Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #1231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I agree! Thank you!! It's good to have a bit of tough love, not that it was unkind, it wasnt. But sometimes the truth isn't fun to hear!!
You're right, I do think lowering cals is my best option. Thanks!! And not hypocritical-you know what works!! I'm taking your advice (and Debby's) and gonna keep cals in the 1200-1600 range (lower when I can) and see she that goes. Keeping up the exercise too!

I'm encouraged. I'm looking back at my food logs, and although primal foods, there was too much. Higher cals plus exercise will be good in maintenance, but to lost this 15lbs I'm gonna have to cut. Not gonna do JUDDD. Those dd's are so depriving! I'm afraid I'll overdo the UDs out of reaction. Shooting for 1400 cals today ! I did my pump class today whew! That's a toughie!! All weights, but I'm dripping from sweat! Great all over workout!! I'll walk tomorrow as dd has a dr appt in the am, then pump again thurs, then walk Fri. that'll be 6 days of exercise this week I'll be fit!!
I'm so relieved Julie, that you will give this a shot. I was worried that I'd been too straight, but also for you. You're such a sweet-heart! Thanks for taking it the way it was meant.
You're just beating that body into submission! LOL... I need to let that rub off on me!! Not "feeling" too energetic lately, although I've worked my elliptical back up to 40 minutes... I'm wanting to hide from the "cold" outside! But I guess that's just part of getting used to winter weather again... these temps don't bother us later on into winter, in fact we think its like spring then!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2013, 06:09 AM   #1232
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Just popping in to and cheer you on as you start a brand new day. Like Debby said, I'm so glad you take things we say as they are meant to be taken. We want to see you get the best results from all your labors. Can't wait to see how you do this coming week!
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #1233
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Thanks ladies!! I'm down the weight I gained, and stuck around 166 . But, I will give it time. I'm really hungry though! it's not a big deal, I've done Hcg and know what real hunger feels like! I just need to wrap my head around it and realize I won't die if my tummy growls!

I just booked a short trip to Disneyland for me and the girls. This is our makeup for dh going to Europe in feb. it'll be a great trip, but not the same w/o dh there. He's got to save his days off and $, so the girls and I will go and still have a great time! Love it there, especially right before Christmas!! So, I have until dec 8 to be back to my right size.

Already fit 2 pairs of jeans that didn't fit 2 months ago. Another few lbs and more workouts and I should get there, no matter what the scale says

Last edited by julieboolie; 09-25-2013 at 02:35 PM..
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #1234
Big Yapper!

That's wonderful about the 2 jeans! Talk about a "true measure" of your success. I think your bouts with hunger will subside when you get used to the new calorie level. KUTGW! And the Disneyland goal for December 8 is a wonderful one.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #1235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So Julie, you dropped a lb? I think that's great! I've got to be happy about every 1/4 lb... they add up! I avoid eating too many carbs for the hunger thing... building them up slowly. Also have gone to the 8/16 intermittent fasting thing with whatever diet... so much easier to fast in the morning, then there's not that much time in between meals to "get hungry."
I've got to start drinking more water... have slipped into drinking coffee only.
Whoo Hoo!! on the encouraging sign - jeans fitting better! Just goes to show, its paying off!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #1236
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
That's wonderful about the 2 jeans! Talk about a "true measure" of your success. I think your bouts with hunger will subside when you get used to the new calorie level. KUTGW! And the Disneyland goal for December 8 is a wonderful one.
Yes, I do well w/ goals . I hope the hunger subsides. It's not unbearable, but annoying. I'm trying not to give in to it, and rationalize eating more , just for today, blah blah blah. Btdt! Time to suck it up and be a little hungry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
So Julie, you dropped a lb? I think that's great! I've got to be happy about every 1/4 lb... they add up! I avoid eating too many carbs for the hunger thing... building them up slowly. Also have gone to the 8/16 intermittent fasting thing with whatever diet... so much easier to fast in the morning, then there's not that much time in between meals to "get hungry."
I've got to start drinking more water... have slipped into drinking coffee only.
Whoo Hoo!! on the encouraging sign - jeans fitting better! Just goes to show, its paying off!
I was up to 170lbs ( TOM and weekend bump) when I dropped my cals this week. I did low very hungry cals on Monday (651), 1332 tues, 1555 yesterday. I'm trying to keep it under 1600 this week. I'm not losing any real weight yet. (I've been in the 164-167 range for weeks while eating a LOT of cals. Seems to be a set point). I'm hoping to see 163 by Monday, then would love to lose 1 lb a week. I was down to 143 at one point early this year, but couldn't stick it. With exercise I'd like to be a tight, toned 150ish. We'll see. I've got pretty recent gain to lose, so it should go more easily, at least initially. We'll see.

166 again today , but I wore a cute pair of jeans last night that I couldn't wear 2 months ago!! So, I'll take that! I've been working out pretty consistently for 2 months now, and I'm feeling stronger and fitter. (Is that a word?) . I still hate lunges! But they make me not hate squats as much by comparison I'm walking too, so up to 6 days of exercise this week! Yay me! the weather is finally cooling off, so walking is more enjoyable. I'm trying not to freak out about what that scale says. If I can fit my guess jeans by Dec 8, regardless of what the scale says, I'll be happy. I can zip them, but they don't look good yet. Soon though, I hope!

And, the best news of the day? Dd saw the surgeon yesterday and is healed well enough to run and play again! She's released from his care for 6 months and can resume normal life!! Running, playing, hiking... Hooray! Thank you Lord!
Old 09-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #1237
Big Yapper!

That's fantastic about your dd!! What welcome news for all of you! She must be ecstatic after having to be so careful. Thank God is right.

KUTGW, Julie. It will pay dividends.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:30 PM   #1238
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Great job on keeping up the exercise Julie!! Inches inches inches!!

Glad your DD can be a kid again!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #1239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yes, I do well w/ goals . I hope the hunger subsides. It's not unbearable, but annoying. I'm trying not to give in to it, and rationalize eating more , just for today, blah blah blah. Btdt! Time to suck it up and be a little hungry.
I was up to 170lbs ( TOM and weekend bump) when I dropped my cals this week. I did low very hungry cals on Monday (651), 1332 tues, 1555 yesterday. I'm trying to keep it under 1600 this week. I'm not losing any real weight yet. (I've been in the 164-167 range for weeks while eating a LOT of cals. Seems to be a set point). I'm hoping to see 163 by Monday, then would love to lose 1 lb a week. I was down to 143 at one point early this year, but couldn't stick it. With exercise I'd like to be a tight, toned 150ish. We'll see. I've got pretty recent gain to lose, so it should go more easily, at least initially. We'll see.

166 again today , but I wore a cute pair of jeans last night that I couldn't wear 2 months ago!! So, I'll take that! I've been working out pretty consistently for 2 months now, and I'm feeling stronger and fitter. (Is that a word?) . I still hate lunges! But they make me not hate squats as much by comparison I'm walking too, so up to 6 days of exercise this week! Yay me! the weather is finally cooling off, so walking is more enjoyable. I'm trying not to freak out about what that scale says. If I can fit my guess jeans by Dec 8, regardless of what the scale says, I'll be happy. I can zip them, but they don't look good yet. Soon though, I hope!
And, the best news of the day? Dd saw the surgeon yesterday and is healed well enough to run and play again! She's released from his care for 6 months and can resume normal life!! Running, playing, hiking... Hooray! Thank you Lord!
Sounds great! Losing inches & trying on clothes is such an encouragement & motivator. Great thing to do when you're on a plateau to keep your resolve. Its happening!! Hope the hunger subsides too.
Congrats to DD on her healing!! Yahoo!
Old 09-27-2013, 05:05 AM   #1240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
congrats on getting in smaller jeans, julie. for me, this is all that matters bc it's what others see. they can't see our number on a scale. with all your awesome exercising, i think looking at the scale is defeating bc it doesn't give you a true picture of your progress. your smaller jeans, however, do!!

just yesterday my chiro said he was looking at past images he took of me in spring (postural thing) and he said to himself...wow, she's really dropped some weight. but you know what, i haven't really dropped much scale weight. inches, yes!!

anyway, sorry to beat a dead horse, just wanted to let you know how happy i am for you!
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:49 AM   #1241
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks girls! You're so sweet!! I am happy to be able to wear those 2 pairs of jeans. I'm still far from my favorite pair though. So I can't get lazy or lose momentum (not that you're advocating that, but wanted to remind myself not to rest on any laurels ).

The hunger thing is bad. My tummy is growling all the time!! I go to bed hungry, I wake you hungry . It's really not fun at all. And the scale? It's up! I think my body is whacked!! I'm not going to weigh for a while (Carrie you're very right about that!) and just try to control my potions. Hhcg is looking good as a hunger aid, and if I do a short round around 7-800 cals, it isn't that different from trying to drop my cals on my own. I'm working that through in my mind. The catch 22 is I don't want to use it as a crutch, but the reality is that I've learned it seems to be the only way to lose weight at this point. I would much prefer to lose it some other way, but ive been working on it seriously for 2 months and I'm still around 168 lbs, where I was down to 149 in May. I don't know. I'm mulling. I'm almost to the point where 3 quick weeks of low cals w/ hhcg hunger suppression sounds much better to me than 2 months of hunger and work w/o it's help and staying the same. The true test will be the exercise. I'm happy with what I'm doing now (finally!) and plan to keep that going. I'm still mulling, but wanted to share that with you guys. You're always so loving and supportive, and have shared this struggle so you understand. Sigh.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend. I went for a great hike yesterday w/ the fam and some good friends, lovely day!
Old 09-29-2013, 07:26 AM   #1242

Julie as much as I hated the idea of doing another round, for me it was the only way to get rid of hunger AND lose the inches and pounds. I still exercise, although I don't know how much you are. Anyway, 700-800 is so much more doable than Simeons.

I know this is NOT a popular opinion in your journal, but I want to let you know that others are doing it and will support whatever you choose. I am so sorry you are hungry! Nothing much worse than being hungry and not seeing results. Some peoples bodies are just different, and we have to figure that out on our own path.

For everyone who can lose inches and pounds by following a more acceptable plan of lower cals or carbs, I think that is wonderful!!!!!
Old 09-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #1243
Big Yapper!

How about this. Do the hhcg but eat between 1,000 and 1,200 per day to support your workouts. You'll still be in a nice calorie deficit but you won't be struggling with hunger or asking your body to let go of fat reserves when you are working so hard at the gym. Too many internal mechanisms that will be fighting that weight loss if you keep the calories too low. You know?

I could never deal with chronic hunger. Go ahead and do this, Julie. You've really given it your all. If you've now dropped your calories and are always hungry, that's just not cool.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:54 AM   #1244

Quote:
How about this. Do the hhcg but eat between 1,000 and 1,200 per day to support your workouts. You'll still be in a nice calorie deficit but you won't be struggling with hunger or asking your body to let go of fat reserves when you are working so hard at the gym. Too many internal mechanisms that will be fighting that weight loss if you keep the calories too low. You know?

I could never deal with chronic hunger. Go ahead and do this, Julie. You've really given it your all. If you've now dropped your calories and are always hungry, that's just not cool.
Great idea Cheryl!!!
Old 09-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #1245
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Julie as much as I hated the idea of doing another round, for me it was the only way to get rid of hunger AND lose the inches and pounds. I still exercise, although I don't know how much you are. Anyway, 700-800 is so much more doable than Simeons.

I know this is NOT a popular opinion in your journal, but I want to let you know that others are doing it and will support whatever you choose. I am so sorry you are hungry! Nothing much worse than being hungry and not seeing results. Some peoples bodies are just different, and we have to figure that out on our own path.

For everyone who can lose inches and pounds by following a more acceptable plan of lower cals or carbs, I think that is wonderful!!!!!
Thanks Deb! I know you understand. I really have tried everything I can think of to lose this fat, but it's not working. Sigh. I do remember this is what led me to Hcg in the first place. I'm glad to hear you're exercising while following lower cals, that's my chief concern. I'm working out 5-6 days a week, and 3-4 of those are pretty intense. I'm planning to keep with that, so if I need to up my protein I will. I'm inspired by your losses and apprecite your support?

Quote:

I'll take it day by day. I'm shooting for 700-800/day, and hope the exercise doesn't make that impossible. Thanks for understanding. You know the challenges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Great idea Cheryl!!!
Yep, I'm doing some variety of that. Using Hcg as an appetite suppressant and planning to keep up the intense exercise. I'd love to be able to strip sway some of this fat and see the muscle I've built!

Day of rest, started loading and dosing today. Not going to gorge, but wishing the Hcg was already in my system so I could just start. I'll drop cals Tuesday morning. not what I was hoping to do, but not content to stay this weight and insulated for much longer.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #1246

Good luck Julie!!! I know you will do well. I don't work out HARD, just work out on my bike and walk right now, oh and some weight training. No problems though. Listen to your body and have that extra protein if you need it!
Old 09-29-2013, 05:41 PM   #1247
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks deb! I just ordered some quest bars from netrition and will keep those on hand for when I need more protein . I'll be doing some protein shakes and bars and may skip the fat this round in exchange for higher protein? Not sure though, as I really look forward to those apples.... I guess we'll see .
Old 09-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #1248
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/128-130/128
WOE: hHCG, Currently Maintenance 5:2
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Thanks deb! I just ordered some quest bars from netrition and will keep those on hand for when I need more protein . I'll be doing some protein shakes and bars and may skip the fat this round in exchange for higher protein? Not sure though, as I really look forward to those apples.... I guess we'll see .
Just wanted to say good luck on whatever you decide ! I know the girls over on the HCG have an alternative protocol thread that sounds pretty good and more manageable. If I ever do another round it definitely will not be 500 calories ! Hope you figure it out with what's right for you.

Here's a link :
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...mmas-plan.html
pandora174 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:00 PM   #1249
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
Just wanted to say good luck on whatever you decide ! I know the girls over on the HCG have an alternative protocol thread that sounds pretty good and more manageable. If I ever do another round it definitely will not be 500 calories ! Hope you figure it out with what's right for you.
I just wanted to stop and ask you how you lost the majority of your weight. I'd love to hear your story. Is that your journal in the siggy area? Will need to go and peruse.

Julie, I just don't want to see you set yourself up for more struggle. If you go as low as 700-800 calories and keep up that much intense exercise, I don't think it's going to matter WHAT you take or don't take, you're body is going to slam on the brakes. Please eat closer to 1000. PLEASE. I love you, man.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:20 PM   #1250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Julie,
Hope you can figure things out & find good health.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:40 AM   #1251

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
WTG Julie!! I think one of the toughest challenges is finding something that will work over time so that any weight lost is maintained. I'm certainly one that vote for use of hhcg as it really does work and I was able to keep most of the weight off after rounds. It was when I overindulged for days that weight came back on..but that would've happened on any other plan too. Good luck on whatever you do, we're here to cheer you on!! Let me know how the quest bars taste, I'd like something for added protein when needed too.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:03 AM   #1252
Big Yapper!

Hey, honey bunch! Just thinking of you and sending you some love. Please check in regardless of how you're feeling. We are here for you.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #1253
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks ladies!! I'm doing well. Did my combat class this morning and it was hard! But good!! Tomorrow my first VLCD and it'll be fine. I've got leftover grilled chicken kabob and steak in the fridge for the week. Lots of lettuce, protein powder and almond milk... Should do fine. The first week is always the best. It's that third week when things look bleak! Loading is the fun part!! I had a soft serve ice cream cone today! it'll be a while until I can indulge again!

At this pint I'll be around 170 when I start I'd like to get down to 155 while continuing to work out, that's doable and a good goal for me. I'm actually looking forward to that light feeling again. Kwim?

Thanks Cheryl-I'm sure my cals will be high enough. Keeping them high has never been a problem for me... I'm sure w/ my coffee and fat free Hnh it'll be close to 800 no matter how hard I try, but likely over, if I'm hungry or feeling weak i'll eat more.

Pandora-nice to see you! You've maintained so well!! I haven't been strict enough and am learning a lot this year!! Hopefully by keeping exercise in this round I'll have an easier time stabilizing? We'll see...

Thanks Debby!

Shari-I've overindulged for more than a few days... but hopefully that reset my metabolism and this round will go well? The quest bars are pretty good, I like the choc PB one the best, portable, low fat and low carb, high protein... Not bad tasting

Off to eat a few choc covered almonds and make dinner for the family. 3 weeks until I'm stuffed again. Looking forward to that part!!

Thanks so much for your support and encouragement friends!! It really means a lot to me!!
Old 09-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #1254
Big Yapper!

Old 10-01-2013, 03:07 AM   #1255

Go Julie!!!!
Old 10-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #1256
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/128-130/128
WOE: hHCG, Currently Maintenance 5:2
Start Date: January 2012
Good luck Julie !!
pandora174 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #1257
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks! I'm actually excited. I do well w/ a strict plan, easier to say "no" to things. I've had some coffee w/ a splash of SF vanilla creamer, and some water, but not any real food yet. Didn't workout today took my mom to her drs appt, so I'm not gonna have extra food today (unless I feel icky). Tomorrow is Zumba, so I may need something extra. I'll play it by ear

(Ashamed to admit the scale said 171.8 today! ) can't wait to strip some of this fat back off, but I do admit I feel more fit and strong from all the workouts which is a great place to be!
Old 10-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #1258
Big Yapper!

How exciting it will be to trim down the lbs knowing you are so much leaner underneath! Woohooo! You're going to be one hot momma! Go get it, girl!
Old 10-02-2013, 10:41 AM   #1259
Big Yapper!!!!

Not weighing yet. Did Zumba today. They were trying to kill me, I'm sure of it! They came close... Man! So much jumping! it can't be the low cals, I only just started... It's me. My friend was complaining too, so I felt encouraged by that.

Cheryl- if I can continue the workouts while stripping off some fat, I'll be way ahead of the game. Considering I'm 20lbs heavier than I was this time last year, and I can still fit into SOME of my jeans is encouraging. The exercise must be helping somewhat.

I was just discussing it w/ my buddy this morning... That it takes 6-12 months to really reshape your body through intense exercise. I think I was hoping for more like 3! I can see improvement already, but I look forward to 6 months from now if I keep with it, I'll be in really good shape! that will be a nice place to be!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #1260
Big Yapper!

Amen!