Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2014, 07:37 AM   #1741
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Thanks Cheryl! Your support means a lot!

Well, I'm not sure what's going on with me. Yesterday I was afraid to trust the scale at 158.5 (a 3 lb loss from the day before), today I brought my old scale back up to have a "second opinion" on the new scale and they both said 157!!!!! say wha?!! As the eternal scientist I am trying to figure out why it's going so well for me right now....possibly:
New batch of hcg started a few days ago.
Had beef for dinner the past 2 nights
Added 0% GY the past 2 days
Had a quest bar the last 2 days (thought I needed the protein)
Haven't exercised, but have been increasing the week before?
Just finally in losing mode coming off my P!?
Whatever the reason, I'm delighted!! I've NEVER lost this well in ANY previous rounds!! so, I dosed today and am keeping going. We'll see how far this wave will take me. I'll end next Tuesday or when the losing stops, whichever comes first. Woohoo!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2014, 10:20 AM   #1742
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
You broke through a set point, darling! Yahoooooo! You're making me want to join you on that happy train. Perhaps I will.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:17 AM   #1743
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-I guess so!! How delightfully unusual!! I never lost this well!! This batch of the Rx combined with whatever is going well is working great!!

Good morning! I'm happy to report that it's still going well (I feel like Melanie-onedism). I'm down again to 155.4 this morning! That's my LDW from my 2013 round, and a delightful surprise!! I am having the same meals (almost) each day in almost superstitious fashion. Coffee and hnh, GY and berries, buffalo chicken lunchmeat wrapped in lettuce leaves, quest bar, some type of ground beef dinner - chili over spinach, burger, and last night 3 meatballs in sauce. I'm not sure why it's working, but I'm so happy!! I have never lost this well before!! Onward I go! Plan to walk with my neighbor this morning. .

Have a great day all!
Old 04-29-2014, 07:39 AM   #1744
Big Yapper!

Didn't you say that you goofed when mixing this latest batch of hcg? Could it be that is why you're doing so much better? If so, are you taking a higher dose or a lower dose?
Old 04-29-2014, 07:41 AM   #1745
Big Yapper!!!!

The actual amount of hcg I'm taking is about the same. I'm injecting more bac water since my dose is more diluted. It could just be the fresh batch? Got it from a different supplier. but happy!!
Old 04-29-2014, 11:20 AM   #1746
Big Yapper!

Me too.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:33 PM   #1747
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi Julie Happy you're feeling good. Hope you found a better answer for DD's teeth. Did you find a church that you all enjoy yet? Hope so.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:30 AM   #1748
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!

Early day for us. We're taking a "birding" field trip for dd's bio class. Should be a lovely day!

We took dd to the endodontist for her assessment of the "possible" 4 root can't teeth. She thinks 3 can be just fillings, but there's the possibility that they may become more complex once they open them up, and the 4th tooth definitely needs a root canal. but, it's still way better than it could have been. I was relieved. We have another endo we saw years ago that did a pulp cap instead of a root canal on this same dd. it saves the root and gives the pulp a chance to recover. After researching root canals, I made an appt to go back to this endo and see if she can do that again. Scary stuff those root canals!

Debby-we're learning toward a church, calvary chapel queen creek. Dh loves it, but dd(10) doesn't like the kids church, and dd(13) hasn't wanted to try the youth group yet. that's a a big part of why we're even looking for a church. The people ar fine, not really friendly, which is a disappointment. The pastor is good, and the music isn't blaring, which is a selling feature for dh. Thanks for asking.

I'm down again today to 154.1!! This is fun! I'm just a bit shocked by it. I've NEVER lost like this on any round, not even my first week's losses go this well, let alone this far into it? but I'm thrilled! I'm keeping with the same basic routine, coming in around 700 cals daily, around 85g of protein, so I'm actually having a lot more than protocol recommends. Whatever is working, I sure hope it keeps going. I know it won't, but I am definitely enjoying it while it lasts!
Old 04-30-2014, 09:43 AM   #1749
Big Yapper!

Whatever you're doing, don't change a thing! I'll bet you've never been so glad with a decision you've made as you are with the choice to do another round when you did. I was reading an article a lady posted on the board here and it's about restarting on a LC diet after quitting (no matter how many times that's happened) and how our body responds to the attempts. It's very encouraging but it also goes into other things. I call them "set points" but they call them something else. It might explain why the weight is coming off so easily right now.

I'm glad DD might not need all those root canals. You going birding today? I hope you take some pics to share with us. We want to go along too.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:35 AM   #1750
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-yep, we saw lots of birds. I didn't get many pics, but it was fun. A lovely day, 3 mile hike!, and fun them with friends. I am happy with this decision! I've never really done a PI before, but I've also never tried the REAL hcg before either. There really seems to be a big difference for me.

I'm running out of steam. I have NO complaints. I'm down 0.2 to 153.9 this morning, which is wonderful. I was up half the night with foot cramps, and nearly fell after getting up too quickly yesterday evening. I do usually get light headed toward the end of a round, but this one scared me. Like a long time to recover from it, I really thought I might go down. So, I'm likely going to wrap up my round soon. I'll dose again today to see what tomorrows weight will be. I did take a 3 mile hike yesterday, so that may have been enough to wear me out. In any event, I'm super thrilled with my PI, and am really glad I went for it. If I'm done, I have no room to complain. My body could probably use a break, and I hope my mind can look at clean P3 as a celebration and stick to the plan.

Quick NSV-I'm wearing my guess jeans that I haven't been able to wear in over a over today!! yay!
Old 05-01-2014, 09:38 AM   #1751
Big Yapper!

You mean over a year? (Wearing the Guess jeans). That's wonderful news! Sorry for the foot cramps and dizzy spell. That sounds scary. I'm glad it passed and that you're okay now. I wish you could keep dosing until you run out of HCG. Maybe just increase your calories and decrease your activity?

What does PI mean? I've been wanting to ask but I can wait no longer. Does that mean when you cycle back to P2 after P3?

So glad you enjoyed your hike and bird watching. Rest today and take vito's, etc. Maybe a sugar-free Gatorade is in your future.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:58 AM   #1752
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks! Yes, a year since I wore the jeans . A PI is a planned interruption. Part of the Simeon's original protocol where you do at least 21 vlcds and then transition like you're doing P3, then within 14 days you go back to P2 with dosing. You can theoretically just pick up where you left off.

I'm on vlcd 37 today. I was hoping to go the full 40 since I've never done that before. We will see. I feel good now. Did my grocery shopping and planning to take the girls mini golfing with our friends in a bit. Enjoying our last day in the 80's for a bit .
Old 05-01-2014, 10:26 AM   #1753
Big Yapper!

Oh yeah! I remember now. Well you're so close to 40, I say go for it! Enjoy your day. (Wearing your Guess Jeans).
Old 05-02-2014, 07:30 AM   #1754
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, there is something nice about feeling good in your clothes (for a change!!) thanks!

Well, I'm down another 1.1 today! I'm at 152.8, well into the normal range for my height. Surprised and pleased with that. I can't decide what is working so well... I feel good. Mentally sharp, warm hands and feet, temp up to 98.3!!, plenty of energy. It's really quite amazing how good I feel on this batch of Rx hcg. I have always known I have a hormone imbalance but have given up on actually getting it treated. I am doing well on my thyroid supplement, but definitely don't usually feel this sharp and focused. It's nice .

I am taking it easier lately. Only walking as exercise, and gently at that. I guess the hike was overdoing it? I tend to have low blood pressure anyways, and occasionally get light headed if I rise too quickly. That episode the other day was the worst one I'd had in a long time, but I jumped up and started to walk quickly to chase my puppy who was misbehaving.

I am pretty content with the food and absolutely delighted with the weight Loss right now. I planned to transition when the losses stopped, but they haven't! I'm gonna keep going and listen to my body. If I felt weak or cold and my temp was down I'd transition now. But truthfully , I feel better than "normal" and kind of wish I always felt this way!
Old 05-02-2014, 08:00 AM   #1755
Big Yapper!!!!

Round tracking summary

For reference:
I went back and counted my vlcds and dates, weights etc.

I started the vlcds on this round on march 16. I weighed 177.4 that morning, after dosing 2 days and loading.

I got down to 162.6 for the LDD on April 8, which was vlcd24 where I stopped dosing. I continued to eat vlc for 3 more days and got down to 160.8 going into my planned interruption. I lost 14.8lbs in 24 vlcds.

On April 22, I started to dose aging and resumed my vlcds, so that day vlcd28 I weighed in at 164.4.

Today, vlcd38, I weigh 152.8. In 10 days post PI I have lost 11.6 lbs.

I just wanted to have some place where I could track my progress, and look at what worked, and what didn't. The first half my round I tried to stick to the 500 calorie mark and had less fat, had an apple every day snd very little beef. I also was using a different Rx hcg than I'm using for the later half the round. Second half the round my calories are closer to 700/day and higher fat and protein.

Just for future reference and anyone else who's curious .
Old 05-02-2014, 08:56 AM   #1756
Big Yapper!

That's amazing, Julie! Why did you change to a different Rx hcg for the latter part of this round? Just curious and now I want (in an email or something) to know where you bought it and how I can get me some. I'm really glad you backed way off of the exercise. I knew that was counterintuitive but it's your round, not mine.

I'm taking my hhcg pellets and writing down what I'm eating but not counting calories. Not drinking and being mindful. I was dropping on the scale and today I'm up. Not going to go bonkers and get nuts but it's time to cut back, I guess. I just feel hungry on these new dog gone pellets and I can't deal with hunger.

Have an amazing day! So happy for you, honey. KUTGW!
Old 05-02-2014, 10:37 AM   #1757
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-I switched b/c I ran out of that first batch. This brand came from that place I emailed you about. Do you still have it? I can look it up. It's working well for me!! There'll be ups and downs on any plan, so you're wise to not freak out. Give it some more time and see where you go. Down is good progress!! This sounds like it really is shaping up to be a good year for you my friend!! I hope it goes well today for you!!
Old 05-02-2014, 10:39 AM   #1758
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Julie. I'll bbl to tell about my time at the meet and greet. And yes, I'm sure I still have the information.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:27 AM   #1759
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy Sunday!!

Sorry I was Mia yesterday. Long day at dd's regional volleyball tournament. They all played great, especially my dd!! Considering she wasn't allowed to even play 1 whole game the first 4 tournaments, it's amazing she played the whole day (except for a much needed and appreciated 10 minute break in game 4) and was wonderful. I'm so proud of her!! Her left hip is still rating her pretty bad, and we fear she'll need the same surgery on that one as she did on the right one last year. That's partly why yesterday was so important. IF she needs the surfy she'll be out for 6-12 weeks . At least she got to play 11 games of volleyball yesterday and finished 4th out of 167 teams!!

Diet wuss, I'm ending my long round. I got up at 4:15 am yesterday at 152.4. Was out alllll day. Had a cup of coffee, 2 quest bars throughout the day, GY and berries, then later a salad with chicken on it. I was starving by the time we finally got to eat!! They kept winning games so it kept going .

I am mostly moving on b/c if the leg cramps. They're bad and every night, both feet and legs . I feel like my body is done. It's totally fine!! I'm ready to move on, and wish I hadn't dosed yesterday so I could move on sooner. But, it's fine .

Exhausted, but content. We've got the team pool party today, I need to get a coaches gift from the team since no one else thought of it. Ironic, since my dd was mostly ignored until recently. The asst. coach really likes her and gave her a chance and she's really done a phenomenal job!

Hope you're all doing well

Cheryl-encouraged about the job and where this may go
Old 05-04-2014, 09:38 AM   #1760
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/127/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Hi Julie ! Glad you're doing well
pandora174 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:03 AM   #1761
Big Yapper!

WTG, DD!!! How impressive! 4th in 167??? I think you're right. You're body is calling "game" and it's time to rest and stabilize now. Get well and behave yourself so you can stay in that lovely 2 lb window. Ok? Ok.

I'll keep you posted on the job. I shadow from 6-8 pm tomorrow and then I see what comes next. Today I'm going to make three horses go run around in a circle.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:38 PM   #1762
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi Julie,
Sounds good for your dd. Hope she doesn't need surgery again.

Glad you're going to start eating more. I hope things go well for you, maintaining your weight loss & getting strong.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:19 AM   #1763
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-thanks! We're really proud of her . Looking forward to P3 tomorrow.

Debby-thanks! I am looking forward to more too!

I have to say, as wonderful, successful and relatively "easy" as this round was, I am very excited to be able to eat more tomorrow! I miss my fats! Full fat GY, butter and mayo on my lettuce wraps will be so nice!

Some things about Rx vs homeopathic:
For me, Rx will be my only choice from now on. With my hypothyroidism and hormone issues, the Rx was far superior in many areas.
My temps were consistently high during the whole round, 97.4-98.4!! Really delightful and encouraging!
I was warm. Hands and feet warm the whole round-good sign of health and metabolism.
Hunger very rare and satisfaction very high.
Losses were excellent, especially for me! (-25 lbs in 40 days of vlc with dosing).
Muscle tone remains good-I can tell in the past when I've lost muscle and I don't notice any loss of muscle this time.
Fat and inches lost are very noticeable. I wore a bathing suit and both dd(13) and dh were marveling at how flat my belly was and how thin I looked.
In all, it was a good round. I'm very happy to be down in the low 150's and plan to stick to it. I'll understand the impact of Rx on stabilization in a few weeks. I expect it to go well as all I've read says the Rx makes stabilizing much easier. I hope so
Old 05-05-2014, 08:01 AM   #1764
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
I agree with all you said about RX Julie! .. you did SPLENDID!!!!! Good luck on P3
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:33 AM   #1765
Big Yapper!

That's so great to read all the ways that you are "sold" on the Rx kind. Now, if you stabilize easier, I'm going to buy some. Enjoy P3!!! And how wonderful to have so much satisfaction with your new body.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:35 AM   #1766
Big Yapper!!!!

Deb-thanks! It was good! Ad you inspired me !

Cheryl-il keep you posted . I hope stabilizing goes smoothly too! Then it really will be the hcg magic!

Off to P3 I go. Weighing in this morning at 153 I'm ok with it, wish it were unde LDW, but given i started p3 a bit early last night with dinner at Texas Roadhouse, I think I'm doing ok. I'll keep a tight reign especially thin first week.

Off for a walk, then massage and adjustment, then training for dd(13), then sand volleyball for both of them. Full day! I've got an appt for tomorrow morning for dd to see the surgeon...I'm still hoping it's just a muscle strain.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:07 PM   #1767
Big Yapper!

Have a great day and get some rest when you get everything checked off your list.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:28 AM   #1768
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm holding steady, 163.2 today, so 0.8 over LDW. I seem to be settling in above LDW this time, but that's probably because I didn't have that nice cushion under LDW this time. it's not bad, but I have a history of being at the top or out of my range my whole P3 and then any indulging (aka adding of carbs) puts me out of window.not gonna stress it. Just musings.

Also, btw, I'm wearing my size 6 Levi's right now and quite happy!

Off to dd's surgeon this morning. Really hoping her left hip is ok and she won't need surgery! We'll see, it's in God's hands and I trust Him!
Old 05-07-2014, 10:07 AM   #1769
Big Yapper!

Hey! I just realized you said 163. You're 153, girlfriend! And proud of it, too!

Size 6 Levi's!! Fabulous, darling.

Hope all is good news with the surgeon.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:20 AM   #1770
Big Yapper!!!!

you're right!! Ironic typo! 153!! Much nicer .

X-rays were inconclusive...based on her symptoms, history and the slight irregularity on the X-ray, he's sending us for an MRI. That'll take a few days to get approved. We're preparing for the worst, he thinks it's a pre slip, which will still require surgery-but hopefully it won't be as hard to recover from? We will see. It could be worse, still thankful for all our blessings and trusting God's plan in all of this. Appreciate your prayers and support!