Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 08:41 AM   #121
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Thanks ladies!! I had a VERY fun bday weekend!! I ate myself silliy (loads of great bday discounts!!) and will not be getting on the scale for a while. I know it's very high right now . But it was fun and very worth it.

Of note, that whole RRARF plan where you eat starch and sugar to raise your body temps and metabolism really worked. My basal temp today was 97.6 and I forgot to take my cytomel last night. That's really high, almost "normal" w/o thyroid med. There's def something to this.

But, I will continue gaining if I keep this eating up, so I'm doing a GYCD today and will be going back to more of a LC, healthier eating plan tomorrow. I'll prob weigh on Friday. I'm also back to the gym, which isn't part of the RRARF plan, but I like it and want to keep it part of my life.

julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2012, 09:15 PM   #122
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I love that: RRARF! Sounds like what my dog says when she's chasing the boy dog who lives upstairs. LMAO. I'm glad you had such a fun b-day weekend and how nice that it falls on a national holiday so you get to celebrate an extra day! Woohooo!

Stay off that nasty scale and you'll stabilize soon. Sometimes it's just so fun to be bad. Hehehehe.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #123
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Cheryl!! It was fun!! The scale is my frenemy!!

For now, I'm not doing CD's. Well, GYCD now and again. Instead of correcting, I'm continuing to push the limits. I'm doing a mini experiment to see what my metabolism will do. I'm working out well - weights and HIIT - and eating what I feel like (more of less). This includes lots of indulgences - Last night had gelato, and sweet potato fries. Today I had some onion rings and ice cream. I want to let my body rest, reset, and build up my metabolism. I've been doing this for a few weeks (more or less, some CD's and LCing in between to minimize my gains). I'm pleased, and think I will be done w. this phase for now. I will be going back to LC tomorrow. Not planning a CD per se, but clean, CD foods - GY, eggs, beef etc. Continuing the workouts too . Hope the scale goes back down at least some. Have a fun weekend next weekend in Ca w. my old college roommates. I'd like to be down so the muffin top dissipates. But, even if it doesn't I'll still have fun. I'm relaxing a bit since I'll be doing another round anyway. I know that's not protocol. Forgive me. I'm kinda' a rebel. My secret's out .

Weight? Around 156 these days. That's a full 6lbs above my window!! But, well deserved and I'm still not too concerned about it. I need to get motivated. We'll see. Maybe tomorrow will be easy and I can stick to plan better.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/257/135 5'5"
Start Date: April 18th, 2012
Now that you have met your goal, how hard is it to lose weight when you go a few pounds above it? I've never gotten to goal all the way so I don't know what it would be like .
JCWANNABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:42 AM   #125
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Hi Julie! You are doing fine.. I would LOVE to be 156!! Just do what you need to do and your body will follow... right?... Have a GREAT weekend!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #126
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Deb! I thought of you this week as I IE'd my way through a fun weeknd. I left some food on my plate uneaten at dinner on Sat, even w. dh saying - "go ahead, power through it and stuff it in". I didn't, let him finish my dinner even though he was already full. Later he commented on feeling bad and stuffed. I just smiled , I felt just fine!!

JC-goal is fun. But, I'm actually about 10lbs above my new, revised goal . I originally dreamed of being right where I am. And, truth be told, I'm not really unhappy here. But, I do have padding still to lose, and think 10 lbs would be nice to lose. So, I'm planning a final hcg round for early July with hopes/plans to get down to 145ish. I'd like to be able to comfortably (that means w.o heroic measures) be able to maintain in the 140's. We'll see.

I'm feeling really good though and feel like I've made some good progress with my metabolism. I need to up the workouts some more. I'm doing my normal Monday GYCD!! I am hoping for a 2lb drop down closer to my window. It may be even more given how I've been eating!! but, it's been nice to not have to think and sacrifice constantly. I have actually found that I'm full before my plate is clean and I'm ok leaving food there. I've been trying to work on IE while building up my metabolism, and something seems to be working. My temps are up, I feel good, I'm sleeping well, I have plenty of energy. All good signs that my body is recovering from too many LC, low cal, diets. I am still a LCer at heart, but see the value of keeping the carbs as high as my body will go (w.o gaining). Good healthy carbs like fruits, GY, beans, corn etc. will be a big part of my regular diet. They also seem to keep my metabolism going well. Def boost my temps when I eat them.

I'll keep plugging away. I know that I have another round planned for July and should be good for losing 10-15lbs. That will hopefully get me down below LDW from last round, w/ good wiggle room. I'd like to end up in the mid 140's, and am hoping this period of metabollic reset will carry me through making my next P3/P4 easier. I'd like to be able to actually EAT while maintaining. I think my damaged metabolism + hypothyriod/hormone issues after years of restriction, has made maintenance a continual challenge at this low (for me) weight. My body longs to be back up at a higher set point and I'm not letting it!! I'll keep fighting, but am hopeful that this recent gain and reset phase will produce good long term results. I want my body to accept a lower body weight w.o slowing down my metabolism. We'll see.

I'm still a work in progress, but as a friend on another friend reminded me today (thanks Jeanette) we need to celebrate where we are. We've worked long and hard to lose weight, and even if we're not where we'd like to ultimately be, enjoying and celebrating our success along the way is really important. Don't minimize your success b.c you're not totally "done" yet. Be happy and proud!!
Old 06-14-2012, 08:01 AM   #127
Big Yapper!!!!

As previous posts will attest, I've been doing a lot of thinking and reading and soul-searching lately and realize that years of "dieting" and trying to lose weight continuously has done damage to my metabolism, and psyche. My relationship w. food has become whacky!! Although I love LC, and will be a LCer for life (in most ways) I've begun trying to heal my body and restore my metabolism to a healthier level. I've been doing a refeed of sorts for the past month. As one would expect, it's had a weight gain associated with it. I've dabbled at trying to lose a bit while in this phase, but have kinda' given that up for now. I'm hoping to minimize the damage, but I am also planning another round of hcg in early July and expect that to take this weight back off.

So, that said, I am doing more exercise, and hard work at that. So, that portion of life has been a success for me lately. I'm hoping that this "metabolic reset" will keep humming along making maintenance easier and more enjoyable. I don't want to get to my "goal" weight (again) and have to watch every morsel that enters my mouth, or fear weight gain from adding in weight training. That's not how I want to live.

I head to CA for the weekend. Tomorrow will be 20 years since I graduated from UCI. (college). It's so hard to believe, but then again, some times I feel like it was even longer ago. I am looking forward to seeing many of my old college friends and roomies. We're having a big bonfire at the beach and hanging out. Can't wait!! I'll be mindful of what I eat, but am not planning to restrict anything.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:13 PM   #128
Big Yapper!

Have a wonderful reunion, Julie! How fun it must have been to go to college in CA. Jealous! I'm glad you are focusing on repairing your metabolism. Sorry to hear that you've gained a little weight back. I have too, but that's not for any other reason than poor choices and getting completely off-track more often than I'm ON-track.

I was thinking about doing another round of hhcg, too. I really hate that idea but maybe I can suck it up long enough to do one more round. I have my nephew's wedding on the 30th and then my birthday in the beginning of August. I want so much to be 150 on the day I turn 50. I thought I could get there by doing Atkins and I probably could have, but I keep going off-plan.

If I start a round now, I will only have two weeks before the wedding and will have to go off plan for the wedding and call it a refeed. But if I could get past that with only a one-day interruption, I could make lots of headway toward my birthday goal. I just don't know if I have it in me anymore to do such a strict plan. I'm so SICK of dieting.

Anyway, have a wonderful weekend with your old cronies and tell us all about it when you come back home. Take pics! Wow. I wish I could see their expressions when they see you!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:40 AM   #129
Big Yapper!!!!

Just got home from a fun weekend in SCal. Saw all my old college roommates and my friends from my UCI days. It was 20 years since I graduated, which is still hard for me to believe!!

Here's some pics of me and some of my friends. And one of me and the girls! I do miss the beach and my good friends. It's still hard to believe it's been 20 years since I lived in CA and lived this life. God's been so good to me and I've been blessed with great friends and good places. Counting my blessings!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beach 1.jpg (22.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg beach 2.jpg (37.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg beach 4.jpg (52.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg beach 3.jpg (26.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg carol amy me.jpg (29.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg comp beach.jpg (38.6 KB, 19 views)
Old 06-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #130

you look FABULOUS!!! glad you had a great time!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #131
Big Yapper!

Nice pics!! Love the one of you and the girls at the end. You all look so close (friends and you.) How wonderful that you got to see them all again. 20 years is a very long time. What did they say about your new and improved body? Where you thin 20 years ago or heavier?
Old 06-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
I agree with Deb, you ALWAYS look fabulous! Glad you had a good time!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #133
Big Yapper!!!!

Maggie-thanks!! so sweet of you say, that makes me happy to read .

Cheryl-yes, I have/had great friends in college. God richly blessed me, and with hindisight, I can actually appreciate it more now! I was heavy by the time I graduated from college (size 22 I think) but I've seen each of them a few times over the years and am on FB w. them, so they've "seen" me. Although my old roomie called me "skinny" further endearing her to me .

Deb- Thanks!! I feel really good and happy. The little left to lose (about 7lbs now) will come off. I'm really content and trying to view food/diet differently from ever before in my life. I don't want things to be "forbidden" or "taboo" and I also want to stop looking for "goodies" all the time. I need to keep busy with more important things!!

I'm doing well sticking to LC. I was pleasantly surprised at my reduced appetite yesterday. So far so good. I'm 157 today, which is better than it was!! I'm only 7lbs out of window now . Which, considering how I've eaten the past month+ is pretty good!

If I can whittle back down to 150 w/o another hcg round, I may just not do one. I'm settled in at home for a while now, and hope the regular exercise and normal eating will help me get back down. We'll see. Not committed to any plan just yet. Anniversary is July 4. I'm working on breaking the connection between celebration and food. Why do I eat to celebrate? Why am I teaching my children to do the same? Is there another way we can celebrate? Isn't food to fuel our bodies and hunger is our cue to eat? Then why have I turned it into entertainment? Working through some of these things.

Hitting the gym, then I plan to take my girls swimming. We all need to find good things to do w.o eating as entertainment!!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #134
Big Yapper!

It's not just YOU who eats to celebrate! It's our entire society. I have gone through those same questions with myself and my family. It's all about FOOD. Why? Let's go bowling or something!

I love your new attitude about food and your approach to it. It is something we all need to make peace with and so to have "bad and good" foods only instills in us being "bad or good" in relation to those foods. I can't live that way.

Julie, I hope you don't do another hhcg round. You've come too far to go back now. It's too much like a crutch or "an easy way out." You have learned how to manage your weight now and you don't need hhcg. I know it and you know it.

So many folks are talking about Juddd lately that it made me give it a whirl. I was supposed to be doing a DD yesterday but I ate nothing all day long and then went "whole hog" in the evening. I learned to not go near the UD food on a DD. It triggers a binge.

That's cool that you keep in close contact with your friends on FB. I was into FB for a while but I got completely out of the habit of signing on. I used to play a lot of Texas Hold'em Poker. I am a millionare on Zynga Poker!

Have an awesome day, Julie!
Old 06-20-2012, 05:24 AM   #135

Awesome attitude Julie!! So happy you are where you are right now!
Old 06-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #136
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
It's not just YOU who eats to celebrate! It's our entire society. I have gone through those same questions with myself and my family. It's all about FOOD. Why? Let's go bowling or something!

I love your new attitude about food and your approach to it. It is something we all need to make peace with and so to have "bad and good" foods only instills in us being "bad or good" in relation to those foods. I can't live that way.

Julie, I hope you don't do another hhcg round. You've come too far to go back now. It's too much like a crutch or "an easy way out." You have learned how to manage your weight now and you don't need hhcg. I know it and you know it.

So many folks are talking about Juddd lately that it made me give it a whirl. I was supposed to be doing a DD yesterday but I ate nothing all day long and then went "whole hog" in the evening. I learned to not go near the UD food on a DD. It triggers a binge.

That's cool that you keep in close contact with your friends on FB. I was into FB for a while but I got completely out of the habit of signing on. I used to play a lot of Texas Hold'em Poker. I am a millionare on Zynga Poker!

Have an awesome day, Julie!
I use FB mostly for pics and staying in touch w. long distance friends. It's nice to have 1 location to keep up to date on everyone's stuff.

I'm not sure about hcg. I was so "done" with it, but I've been reading Weight Loss Apocalypse and it's very eye opening. Making me reconsider my avoidance of it. It's not a fix for me, as I think I'm on the right track in healing and fueling my body (finally). I'm not in a big rush either. But, if I can lose this 10-15lbs I'd like to, in 3 weeks w/o damaging myself, and then maintain there w. a healthy metabolism, it's certainly appealing. Losing any other way might do damage. Not sure. I love LC, but my research into metabolism seems to indicate that staying too LC for too long can damage our metabolism and give us an over sensitivity to carbs. So, I'm staying low-ish carb and trying to whittle down. I gave JUDDD 3 weeks earlier this year, but I wasn't mentally prepared for it enough to be successful. Too much deprivation on the DD's and that sent me binging on the UD's. It does work for many though, and I hope it'll work for you. I'm not there yet .

Going to keep working out and eating well. Working on "listening" to my body and not eating unless I'm really hungry. Looking for fun ways to celebrate my family w.o making it all about food. All good stuff and forward progress!! My dd (11) is really confused about hunger and boredom and entertainment. I'd love to be able to model and teach her about IE if possible.

Deb-thanks!! I am quite happy where I am. You have inspired me many times, and the IE is from you . See, as we experiment on ourselves we can spur others on to good things too!! Thanks!

A bit sore from yesterday's weights () so I'll rest today and plan something fun for the girls. It's nice being home full time w. them. They're doing Math, Grammar and Bible through the summer. Keeps them positively busy and on track .

Last edited by julieboolie; 06-20-2012 at 10:26 AM..
Old 06-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #137
Big Yapper!

I'd never heard of that book until reading the name in your post. I googled it and it costs just over $10 for the kindle version but I don't know if I want to spring for it. It has 22 great reviews, though.

I am having no luck at all with my second attempt at Juddd. Like you said, I am having trouble on the UD's. I have yet to do a real DD either. I just am so out of control with food right now. I don't know what the answer is for me but I'm tired of wasting time and my life trying to find the answers.

If you do another round (sounds like you will be), I hope it gets you where you want to go, and that you hardly notice you are on a strict dieting plan. Keep us posted, no matter what!
Old 06-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #138
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl- watch her videos. They're free on you tube. Robin Woodall. They're really good and challenge our views on food, dieting, weight etc. deb294ever has many linked in her journal. Her challenge on breaking the view of eating for any reasOn, other than hunger, can be practiced during the hcg plan,(actually tempting me to do it again) where ideally hunger is nearly gone and you find yourself wanting to eat for other reasons. I'm practicing listening to my body for ginger cues and eating when I'm really hungry. Not easy, ESP when you're out running around too much. But I think Im beginning to "get" it. I'm sorry youre struggling!! have you tried ketosis for appetite suppression? Hope you can find a way to lose while living well!!
Old 06-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #139
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Julie. I hope so, too. What are "ginger cues"? Did you mean "hunger cues"? I will go see those youtube videos! Thanks for the heads-up on them. I need something to jolt me out of this rutt I'm in. Happy for you that you are traveling down the right road for you.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #140
Big Yapper!!!!

Yep, stupid spell correct on my iPhone! Hope the videos are as helpful for you as they have been for me.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #141
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm reading the ebook Weightloss Apocalypse. It's very challenging. I like what I'm reading and it's really hitting home for me. Lots of good observations and insight into our culture and food and weight.

I'm wondering about what the lower calories do for our metabolisms over time? I'd been researching that earlier (RRARF), and it seems to make sense that to keep our metabolic rates humming we need to eat. W/ the eat "only when hungry, stop when satisfied" approach, I seem to be eating around 1200-1400 cals. I need to make those LC cals, as I gained a lb overnight (although I'm going to stop weighing daily). I'm enjoying the idea and practice. I am actually getting hungry now (had sunflower seeds earlier as I was just a bit peckish while out running errands). I'll go make my dinner now, but am working through this approach right along with you.

I'm only about 6-8lbs from where I'd like to live, so I am going to give this some time. If I can't seem to lose these few lbs I will consider another hcg round. I really don't want to do one, but I'm also not fearful of it either. Maybe we could do one together (if we both decide to). I'm giving it a few weeks (until July 4th, my anniversary) and will try to do it LC. We'll see where I am.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #142
Big Yapper!

Who, me? Yeah, I might consider doing a rogue round eventually. I'm just not in that "place" where I might be able to commit to anything for 3 weeks. I'm not angry enough at myself. That's the thing that fuels my desire to change. I'm not the least bit angry for what I'm doing. I'm just "fat and happy."

My sister is doing that "eat when hungry, stop when satisfied" and she actually got rid of her scale! I don't think I could liberate myself in that way but I admire her for ditching it. It's just a number, anyway. If your clothes show that you're shrinking and you are liking how you look and feel, what more do you need?

I'm heading off to bed now, but I wanted to get caught up on my threads. Have a lovely evening, Julie. Very proud of you for all you are accomplishing.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:03 AM   #143

I still need my book!! It should be here this week. I know it will be somewhat technical because I read the inside the book on Amazon. BUT, I want it!

Hope all is well with you this week Julie!
Old 06-26-2012, 09:20 AM   #144
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning ladies!!

I'm weighing in tomorrow and know it won't be good I have been trying to eat when hungry, stop when full, but apparently this will require some practice!! Plus, I now need to focus on more healthy options. I've been indulging (when hungry) in non-LC options, just to have them . I am still fighting years of deprivation and think that too will take some time to work through.

As long as I stay in the 150's while I "practice" I will be fine. I will probably need to do another round to get into the 140's to stay, but I want to wait until I'm healthy, balanced, metabolically active etc. KWIM? That may never happen but then again, I may be closer than I realize.

Deb-I've only gotten through a few chapters of the ebook. I need to just make the time to do it. I suspect that once I've read it I'll want to do another round. I really don't WANT to do it at all, and in the back of my mind I kinda' hope the IE and exercise will be enough to get me a bit lower. It's not that much weight, but there are definitely cute clothes and jeans I'd like to wear again and know the 10lbs will get me back there. I'll never be a bikini model, but I got to 146-148 earlier and was pretty happy there, so I think I can do it again and if I'm in a healthier place (working out regularly, eating when hungry not just socially, etc) I think it'll be easier to maintain.

Cheryl-I remember you mentioning about your sister before. Is she thin? I totally get "mad enough" I too need to be "fed up" in order to really make the sacrifice to lose weight. I'm not there either . I am trying to override the years of deprivation I've felt. I don't WANT to eat healthy LC food. I WANT to have ice cream, cookies and cake. I feel like I deserve it after working so hard for so long. That's a dangerous path to travel down. I can tell you that!! But, I'm trying to balance things and focus on a healthy view of food, exercise, and general fitness. Lately I've been trying to accurately assess who I am, where I am in the real world of "fitness" etc. I'm happy and surprised to report, that I'm in pretty decent shape . I can keep up w. people significantly younger than me, and w.o dying! Happy about that. There will always be people thinner, more fit, better looking etc. But, truthfully, there are as many folks more overweight, out of shape and less attractive than us too!! . We need to celebrate who we are. No who we WISHED we were. I'm not a huge "self-love" fan but have come to realize progress is more important than perfection, and I'm begining to get that enjoying the journey "is the destination". The process is fun too, I mean.

I think I've been a bad mom and have overridden my kid's natural "full" signals to make them "finish" their meals. I'm coaching dd(12) to stop and think before eating more. Are you really hungry? Are you thirsty? She gets a bit put off (mostly b/c she just wants to eat whatever it is I'm keeping her from) but she's just about the same size as me at 12 . I don't want her fighting w. obesity all her life, but I also don't want to create a problem for her when she's healthy and active, albeit padded. She'd like to be thinner and is very conscious of it, but she's also beautiful inside and out and smart too. When she's ready she'll do something about it. Still hoping puberty will help her. As she grows she'll curve out and elongate, which will really help too.

The next 4 days we'll be at the Phx convention center for hours each day for a Volleyball Festival. Dd (12) will be playing and loving it, and dd(9) and I will be watching and spending 7 hours supporting her . They have a "kidz zone" where dd(9) can play (for an extra charge, of course!!) which I think I'll take advantage of. I'll bring my ipad and try to read the rest of Apocalypse. I should have some down time .

I'm feeling good. Content, but then again, I'm off the scale until tomorrow . I'm having a DD of sorts today. Planning GY when I'm hungry. We'll see. I'd like to stay in the 150's while I practice IE and eating to hunger. That may not happen w. my carb sensitive body. We'll see I guess .
Old 06-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #145
Big Yapper!

You aren't by any sense of the word a "bad mom." Moms often can do no right. Damned if they do and damned if they don't. I think the best thing you can do for your daughter is just live the life you want her to live! Be the example and don't push things on her.

My sister was always the larger of the five of us girls. But she was never "fat" and because she viewed herself as the fat one, she ate. And over time and adulthood, she became morbidly obese. But looking back at her body as a child and teen, she was pudgy but not "fat."

We are so hard on ourselves at that young age. And the kids are merciless when they tease other kids for being different in some way. I know you want to guide her and help her but maybe take a step back and not say stuff when you really want to. Try to just lead by example. Eventually she'll want to follow your lead.

I love reading your posts, Julie. You have such a wholesome attitude and it helps me with my own. In fact, a number of the old-timers decided to begin another hhcg round and so I just climbed back on board. Today is VLCD2 and I'm doing it rogue style, as usual. I hope I can make my goal of being in the 50's by my birthday. ihopeihopeihope!

When you weigh, don't freak out. When I weighed after the two-day load, I was thinking I'd be even higher than I was. No matter how I've been eating, I am always under the 190's. To me, as someone who used to have trouble getting below 200, that shows me that I have reset! The next reset will be much lower.

I want to maintain in the 150's for a good chunk of time before I take off the last 15 or so. I know how critical it is to keep it off, not just to lose it! I am done with all this yo-yo'ing! It makes no sense and gets you nowhere but down.

When I try IE, I am like you. I try to eat all the things that have gotten me into trouble in the past. I did that with Juddd and I ended up bingeing on UD's and DD's ended up no better. I was just out of control eating that stuff. I think I just have to come to the conclusion that certain foods act like a drug to me and I can't be held accountable when I even dabble in them. Some things are just better left alone. (Please remind me I said that at some future date when I've forgotten these words of wisdom.)

Another thing I'm practicing this round is to only have "ONE" and never go back for a second, which then turns into a third and then the whole box. I just ate a GY (Key Lime flavor) and I wanted to go back and have another. "It's 160 calories. Two won't be so bad." But the thing is that the second one I eat only makes me want the pleasure to keep on going, and then it's all over. If I can limit things to One or None, then I'll have a formula for success. (Actually, I think that is what I'll call my new diet plan, after hhcg is done and I begin to maintain.)

You asked about my sister. She kept the weight off for quite a few years but then had a relapse and regained a bunch. It was a shame and she felt so bad because the surgeries were so much money and she knew that she'd done something irreversible to her body, now that the skin was stretched out again. But she had some redo's on her thighs and her legs were never as tight as she'd wanted them. (ETA: these redo's were before the regain.)

Now she is back to IE (or Weigh Down Workshop) where she eats like you said; eat when truly hungry and stop when satisfied, not stuffed. She can eat things like chips and ice cream and not completely lose it but she has the hardest times with eating when sitting in front of the tv. So, she started reading and turning the tv off and that has given her a great measure of control.

It's so important that we Tailor-make our plans to who we are! We are all unique on this planet. What's right for one isn't right for all. Here's to making our own plans for life!!!

Last edited by CherylB; 06-26-2012 at 11:55 AM..
Old 06-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Just stopping by to say hello!
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #147
Big Yapper!!!!

Amy!! Thanks for popping in!! You're such a good inspiration!! You're done!! The hard part at least . Although we all know P3 and maintenance aren't easy either!! But, they are more fun .

Cheryl-thanks for the encouragment. I do worry about DD and she's gained a bit more recently, judging from her belly . I don't want her to struggle like I have, but I can't seem to help her and dont' want to damage her further. I do hope her love of volleyball will motivate her to greater fitness and self control. Sigh. I'm trying to be a good example, and she's seen me work at my weight loss and fitness all her life. I hope I am showing her it can be done, but requires commitment, effort and sacrifice. Not things anyone is eager to do!! She did agree to workout w. me twice a week at the gym, which is a start!! We'll see. And I 100% agree w. you. We do need to find what works for us, or adjust a plan to fit our own lives, bodies and stages of life. I'm accepting (again) that LC is what will work for me in maintenance the rest of my life. Not saying that I won't have that cookie at Disneyland, or treat on bdays etc. But it will NOT be my normal mode of life!! WE can do it. Our time in now to take control and life our best possible life!!

I'm psyching myself up for another round!! Woohoo!! I can't wait!! I will be a loser once again!! It's been a while since I lost weight and I miss seeing the scale go DOWN!! I'm not feeling deprived any longer (taken over 2 months of eating!!) and hope my body is willing to lose again. I really hope my weight comes right back off and that my "newly recharged" metabolism will be happy to burn calories once I start eating them again. We'll see.

I'm kinda back to accepting LC as my permanent lifestyle. I've read all about RRARFing and metabolisms, and carbs needed for fuel etc. I've eaten more of that, and seriously it is fun!! But, if I am honest w. myself, it really doesn't work for me . I don't really miss bread and sugar. The occasional indulgence will be included on bdays, travel, etc. But, day-to-day? LC works for me. Froyo sits well, which is what I enjoy most. So that's something . I have tried to convince my body that carbs are ok and we should eat them. But, it keeps storing it as fat, so clearly we're at an impasse!! I give. I'd like to wear my smaller clothes comfortably and not feel icky. So, back to "work/P2" I go . I can do it. Anything for 3 weeks is tolerable and preferable to being in tight clothes!!

Doing mostly LC today, GY for bfast and lunch, then the tops of pizza and salad for dinner. Tomorrow is load day 1, which will still be mostly LC. Wed is my last load day, and I'll eat what I want. I know the scale will punish me, but I will be sacrificing for 3 weeks after that, so I will not hold back .
Old 07-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #148
Big Yapper!

Julie said: "I have tried to convince my body that carbs are ok and we should eat them. But, it keeps storing it as fat, so clearly we're at an impasse!!"

I hear that!! I am having the same problem, honey! (See siggy.) I have decided that I need to follow the plan that I did the first hhcg round. I have been thinking I could just make up my own rogue plan but I need to take action, not reinvent the wheel.

Glad to have you back in P2 with me! (Well, after your loading is over.) Let's get this party started. I am going to do all of July and then see where I'm at by my birthday. After that, I will likely do all of August and then follow a nice long P3. I have to learn to keep it off, not just lose it. I know I can lose it but I have yet to learn how to maintain the losses. Without learning that, I'm just wasting my time and being cruel to myself.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:52 AM   #149

Awesome Julie!!! Can't wait to get started on this round with you!!.. I am also ready to start losing well again. I love LC also, and it will be my life choice, but for now, I want the fat off!!!...

Enjoy the LOADING!! I will too!..
Old 07-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #150
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Deb!! Great to be losing together!! We got this!!

Cheryl-glad to be losing with you too!! Good for you!! I know it wasn't your first choice, but you can't argue w. the results!! We can do it!! Hope you're bathing suit ready by your bday!!

I'm starting at 164lbs!! Man, I can load like a pro! I didn't even eat all that much yesterday . But too much sugar probably . Oh well, I know it'll go. I hope it goes quickly as the recent gain has only been around a little while. We'll see. Sigh!!

Off to have lunch. Making chili and looking for a beef/cabbage recipe. Make it a great day ladies!!! We can do it!!