CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2014, 07:07 PM   #1562
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Did bodypump today...but pulled a muscle in my lower back during my first set of squats. I made it through the class but have been sore all day. Heating pad, aleve, and rest should fix me up. I think this is the same muscle I pulled a few months ago...

Had a whole sweet potato for dinner, so I guess it's not that low carb a meal plan . It was yummy! I got in 3 good workouts this week so I hit my goals on that part. Eating not good this week, but I'm working on it. Started the month around 170, hoped to get to low 160's or high 150's eventually...I'll take 164 by end of jan. I should get there if I stick to strict eating. Not fun though .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:20 PM   #1563
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
So sorry you pulled that muscle. That tends to happen with heavy work-outs. Hope you can still do alternative exercise. I'm able to continue with the elliptical with my chest-muscles in distress, but afraid X-country skiing & even walking are out for me (because its so slippery & when I throw my arms up to balance Youch!). Arnica is helping me heal quickly, but on can never get well quick enough for those injuries.
Oh ya, eating a yam would be hard to stop on!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:08 PM   #1564
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Deb, good idea that you are holding off on the x country skiing. Not a good time for that, unfortunately.

Julie, I am very proud of you for taking such a moderate approach to getting back to a weight you hope to attain and maintain. Extremes work in both directions rather effectively. I'm happy you have settled in so close to your goal weight and can now hone in on the prize, while enjoying the process of learning how to eat normally.

Kudos, honey.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:04 AM   #1565
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks girls!

Sorry I've been offline so much...mom fell again so I've been there more lately, trying to keep up my workouts and schooling the girls... Then on my way to Zumba yesterday I got rear ended . My car is squashed on the back right corner, and I'll need to wade through his insurance company...and I have company coming in town next week so I need to clean Etc...

So, I'm just taking things 1 day at a time, trying to make time for exercise as I like that "me" time and think it helps with stress .

In all, I'm doing fine. This has been a busy, and slightly stressful January! Dh leaves next Sat for 10 days in Europe, so that'll be our next adjustment .

Hope you're all doing well!
Old 01-29-2014, 07:43 AM   #1566
Big Yapper!

I'm so sorry, Julie. I commented on my journal already about your mom and car. That sucks! Why is DH going to Europe? Business? Wish you could go with him?

Have the best day possible. Thank the Lord the guy who smushed your car had insurance.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:28 AM   #1567
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Sorry for all your troubles Julie Yes, exercise does help with relieving stress...great plan that you can control with so much other uncontrollable issues happening. I hope your mom is on the mend.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:51 AM   #1568
Big Yapper!!!!

Hello! I'm sorry to go MIA thee for a bit...
I've been running around to the collision place, rental car place, chiropractor, mom's house, company in town staying with us, dh leaving in 2 days for Europe and his birthday yesterday... it's been quite a year so far!!

I'm not sure about weight or diet right now. I lean LC, but am not going too strict with all the other chaos around me. My neck and head have been hurting since a few days after the accident, so I am now seeing a chiropractor. New to me! He's very nice, and the massage tha list is working wonders on my neck and shoulders. They were both impressed with how tight my shoulders were! I go see them 3 times a week and it's a good distance away ... So that's keeping me busy.

Houseguests keeping me busy and we've eaten out too much lately celebrating dh's bday... All that to say, things will quiet down next week. Dh leaves Sat. morning, dd(13) has a volleyball tournamant all dsy Sat. (which is mercifully in town!), BIL & SIL leave Sunday, then it'll just be me and the girls which will be a relief.

I'm down to 2-3 visits to my mom's a week which is much better, but still too much.

I'm not complaining, but I feel like I am in survival mode until next week. I'm sure I'm up on the scale, and I really do want to get lower, but I can't seem to get on and stay on any weight loss plan right now. I'm not exercising for a bit b/c of the neck, but I'm hoping to get back to it next week. Maybe just Zumba the first week...we'll see what the Dr says.

I'm off to read journals and catch up with you all. Hope everyone is well!
Old 02-06-2014, 10:55 AM   #1569
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I'm so sorry, Julie. I commented on my journal already about your mom and car. That sucks! Why is DH going to Europe? Business? Wish you could go with him?

Have the best day possible. Thank the Lord the guy who smushed your car had insurance.
Dh is going with his BFF...he used his miles to lay for the flight so it was tough to say no to it! But there is a bit of resentment on my part, I must admit. But, it's a very generous opportunity.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:49 AM   #1570
Big Yapper!

Wow, Julie. Having not heard much from you in a while and having been going through so much crap of my own, I'd forgotten about your collision and all the other stuff. I knew you were going to start feeling the pain days afterward. Make sure that is included in any legal action against the driver who hit you. You never know how lasting those injuries will be. My BIL is a great case in point.

I'm sorry life is so nuts in your world at the moment! Joining you in looking forward to the time when it goes back to normal. Sorry the Europe trip is a sore spot but maybe having fewer people around after all the chaos might be a good thing for you to mellow-out.

Just don't gain weight! If you hang on and maintain, more power to you.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:49 PM   #1571
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow Julie! Hope things really do smooth out for you soon! I'm feeling a bit over-whelmed & stressed right now, though I certainly don't have anywhere near the stuff going on in my life! Hang in there!
Old 02-07-2014, 11:52 AM   #1572
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Girl, you have a LOT going on! Take good care of yourself!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:30 PM   #1573
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/128-130/128
WOE: hHCG, Currently Maintenance 5:2
Start Date: January 2012
Hang in there Julie..Hope this stressful time passes
pandora174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:39 PM   #1574
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks girls!! waiting in the chiropractor's office for an adjustment after a massage right now... I have to say the massage part is wonderful!! Counting my blessings!!
Old 02-07-2014, 03:54 PM   #1575
Big Yapper!

Old 02-10-2014, 11:47 AM   #1576
Big Yapper!!!!

Good Monday all!
Dh is happily touring around Europe, Amsterdam today...having a blast.

His brother and SIL flew home yesterday, they had a nice visit too.

I'm happy for a quieter day! No birthdays, celebrations, visitors, distractions...I went to the chiro/MT this morning, all went well there. I'll go back and see them again Thursday. Neck still stiff, sore and tight, but the headaches are gone! woohoo for that!!

Going to do Zumba tomorrow, first day back to the gym in a few weeks. Looking forward to it! Not sure about the weight training class yet, but I may try it Thursday .

Weight? but, I think I've made peace with my plan (for now. I'm SO tempted to do another quick hcg round!!) gonna shoot for 1200 healthy calories and my 4/week workouts and up the cals to 1500-1800 2x a week, most likely the weekends, but can adjust it if needed. My temps are consistently 97.5ish so I'm happy with that. I feel good and "healthy" metabolically, at least better than I as doing . So, I'll try it the "mainstream" way for a month and see what it gets me.

Doing well so far, coffee/hnh, Atkins shake (had it in the fridge, not nec. Doing LC), sprouted grain bread and bologna w/ mustard (also had in fridge, cleaning out!). Dinner will be chicken taco soup going in the crockpot currently. It's dh away I can eat more healthfully and it's so much easier than making a nice dinner every, single night. The girls are pretty flexible, so that's a nice bonus .

Hope you're all doing well! It'll be 88 here in a few days...gotta get ready for shorts! I think warmer weather will help me stay motivated too .

PS-Remind me why I shouldn't try to order rx hcg and do a quick round? I'm trying to remember that it won't last, or will damage my metabolism, but -15 in 3 weeks is really tempting right now!
Old 02-10-2014, 11:57 AM   #1577
Big Yapper!

The faster it comes off, the faster it comes back on when you go astray. Slow and steady wins the race. Did that help? I'm glad DH is having fun and you are finding the bright spots of having him be away for this time. A break from making a nice dinner every night sounds like a great perk.

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. Shorts? Yow! Still coats, hats and gloves here. Off into the cold I go right now. Horses need me. Ttyl.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #1578
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I think I've made peace with my plan gonna shoot for 1200 healthy calories and my 4/week workouts and up the cals to 1500-1800 2x a week, most likely the weekends, but can adjust it if needed. My temps are consistently 97.5ish so I'm happy with that. I feel good and "healthy" metabolically, at least better than I as doing . So, I'll try it the "mainstream" way for a month and see what it gets me.
Sounds perfect Julie. It will be wonderful for you to be able to take the weight of permanently & continue to bless your body with health at the same time... a way of life.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:39 PM   #1579
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/128-130/128
WOE: hHCG, Currently Maintenance 5:2
Start Date: January 2012
Here's what does the trick for me every time I get tempted to get a little lower and another HCG round : 3 weeks of 500 calories. That's usually enough to stop me If I need more I remember P3 where we get to s-l-o-w-l-y add back in all the foods we now eat happily and hope and pray we don't gain or all of a sudden develop an intolerance !!; the daily weigh in and if 2 lbs over Correction Day.

My favorite memory is the time in P4 I ate a small pear & gained 2 lbs the next day !! Or better yet doing your round, P3 & P4 and then gaining it back when you eat remotely normal or try to add some healthy carbs ! The 2 vanity rounds I did to re-lose vacation weight and end up exactly where I was before..

I have more if you need them

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html

Last edited by pandora174; 02-10-2014 at 12:41 PM..
pandora174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:45 PM   #1580
Big Yapper!!!!

you guys rock! Thanks for the reminders...I needed it! It's fun in early P3, adding back fats and enjoying being smaller...but it doesn't stick! And I really need to recognize hcg is a 9 week plan... And that's not so stellar for 9 weeks, right?

Cheryl-spring hasto be coming!

Debby-thanks! Health is an important gain too, and I lose sight of that sometimes.

Pandora-thx! It is relosing lately...can't seem to stick it lower than 160's while actually living or eating...true. I need to remember .

Coming in at 1250 cals today...which is good! I had a smoothie, and some popcorn at the movies! nice to live a bit still, but still hitting the right numbers . I feel good, satisfied and encouraged that I can be strong. Hopefully the lower cals will pay off...that's the other side of the coin...will it work for me this time? I shouldn't assume it won't, just because it was rough in the past...it's worth a real shot .

Thanks again! I appreciate you guys!
Old 02-11-2014, 09:53 AM   #1581
Big Yapper!

You got this. Pandora, I enjoyed reading your recap. I look at your Avi and see your stats and I'm just in awe.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:07 PM   #1582
Big Yapper!!!!

Did well today...1100cals give or take. Not too shabby beautiful, sunny day here, harvested my first lettuce and brocolli from my garden today. The lettuce was "dinner". with taco meat on it. .

Did Zumba today, brought my good friend along too. It's funny I missed it! Going again tomorrow.

Hope you're all doing well!
Old 02-11-2014, 09:11 PM   #1583
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow Julie,
That's just amazing to hear that you're eating lettuce out of your garden in February! Do gardens grow year round there? Only thing I can pick are snowballs out of Molly's feet!
Glad you could get back to your Zumba! I bought a Zumba DVD set before Christmas, but haven't tried it yet.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:45 AM   #1584

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
WTG Julie! I agree with Debby, it is amazing that you're able to eat veggies from your garden now, we're preparing for a snow storm LOL.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:10 AM   #1585

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Awesome Julie! keep up the great work!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:59 AM   #1586
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, I planted my seeds in September (which is so weird having grown up on the East coast!!) but sure enough I have a beautiful harvest of green lettuce and some nice looking broccoli right now! I am going to plant a tomato plant, a strawberry and a pepper on Friday (payday). It's neat having a mild winter!!

It'll be 88 here on Friday! in a few week it'll hit 90!! Crazy!! But I'll take it!! it makes the 115 degree days in July worth it .

I'm still up too high, but it's slowly working back down. I am encouraged and like having more varieties. I feel in control which is wonderful!!

Off to take my girls to a trampoline park-homeschoolers get in for $5 on Wed. Meeting a few friends then dd(13) is meeting a trainer for a physical assessment - working on her speed and agility (and vertical) for volleyball!

Busy and fun filled day!!

Sat. our HOA is doing a "snow day" in our park. They'll have a big mound of snow (exciting to the local crowd ) and a snow slide (not quite sure what that is yet, I think it'll be an inflatable) then free pizza at 5:30, then a movie in the park at 7. Should be a fun day!! (and did I mention free!!). My friend is taking me out Sunday night as a GNO, and dh gets home Tuesday night.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:33 AM   #1587
Big Yapper!

What a cool thing to have for free in the park! Is it actual snow or something synthetic? In 88 degree temps and sun, real snow won't last for long. Enjoy it, whatever it is.

Very cool also that you can eat things from your garden while the rest of us are freezing out cheeks off. Even so, I wouldn't want to live where you are. Way too hot for me. I could be a snow bird and winter over down there but that's it. I need San Francisco or Los Angeles temps.

Debby, I laughed when you mentioned picking snow balls out of Molly's feet. I have to do the same thing with Cissy. Her fur and snow do NOT go well together. She's at the groomers today, getting clipped.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:49 PM   #1588
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Julie!
Hope your day has gone well & your mother is too!
Happy Valentines Day
Old 02-18-2014, 05:39 PM   #1589
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey ladies!

Cheryl-the "snow" was 10 tons of ice all shaved up into fine powder, and a metal stairs/slide. You rode a saucer or toboggon down the slide... It was so much fun!! I went with my friend a few times and we laughed and laughed!! It was a blast for the kids too! A fun day, compliments of our HOA. There was even a tiny bit of snow left today...despite 80+ degree temps lately.

Thanks Deb. I did have a nice Valentines day. After we were done with our science co-op (labs) I let the girls have the rest of the day off. We went for pedicures and out to lunch. It was fun! Then we went to our friends house for home group. Dh sent me roses .

I'm way up on the scale, thanks to all the fun and indulging I've done! I saw a number today on the scale I haven't seen in years and don't care to ever see again!! so...back to low calories today. Without being able to workout daily I'm not focused or in control, and I'm also not burning as many calories So, I went for a nice walk today, which is a start, and I'm coming in around 1200cals. Slow and steady... But I need to keep making forward progress and not slide back!!

Anyway, still fighting the fight...but likely going back to LC eventually, regardless of Matt Stone's opinion on LC harming your metabolism...it'll have to be a risk I take (still better than another hcg round I think). Hope all is well with you guys!!
Old 02-18-2014, 06:26 PM   #1590
Big Yapper!

I'm glad you all enjoyed the HOA snow event so much! Good on DH for sending the roses. Is he still in Europe or back home now? Sorry about the scale. Just don't be like me and let it go even higher. I never thought I would gain it all back. That would never happen to me! No way Jose! Never say never. It's a slippery slope, much like your snow hill was.

I'm LC'ing right now. Yes, it's slow but it feels less deprivational than low fat or counting cals. And I simply can't have things like regular convenience foods in my house and count calories the way my sister does. I am a binger! I binge and then I binge some more when I'm done with the first binge item. Not in the way you typically picture a binger. Not to the point of stuffing the food in my mouth like there's no tomorrow, but the type of binger who thinks a box of crackers is the serving size. A bag of potato chips is the serving size. A box of mac and cheese, etc.

Even a pizza. It's all mine. Six pack of beer? A serving. Get where I'm going? So, LC foods don't trigger binges. I can't eat more than a few eggs and about 5 strips of bacon. It naturally limits my intake of calories just cause nothing contains the foods I want to inhale. So, I deal with it.

March 1st we're going out for a pizza birthday party for one of my sisters. It's a day early but they are doing it that day so I can be sure and attend. I work every Sunday. So, I'll go off plan for the evening and enjoy myself, but then right back on track. Full steam ahead until I'm under 200 lbs again. That is my big goal for now. I need to remember what that feels like. Just to be under 200 lbs again! I'll get there.

Sorry for rambling. Just decided to vent I guess. I'm off work for three days in a row now. It's been so horribly cold and snowy here. Now we're going to warm up and we'll have massive melting and flooding and whatever else mother nature throws at us too. Enjoy your AZ life.