Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2014, 03:38 PM   #1591
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hope you can get back to your normal exercise soon.

A couple days ago Dr Oz show had a guy talking about 2 days high carb diet & 5 days low-carb being a good way to keep your metabolism up... you might check out his site to see about that. Said its very effective for women.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2014, 04:08 PM   #1592
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hope you can get back to your normal exercise soon.

A couple days ago Dr Oz show had a guy talking about 2 days high carb diet & 5 days low-carb being a good way to keep your metabolism up... you might check out his site to see about that. Said its very effective for women.
I was just talking about thisin another thread. His name is Jorge Cruz and his book is "Happy Hormones Slim Belly". The clip should be posted on Dr Oz's website by now since it was just yesterday that he was on. I was more interested in the "no deprivation" part. I am so not doing well on hcg any longer because I feel so deprived, even if I am not I *feel* deprived and that is not good! So when I hear that it is a great plan for those women "of a certain age" my ears perked up. I want to have happy hormones
Old 02-20-2014, 04:44 PM   #1593
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
I was just talking about thisin another thread. His name is Jorge Cruz and his book is "Happy Hormones Slim Belly". The clip should be posted on Dr Oz's website by now since it was just yesterday that he was on. I was more interested in the "no deprivation" part. I am so not doing well on hcg any longer because I feel so deprived, even if I am not I *feel* deprived and that is not good! So when I hear that it is a great plan for those women "of a certain age" my ears perked up. I want to have happy hormones
Great! I was hoping someone knew it... I would of searched it out, but can't do videos on my net. It did sound good, especially because he said you'd keep that low carb feeling of low hunger from the low days.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:55 PM   #1594

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Ugh!! I always spell his name wrong. It is Jorge Cruise (why would I think he is the same as Tom Cruise LOL??) . So sorry. If you want to search his books on Amazon, you have to have the correct spelling!
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:42 PM   #1595
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
I'd like happy hormones too!! Thanks for the info!!
dawn! Sorry hcg is wearing thin...I just can't do another round...it's not having any lasting results for me . I've gained back all my hcg losses . I'm back to LC since that's my favorite woe. Once I'm down to the 160's at least I can mix things up a bit.

Debby-thx! I miss the harder exercise...I'm walking at least in the meantime. It would help to increase the intensity, but not yet.

Dr wants me to see his associate a different dr on Tuesday-possible injection? We'll see about that. But, my neck is still giving me restricted motion and pain . Not unbearable, but not good either. Sigh.

Aside from that all good. Dh is home and adjusting to the real world again, my moms doing well, girls are good. I'm thankful .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:52 PM   #1596
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ewww... injections... Hope you get relief soon.
I enjoy 'new' diets... just find them motivating for focus... seem to learn something from every one. Happy you're going for moderation.
Interesting thing I discovered today, I was miscounting my prunes... so I've been eating more calories than I thought. Which makes me happy, actually... cause I've been having a hard time eating more. Doing fine on more carbs too.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:58 AM   #1597
Big Yapper!!!!

Debby-glad your cals are higher than you thought...it's always challenging to maintain and yet keep upping the calories. If you're already eating at a highe level and maintaining? That's a bonus!

I'm sticking with LC. I'm up a bit this mornings but maybe it's water gain from the massage and adjustment yesteray? I feel so puffy from the bad eating I expected the scale to drop quickly and easily once back to LC. I guess it's more "real" weight than I had hoped. Oh well, either way, it's got to go! I'm sticking with LC, despite the 40th bday party tomorrow for my dear friend, and despite the all day volleyball tournament... I've LCed enough over the years to navigate these events easily. It's harder to do low cal for me, so I'm back to my familiar routine. I am hoping that I can actually lose some weight on LC. That'll be the goal, but I'm not convinced it'll work.

As an aside, my temps are definitely lower on LC. 96's the past 3 days, , since dropping my carbs down again. Sigh. I guess I can't have it all...but maybe once I'm back to the right weight/size I can up my carbs without going totally overboard. One day at a time for now .
Old 02-21-2014, 11:49 AM   #1598
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I'm sorry you need an injection and an adjustment, Julie. Welcome back to LC! I'm doing it right now, too. The losses are slow but they are inevitable if you stick to the plan. It's a lifestyle, not a diet. Right? Right.

Stay strong at the party. You can do it.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:55 PM   #1599
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Funny how returning to low carb feels so incredibly comfortable, like sliding into your comfiest old clothes! I'm with you--I can low carb without even thinking about it--parties, restaurants, you name it and I have a coping skill for it! Should be very relaxing for you to just go with it!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:46 PM   #1600
Big Yapper!

How are you doing, Jessica? I hope all is going smoothly. If not, there's always LC! It's slow-going but it's getting me there and I don't feel like I need to throw in the towel (yet.) I have a moment here and there when I'm in a mood when I just want a pizza delivered to my door, but I resist.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:56 PM   #1601
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I'm sorry you need an injection and an adjustment, Julie. Welcome back to LC! I'm doing it right now, too. The losses are slow but they are inevitable if you stick to the plan. It's a lifestyle, not a diet. Right? Right.

Stay strong at the party. You can do it.
The party was fun, and I was pretty good overall, some wine (1 glass) and 2 small tortillas, but I skipped the cake and innumerable other temptations....so I'll call that a success! LC is satisfying overall, but there are times I'd love something like toast or pizza, but I've been making a quick breve latte on my espressos machine and it helps a bit. Not sure all that hnh helps the scale though .

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Funny how returning to low carb feels so incredibly comfortable, like sliding into your comfiest old clothes! I'm with you--I can low carb without even thinking about it--parties, restaurants, you name it and I have a coping skill for it! Should be very relaxing for you to just go with it!
Exactly!! Almost like I'm just eating "normally" since it's so familiar. If only it'll work and allow me back to the low 150's in a few months. I'm not shooting for the 140's anymore, I'll be content to be fit and in the mid or low 150's...but even that feel far away right now. It'll happen . Glad you're doing well!

Good massage today-she attached my neck! I'm thiking I'll be bruised later...but it seems a good deal of force is needed to get these knots and crunches out! Making progress. I'll see the dr tomorrow and see what she says about returning to exercise. It's already feeling like a distant memory and I don't want that to happen. It took make month to make it a routine and I'm afraid I'm slipping back out of the habit

Scale stuck at 172!! but better than where I started last week I guess...
Old 02-24-2014, 01:03 PM   #1602
Big Yapper!!!!

Duplicate post

Last edited by julieboolie; 02-24-2014 at 01:06 PM..
Old 02-24-2014, 01:23 PM   #1603

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
OH Julie, so sorry you are struggling.. ugh, it is an ongoing thing huh? I got myself a body bugg (data arm band like on the biggest loser) for around $65 and have worn it for 4 days now.. OMG.. the information I am getting is really explaining why I can't lose much.

I am only burning around 2100-2300 a day WITH exercise.. So I have to eat so much less to even lose a pound than ever before. I am mad.. Getting older, and a metabolism that sucks, makes it much more difficult.

I also am finding that my sleep is only at 60% efficiency so I am basically laying in bed not sleeping for 40% of my night! just really bad. I need to do something different, or I will never get to where I want to be.

I just wanted to let you know you are not alone!!
Old 02-24-2014, 05:27 PM   #1604
Big Yapper!

I've looked into buying a Body bug before. I was wondering the same thing. I'd like to wear it on a typical slovenly day like the ones I spend on the computer and then sleeping for 8-10 hours and see what I'm actually burning doing nothing much at all, then compare it to how much I burn when I'm working a day at the farm. I need to know what my "baseline" is. I'm middle-aged and postmenopausal, too.

Julie, !! I'm glad she worked on your neck like that. I hope it doesn't hurt worse tomorrow, though. Do you have a heating pad? Maybe some muscle rub like that stinky Ben-Gay stuff? Those help a lot if you can get past the stench. I like Aspercreme. Actually, I prefer the generic kind over the name brand.

I hope you can get back into the habit of exercise before too long. I understand what you are talking about, being afraid you'll lose your momentum. You'll get back into it when you're able. You really enjoy those classes so you have all the energy of doing the moves with all the other people, as opposed to just riding a stationary bike off in some corner of the gym, watching some soap opera on the tv across the room.

If you really crave pizza, just scalp a couple pieces! Get the toppings that you really want, and pull the good stuff off the top and toss the bread in the garbage. Or save it for the dog. He'll thank you later. There's a little sugar in the sauce but once in a while, it's not bad. I know others really enjoy the cauliflower crust pizzas but I never really attempted those. Have you?

I think having regained what I lost and now slowly relosing again (as you are), I'm finding that set points are everywhere. But you know what? They can't outlast a strong will and determination to stick to plan. Stay the course and they will let you go. It's taking a long time for me but I'm heading in the right direction again. I feel good about it. (Please, no accolades! You know I do so much better without any praise. Just know I'm fighting the good fight right along with you.)

Have a good night. It's trash night and I have to force myself to get dressed and drag the cans to the curb. It's freaking cold here again. Going down to around 13 tonight. It was so WINDY at the farm today. It almost howled. ENOUGH already!
Old 02-24-2014, 09:19 PM   #1605
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope the appointment went well. Glad you're sticking to your LC.
My entire wt. loss this last time was slow... like 1/4 to 1/2 lb a week. But slow got me there & sure made me realize how expensive (time-wise) falling off is. Mostly because its harder for hypo-thyroids to lose wt.
Hope you're released to exercise soon.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:41 AM   #1606
Big Yapper!

Hi Julie, Jessica, Debby, and everybody else who's following Julie's journal! Have a very blessed day.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:26 AM   #1607
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
OH Julie, so sorry you are struggling.. ugh, it is an ongoing thing huh? I got myself a body bugg (data arm band like on the biggest loser) for around $65 and have worn it for 4 days now.. OMG.. the information I am getting is really explaining why I can't lose much.

I am only burning around 2100-2300 a day WITH exercise.. So I have to eat so much less to even lose a pound than ever before. I am mad.. Getting older, and a metabolism that sucks, makes it much more difficult.

I also am finding that my sleep is only at 60% efficiency so I am basically laying in bed not sleeping for 40% of my night! just really bad. I need to do something different, or I will never get to where I want to be.

I just wanted to let you know you are not alone!!
Thanks for stopping in and sharing that! I've been wondering if it was the exercise....I never really lost from it, but I wasn't doing LC at that time either, and am now noticing the scale isn't budging. Hopefully it'll pick up for us both!,

Quote:
I've looked into buying a Body bug before. I was wondering the same thing. I'd like to wear it on a typical slovenly day like the ones I spend on the computer and then sleeping for 8-10 hours and see what I'm actually burning doing nothing much at all, then compare it to how much I burn when I'm working a day at the farm. I need to know what my "baseline" is. I'm middle-aged and postmenopausal, too.

Julie, !! I'm glad she worked on your neck like that. I hope it doesn't hurt worse tomorrow, though. Do you have a heating pad? Maybe some muscle rub like that stinky Ben-Gay stuff? Those help a lot if you can get past the stench. I like Aspercreme. Actually, I prefer the generic kind over the name brand.

I hope you can get back into the habit of exercise before too long. I understand what you are talking about, being afraid you'll lose your momentum. You'll get back into it when you're able. You really enjoy those classes so you have all the energy of doing the moves with all the other people, as opposed to just riding a stationary bike off in some corner of the gym, watching some soap opera on the tv across the room.

If you really crave pizza, just scalp a couple pieces! Get the toppings that you really want, and pull the good stuff off the top and toss the bread in the garbage. Or save it for the dog. He'll thank you later. There's a little sugar in the sauce but once in a while, it's not bad. I know others really enjoy the cauliflower crust pizzas but I never really attempted those. Have you?

I think having regained what I lost and now slowly relosing again (as you are), I'm finding that set points are everywhere. But you know what? They can't outlast a strong will and determination to stick to plan. Stay the course and they will let you go. It's taking a long time for me but I'm heading in the right direction again. I feel good about it. (Please, no accolades! You know I do so much better without any praise. Just know I'm fighting the good fight right along with you.)

Have a good night. It's trash night and I have to force myself to get dressed and drag the cans to the curb. It's freaking cold here again. Going down to around 13 tonight. It was so WINDY at the farm today. It almost howled. ENOUGH already!
Brrrr!! That's got to end soon, right? Thanks for the encouragement!! I really appreciate it! It's good to know you're fighting right along with me and be reminded to stay determined . I grow weary when I'm not immediately rewarded .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hope the appointment went well. Glad you're sticking to your LC.
My entire wt. loss this last time was slow... like 1/4 to 1/2 lb a week. But slow got me there & sure made me realize how expensive (time-wise) falling off is. Mostly because its harder for hypo-thyroids to lose wt.
Hope you're released to exercise soon.
It did. I'll go see the chiro and massage therapist today and hope she'll be able to eliminate a few of these knots...I forget how hard real weight loss is. Hcg really messed up my head. Thanks for the encouragement .

You guys are the best! I really needed a reminder and encouragement today! The scale is up to 173.5 after dong clean LC all week! I was so sure it'd be down to 170 or below by now, since I only recently bumped up here to the 170's (where I promised myself I'd never go!). Sigh. I'm confident the hard workouts were helping me at least maintain there...and hope I'll be allowed back to them next week. I could be doing the elliptical, but it's tough to want to go to the gym and do that. I haven't even walked this week yet as it's been unusually busy! But, back to the dr today, and maybe I can fit a walk in too. I'd love these trigger point injections to be successful...they sound like the right solution, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Thanks again girls. I'll stick with LC, and give it more time. I was toying with dropping it and going back to higher carb lower cals again, but 1 week with not exercise, really isn't a fair assessment.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:49 AM   #1608
Big Yapper!

Old 02-27-2014, 10:41 AM   #1609
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/130-134/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Hang in there Julie ! Hang in there. Particularly if you're in pain and the scale will be a bit higher I think until everything heals. Feel better soon..

Last edited by pandora174; 02-27-2014 at 10:42 AM..
pandora174 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:14 AM   #1610
Big Yapper!!!!

Hello!

Sorry to be Mia! Life here got a bit crazy. Dh sold his car, so we're driving one another places, and borrowing my moms car here and there, dd has 5 days of vball or training, I'm still seeing the dr 2x a week, and then I saw the dentist yesterday who wants me to pay $1100 for a root canal and crown! yeah, no, that's not gonna happen. So I need to figure something else out. Sigh.

I'm still in the 170's and LC isn't budding the scale. Planning to head back to the gum, as my most recent injections really have helped . But, with the car craziness it's tough to swing! Gah!

Anyway, just touching base to let you know I'm alive and kicking. Hope you're all doing well!
Old 03-05-2014, 11:18 AM   #1611
Big Yapper!

Dang it. Well, at least you're in AZ! I hope things turn around rapidly. Enjoy the gym, sweetie.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:36 AM   #1612

Good to hear from you Julie! I hope you feel better and do what works for YOU!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:28 PM   #1613
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Dh sold his car, so we're driving one another places, and borrowing my moms car here and there, dd has 5 days of vball or training, I'm still seeing the dr 2x a week, and then I saw the dentist yesterday who wants me to pay $1100 for a root canal and crown! yeah, no, that's not gonna happen. So I need to figure something else out. Sigh.
Woah! Is DH getting another car? That's hard...
Go to Mexico... I can give you some Dentists if you need them... will save you a BUNDLE! And they're really good!
Hope things get better for you.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:22 PM   #1614
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks girls!

Debby-I may need that tinfo. I'll pm you if so. Thanks so much!!

Cheryl-thanks!

I'm getting a second opinion tomorrow and the receptionist was great on the phone. I hope they'll be able to take care of it. I'm at least glad to be able to get another option.

The car thing and all the driving around is tough. I am looking forward to a quieter weekend, but dd has a vball tournament all afternoon until 9pm. At least it's in town, only 25 minutes from home. That could be worse. I'm just kind of worn out from all the running. But, really, in the grand scheme of things, I have it so good! I am a bit chubbier than I'd like, but healthy and loved. I'm busy, but it always gets done and were doing great. Balance is key.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:47 AM   #1615
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy Friday!! I'm still a taxi service, but seem to be getting used to it!

I saw another dentist yesterday. I'll be going in on Thursday for my root canal and crown, they were $300 cheaper, and will do a payment plan for me. I'll get it done as the pain is worsening .

I took a nice 3 mile walk with my friend and puppy, it was a good way to start the day. Planning to head back to the gym Monday morning. Dd(13) has a f/u appt with her surgeon at 8, but I hope to make the 9:30 pump class after that . I need to get back into some type of routine!

I don't know why it surprises me that exercise was at least helping me maintain. Even with eating pretty mindfully, generally LC, and not too many calories. I'm stuck up here at 173.... A good 20 lbs more than I should be. Sigh.

I have ordered Rx hcg. i know, i know, i swore I'd never do another round.
But, I'm trying the Rx this time and maybe that'll work a bit better for me. Many have seen a much better appetite suppression and stabilization from the rx.

As restrictive as it is, with the appetite suppression, it's not that hard. And it's the only thing that has made the scale move for me in the past 3 years. Will it cause permanent metabolic damage in 3 weeks? I'm hoping not! I'm hoping that I'm in good enough shape now, and by using the Rx it'll do a better job at protecting my metabolism. Truthfully, any calorie restriction will cause a metabolism slow down...weight loss itself causes a metabolism slow down...I'm going to try to balance that with good exercise and upping the calories quickly once I'm done with the weight loss phase. That's my theory .

I'm choosing to believe/hoping that my stabilization troubles in past rounds were a combination of damaged metabolism from 10-15 years of constant dieting, as well as a mindset of indulgence that rebounded from too much deprivation for too long. Hopeful I've overcome some of these things . My daily temps are 97.5-97.8 in the morning and up to 98.6 mid day, which is a huge fest for me!! Maybe the unscheduled forced rest from the car accident was a blessing in disguise?

Anyway, I know most of my friends here in my journal won't approve of this decision, and I appreciate your concern. But, I have thought long and hard about this. All the time I've spent rebuilding my metabolism, and hopefully breaking the mindset of deprivation, should set me up for longer term success at this point. In any event, LC, Low cal are not working for me, and my clothes don't fit . I think I need to just do this for a few weeks and get back to a weight I can live with.

Hope you understand.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:13 AM   #1616

Well you know I understand! . I am happy you are trying RX, I actually have grown to like it much better and feel like it is easier to keep the pounds off, as long as you don't go wild like I did over the holidays.

It was pretty darn easy this last round, and I am going to be doing a PI for a week or two then going in for another loss of 15 or so if possible. I just want this OFF!!!!

Good luck Julie!! I look forward to hearing about your journey!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:23 AM   #1617
Major LCF Poster!

Julie you need to do what makes you comfortable with "you" again. If I were in your position I would do a round again since we're not talking 5 or 10 lbs. You have been trying all kinds of different things so you need to do what's right for you !

So good luck on your round and hope you get into your comfy weight again and can get back into exercise really soon. In thinking about what you said made me think. While I don't eat a lot I think calorie wise but I do wonder if the secret to my success other than being OCD is exercise ?? is that what's keeping me in maintenance around the same 128-132. I added back in exercise immediately on losing the weight and have kept it in every week with maybe a week or 2 off and I still got in 1 workout so it's been very steady 3 to 5x a week for the last year and some.

I keep reading so many HCGr's that even eating on plan but the scale just keeps going up and up and they can't stick maintenance but what I notice is almost none have exercise as part of their routine. Just a thought

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html
Old 03-07-2014, 09:34 AM   #1618
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry you feel like you have to go to that extreme Julie, with the break you've taken & the wt. you have to lose now, you're set up for losing weight a safe way, keep your health & keep it off. I'm afraid that the quick-fix is just jumping on the "hamster wheel" again. I'm hope not, for your sake.
Love you sweetie.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:14 AM   #1619
Big Yapper!

I hear ya, Julie. I think you've given it your absolute all and all the things like kicking your own butt in the gym, following the other plans where you feed yourself and heal your metabolism, raise your core body temperature, and all that jazz just isn't getting you the results you want. And I so feel your pain about your clothes not fitting.

Where do you get Rx HCG without a script? Is it a shot? Just wondering. PM me in case it's not something you can go into on the forum. How long will it take to be delivered? Will you be doing it strict protocol or rogue? Pandora, did you do it the protocol way? Look at your success with it! Enviable. I'll bet you're right about exercise being the ingredient that has kept you at the weight you wish to maintain at.

Julie, you have to do what you have to do. Maybe you'll regret it later, maybe you'll regret waiting so long before trying the Rx kind. Only time will tell. But one thing is for certain; you can't indulge when you are done with the round. You're like me, I think. When you get a taste for something and you say "Just this once. I earned it!" that is just a slippery slope. I slid down that slope just yesterday. I was doing so well, too. Today I'm back at it.

But the cycle of strict dieting and then loosely-followed maintenance is going to always lead us back to the quandary of how to get the regained weight back off. The body just gets more and more efficient each time we diet and gets wise to our tricks to drop the lbs, so what worked well last time doesn't work so well the next time. It wants to stay fat. Fat cells are greedy.

I look forward to seeing how it works for you, Julie.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:29 PM   #1620
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Pandora, did you do it the protocol way? Look at your success with it! Enviable. I'll bet you're right about exercise being the ingredient that has kept you at the weight you wish to maintain at.
I lost my first 50 lbs going to a weight loss clinic where we were taught what to eat and kept to a vlcd of 500 calories protein not including a veggie & fruit. Essentially low carb but with an appetite suppressant for hunger. The rest (70 lbs not including load weight) I lost on my own doing hHCG in about 3 rounds back to back. I kept pretty much strict protocol except I didn't really wait the recommended length of time between rounds since I wanted the wait gone !! I did 2 extra vanity short/interrupted rounds when I needed to get rid of a vacation binge/free for all and then a vanity round. So essentially November of 2012 I got to goal and then December 2012 through March 2013 I did those 2 misguided rounds but live and learn I say.

Last edited by pandora174; 03-07-2014 at 03:30 PM..