Old 12-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #1471
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
"He's very commentary"? Tell him to stuff it. No wonder you're so worried about the number. Do you have some jeans that aren't stretchy? You can put them on every couple days and see if they are snug/comfy/loose (oh, if only!) and then you can put your comfy stretchy jeans back on for living your day in. (Love those so much.)

Very happy to hear that you're willing to see how the other half lives. As far as the Dr's Synthroid drug you were on years ago that didn't work, you probably needed the Cytomel to go with it. I'd try to get it regulated by the Dr again and see if you can at least then have a lab result to go by to keep you in check, in addition to the temperature taking, the noting the hair loss, etc. I just don't think your self-medicating is working for you anymore. With your level of physical exertion at the gym, you should be losing weight.

I love you and want you to have an amazing time at Disney! Enjoy yourself, your family and your friends, be mindful of what you eat and drink and then come back home and carry on.
Thanks! That should have read "complimentary", not commentary! Sorry! Silly auto correct on my iPad! Dh is very complimentary to me, always telling me how great I look, getting a bit jealous when other men chat with me, very supportive. He's great. He fell in love with me when I was a size 24, so he's been with me through all of the weight changes and has lost a good deal himself. He understands . I do have 1 pair of jeans that are tight on me now, can get them on but they're not loose and comfy like they were back at 145lbs . They can be my "measure" jeans. . Thanks for the idea!! How was your week? Did you get hit by snow? My family in PA got nailed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Having a blast at Disneyland, no doubt!
I was!! It was really fun! But I won't be doing 5 days in DL again . Too much back-to-back running took away from the "magic" of the trip. I'll schedule in breaks next time . But it was fun!! Crowded and COLD but fun!!

We had a fun week away!! DL at Christmas is so beautiful!! I ate and ate and ate, and walked and walked. I'm up 5lbs, but am also backed up a bit . I'll weigh again next week and see where I land, but typically I gain about 10lbs for this type of vacation, so I'll take it! Back to regular life and doing my holiday baking! The house is all decorated and looks beautiful, went to my mom's house yesterday to celebrate her birthday, then out with friends last night. It's good to be home .

A few pics, you know me!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2529.JPG (39.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2539.JPG (46.6 KB, 25 views)
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #1472
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
back!
Your trip sounds great! Good to know (makes sense too) about the 5 days in a row. We'd like to take all our grand-kiddo's there some day.

So good about your wt. Your new methods of healing your metabolism must be working.
I bought some fresh fennel from the grocery store (thank you Dr Oz), and have been having a small snack of it every day... its keeping me regular now... of course, I still take magnesium, but this has made a difference.

Happy preparations!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #1473
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I was JUST thinking about you today and then you appeared. I was wondering when you'd be back. Isn't that weird? I'm really glad you had a great time. You do all look cold in those pics.

I'm working again today and I still need to clean off my car and at least shovel one pathway to appease the landlady. It's almost 1:30 so I'd better get moving. Ttyl. PS: I'm glad your DH is complimentary.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #1474
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/130-134/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Welcome back ! Glad you had a fun trip & the pictures look great & way to go on only 5 lbs. I bet by next week they will be gone gone gone..
pandora174 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #1475
Big Yapper!!!!

Few more pics... Me and dd(13) waiting for dumbo...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (72.9 KB, 23 views)
Old 12-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #1476
Big Yapper!!!!

Space mountain! Our favorite ride this trip
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (27.8 KB, 24 views)
Old 12-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #1477
Big Yapper!!!!

Me and Pooh!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (50.7 KB, 21 views)
Old 12-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #1478
Big Yapper!!!!

Last one...dd(10) and me waiting for Dumbo!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (35.5 KB, 26 views)
Old 12-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #1479
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Love your pictures! Especially your avatar.
Hey, how much does a pass to Disneyland cost?
Old 12-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #1480
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Great to see you are back!! Your pictures are awesome!! So happy you had a great time. 5 days at DL.. wow.. that is alot in one trip.
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #1481
Big Yapper!

Love the pics! You look healthy and "home." I agree, though. I want to see your avi as an attachment to see bigger.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:50 AM   #1482
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Love your pictures! Especially your avatar.
Hey, how much does a pass to Disneyland cost?
Thanks! It costs way too much... With dh's discount at work, it was about $235 for a 5 day ticket. The longer you stay, the lower each day costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Great to see you are back!! Your pictures are awesome!! So happy you had a great time. 5 days at DL.. wow.. that is alot in one trip.
Thanks!! It's good to be home. It was great, but should have scheduled a break in there .

Quote:
Love the pics! You look healthy and "home." I agree, though. I want to see your avi as an attachment to see bigger.
It's my "happy place". Well, there and my campsite along oak creek. . I'll try to post at pic...

I made the mistake of bringing in some pine tree branches (Christmas tree cuttings form Home Depot) to decorate with. Well, I'm allergic to the trees, I think, which is why we went with a fake tree this year. Somehow I thought since there wasn't much of it I'd be ok. NOT! Dh told me too. Yesterday I came down with my regular December sinus infection! dh cleaned them all up and vacuumed for me, but I still feel crummy . Skipping the gym today, didn't sleep much last night, but hope to bounce back quickly! Really confirmed my suspicions... I am allergic to something on the trees here. Never had this problem in PA? Very odd, and disappointing aid love real trees. Sigh. Ironically, temp was 98.5 this morning, but I'm sure that's not metabolism but sick temp.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (45.8 KB, 18 views)
Old 12-16-2013, 07:32 AM   #1483
Big Yapper!!!!

Forgot to add that we went out for Mexican food last night, and it was yummy! I only ate half my meal and brought the rest home for today (mind you, I'd had a lot of chips by then ) but that was my first awareness of intuitive eating. I stopped when comfortably full!! progress to be sure!!
Old 12-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #1484
Big Yapper!!!!

Another free Ebook from Matt Stone- "eat for heat"which is the metabolism book I'm following (more of less).

Free this week... Eat for Heat: The Metabolic Approach to Food and Drink eBook: Matt Stone
Hope that works for you, I paid $10 for it last time . Warning, as with all his books, some crude language and inappropriate comments in there. Wish there weren't .
Old 12-16-2013, 08:51 AM   #1485
Big Yapper!

Well, I'd better not try that plan. I'm hot enough already! I'm like an internal combustion engine on a normal day. It's rough!

Love the pic of you with the duck. Very flattering. Your face and hair look so good, Julie. You really look well.

I'm so sorry you reacted that way to the tree branches. I recall you going through all that last time, with the tree itself. Well, now you know for sure. I hope you mend quickly.

Have a blessed day. I'm working today and it will be so cold.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:54 AM   #1486

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/188.8/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Julie you look awesome and what a beautiful family you have!! Love the pictures, it shows that you all had a wonderful time. A gain of only 5 lbs while on vacation is great!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:26 AM   #1487
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Well, I'd better not try that plan. I'm hot enough already! I'm like an internal combustion engine on a normal day. It's rough!

Love the pic of you with the duck. Very flattering. Your face and hair look so good, Julie. You really look well.

I'm so sorry you reacted that way to the tree branches. I recall you going through all that last time, with the tree itself. Well, now you know for sure. I hope you mend quickly.

Have a blessed day. I'm working today and it will be so cold.
That heat should come in handy this winter . Hope you had an easy day. Did you notice my tiara in that pic? borrowed from my dd that day (made Minnie ears for her out of her hair which came out so cute!). Thanks for the compliment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Julie you look awesome and what a beautiful family you have!! Love the pictures, it shows that you all had a wonderful time. A gain of only 5 lbs while on vacation is great!
Thank you!! I'm richly blessed . I'm sure I'll go back to my comfy pre-vacation range of 160-163 easily enough. It's getting back to 155-157 that won't come easily. Not stressing it, enjoying Christmas and will lighten up a bit in Jan. clothes fit ok, so not gonna sweat it .

Feeling a bit better today! Not good enough for the gym, but planning to go tomorrow. Slept pretty well . Need to wrap and get a few more presents, but nearly done that too. Not feeling rushed or stressed (yet ). Trying to keep it all in perspective and not get caught up in the world. Reading in I John 2- "do not love the world nor the things of the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of The Father is not in him". It's challenging not to get caught up in all the frenzy and materialism that has hijacked Christmas. I'm guilty of overbuying for my girls, but trying to keep the focus on Christ's birth .
Old 12-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #1488

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
I absolutely agree I am off to Disney next week. I hope to get away with only 5 lbs up too. Hoping of course to not have to gain any weight at all, but you never can tell!
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #1489
Big Yapper!

I did not notice the tiara! It appears to be in the center of the life buoy in the background. How cute are you!?

Yes. Holidays have become the way the economy is driven. They make us want more, more, more. They get us to buy the next great thing, then before we've even gotten used to having it, they come out with the next great thing. It's a constant draw; them tempting us to part with our money and to be dissatisfied with what we already have. I hate that and I'm so onto them.

Last edited by CherylB; 12-17-2013 at 08:10 PM..
Old 12-18-2013, 05:59 AM   #1490

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Hope you are feeling better Julie!!.
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #1491
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
I absolutely agree I am off to Disney next week. I hope to get away with only 5 lbs up too. Hoping of course to not have to gain any weight at all, but you never can tell!
You'll have a great time!! With all the walking in WDW you'll do just fine! I'm about 6 lbs above window now (guessing, haven't weighed this week) and that's with eating for metabolism (which would cause fainting if I shared!). I wish it were lower, but if I can workout well here, and eat this much? I may be able to live with this, at least for a while. enjoy your trip!!

Quote:
I did not notice the tiara! It appears to be in the center of the life buoy in the background. How cute are you!?

Yes. Holidays have become the way the economy is driven. They make us want more, more, more. They get us to buy the next great thing, then before we've even gotten used to having it, they come out with the next great thing. It's a constant draw; them tempting us to part with our money and to be dissatisfied with what we already have. I hate that and I'm so onto them.

yup! I'm really "into" Disney! It's the one place you can get away with such things! . That's a sad, but accurate, analysis of what happened to Christmas. I'm not quite sure how to escape it? We talk with our girls about giving and such, and the real treasure is that first Christmas gift-Jesus. They have it straight, but still enjoy new things and opening presents. Like the Bible says, money isn't the root of all evil, it's the LOVE of money that is. If we can afford nice things it's ok, but when that pursuit or the love of those things ovshadows what's really important, that's when we've got trouble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Hope you are feeling better Julie!!.
I'm getting there. Thanks!

I managed to do Zumba today, and without my friend! not too shabby, . I lowered some of the impact, and was quite the "mouth-breather" , but did pretty well! Yay!

I'll weigh in on Saturday...but I've been eating indulgently this week, especially yesterday! Day before not much, as I was feeling icky, but must have made up for it yesterday! Wow! Baking doesn't help these things . But, I've been able to maintain the 160-163 range with lots of indulging, which seems pretty miraculous to me! Oh, how I wish that were 140-143, or even 150-153!, but, I'll take it!

I'm getting used to this eating style, had some delicious steel cut oatmeal this morning! Butter, brown sugar Splenda, cinnamon, dried cranberries, and splash of hnh! !!! Not low carb, or low cal, but high yummy!!

Gonna make tacos for the fam for dinner... Last minute purchases and running to do. Have a good day all!
Old 12-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #1492
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I'm getting used to this eating style, had some delicious steel cut oatmeal this morning! Butter, brown sugar Splenda, cinnamon, dried cranberries, and splash of hnh! !!! Not low carb, or low cal, but high yummy!!
I love that. And it does sound yummy. Glad you're enjoying the journey and like you said, it's great you are staying where you are at while eating such great stuff.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:01 AM   #1493
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning all . Heading to the gym for body pump in a minute. Feeling crummy still, but going to give it a try. I'll take the next few days off. . Time is slipping away from me, having a party st my houst on Tuesday night (Christmas eve) so I'd better get going on the cleaning and cooking . I also need to focus more on my dd's and getting them back on track with school and chores. So, less online time for me for a few days. I'll still be here, bit not to worry if I'm not as "present".
Old 12-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #1494
Big Yapper!

Well, we'll miss you but we'll cut you some slack. Have a great Christmas if we don't see you before then.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #1495
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm not going away completely, but limiting it a bit more. Gotta' get all the "stuff" done so I can relax a bit . Wrapped all the girls presents yesterday, which is good. Today is payday and that's wonderful!! need to hit walmart and get some stuff- I hate WM!!

feeling a bit better today. Voice nearly gone and still congested, but not in much pain. except my legs from the gym yesterday! Boy howdy! you miss one week… ouch!

i weighed today and am at 165.4 Was hoping to be lower as I don't feel "fatter" but I supposed I could be retaining some water w. the sore muscles and sinus infection. Not worries about it. Going to enjoy my week .

Dinner party tonight with my Small group, Mexican restaurant then wallyball! Should be a fun night!! White elephant gift exchange-doing a funny one. Candy cane puzzle - you do a novice and advanced puzzle-take a candy cane and break it into 3-4 pieces - novice. Then you smash one w. a hammer, put in baggie=advanced. I loved that idea!!
Old 12-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #1496
Big Yapper!

The puzzle sounds really cute! I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Holiday stresses are involved too, no doubt. This too shall pass. on payday! Mine comes early next week. Not sure which day it will be cause it's normally on Wednesday and that is Christmas Day. Will find out soon enough.

What's "wallyball"? Have a great time at the party!
Old 12-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #1497
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you & your family have a delightful Christmas celebration!
Peace & joy to you all!
Old 12-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #1498
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
The puzzle sounds really cute! I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Holiday stresses are involved too, no doubt. This too shall pass. on payday! Mine comes early next week. Not sure which day it will be cause it's normally on Wednesday and that is Christmas Day. Will find out soon enough.

What's "wallyball"? Have a great time at the party!
We had fun! Wallyball is a lot like volleyball, but you play on a racquetball court and can play off the walls… a faster paced, and with the competitive guys we played with, sometimes hazardous game! But, I'm happy to report, the girls beat the guys in our last game! They gave us rally scoring and they only scored on their serves, but still! They're tough! It was a fun night out.

Quote:
Hope you & your family have a delightful Christmas celebration!
Peace & joy to you all!
Thanks! hope you're enjoying your family in town and a blessed Christmas to you!!

I'm doing fine. Mostly "done" with all the "stuff". Some cooking, cleaning and baking to go, but not overwhelmed with it, which is good! I'm still sick though . I've got green gunk now, and am gonna' try to get through to my teledoc and get some antibiotics. I've tried the home remedies all week and finally took some cough medicine last night so I could sleep. That helped! I skipped the gym today (gasp!) and may not make it tomorrow either. But, if I am up to it, I will go .

Can't believe it's Christmas eve eve!! Not gonna weigh, but feeling fine weight wise. Wish it were skinnier, but look ok in all my clothes, but still wishing that one pair of jeans was looser. I'll work on that next year .

Merry Christmas all! Joy to the world!!
Old 12-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #1499
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Merry Christmas & get well!
Old 12-23-2013, 10:58 AM   #1500
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/130-134/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Merry Christmas & feel better !!
pandora174 is online now   Reply With Quote