Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #1261
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Hey, Julie! Just stopping in to check on you. I'm in awe of all your exercise. No matter what else is going on with your body, there is no doubt that your body composition is being positively changed by that! So don't lose sight of that.

I am gearing up for another hcg round, too. It's not going to be 500 calories, but probably 800. I think timing is everything, though. I'm not starting it until I know that it's right time for me. You just can't do it unless you're in the right head space.

Hang in there and keep working out. You're doing great.

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #1262
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Hey, Julie! Just stopping in to check on you. I'm in awe of all your exercise. No matter what else is going on with your body, there is no doubt that your body composition is being positively changed by that! So don't lose sight of that.

I am gearing up for another hcg round, too. It's not going to be 500 calories, but probably 800. I think timing is everything, though. I'm not starting it until I know that it's right time for me. You just can't do it unless you're in the right head space.

Hang in there and keep working out. You're doing great.
Indeed!! It took a while for me to get fed up with other options to the point where I was happy to go back on hcg!! I'm actually enjoying it (so far, day 3!!) and think the lonnngg break between rounds was a good thing!! All the exercise must be doing something! I feel stronger and more fit, tighter and more stamina - so that's all good stuff!! hopefully i can strip some fat off the top layer and see some muscle! Thanks for your encouragement!! I'm heading back out to CA in early Dec., btw Love the Mouse at Christmas!

Cheryl-hope you're doing well!

I did my weight training class - called body pump today! It was hard, but it's always hard!! No noticeable difference, but I did use lower weights than normal and focused on good form!! Felt good! I hope it'll feel that way next week and the week after ...

My gym buddy/neighbor is going away early next week... it'll be tempting to skip or lighten my workouts while she's gone. I'll see how I feel. If I'm feeling awful I'll just walk, but I hope to be able to push through each of these classes!

So far, so good! 165.2 this morning, which is pretty good for day 3. Rid of the recent gain (loading) and now on to real weight that I haven't been able to budge for months!!

Have a great day all!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #1263
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Yea you! I'm sure the Christmas Mouse is looking forward to seeing you, too.

Jessica, aren't her workouts amazing? Exhausting just to read about them. Julie, I might take that opportunity while your gym buddy is gone to do exactly what you said. Maybe you're over-trained. I've heard that expression before and it could apply to you. Don't feel like you're being lazy or sneaky, just do it as an experiment.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:35 AM   #1264
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Go Julie!! Hope you are having a great Friday!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:17 PM   #1265
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl- thanks! I took a day off today, figured it'd be ok. I'll be fit some day!!

Thanks deb!

It's been a good day! I didn't workout, but got the grocery shopping done (2 stores) went to my moms to take care of her, fed the fam, and even rested a bit. I'm come in around 470 cals, and really satisfied w/ that? It's crazy! I'm not even hungry right now... Yippee! I'll weigh in again tomorrow of Sunday. Official weigh in on Monday for my first week's total. All is well. (I really hope I feel fine in the next few weeks too!)
Old 10-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #1266
Big Yapper!

Every "body" needs rest. I wish my newest pellets killed my hunger. I hate that they don't. The Vox brand were always so great. Very sad.

Sleep tight! Tomorrow is another day.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #1267
Big Yapper!!!!

I think skipping the fruit and upping the protein is helping my hunger a bit. I'm sad b/c I miss the apples, but and a few strawberries yesterday and felt good . Down to 162.2 this morning, so that's great! I'm Ning to get all the way down to 155 before oct 25... We'll see. I always lose the most weight in the first week, then 2-3lbs a week (at best!) the other 2 weeks, meaning I'd need to be down to 160 by Monday, which is possible.

Not a revelation, but shrimp is really low in calories!! That means I get to eat more of that, and still stay on plan!!

Hope you're all doing well. My garden is going well, my lettuce and onion not so much, but the beans, peas, and broccoli look great!! Going to build a makeshift trellis for the beans, that should help them out .

Take care all, go enjoy the lovely Fall weather and your family and friends!
Old 10-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #1268
Big Yapper!

Have a nice day, Julie.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #1269

That is a great loss Julie!!! Keep it up! I hope you continue to enjoy this round as long as possible. I am sure you will hit the 155 you are looking for.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #1270
Big Yapper!!!!

Doing fine!! Enjoyed shrimp, cottage cheese, burger, slices of chicken breast lunch meat, and coffee... All totaled at 689cals. not bad!!

I feel pretty good and am pleased a far. The only issue I'm starting to notice is that lightheaded feeling when I get up too fast I've had that in past rounds too, and that's never fun. Planning to do my kickboxing class tomorrow, even w/o my neighbor friend, and see how it goes.

Down to 161.4 today, so -10 from my start weight (includes load weight) on vlcd6. So far, so good!!
Old 10-07-2013, 05:09 AM   #1271

Fantastic Julie!!!

Careful if you feel lightheaded!
Old 10-07-2013, 07:52 AM   #1272
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks deb!! How was that ribeye?

I'm down to 160.8 today, which I was hoping for in my first week!! that's 11lbs from my load weight!! feeling good this morning. Going to take my kickboxing class this morning and hope for the best. If I feel icky, I'll take a break.

Fleeing good!! Smaller, but my favorite jeans still are too tight. That's ok! I've got 2 more weeks and remember that when the scale stops (which I know it will) the inches will go. That's what I'm really looking forward to!!

Hope you all enjoyed relaxing weekends. We're doing fine, thinking about leaving our church which is a big deal to us. We're very involved and have been there for 5 years and it's quite a hard situation. Our pastor is leading us in a direction we don't want to go, and he's getting puffed up w/ education and winning the approval of man. We're struggling with if/when/how to leave, and where we'd go. praying for wisdom!

Happy Monday all!
Old 10-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #1273

wow Julie!! that is a great first week!!

All of the ribeyes I had this weekend were good!.. Yep, I enjoyed my grill and my meat!!! and guess what? Not an oz. gained. HOORAH!!!!..

Good luck with your decision Julie.. it can't be easy.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #1274
Big Yapper!!!!

Good for you deb!! Easy maintenance and rocking the losses in the first place? You're doing so well!!

I finished my class... But barely!! Had to stop twice b/c I though I was gonna pass out or throw up! I will try eating before I go next time. That would help. Feeling better now that I had some GY and raspberries. weight training tomorrow after a protein shake... That will help I'm sure!!

In the groove
Old 10-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #1275
Big Yapper!

You're doing great, Julie! Gotta love that dang hhcg. Maybe I'll have to give another rogue round a try. Mom's birthday deal is this Sunday so maybe after that.

I'm sorry you are feeling like your Pastor is changing his direction. If you are feeling that way, no doubt others are of the same mind. Do you ever just have an informal gathering where you can discuss your concerns together? Maybe you need to tell the Pastor your concerns, too. Maybe he needs a wake-up call.

Have a good night. Get a good rest. And KUTGW!!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #1276
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-It's certainly isn't easy, but it does work!! I'm content with it as I've accepted nothing else will work for me these days . I'm choosing to be happy something works, rather than complain that this is the only thing that does.

I'm stalled today at 160.8 again. I'm ok w/ that, but am now recommitted to not weighing every day! I can get discouraged if I'm not careful. I'm doing body pump today. I had 715 cals yesterday and 114g of protein! That ought to be enough . I just had some fat free GY w/ raspberries and my coffee, so hopefully I will be fueled for this class well .
Old 10-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #1277
Big Yapper!

Have a lovely day, Julie.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #1278
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Cheryl! So far, so good!!

I did great at the gym today! Looks like the GY before really did the trick!! Yay!! I'm skipping Zumba tomorrow, it almost killed me last week. I'll go for a walk instead then do pump again on Thursday . Very pleased with it today!!
Old 10-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #1279
Big Yapper!

Yea!
Old 10-09-2013, 03:09 AM   #1280

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Congrats on a great first week Julie!!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:43 AM   #1281

Go Julie!!! so glad you are having a nice round! AND exercising!!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #1282
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks girls!! I feel good! I came I at 550cals yesterday, and felt good. A bit hungry late at night, but didn't cave in. Down to 159.4 this morning!! even after weight lifting, so that is even better!

Planning to go for a walk, but dd wants to bike ride instead. Either way some exercise outside will be good!! It's all good. Hcg works. Hard, but effective!!
Old 10-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #1283

Wow excellent! PLUS exercise! this is great news!
Old 10-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #1284
Big Yapper!

Old 10-10-2013, 08:01 AM   #1285
Big Yapper!!!!

Enjoyed a nice bike ride w/ dd yesterday. STS today, but it's ok. I was up late last night and know it'll slow down now. This is why I'm not supposed to weigh daily , but I'm so curious!! I always want to know!?

Had my GY and a few strawberries, my coffee and I'm off to the gym. Pump class today, and hope it goes as well as Tues! Then I'm off until Monday! Yay!

It's actually a bit chilly here today, storm coming through, high of 72? lovely!! God is good, all the time, but I'm extra thankful for cool weather!
Old 10-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #1286
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!! I STS today at 159.4, but ok w/ that. Went to bed at 1:30 so I'm not expecting anything good on the scale today! I had my coffee and GY then hit the gym for my pump class. I did well again!! Finished all the reps and with good form and even had energy afterwards!! I can't believe I'm able to do it!! I can see the definition and muscle development in my arms and shoulders!! It's great!! Dh says my whole body shape is changing. it has been about. 4 months since I started at this gym. I have worked joy way up to 4 classes / week and some walking or biking at home, but am really glad there is some change take place. Whew!! I haven't tried my "goal" jeans on lately, maybe this weekend? I've still got the other half of this round to go, and I'd like to drop at least 4 more lbs, but more would always be nice!! I'm encouraged .

K, enough about me . How are you guys? It's 60deg right now here and I'm loving it!! Open windows, wearing a jacket!! Yay!
Old 10-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #1287
Big Yapper!

Wow, Julie! You're really cooling off down there! Woohoooo! Enjoy it while it lasts. I'm so happy you are able to keep up your workouts with the calorie limitations and that your body definition is taking shape. Hope you are taking progress pictures cause someday you may just want to share them. Have a splendid day.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:41 AM   #1288
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-I really should have taken pictures... It's quite a big difference in a short time. I think dropping the fat layer over the muscle is amazing!! I'd love to strip away even more!! It's 50 deg right now!! love it!! I'm wearing a sweatshirt!! I kept the windows open all day yesterday, made the girls wear jackets and huddle under blankets with hot tea and cocoa! it's lovely!! Back to the 80's tomorrow, which is fine. I like that too!

Is 3 days a stall? I'm at 159.2 this morning, but I didn't really care. I'm off exercise for a few days, which will help the scale. Tom came this morning with a vengeance! 2 weeks early! not what I expected at all! But, whatever, I know hug messes w/ my cycle, I'll live. Overall I'm doing well, just a bit bored. Half way through my round, and hoping for 5 more lbs. I'm toying with going back for more vlcds when I get home from Page ( going away the last weekend of oct.). Can't do vlc while hiking and traveling. If I'm feeling up to it, I may just go back for more. If I can't get this weight off first, that is. We'll see. I won't do another hug round again til feb., if I need one, so I'd prefer to drop as much as I can now, while I'm in the zone .

Sorry, just rambling there.
Hope you're all doing well and have a great weekend!!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #1289
Big Yapper!

Your device's spelling corrector keeps changing hcg to "hug." When reading your posts, we need to keep an open mind. I'm loving that you kept the windows open and made the kids bundle up. You have to embrace those moments whenever you can get them out there. Good for you! May you have many more cool nights like that in your future.

I know it's frustrating but I don't think 3 days makes a stall. But if it were me I'd be calling it a stall, too. And nobody could tell me anything different! So exciting that your muscles are emerging. Wooohooooo!

Have a great day.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #1290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
So happy for you Julie. It is fun when the fat leaves & shows the muscle definition that you worked so hard for! I experienced that too... all those crunches & push-ups actually were doing something!
Enjoy the cool reprieve! Amazing that it got that cold down there. I'm still battling the fact that I have to put on my heavy clothing to go for a walk... got so spoiled.
Have a great day!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote