Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #1411
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Temps good, in the mid 97's on waking and up to 98.4 yesterday mid day!! Scale is alo up ;(. But, expected!!! Going to low carb the rest if today with limited fluids and plenty of salt. I'll keep any carbs to mornings only. Hope that'll help me back down, but if not I'll LC a few days and see how the temps go. Balance .

Thanks for the encouragement friends!!! Much appreciated!!!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2013, 09:07 AM   #1412
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
This is wonderful Julie!! I like the idea of having the carbs earlier in the day. That is what I was doing when I ate my big breakfast early.

You are doing awesome!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #1413
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/128-130/128
WOE: hHCG, Currently Maintenance 5:2
Start Date: January 2012
Dr Oz does say eat carbs in the morning, so glad things are working out !

Julie have you tried or heard anything about vitamins for your daughter in conjuction with the ADHD medication ? I was reading about cognitive therapy (cogmed the program is called) but unless I win the lotto that's not happening. Some people swear by omega 3/fish oil and zinc with the meds. I found some sour gummies with fish oil with omega that I'm going to try and will keep reading about the zinc before I try that. My son is super picky about tastes and texture so if he doesn't like the taste he just won't do it...

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html
pandora174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #1414
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks deb! I'm pretty happy so far!! Now, to keep the weight off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
Dr Oz does say eat carbs in the morning, so glad things are working out !

Julie have you tried or heard anything about vitamins for your daughter in conjuction with the ADHD medication ? I was reading about cognitive therapy (cogmed the program is called) but unless I win the lotto that's not happening. Some people swear by omega 3/fish oil and zinc with the meds. I found some sour gummies with fish oil with omega that I'm going to try and will keep reading about the zinc before I try that. My son is super picky about tastes and texture so if he doesn't like the taste he just won't do it...
I too read about the omegas. Haven't kept up with it though. Didn't notice a difference though, truthfully it wasn't a dedicated effort. I did research a few years ago about gluten though. My dd was pretty angry when she was younger, usually ticked off most of the time and had a very short fuse. The research was that the gluten acted as an irritant in some ADHD kids making them super grouchy. I decided to give it a shot. Over Christmas vacation of all times! but it worked, she was like a new kid within 2 weeks. Even dh who was completely skeptical agreed it really worked. She's been Gf ever since and is really a happy kid now.

I'll look into the zinc and omegas again. I got some omegas for me and my dd likes taking pills. She'd probably happily take it.

I'm at 97.7 this morning!! and weight back in the 150's at 159.2. So, that's progress . Trying to get down some more by tomorrow, but we'll see. I'm hoping to get the weight back to 157 where I was pre-metabolism boost. Close enough to not sweat it.

Dd(13) tried out for 2 volleyball clubs yesterday and didn't take either team she was offered. I stayed and watched the last tryout and she rocked it!! Way better than the second setter they put on the top team, or 3 other players they also put on the top team. They put returning players who are much worse than dd on the top team. The coach for the 2nd team was really young and inexperienced. Dd got hurt last season due to an inexperienced coach and have learned enough that it's worth waiting for a better fit. Next Sat is tryouts for a new club team, down the street from my house, half the cost of the other clubs, where we know the lady coaching (her dd played w2 my dd last year) and like them a lot. Hopefully she'll make the team. Then we'd be able to afford some outside training for her (speed, agility, plyometrics etc. which she really needs coming off her hip injury). I'm trusting God has a plan in all of this for dd. hard to not worry though .

Have a great weekend all!
Old 11-17-2013, 07:37 PM   #1415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
So happy for you!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:30 AM   #1416
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Debby!

I'm down to 157.4 this morning. I'm not complaining!!!! Temps 97.7 again this morning (and throughout the day I get up to 98.2!!!) it's all good!! Really happy to see the scale go down!! I had toast and jelly with bacon for breakfast, ice cream, choc almonds, cheesy garlic bread etc yesterday, roughly 2300 cals and lots of carbs... Go figure!! I feel good, plenty of energy, clear headed, hair and skin doing well, warm hands and feet... Yay!!! I'm so pleasantly surprised!!! I feared, especially coming out of P3 that I'd have much damage control to face. I'm hungry when I wake up (Leptin must be better too!), and try to focus most of my carbs earli in the day.

Going to keep it going and see what this week brings. I'm really encouraged!!!
Old 11-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #1417
Big Yapper!!!!

I crashed at the gym this morning. First time ever doing that. Felt like I was gonna vomit and then I got weak and sweaty (er) from head to toe, thought I might pass out. I think it was a blood sugar thing. With eating so differently than "normal" I think my poor old body is a bit confused!! Feeling better now, but had to stop class 15 minutes early. Oh well, moving on, going to try to eat more "normal" now and see how I feel later.

Have a great day all!!
Old 11-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #1418
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I'm sorry you felt so bad during your class but you're obviously onto something with that new plan of yours. If you ate a carby meal before class, that would explain the blood sugar plunge. Do you usually eat before those classes or are you fasting? You'll figure it out. I'm surprised and encouraged for you! I never thought it would work, truthfully. I hope you aren't feeling dehydrated from not drinking much water. That would be hard for me, too.

Feel better and go back to your pre-workout meal deal next time you go to the gym. Eat what was making you feel so good during the class and worry about the carbs later. Have a great day.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #1419
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I'm sorry you felt so bad during your class but you're obviously onto something with that new plan of yours. If you ate a carby meal before class, that would explain the blood sugar plunge. Do you usually eat before those classes or are you fasting? You'll figure it out. I'm surprised and encouraged for you! I never thought it would work, truthfully. I hope you aren't feeling dehydrated from not drinking much water. That would be hard for me, too.

Feel better and go back to your pre-workout meal deal next time you go to the gym. Eat what was making you feel so good during the class and worry about the carbs later. Have a great day.
No, I don't usually eat sugary stuff before I work out. It was a bad idea in retrospect. i Felt better the rest of the day, and just has my regular coffee this morning. Did fine in pump today . It's crazy how quickly I boosted my temps. I am kind of shocked!? Tis totally unorthodox (really? Lower water, increase salt, sugar, starch and saturated fat? Flies in the face of everything "healthy" lifestyles promote) but, I have to admit, it's working!!

I'm not quite sure what to do next with this metabolism experiment? I don't think I expected to make progress this quickly... I don't want my weight to hover so high in the 150's (up again today ) so, I'm going to lighten up more today. Gonna lower my carbs a bit (again) and see if I'm back to 157 tomorrow. Temp holding steady at 97.7 again this morning!!

Feeling good (aside from that crash yesterday). With thanksgiving next week, then our trip to Disneyland the following Sat., then a week until Christmas after that... I suppose I will naturally continue to eat higher carb with all that celebrating (usually including indulging!). So, that part of my "plan" remains the same- stick to the 155-157 range through Jan 1. Then I'll need to decide if I want to just drop calories a bit (now that my metabolism is healthier?) and see if I can lose a bit more, or do another 3 week round? I'm not sure if either option will do more or less metabolic damage? But I know that the hcg round would strip off some fat. I've got time to decide...

Hope you're all doing well!!
Old 11-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #1420
Big Yapper!!!!

Musings...

Ive been reading, and thinking about all this metabolism stuff. The statistics of those who gain all their "lost" went back, plus more, is very disconcerting. We all know those who have lost lots of weight, only to "fall off the wagon" and regain it all plus a bit more. I'm convinced it's a metabolism thing... And while I think Matt stone has some shortcomings, he is on to something in this area.

Many people starve themselves to lose weight. In some capacity or other, it has to happen to actually lose the weight. Whether thats through drastic calorie restriction, more subtle calorie restriction, carb restriction, fat restriction, IF, juddd, etc the bottom line is that some type of calorie reduction has occurred to produce the weight loss. His theory is that this lowers metabolism (which I agree with) making it harder and harder to keep the weight off. This ongoing lowered metabolism is often exacerbated by continual calorie restriction, further causing the metabolism to slow down, becoming more efficient at storing energy with less and less being consumed.

This lower metabolism contributes to regaining and adding even more weight when we stop the diet restriction. Because our metabolisms are now slower, indulging, even a little, causes big gains. And we gain above our original weight, since our slower metabolism stores fat at the calorie levels at which we were previously able to maintain. Does that make sense?

The part of the equation I still haven't gleaned from his stuff is, how do you lose weight then? He seems to espouse the idea that it'll magically just go away as your metabolism increases? That sounds lovely, but I don't know of anyone that has experienced it. I'd love to give it a whirl, and I suppose my few months of maintenance while indulging (aka rebuilding my metabolism ) could be a place to start. I'm off to search for success stories on those who have healed their metabolisms while being able to lose weight.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #1421
Big Yapper!

looking forward to hearing what you find in your search for the answers.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:13 AM   #1422
Big Yapper!!!!

Temp was 97.7 again this morning!!! That's 4 days in a row!! it gets up to 98 during the day, which is mighty normal!! My weight is up today, but I'm quite sore from pump yesterday and think that's the problem. Gonna do a partial GY day today, with a normal dinner. I've had some digestive issues since dropping my water down and adding carbs, so I hope plenty of GY will help .

I feel great, plenty of energy, relatively clear minded, warm hands and feet... All seems well!

The high carb, high "everything" diet that is supposed to heal your metabolism isn't a permanent lifestyle, btw. It's meant to be followed for a month or so to get your metabolism humming again. It can take a few months, but I'm quite pleased with what a week has accomplished!! There is a lot of connection btw stress and weight, so a big focus is rest-plenty of sleep, not stressing about your weight or what you're eating... Easy to say, tough to do as a lifetime obesity expert here .

Off to Zumba. Had a yummy bowl of GY w/ some frozen raspberries. Oddly, I'm hungry first thing in the morning now, which I believe is a good thing too!
Old 11-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #1423

You are doing so well Julie! I am happy you were able to get those temps up and STAY up so quickly!! Great job.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #1424
Big Yapper!

Julie, you should go on Amazon and write a review of this guys book. It will help others decide if it's worth spending their money on it. I love hearing how it's working for you.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #1425
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks girls!!

I've been running around all day. Dd(13) needed an x-ray and MRI for her left hip (she had surgery on her right hip in July) and just started having pain in the left . The x-ray was clean, and the MRI will probably be ok too (at least I hope so), but it was a long day out running around. Ended up low carbing it and hope temps can stay up there. Tummy has been a bit upset too . Maybe stress or upping the GY today? hope all works itself out soon .

Zumba was awesome though!!
Old 11-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #1426
Big Yapper!

Oh, man! Not the other hip now. Please Lord, let it be nothing serious. Hang tough, sweetie.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:35 AM   #1427
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Cheryl!! I appreciate it!

God is good! Her MRI came back clean!! dr cleared her for workouts, volleyball etc. we were preparing for the worst, just in case, but I'm so glad she's fine!! Yay!! Likely just sore from getting back to workouts and compensating for the right hip . Walking all over Disneyland in a few weeks will be a nice bonus!!

Temp up to 97.9 this morning!! yeah baby!! Even with added stress yesterday . Weight still in the HIGH 150's, 159.6. I've noticed I'm usually low on Mondays, after 3 days off from my workouts. We'll see what this monday looks like. For now, I'll keep fueling and going to try to eat more intuitively. Maybe lighten my portions a bit, but when I'm hungry I'll go ahead and eat, even at 9pm! I never eat at night, but I'm trying to follow the plan and that's part of it.

Clothes fit well, I look slimmer and feel great!! I'm wearing clothes I wore 10 lbs lighter last year . Got a nice compliment last week I'll take it! I also think cup size is refilling with all the eating . That's a welcome find. During hcg rounds I usually lose there first so far, so good!

Hope you're all doing well!! I'm celebrating today that dd is well!!
Old 11-21-2013, 10:41 AM   #1428
Big Yapper!

That's wonderful news about your daughter, Julie. What a relief! Thank you, Lord. Also wonderful to hear that all the working out is making your body tighter. It has to be that if you're wearing things that only fit comfortably when you were 10 lbs lower on the scale, right? That's exciting!

Can you explain the eating at night as being part of the guy's plan? Does he say to eat whenever you're hungry or does he really tell you to eat late at night? Just curious. It's so amazing how your body temps rebounded almost immediately once you started to follow his plan. Remarkable, to say the least. Peaks my curiosity for sure.

I hope you have an excellent day.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #1429
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
That's wonderful news about your daughter, Julie. What a relief! Thank you, Lord. Also wonderful to hear that all the working out is making your body tighter. It has to be that if you're wearing things that only fit comfortably when you were 10 lbs lower on the scale, right? That's exciting!

Can you explain the eating at night as being part of the guy's plan? Does he say to eat whenever you're hungry or does he really tell you to eat late at night? Just curious. It's so amazing how your body temps rebounded almost immediately once you started to follow his plan. Remarkable, to say the least. Peaks my curiosity for sure.

I hope you have an excellent day.
Good point, he doesn't directly say to eat at night, but to eat when you're hungry. It's been really interesting. Lowering my fluids and adding the salt I can do following LC, but the sugar and starch are a big part of it, especially having been LC for 10+ years! It worked well for me initially to lose 100lbs, but then I found I couldn't lose any weight once I got to 175. I could maintain well, but not get below that. The research btw hypothyroid and LC is pretty compelling, and with my temps being chronically low while on thyroid meds, it really hit home for me. I've put my body and metabolism through a lot and then adding rounds of Juddd and hcg? gah! Ironically, the times I "fell off the wagon" and went overboard on "goodies" (vacations, birthday, holiday) I was actually helping. The amazing number of people who have yo-yo dieted for years, restrict cals or something else (fat or carbs?) and drop a bit of weight, then resume eating more and regaining, and then repeat over and over - leads to a drastically damaged metabolism that slows further with each calorie restricted, over-exercising cycle. This is so me!! I've done this for years!! Managed to get some weight off, then regain it, then back on a restrictive program, then a regain, etc.

So, I'm trying to maintain while recharging. The refeeding process is not a new lifestyle, you can't eat like this forever! But there are some who think a full year will be needed to truly reset your metabolism! no telling what I'd weigh if I ate this way for a whole year? But, by keeping up with the workouts and occasionally reigning it in, maybe I could a manage it and maintain? I "lightened" up my carb load yesterday and temps were good this morning . I'm optimistic. But will test it out over time.

The real challenge with my new perspective is that I had planned on a quick 3 week round in Jan to shed 10 lbs of fat. I could really use that! But, in the midst of all this metabolism boosting, I don't think that would help much in the long run. Kwim? Still mulling that over. Just getting my temps up doesn't mean they'll stay up there if/when I cut things back. That's the rub.

Last edited by julieboolie; 11-21-2013 at 02:42 PM..
Old 11-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #1430
Big Yapper!

It sounds like this is the cure (if there is one) and hhcg is the problem. (And diets in general.) If you go through all this and then stop and do another round of hhcg, you're just spinning your wheels. Don't you agree?

Maybe just try to make this WOE work for you and ride it out and see what happens. I mean, the whole idea behind the HCG/hhcg thing was to reset your hypothalamus. Did we screw up by not following strict protocol or is it a faulty plan to begin with? I'm so confused.

Have a good night. I'm fighting with my phone which keeps sending me the same dang text message my sister sent me yesterday. It is the first of three in a row, so it says (1/3) at the beginning. Keeps right on coming. This has happened in the past and I reset the Airave device, which was causing it (amplifies the phone network's signal in my area cause it's weak.) Just reset it and it's not fixed. Time to call the dog gone phone people.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:47 AM   #1431

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
hey Julie, wonderful news about your daughter, yes, He is good!! I feel ya on the whole diet thing...losing then gaining then losing again and so on. Hopefully you'll find what works for you in the long run.
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:19 AM   #1432

Cheryl is really on to something!!!! I believe it is faulty too.. all diets really, so keep on doing what you are doing, and see how you feel.. it has to be a good thing.

So happy your daughter is going to be A OK!!
Old 11-22-2013, 06:53 AM   #1433
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
It sounds like this is the cure (if there is one) and hhcg is the problem. (And diets in general.) If you go through all this and then stop and do another round of hhcg, you're just spinning your wheels. Don't you agree?

Maybe just try to make this WOE work for you and ride it out and see what happens. I mean, the whole idea behind the HCG/hhcg thing was to reset your hypothalamus. Did we screw up by not following strict protocol or is it a faulty plan to begin with? I'm so confused.

Have a good night. I'm fighting with my phone which keeps sending me the same dang text message my sister sent me yesterday. It is the first of three in a row, so it says (1/3) at the beginning. Keeps right on coming. This has happened in the past and I reset the Airave device, which was causing it (amplifies the phone network's signal in my area cause it's weak.) Just reset it and it's not fixed. Time to call the dog gone phone people.

Sorry about the repeating text. I hope you don't get charged for that? I've never believed in that reset idea. I truly hoped it was true, but have not experienced it. Most haven't either. but, I do think the short rounds do minimal damage (3 weeks isn't much time in the grand scheme) but then coming out of that and restring sugar and starch for another 3 weeks plus? That might cause more metabolic stress... I'm weighing the pros and cons of another round... The problem is impatience on my part .

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
hey Julie, wonderful news about your daughter, yes, He is good!! I feel ya on the whole diet thing...losing then gaining then losing again and so on. Hopefully you'll find what works for you in the long run.
Thanks! We're all figuring it out, which is part of the challenge. Balancing losing and eating and maintaining, while Staying healthy.... Sigh. That intuitive eating idea sounds so good to me. Not stressing, just paying attention to my body's signals. Maybe once my metabolism is healthier that might work for me? Enjoy your cruise!! Isn't that soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Cheryl is really on to something!!!! I believe it is faulty too.. all diets really, so keep on doing what you are doing, and see how you feel.. it has to be a good thing.

So happy your daughter is going to be A OK!!
Thanks! And yes, I like the less restrictive idea as well, just not sure this body, which was quite happy and stable at 270+ lbs, will agree to 145-150? It seems to gravitate to 160 at this current time, which is better than my previous set point of 175, but that's where my body and I disagree . I'm negotiating for low to mid 150's as a compromise . At least it's accepted the exercise finally . That's a start .

It's pouring here today, has been overnight too. Very odd for us . Chilly too! Temp for me was 97.7 again this morning. I can live with that as my new "normal". Now, to keep the temps up and get one weight back down. That's the trick. Not sure LC will accomplish at, I'm leaning toward more calorie reduction, but keeping all things in balance. We'll see. It's fun experimenting, but with Thanksgiving coming, then a week in Disneyland, then Christmas with all parties and social eating? I'm usually good for 5-10 lbs throughout all those events! hope to not repeat past mistakes, but I'm struggling, mentally, with reigning it in during my metabolism boosting phase

Either way, it's payday and Friday!, happy weekend all!
Old 11-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #1434
Big Yapper!

Payday's rock!!! I have one next Wednesday. My little farm job keeps me going. Thank you, Lord!

My 2 ˘'s = You may call it a short round, but in the original protocol, 21 days was the length of the P2 part of it. Us roguers made it into something longer. 21 days of doing something harmful is 21 days too long. I hate to be the one to bring you down, but I think it's going to take more "my 2 ˘'s" to sway you. If you would rather that I stop trying and just watch you do what you will do, just say so and I will bite my lip.

I hope there isn't any major flooding associated with all your rain. When I lived in Las Vegas, it would flood really bad right behind the property we rented. We had a huge block wall and one time we got up on it and video taped the raging river flowing down the street just on the other side. That section of our old neighborhood has been on one of those "when weather turns deadly" kind of programs.

OTOH, we were amateur storm chasers and if the rain was up in the mountains or off in the distance somewhat, we'd jump in our van or car and head up to Red Rock Canyon to drive through the loop and see if we could come across a flash flood river. One time, we did. We got out and walked around in the water with the dog and our bare feet. It wasn't deep but the water was so warm from running across the hot desert. Fun!

I have unlimited texting so no charges for the repeating ones. I think it's finally over now. I reset the Airave and removed the battery from the phone, then turned everything back on. I started getting the repeat text a few more times but then it just stopped. I hope it's over now. Annoying! I only switched to Sprint because of my family. Turns out I didn't need to cause nowadays, you can pretty much talk for free from cell to cell, regardless of the carrier. If that's not true, then I am glad I'm with Sprint.

Work today. Upper 40's and somewhat soggy. Supposed to dry up later on but I'll be wearing my rain boots. Muddy horses for sure! I hope they've got their turn-out sheets on them.

Have a nice day, Jules.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #1435
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-thanks! I appreciate your input. I'm definitely not too happy about future rounds. I like the idea of actually shedding some real pounds, but am over the idea that it's worth damaging my metabolism. But, continuing to gain while working on "healing" is frustrating. I guess I need to set some priorities and see if I can balance things.

Temp this morning was 98.1!!:jump joy: That's a first! I did have some chocolate cake last night at a birthday party! so, understandably the scale is up a bit today (162.2!! ) So, I'm having GY w. raspberries for bfast and lunch-more to clean out the fridge, it's portion controlled and yummy, and it's got enough carbs to satisfy my "refeed" goals while not impacting the scale.

I've got chicken tortilla soup in the crockpot for dinner, so that'll probably be what I enjoy later. Just trying to clean it up this week (before Thursday ) so that I have a bit more breathing room. I suspect I'll be back around 159ish tomorrow, but I should be at 157. Oh well, it is a necessary part of the metabolism reset.

Along that line, how in the world did I expect 3 weeks of 500cals to RESET my metabolism/hypothalmus? That little hormone could do that much? Nope. I don't buy it. But, it does help control your appetite so you can drastically drop your cals and lose the fat, but I don't think it does anything to protect your body in the process. At least I wasn't taking phenphen or other weight loss drugs. I did use the homeopathic, but still think I'll avoid future rounds. Sigh. Live and learn!!

Onward I go!! Hope you all enjoyed a fun weekend!!!
Old 11-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #1436

Great job on your refeed Julie! Your temps are doing great!!! I agree with the HCG. There is nothing like the losses but at what cost? I don't believe it resets anything and don't understand why the doc said it would?

Anyway! Keep on doing what you are doing!!! It is certainly working.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #1437
Big Yapper!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-26-2013, 03:31 AM   #1438

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Hey Julie, it is a challenge to be satisfied with much slower losses and even some gains when not doing the quick-fix that hhcg offers, but like we know you will gain the weight back if you don't continue to weigh daily and eat accordingly. I wish you much success whatever you do.
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #1439
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Hey Julie, it is a challenge to be satisfied with much slower losses and even some gains when not doing the quick-fix that hhcg offers, but like we know you will gain the weight back if you don't continue to weigh daily and eat accordingly. I wish you much success whatever you do.
Thanks! I like your siggy - whatever works! Exactly!! I've been successful with hcg, overall, but I'm not likely to go back to it again. Slow and steady would be nice, but I can't seem to lose at all. I'll, figure it out. After Christmas . Have a great trip!!

Quote:
Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanks! You too! Gobble gobble!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Great job on your refeed Julie! Your temps are doing great!!! I agree with the HCG. There is nothing like the losses but at what cost? I don't believe it resets anything and don't understand why the doc said it would?

Anyway! Keep on doing what you are doing!!! It is certainly working.
Thanks! I'm enjoying this part . Trying to balance it all out, but happy to feel better about my overall metabolism in the meantime. I'd like to be able to drop a bit more, but I'll figure that out later .

97.7 again this morning! and I ate rather LC yesterday too! I won't stay super LC though, as I think it lowers my temps and likely my metabolism in the process? Can't prove that, but my temps are really low when I'm following Atkins strictly. I'm striving for balance . Weight back in the 150's today (barely, but I'll take it!) 159.6. I've been this number w lot the past 2 weeks of my experiment, which is 2.6 lbs above my LDW range. I'd like to get back down to 157, but not gonna cd to do It. Working on a bit lighter eating today, took garcinia Cambogia just now and hope it'll help with hunger. I stopped taking it for a while, when I started the experiment, but I'm back to it now.

Have a great Tuesday! I'm off to get a Brazilian blowout now . Less frizzy hair!!
Old 11-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #1440
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Have a blessed & fun Thanksgiving!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote