Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2014, 08:08 PM   #1711
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Happy Easter!
God bless you & your family as you decide for your Mom's future.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2014, 09:28 AM   #1712
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
^^^^^^^ Amen!
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:09 PM   #1713
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Thanks Debby! You too! Enjoy your family while celebrating the resurrection of our Lord!

Cheryl-you too!

Doing fine, busy day, home finally and tired. Volleyball all morning, then took my mil shopping. Dh wants to go out to dinner, but I'd rather just hang out at home. We'll see.

Up to LDW today 161.6 . I did eat a lot more yesterday than I have lately. But, I was hungry and I kept it LC. I knew my appetite would return, so now I start the harder stabilization. .

Looking forward to celebrating Christ's resurrection tomorrow morning at church, then fun and food with the family in the afternoon. I made a cute cake that looks like a sunflower, the yellow petals are peeps, around choc chips as the "seeds". Very cute! I'll save my calories for ham and green bean casserole .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:23 PM   #1714
Big Yapper!

I just remembered what you said about palm leaves popping your volleyballs. So, you understand! I knew you would.

Are you trying another church tomorrow? I thought you were still shopping around for the right one. Tough to do during a holiday season. Not easy at ANY time, but especially when things are festive.

Your cake sounds so adorable! Can you take a picture before your kids and family dives into it? Don't fret about the LDW on the scale. You had a little leeway and now reality is setting in. It's all good.

Happy Resurrection Sunday! Sleep well tonight and enjoy your family to its fullest.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:48 AM   #1715
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Cheryl-we had a fun, and very busy day!

I ran all over town yesterday, did a lot of baking, cooking and eating too! it was a fun day .

I've decided to try another week or so of low calories...I know it's not a good idea, and many people have tried and don't recommend them, but this week is a bit hectic and I won't get back to the gym for another week or so because of the schedule, my MIL is drinking shakes for weight loss while she's here so I won't have to fix family meals, I'm motivated and have the supplies, so I'm going to go for it.

If I can get down to closer to 155 in the next week or so, and stabilize near there, then I can start my next round the end of may in a better place and actually have the chance to get to 145ish for my final LDW in June. That would be goal!! So, we'll see.

I'm up out of window for sure today. Debating doing an egg CD since my fridge is full of deviled eggs...that's probably what I'll do. I'm too practical to waste food .

I hope you all understand and will support me. I'm trying it, and if it doesn't go well I'll have at least tried.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:43 AM   #1716
Big Yapper!

Well, give it a whirl and see how it plays out. I didn't realize you were shooting for the 140's again. That was the goal I had set, too. 140 lbs. But I felt so good at 159 that I wonder if I'd really need to be that small to feel good in my own skin. I'd be thrilled to feel that small again and to keep myself at that weight for the rest of my life. Or, at least until I was ready to go further down.

Enjoy those deviled eggs.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:27 AM   #1717
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/130-134/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Good luck ! I did a small PI in round (can't remember) and I stabilized fine. I think I went 3-4 days and did gain about 3 1/2 lbs but lost that within 2 days of being on P2 and went my 40 or so days and it kicked started my losses and didn't mess with my stabilization at all. I would of been miserable on P2 while in Orlando and it was a nice break as well.

I know what you mean about the eggs. I have 12 in my fridge right now, just staring at me ! I was going to do an egg ay today for my DD but I've never done an egg day and didn't want to mess with my numbers just in case I don't lose. I am very OCD about my GY on DD So I think I'll be adding the eggs to my regular eating for salads, deviled eggs etc.

Good luck on P2 ! You got this

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html
pandora174 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:16 PM   #1718
Big Yapper!!!!

Pandora-thanks! Is good to hear of successful rounds with PIs. I've now heard of a few and they all said it jump started their losses. Some have done 50 day rounds! I doubt I'll be able to swing that, but I'll shoot for 7-10 and see where I go. I'm not gonna finish these eggs and no one else in my family will eat them. I predict I will have some some happy dogs .

Cheryl-thanks hon! I have adjusted my "goal" more times than I care to think . I look back and like the way I look in the 140's...we shall see if I can get there again. I will be adding back my intense exercise eventually too, so hopefully that'll keep me motivated to maintain!

So, I went to mix my 5000iu vial... I was doing fine until I injected my 1ml of dissolved hcg into the bac water vial! so, I then had 21 ml of dissolved hcg...so, based on my adjusted calculations I need a 52.5 cc dose to get 125iu of hcg at this point. so, I filled the syringes with 55-60 cc and will see where I go with it. I filled 30 syringes just now , froze 20 and will keep 10 in the fridge for this week. there is some left in the vial which I out in the fridge just in case. If the 10 days goes well, I may just use up that vial and fill a few more syringes to freeze and then I'll be all set for my late May round.

Doing the egg day today to use them up. Not my favorite, but I'll be loaded with fat for tomorrow!
Old 04-21-2014, 02:18 PM   #1719
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kathy76
Stats: (313)282/160.8/155-160
Start Date: 9/19/05
Hey Julie! It's been awhile!!
I had a TT/muscle repair on 1/29 (dr removed 5 1/2lbs) had decided that when I was almost healed I would do a round of hhcg, I still had pellets and thought that I would give it a try again.
I am on vlcd37 & I'm down 22lbs I was glad to see you still doing hcg when I checked the board! I was only 1 day behind you. I was going to post on the P2 thread many times but didn't because so many of you were doing injections & I *think* that part of the no hunger thing is mental and I didn't want to get discouraged because mine weren't real.

I haven't decided how long I am going to stay on p2. I have went from 182.8 to 160.8. My goal was 155 but I may reevaluate when I get there.
My Plastic Surgeon is going to do a revision on my stomach in July so he encouraged me to get to my final goal before then.....it's my motivation
kathy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:47 PM   #1720
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey Kath!! Good to see you!! Wow! A TT? So cool! And you need a revision? Will the recovery be as extensive the second time? I hope it won't. How cool to have a nice flat belly! Good for you taking advantage of your recovery time! Great motivation!! Come and post on the thread too, there are others doing homeopathic...fivepointnine comes to mind . We're all fighting the fight together . You've done great!! I'll be thrilled to lose 7-10 more... We'll see. Come post again! So nice to see you!
Old 04-21-2014, 06:26 PM   #1721
Major LCF Poster!

I had a lot of swelling above my belly button & it kinda stretched out some. It is included in the original cost so I'm not going to complain. No, the recovery will be nothing like the original surgery. That was bad! I am 12 weeks out and still have trouble with Ab workouts. I just started back to my regular boot camp style class last week & I have to modify some stuff, no crunches or sit up for 3 more months.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:35 AM   #1722
Big Yapper!!!!

Kathy- I would imagine it does take a while to heal from all of that! I had 2 c/s and my abs killed for so long. Cough, laugh...even getting out of bed! All killed me! Are you glad you did it? I bet you are! How cool! You should check out Melanie's thread on her recent surgery-onedism. She and buttah just had tts done. it's very tempting!!

Starting vlcds today. I guess this would be day 28? 164.4 this morning! I did a mini load yesterday-started as an egg day then I had some ham, and some cheesecake bites, and a Cadbury egg . I won't be able to enjoy much in the next few weeks so I wanted to make sure I was content going back to "diet food". So far, so good. Gonna walk with my friend this morning . Should be a good day!
Old 04-22-2014, 08:51 AM   #1723
Major LCF Poster!

Yes!! I'm glad I did it..I had a definite apron of skin on my stomach....bad! But to be honest it just makes me want every part of my body fixed now.

I actually came across her surgery journey on a PS website that I am addicted to. I wish I could afford the full transformation she is getting ! She is looking awesome

I hope you enjoyed your Cadbury egg.....yuck. I guess I am just not a sweets kinda girl. I skipped the gym today and opted to get some garden work done. Enjoy your walk
Old 04-22-2014, 12:03 PM   #1724
Big Yapper!

Old 04-23-2014, 08:55 AM   #1725
Big Yapper!!!!

Day 1 back on plan under my belt. It was an odd day, out most of it, got a massage and saw my chiro for my neck and I'm still down. I never did buy that lotion absorption thing. Down 2 lbs to 162. LDW from before my PI was 161.6, so I'm almost back to LDW. Should be there or lower by tomorrow. I'd love for this "cycling" thing to work. Hopefully I can check out that video (suzanne something?) and be inspired.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:20 AM   #1726
Big Yapper!!!!

Down to 161.2 this morning. I will confess i was hoping for more. but, I'll take it! considering i was up to 164 the other day and feel pretty good, I can't complain.

took dd(13) to the dentist yesterday and she has 9 cavities! up to 4 of them may be root canals which will then need crowns!!! so, worst case it could be $4000, give or take. So, after i calmed down, and hours later when dh calmed down, we recognize that it's only money...but man!!! she has clearly not been brushing her teeth well, which is why we're so angry. oh the many joys of parenting!

Anyway, I feel pretty good. I get a bit lightheaded, but that's fine. Im keeping on and we will see where we land.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:31 AM   #1727
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Oh my goodness! That's terrible for your DD to need root canals. Does she eat a lot of candy/pop? Poor kid!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:34 AM   #1728
Big Yapper!

Holy smokes! Yeah, that's more than not brushing well. It's sugary stuff that does your teeth in. OMG, Julie. How painful (for all of you) it will be for her to undergo that many root canals. Will they do them all at once? She's going to need serious pain meds and lots of rest to get through that. Maybe they can do them in stages. I wonder which would be better? Lot's of pain in one shot or medium pain over and over again for weeks. I guess I'd want it all done on one day.

Best of luck with this round, Julie. I wonder how far you'll get. How long will this one be? Have a good day, sweetie.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:44 AM   #1729
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Down to 161.2 this morning. I will confess i was hoping for more. but, I'll take it! considering i was up to 164 the other day and feel pretty good, I can't complain.

took dd(13) to the dentist yesterday and she has 9 cavities! up to 4 of them may be root canals which will then need crowns!!! so, worst case it could be $4000, give or take. So, after i calmed down, and hours later when dh calmed down, we recognize that it's only money...but man!!! she has clearly not been brushing her teeth well, which is why we're so angry. oh the many joys of parenting!

Anyway, I feel pretty good. I get a bit lightheaded, but that's fine. Im keeping on and we will see where we land.
Are you kidding me Julie??? OMG That is more than what we paid for my son to have braces. At least he has an awesome smile now But holy cow My news this week (or rather last week) pales in comparison--my DD (she is 13 too and also plays volleyball ) needs glasses. They cost $125. We were all about that
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:48 AM   #1730
Big Yapper!

Hey Julie, I just thought about your proximity to Mexico and how Deb and her hubby always go down there for dentistry. You should look into that! It might cost you half that amount. Deb says their great! Deb, tell her!
Old 04-24-2014, 09:51 AM   #1731
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Hey Julie, I just thought about your proximity to Mexico and how Deb and her hubby always go down there for dentistry. You should look into that! It might cost you half that amount. Deb says their great! Deb, tell her!
Good idea. My friend had her DH's dental work (extensive) done in Costa Rica I believe, or it might have been Belize, but it was out of country because it IS cheaper.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:27 AM   #1732
Big Yapper!

What a great excuse to go to Belize or Costa Rica! If I could afford to go to either of those places, I could afford dental work at home. I hear both of those places are amazing. I'm glad they were able to make the trip and also get their teeth done while they were there.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:51 AM   #1733
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks girls, for the support and outrage . It was quite an unexpected shock! She'll get evaluated by an endodontist Tuesday and see what they think. I'm planning a second opinion. My friend was telling me yesterday about her friend with brain cancer and that research is linking it to root canals! this is the dd with the hip surgery last year, so I'm hoping to minimize any medical intervention for her. I can't picture how it'll go, but I'm praying and trusting God has a plan in all of this. IF she needs extensive work, it won't happen immediately. It'll be incremental.

VLCD4- I'm down a little more today, not nearly the large losses I dreamed of, but down is down. 160.6. I am sore from head to toe-I went back to my weight training class yesterday-bodypump, and forgot how hard and effective it is!, I really need to stick with it! I added a bit of extra protein yesterday for it. If I can incorporate weights back in while in P2, maybe it won't impact my stabilization in P3? Anyway, I'm content with the vlcds. I almost feel like I could do 3 full weeks, but not sure how that'd work? I'm taking it day by day. So far, so good. .

Happy Friday!! My MIL is flying home right now, my dd's have their last science lab of the year today, and my older dd, who has had very little recognition from her volleyball coaches this season, was asked personally to play in a 4-day tournament for them after the regular season ends. They've "noticed big improvements in her playing and want her to be a hitter for them"! she's worked really hard to come back from her misdiagnosed injury and surgery, and I'm so proud of her. (She's been brushing her teeth 3x a day since we got home from the dentist ).

Anyway, hope you all have great weekends! Ours should be nice and quiet!
Old 04-25-2014, 10:02 AM   #1734
Big Yapper!

Nice and quiet sounds very pleasant. I hope you get exactly that.

Great news about your older dd! I didn't realize that they both played volleyball. How do you do science labs and stuff when home schooling? I don't get how all that works. Let your achy muscles recover so you don't stall out on the scale. The little broken muscle fibers will be holding onto water while they repair themselves.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:57 AM   #1735
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-my older dd is the 13 yo. Both she and my younger dd play volleyball. The older one is more competive, but after her injury has had challenges getting back into competive play. Sorry if I confused everyone .

Update-weight up to 161.4 today, wlomst a whole lb up! Really annoyed that the scale is up this morning!! I stuck to plan really well yesterday!!

The only thing I can think of is the sore muscles from body pump 2 days ago? I really should be down more by now. I've taken 4 doses, 5 including today, and stuck to my vlcds the past 4 days very faithfully. I'm not convinced that the PI was such a valuable tool to my stubborn body's weight loss. Time will tell, and I will stick with it. I'm hopeful it's the exercise...but I need to keep that in my routine. Somewhere in the back of my mind I think the inevitable gain from exercise is better processed while in the vlcds portion than in the stabilization phase. I don't know that that is logical, given the low calories and low protein Im consuming. I'm considering supplementing with more protein like the quest bars or a shake. One day at a time.

Aside from that, looking forward to a nice weekend. Hope you are too!!
Old 04-26-2014, 03:05 PM   #1736
Major LCF Poster!

Julie- I think you may be on to something with the more strenuous exercise. I started back to my boot camp style class last Monday (3x/week) and my weight loss has pretty much came to a standstill I am really not ready to stop p2 but I think I might stop dosing on Wednesday. I'm getting a little discouraged. I love being back working out with my friends & don't want to give it up OR have to explain my hcg diet to them. My first 3 weeks on hcg I was just walking 30 minutes & doing the elliptical 30 minutes that didn't seem to affect my weight loss. ..my boot camp class is MUCH more challenging and leaves me sore ......down side is the scale!

I'm doing a GY day to see if the scale will move in the right direction. I hope your scale cooperates too!
Old 04-26-2014, 04:41 PM   #1737
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, btw, I was doing more research on the safety of root canals! scary stuff! I'm going to have to research alternative for dd if they determine she will need them. Linked to brain cancer, kidney disease, heart disease, arthritis, etc. scary stuff, as I have 3!!!

Kathy-yes, in looking back I do tend to gain when I work out, cardio isn't usually as much of a problem. But the weighs, and any time we're sore, we can expect the scale to fluctuate... Still stinks .even though I "know" this, it's still annoying!
Old 04-26-2014, 05:16 PM   #1738
Big Yapper!

So wild about root canals and the side effects. I'm going to have to research it myself, now. Look what you started! Sorry about the scale but I kind of called it. When you said how sore you were all over, I guessed you'd have a bad scale day (or two.) Instead of all these strenuous classes, why don't you just do some good old-fashioned push ups and squats and lunges with no weights? Do bicep curls holding a jug of milk. This is a case of "less is more."
Old 04-27-2014, 08:46 AM   #1739
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-yes, you were right. those are moves i do in that class, btw, but the weights I did weren't very heavy yet. It's the number of reps I think? Either way there will be some scale stress as I get back to it, so figured I'd tackle it now and hope the hcg and low cals will help minimize it .

Happy Sunday! It's gotten nice and cool here (was in the upper 90's last week already!) and we are loving the weather! The scale was really kind this morning, after being up yesterday. I don't know if I can trust it (it's the new scale, and now I'm wondering if yesterday's weight was accurate?). It said 158.5, which is almost -3 from yesterday! I'm not complaining, I'm thrilled, but not sure I buy it. I did weigh an hour later too.

I've had 2 doses of the new hcg, my cals were almost 700 yesterday-I added a serving of 0% GY and had a quest bar yesterday since I was hungry and thought the protein would help. I had P2 chili for the first time in ages, and most of all, I'm less sore today. Whatever the cause, I'll take it.

And, as an aside, my temp was 98.1 today, which is very high for hypothyroid me! I use it to gauge my metabolic health and give me some indication of whether this diet is harming my metabolism (not a guarantee, but an indicator). So that was encouraging!!

All in all a good day!! We're gonna go listen to Nick Foles a qb for the Eagles who is speaking at a local church today, for something different. Planning to go enjoy this beautiful weather while it lasts!
Old 04-27-2014, 10:51 AM   #1740
Big Yapper!

Have a great day!