Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #1291
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
cheryl-yes! That ipad doesn't like my intentional typos!! Grrr! But it's usually what I have handy on which to post and read. It's good to keep you on your toes

Debby-I can actually do a real push up now!! But I really hate them!! My least favorite is lunges!! They hurt and I am so bad at them!! But, even that's getting better! I've grown to actually prefer squats? Who knew? Hope your winter is short this year!! That's a lot of cold!! Have a good weekend!!

Gave the girls a day off from school. It's too nice to do school work. Off to my moms to take care of her, then we'll wander and play somewhere.
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2013, 09:33 AM   #1292
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!! I'm at 159.0 which is my 4th day at this weight (more or less). So, a second week stall for me. . But I feel fine, and am staying the course. It'll happen. Hopefully I'm losing inches while the scale catches up? Either way, aside from a little lightheadedness if I get up too quickly, I'm good to go! half way through now, so there's still time to drop 5 lbs before I'm done. Maybe once Tom leaves, I'll get moving on the scale? This is why I was going to skip the daily weighing, but I do like knowing what's going on .
Old 10-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #1293
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Oh. TOM is visiting. No wonder! You'll catch up when it leaves. You're still making much swifter progress than you were before delving back into hhcg.

Is it still on the cool side? I hope so.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #1294
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ASHLEY2HAWAII
Stats: 196/172/125
WOE: HCG INJECTIONS
Start Date: RESTART 9-3-13
Hey Julie,
That is what happened to me, when I was camping it started and when I came home the losses really picked up. Just hang tight!
ASHLEY2HAWAII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #1295
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks girls! I appreciate your support!!

Ashley-I hope you're right!! Week 3 should be better!!

Cheryl-hope so! TOM doesn't usually make me gain, but hopefully he'll take some weight when he goes!! Love your update at your siggy-have fun tomorrow!
Old 10-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #1296
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
You are doing GREAT!! hang in through the boring number time, as the inches will be leaving you soon!! keep up doing what you are doing!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #1297
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Julie. My "daily note" has always been popular. It's great because no matter what post on what thread (no matter how many months or years ago) someone is reading something I wrote, they see what is going on with me today.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #1298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Interesting the mindset this diet puts you in, 1/4 lb in the right direction 2 days in a row would have most dieters thrilled. Especially someone with hypothyroidism. But, I guess because you are making such huge sacrifices you expect more.
As my DH always said to me (when I was discouraged about slow wt. loss) its still going in the right direction! I guess that's another way of saying 'count your blessings' ?

Hope you have a delightful worship time tomorrow. Are you still at the same church? Or looking for a new one now?
Old 10-12-2013, 10:33 PM   #1299
Big Yapper!!!!

Debby-that's a good reminder. I suppose when you're eating 500ish cals a day it's tough to not be rewarded . But 0.4 in 4 days is disappointing, but not the end of the world! I'm still down from where I was last week . We're going to visit another church tomorrow, but still not sure what we're doing. We're taking a bit of a break from our church commitments for a bit. Going to take some time and pray together as a family. Heart wrenching as this is our church for the last 5 years and we're very close withy people there.

Deb-thanks!! I'm hanging in...but looking forward to seeing that scale go down .

Cheryl-yes, I like the daily updates!

I did well today, but did have a little bit of sugar free vanilla frozen yogurt tonight. Still coming in at 550cals, and hope it doesn't hurt me on the scale. We'll see, it was tasty though
Old 10-13-2013, 05:20 AM   #1300

Julie are you sure you are eating enough?..

I am sure the scale will move. Standing still while eating so little just is a mental challenge. With all you are doing that water whoosh is coming. You are most definately burning fat..
Old 10-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #1301
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks deb!! I know stalls are all part of the hcg thing. But usually that's a third week thing for me. I'm ok w/ it, as long as that's not how my whole third week goes too .

Well, I got up at 5:30 and weighed 158!!! then went back to bed and got up again and weighed 156.4!!!???!! as delighted as I was to see it, I usually get up at 6ish, so I'm counting the 148 and looking forward to an even lower number tomorrow!! I went to GCU (grand canyon university) last night. We went w/ some friends to watch the volleyball game. My niece lives there and she met us for dinner at the student tuning then the game too. It was so nice to see her!! I had grilled chicken, steamed broccoli, and raw spinach "salad" w/ vinegar on it. I also had NSA vanilla froyo, but only a small portion. I was concerned it may have been too much food because I was nice and full afterwards, but I'm happy it wasn't!! Woohoo!! I'm finally able to eat out and in some social settings and stick to plan!! It's a GOOD morning!

Hope you're all enjoying this beautiful morning!! "This is the day that The Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it".
Old 10-13-2013, 09:08 AM   #1302
Big Yapper!

Can't wait to see what the scale says for you tomorrow. That will tell you which number was the correct one today. Glad you had fun last night.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:21 AM   #1303
Big Yapper!!!!

I did. Ad then I went bowling last night-until midnight! I'm a bit tired today, and a headache. Definitely not a night person!! But, I'm up, and ready for the gym...more or less. I'll eat a gy before it go and hope I feel well. Last week I almost passed out during this combat class. I would really like to do it well today, but we will see. If I feel icky I'll take a break.

Down to 157 today but had very little sleep and ate about 750cals yesterday. So, I'm really happy with that. Definitely past that 159 area where I was stuck last week . I was hoping to get to 155 this round, and it looks pretty feasible. My old, original goal from years ago, was to reach 153. I got past that in previous hcg rounds, but never got it to stick. If I could get back there this round and maintain 153-155 area while exercising through vacations and the holidays? I'd be thrilled!! We'll see. 1 day at a time . Vlcd14 today. Feeling pretty good.

Cheryl-today is day 1 for you!! Did you have fun at your moms? Hope so!! It's always nice to celebrate with family!! Looking forward to your success as you hit your goals!!
Old 10-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #1304
Big Yapper!!!!

I did great!! Not to brag , but I did the whole class and did it well!! yay!! I can't believe the difference a little bit of GY and some raspberries makes in my morning!! Woohoo! Gonna keep that going (worked well for me last week with the weight training classes) :weights: tomorrow is body pump and I'm actually looking forward to it.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #1305

So happy this did the trick for you!!
Old 10-14-2013, 07:20 PM   #1306
Big Yapper!

Keep it up, Jules! We you!
Old 10-15-2013, 07:33 AM   #1307
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks girls I'm trucking along. I have noticed my temp is starting to dip . Yesterday was 96.4. Didn't panic but today was 96.2 . This is a major concern of mine. I worked hard (well, eating isn't that hard, but was willing to take a weight gain) to ramp up my metabolism and I'm afraid the low cals will slow it back down? I'm not quitting or giving up, but if following this plan lowers my metabolic rate, how will I come out ahead?

I'll be mulling this over and see where my temp is tomorrow. It's not like I can do much to change it while eating lower cals I guess. It's only 6 more days, so hopefully any slowing will pick back up when I ramp up my cals again.

Off to the gym. Bodypump today - weight training. Love this class, really feel like its reshaping me!!
Old 10-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #1308

Hey Julie, I know how you feel about the low temps, but I have been back to normal cals for only 10 days and my temp has started to come back up to where it was before. Low 98's - mid 98's during the day. Morning temp is 97.8 to 98 this week. I am sure when you increase your cals, it will come back up.

Keep on doing what you are doing!!
Old 10-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #1309
Big Yapper!

Wow, Julie. That's very low. I applaud you for all you're doing to lose weight and get stronger. I hope you find a good balance along the way.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #1310
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Hey Julie, I know how you feel about the low temps, but I have been back to normal cals for only 10 days and my temp has started to come back up to where it was before. Low 98's - mid 98's during the day. Morning temp is 97.8 to 98 this week. I am sure when you increase your cals, it will come back up.

Keep on doing what you are doing!!
Thank you!! I am happy to hear that!! I am feeling good overall, and hope/expect my temps (and metabolism I hope) to pick back up once I'm eating more. It's only a few more days, I'm sure it'll be fine. Glad yours are up! it is so reassuring, isn't it?

Cheryl-thanks! It's not that hard, once I get over the initial avoidance of doing an hcg round, I usually do ok. hope you're quickly into ketosis and doing well!

Did my weights today. Not any harder than when I'm eating more (even went a bit heavier on the chest press ). So that's a good thing!! Only Zumba and one more pump class while on vlcs, except maybe Monday, haven't decided if I'll eat vlc that day yet. Either way, almost done, and hope the scale drops a bit more yet .
Old 10-16-2013, 04:02 AM   #1311

That is great Julie!! It sure seems when someone else is doing a round it goes much quicker than mine..

I am THRILLED you are able to work out so hard while on P2!! this is so comforting. I am uppping my intensity in P3 now, and when I do another round, I would love to be able to keep this up. I was exercising but not like you are! Congrats!!

Yes, it makes me so much more confident knowing my hard work to get my temps up did not go to waste. They do come back up with more food!!! At least for me, and I am sure for you too.. just keep on keeping on!!!
Old 10-16-2013, 07:05 AM   #1312
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
That is great Julie!! It sure seems when someone else is doing a round it goes much quicker than mine..

I am THRILLED you are able to work out so hard while on P2!! this is so comforting. I am uppping my intensity in P3 now, and when I do another round, I would love to be able to keep this up. I was exercising but not like you are! Congrats!!

Yes, it makes me so much more confident knowing my hard work to get my temps up did not go to waste. They do come back up with more food!!! At least for me, and I am sure for you too.. just keep on keeping on!!!
Thanks deb!! I'm holding steady at 96.6 this morning. I was there before I started working on my temps. Must be where my body goes w/ LC or low cal? I hope it'll come back up without a bunch of carbs. Time will tell, I'll worry about it next week. yes! I love that I've been able to maintain the intensity of my workouts while on such a low calorie diet. I do love to experiment, but wasn't sure this would work . So far, so good!! you'll do great on your next round. I'm considering one in jan or feb myself.

I'm down to 156.2 today! and I'm sore from lifting yesterday! Zumba today and hopefully it won't be too hard. They've been jumping more which kills me! I like the older Zumba routines. I did drop the quest bar yesterday and did lunch meat instead (boars head mesquite turkey yesterday, planning their chipotle chicken breast today!). It's yummy, low in cals and high in protein! I think it's a great addition to this plan. Wish I'd done more of it in past rounds. I also think the ffgy is a great addition this round. I credit it with being able to keep up my workouts . It certainly isn't because I'm well fueled! Came in at 600 cals yesterday. VLCD16 today. I think/hope I have enough days left to drop maybe 2 more? Initially I had hoped for 155, but now I'm getting greedy! I recall hcg does that to me, makes me greedy

Family is doing well. Dh is on call this week so working a lot. It's good though, we need the extra money right now, lots of bills from dd's surgery still hanging around. God is so good though!! Dh gets overtime which will pay it off in no time. With me being home full time it's a real blessing when he gets overtime. he may not look at it that way ... but I do!! Always thankful for God's provision!!
Old 10-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #1313
Big Yapper!

That's wonderful about your progress and energy level and dh's overtime. God truly does provide. Have a splendid day, Julie.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #1314
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Cheryl!

My tummy isn't happy today . Hope that's a sign that I'm processing fat? I recall that rumbly feeling in past rounds being a good sign. Let's hope!
Old 10-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #1315
Big Yapper!

Ut oh! You'll find out soon enough. Stay close to a bathroom. Hope you feel better tomorrow. Night, sweetie.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:55 AM   #1316
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks!! I was ok, just odd rumbling.

STS again today . Bummer! I was nice and low on my calories yesterday, Zumba burns a lot of calories and I even skipped my quest bar since I thought it might be a cause of stalls. But, nope, I guess it's just the way the body works. I'm not complaining, mind you. I'm still down 10 lbs from what I was weighing before I even started hcg, while working out and cutting calories. So, truthfully? I'm pretty darned happy!! Dh and dd's are commenting on my slimness, which is sweet . Kel said yesterday (while hugging me) that I'm not as nice to hug anymore, I'm not soft anymore !

Temp this morning was 96.6. It's been there all week . It gets up to 97.6 later in the day, but I'm a little worried that it's so low again each morning. I was considering doing a longer round to get some more weight off, but I think instead I will move on to the stabilization phase for a week then go back to the low calories when I get home from Page. At least that's the plan for now. If I feel like taking off more weight and my head is in it.

My guess goal jeans fit, but they're a bit tight in the thighs still. I vaguely recall they were a bit snug even back when I was in the 140's last year. I need to try on the other jeans that were too small for me a few weeks ago and get a few more opinions on my size from them . They have been washed since their last wear, so they'll be tough on me.

Off to body pump this morning. Still sore from Tuesday's class! Great all over weight training!! And I sweat like a pig in there too, since we don't get much rest between sets. I am looking for a way to add a third class to my week since I feel like it's doing the most to reshape and strengthen me. Recovery time btw classes is important too, so I'm looking over the schedule. Would need to be a Sat class, but I'm not sure about that...

Have a great day all!
Old 10-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #1317
Big Yapper!

Keep on keepin' on!
Old 10-18-2013, 07:19 AM   #1318
Big Yapper!!!!

STS again today, vlcd18. Expected stall, but was hoping to drop a bit more , oh well, into the weekend we go, dealing with social situations this weekend will be more challenging. Going to a fundraiser tonight and an authentic African dinner will be served, not sure how to manage that? I guess I'll make as good of a decision as I can? It's definitely the social eating that makes hcg so hard!! If I lived alone on an island I'd be skinny!

Have a great weekend!!
Old 10-18-2013, 08:21 AM   #1319
Big Yapper!

Social settings are my downfall too, Julie. I hate to not feel 100% a part of the gathering and since the food and drink is such a large part of the experience, I just feel left out if I have to sip on water with lemon or nibble on lettuce leaves. (Exaggerating but ykwim.) Sorry the scale sts today. Mind did too but it was yet another early morning. I had to get up before 0900 to take the pooch to the groomer.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #1320
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi,
Hope you find yourself having fun at your social today. Food isn't everything... life goes on without food! Be blessed!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote