Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #1321
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,658
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Cheryl-you're off to a good start!! I'm sure the scale will keep going for you, but after hcg it's tough to accept "normal" weight loss! hope work goes well for you today!

Debby-you're so right! I think in our culture we place so much emphasis on food as entertainment, and it really shouldn't be!

Last night was fun. This wonderful family is originally from Kenya and they goth my church, we've been friends for a few years. I sing with the wife and her husband plays drums for our church band. Their girls are sweet and have had so many health challenges over the years because of sickle cell anemia it's mind boggling! God has been so good and the oldest daughter is now completely healed after a successful bone marrow transplant last year, a true miracle!! An actual cure for sickle cell anemia? Amazing!! The dinner was yummy and the speakers were inspiring. God is so good and I'm encouraged to thank Him for everything, the good and the "bad".

And, I'm down a little to 155.6 today, which makes me happy too! vlcd19? I think? Either way, I think Monday is my LDW, since my temps are down to 96 even this morning . Not a big deal I'm sure. But makes me adjust my plans to extend a bit...
__________________
Julie
Prov. 3:5-6 - "He shall direct (my) paths"
Daily updates in my journal. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...s-journal.html
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #1322
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,248
Gallery: CherylB
Have you ever checked your temperature about a half hour after one of your gym workouts? I'd be really interested to see how high it goes up after you've just revved your metabolism. Try to remember to check it next time, okay?

So cool that you had a great time and how awesome that the child is healed after the bone marrow transplant. I don't know why that disease is mainly something that African Americans suffer from. Bone marrow transplants are so painful. For the donor as well as the recipient. I was present one time during a bone marrow aspiration from a young girls hip bone (in nursing school) and they "sedated her" with some Demerol but it wasn't enough. When they inserted that needle and started to pull back on that plunger, she screamed in a way that I've never heard someone scream before or since. I was asked to help hold her down. I think that was the end of any thoughts of working in pediatrics after graduation.

I'm going to coin a new phrase that just came to me: "Creep on Creepin on!" (Down the scale, that is.) Down is down. Believe me, I'm not setting myself up for disappointment. Atkins weight loss is pretty slow. I have come to the realization that the rapid losses we experience on other plans come back on that much faster when we begin to backslide. I don't think I could handle it if I did this to myself another time. This time has to be for keeps.

Being thankful and mindful every day of all He has done for us, given us, is doing for us, will be doing for us, is imperative. Otherwise we instead begin to focus on the things that are going wrong and find ourselves "under the circumstances." Not a good place to be.

How much time do you have to extend? I know you have plans to go to CA soon, right? Please refresh my memory. Have a lovely day, Julie!

Last edited by CherylB; 10-19-2013 at 10:19 AM..
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:47 AM   #1323
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,658
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Have you ever checked your temperature about a half hour after one of your gym workouts? I'd be really interested to see how high it goes up after you've just revved your metabolism. Try to remember to check it next time, okay?

So cool that you had a great time and how awesome that the child is healed after the bone marrow transplant. I don't know why that disease is mainly something that African Americans suffer from. Bone marrow transplants are so painful. For the donor as well as the recipient. I was present one time during a bone marrow aspiration from a young girls hip bone (in nursing school) and they "sedated her" with some Demerol but it wasn't enough. When they inserted that needle and started to pull back on that plunger, she screamed in a way that I've never heard someone scream before or since. I was asked to help hold her down. I think that was the end of any thoughts of working in pediatrics after graduation.

I'm going to coin a new phrase that just came to me: "Creep on Creepin on!" (Down the scale, that is.) Down is down. Believe me, I'm not setting myself up for disappointment. Atkins weight loss is pretty slow. I have come to the realization that the rapid losses we experience on other plans come back on that much faster when we begin to backslide. I don't think I could handle it if I did this to myself another time. This time has to be for keeps.

Being thankful and mindful every day of all He has done for us, given us, is doing for us, will be doing for us, is imperative. Otherwise we instead begin to focus on the things that are going wrong and find ourselves "under the circumstances." Not a good place to be.

How much time do you have to extend? I know you have plans to go to CA soon, right? Please refresh my memory. Have a lovely day, Julie!
"This time has to be for keeps"- this is important!! And I'm borrowing it! we've both relost a lot of weight, which is totally normal, but hopefully this time around we're set on keeping it off . I go to CA Dec 7 or 9, haven't decided if we'll go early so dh can go for a few days, and see all the many friends of ours who are going to DL the weekend before the girls and I were planning to go. This Sat we're going up to Page AZ to hike Antelope canyon (a beautiful slot canyon) for the weekend. I'm going to eat low carb while there and if my body is up for it, I'll go back to the vlcds when I get back. Not sure yet, and can always change my mind based on what the scale and my body says about it . But if I could whittle off 5 more lbs I'd be more comfy in my jeans and able to enjoy the holidays and Disneyland with a a bit more leeway. The low cals aren't that awful, but I miss real food, and feeling fueled. I'm starting to get that worn out feeling I always get at the end of a round. Maybe a week of higher fat will recharge me?

Vlcd20 today (or 21, can't remember) and down to 155.2, which is where I had planned to end this round. I'll take it!! I'd prefer to be a bit lower, and may come back for more vlcds after next weekend's getaway. I still have some jeans that won't fit right yet, but would really like to wear them!! Although the jeans that were my goal jeans at the start of this round now fit () they could use some wiggle room and my size 6 Levi's that fit last year don't yet, so I'm likely coming back for more weight loss next Tuesday. We will see though. My temp is down to 96.4 each morning which is not a good sign ( I'm hypo thyroid and my temps run low normally) so that may prevent me from doing more vlcds. I may just do another 3 weeks in jan? We'll see, I'd love to be a bit slimmer for my CA trip in early January... But I've got time to decide.

Happy Sunday!!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #1324
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,248
Gallery: CherylB
Maybe stop now and do P3 for a bit, enjoy your trip to the canyon next weekend (jealous!) and maybe do a brief round pre-Thanksgiving so you can be back on P3 before turkey day. Then you'll be in your size 6 jeans comfortably and you'll be Miss Skinny for your CA trip.

And yes! This time it's for keeps.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:12 AM   #1325
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,658
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Maybe stop now and do P3 for a bit, enjoy your trip to the canyon next weekend (jealous!) and maybe do a brief round pre-Thanksgiving so you can be back on P3 before turkey day. Then you'll be in your size 6 jeans comfortably and you'll be Miss Skinny for your CA trip.

And yes! This time it's for keeps.
Yup! That's my tentative plan. All done this round!! After eating out last night and some tummy trouble this weekend I weighed 154.6 today. I'm calling 155 my LDW and am moving on to P3 for the week. I'm a ramp up kind of girl, so gonna slowly increase my cals and fats over the next 2 days. I'm away this weekend (no scale) and will stick to LC and then I'll likely dose Monday night and start a week of vlcds next Tuesday. I'd love to drop down to 150 even (or back into the 140's) then stabilize before thanksgiving. We'll see. The best laid plans of mice and men... but, hopefully i'll be mentally able to swing another week or so of the low calories now and then I can focus my efforts on maintaining.
I should have a full 3 weeks of P3 before Thanksgiving even comes (unless I do 2 weeks of the low cals at about 800 cals which I'm considering) but either way, I've done Atkins for thanksgiving for years and my go to cauliflower bake and LC pumpkin cheesecake are typical menu items .

So glad to take a break. Skipping the gym today, I've had intestinal distress the last 2 days and am not feeling like a good workout would work this morning . But I'm going tomorrow
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:40 AM   #1326
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,556
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Sounds like a great plan Julie!! sorry you are having the distress and hope you feel better soon!

So happy you made it back to 155!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #1327
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
DebbyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 4,199
Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
So happy for you Julie.
Hope you can build up your metabolism quickly without any wt. gain.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #1328
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,658
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Thanks!! I've enjoyed today's eating!! Had meatballs and a caesar salad for dinner!! I enjoyed full fat GY for bfast, a second mug of coffee and some real mayo on my turkey lettuce wraps for lunch . Good day! Hope the scale is kind tomorrow ....
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #1329
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
DebbyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 4,199
Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Yum-yum!!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:08 AM   #1330
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,658
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Good morning! I STS today!! not too shabby given how full I still feel this morning yay!! Temp is still low but hoping more food this week will bring it back up... We will see.

Off to the gym in a bit. not much else exciting to report. Looking forward to going away this weekend. Just the 4 of us and it'll be beautiful!!

Take care all.
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #1331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
DebbyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 4,199
Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
WTG!
So, what's up for your work-out today?
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #1332
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,248
Gallery: CherylB
You are a super star! You did it and you are now able to enjoy real (LC) food again. I hope (and know) that you will have a wonderful weekend getaway with your family to the canyon. But don't even THINK about roasting marshmallows or something like that.

Enjoy your little break from the gym, too. Have a very blessed day.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #1333
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,658
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Debby-today was weight training class. I did better than the past few weeks, so I suppose fuel is a good thing . Zumba tomorrow, then I'm adding a bit more weight to the bar on Thurs class !

Cheryl-thanks! I'm really looking forward to it. We'll be staying in a hotel, so no roasting anything for us . We'll be eating out lunch and dinner and I'll stick to salads, burgers and safe LC stuff . Breakfast (for me) will be GY w. berries I'm packing to take along w. us. I'm also bringing the LC quest bars for supplemental food (the fam will have cliff bars etc. ) and fruit . Should go well.

I'm leaning toward another week of P2 when I get home. Not sure yet, but I'd love to drop a little more if I could? Not sure my body will give anything up, but a week will show me if it's worth it. There is still too much padding and my shirts don't look quite right (and my jeans could use a bit of breathing room too). If it doesn't work, I'm quite happy to stick w. P3. We'll see .
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #1334
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,658
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Good morning!, going up to 90 here today, we've been quite spoiled all week in the low 80's, I forget we'll have to close the windows mid day again...

I'm up to 155.4 today, which is not bad at all! I'll confess, I had real froyo last night bad Julie . It was so yummy, and only a small serving, 200 cals worth, still came in around 1400 for the day... And not up much. But I'll keep it extra clean today and hope it doesn't get me tomorrow.

The other thing in the back of my mind is my temps. It's UP to 96 today, . Yes, up to that, which shows how low it's been the past few days. I was back to 95.7 a few days. That's bad. Like pre-thyroid med bad . So, this may change my plans for going back to P2 next week. We'll see how quickly I bounce back. I hope that froyo indulgence last night will reassure my body some?

Heading off for Zumba in a bit. Then weights tomorrow then off Friday since I'll be hiking all weekend. . Loving is time of year!! The highs in Page are 68-70 all weekend which will be perfect for outdoor activities!! Here's a link to the area we're visiting. I'm not sure how to post pics anymore : Antelope Slot Canyon
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:37 AM   #1335
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
DebbyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 4,199
Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Have fun at zumba!
Your hiking sounds like torture to me... but I love riding the motorcycle through all that beauty!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #1336
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,248
Gallery: CherylB
How beautiful! I never knew there was anything like that in AZ. It looks like UT. That is such a low body temperature, Julie! I don't know if mine has ever been that low. I hope you can get it back up in the high 96's before attempting more P2. Have a fabulous weekend of hiking and dining out and hotel lounging!
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #1337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
DebbyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 4,199
Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Good morning!, going up to 90 here today, we've been quite spoiled all week in the low 80's, I forget we'll have to close the windows mid day again...
I'm up to 155.4 today, which is not bad at all! I'll confess, I had real froyo last night bad Julie . It was so yummy, and only a small serving, 200 cals worth, still came in around 1400 for the day... And not up much. But I'll keep it extra clean today and hope it doesn't get me tomorrow.
The other thing in the back of my mind is my temps. It's UP to 96 today, . Yes, up to that, which shows how low it's been the past few days. I was back to 95.7 a few days. That's bad. Like pre-thyroid med bad . So, this may change my plans for going back to P2 next week. We'll see how quickly I bounce back. I hope that froyo indulgence last night will reassure my body some?
Heading off for Zumba in a bit. Then weights tomorrow then off Friday since I'll be hiking all weekend. . Loving is time of year!! The highs in Page are 68-70 all weekend which will be perfect for outdoor activities!! Here's a link to the area we're visiting. I'm not sure how to post pics anymore : Antelope Slot Canyon
Hope you had fun at zumba. A friend of mine here who's lost over 100 lbs... still has a ways to go... just took a course to become a zumba teacher. She's got a very outgoing-fun personality... I hope she has a course at a time I can try it out. I loved it when they did it on Biggest Loser. You could feel the 'fun-energy' even over the tv....
My temps were very much like yours... still bounce up & down from 96.7-98 F. Depending on the day of the week. I add 15g's of thyroid meds every 3-4 days to what I normally take... hard to balance. I haven't noticed carbs making a difference though.
__________________
Debby's Maintaining Mutterings
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:27 AM   #1338
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,658
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
How beautiful! I never knew there was anything like that in AZ. It looks like UT. That is such a low body temperature, Julie! I don't know if mine has ever been that low. I hope you can get it back up in the high 96's before attempting more P2. Have a fabulous weekend of hiking and dining out and hotel lounging!
It does remind me a lot of Utah, in fact it's just south of the Utah border. It'll be chilly too!! So looking forward to it! Stopping in flagstaff for breakfast on the way up and probably dinner on the way home too. . Richly blessed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hope you had fun at zumba. A friend of mine here who's lost over 100 lbs... still has a ways to go... just took a course to become a zumba teacher. She's got a very outgoing-fun personality... I hope she has a course at a time I can try it out. I loved it when they did it on Biggest Loser. You could feel the 'fun-energy' even over the tv....
My temps were very much like yours... still bounce up & down from 96.7-98 F. Depending on the day of the week. I add 15g's of thyroid meds every 3-4 days to what I normally take... hard to balance. I haven't noticed carbs making a difference though.
It is fun! Last few weeks its been harder but today's was fun again!! They mix up the routine and sometimes it's too much jumping and not enough dancing. I'm trying a new version of my thyroid med, I hope it helps!

My temp was 96 today. Sigh. I was really hoping for a quick recovery with it. I'm still on the fence about going back to low cals next week? Could really use the fat loss, but don't want to slow things down any further...don't need to know now, so I'm just plugging along.

My appetite is increasing, woke up hungry today!! So we'll see how things go now, but holding pretty steady at 155.6 this morning. Pretty close to LDW.
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:58 AM   #1339
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
DebbyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 4,199
Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Are you feeling cold? more hypo symptoms? how's that gorgeous head of hair? falling out? Aching muscles when you climb stairs? I have noticed that since I've been remembering to add my iodine drops when I eat broccoli...that my temps are staying higher. The healthy carbs should be good for your body...
Hope you have a good day!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #1340
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,658
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Yep, a bit chilly and fatigued, but not awful. Hair is falling out about the same (I always shed a lot). I get that worn out feeling toward the end of a round anyway, so I'm not sure if it's just that or true hypo symptoms? I'm dry though-my skin, which seems worse than normal? With the weight training I do I'm aways a bit sore . Thanks though! I'm going to keep dosing faithfully and wait for my body to get with the program . It's hard to tell if my thyroid is tanking worse or my body is just slowing down from the low calories… I'll give it some more time… and hope for the best .
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #1341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
DebbyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 4,199
Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
That's good Julie,
When you can't remember more than 2 things... "fog-brain" ... try to remember to get your thyroid checked... Hopefully you'll start feeling better soon!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #1342
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,248
Gallery: CherylB
I really wish you'd take your temperature right after one of your gym classes. Just for a reference point, you know? You know what it is in the morning, why not test it after really pushing your body? I think if it's still in the 96 range or less, that shows that you're not getting "your money's worth" from all your dieting and working out. Your body is fighting against you.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm so excited for your weekend coming up. Wish I could tag along!
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #1343
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,658
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
That's good Julie,
When you can't remember more than 2 things... "fog-brain" ... try to remember to get your thyroid checked... Hopefully you'll start feeling better soon!
Thankfully I'm not too foggy yet but boy do I know how that feels!! Tummy may be part of the equation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I really wish you'd take your temperature right after one of your gym classes. Just for a reference point, you know? You know what it is in the morning, why not test it after really pushing your body? I think if it's still in the 96 range or less, that shows that you're not getting "your money's worth" from all your dieting and working out. Your body is fighting against you.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm so excited for your weekend coming up. Wish I could tag along!
I did! It was after I got home, but I was still sweating a lot!! It was 96.2 I drink water during thnworkut so that may be a factor? I'm bummed the temps are so low, but am unwilling to eat sugar to make it rise. I feel good, strong and more fit than I've been in a long time. So, I'll keep plugging away and hope my body figures it out

I'm doing fine. I've had tummy rumbles and challenges all week, not sure if its a bug or just readjusting to food? I'm hoping it settles down for my weekend away!! I'm up a bit more today to LDW+1, and ok with it. Sore from my weights yesterday. I'm planning a week of p2 next week and hope to whittle off a bit more before I get to stay in P3 . Hope the temps come up, but not going to worry about it this weekend. cleaning, making up the guest room for our house sitter, taking care if my mom, gotta get it all done today!! cant wait for cooler temps and beautiful Scenery!!
Happy weekend all!!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #1344
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,248
Gallery: CherylB
Same to you, Julie! House sitter? Is that for when you go to CA?
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:34 AM   #1345
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,658
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
I'm home!! We had an amazing weekend!! You know me! Here are some pics!! It seems some won't upload? This is Lower Antelope Canyon-just beautiful!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (24.0 KB, 15 views)
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:36 AM   #1346
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,658
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
This is my dd(13) and me enjoying Antelope Canyon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (47.4 KB, 19 views)
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:39 AM   #1347
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,658
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
The is Upper Antelope Canyon-it's pretty famouse, almost all those beautiful pictures of a slt canyon with sunbeams shinig into it are of this canyon...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (49.2 KB, 11 views)
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:45 AM   #1348
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,658
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
These pics are from my iPhone, and no where near as pretty as the good ones on our regular camera, but they give the rightt idea, it's simply breathtaking all around that area!! We had a wonderful weekend!

I'm going to try another week of low calories. I don't want it, but if I can whittle off another 5 lbs, even close to that, it'll be worth it. I am pleased with the pics from the weekend, and that's a good start. Back to the gym this morning, body pump! Even without my neighbor/friend. I'm happy with how I look and feel and want to keep that going.

If I'm not losing while back on the vlcds I'll just quit it and go back to P3. I did ok all weekend, ate pretty well and low carb, there were certainly indulgences - real sugar froyo twice!, crunch n munch, a few bites of fries and pizza crust, a few tortilla chips and a soft corn tortilla... And I'm up to 157.6 today, which is pretty good, all things considered. I do need some time to straighten things out in the bathroom, traveling always irregulars me, if you Kwim?

Hope you're all doing well!! I'll bbl to catch up.
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:58 AM   #1349
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,248
Gallery: CherylB
Beautiful pics! I would NOT want to be down there during a flash flood, though. AZ has so much to offer. I miss being out West! Maybe eventually I will get to a place in my life where I can travel again.

I'm so glad you had a great time! Welcome home and back to the gym and your eating plan. You go, girl. Have a wonderful week.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:17 AM   #1350
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,658
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
well, in keeping with my indecisive nature, I've made the executive decision to skip going back to the low cals. That didn't last long . The combination of lower energy, lower temps for only a few lbs on the scale? And the possibility that stabilizing there would be harder? I've decided it's not worth it. So, I'm sticking to maintenance or stabilization, however you like to think of it. I'm happy. I look pretty good, I feel great and I'm enjoying eating .

So, that's the update... I'm going to continue eating and fueling my metabolism and hoping my temps come up .
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:49 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.