Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2014, 05:57 AM   #1531
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Julie, so sorry about your Mom!! We are dealing with similar situations with my Mom, but it is getting better. At least there are 5 of us to help out.

Does your brother help at all? Sending you big ole hugs!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2014, 06:56 PM   #1532
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
My mom is 76. She is in good shape overall, no actual health problems. She's just in need of exercise. It'll be great if she can find the motivation. We all understand that, don't we? I'm no stranger to motivation and hard work, so I sympathize. But, she's home now, the caregiver (mother of my friend) was there all day, PT came out too. It was a good day all around.

Deb-my younger brother has been to see her every day too. I've spent hours, but he's worked full time w. 2 young kids and manages to visit daily, even picked up her groceries yesterday. I don't complaint about him, he's doing what he can. My older brother is in PA and I'm hoping he'll send some $ as I'm paying for a lot of her stuff and my brother too. We'll need to help w. the caregiver's fees too. It'll all workout. God has it in control and I'm just trusting Him.
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:15 PM   #1533
Big Yapper!!!!

I didn't make the gym today as I had to go to my mom's early and get her situated with the caregiver. It's looking up, but it's challenging too. So relived they are doing well together . I will hit the gym tomorrow before heading over to check on her. I'm not gonna' let this be an excuse to skip my workouts .

That said, I weighed again today So much for weekly weight only!. But, I'm happy to be 168.4 today, so I've lost 6 lbs since I went back to LC less than a week ago (Jan. 2). I'm planning to drop another 10lbs by Feb 14…as least I hope to! I should be able to get down to 165 easily enough…as I was there before major Dec. indulging. I'd love to see if fly off, and that first week of LC does spoil you with scale drops. I'll need to remind myself of that and watch portions down the road. For now, I'm eating a LOT of calories but sticking to healthy LC ones .
Old 01-08-2014, 09:07 AM   #1534

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
This is what you are doing, right Julie?

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/be...lism-diet.html
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:48 PM   #1535
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Wow, Julie! What a day you had, getting your mom home. I'm sorry I've been MIA from your journal. I'm just getting caught up on the journals I've let slide. I worked yesterday and I was so worn out from the brutal cold that I didn't do much when I got back home to warm up.

I'm glad LC is working well for you right now. Also glad that there's someone helping your Mom. I would have thought that Medicare would cover most costs for a nursing home but I don't know about that for sure. Such a shame for her to not have any health issues aside from sloth. I'm no one to judge laziness.

I hope you have a splendid day.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:28 PM   #1536
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
This is what you are doing, right Julie?

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/be...lism-diet.html
I was planning to, but after reading the book and reading the online reviews, I don't think it'll work for me, long term. Many who try it only lose 5-6 in the month while working really hard to make the little meals and follow the plan. The calories are pretty low too, which doesn't seem like it'll really get the metabolism humming. I guess I'm looking for some more proof...there are several ladies following it that I'm watching .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Wow, Julie! What a day you had, getting your mom home. I'm sorry I've been MIA from your journal. I'm just getting caught up on the journals I've let slide. I worked yesterday and I was so worn out from the brutal cold that I didn't do much when I got back home to warm up.

I'm glad LC is working well for you right now. Also glad that there's someone helping your Mom. I would have thought that Medicare would cover most costs for a nursing home but I don't know about that for sure. Such a shame for her to not have any health issues aside from sloth. I'm no one to judge laziness.

I hope you have a splendid day.
Don't ever worry about visit frequency. I understand life getting busy, trust me! That cold is brutal! I've heard from many how bad this winter has been. A good year to live out here in AZ.

Mom's doing a bit better...I'm trying to wean her off the caregiving and back to freedom. It'll be about $600 by Sat, and that's our limit. If she were truly ill, we'd move her to assisted living, but she's agreed to do her exercises and build up her strength. We'll see how this goes, but Sat. she'll be on her own!

I did Zumba today and it felt pretty easy to me. combat seemed hard on Mon., and I missed pump yesterday. I'll go tomorrow though . Keeping up the workouts, trying to be more mindful of my calories, and making a healthy lifestyle a habit and priority, even when life gets a bit nutso . It's better for everyone if I'm fit and healthy, and the endorphins are a bonus too!
Old 01-09-2014, 02:00 PM   #1537
Big Yapper!!!!

I got my body pump class in today and feel good! I'm planning to take tomorrow off and then workout again on Sat. But I may switch that up, depending on schedule.

I have our home group at our house tomorrow night, so I need to cook, clean etc. while homeschooling, so may not be able to squeeze in a workout plus e shower and primp time . Sat. We're heading down to Tucson (2 hours away) for dd(13)'s volleyball tournament. Love her, and watching and supporting, but don't want to be that far away. Hijacks the entire day! It'll be her first game back from that 6 month injury, so we're all excited or her.

Official weigh in today for week one was: 168lbs. Not goal, but down 6 from a week ago (heavily indulged before that). Now I'll start whittling away the real fat.

I've been doing some reading about metabolism and keeping my carbs too low, and as a result, I'm going to try to keep/add some good healthy carbs to my mix. Today I added Ezekiel bread-yum! had nice sandwich for lunch and a tangelo. I'll keep dinner lighter and lower fat to accommodate it. Tomorrow I'll lower my carbs and up my fat. I'll try alternating a few days and see how I feel.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:38 PM   #1538
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
WTG! So happy that a more moderate diet is working for dropping the Christmas lbs. Carbs for metabolism sound good, I'm eating fruit now, plus my oatmeal & oat bran, lowering protein a smidgen & keeping healthy fat up. Its helping.
We had home group last night, so I ended up staying up too late... tiredness is hard on the brain, for work!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:24 PM   #1539
Big Yapper!

Enjoy your daughter's game! She's victorious before she even sets foot on the field. I'm glad you're doing the classes and keeping up with your Mom and all the rest. I'm also glad to hear her say she will work hard to improve her strength and endurance. Have a lovely evening, Julie.

PS: All winters are hard, they just suck for different reasons. We break some new record every single year it seems. The only answer is to move.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:51 AM   #1540

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Sorry to hear about your mom but I'm glad to read that she's better. I've worked with elderly clients and they have UTIs more often, but for some reason they don't feel/notice the symptoms early on so it's usually not until they are hospitalized that the diagnosis is given. Since I work in the mental health field, I've had elderly clients exhibit what seemed to be a psychotic break when actually it was an UTI....it can sometime cause the same behavior.

Wishing the best for your daughter's game tomorrow, and congrats on the loss!!
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:13 AM   #1541
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
WTG! So happy that a more moderate diet is working for dropping the Christmas lbs. Carbs for metabolism sound good, I'm eating fruit now, plus my oatmeal & oat bran, lowering protein a smidgen & keeping healthy fat up. Its helping.
We had home group last night, so I ended up staying up too late... tiredness is hard on the brain, for work!
So far, so good. The weight test will be next week's weigh in, and if I can stick to the "moderate" part . I'll be up late tonight, I'm sure. Your diet sounds similar to mine, but I'll need to watch my calories more I'm sure. Thanks!

Quote:
Enjoy your daughter's game! She's victorious before she even sets foot on the field. I'm glad you're doing the classes and keeping up with your Mom and all the rest. I'm also glad to hear her say she will work hard to improve her strength and endurance. Have a lovely evening, Julie.

PS: All winters are hard, they just suck for different reasons. We break some new record every single year it seems. The only answer is to move.
Thank you, you're very sweet to dd. she's still looking to regain her confidence in vball, and being new to this team, and by far the youngest, hasn't helped her find that mojo. I'm praying and hoping as she improves, she'll build it back up. She was the leader of last years team, but is saying she's "not good" this season. It's hard to witness, but something she needs to work through on her own.
You know AZ is nice... But when your sister settles, hopefully somewhere warmer, you'll probably join her there. I suspect .

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Sorry to hear about your mom but I'm glad to read that she's better. I've worked with elderly clients and they have UTIs more often, but for some reason they don't feel/notice the symptoms early on so it's usually not until they are hospitalized that the diagnosis is given. Since I work in the mental health field, I've had elderly clients exhibit what seemed to be a psychotic break when actually it was an UTI....it can sometime cause the same behavior.

Wishing the best for your daughter's game tomorrow, and congrats on the loss!!
Thanks Shari! I was surprised about the UTIs, but it's apparently common and very disorienting. It's dangerous in the elderly . Hopefully she's doing better now. I'll call her later, but am not planning a visit. Hope dd has fun tomorrow, she's not back to "normal" yet, and isn't feeling confident. I hope it comes back to her and she is able to rally.

Good morning friends. No gym today, I'm so sore from pump yesterday . On the thyroid front, I'm trying to change my meds to a time released T3. It's my 3rd day today, and I woke up at 98.1 today! I did up my carbs some yesterday, but am still pretty LC overall, and am thrilled to see that temp this morning!! I'll keep working it out, but just posting that for record keeping .

Have a great weekend all!!
Old 01-10-2014, 09:29 AM   #1542

Good to hear on the temps Julie! PLUS you are losing! Fantastic!
Old 01-10-2014, 10:51 AM   #1543
Big Yapper!

That's too bad about dd feeling so unsure. I think once she gets going again, she'll regain her confidence. Starting over is never easy.

WTG on the timed-release T3 and the temps! KUTGW with the exercise and eating plan.

AZ is looking really good to me. Family or no family, I may just need to move somewhere that fills my spirit with joy and wonder. Life's too short.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:58 AM   #1544
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-agreed! I'd love to live in Sedona, or near the mountains. Dh isn't sure about that with work and all. Maybe one day?

I'm getting over an awful stomach bug . It hit around 11:30pm Sat. night (fortunately after we got home from a long day in Tucson at the tournament.). I was up ALL NIGHT long. I haven't been that sick in years! Both ends, every 15 minutes or so, for hours on end. No sleep, so achy and weak, fever of 101 (which is more like 103-104 to a normal person). I am finally feeling more like myself today, and temp is down (95 today w.o. my meds for 2 days). Just awful!!

Today I'm working on schooling the girls better and gonna' start disassembling Christmas decor. I'm pretty tired, but I'll take it slow. Chicken soup staying down . Progress.

I'll BBL to catch up.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:29 PM   #1545
Big Yapper!

Oh no! I'm so sorry you are sick. I know exactly what you're talking about. One time I was staying with my nephew (back in January of 2003) and one night, both he and I experienced that same rhythmic flood of "expulsion." I didn't realize it until the next day cause we never crossed paths. Our bedrooms were on the second story and I would get into the upstairs bathroom and every time he'd come out in a big rush to use it, he'd have to fly downstairs. Poor guy!

I wonder what the virus is that makes you feel like that on such a time table? There has to be something very specific. At any rate, I hope it leaves you soon and doesn't take up residence in your hubby or kids.

Yea about the chicken soup!
Old 01-13-2014, 07:43 PM   #1546
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So sorry you got that flu. Hope the rest of your family escapes it.
I stayed home yesterday because my ear was plugged, very sensitive to noise. (our church is very loud). Still had it today, so I'm on sinus meds, which seem to finally be helping.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:14 PM   #1547
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks girls! I'm still not 100%, but making progress. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy .

I went to my mom's bright and early this morning to take her the dr. She forgot to get her friend to put her wheelchair in her car, which means we had to reschedule her appt., so we rescheduled for next week. so, I made her breakfast, did her laundry, dishes etc., and came home. Sigh.

Still feeling a bit icky, skipping the gym again tomorrow, then hoping for bodypump Thursday. We'll see. Oh, I'm back up the 4 lbs I lost too .
Old 01-14-2014, 02:44 PM   #1548
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry you're still so sick. Hope your energy & health returns soon!
Old 01-15-2014, 08:48 AM   #1549
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Debby! I nearly made it to the gym today, but turned around as I felt sick , again .

No workouts this week . Still queasy occasionally, and a bit tired too.

My mom fell again Monday night. I was still contagious so I didn't want to go over. She was fine. Life alert and the local paramedics took care of her. Working on a better situation will be a challenge .

WOE:
I have been trying to wrap my head around metabolism and diet etc. Everything I read and know logically indicates that for a fast metabolsim to exist, you need plenty of calories to fuel it and keep it humming. How does FMD get the metabolsim going on such low calorie levels? I'm only half way through the book, but does she explain how/why it works? Or hopefully guarantee it works? I'd love a miracle cure for my sluggish metabolism, but am very afraid of lowering calories again. Hcg really did a number on my already slow metabolism. I've been researching and refueling for months, but can't find the right balance btw keeping it (metabolism) higher, while simultaneously losing some weight? can you tell I'm toying w/ trying it?

This conundrum is why I'm doing LC for now. It seems the only plan where you can lose some weight while on higher calories? That, plus exercising so things look smaller and tighter too .

Trying to get my girls refocused on school. It's a challenge for sure!! some tears and whining, and the girls aren't too happy w/ it either . Looking forward to feeling whole soon!
Old 01-15-2014, 10:17 AM   #1550
Big Yapper!

Oh, man. Julie, I can't believe you're still sick and your mom fell again. I'm so sorry, honey. So much on your plate right now. And the dog-gone metabolism quandary. I'm thinking of using up all four bottles (I think I have four) of the other brand of hHCG that I have while eating Atkins but as little as I can eat without feeling deprived, getting as low as I can in one fell-swoop and then just living on a strict LC plan. No ifs, ands or buts. I don't see any other way I can do it.

Then I would plan on eating Atkins for the rest of my life cause whenever I go off and start eating pasta and bread, it's all over. I'm back to that addictive behavior and I'm off and running, right back up the scale. Such madness! And for what? Better to exercise total self control and smile politely as you pass the basket of bread at the restaurant to the person sitting beside you. Ya know?

And potatoes! I'm eating mashed potatoes like they're going out of style. And adding all sorts of fats to them, too. It's absolutely insane. Clearly I have a carb and starch addition. Read it and weep, CherylB! Face it and deal with it. Then get your can moving in the proper direction again, where happiness resides!

Sorry. Using up your journal to kick my own @$$. Maybe that @$$ kicking will also help you in some way. Let's learn to eat in whatever way that keeps us stable. Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

You know what else I remember I had learned when I was in control? Smelling food that I couldn't eat was almost as enjoyable as ingesting it. Taking a really big whiff and just taking that in! It was a pleasurable thing that didn't cause me to want to get a plate full of it and nosh it down. I need to implement these things, now and forever.

There is still an even more disturbing way to approach maintenance. I don't know how you can learn to do this, but chewing and not swallowing the food is a way to taste but not get calories from it. I can't imagine doing that. Seems so absurd, doesn't it? And you'd have to be totally alone to make that work or your family will have you committed!

Julie, I hope you feel back on top of the world again soon. Hang in there, sweetie.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:44 AM   #1551
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/130-134/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Julie hope you feel better & sorry your mom fell. I understand where your coming from on the WOE. For me it's different and I can venture into "not lc"since I'm in maintenance. But the 2 ways I have lost were hcg and low calorie with appetite suppresant pills and followed a lc plan under a clinic's guidance. But I did lose my first 50 with the clinic and not HCG so that's something to think about. The menus were varied and very reasonable. I stopped going because of my bp issues then and the expense. But after the weight was lost they had a maintenance plan to build up your calories and your metabolism. Lots of vitamins and supplements. So while I love HCG because it was more do-it-yourself & dirt cheap "but" there are other alternatives to losing weight. My co worker's husband lost 60 lbs on WW and just going to the weekly meetings and eating his points & eating regular foods. Don't give up or start a round if your head heart are not 100 % in it. Nothing harder than HCG 500 calorie meals when you're not 100 % in it since it becomes torture & I remember 2 rounds that soured me from HCG for life I think.

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html

Last edited by pandora174; 01-16-2014 at 10:48 AM..
pandora174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:26 AM   #1552
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Oh, man. Julie, I can't believe you're still sick and your mom fell again. I'm so sorry, honey. So much on your plate right now. And the dog-gone metabolism quandary. I'm thinking of using up all four bottles (I think I have four) of the other brand of hHCG that I have while eating Atkins but as little as I can eat without feeling deprived, getting as low as I can in one fell-swoop and then just living on a strict LC plan. No ifs, ands or buts. I don't see any other way I can do it.

Then I would plan on eating Atkins for the rest of my life cause whenever I go off and start eating pasta and bread, it's all over. I'm back to that addictive behavior and I'm off and running, right back up the scale. Such madness! And for what? Better to exercise total self control and smile politely as you pass the basket of bread at the restaurant to the person sitting beside you. Ya know?

And potatoes! I'm eating mashed potatoes like they're going out of style. And adding all sorts of fats to them, too. It's absolutely insane. Clearly I have a carb and starch addition. Read it and weep, CherylB! Face it and deal with it. Then get your can moving in the proper direction again, where happiness resides!

Sorry. Using up your journal to kick my own @$$. Maybe that @$$ kicking will also help you in some way. Let's learn to eat in whatever way that keeps us stable. Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

You know what else I remember I had learned when I was in control? Smelling food that I couldn't eat was almost as enjoyable as ingesting it. Taking a really big whiff and just taking that in! It was a pleasurable thing that didn't cause me to want to get a plate full of it and nosh it down. I need to implement these things, now and forever.

There is still an even more disturbing way to approach maintenance. I don't know how you can learn to do this, but chewing and not swallowing the food is a way to taste but not get calories from it. I can't imagine doing that. Seems so absurd, doesn't it? And you'd have to be totally alone to make that work or your family will have you committed!

Julie, I hope you feel back on top of the world again soon. Hang in there, sweetie.
Happy to have you talk through your options here, no worries! I don't think the chew and spit out method would work for me...gross! But, I get the smelling and smaller portion thing. I'm not quite there, but suspect that's what it'll take. Thanks for the support and encouragement, 2014 is off to a bumpy start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
Julie hope you feel better & sorry your mom fell. I understand where your coming from on the WOE. For me it's different and I can venture into "not lc"since I'm in maintenance. But the 2 ways I have lost were hcg and low calorie with appetite suppresant pills and followed a lc plan under a clinic's guidance. But I did lose my first 50 with the clinic and not HCG so that's something to think about. The menus were varied and very reasonable. I stopped going because of my bp issues then and the expense. But after the weight was lost they had a maintenance plan to build up your calories and your metabolism. Lots of vitamins and supplements. So while I love HCG because it was more do-it-yourself & dirt cheap "but" there are other alternatives to losing weight. My co worker's husband lost 60 lbs on WW and just going to the weekly meetings and eating his points & eating regular foods. Don't give up or start a round if your head heart are not 100 % in it. Nothing harder than HCG 500 calorie meals when you're not 100 % in it since it becomes torture & I remember 2 rounds that soured me from HCG for life I think.
Thanks! I did lose 100lbs with Atkins/ LC. That and hcg are the only ways I've ever successfully lost any weight (other than slim fast back in college). Everything else-straight LCals, ww, etc doesn't work . You're so right about not being fully committed to hcg, I'm also soured on it, and believe it harms your metabolism as well . I've considered the Fast Metabolism Diet, but not sure it'll work and am not up for the food prep involved just yet. Going to keep it as a last resort I think. Much like hcg would be, if I ever tried it again it'd be the rx this time. You've done great making it stick . I'm almost there, but would like to arrive and stay at goal again . I think your commitment and control is the key to locking in those hcg losses. It doesn't work for most, because most aren't willing to be that diligent.

I'm FINALLY feeling normal again! It's been a full week! no exercise this week, hardly any thyroid meds, heavy carbs until yesterday (nothing else agreed with my tummy) and I'm avoiding the scale until monday. Did solid clean Atkins yesterday, and plan to stay LC over the weekend. I'll probably just stick to my plan to LC + exercise, with occasional higher carb days for refueling my muscles. I'm not miserable at this weight, but would like the low 150's again. I'm hoping LC and watching my calories will help me get there.

My moms doing ok, but needs evening visits to make sure she can get into bed safely. It's not a long term solution, and the challenge to coordinate her care, finances and future falls to me. Sigh. I don't want this responsibility or burden, but my brothers are too far away or too overcommitted other places to be able to do it (I guess).

Did I mention my oven broke Sunday? Repairman said $973 to repair!! so, dh is going to try to fix it himself... The part arrives next Thursday. So, crock pot and cook top are my only cooking options. it's been quite a year so far!! Usually January is quiet!

And my car needs a new transmission, new struts/shocks, control arm and power steering pump. Hoping dh gets his bonus in Feb so we can get that done and keep us on the road .

Forgive my list of negatives. I'm not overwhelmed or discouraged by the challenges. I'm looking forward to how God will provide (because He always does) and practicing giving away some of the love and grace I have received.

Have a great weekend all!
Old 01-18-2014, 10:10 AM   #1553
Big Yapper!

Wow, Julie. Well, if it's any comfort at all, I don't know of ANYONE who isn't off to a rough start to 2014. I hope you can either fix your oven or get a replacement one off Craigslist. The mom situation is a puzzle that won't be easily solved. The car issues are another big hurdle. I have a list of car crap to pick off one by one, too. You are the third person I am going to pray for so far today, and I've only been awake for about 1.5 hours.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:33 AM   #1554
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Julie,
Hope something can be figured out for you mom. Could she move in with you? We faced this a decade ago with dh's mom & she moved up to a suite built in my sil's back yard. It worked great. But she had the money to fund that building.
I think your plan should work great. The more muscles you build, the better your metabolism & the wt. will gradually have to leave. Being content where you are during the process is such a bonus.
God bless you!
Old 01-19-2014, 06:50 PM   #1555
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Wow, Julie. Well, if it's any comfort at all, I don't know of ANYONE who isn't off to a rough start to 2014. I hope you can either fix your oven or get a replacement one off Craigslist. The mom situation is a puzzle that won't be easily solved. The car issues are another big hurdle. I have a list of car crap to pick off one by one, too. You are the third person I am going to pray for so far today, and I've only been awake for about 1.5 hours.
Tha so for praying!! It's certainly a challenging few weeks. Certainly not a huge deal, "first world problems" is a term that comes to mind. If dh gets his bonus at the end of Feb it'll take care of all those things. If not, it'll still be ok. Dh is going to try to fix the oven himself. Part comes Thursday. $270 is worth it. We'll see. So glad I love my crockpot! hope your day went well today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hi Julie,
Hope something can be figured out for you mom. Could she move in with you? We faced this a decade ago with dh's mom & she moved up to a suite built in my sil's back yard. It worked great. But she had the money to fund that building.
I think your plan should work great. The more muscles you build, the better your metabolism & the wt. will gradually have to leave. Being content where you are during the process is such a bonus.
God bless you!
No, my house isn't accessible enough for her, there's no $ to fix it up, and we really couldn't comfortably live under the same roof. She's challenging, and chooses to treat me poorly at times. It wouldn't be in either of our best interests . She really wants to stay close to her church which is about 30 minutes away from me, but 5 min from her house. The only way she can stay there is to put in the work and get stronger. A roommate who would give some care in exchange for room/board would be ideal, but finding a stable honest candidate is tough. Trying to give her some time to make sure she's ok.
Thanks, I'm actually pretty happy for now. In a few months it'll be back to shorts and bathing suits which may remotivate me .

I'm feeling good again! Finally!! Whole week of sick is too much . I'm going back to the gym tomorrow, eating LC pretty clean all week, allowing some higher carbs on the weekend. I'll weigh tomorrow and see where I am, but I feel pretty good. I lived on carbs all last week, went back to LC Friday night, and had a few fries today . I feel about the same. I was 168 last Fri before I got sick. I'd like to be 165 or below...with all that illness it would be nice!
Old 01-19-2014, 09:00 PM   #1556
Big Yapper!

Yeah, I didn't see you buying into that living in situation. Too close for comfort. God will make a way. How's everything else on your plate, to-do wise? Glad the part for the oven arrived.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:45 PM   #1557

Wow so much going on for you Julie! I don't have any good advice, but I can join in the prayers for good things happening!

Just keep the faith girl, the tide will turn..
Old 01-21-2014, 06:58 AM   #1558
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Cheryl-the oven part shipped, but won't get here until Thursday. He probably won't fix it until Sat. I'm looking forward to baking something!! Thanks!

Deb-hey there! i'm just taking things 1 day at a time and trying not to get overwhelmed . so far, so good . Good to "see" you!

I forgot yesterday was MLK day. Dh was off, so I gave the girls the day off too. Dd(10) had a friend sleep over Sat. night who's dad is in the hospital. They've had a rough go the past few weeks, so when she asked to stay over Sun. too, we agreed. We all went hiking yesterday- Camelback-Echo Canyon trail. The descriptions all said "strenuous" but I didn't "get" it until we started up!! wow!! That was a doozie!! Hardest hike we've ever done!! Dd(13) stopped a third of the way up, dd(10) stopped 3/4 of the way, and dh dropped out half way, then came up behind us (thankfully since he had all the water!!). It was a short distance, but straight up and really rocky. Arms, hands etc needed to climb the rocks. We were all tired afterwards! But, we did it!! (and we got an $85 parking ticket too!!! ) It was beautiful and a good day together.

Weight wise I'm down a bit, 166 even yesterday. I'll take it! I'm pretty carbed up right now and plan to stick to my week day LC and weekend slightly higher plan. Taking my mom to the dr today so I'm skipping the gym. I'll go to Zumba tomorrow.

That's about it for me. I feel good which is something I usually take for granted. I've come to appreciate my health much more this past few weeks .
Old 01-21-2014, 06:30 PM   #1559
Big Yapper!

What a hike!! I would have died, for sure. But you all made it! I'll bet even the way back down was tough. You use the opposite muscles and they are already twitching from the "drive up." WTG, all of you.

BUMMER about the parking ticket. Sleep well, Julie. I'm tired and going to bed.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:05 AM   #1560
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Cheryl-they're sure sore!

I did my Zumba class today . I may add more of that to my week. I actually enjoy it, which is unique. I don't mind weight training but that pump class is hard! I'll take that tomorrow. I really like that emoticon.

Eating lowish carb today, but way overdid it last night. Freddy's burger-with the bun! and their fries- it was a choice and I'm ok with it. I'll lose whatever I gained again.

Doing rainbow loom with dd(10). She's so adorable!