Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #151
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Making a pot of beef/cabbage soup, made 4 servings of P2 Chili and also 4 servings of chicken lettuce wraps. I'm off to a great start. I'll likely have an egg white/spinach omlette one day too, which should get me all the way through week 1!!

Debating the daily weighing thing. Will it encourage, discourage or have no impact? I wonder about skipping days. I like to know what's going on in there . Hmmm. I'll have to mull.
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #152
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
When will you be starting the VLCD phase, Julie? I'm sorry if I missed other recent posts that explain. I have had a busy day. If you want to read about it, I wrote a mega-long post on my journal for today. Hot off the presses!

I hope you do well this round. I don't think it matters if you weigh daily. If you are committed to a certain number of days and you know how to eat, then just let your chips fall where they may. If you decide you want a "sneak peak" then go for it. It's all good.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Goal Wt-135 lbs!
WOE: Stillman's - 19 days - Not my lifetime woe!
Start Date: 7/28/14 - 8/17/14
Good success to you on this round Julie, you can do it!

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:47 AM   #154
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Go Julie!!! Rooting you on!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:29 AM   #155
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks girls!! Day 2, so far so good. I may take a break from the scale. I'm not sure if the numbers will go down as quickly as I want them to. So I may give it some time w.o weighing.

It's hard though. I'm really tied to the scale as validation for what I'm doing. I've had failed rounds in the past, and in the back of my head I think "what if this doesn't work this time?". SO, I weigh. It's my way to double check. But, I am sure my body would lose the same amount whether I check or not, right?

Maggie-you're doing great w. all that exercise!! Way to make it your lifestyle!!

Deb-you sound like you're doing well too. It'll be over before we know it and take some fat with it!!

Cheryl- I tried to open your link in your siggy to your journal, but it wouldn't connect. Maybe it's my computer? Can you double check that link? Sorry for your long day!! I'm on LVCD2 today. I loaded over July 4th and am back to the VLC portion. Not too bad so far. Not much hunger (but I loaded a lot!!) but I did stay up later than I should have last night. I prefer going to bed early on my VLCD's but my family has other ideas!! All good. I'm happy and look forward to RE-losing back down to my goal weight and hopefully having a healthier metabolism at the end (assuming the "work" I did on it the past few months is truly protected w. the hcg, which I'm choosing to believe). I still need to finish Apocalypse. I'm making progress though!
Old 07-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #156
Big Yapper!!!!

Musings

I do too much fast food w. my fam still. A few nights a week usually. In-n-out burger usually. All fresh beef burgers, no buns. But I do usually let my girls split a fry, also made fresh from potatoes. I will occasionally do Freddy's burgers or Burger King - all bunless burgers. Think it's ok? Better than breaded fried stuff and buns, right? I know, I should just cook for my kids at home. There are many times we're out running around too much and it doesn't work out . I hope the damage is minimal. We try not to make it our lifestyle.

As we're on the topic, have you guys looked at kid's menus? Macaroni-n-cheese, chicken nuggets and fries, cheese burgers and fries, spaghetti, and on rare occasions ribs. No, there's no plan to create a generation of obese children. It's so hard. My girls would choose chicken cesar salad, or grilled chicken w. brocolli if offered. Actually, ther are a few places that offer grilled chicken, but they usually want the junk options instead. Sigh. We push for fruit on the side instead of fries. Sigh. Definitely need to make more of a consistent effort to make sure my girls eat healthily.

Well, lunch done, apple done, wiaitng for dinner. Def a bit of hunger, but manageable. Need to be out mroe. Going for a nice day hike tomorrow, but that's tricky on P2. What would you pack? Cottage cheese? Apple. Not sure about dinner. It'll probably be on the road. Bunless burger I suppose. Just musing .
Old 07-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #157
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Cheryl- I tried to open your link in your siggy to your journal, but it wouldn't connect. Maybe it's my computer? Can you double check that link? Sorry for your long day!! I'm on LVCD2 today. I loaded over July 4th and am back to the VLC portion. Not too bad so far. Not much hunger (but I loaded a lot!!) but I did stay up later than I should have last night. I prefer going to bed early on my VLCD's but my family has other ideas!! All good. I'm happy and look forward to RE-losing back down to my goal weight and hopefully having a healthier metabolism at the end (assuming the "work" I did on it the past few months is truly protected w. the hcg, which I'm choosing to believe). I still need to finish Apocalypse. I'm making progress though!
I screwed up my link by deleting too much of it. Thanks for telling me there was a problem or I'd not have known. Will figure it out!

Quote:
I do too much fast food w. my fam still. A few nights a week usually. In-n-out burger usually. All fresh beef burgers, no buns. But I do usually let my girls split a fry, also made fresh from potatoes. I will occasionally do Freddy's burgers or Burger King - all bunless burgers. Think it's ok? Better than breaded fried stuff and buns, right? I know, I should just cook for my kids at home. There are many times we're out running around too much and it doesn't work out . I hope the damage is minimal. We try not to make it our lifestyle.

As we're on the topic, have you guys looked at kid's menus? Macaroni-n-cheese, chicken nuggets and fries, cheese burgers and fries, spaghetti, and on rare occasions ribs. No, there's no plan to create a generation of obese children. It's so hard. My girls would choose chicken cesar salad, or grilled chicken w. brocolli if offered. Actually, ther are a few places that offer grilled chicken, but they usually want the junk options instead. Sigh. We push for fruit on the side instead of fries. Sigh. Definitely need to make more of a consistent effort to make sure my girls eat healthily.

Well, lunch done, apple done, wiaitng for dinner. Def a bit of hunger, but manageable. Need to be out mroe. Going for a nice day hike tomorrow, but that's tricky on P2. What would you pack? Cottage cheese? Apple. Not sure about dinner. It'll probably be on the road. Bunless burger I suppose. Just musing .
I don't think any of us could control our weight by eating the majority of your meals out. It's just too hard and there are too many variables. I just don't trust anyone when they say, "100% beef!" or whatever. We know it's all about the almighty dollar and their bottom line. Let's not give them so much power over our destiny!

Sure, when given an entire menu, we are going to be tempted to go with the tastier fare. That's why you need to buckle-down and start making some meals at home. If time is the issue, make things in the Crock Pot or slow-roasted in the oven. If it's money, then you don't need to be blowing it at the fast food places. Gone are the days of $1.99 Big Macs.

Julie, whether you weigh or don't weigh, just let it be a small indicator of how you're doing. I'm sure you can tell inside how you are doing. Whether you're losing or staying the same, or gaining (heaven forbid!) We are used to our bodies in this losing game enough to feel when things are working in our favor or not, right?

So find some good, easy recipes and get crackin! Think of the money you'll save, as well as the peace of mind you'll have every night when your head hits the pillow. The girls will benefit too.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #158
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement cheryl! I have made dinner in the crockpot the past 2 nights. :highfive: it is hard when eating out a lot. Travel and too much running around at dinner time is usually the culprit. Being onP2 it's a def sacrifice preparing a nightly dinner I can't enjoy! But, 3-4 weeks is worth it. What made u decide to give hcg another go? You were pretty against it last time you spoke of it. It's not my first choice, but it is the only way my body will lose. So, it's my plan for now. hope you're doing well and not suffering through that heat and humidity!!

Thanks Deb!' we're gonna rock this round!!
Old 07-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #159
Big Yapper!

I am a totally impulsive person. Not how I'd prefer to be, but that's how I'm built. I decided on the spur of the moment to do another round, then I was hit by a few financial blinders and decided to learn to live in such a way that I could eat all things (aka: what I have and can get cheaply) So now I'm back off the pellets, eating intuitively (as they say.) Still dropping the lbs, so all is right with the world.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #160
Big Yapper!!!!

VLCD4 done. I have had a little bit of hunger from time to time, but nothing I can't manage. Energy feels good too so far! I did get a bit lightheaded a bit today but that's typical for me in P2. Onward and downward (I hope). I did have a burger out tonight but that should all be protocol.

Cheryl-ya' gotta' do what you gotta do!! Hope you can make it work with life and long term. That's what's most important, and maybe even harder than losing weight, keeping it off. Maintenance is a big commitment too. It doesn't seem we ever get to coast . But, I'd rather maintain than lose any day. Can't wait to be done!!
Old 07-09-2012, 05:20 AM   #161

You are doing awesome Julie!!!! Being so close to goal, you will probably not have as much hunger suppression as us fatties do.......

Keep up the great work, and I am happy to hear that you are not worrying about a burger out.. I KNOW I am not!... but I am a rebel...... Go Julie!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #162
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Deb!! It means so much to be doing this round with you!! I'm excited to still feel well and no problems. I hope the rest of our rounds go as swimmingly!!

VLCD5 and I'm down 1.2 overnight. Still working back down toward where I should be (148-150). But progress is good. I was over a bit on calories yesterday, about 585-600 instead of 500 but still lost well.

I'd really love to lose another 10lbs this round. If I'm feeling well I may try to do it even w. my inlaws in town Aug 3-17. We'll see. I don't want to EVER have to do another round. I'm not sure if I'll lose well enough, even in an extended round, to get to the mid 140's where I'd like to get. If I can get there, while still exercising, I should be able to maintain in the 140's for ever. That's the plan at least .

I don't know if my losses will stay pretty good this round. Last time I lost well throughout. I didn't really hit the 2nd week stall I expected. I know each round is different, and I will take it 1 day at a time. But, since I have 16+ days left, even at 0.5 a day average, I should be able to get off 8 lbs which would get me back to LDW of last round. We'll see. All part of the fun and challenge of the hcg plan!!

We'll see .
Old 07-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Yay Julie!!
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #164
Big Yapper!

Quote:
VLCD4 done. I have had a little bit of hunger from time to time, but nothing I can't manage. Energy feels good too so far! I did get a bit lightheaded a bit today but that's typical for me in P2. Onward and downward (I hope). I did have a burger out tonight but that should all be protocol.

Cheryl-ya' gotta' do what you gotta do!! Hope you can make it work with life and long term. That's what's most important, and maybe even harder than losing weight, keeping it off. Maintenance is a big commitment too. It doesn't seem we ever get to coast . But, I'd rather maintain than lose any day. Can't wait to be done!!
Well, as I wrote below, I'm a totally impulsive person. Back on a P2 as of today. Loaded just one day and now I'm ready to take this as far as I can get by the end of this month. I have a window of opportunity before my 50th birthday now that the wedding (my nephew) and the 4th of July party are behind me. So I'm right there with you in P2-land!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I am a totally impulsive person. Not how I'd prefer to be, but that's how I'm built. I decided on the spur of the moment to do another round, then I was hit by a few financial blinders and decided to learn to live in such a way that I could eat all things (aka: what I have and can get cheaply) So now I'm back off the pellets, eating intuitively (as they say.) Still dropping the lbs, so all is right with the world.
Take whatever I say with a big grain of salt, people!

Quote:
I'd really love to lose another 10lbs this round. If I'm feeling well I may try to do it even w. my inlaws in town Aug 3-17. We'll see. I don't want to EVER have to do another round. I'm not sure if I'll lose well enough, even in an extended round, to get to the mid 140's where I'd like to get. If I can get there, while still exercising, I should be able to maintain in the 140's for ever. That's the plan at least .

We'll see .
You will! I have faith in you. As for me, I can only hope to land back in the 170's by my birthday. After that, if I can stomach more P2'ing, I'll jump back on plan for another 2 weeks or so, until the next family member's birthday (the 18th.) I want to be in maintenance by the Fall and maintain my losses solidly through the holiday season. I have to learn to keep off the weight or I might as well just get used to being fat.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #165
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl- You're too funny!! Back to P2 sounds good too!! It's not that bad once the hunger subsides. I actually didn't eat my full meal last night b.c I wasn't really hungry for it. I seem to have more hunger in the mornings lately, which is odd for me.

Amy-thanks for popping in! I read your journal a bit the other day. I was at the beginning w. SB1, 2 and 3 . Whatever happened w/ all of them and your NYC wedding trip? I couldn't find it all in that thread. and is your DBF now one of those guys from a few years back? Inquiring minds want to know!! I'm an old married chick and like to live vicariously through the young single folk .

VLCD1: 163.4
Today: 155.2.
VLCD6 today and I'm down another lb overnight!! Even with a workout! Still feeling good. I'm glad I can still workout a bit and it not kill the scale. I did weights too. In the past I would be up after that, so I'm happy . Took dh and dd(12) to workout too. I'd really like it to be a habit for all of us, esp. dd. If she can grow up always knowing about healthy eating and exercise as being "normal" I really hope it'll just be a natural part of her life. I was always obese and mostly sedentary. I didn't want to try new things (rollerblading, surfing, etc) and would prefer a movie and dinner. I'd like our family to get active and stay that way. A hiking or camping vacation is normal for us. Our girls are up for crazy hikes (like The Narrows in Zion Nat'l Park this May-hiking in the freezing Virgin River). I hope we can all stay active. I'm loving it!

Have a great day ladies. One day at a time.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #166
Big Yapper!

You're doing great, Julie!! That's cool that you can still workout. Simeon did say that if someone was a long-time exerciser and their body was accustomed to the task, it was okay to keep doing it during P2.

I'm sure your kids will always have their childhood to look back on and they will have a strong foundation set up for the rest of their lives. You're doing a great job of getting your own issues managed and setting a wonderful example as a Mom and a wife.

If you've always been obese, you must be in your glory now! I wasn't always obese. I had a poochy tummy and larger thighs and upper arms than I would have liked, but I was a normal weight. I didn't start to really pack on the lbs until my 30s and then it was due to hypothyroidism. But I was always a terrible eater and lazy by nature.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #167
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-I have always been obese . My mom is still morbidly obese, and has been since she way full grown. I was 145lbs in 6th grade and kept gaining from there. Growing up Mom taught me to lay around watching TV and eating! Ironically, my dad was a type 1 diabetic and athlete. He ate right, exercised daily, and was a good example. Unfortunately, he wasn't home as much as mom and didn't override her on those matters . I wish he did.
I starved my way down to 195lbs for my wedding, but you know how that goes! I was a size 26 when I found Atkins. Sigh. I too have struggled w. hypothyroidism all my life, mostly untreated. Even now when I am slightly treated and it doesn't really help. Sigh. But you're very right, I'm thrilled to be where I am (finally). I'm normal (all snide comments aside ). I'm not skinny, but I'm not overweight anymore either.
You're tackling your weight now and hopefully your body will "remember" your skinnier days .

My girls do have it pretty good. I just really hope that they stick w. their roots and manage to avoid all the heartache obesity causes. It'd be great to break my family legacy (thanks mom!).

VLCD6 almost done . I haven't had dinner yet, and I'm not even hungry. Do I eat anyway? Hmmmm, not sure. I was starving earlier and had an orange, and now I'm not hungry. I'm sure it's temporary. Maybe once I dose it'll start me growling.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #168
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm only down 0.2 today. Which is fine, and actually expected. I'm 155 even. I'd really like to lose 10 more lbs before I'm done, but will be happy enough at 7. We'll see. I think I will be skipping the scale tomorrow. I will be doing an apple day if I hit a real stall.

I got my hair cut and highlighted. It's a nice "pick me up" (without relying on food to celebrate ). Fit back in my size 8 jeans today but noticed my things look awful. Much more flabby and cellulitey than they did a few weeks ago. Wonder what's up with that? Hope it's fat getting ready to vamanoose!!

Plugging away.... VLCD7... chicken and cabbage in. Apple in. Beef soup and orange planned for the rest of the day. Kinda' nice to be back to P2 in some ways. It's easy for meal planning. The tough part is feeding my family and enduring social enagements. Still think an hcg island would be a good idea .
Old 07-11-2012, 01:48 PM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Oooh 155! I miss that number.

I want pics of the new 'do! I have a Groupon deal thing for a haircut/style and full (or) partial color.. I was going to go get that done when I hit goal so hopefully I'll be back there soon!

Hope the rest of your day goes well!
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #170
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslatte View Post
Oooh 155! I miss that number.

I want pics of the new 'do! I have a Groupon deal thing for a haircut/style and full (or) partial color.. I was going to go get that done when I hit goal so hopefully I'll be back there soon!

Hope the rest of your day goes well!
Amy- I had a Groupon too, and it expired today so I had to use it. Not too different, I'lll post a pic. Dd(12) took it for me, but she's not much of a photographer. If I looked like you at 155, I'd stay there!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hair 2.jpg (24.4 KB, 14 views)
Old 07-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #171
Big Yapper!

If you look that good at that angle, that says a whole lot! And you really DO look good in that picture. No idea what MissLatte looks like.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:57 PM   #172
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-Thanks!!
Old 07-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #173
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm up 0.2 today, while sticking to protocol perfectly. . I even only ate half my dinner last night ( beef cabbage soup). But, it's normal, I'm visibly smaller, and it'll straighten out. I've had an orange the past 2 days and will drop that today, add strawberries instead. Hope that's it. Otherwise, it could be the cabbage. I am not eating huge amounts of it, but had it in lunch and dinner. I love the angel hair cabbage from Walmart. Cooks up so easily!

Plugging away. Going to acfriend's house to swim today. Bringing my own lunch. She'll understand. She wrestles w/ her weight too.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #174
Big Yapper!

"Angel hair cabbage"? Neat! Sorry for the bump up but it was infinitesimal. I will post a link to a video that someone posted on my other threads the other day. It might make you feel a little less inclined to rely on a scale number in the future. I know it impacted me in a good way.

I hope you have fun at your friend's house swimming today! I went to an amusement park with a sister and great-nephew. It was H.O.T. but fun. Glad to be back inside.

(Just did spell checker. I can't believe I spelled infinitesimal right!!!)
Old 07-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #175
Big Yapper!

Here it is. Take heart!!!
Old 07-13-2012, 11:53 AM   #176
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks for that video Cheryl! Great reminder. I've been thinking that I may end this round higher on the scale from my previous low, since I've been building muscle the past few months. I'm not gonna let the scale dictate my success.

I do feel slimmer and look better already. In fact, I tried on my new jeans, which just last week I couldn't button or zip. And today they fit! Still a tad snug in the thighs, but much better in only 1 week! Woohoo! Even though Im still 6 lbs up from my previous LDW, I feel MUCH better! Whew!
Old 07-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #177
Big Yapper!

Wow! That's wonderful, Julie! You are taking up less space, just like the lady talks about in that video. Very happy for you, honey. Hoping I start following your lead. When I grow up, I will!
Old 07-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #178
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-hang in there! So much of this is mental. You have to be truly convinced and in the "zone" to really make this hcg program work. You'll find your way. Until you're psyched up to do it, just eat good LC foods and fuel your metabolism.

I'm having a good day! Down a lb to 153.4 so pretty happy. I am keeping my expectations low, but looking forward to success. I feel slimmer and my clothes a fitting better! That was my real goal! Yay!
Old 07-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #179
Big Yapper!

For me it's 100% mental. That's the problem. Can't do much about mental issues. Glad you are on your way!
Old 07-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #180

Excellent Job Julie!!! So happy things are going well this round!