CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2014, 08:19 AM   #1652
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
I'm doing some thinking and planning. Mostly reflecting on how I got here to this weight again, and how to prevent that from happening again.

The key seems to be, longer term maintenance, is basically keeping my lifestyle lower carb forever. It is the way of the successful long term maintainers. Yes, I recognize this is not a revelation to most of us here at LCF. But i have somewhat railed against this idea. I still haven't seen one who's transitioned back to a higher carb diet and maintained with ease.

I'll wrap my head around it hopefully soon, and accept it, and even look forward to maintaining lower carb with occasional indulgence. Similar to what Pandora and Debby do, watching calories will come into the equation too. I know I will still vacation and celebrate, but maybe I can learn that theses indulgences can be a splurge at a meal here or there, not a week long frenzy! I would then go back to clean LC for lifelong stability. Hopefully I'll be able to workout consistently and that'll help too?! Absorbing that the next few weeks .

First week over, down to 167.4 today, off to start vlcd8! I think that's exactly 10lbs from where I began last Sunday. I am pleased with that. I'd love to be down 10 more in the next few weeks, but also know from experience that it's not going to be likely. But, with the gain being mostly in the past 2 months, and with adding back in more exercise again (I'll do more cardio for now) I'm hoping it'll help. I do tend to gain weight while exercising initially, but am hoping my body "remembers" the exercise, and won't do that! going to do Combat tomorrow, lower intensity though, then hoping for Zumba tues and Wednesday, and pump on Thurs.

Sorry to be so chatty again, but I've been reading, thinking and praying about settling this portion of my weight loss journey. I'm thrilled that I've been so successful at maintaining the 100lb loss for over 10 years now, and don't want to minimize that success. I'm just looking forward to being able to get back to the "healthy" weight range for my height and staying there!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:46 AM   #1653
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
You dropped the first 100 lbs 10 years ago? I didn't realize that. Well, to you! I like your revelations and just you stop that apologizing about being chatty on your own journal. Or anywhere for that matter. This is what we do here.

That's a lot of exercise, girl. Not sure why you want to go whole-hog into it again while you are taking in so few calories. That's a big no-no on the plan so it might do the exact opposite of what you want it to. Go for brisk walks or go hiking. Ride a bike around a park or some other pretty place. Save the sweating-your-@$$-off for maintenance. Don't you think that's the wise way to go?

You've never done the Rx kind of hcg. You don't know what can be achieved so don't be thinking that you're going to slow down to "trickle losses" after this first week. Don't limit yourself in your mind like that. Just ride it out and see how far it can take you.

Old 03-24-2014, 11:08 AM   #1654
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Cheryl-I won't limit my options, and hope I won't slow down. Not sure about the exercise. I feel like I've rested long enough, but maybe the exercise will keep the scale moving? If it messes me up or I feel unwell I'll scale it way back . No worries.

Update- VLCD9
I went back to the gym today! I took my combat (kickboxing) class and did pretty well! I had to lower the intensity a bit here and there, and modified the sit ups for my neck, but I'm really pleased with it! I ate a quest bar afterwards, and plan to add those as needed (I was feeling a bit lightheaded). I forgot to take my hcg before I went, so I just took it now. Not hungry and feeling good! I'm happy!! Zumba tomorrow and Wed. and then I'm hoping to do pump on Thursday. If I can get my 4 day routine re-established while losing a bit, I'll be thrilled. If I can't swing it, I'll just take a walk instead. I'd like to keep some type of activity as a "normal" part of my life, and have become sedentary far too easily after this accident!

What do you think about upping the protein and cals a bit on workout days? I've been coming in about 400-450cals this first week, but don't think I'll be able to do my classes on that low level. The Quest bars are 20g of protein for about 170cals, tough to beat. Convenient too! I'll be around 558cals and 58g of protein for the day…I think that should not hurt the scale. We will see

Down to 167 even, so only -0.4. I'll confess I expect a bit more loss on 450cals, but I'll be mixing things up today w. some GB P2 chili and the workouts and quest bar. Not sure what it'll do, but I also know a stall is inevitable-sometimes week2, sometimes week 3. I'll take it as it comes. 125iu dose is doing well. Content .
Old 03-25-2014, 07:21 AM   #1655
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm stuck. 166.8. -0.2 I'll admit some slight soreness in my arms, but I did well with my calories -560 yesterday. It's probably just the normal week 2 slow down. I've been in this range for 3 days now. I'm fine. I've never done an apple day and won't do one this round either. i understand it takes time and the Scale loss isnt a straight line.
I'm off to Zumba this morning . The fat will have to go eventually .
Old 03-25-2014, 11:06 AM   #1656
Big Yapper!!!!

I took an hour walk with my neighbor instead of Zumba today. She was really sore from combat yesterday . We're going to ease back into the intensity a bit, and that's good. We'll Zumba tomorrow. I'll probably leave it at that for this week. Then we're going away to Sedona for the weekend, where I'll be hiking each day. That'll count too, but is so much more fun than an indoor exercise.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:53 PM   #1657
Big Yapper!

Sedona! *sigh* Well, take it all in for me! I'm glad you are going to ease off the strenuous exercise. You stall when you're eating way more calories when you exercise. You know that's your pattern, so why do you think it won't happen when you're barely eating anything at all? Just let your body deal with what's in front of it for now and don't expect it to work miracles. Your homeostatic mechanisms are going to work that much harder to keep you from losing your stored fuel.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:56 PM   #1658
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
You dropped the first 100 lbs 10 years ago? I didn't realize that. Well, to you! I like your revelations and just you stop that apologizing about being chatty on your own journal. Or anywhere for that matter. This is what we do here.

That's a lot of exercise, girl. Not sure why you want to go whole-hog into it again while you are taking in so few calories. That's a big no-no on the plan so it might do the exact opposite of what you want it to. Go for brisk walks or go hiking. Ride a bike around a park or some other pretty place. Save the sweating-your-@$$-off for maintenance. Don't you think that's the wise way to go?

You've never done the Rx kind of hcg. You don't know what can be achieved so don't be thinking that you're going to slow down to "trickle losses" after this first week. Don't limit yourself in your mind like that. Just ride it out and see how far it can take you.

I forgot to comment on this...yes, I lost my first 100 lbs with just Atkins back in 2003-2004...read the book in the hospital after delivering dd(10) . I was able to get down to 175 and there I stuck. My body has maintained there relatively easily. It's convincing it to go lower than that that's given me a fit! but not giving up!

Hope you're doing well. You should be due for a work break soon! Hope all is well .
Old 03-25-2014, 02:52 PM   #1659
Big Yapper!

That's so cool. Atkins works! Especially if you are doing it faithfully the first go-round and not taking cheat breaks. Each time you give up and start eating carby foods again and then try LC once more, your body gets better at knowing how to work around what you're doing. Smart cells! I hate that.

Yes, I'm on a break now. I don't know if it will be a four-day break but as it stands now, that's how it's supposed to be. Too many variables with the new people. One out sick already, the other about to leave the nest but there is some concern that she can "cut the mustard." (Odd saying, isn't it?)

Gloom has moved into CT and that means the storm approacheth. Good time to have a block of days off! Please, Lord. Let's keep it that way.

, Julie!
Old 03-26-2014, 07:55 AM   #1660
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-hope this storm is your last snow of the season! Glad you'll be off for it at least!

Update for accountability:
Vlcd11 and I STS again, 166.8...week 2 stall is official! Could be the exercise, could be irregular elimination , could be normal stall for me in week 2 -I'm going with the last one btw...I'll keep on keeping on! It does start to mess with my head though. I start to second guess anything I changed this week, like that quest bar I had on Monday, or the P2 chili I've added in the past few nights (had only chicken before that), or the exercise I'm getting back to...but I know better. I just need to stay the course, make good decisions, and practice patience . I did add a splash of hnh to my morning coffee...I thought it might make me more satisfied during Zumba in hour .
Old 03-26-2014, 06:38 PM   #1661
Big Yapper!

Keep your chin up, girl. You're not in the 170's anymore!!! That alone is a great thing. You couldn't get out of that decade for how long? I already voiced my 2 cents about the gym classes so I will give no more suggestions. If you're not hungry and sticking to your plan, you'll do fine. Maybe stick to unprocessed food. (Oops. There I go again.)
Old 03-27-2014, 07:34 AM   #1662
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-your advice is always welcome. It's always accompanied by your support . You understand how it works. We make decisions and have seasons where we're in the zone and when we're not. It's a lifelong battle and trying to stay committed without becoming unhealthily obsessed is a challenge!

I'm down a bit this morning -0.6 to 166.2. I did add hnh to my coffee yesterday, had a quest bar for "dinner" at 4:30 since I was starving, and had half a hamburger with mustard at 8:30. And odd day to be sure, and I did my Zumba class, saw my chiro and had a massage. definitely not a Simeon's day , but I feel pretty good and am pleased. I feel smaller.

We're going to Sedona for the weekend, so no scale, less control on eating out (even though I'm packing my strawberries, apples, lunch meat and even frozen dinner options) I know I'll be at restaurants a lot. I feel confident it'll be ok. We will be hiking a bit, but that'll be fine too. Maybe I'll come back to a nice whoosh? We shall see. I'm looking forward to a few days to soak in the beauty of
God's creation, relax with my family, and unplug a bit.

Hope you all have a great weekend if I'm not online much .
Old 03-27-2014, 11:45 AM   #1663
Big Yapper!

I would say I hope you have a wonderful time there but that's a given. Always tricky to socialize or travel on a round of hcg but you can do it. Make sure you bring enough of the shots and stuff so you don't have to miss a dose. (Yes, Mother.) My Mom always gives me helpful advice like that. Like we wouldn't have remembered to do that if not reminded.

Down 0.6 is great! Not weighing all weekend could be great, too. Focus on your family and just being "in the beauty of God's creation", as you said. That will decrease stress, decrease Cortisol levels, and you will drop the weight like a rock in a pond.

So, "You be good, young lady!" Enjoy your day. (A massage and a chiro? You must be feeling grrrrrrrrreeaaattttttttttttttt!)
Old 03-27-2014, 04:35 PM   #1664
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Have a great time Julie!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:39 AM   #1665
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl- at your motherly advice . Thanks! I packed everything and was a good girl, ate all but 1 meal from what I brought with me, which is quite an accomplishment!! it is just so beautiful up there and we love it!

Debby-thanks! We did!

We're home. We had a lovely, relaxing and fun weekend. Even my dd's and dh were saying how good it was that the 4 of us got away and spent time together, just us , which is a bit surprising coming from a 10 and 13 y.o.. We hiked, walked, shopped, swam, played in the creek, played tennis, mini golf, bocce ball and horseshoes . We were outside all weekend and it did get a bit chilly (for me at last, 55-60 deg at times) and it was really perfect weather overall.

I did weigh in this morning, and am down a bit to 164.4. Considering I was stalled all last week, I'll take it. Of course it would be nice to be down lower , but it's still -13 from where I started, so on vlcd16, I'm content with that. I'm planning to make next Friday my LDD, so that 10 days should give me enough time to lose a little more.

Metabolism wise-I took my temp this morning and it was 97.4, which made me happy . My hands and feet are warm, which is a sign of healthy metabolism, and not always typical for me. I did reduce the amount of water I was drinking a a bit this weekend, just out of convenience. Wonder if that is a factor in it too?

In all, doing well and happy. Hope you all are too!
Old 04-01-2014, 12:26 PM   #1666
Big Yapper!

Down 13 in 16? Can't beat that! So glad you had such an awesome time in Sedona. I would have been in heaven at those temps and in that environment. You played a lot of games and stuff! And you did great with your eating.

Have a great day, Julie. KUTGW.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:58 AM   #1667
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks! IT was lovely!

I'm doing well. I feel content which is nice on VLCD18 . I'm normally a 3 week protocol girl, and squeaking out that last few days, but I think so much of it is mental. I've been psyching myself up the whole time to go as long as possible (next Friday I hope) and I think waiting for my supplies to start the round added to my willingness to go longer? Either way I hope this feeling lasts a while longer. If the scale stalls again I may lose this loose grip on contentment but so far, so good . Down -0.6 to 163.8 this morning. I'll take it .
Old 04-02-2014, 09:03 AM   #1668
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/127/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Thanks! IT was lovely!

I'm doing well. I feel content which is nice on VLCD18 . I'm normally a 3 week protocol girl, and squeaking out that last few days, but I think so much of it is mental. I've been psyching myself up the whole time to go as long as possible (next Friday I hope) and I think waiting for my supplies to start the round added to my willingness to go longer? Either way I hope this feeling lasts a while longer. If the scale stalls again I may lose this loose grip on contentment but so far, so good . Down -0.6 to 163.8 this morning. I'll take it .
Glad your trip went well. I say if mentally you want to go longer just go for it. Some of my best rounds were the longer ones because I was so mentally into it. I think that mental readiness doesn't come along necessarily when we want it either. 163.8 here's to seeing the 150's !!
pandora174 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:27 AM   #1669
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Pandora! I do feel in the "zone" but of course would love the scale to drop faster. At least I feel thinner!

Vlcd19-STS 163.8. Dose 125iu. I feel good. Always wish for a smaller number on the scale, but that's the lifelong dieter in me .

My temp was 97.8 this morning! that's really high for me!! Considering I've been eating around 500cals/day for nearly 3 weeks in a row, it's quite astounding actually!! I've been worried about causing further damage to my metabolism, and if temp is any indication, it looks like I may be doing ok! I'm really encouraged about it. I am watching the water more these days, I tend to really drink a LOT of water-we are all told to do it! But from my research it can have a negative impact on our cellular metabolism. So, watching that and increasing my salt seems to be helping . Fwiw-my own personal pursuit, I know it's strange to most, but as for data and general health, I'm encouraged!
Old 04-03-2014, 05:12 PM   #1670
Big Yapper!

That's great, Julie! Sounds like you can't be doing any harm to yourself if your temps are so good. Keep on keepin' on, girl!

What is your over-all impression of the Rx type vs the homeopathic pellets or drops? Is it worth poking yourself with a needle once a day?
Old 04-03-2014, 07:41 PM   #1671
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So glad you're feeling good Julie.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:21 AM   #1672
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-I sure hope that's the case! I can't know for sure, but my body temp has coincided with my metabolic rate, as far as I can tell-and I've been tracking it for a while now...but I'm sure it's not the whole picture. I will say that the Rx will be the only way I would do this protocol again. Much easier than the hhcg, it really doesn't "feel" like I'm only eating 500-600 cals a day. It's been a good round, I look and feel good, I'm losing fat not muscle, I am very pleased overall.

Debby-thanks! I know you are concerned about the hcg, so I really appreciate your post and support .

I'm feeling good! It's vlcd20 and I had a nice drop of -1.2 last night. , but I'll take it! I was not expecting that! I did sts the day before, but was starting to think my body had adjusted to the weight and was settling in for a LDW. I went to a late movie-10pm showing of Capt. America, and my tummy rumbled through most of it . It was a good movie, and fun crowd .

Not too much planned this weekend, which is fine with me! Doing some Spring cleaning with my in laws coming next week, and dd(10) has her first vball game of her new season on Sat. Trying another new church Sunday, and I'm excited about this one. Dh, not as much , but my AZ BFF just started going there, they have great youth programs, and are sound doctrinally...I really hope dh will keep an open mind and give it a fair try. I'd like to settle in somewhere soon...I feel too nomadic, I need riots and a home .

Have a great weekend friends!!
Old 04-04-2014, 09:01 AM   #1673
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Praying that you find a place to put your roots down.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:46 AM   #1674
Big Yapper!

You need riots? I'm so happy this round has and is going along so well for you, aside from the tummy rumbles at the movies. The church sounds very promising! I hope it is everything you are looking for and more.

If you have enough Rx hcg to keep going longer and nothing calendar-wise that will make it too difficult for you to stay on plan, I would just keep going. My first round was over 80 days long and that was my one and only time when I felt in the zone and I was just riding the wave. Stick with it! See how far you can go.

Happy for your whoosh! That's your reward for being faithful in "the lean times."
Old 04-04-2014, 12:30 PM   #1675
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bigmama
Stats: 309/287/?
WOE: Atkins/paleo
Start Date: March 2014
Do you mind me asking what hcg is? I just started atkins/ketosis. I'm so tired of being fat!
Bigmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:42 PM   #1676
Big Yapper!

Wow, bigmama. You'll have to google that. It's a large topic! Lots of hcg or homeopathic hcg threads here on LCF. Go to the home page, then click on "message boards" on the left hand side of the page, scroll down to HCG and there you have it. See if you can find some general threads where people are asking what you are asking and kick back and get ready for lots of reading.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:24 AM   #1677
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmama View Post
Do you mind me asking what hcg is? I just started atkins/ketosis. I'm so tired of being fat!
Like Cheryl said, it's a weight loss plan but a bit more complicated than just a simple diet to follow. If you do thread searches here at LCfs you'll find lots of info! Atkins is wonderful, and how I lost 100lbs 10 years ago. Glad you stopped by .

I am in the zone, and will probably make a decision after my MIL leaves whether to extend this round or do a longer break. Ideally I'd like to intensify my workouts again, and am not too excited to take another break in late May/June once I get back into that groove, so extending this round appeals on that level too. But, I'm not sure it'd produce more weight/fat loss. My body is very stubborn and decides when it's done, no matter how much I try to pursuade it otherwise . And at riots vs. roots! That's exactly what my girls need, riots at church .

Vlcd21-up 1.6!!!! 164.4 What!! that's a first!! I did weigh in early, right before 6:00, instead of 7-7:30 the previous day, and I really hope that's it!, I didn't cheat! Or exercise. Sigh. I'll ride it out, but the scale does impact my mental fortitude, and extending this round has less appeal if the weight/scale is going to bounce around like this? I'm committed through Friday, and then I'll need to stop dosing (out of hcg, and in laws arrive). I guess I'll try to do the 3 transition days with them here? I kind of forgot about that part!

That said, I was also considering a new scale...one that measures body fat too. If this one keeps saying unkind things to me, I may just do it!
Old 04-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #1678
Big Yapper!

That's it! It's the scale's fault. I'm laughing cause I bought a new scale when I was doing hcg and found that my old scale was bouncing all up and down. The new scale was rock-steady. If you need to stop the round for the MIL's visit, then just stop. You're running out of the shots? It's a no-brainer.

I know how much it sucks when the scale plays head games with you but chock it up to a full moon or something and don't sweat it. After your MIL goes, maybe start another round or just eat sensibly while working your butt off at the gym, like you enjoy doing.

And yes! No riots at church.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:01 AM   #1679
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Cheryl-I'll be looking do a new scale. This one must be exhausted after all these years!

Scale back down today...162.6, which is much nicer . Not sure what difference a little sleep makes, but I'm going with that . I still feel good! I get a bit lightheaded from time to time, which is typical and I'm not worried. It does keep me from exercising much lately (well, that and my crazy schedule!). I'm thinking I'll do my last injection Thursday and then play it by ear during the visit.

The other cool thing was my temp was 98.1 this morning!!! That's almost like a normal person!! I switched up my thyroid meds about 3 months ago, but I doubt it's from that? The only thing I can come up with to explain it is the hormone. I know I'm hormonally imbalanced and I know that contributes to my hypothyroid issues and the various challenges that accompany it-weight, fatigue, hair loss, dry skin, brain fog... But I am really happy with how I FEEL on the Rx hcg...my mind is clear, I have warm hands and feet, and my hair is NOT falling out! It's really amazing! (Not to mentione I'm losing actual fat, and reshaping!!) I don't know what the long term impact will be yet...but I now recognize how good I can feel . Hopefully, once I'm stable, and exercising and eating more again, I will be able to maintain this nice balance .

That's just for my own record keeping and journaling. I'm my own experiment , and don't mean to confuse or derail anyone along the way.

Happy Sunday! I'm excited to try this church today...dh said that he found out yesterday that our younger dd(10) [who has problems making and keeping (and being) good friends] has several teammates from her new volleyball team who attend this church...he's afraid I'll be even more excited for it b/c of this...and he's right . My BFF goes too. I really hope it works out .
Old 04-06-2014, 10:50 AM   #1680
Big Yapper!

That's great, Julie! Reshaping must feel wonderful. I hope the new church suits your hubby too. Sounds like it will work out well for the rest of you. Looking forward to hearing how it went.