Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #1381
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Bumped up again today. sigh. Tom arriving (early again!!) worked heavier weights yesterday resulting in super sore muscles today... All that to say I'm out of window. not gonna sweat it, or CD it. Going to eat lighter and low carb all day and wait for the scale to come back down. I need to take a few days and just suck it up, be a little hungry, and get my weight down to LDW again. Then I can dabble a bit more. But I can't keep messing around this far up in the 150's. it's not a huge deal. A few lbs. but, that becomes a slippery slope if I don't take it seriously and nip it in the bud. So, I am. .

Thankfulness day 7- thankful for my good friend Monica. She's been such a blessing to me- neighbor, real estate partner, wonderful dear sweet friend.

Day 8- I'm thankful for my inlaws. They've been loving and accepted me right into their family and I'm especially thankful for my MIL who I totally adore. I am richly blessed!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #1382
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #1383
Big Yapper!!!!

Down to 156.4 today, which was a nice. I ate low, low carb yesterday, and around 1100 cals. Felt really full though, so no hardship. Planning low carb today again, and so far, so good.

On a sad, sad note. Our beloved kitty cat died this morning. Vet thinks it was kidney failure, but she went downhill really fast. She died here at home, and dh buried her in our yard. Sad day. She was an amazing cat. Sorely missed . Thankfulness day 9-I'm thankful we had 10.5 years with a wonderful kitty!!!
Old 11-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #1384
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
So sorry you lost your kitty today. What a nice long life she had!!
Good job on the wt. loss on LC Nice to see the numbers you want.
Have you found a church to go to yet? There are so many great ones down there... shouldn't be too hard.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #1385
Big Yapper!

I'm so sorry, Julie. ((HUGS)) I hate when our beloved pets have to leave us. They love so completely. No pretention, just pure affection and companionship. I hope she didn't suffer long.

Do you still have the tortoise and a dog? I forget how many animals you have.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #1386
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks girls. I appreciate it. We really miss her she really was a wonderful cat. We do have 3 dogs to keep us distracted. We've chatted a lot about all the happy memories we have of her.

Today we went hiking in Oak Creek Canyon, beautiful day, perfect hike, family time. Just what we needed.

Day 10- thankful for the beauty of God's creation. So taken for granted, but it's really amazing to see all He's made .
Old 11-11-2013, 07:13 AM   #1387
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!! Today is my first day of P4 and I am in window!! Barely, at 156.8, but I'll take it!! I went for a long, beautiful hike yesterday in Sedona with dh, dd(10) and my dneice. It was a beautiful day and I just love hiking along the creek in Sedona!! Some of God's best work out there!! we went out to dinner and I enjoyed sweet potato fries!! They were yummy!! And I'm in window today? Yay!! I suppose I have been dabbling in starches and sugars much more than usual this P3, but I'm quite happy to be in window while doing so!! so, today since I'm at the top of my window, I'm going to keep it clean and LC. Then I think I'll loosen up a bit more tomorrow and see how I do. I think my body likes this general area on the scale, which I'll take for now.

For record keeping, temp is 96.3 this morning . Not sure what to do about it? I've been hoping to bring it up through adding more starches and sugars, but wonder if I need to reevaluate my meds? I feel ok, but know that it's not good for me to have such low temps, and it indicates my whole body isn't regulated correctly, but I can't seem to get it to work right. Exercise is pretty well established now which is great, weight is stable, and I eat pretty well. Now, to straighten out this piece of the puzzle.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #1388
Big Yapper!

So happy you all enjoyed a hike along the creek in Sedona. I agree with you about God's creativity in that part of AZ. WTG on being in your window and entering P4! May you figure out the temperature thing and get that up where it should be. At least in the 97's.

Have an awesome day, Julie.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #1389
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm at the top of my window (157!) and happy with that. My metabolism is pretty slow right now, despite faithfully taking my thyroid meds and eating a lot, and exercising faithfully. I am at a basal temp of 95.6 right now!!!, which is 2 full degrees below where should be. (Body temp is a good indicator of metabolic health).

So I'm reading up on the subject, "Eat for Heat" by Matt Stone as a starting point. So far I'm learning that I'm drinking too much (water especially) and need to up my sugars, starches and salts. Sigh. It's a fun pursuit, but not if the scale climbs!! I added sugars yesterday, and starches Sunday. Temp still low, scale ok for now. I'm focusing more today on doing it earlier in the day to hopefully have less impact on the scale. We'll see. The book makes a lot of sense, but the healing process is completely opposite of the weight loss process. Hopefully I can maintain with it through the end of December.

I had ice cream after dinner last night! it's been so long since I have had REAL ice cream!! It was yummy! may have some more today? We'll see. I've had chocolate almonds and half and apple with my scrambled eggs so far today. Odd combination, but it's part of getting all the "S's" in with my meal, salt, starch, sugar and saturated fat. Evidently the recipe for weight gain is also the recipe for metabolism boosting? I'm trying to find the balance. I am not done the book yet, but hopefully somewhere in there is says it only takes a few weeks... as I'm not sure how long I can do this without a gain?
Old 11-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #1390
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Oh boy Julie! Good luck!! I know how much Matt makes sense, so if you have to do something to up those temps, go for it! I also hope it doesn't cause weight gain, but you can keep a handle on it.

Congrats on keeping off the HCG pounds!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #1391
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, I am sure the scale will jump tomorrow! but my temp is up to 98.3 now . It's the morning temps that tell the whole story, but I am encouraged.

I'm upping my salt, not drinking anywhere near as much water as I was, eating more sugar and calories overall. His point is that long term dieting (including low carb which has been 10 years for me) and yo-yoing, hcg etc, has really screwed up my (and most others) metabolisms. I remember the rrarf stuff I've read in the past goes along with it. We've trained our bodies to survive on so few calories...it's no wonder our metabolisms are shot!!

The not drinking thing is HARD! I have been told forever that drinking more and more water is soooo good for you, I'm addicted! I drinks a LOT of water throughout the day and it keeps me full and not eating as much. It's quite a mindset change!

Made chicken chili for dinner, but I'm not even hungry. Too much junk consumed today . A light dinner is fine at this point.

Zumba tomorrow, weights were good today lots of lunges- which I hate!! But that's the area that needs the most work, so what can I do? Gotta do it!!
Old 11-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #1392
Big Yapper!

Wow, Julie. 95? How do you feel when it's that low? I'm only asking because I normally have temps in the 97's and I am almost always the warmest person in any given environment. In fact, the lady at the farm said (today), "You KNOW it's cold when Cheryl's wearing a coat!"

I know the last thing you want is my advice but I would lay off the gym workouts and just scale it back to brisk walking. I think your body is fighting the exercise by trying to lower your metabolism via temperature. Does that make any sense? If so, give it some thought. If not, just forget I said it.

I never heard of that book you mentioned so I went on Amazon and started reading some reviews. Being a cynic, I always start with the negative ones. It's worth reading what others have experienced or thought of the book.

Aren't you glad I stopped by? Leaving now. Love you! I really do. I want you to be well.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #1393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I raise my thyroid meds by 15mg? every 3 days when my temp goes down... that keeps it closer to 98 & sometimes even 98.6
However, if its your adrenals, your temp will be all over the map during the day too... need to establish if its your thyroid or your adrenals.
Cheryl, you're actually right about the heavy aerobics... apparently our cells don't function the same after we've been hypothyroid... they recommend steady work-outs... not "heavy aerobics" as the cells can't work properly. I could look up the article if you need it.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:49 PM   #1394
Big Yapper!

I'm right? Good golly miss Molly! Every once in a while, it happens. The law of averages and all.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #1395
Big Yapper!!!!

you guys are so sweet. I have considered scaling back my workouts some. Ironically I'm finally to the point where I don't hate my workouts, they're tougher than I've done in the past, but I like them and feel good! I don't do much aerobics. Zumba is pretty aerobic, but only one day a week. Tues/thurs is just weight training. Monday is kickboxing which is certainly cardio, but I didn't make it Monday.

Historically the low cals and low carbs have dropped my temps too, and that was before my thyroid meds. I'm hesitant to adjust my meds yet. My temps were 97.2 before this last hcg round. I knew it was a risk but hoped it wouldn't do much harm to my metabolic rate. I couldn't drop weight any other way, so it was worth it.

I'll try to take it easier (lower intensity) at Zumba tomorrow, and see how I feel. I've felt really good - not tired or worn down. I'm not sure that the low temps are impacting my life that much? My hair, skin and nails are dry, weight is always a challenge, some brain fog and fatigue, but not as bad as I used to have. The low metabolism is only a concern to me for energy, immune system, weight maintenance and mental sharpness.

I'm experimenting. If I can do the recommendations (lower water consumption, increase salt, add sugar and starch, 8 hours or more sleep a night)) and still maintain my weight I'll be thrilled. Ill shoot for a full week and see how my temps ( and weight) fare. If I'm gaining like a mad woman, I'll reign it in. But, the scientist in me wants to see if I can get that temp up and be all warm and toasty .
Old 11-12-2013, 08:16 PM   #1396
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It very well may be that you will recover your temps after you recover the whole HGC thing.
I think they are talking about 'running' for high aerobics... Zumba is aerobic, but can you sing along, or talk during it? If so, you're fine! We do need to get our heart rates up, but just not in that 'high' zone. It certainly has sounded like the exercise is doing you good.
Hope you continue to love your exercise & see your body heal itself too!
Old 11-13-2013, 06:33 AM   #1397
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
It very well may be that you will recover your temps after you recover the whole HGC thing.
I think they are talking about 'running' for high aerobics... Zumba is aerobic, but can you sing along, or talk during it? If so, you're fine! We do need to get our heart rates up, but just not in that 'high' zone. It certainly has sounded like the exercise is doing you good.
Hope you continue to love your exercise & see your body heal itself too!
Oh yes, there's singing!! especially when they do 80's music!! it's fun, but a great overall workout!! I like that I wm doing something so good for my body and enjoying it too!

Are you ready for day 1's results? I took my temp first thing this morning, still in bed like I did yesterday... 97.3!!!! crazy!! in 1 day!? That's a 1.7 degree jump in 1 day? Wow!! My body must have been really in sad shape to respond so quickly!! I dropped my water consumption WAY down (which was hard, believe it or not). I added extra salt to my food (my eggs and my chili in particular, but chose pistachio nuts as a salty snack mid day). I had ice cream, choc almonds, a snickers bar! etc. came in at 2200+ calories for the day and am up 0.8 lbs this morning. Not that bad, all things considered.

So, today? I'm not sure yet . I've got Zumba in a bit, then I'll have something yummy when I get home, maybe some oatmeal? With real butter and brown sugar in it.... Then see what the day brings. I'll try to go lighter today than yesterday and hope for the best .
Old 11-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #1398

That is great Julie!! Wonderful temp change for you! I also had to drop my water consumption way down from all the recommendations. I have kept that advice no matter what plan I am doing. I love water, so it is tough.

Just keep on doing what you are doing!!
Old 11-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #1399
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks!! I gotta admit I like eating more carbs . But I'm sure the scale will catch up with me so I'm going to reign it in a bit today. I'm trying not to add any additional carbs after noon, but may do a starchier component with dinner. Potatoes maybe? I'd like to follow the salt, starch, sugar and fat thing and may try to load the carbs early in the day… still a work in progress .
Old 11-13-2013, 06:32 PM   #1400
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 11-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #1401
Big Yapper!

Sounds promising, Julie! Let's see how this plays out.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:10 AM   #1402
Big Yapper!!!!

Temp still up to 97.3 today. but, weight is also up . I did gluten and starch yesterday, and in the evening, so I'll change that today. All part of the experiment. But, not going to let it undo my hard work. Cleaner today, steak for dinner, nothing after dinner.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:01 AM   #1403

That is wonderful about your temps Julie. I also found the same problem when I has starches in the evening. Weight goes up, and mine kept going up up up and didn't stop. Of course you have a good plan of action, and I just chose to keep on eating it..

I think that can be a big part of maintenance. If you overdo one day, reel it back in the next with some clean protein eating. My problem was the reeling it in, got farther and farther between the starch/sugar all out feast days.

You will figure it out though, life is a big ole experiment!!
Old 11-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #1404
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, reeling it back in isn't fun!! I am trying!! But I'd rather be enjoying that yummy ice cream I have in the freezer . I did have a few bites for "breakfast" so I got my fix. I'm planning to grill some steaks for dinner and do lighter lunch (probably lunchmeat roll ups ) and then be "good" the rest of the day.

I did a good workout today and am done for the week (phew!!) I'm hoping to hold it steady w. the temps and drop the weight back down a bit. The lower fluids are starting to impact my regularity, so I'm not too happy w. that. It'll also impact the scale too. Sigh. It's all a balancing act!
Old 11-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #1405
Big Yapper!

Keep on keepin' on, honey. Like Deb said, life is one big experiment.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:44 AM   #1406
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, I woke up this morning and took my temp (as usual, first thing, still in bed ) and... It was 97.9!!!! Seriously?? That's a NORMAL temp!! I'm so surprised and happy!! It actually seems to be working!!! Who knew?? Crazy!! And, my skin actually feels better, less tight and dry. My hands and feet are warm... It's amazing!! Woohoo!

But, I'm 2.5 lbs out of window . I'm a bit constipated from the drop in fluids and once that all straightens itself out I'm sure it'll be a bit closer. I'm going to lower cals a bit more today and see where I land. I did lift yesterday so I'm often up a tad from that too.

What a great week!! When I was logging 95 degree temps I was really regretting this last round. I was really concerned that I had, once again, tanked my metabolism. I recall when it did the RRARF stuff Spring of 2012 it took weeks and about 10lbs to bump my temps up some. But not even to this level. Very interesting!!! Woohoo!!

Now, to whittle this gain back down, while keeping the temps up. I'm excited to try .

Happy Friday!!
Old 11-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #1407

This is great news Julie!!! Keep that experiment going!
Old 11-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #1408
Big Yapper!

I'm so glad it's working for you and that you even feel better! That really is fast results. Enjoy your day and see if you can get "Bernice" to show.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #1409
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/130-134/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
HI Julie ! Just checking in Glad things are working out for you !!
pandora174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #1410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!