower (1500ish), watching carbs, keeping fat higher. Yesterday, for some odd reason I ate a bit differently. I started off with the typical focus-high fat, low carb, moderate protein....but over the course of the day, I had more fruit, a few tortilla chips, added sunflower seeds. Then I had dinner at Freddy's (which is like a Culvers or Steak and Shake if you know what they are). Got my usual lettuce wrapped double burger, but then proceeded to eat the fries!! They're famous for their shoestring fries! Then, I had their frozen custard with hot caramel on it! I didn't eat anything the rest of the night, I was plenty full and felt quite satisfied. I've been mentally debating that whole intuitive eating thing and if it's possible to "fix" that part of me. Well, dreading the scale, I hopped on this morning. And...I'm weighing in at...153.9!!! Even On the new, fickle, tends to run higher, scale! Um, what? That's crazy!!

Now, mind you, I'm not going to make this a lifestyle...but I'm so encouraged that I can occasionally indulge a bit and not be way up on the scale! This is new! And I'm technically still in P3 where these food items are a complete no-no. Do you think this could be the Rx? Just a fluke? Whatever the case, if I can actually be this stable and still in my window? I could be quite happy here!! so, yay!!
Old 05-18-2014, 10:54 AM   #1793
Big Yapper!

That's great, Julie! Let's see what it says tomorrow. There may be a delayed reaction. I would eat very cleanly today just to see, as an experiment of sorts.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:34 AM   #1794
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-well, your advice was good and I started off the day planning to keep it clean and light...but we had a later dinner at chipotle and then froyo afterwards...and stayed up late playing cards with friends...but, I did INTEND to be lighter yesterday!

But, somehow, despite over 2000 calories and plenty of fat and carbs, I'm still in my window!! 154.3 this morning!?!! but I really upped the calories this weekend. Maybe that helped? I'm leaning toward the Rx making a big difference in my stabilization. I'm not quite sure how else it's working well, but I'm happy. I don't plan to keep pushing it. I'm home today, going to the gym for cardio (no weights yet) and will eat lighter, low carb fare all day. I am not sure if that'll help or hurt...it seems my body does better on higher calories and higher carbs. I was out of window after a completely low carb meal and day last week. It would be lovely if I needed higher carbs to do well! Too soon to decide, but I'm happy to work it out this week.

I'll be eating out a lot over the weekend. In addition to a holiday weekend with several parties to attend, it's also my birthday and we'll be eating out Sunday with a few of our favorite couples, painting canvases and enjoying ourselves with a little wine. Monday, my actual bday, will be eating out all day taking advantage of my freebies . Then my bestie and some of my gfs are taking me out to lunch later in the week . Lots of fun, but too much eating without a lot of lighter days to break it up....so I'd like to get down a bit before the weekend.

Hope you're all doing well!
Old 05-19-2014, 09:25 AM   #1795
Big Yapper!

Next Monday is your birthday? I love birthday freebie meals. Where do you go for yours? WTG on maintaining your losses so far! Happiness! And I absolutely LOVE your new Avi.

Enjoy your week and tread lightly while you are enjoying all those great meals and activities.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:47 PM   #1796
Big Yapper!!!!

Yup, I'll be 45 in a week! I used to get more generous email offers, but it seems desserts and appetizers are the norm this year . The one local restaurant owner (has 3 good places in town) gives you $10 toward a meal at each of his places...so we usually dine there (one meal each place). We'll see. Since it's actually on Memorial Day this year things may be more crowded and Matt's off that day too.

Thanks! That's a shot from our trip to antelope canyon in October. I'd love to go back this summer. We'll see.

Well, a bit of excitement here tonight! I was grilling these beautiful, well marbled ribeyes...I've been saving them. Well, they caught on fire (grease I guess) on the grill. I turned it off and the fire kept going! dh got the fire extinguisher and tried to put it of, but it spread down to the tank!! We called the fire department, but the tank did explode. We're all safe. They were here about an hour and a half hosing down the tank, and allowing the propane to evaporate. Crazy night!! So much for my ribeyes, and my grill!! but, it could have been much worse!! Thankful for God's protection!!
Old 05-19-2014, 08:58 PM   #1797
Big Yapper!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad you're okay! What the heck happened? Was it a new grill?
Old 05-20-2014, 03:18 PM   #1798
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love your new avatar Julie
So thankful that you're all safe from that explosion. Sounds scarey! Did it damage your house too? Or is it far away from your house? Ours is right on our front porch. I quite often put the meat on, & go back in the house with a timer... ugh. Good thing you were watching it!
Old 05-21-2014, 07:48 AM   #1799
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad you're okay! What the heck happened? Was it a new grill?
Thanks! It was scary!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
I love your new avatar Julie
So thankful that you're all safe from that explosion. Sounds scarey! Did it damage your house too? Or is it far away from your house? Ours is right on our front porch. I quite often put the meat on, & go back in the house with a timer... ugh. Good thing you were watching it!
Yes, we thankfully had it on the side of the house near our wall.

It was an older grill, about 7-8 years old. The ribeyes that I was rally excited to eat, btw, were well marbled (fatty!) . The fat caught fire and started a grease fire on the grill. We couldn't get it to go out, even with the fire extinguisher. Dh called the fire department. They were here an hour and a half working on it! the propane tank had a leak, they think, and it exploded. They got the grease fire out, then they were able to pull the propane tank out of the grill. They put it on our lawn, the middle of the backyard, and proceeded to spray the tank with their foam hose for about and hour! Off and on. They wouldn't keep a stead stream, but would hit it, wait a minute and repeat. They were cooling it off and waiting for the propane to evaporate.
I had to leave and take dd to volleyball practice, but they seem to have taken most of the grill and the tank with them. Even the steaks! they were wonderful and I'm so glad we live close to the station. It could have been much worse.
Apparently 7 of us had the same problem in Gilbert, where I live, on Monday! I was somewhat consoled that I'm not alone. they said it's pretty common.

Anyway, all is well here now. Quiet day yesterday. I'm hoping for a new, charcoal grill for my birthday now .

I'm down my normal gycd 2 lbs this morning to my usual 153.4. My body seems to think of this as LDW and tends to gravitate to it. I'm just happy to be back down. Got a little sunburn yesterday, did a 3-4 mile walk, have Zumba this morning and plan to back in the sun again too. I fully expect some fluctuations! I'll ride it out and stay controlled. It's worth it as I know sun and Mon I'm overdoing it.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:45 PM   #1800
Big Yapper!

I'm as close to a firehouse as you can get. Right across the street! It frightens me that they told you that sort of thing is commonplace. What did that propane tank look like after the explosion? Was it like a bomb went off? I'm picturing it all jagged and distorted. I'm glad they got rid of all the mess, too. Sorry about your Ribeyes.

GY sure works well for you! Hope you enjoyed Zumba. Hope you are careful with the sunburn when going back out in the sun again today. Blisters can be nasty and leave marks. I have brown spots on my upper back from a bad sunburn I had as a kid. (I just remembered how much I used to enjoy pealing sunburn skin as it begins to slough off.)