LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2013, 03:21 PM   #1441
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Thanks Debby!

I'm getting ready for tomorrow. Been baking all day - LC pumpkin cheesecake, gf apple crisp, and full sugar pumpkin cake with butterscotch and chocolate chips (still need to make icing for that one). I've even done all my grocery shopping today too! And, it wasn't even crowded at the store, which was a pleasant surprise!

My temp was 97.7 again today. I think I'm good. I'm up to 161.2 this morning , but I'm gonna try to keep any carbs before noon (except for tomorrow) and am gonna lower my calories more overall.... I've gotta get this weight back down, but don't want to "diet" per we, and don't want to resort to LC, as I know it'll come back when I reintroduce carbs... Which it seems my body needs to keep it humming along.

I hope you all enjoy a lovely Thanksgiving tomorrow and take some time to count your may blessings. God has been so good to me!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #1442
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Amen, honey. He's been good to me, too. So much to be thankful for. Have the best Thanksgiving Day ever!
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:11 AM   #1443
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Your desserts sound wonderful!! Have a great Thanksgivig Day!!!.
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:55 AM   #1444
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/127/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Have a great Thanksgiving !!
pandora174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #1445
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Happy Thanks - giving day!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:42 AM   #1446
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning friends! Thank you for the warm Thanksgiving wishes. It was a lovely day, lots if yummy food and nice visits. Ate all the leftovers finally, so it's back to salads and healthier fare for me!

Did some easy and successful Black Friday shopping, and yesterday were busy all day un-decorating Fall and getting our Christmas decor (inside and outside) done!! Woohoo! It's so nice to be done! We got a lot done, and it looks beautiful! I love the white lights on the tree, and the lighted garland on the stairs... Light a few candles and viola! Atmosphere and warm glow!! Just looks so pretty!!

For accountability, I'm up to 163.8 today that's a 2 lb jump. I has Chinese food last night and really hope it's that! Temps holding steady at 97.7, so I'm content with that. I'm going to start taking the garcinia Cambogia more faithfully this week in hopes of curing my appetite and getting the weir down while keeping some sugar in my diet. I always run back to LC to lose some weight, and I am going to try not to do that this time.

On a different note, I made it to my bodyump class thanksgiving morning, and dh went with me too! He's been really sore ever since! he signed up to try the gym for 3 months. It would be great if he got onto it! And my bestie Monica is joining too! Yay!! More loved ones at the gym means it'll be easier to stick with the workouts!

Anyway, we're trying another church this morning. My heart is not in it . But we need to ind a new home and it'll require lots of visits. Sigh. Happy Decenver 1!!!! I leave for Disneyland in less than a week! and .
Old 12-01-2013, 07:21 AM   #1447
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's great that you have company at the gym! You're selling it!
Hope you find the perfect fit for church!
Old 12-02-2013, 06:28 AM   #1448
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Debby! It'll be fun and keep me accountable!

Weight down to 160 this morning, which is the right direction. Unfortunately my temp is also down . 96.6 today so, drinking more yesterday and dropping my calories and carbs a bit helped the weight. I still had ice cream for dessert after my chicken tortilla soup. But I need to find a way to keep my metabolism going while I lose/maintain weight. I am encouraged to be down 3.8 lbs even with carbs in my diet yesterday. I also plan to drop 3 more lbs to 157 by Sat. I'd like to be solidly back in the 150's before vacation. I know I'll need to lose it again when I return, but I also know if I don't lose it now, I'll just add to it next week.

At least the house is decorated and clean. It's really beautiful and so nice to sit by the tree and enjoy the lovely glow I need to pack and plan. Gotta get our food all together too (we'll buy everything here and take a cooler, cheaper than in ca). Can't believe I'm leaving in 5 days!!

Last edited by julieboolie; 12-02-2013 at 06:29 AM..
Old 12-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #1449
Big Yapper!

I'd love to see a picture of your tree! I need to drag all my stuff down from the attic and get busy decorating, too. I sound enthused about it, don't I?

Wow! Leaving in 5 days. How long will you be there? I hope you have an amazing time.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #1450
Big Yapper!!!!

It looks better at night, but here it is . I'll try for one at night later .

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (47.4 KB, 12 views)
Old 12-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #1451
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Julie ! Hope you have a great time on your vacation. I was reading a Kindle ebook last night and thought of you. Basically it's how to re-start your metabolism and how body temperature is so important and getting over the Diet mentality. The author talks about how lc and basically all diets are just a load of bunk. He advises to take a month off from exercise, and EAT ! That we need to heal our meatabolism from so much dieting or restricting. Basically breakfast 30 min after waking up with CARBS and sugar lol but low protein in the morning. Then good carbs and fruit, grains, veggies, healthy fats, and proteins. Then eat lunch, dinner until full, even over eat. Don't worry about the scale and then after a month of re-feeding and getting your health back basically eat real foods, 3x a day and enjoy an occasional treat and exercise 3x a week. Don't overdo the water or limit the salt. No lc, low fat, macros etc etc...Sounds like you're doing things right !!

The book is Diet Recovery: Restoring Hormonal Health, Metabolism, Mood, and Your Relationship with Food by Matt Stone and it's free on Kindle. So reminded me of you but I just don't see that in the cards for me right now. Sure sounds good though ! Maybe I'll take some baby steps and start to add back in some carbs..

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html
Old 12-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #1452
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
Hi Julie ! Hope you have a great time on your vacation. I was reading a Kindle ebook last night and thought of you. Basically it's how to re-start your metabolism and how body temperature is so important and getting over the Diet mentality. The author talks about how lc and basically all diets are just a load of bunk. He advises to take a month off from exercise, and EAT ! That we need to heal our meatabolism from so much dieting or restricting. Basically breakfast 30 min after waking up with CARBS and sugar lol but low protein in the morning. Then good carbs and fruit, grains, veggies, healthy fats, and proteins. Then eat lunch, dinner until full, even over eat. Don't worry about the scale and then after a month of re-feeding and getting your health back basically eat real foods, 3x a day and enjoy an occasional treat and exercise 3x a week. Don't overdo the water or limit the salt. No lc, low fat, macros etc etc...Sounds like you're doing things right !!

The book is Diet Recovery: Restoring Hormonal Health, Metabolism, Mood, and Your Relationship with Food by Matt Stone and it's free on Kindle. So reminded me of you but I just don't see that in the cards for me right now. Sure sounds good though ! Maybe I'll take some baby steps and start to add back in some carbs..
yep, Matt stone also wrote "eat for heat" and endorses RRARF (rest, relax and radically refeed, or something like that ) basically doing the opposite of every diet we've ever followed, for months or longer, to get our metabolism humming again. I need to go download that one. Free? I'm off to amazon... I'm finishing up my 2nd week of trying to boost my metabolism. I'm doing well with it, my temps are up around 97.7 in the morning (except for today). But, I'm up on the scale too! Most people gain 10-40lbs on his plan, and the theory is that once you're "healed and healthy" your appetite will level out and you'll naturally lose weight. Not there yet , but I sure hope that happens! I must admit that ice cream for breakfast is really fun!! I'm 3 lbs above my LDW window, which isn't the worst, but I finished this round higher than I'd like to be. I'm torn btw the importance of getting to the weight I desire, or can accept and being healthy. Thanks for thinking of me! He's got some really good points, doesn't he?
Old 12-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #1453
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks for the heads up. Just downloaded it . Sounds a lot like the "eat for heat" book. I'm not sure which he wrote first, but on his site he talks about updating the books over time. I like the timeline in this one, as the other book you just keep at it until you're "healed"? Uh, not sure when that it? But I'd like to keep some control over it. I have noticed that the days I lighten things up (usually lower carbs and lower cals overall, and up drinks a bit) I have lower temps immediately (like today, down a whole degree!). Hopefully the next day it comes back up with the added sugar? We'll see!
Old 12-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #1454
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Just downloaded it . Sounds a lot like the "eat for heat" book. I'm not sure which he wrote first, but on his site he talks about updating the books over time. I like the timeline in this one, as the other book you just keep at it until you're "healed"? Uh, not sure when that it? But I'd like to keep some control over it. I have noticed that the days I lighten things up (usually lower carbs and lower cals overall, and up drinks a bit) I have lower temps immediately (like today, down a whole degree!). Hopefully the next day it comes back up with the added sugar? We'll see!

I'm halfway through his book. He does have some good ideas and has me thinking. But I just can't wrap my head around the "overeating" It's so against everything and honestly the thought of gaining makes me "But" he has convinced me that being so strict or restrictive is not healthy. So I am venturing back into the land of good carbs. Starting off every other day until I can have a balanced diet that gasp will include some indulgences every once in a while. He is very blunt isn't he though but convincing ? lol
Old 12-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #1455
Big Yapper!

Thanks for the heads-up on the free kindle book! I went to download it and discovered my kindle was dead, so once it is charged, I'm going to snag me a copy.

Have a great night, ladies.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #1456
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the heads up on the free book.
I love reading diet books... even if it is an UN-diet!
Old 12-03-2013, 10:20 AM   #1457
Big Yapper!!!!

Debby-un-diet is a good term! It's so radical, but makes good sense . Tough to balance all these thing out .

Cheryl-hope you got it!

Pandora- sounds like a good compromise . I'm not indulging much these days either,at least compared to that first week! I am still keeping my carbs higher which is really strange for me. I'm doing well though and hope to eventually be "healed".

The hardest part of this metabolism refeed is NOT running back to LC to drop the weight I've gained. It's so ingrained in me, and I know it'd work too, but once I try adding carbs back in the gain would happen again! I'm trying to break that cycle, recharge my metabolism, and maintain my weight. Whew! That's a lot to tackle! While working out consistently and living life! It's all good . I'm heathy and overall in good shape. I'm not "done" yet, but I need to keep it all in perspective.

Checking in- weight was 159.8 lbs this morning and temp was 97.2. I guess that's a compromise? I had real pizza last night for dinner! Crazy! I'd like to be down a bit more before Friday, but we'll see. I hurt my lower back, and I did manage to finish my weight training class today, but am currently sitting with a heating pad on my back. Took some ibuprofen and hoping for the best. I've had this same are get hurt before, must be prone to muscle spasms there? I'll take it easy tomorrow (Zumba) but may need to skip pump on Thursday... Need to be able bodied for Disneyland!

Last edited by julieboolie; 12-03-2013 at 10:21 AM..
Old 12-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #1458
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry you hurt your back! Hope it heals up fast! Ibuprofen & ice works for us.
Disneyland is such a fun place!
Old 12-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #1459
Big Yapper!

NO Zumba tomorrow! Rest and nurse that injury. You know better than to push an injury, girlfriend. Your body is telling you something. Listen to it.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #1460
Big Yapper!!!!

I went to Zumba and it actually felt better?! I think it's when I sit still and it cools off then I start to move again that I have pain. It tightens up again and is sore . But, during class it felt mostly good.

I'll skip bodyump tomorrow though, that'll be too much. Plus my car is going in for new shocks and struts tomorrow. I hope it's not outrageous. We're leaving Saturday for Disney and that car repair wasn't in the budget .

Weight 160.2, temp 97.4. Not sure why my temp isn't 97.7 anymore, except I am trying not to consciously overeat. I can't live like that. I'm hitting the carbs harder today, still trying to keep overall calories reasonable (1600-1800). I hope that'll help. We'll see. I feel good (except that muscle spasm) and look forward to walking all of Disneyland next week .
Old 12-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #1461
Big Yapper!

I really hope the car repair bill isn't too bad. Glad zumba helped with the pain. Night.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:46 AM   #1462
Big Yapper!!!!

Musings, reflections

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I really hope the car repair bill isn't too bad. Glad zumba helped with the pain. Night.
Thanks! Dh is really trying to get the car fixed pre-trip. Don't think it's as urgent, and since we're short on cash, want to wait. His ride to work just cancelled in him, so we'll see if it even happens. A control arm on the wheels is going? Something to do with shocks and struts? I know very little about it

Here's my update, warning-it's rather long!
My back is feeling somewhat better, but I'm taking the day off from the gym anyway. Temp was 96.9 today, and weight is up.

I'm not doing something right. I have been taking the garcinia Cambogia all week and my temps have been lower. I've also been trying to lose weight but not succeeding, although honestly I don't think I've cut calories or anything else enough, for that matter. I'm not sure what to do next.

I leave for Disney in 2 days and will not be watching my diet too closely while there. I'm hoping to come back in the low 160's, like today's 161.4. I'm hoping something will magically change, like my metabolism will suddenly be recharged and ready to maintain, or the GC will magically make me lose 5 lbs. alas, no magic is happening yet. it will be a great opportunity to practice intuitive eating though!

The other challenge I'm facing is a paradigm shift. For 10+ years I've been a LCer. I read DANDR and it made good sense to me. I tried Atkins and happily lost 100 lbs on it in a year. I was unable to get below 175 with Atkins, but I did eat plenty and felt satisfied. In the past 3 years I've done numerous rounds of hcg successfully, getting all the way down to 145!!! Woohoo, right? But alas, was unable to maintain it, so back for more rounds I went. I'm recognizing and accepting that losing the weight through such quick and drastic calorie reduction, is a recipe for long term failure for me. It's repeatedly putting my body into starvation mode, then expecting it to maintain that new lower body weight on a normal level of calories. clearly, not working for me! So I'm researching why. My metabolism is the missing link.

So, here I am, kind of wondering what to do next. I'm exercising faithfully, and pretty intensely. And, overall, i actually kind of like it. My body is not smaller, but is definitely more lean and muscular. My clothes don't fit better and have not become looser. BUT I am wearing the same clothes I wore last year 10 lbs lighter, which is really quite impressive. I definitely look better in a bathing suit. All positive things. I feel stronger, more confident, better posture. I like being able to eat what's in front of me-at parties, out with my family, etc. like a "normal" person .

But, for some reason, the scale still holds too much power over me. I am not happy in the 160's, and I'm not sure I want to convince myself to become happy up here. If I looked this way and the scale read 152 would I be happier? Ashamedly, yes! I'm guilty of wanting to say I weigh less?! I'd also like to be just a bit smaller as a few pairs of jeans are too tight still. And, in all honestly, I look heavier than I did at 145. Which, I should. I am not "thin", but I am healthy looking. I'm sure, even smaller, I'd want more. So I do recognize that I have the "never enough" quality.

So, those are my current musings. Reading the Matt Stone books is fueling these thoughts... Health vs. thinness... The balance. It's hitting home with me.

I'm not giving up, but I leave Sat. morning for a fun week n Disneyland. It'll definitely not be a weight loss week for me. But, for intuitive eating, It'll be a great week to practice! That's the current mode. Gonna give the GC another few weeks. I'll bring my thermometer with me, but not my scale. I'll work on eating to hunger, freely of whatever I feel like having, and not drinking too much water. I won't intentionally overeat. If temps stay low, I'll drop the GC when i get home and see if they come back up. Actually, taking it while away will be tricky, so we'll see how that goes.

Sorry for the book! Just recording my experiences, thoughts, plans and feedback.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:52 AM   #1463
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good stuff Julie. Thanks for sharing. Have a blast at disney!
Old 12-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #1464
Big Yapper!

I'm sorry, Julie. You really are giving it all you've got and I applaud your efforts. I hear your frustration and I wish I had some answers for you.

I have a sister who has always had a weight problem her entire life, but she started getting it together about 10 years ago and got so thin that we all thought she was TOO thin. She's a little shorter than I am so she's about 5'2" but she got into the 120's and was able to maintain there. She weighed and measured and counted everything she ate and drank (though she didn't limit any one food group) and she counted the calories she burned when doing her recumbent bike, etc. She walked and counted those calories too. She was a total "calories in, calories out" kind of dieter. It worked for her.

Long story short, she had some struggles and regained and is now getting back to her comfortable weight, but it's taking her a long time. She has given away her scale. (She weighs at the Dr's office or at the gym once in a while but that's all.) She doesn't own one anymore. Julie, maybe that is what you need to do too. Let your jeans or certain goal clothes be your guide as to what "size" you are and forget the number. I think (like you said), the number is taking a hold of you and it's no longer a rational thing. Discard the numbers and go with the jeans or some uncomfortable article of clothing that you want to wear comfortably and let those be your measure.

As far as the body temps and metabolism stuff, it makes my head spin. I don't address those in my replies to your journal because I just let you deal with those. You don't need my input in that area and I have nothing to add in regard to them, (other than to see a dog-gone Dr if you really are hypothyroid and get on some REAL medication.)

I can't understand, if the body temperature is an accurate measure or indicator of the body's metabolism and you got your temps up to the normal range, were exercising with all your might and still gaining or STS, how is that a better metabolism? It makes no sense to me. (Don't you wish I hadn't started talking about this subject I said I wouldn't talk about?)

Well, that's my input for the day. We love you, Julie. We don't want you to be a slave to the scale. Life's too short and you've come too far. Learn to love the body you have achieved and thank God for where you are.

Last edited by CherylB; 12-05-2013 at 08:46 AM..
Old 12-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #1465
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
<peeking from around the lurking corner>

julie…i just gotta second what cheryl ( hi cheryl) is saying about the scale. once i started following primal and exercising i totally gave the scale the boot. the biggest reason being….NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THAT SCALE SAYS!! ALL they know and SEE is how fab you look in clothes. the freedom i have from no longer weighing is indescribable. if my clothes are getting tighter, then i know i need to evaluate my diet. and not weighing hasn't caused me to get lax in my eating like one would think due to 'no accountability'. i DO have accountability….TIGHT PANTS!! that's all the accountability i need….that and the mirror….THAT THING DON'T LIE unlike the scale. my chiro has commented a couple times on how much weight i have dropped since spring….little does he know, in the rare few times i have peeked, the scale doesn't say much different from spring time. but he doesn't know that, all he knows is what he sees. this speaks more to me than a number on the scale….kwim?

when i feel like things are stagnant or stalled…i have stopped running to look for something to tweak or another woe to try. i keep on keeping on, b/c really…what's my alternative? going back to eating whatever and not moving at all?? what'll that get me? NOTHING and probably added weight. so i keep on. it'll kick in again…always does.

anyway….i hope i didn't come off as preachy…i just want so much for you to feel freedom from a number and hope that sharing the musings in my own head may help in some small way.

i hope you have a fabulous trip!!

OH! something i have wondered about….what is the theory behind not drinking too much and metabolism?
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #1466
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post

julie…i just gotta second what cheryl ( hi cheryl) is saying about the scale. once i started following primal and exercising i totally gave the scale the boot. the biggest reason being….NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THAT SCALE SAYS!! ALL they know and SEE is how fab you look in clothes. the freedom i have from no longer weighing is indescribable. if my clothes are getting tighter, then i know i need to evaluate my diet. and not weighing hasn't caused me to get lax in my eating like one would think due to 'no accountability'. i DO have accountability….TIGHT PANTS!! that's all the accountability i need….that and the mirror….THAT THING DON'T LIE unlike the scale. my chiro has commented a couple times on how much weight i have dropped since spring….little does he know, in the rare few times i have peeked, the scale doesn't say much different from spring time. but he doesn't know that, all he knows is what he sees. this speaks more to me than a number on the scale….kwim?

when i feel like things are stagnant or stalled…i have stopped running to look for something to tweak or another woe to try. i keep on keeping on, b/c really…what's my alternative? going back to eating whatever and not moving at all?? what'll that get me? NOTHING and probably added weight. so i keep on. it'll kick in again…always does.

anyway….i hope i didn't come off as preachy…i just want so much for you to feel freedom from a number and hope that sharing the musings in my own head may help in some small way.

OH! something i have wondered about….what is the theory behind not drinking too much and metabolism?
Old 12-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #1467
Major LCF Poster!

I so understand the scale and trying to get lower. Deep down I blame HCG. I lost my first 50 lbs going to a weight loss clinic (no hCG) where they weighed me on Friday. I did not OWN a scale. I waited for that Friday weigh-in at the clinic and it was more than enough. Then I started HCG and you just had to have a scale and it had to go down every day. That's when my love-hate relationship started. Then here comes P3 and you must weigh in every day because if you go over 2 lbs you need to do a CD & the relationship continued.

Everything is baby steps..look at how far you've come with the exercising ! I bet little by little you'll get where you need to be..
Old 12-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #1468
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I'm sorry, Julie. You really are giving it all you've got and I applaud your efforts. I hear your frustration and I wish I had some answers for you.

I have a sister who has always had a weight problem her entire life, but she started getting it together about 10 years ago and got so thin that we all thought she was TOO thin. She's a little shorter than I am so she's about 5'2" but she got into the 120's and was able to maintain there. She weighed and measured and counted everything she ate and drank (though she didn't limit any one food group) and she counted the calories she burned when doing her recumbent bike, etc. She walked and counted those calories too. She was a total "calories in, calories out" kind of dieter. It worked for her.

Long story short, she had some struggles and regained and is now getting back to her comfortable weight, but it's taking her a long time. She has given away her scale. (She weighs at the Dr's office or at the gym once in a while but that's all.) She doesn't own one anymore. Julie, maybe that is what you need to do too. Let your jeans or certain goal clothes be your guide as to what "size" you are and forget the number. I think (like you said), the number is taking a hold of you and it's no longer a rational thing. Discard the numbers and go with the jeans or some uncomfortable article of clothing that you want to wear comfortably and let those be your measure.

As far as the body temps and metabolism stuff, it makes my head spin. I don't address those in my replies to your journal because I just let you deal with those. You don't need my input in that area and I have nothing to add in regard to them, (other than to see a dog-gone Dr if you really are hypothyroid and get on some REAL medication.)

I can't understand, if the body temperature is an accurate measure or indicator of the body's metabolism and you got your temps up to the normal range, were exercising with all your might and still gaining or STS, how is that a better metabolism? It makes no sense to me. (Don't you wish I hadn't started talking about this subject I said I wouldn't talk about?)

Well, that's my input for the day. We love you, Julie. We don't want you to be a slave to the scale. Life's too short and you've come too far. Learn to love the body you have achieved and thank God for where you are.
Thanks for the love. the metabolism, hormone, thyroid thing is something I've been working on for a while. The thyroid meds the Dr gave me (synthroid) years ago, did NOTHING to help me-freezing all the time, brain fog, weight gain, dry skin, hair falling out, exhausted all the time. It wasn't until I started treating myself that I felt any better. SO much better! Mind sharper, hair staying put, loads of energy, good sleep..all much better. I get what you're saying about the scale... I think I will break up with it for a while. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post

Thanks! I do appreciate your encouragement. Glad to hear you're doing well away from the scale! I'm going to take a break from it for a while. It's really hard, as I've come to look to it daily for reassurance and accountability. My main concern is coming back to the scale and being up 10-15 lbs! darned spandex in jeans the days!! I may do a weekly weigh in. That may be a good place to start . Thanks! I'm off to pack for Disney you're definitely not preachy!! I love hearing about what you're doing and am excited that you're doing so well. I like the freedom idea and agree, I'm the ONLY one who sees the scale. I need to get over it.
The water and metabolism thing is something that Matt Stone endorses. Not sure about all the details but it's about your cellular metabolism and the excessive water drinking (which I'm guilty of!) washing out the electrolyte and sugar balance from the cells causing cellular stress as your body tries to stabilize the imbalance. This stress leads to slower metabolism. That's a rough summary of his theory. He claims most of us healthy eaters who drink tons of water daily are slowing our own systems down by doing so. Very interesting stuff. Especially to me as I'm working to boost my metabolism. I have drastically reduced my water consumption, switched to Gatorade when I'm working out and actually, gulp, chosen drinks with sugar in them!! crazy stuff!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
I so understand the scale and trying to get lower. Deep down I blame HCG. I lost my first 50 lbs going to a weight loss clinic (no hCG) where they weighed me on Friday. I did not OWN a scale. I waited for that Friday weigh-in at the clinic and it was more than enough. Then I started HCG and you just had to have a scale and it had to go down every day. That's when my love-hate relationship started. Then here comes P3 and you must weigh in every day because if you go over 2 lbs you need to do a CD & the relationship continued.

Everything is baby steps..look at how far you've come with the exercising ! I bet little by little you'll get where you need to be..
You're right!! I do think the hcg stuff is where the obsessive weighing came in. I've given it (the scale) far too much power. Begging it for a good day each morning. Thanks for the the encouragement! I have come a long way . The exercise thing has haunted me for years and I do feel like I have a good grip on that now. Thanks so much! .

Debby-thanks

Thanks girls! love you guys. I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna take a break from the scale, I'll go to weekly weigh ins for a while, and maybe even go longer btw than that. I'll want to weigh when I get home from vacation next Sat., and I will likely weigh tomorrow before I go, then I'll pick a day and do a regular weight tracking, once a week. the scale is not the only measurement. I need to trust my clothes and mirror more, dh too, he's very commentary .

Happy week all!! I'm off to see my Merriest Place on Earth!!
Old 12-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #1469
Big Yapper!

"He's very commentary"? Tell him to stuff it. No wonder you're so worried about the number. Do you have some jeans that aren't stretchy? You can put them on every couple days and see if they are snug/comfy/loose (oh, if only!) and then you can put your comfy stretchy jeans back on for living your day in. (Love those so much.)

Very happy to hear that you're willing to see how the other half lives. As far as the Dr's Synthroid drug you were on years ago that didn't work, you probably needed the Cytomel to go with it. I'd try to get it regulated by the Dr again and see if you can at least then have a lab result to go by to keep you in check, in addition to the temperature taking, the noting the hair loss, etc. I just don't think your self-medicating is working for you anymore. With your level of physical exertion at the gym, you should be losing weight.

I love you and want you to have an amazing time at Disney! Enjoy yourself, your family and your friends, be mindful of what you eat and drink and then come back home and carry on.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #1470
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Having a blast at Disneyland, no doubt!