Old 10-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #1351
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Beautiful pics! I would NOT want to be down there during a flash flood, though. AZ has so much to offer. I miss being out West! Maybe eventually I will get to a place in my life where I can travel again.

I'm so glad you had a great time! Welcome home and back to the gym and your eating plan. You go, girl. Have a wonderful week.
Thanks! It really was so beautiful!! The red rocks and the way the light reflects off the walls is just lovely!! We are richly blessed to live in such a beautiful area. I sometimes forget (around August when I'm melting!) how lovely it is here .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2013, 10:25 AM   #1352
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ASHLEY2HAWAII
Stats: 196/183/125
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: RESTART 7-8-14
Your new avi is so great, you look so good! You are a real inspiration!
I don't blame you for wanting to just stay and maintain. This P2 is hard!
It looks like you had a great time, I love Page! We love to eat at Stromboli's but it seems they are always closed when we go
At least you got in a lot of good exercise! We love to go to Show Low and Pine top and Greer. It is such a nice change of pace.
ASHLEY2HAWAII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:31 AM   #1353
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I remember the heat. And the dust. But I also remember the beauty and that's what calls me back. I know I'll come out there again someday, if the Lord be willing. November 30th is when my nephew and his bride learn where they will be moving to. She's doing her Residency as an ER Dr in a hospital in Indianapolis right now and she's applied all over the country (in coastal locations). I don't know how it works but you end up getting assigned somewhere. I'm excited to hear where they will be going. I am secretly hoping WEST but his sister lives in Maryland and works in DC so if they end up in Maryland, that would be fantastic for them as a family.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:04 PM   #1354
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHLEY2HAWAII View Post
Your new avi is so great, you look so good! You are a real inspiration!
I don't blame you for wanting to just stay and maintain. This P2 is hard!
It looks like you had a great time, I love Page! We love to eat at Stromboli's but it seems they are always closed when we go
At least you got in a lot of good exercise! We love to go to Show Low and Pine top and Greer. It is such a nice change of pace.
Thanks Ashley! We almost ate there. Dh and dd are gluten free so we didn't. We tried Bonkers and Fiesta Family Mexican (both good). It was a blast!! Never tried Showlow, but would like to. I have a voucher for Greer-was that pretty? Maybe for snow? We usually go to Flagstaff, that and Sedona are my favorite!

Quote:
I remember the heat. And the dust. But I also remember the beauty and that's what calls me back. I know I'll come out there again someday, if the Lord be willing. November 30th is when my nephew and his bride learn where they will be moving to. She's doing her Residency as an ER Dr in a hospital in Indianapolis right now and she's applied all over the country (in coastal locations). I don't know how it works but you end up getting assigned somewhere. I'm excited to hear where they will be going. I am secretly hoping WEST but his sister lives in Maryland and works in DC so if they end up in Maryland, that would be fantastic for them as a family.
It's exciting to have an opportunity to move and start a new life. Hope the decision goes their way. It really is beautiful here. We don't have many leaves changing, but it's cooled off so nicely and it's been a nice Fall anyway. Lots of mountains to climb/hike and red rocks are wonderful! Very spoiled!

Here's one I love - will likely be a Christmas card picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2025.jpg (24.4 KB, 26 views)
Old 10-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #1355
Big Yapper!

Oh! So awesome! Look at all the variations in color and light and shadow and everything. Wow, honey. Such a surreal place.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:42 PM   #1356
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Beautiful pictures Julie!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #1357
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
I love the pics Julie!!! That almost does not look real!.. amazing!!!!

You look fab of course! As does your whole gorgeous blonde family!.
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #1358
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Oh! So awesome! Look at all the variations in color and light and shadow and everything. Wow, honey. Such a surreal place.
It really is amazing! Only a 5.5 hour drive from me...so you know we'll go back!! Loved it! The sharper pictures are just amazing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Beautiful pictures Julie!
It was a beautiful canyon, every angle was breath taking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
I love the pics Julie!!! That almost does not look real!.. amazing!!!!

You look fab of course! As does your whole gorgeous blonde family!.
thanks! I have to dye my hair to keep up with the rest of them!! I one was a natural blonde, and am still reasonably light, but much prefer it this way (thanks L'Oreal!) it was such a beautiful place!!! We kept saying "are we really here" while going through it.

Thanks ladies!!! It was a fabulous weekend!! Or besties are flying out in July and we're doing a road trip to here, then Zion Nat'l park (another of our favorite places) then Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. It'll be a whirlwind park tour, but we love doing those types of trips! These are the same friends we did Disney, san Fran. and Yosemite with last Nov. I am richly blessed!!!

I did my Zumba today and brought dd(13) with me. She resisted but did the class with me. It was fun. I am hoping she'll get in shape quickly before volleyball season starts (only 2 weeks!) .

I'm planning and looking forward to my upcoming Disneyland trip with my girls!! Dh may come, which will make it a slightly different trip, we'd go earlier and he'd fly home Monday night, then the girls and I would stay through Friday. it's be nice for him to spend 2 days in the parks with us and although it'll be crowded on the weekend, the girls and I will have lighter crowds during the week.

Dh keeps saying I should be a travel agent! I love it so, and can find ways to do it so much more economically than everyone else does. It's fun, and I like the challenge of getting a good deal and going places. We pack our lunches everywhere (even Disney) and that saves us lots of $. We do bfast in the room (cereal, fruit, coffee and yogurt usually) which leaves us one nice meal out or in the parks and saves us $! Thankfully our besties with whom we travel often, are cheap, I mean frugal too!

Last edited by julieboolie; 10-30-2013 at 12:48 PM..
Old 10-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #1359
Big Yapper!

Frugal is really the way to go. People blow so much money without realizing how much farther their money could go if they just thought it out and planned ahead. That trip that's coming up with your best friends sounds simply amazing. I've never been to Yellowstone but have been to Yosemite and Zion.

I got paid today and I have to get out of here and go do some shopping! Ttyl.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:18 AM   #1360
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-hooray for pay day!! Hope you're all stocked up!! we loved Zion last year, hiked up the Virgin River through the "Narrows". We're planning to hike it again in July, and hope our friends can do it. They're not quite as "outdoorsy" as we are, and sometimes we've had to limit our hiking with them in the past. Dh ando have talked about it and since we'll have separate cars, I'd like to be sure we get to do what WE want to do and not be obligated to forgo things b/c the other family isn't up for it. For them as well, since my dh isn't a morning person, there have been times (last Nov) when it was frustrating for our friends to wait for dh to get ready. I'm used to it and have adjusted my expectations accordingly, but we're comfortable to go our separate ways when it's necessary so we can each do what works best for us. dh and the dh of this family are traveling to Europe together in Feb. so they'll get some practice at coordinating their schedules .

Weight wise, I'm back down to 156.2 this morning, at that was at 5am! I couldn't sleep, so I got up and read a while. I've started taking the garcinia Cambogia and like it, but am concerned the sleep thing was from that? Could have been the coffee I had at 7:30. It was half caf... We'll see how it goes tonight.

We're going to a harvest festival tonight instead of our traditional neighborhood potluck and tot. Just feel like mixing it up. Should be a beautiful night here, and the girls will still get candy, do that'll make them happy.

Off to body pump...still sore from Tuesday's class! but then I'm done for a few days
Old 10-31-2013, 09:45 AM   #1361
Big Yapper!

I think that's wise to just work out something where you can all do the things you enjoy on your trip at the times of day you enjoy them and nobody has to feel like they're missing out when you're in such a wonderful place as Zion. I didn't know your dh wasn't a morning person. How late does he like to sleep? We "non-morning people" can really muck things up, plan-wise.

Enjoy your harvest festival tonight! (And your body pump class.)
Old 10-31-2013, 07:54 PM   #1362
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So glad to see you're keeping the wt. down while enjoying time with family.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:45 AM   #1363
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Cheryl! The festival was so popular! It was too crowded for my taste, so we'll probably skip it next year. The girls didn't get to ride many rides, and there wasn't as much candy as they'd advertised. But it was a lovely night and a different experience.

Debby- is Halloween as big a deal in Canada as it is here? It's becoming huge own here. Lots of decorations, too much money spent on costumes etc. we have a no spending rule for Halloween-borrow, make or dollar store ($2 limit) a costume. I like the more creative ones anyway.

Weight? Not too bad. Up 0.4 to 156.4 this morning!! I did enjoy a few pieces of candy last night... Like 8 small ones throughout the day and evening... Woohoo!!! There may be a second day effect, I'll be careful today, but I am quite pleased with it today! Calories were about 1600. I know, it wasn't a good thing for P3, but I often debate in my head, the merit of avoiding all sugar and starch and then trying to convince my body a few weeks later that they're ok? I always gain in P4, and am considering keeping more carbs in my P3 so the transition is less abrupt? I'm also thankful that working out throughout P2 (and 4 months before it) seems to have prevented the traditional weight gain from exercise pain...which is good too! I'm even sore again today from yesterday's weights, and ok w/ the scale. it's all good here!
Old 11-01-2013, 07:53 AM   #1364
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ASHLEY2HAWAII
Stats: 196/183/125
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: RESTART 7-8-14
Sounds like you had a great time, I think all the kids must have been at the church We had about 1/3 of the kids as we did last year. We way over bought on candy, by 7:30 we were handing out fist fulls to the lucky kids that came by I did ok, I had several pieces and 1 cookie and stayed the same.
Loving this weather
ASHLEY2HAWAII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #1365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you Julie
You know, it seems to be bigger than Thanksgiving in Canada... very sad. I thought it was just Canada, but it sounds like maybe its just getting that way in all of N. America.

That's so great that you can eat 1600 calories!
Old 11-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #1366
Big Yapper!

Checking in here with you tonight. Sending you a hug.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #1367
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHLEY2HAWAII View Post
Sounds like you had a great time, I think all the kids must have been at the church We had about 1/3 of the kids as we did last year. We way over bought on candy, by 7:30 we were handing out fist fulls to the lucky kids that came by I did ok, I had several pieces and 1 cookie and stayed the same.
Loving this weather
I wish my dd's had ToTed your neighborhood. They didn't get as much candy as they wanted, bit sold it for $2/lb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Good for you Julie
You know, it seems to be bigger than Thanksgiving in Canada... very sad. I thought it was just Canada, but it sounds like maybe its just getting that way in all of N. America.

That's so great that you can eat 1600 calories!
I think it's sad too. We try to keep my kids focused on the truth and what really matters in life. It's hard to be in the world, but not OF the world. I better be able to eat well with all that exercise! we'll see long term what I can do, but I'm happy now .

Quote:
Checking in here with you tonight. Sending you a hug.
Hi!

I made a delicious pumpkin cake with cream cheese icing for my small group last night, it was really yummy!! I should put it down the drain...it's calling my name!!

I ate way more than i should, but am at 157.2 today, and that's too high. My own fault, just can't seem to wrap my head around clean eating!! I need to reign it in and remember that I can indulge another day, not today!! I am done with feeling deprived! I can't seem to motivate myself to stick to LC. But, I'm gonna try and take it 1 day at a time .
Old 11-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #1368
Big Yapper!

Yep. You'd better flush that cake, pronto. Sounds too yummy to have in the house. That stuff calls my name, too. And anything that's convenient and easy. Bagged or frozen and ready to heat. Dange-er-ous.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #1369
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You'll get this Julie... just gotta recognize that sugar is not your friend, or a "treat" but a poison... - Well, that's the way I see it... they actually had a lady on Dr Oz the other day that spoke what I've learned just about exactly as I have learned to... Worked for her too... of course, its taken me decades to finally really believe it.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:09 AM   #1370
Big Yapper!!!!

I had one more piece last night then down the drain it went. I'm up a bit more, but feeling satisfied and ready to stick to clean LC. The ironic thing is my temp is up this morning to 97.6!!!! Yay!! Finally back where I was before my round!! So, that's a good thing!! Now to figure out how to whittle off a few lbs and keep my temps up. I'm up to 158 this morning, but should be able to drop s lb easily by tomorrow if I keep it clean and LC today.

Off to my neice's bday party today, which will be fun! We're going out to breakfast at our favorite place and I'll just enjoy a nice omelette .

Happy Sunday all!

And, btw, I'm doing 30 days of thankfulness and will post it here too!

Day 1- thankful for my Lord and Savior and for the Father's love for me!
Day 2- thankful for my dh, he's a good man and although he can drive me batty, he really is a gift from God.
Day 3- thankful for dd(13) Kelley, she's my first born and a fabulous young lady. Funny, smart, sweet and loving, such a joy (most of the time ).

Count your blessings!
Old 11-03-2013, 08:54 AM   #1371
Big Yapper!

I love your 30 days of thankfulness, Jules! I think I will do that too, but maybe not on the forum. Have fun at the party. Good for you for "sinking" that cake.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:43 AM   #1372
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, getting rid of that delicious cake was a good thing!! And not baking anymore for a while is also a good thing!!

I'm back to the top of my "window" today, for which I am thankful. I ate a bit lighter and much lower carb yesterday, but did have a piece of toast w/ my omelette at breakfast. I'm planning a low carb healthy balanced day today

Body combat this morning and I'll be a sweaty mess in a few hours! If only it would move some weight off of me! But, maintaining though travel and the upcoming holidays would be quite an accomplishment!!!

I'm planning a short round in January (with the rest of the country probably) and that should get me down to a healthier weight. I do hope it'll be something I can maintain but that's a challenge for a different time.

Dh and I made the decision to leave the church we've attended for the past 5 years. It's been a difficult decision which we've taken a while to make, but it is time for us to part ways. Sigh, it's been rough on all 4 of us.

But, day 4 of thankfulness! I'm thankful for my dd(10) Sammie. She really should have been named Joy, because that's what she brings to my life. She's smart, funny, fiesty, wise and loving. She makes life fun! She's challenged me as a mom much more than I ever imagined possible, and God has used her to grow me tremendously. Very thankful for her!!
Old 11-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #1373
Big Yapper!

If you decided to leave the church after all the thought and prayer you put into it, then it had to be the right decision. God will lead you to the one you should be in for the future. Don't feel badly about it. Just thank the Lord that He gave you the strength and the faith to get up and get out.

Sammie sounds like a little spitfire! So glad she is a blessing in your life. You can always call her Joy as a nickname! I wish your workouts at the gym were blessing you with some weight loss, too. That's such a mystery. I hope you are able to achieve what you want to achieve through all these sweaty sessions of adrenaline-pumping body pushing! You must be enjoying it or I don't think you'd keep it up.

Have a great day #5. Looking forward to hearing what your 5th blessing is.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #1374
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
If you decided to leave the church after all the thought and prayer you put into it, then it had to be the right decision. God will lead you to the one you should be in for the future. Don't feel badly about it. Just thank the Lord that He gave you the strength and the faith to get up and get out.

Sammie sounds like a little spitfire! So glad she is a blessing in your life. You can always call her Joy as a nickname! I wish your workouts at the gym were blessing you with some weight loss, too. That's such a mystery. I hope you are able to achieve what you want to achieve through all these sweaty sessions of adrenaline-pumping body pushing! You must be enjoying it or I don't think you'd keep it up.

Have a great day #5. Looking forward to hearing what your 5th blessing is.
Sam really is. Loads of energy! Lots of fun! The workouts are totally reshaping me, which is good. I've developed great muscles and feel stronger, tighter and more fit overall. Just not necessarily smaller yet, but I did lose 10 real lbs on my hcg round, and if I can stick around this range through the holidays and shed another 10 real lbs in Jan, I'll be happy!! Thanks for the encouragement about our church, it feels like a bad breakup . But we're looking forward to what God has planned for us.

I ate nice and lightly yesterday, 1200 cals, high protein.. And only down to 156.8 (-0.2) today? Oh well. I'm a bit sore from combat, so hope tis water. Pumped well today, tired though. Zumba tomorrow, should be fun .

Shampooed my carpets today, waiting for them to dry now .

Dd(13) fell off her ripstick yesterday (like a skate board) and I took her to urgent care today. Doesn't look like a fracture, not 100% sure since the growth plate is involved. Braced for 2 weeks or so, and if the pain hasn't lessens in a week, go in for an MRI. Sigh. Same dd had the hip stuff all year, and is doing volleyball evaluations this week for tryouts the 16. Not boding well with a brace on her right wrist . Praying for wisdom and healing. Sigh.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #1375
Big Yapper!!!!

Thankfulness day 5- I'm thankful for my parents. They loved one another, and us kids, were a real blessing. I miss my dad terribly, but still have my mom, and am glad of that. A lot of laughter and love.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #1376
Big Yapper!

Oh, Julie! Not again with your dd. At least it isn't a fracture. That poor girl! And I feel sad because of her aspirations regarding volleyball and everything hinging on her being able to be able-bodied. God help you all, Julie. I know things could be a lot worse but it still sucks.

I haven't started making my thankfulness list. I guess I better get to it! I'm sure I will have no trouble at all coming up with 30 (and many more) things to be thankful for. God has been and continues to be my safety net and confidant and best friend.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #1377
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-thanks! It's been quite a year for her! Perhaps this is God's way of keeping her from club vball to protect the other hip? I don't know. But, we'll see where it goes. Yes, make that list! It's so nice to focus on all the blessings I usually take for granted!

Me? 159 today I seem to have lost my head yesterday . Fun though it was, I went hog wild at Sweet Tomatoes last night (darned spiced pumpkin crisp!!). I had a LOT of salad too, so hopefully there's a lot of roughage in there to work it's way through . Whatever the case, I'm taking the opportunity to have a good old fashioned GYCD today. First one in a long time!! I feel like I could use a good clean out . And I LOVE my Voskos! I did a great Zumba workout this morning, felt really good . That was the first one in a long time that I felt like I did really well! . Recharged finally!!

Have a good day all .
Old 11-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #1378
Big Yapper!

You too, Julie.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:07 AM   #1379
Big Yapper!!!!

Back down to 157 from my gycd. Top of my range-whew! Need to stay controlled today. Body pump in a bit . All is well. Quiet, which is nice .

Thankfulness day 6: I'm thankful for my brothers. Although we fought a great deal growing up, they're good men, good dads and I'm very glad to have them.

Thankfulness day 7: I'm thankful to live in AZ. It's not quite the connected, close community I wish it were, but it's sunny 360 days a year and we love it!
Old 11-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #1380
Big Yapper!

and = For the CD, and each of your thankfulness items.

Have a super day.