Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #1201
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: May 1, 2014
Just as an FYI, it looks like there is a new 21-day challenge going on on the Primal Website - not supposed to link here but you can find it easily with Google.

I eat very primal-ish and try to follow the basic rules, but I am much lower-carb than Primal allows for now.
Portia is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #1202
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Feel better, cutie. Rest! Maybe all the hard workouts have depleted you in some way. You taking vitos and drinking electrolyte-replacement stuff? Don't neglect those little details.
Thanks! I am taking my vitamins, but I think my lack of sleep while away last weekend, then flying, all caught up w. me. Maybe some overtraining in there lowered my resistance too? I'm trying to rest more, but still feel kinda crummy.

Quote:
Then Primal Happiness is finding something you can live with that both makes you healthy and content.

Julie! I hope you're feeling much better today. Please check in when you can.
I skipped the gym and took a walk instead. The walk was good, but too hot. Will need to go earlier before it's so hot out. I think i'm starting to improve, but can't seem too much change from yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portia View Post
Just as an FYI, it looks like there is a new 21-day challenge going on on the Primal Website - not supposed to link here but you can find it easily with Google.

I eat very primal-ish and try to follow the basic rules, but I am much lower-carb than Primal allows for now.
Thanks! and thanks for stopping in! How's it going for you? I may check that out. I've been on there, not registered, but reading a lot. It's not really all that different than what Atkins intended Atkins OWL to be. But, I see the same tendency for Paleo and Primal recipes to make fake food replacements for whole food. I'd like to train myself not to go there. (but, the sf chocolate mousse I had last night will tell a different story ).

Feeling hungry and tired, and sweaty and hot!! Walked instead of zumba b.c I still feel kinda crummy.But hopefully I can do it tomorrow.

Eating is good, but not low calorie. Not gonna' worry about it for now. Once I'm feeling good, and back working out more consistently, I'll look at it more closely. I'm thinking of changing up my workouts a bit more (ala Primal) but we'll see if I can morph the gym classes into a primal workout.
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #1203
Big Yapper!!!!

Broc. Ched Soup

Here's a recipe I just made...
It's yummy, but next time I'll do a bit more cheese, and a bit less onion. It's a bit sweet, which I didn't expect. I didn't add the nutmeg.

Broccoli Cheese Soup
by Amy Love, Real Food Whole Health

8 TBL butter (from grassfed cows)
1 organic onion, diced
2 organic carrots, diced
2 ribs organic celery, diced
3-4 cloves garlic, smashed, diced
8 cups of organic broccoli, florets and stalks chopped into small pieces(4-5 stalks)
Unrefined sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
¼ tsp white pepper
2 1/2 cups homemade chicken stock/broth
1 cup dry white wine (or additional cup stock)
1 cup of raw cream or crème fraiche (from grass-fed cows)
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
3 cups extra sharp grass fed cheddar

Directions:

Add the butter to a large stock pot over medium high heat until melted. Add onions, carrots and celery and sauté until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.

Add broccoli and stir to coat well with butter. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt, pepper and white pepper. Add broth and optional wine. Turn up the heat, bring to a low boil. Turn down to a simmer and cook covered (with lid on) until broccoli pieces are soft, about 15 minutes.

Remove from heat. With an immersion/stick blender, puree soup to desired consistency, or process in a regular blender, in batches, taking care not to burn yourself. Return to pot, off heat, stir in cream, dijon, nutmeg and cheese. Stir to combine and melt cheese. Taste and adjust seasonings. If soup needs to be reheated, reheat slowly and do not allow it to come to a boil. Serve immediately.

It was yummy! And in my endless attempt to add more veggies, this iwll be served for a while .
Old 09-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #1204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Thanks!
Eating is good, but not low calorie. Not gonna' worry about it for now. Once I'm feeling good, and back working out more consistently, I'll look at it more closely. I'm thinking of changing up my workouts a bit more (ala Primal) but we'll see if I can morph the gym classes into a primal workout.
Glad you're feeling better
OK... do tell, what is a primal workout?
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:52 PM   #1205
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Num Num!! Thanks for the recipe. Have a good night. I just got home from the farm and the store and taking care of little miss poochy and now it's time to ease into this bed and chill. Ttyt. Hope you are continually getting back to wellness.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:30 AM   #1206
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/188.8/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
GM Julie, I'm going to make that soup..love broccoli/cheese soup Looks like you're doing well with your new plan.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #1207
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Glad you're feeling better
OK... do tell, what is a primal workout?
It's basically walking/hiking/biking at a normal pace a few days a week, lifting heavy things (focus on planks, pull ups, push ups and squats) once or twice a week doing sprints for 10 min or so. The focus is more on getting outside and playing rather than toiling in the gym.

Cheryl-rest well and enjoy that lovely fall weather!

Hi Shari! Good to see you!

I'm doing 3 weeks of strict primal eating now. Committed, looking to join a challenge, but even if I can't, I'll commit right here. clean, no junk, for 3 weeks. Shouldn't be that hard, right?

I've been doing more research on GMOs and now that I'm more aware, will be changing even more of how we eat. Seems to go well w/ primal approach, so off we go. Dd's and dh may not like it at first, but they'll get on board (i do the shopping and cooking), and we've been limiting our eating out (trying for once a week which would be a big change for us!). All a work in progress... we'll get there....

Have a great day all!!
Old 09-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #1208
Big Yapper!

That workout plan sounds like something that would be ideal for someone looking to go back to nature. Where are you finding all your information on the Primal woe? GMO's are scary things, aren't they? They don't even have to label things as being GMO.

Your family may not be thrilled at first but they are your "captive audience." Lucky them! Someday they'll thank you. (I am resting and enjoying the weather, as you said. I wish I could share it with you.)
Old 09-18-2013, 05:25 PM   #1209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great! Glad you're doing the the primal. When you find that thread, please pass it on. I'd like to join it. I've done 2 days without my oat bran now, which puts me into primal... my exercise fits into that description also. Sounds like this diet was made for me.
I get updates from Dr Mercola, he's always telling about the stuff they do to our foods. Very helpful.
Hope you find creative ways to cook for your family!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #1210
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
That workout plan sounds like something that would be ideal for someone looking to go back to nature. Where are you finding all your information on the Primal woe? GMO's are scary things, aren't they? They don't even have to label things as being GMO.

Your family may not be thrilled at first but they are your "captive audience." Lucky them! Someday they'll thank you. (I am resting and enjoying the weather, as you said. I wish I could share it with you.)
Thanks! I'm glad you're getting a bit of rest and enjoying that lovely weather!! Go for a leisurely walk w. Cisco and soak it in!! I've been reading online and getting emails from the Primal site. Good information. Very practical and makes sense. Kind of the conclusions I've already reached - my WOE is supposed to be - if you can grow it, kill it or milk it - it's ok! But they're anti-grains for the most part. I've found I feel the best eating this way, although I keep my splenda in my coffee . Natural is always better!! Wish I lived somewhere w. more water and trees, but once it's cooler I plan to go enjoy the local mountains more!

Quote:
Great! Glad you're doing the the primal. When you find that thread, please pass it on. I'd like to join it. I've done 2 days without my oat bran now, which puts me into primal... my exercise fits into that description also. Sounds like this diet was made for me.
I get updates from Dr Mercola, he's always telling about the stuff they do to our foods. Very helpful.
Hope you find creative ways to cook for your family!
It makes good sense and certainly is logical too. If you look it up online you'll find the site. Lots of good info. There's a book too, but I haven't bought it yet. Just reading online and signed up for an email that gives a good overview of the plan. It's natural which is good. I like it!

Did my weights today. :weights: It was hard! but good! I'm going to walk early tomorrow before it gets hot, b.c I have to teach Botany for dd's class. Will be a fun day! Feeling much better, about 85%. I'll take it!!

We're packing food for that HIV ministry (Compassion in Action) again on Sat morning. We went last month, the kids, dh and my niece came too. She's coming home for the weekend again, so she'll come again too! It's been a long time since we've seen her .

Make it a good day ladies!! I'm off to research gardening in AZ. Our soil is awful and we'll need to build raised beds. Dh isn't thrilled that I expect his help, but once it's done he'll be happy. I made him watch that GMO video so now he knows what I know. He'll fuss, but he'll help.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:49 AM   #1211
Big Yapper!

As long as he helps, the fussing will go in one ear and out the other. It's the end result that counts and you'll be getting what you want and need. I need to find that site you are talking about so I can read about it too. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.

Home schooling must make you very smart yourself! Pretty dog-gone cool.

Nice that you are involved in packing food for that organization. Feels good to do good. Have a blessed day, Julie. Sounds like you already are.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #1212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
i'm so glad you are enjoying primal. i worry about making recommendations or sharing to much of what's working for me and then someone tries it and hates it or it doesn't work for them. i feel bad...

i love the 80/20 principal to allow for lunch with a friend where primal isn't always possible or if i just want some popcorn. it IS football season, ya know, so games twice a week.

anyway...glad you are doing well. how are your temps?
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #1213
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
As long as he helps, the fussing will go in one ear and out the other. It's the end result that counts and you'll be getting what you want and need. I need to find that site you are talking about so I can read about it too. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.

Home schooling must make you very smart yourself! Pretty dog-gone cool.

Nice that you are involved in packing food for that organization. Feels good to do good. Have a blessed day, Julie. Sounds like you already are.
He's really not interested in doing much around the house these days. I got him a gardener for Father's Day last year, and he's loving not doing the lawn anymore. Sadly, he's gotten used to not doing much. Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
i'm so glad you are enjoying primal. i worry about making recommendations or sharing to much of what's working for me and then someone tries it and hates it or it doesn't work for them. i feel bad...

i love the 80/20 principal to allow for lunch with a friend where primal isn't always possible or if i just want some popcorn. it IS football season, ya know, so games twice a week.

anyway...glad you are doing well. how are your temps?
I think they're about the same, but I have been sick, so I was running a fever . I should track it. I've been around 97.2 most of the time, which I can live with. I know what you mean about recommending things, you never know how others will take it. But I'm glad you did. It's a good fit for me, and I may never have found it otherwise. So, thank you? and yes, like in all things, progress beats perfection. We can follow it closely most of the time, but even w/I the plan, there's room for occasional indulgence like chocolate or sugar (mark says he puts it in his morning coffee!) but not a lifestyle of it . How's your family?

I got my raised garden supplies today. Lots of soil pre-mixed w/ compost etc. and the wood already notched to make the beds. I'm excited, but haven't had the time to unload my car and it stinks! Hopefully tomorrow I can get it done before I teach dd's Botany lab. Nite!
Old 09-20-2013, 05:01 AM   #1214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

family is good.

kendall, 15 (16 in feb, ) is a sophomore. he is in FFA and on leadership at school that keeps him busy.

kyle, 14 is a freshman. keeps us busy with his sports, football right now.

noah, 11 is in 6th. he's doing great. feels great. looks great! he's in his 2nd year off treatment and has a checkup every 3 mos and MRIs every 6mos till june then it will probably go to 4 mod checkups and not sure what the MRI schedule will be. but he'll see see his oncologist into his 20's.

ella, 8 (9 next month) is in 3rd grade. she's busy with her gymnastics. she learned her new routines for the upcoming competitive season that starts in January.

so that's the scoop. thanks for asking.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #1215
Big Yapper!

Thanks for the run-down on your kids! That was great to read. So how about you and hubby? How's the old man doing?

Julie, that's awesome you got all the stuff to begin gardening. Are you doing this for the botany class or is it just cause you're in the right frame of mind to begin growing your own organic veggies? Either way, very cool.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #1216

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Glad you are enjoying Primal Julie!! This is also one of the plans I love..

Have a wonderful weekend!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:50 AM   #1217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks for the run-down on your kids! That was great to read. So how about you and hubby? How's the old man doing?
we are good too, cheryl. my business is picking up some...had an awful summer, but that's the way of business i suppose. these next few months are typically my best of the year.

hubby is well. his biz is going well. he's also farming all his dad's ground this year. two of my boys are showing interest in farming. his dad has been renting his ground to a neighbor. the boys are loving it. grandpa is also going to loan kendall money to fee 10 head of cattle. he's super excited about this. hubby is probably going to get a couple head for us too.

speaking of progress, julie. i allowed a '20%' day yesterday. had lunch with a friend at panera bread and then ky's football game, so had popcorn and a hamburger with half the bun. i feel no urge whatesoever to continue with carbs, meaning today back to primal. this is huge progress.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #1218
Big Yapper!

You look so pretty in every picture you post of your face, Carrie. I love the new Avi. Sorry the business slowed down but I'm sure it will pick up again as expected. Is it legal to PM me the name of your website? I have forgotten what it's called.

How cool about the farm and maybe the boys wanting to carry on the family business! So if they have cattle, they must have horses too. Or do the round them up using quads? Yee-haw!

on taking your 20% yesterday and enjoying yourself while out and about.

Julie, and everyone else reading, have a great day. It's rainy here and it's my work day so I'll be somewhat soggy and muddy when I return. But I'll be a little "richer" so it's all good.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #1219
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
family is good.

kendall, 15 (16 in feb, ) is a sophomore. he is in FFA and on leadership at school that keeps him busy.

kyle, 14 is a freshman. keeps us busy with his sports, football right now.

noah, 11 is in 6th. he's doing great. feels great. looks great! he's in his 2nd year off treatment and has a checkup every 3 mos and MRIs every 6mos till june then it will probably go to 4 mod checkups and not sure what the MRI schedule will be. but he'll see see his oncologist into his 20's.

ella, 8 (9 next month) is in 3rd grade. she's busy with her gymnastics. she learned her new routines for the upcoming competitive season that starts in January.

so that's the scoop. thanks for asking.
That's such a nice report!! They're all doing so well. Such a blessing all the way around!! At least you'll have a driver in the house soon, that'll help w/ all the sports and running around! What a relief to be 2 years out and looking ahead to farther time between dr visits. So great to hear !!

Quote:

Julie, that's awesome you got all the stuff to begin gardening. Are you doing this for the botany class or is it just cause you're in the right frame of mind to begin growing your own organic veggies? Either way, very cool.
Just for our personal use. Gt it set up today, planted, but it think I didn't make the soil deep enough. We'll see, dh thinks I should add more dirt, but I already planted the seeds, and don't want to bury them further... We'll see. I'd love it to go well, but we shall see. Have w good weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Glad you are enjoying Primal Julie!! This is also one of the plans I love..

Have a wonderful weekend!
Like it, but not losing . Giving it time, but ready to lose some weight, not gain!!

Quote:
we are good too, cheryl. my business is picking up some...had an awful summer, but that's the way of business i suppose. these next few months are typically my best of the year.

hubby is well. his biz is going well. he's also farming all his dad's ground this year. two of my boys are showing interest in farming. his dad has been renting his ground to a neighbor. the boys are loving it. grandpa is also going to loan kendall money to fee 10 head of cattle. he's super excited about this. hubby is probably going to get a couple head for us too.

speaking of progress, julie. i allowed a '20%' day yesterday. had lunch with a friend at panera bread and then ky's football game, so had popcorn and a hamburger with half the bun. i feel no urge whatesoever to continue with carbs, meaning today back to primal. this is huge progress.
That's wonderful. And you look beautiful in your avi pic!! Young, slim and gorgeous! Good for you!! I'd love to do some farming, but am not sure i would love the long term commitment, day in and day out. I really wish we had a dairy cow at least. Sigh. Very cool your sons are involved too. A great way to grow up .

As much as I like primal, I'm gaining weight . I'm not sure why, the nuts? The fruit? I guess without those things it's a lot like Atkins? I don't lose well on LC anymore. But I'm out of ideas. I'd like to maintain w/ primal, but can't see how it will work? Mark talks about the fat just melting off while following the plan...but I've gained almost 2 lbs, while working out and eating primal all week. And I was way up when I got back to clean eating, so I should have easily lost a few lbs. not sure what's up? I'm kind of remembering thismfeeling that lewd me to Hcg in the first place. Not being able to lose any other way. Somehow I hoped that the primal was the key? I'm not giving up yet, just shring that the workouts and cleaner eating isn't enough. I'm gonna need to look into calorie restriction too. Maybe some shakes? Bummed, but not giving up.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #1220
Big Yapper!

I would have a heart-to-heart with one of the instructors of the classes you love to participate in. What have you got to lose?
Old 09-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #1221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Are you tracking your calories, Julie? Keeping to lower carb? I think the dairy,fruit, & fat are supposed to be kept more minimal on wt. loss. But I don't know much yet. That's what I've been doing & I'm slowly dropping. I ordered the book, but have to wait for it to get here. Also put the % in my nutrient counter. Hope you can get it figured out!
Old 09-23-2013, 05:49 AM   #1222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i'm sorry to hear you're feeling frustrated, julie. have you lost inches? (based on clothes/mirror?) remember, no one can see that number on the scale (which is why it is meaningless to me now), but they can see inches lost. i went thru a couple of weeks that inches were a standstill. only when i decreased my walking did i start to see inches lost again...weird.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #1223
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I would have a heart-to-heart with one of the instructors of the classes you love to participate in. What have you got to lose?
They all advocate slightly different diets, most of them much carbier than feels good for me. It's not that far away. I've got maintenance down pat! Just stripping some fat off first. i remember now why I turned to Hcg in the first place.

Quote:
Are you tracking your calories, Julie? Keeping to lower carb? I think the dairy,fruit, & fat are supposed to be kept more minimal on wt. loss. But I don't know much yet. That's what I've been doing & I'm slowly dropping. I ordered the book, but have to wait for it to get here. Also put the % in my nutrient counter. Hope you can get it figured out!
Yes I am. Coming in around 1800-2000 a day. With all the exercise I'm doing that's a calorie deficit each day. Should be losing 1-2 lbs a week. Sigh.

Quote:
i'm sorry to hear you're feeling frustrated, julie. have you lost inches? (based on clothes/mirror?) remember, no one can see that number on the scale (which is why it is meaningless to me now), but they can see inches lost. i went thru a couple of weeks that inches were a standstill. only when i decreased my walking did i start to see inches lost again...weird.
No, not really losing inches, at least not around my middle. My legs are more toned, but that's from all the exercise. I feel fat in the middle muffin top galore!! It's only been a week or so w/ primal, and I'm not giving up yet, but I was hoping for a small drop? I'm up higher than I should be and even a GYCD would drop me 2 lbs easily at this weight. But to be up 2?? That's disheartening. I've stuck to <50g carbs every day but 1. Grrr.

I am remembering this feeling of not being able to lose any weight. That's what made me try Hcg. I did try JUDDD, Atkins, exercise and eating less in the past too, but it didn't work. That's why Hcg was so appealing, even though it's radical and hard, it works.

I was hoping the "healing" from eating so much for 3 months, and the regular exercise would speed up my metabolism making losing weight easier now. But it doesn't seem to be the case. I'm sorely tempted back to another round of Hcg. I know it's a crutch for me, and not good for me in the long run. I'm dropping my cals today, and doing a modified, LC JUDDD through the week, all primal LC foods and see is that'll get things going. I don't want or expect to drop 5 lbs a week, but 1-2 is reasonable and would be quite welcome!

I walked w/ dh at 6am today, that was nice. Cooler weather is finally coming, so it was a beautiful weekend and morning. Then I did my body combat class at the gym-a sweaty mess! But good! Eating lighter today, shooting for 800 cals. We'll see. Tomorrow is body pump-weights. I'll eat more that day and thurs too.

Last edited by julieboolie; 09-23-2013 at 11:55 AM..
Old 09-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #1224
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yes I am. Coming in around 1800-2000 a day. With all the exercise I'm doing that's a calorie deficit each day. Should be losing 1-2 lbs a week. Sigh.
Oh my goodness Julie! That's a lot of calories for your small frame. My nutrition page tells me to eat much more & promises I'll weigh 116 if I keep it up... Promises-promises I say! I go for 12-1400 calories with exercise. And I'm not losing very fast either. There is also the fact that people with thyroid problems should automatically subtract 200 calories from what all the normal people consume, to accomplish the same thing. I really believe you need to find a "middle-ground" before you can build up your calories that high. On the other hand, what you've been doing with eating that much has probably really conditioned your body for losing, once you lower your calories. Rotation diet would with primal would probably do you great! Chop off a couple hundred & rotate your cals from 1500 - 2000 (over 4 days) & start over & I bet you will see progress!
Old 09-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #1225

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
I FEEL your pain Julie! The same thing happened to me. I got my metabolism up and then just could not lose an ounce. LC does not work for me anymore in the traditional way.

The only thing that really works for me is HCG. SO I started a round of RX HCG, because I got rid of all my homeopathic. ( It was pretty old anyway) I SWORE I would not do another round, but when HAWAII is coming up in the spring and I am no where near where I want to be, SOMETHING must change.

So far so good!! Will continue on as long as I can stand it. Down 20 in 23 days. Just took a 6 day PI, but am back on tomorrow.

I am following a mish mash of Dr Emma/HCG 2.0/Dr. Lipman. They don't believe in immunity and neither do I..

Anyway!! Good luck with ANYTHING you do!! Everyone is here to support you!
Old 09-23-2013, 03:17 PM   #1226
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Oh my goodness Julie! That's a lot of calories for your small frame. My nutrition page tells me to eat much more & promises I'll weigh 116 if I keep it up... Promises-promises I say! I go for 12-1400 calories with exercise. And I'm not losing very fast either. There is also the fact that people with thyroid problems should automatically subtract 200 calories from what all the normal people consume, to accomplish the same thing. I really believe you need to find a "middle-ground" before you can build up your calories that high. On the other hand, what you've been doing with eating that much has probably really conditioned your body for losing, once you lower your calories. Rotation diet would with primal would probably do you great! Chop off a couple hundred & rotate your cals from 1500 - 2000 (over 4 days) & start over & I bet you will see progress!
Well, I'm weighing about 167lbs these days, and working out pretty intensely 5 days a week. Maintenance calculators put me at 2200-2500cal a day. You're probably right. Lowering them would certainly help, in fact, that's what I'm doing this week. I'm very frustrated. When I first started back to the gym I was eating higher carb, but lower cal (about 1500cals). Still no loss. I am trying a lower cal rotation this week. Do you think lower cals each day would work better, or up and down days? I'd like to try something more drastic this week before I go back to hcg. I guess I'll try for DDs and if I can't hack it (read that-starving!!) then 1400cals would look divine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
I FEEL your pain Julie! The same thing happened to me. I got my metabolism up and then just could not lose an ounce. LC does not work for me anymore in the traditional way.

The only thing that really works for me is HCG. SO I started a round of RX HCG, because I got rid of all my homeopathic. ( It was pretty old anyway) I SWORE I would not do another round, but when HAWAII is coming up in the spring and I am no where near where I want to be, SOMETHING must change.

So far so good!! Will continue on as long as I can stand it. Down 20 in 23 days. Just took a 6 day PI, but am back on tomorrow.

I am following a mish mash of Dr Emma/HCG 2.0/Dr. Lipman. They don't believe in immunity and neither do I..

Anyway!! Good luck with ANYTHING you do!! Everyone is here to support you!
I'm so happy for you! you're doing great!! That's a lot of loss (even if it's recent, it's still weight!!). I'd be over the moon! I'm sorely tempted to give hcg another shot. I know how to do it (even a bit rogue) and know it works (at least in the short term). I'm gonna' give lower calories a shot this week ad see where I end up. I don't want to give up my workouts now that I'm finally back to them! How's that going for you?

Hungry!! I'm at 400 cals today so far, and it's 3:15. Doing fat free GY and strawberries for dinner and then I'll shoot for about 1800cals tomorrow. I'll do a JUDDD rotation I think. We'll see though. It's tough to only eat 600cals in a day!! I may not be up for this again on Wed!

Truthfully though, maybe if I can't swing the 500cals a DD thing, I may do CDs every few days and lower cals on the in between ones? Still plenty of protein and some calorie rotation, while keeping cals low overall? I'm obviously still working it out .

Last edited by julieboolie; 09-23-2013 at 03:22 PM..
Old 09-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #1227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'm very frustrated. That 1800cal is LC cals, not carbier stuff. When I first started back to the gym I was eating higher carb, but lower cal (about 1500cals). Still no loss. I am trying a lower cal rotation this week. Do you think lower cals each day would work better, or up and down days? I'd like to try something more drastic this week before I go back to hcg.
I sure feel your frustration... don't want to add to it. for you!
I'd sure try 1200-1400 calorie rotation before going on another crash diet. You've done so well to build your metabolism up, time to get off that roller coaster... you can do it!
Old 09-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #1228
Big Yapper!

I agree with Debby. I think since your calories have been more in the range of a maintenance diet, you should just keep it down in the 1200-1400 range (don't worry about going up and down every other day, just keep it in that range every day) and let the chips fall where they may.

I know I'm always bringing up The Biggest Loser cause that's what I'm watching on Amazon video right now, but they put the women on around 1300 cals and they kill them in the gym for about 8 hours a day. I wonder if they were eating as many calories as you've been eating, if they'd be as frustrated as you have become, even with all their blood, sweat and tears.

I think you've stumbled onto your problem. Forget about doing extreme stuff for the next week and just eat healthy. Give yourself lots of daily hugs. And while we're talking about this stuff, another thing they say on TBL is to eat every four hours. It keeps your "furnace burning strong."

Why not give it a try? We you. It will get better. (Forgive me for giving ANYONE dieting advise right now. I feel like quite the hypocrite.)
Old 09-23-2013, 06:08 PM   #1229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good advice Cheryl,
I'll just add that you can easily divide your calories into 300 calorie meals & snack, and stop eating by 6 or 7 pm.
Hope all you see that 'ole scale moving down soon!
Old 09-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #1230
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I sure feel your frustration... don't want to add to it. for you!
I'd sure try 1200-1400 calorie rotation before going on another crash diet. You've done so well to build your metabolism up, time to get off that roller coaster... you can do it!
I agree! Thank you!! It's good to have a bit of tough love, not that it was unkind, it wasnt. But sometimes the truth isn't fun to hear!!

Quote:
I agree with Debby. I think since your calories have been more in the range of a maintenance diet, you should just keep it down in the 1200-1400 range (don't worry about going up and down every other day, just keep it in that range every day) and let the chips fall where they may.

I know I'm always bringing up The Biggest Loser cause that's what I'm watching on Amazon video right now, but they put the women on around 1300 cals and they kill them in the gym for about 8 hours a day. I wonder if they were eating as many calories as you've been eating, if they'd be as frustrated as you have become, even with all their blood, sweat and tears.

I think you've stumbled onto your problem. Forget about doing extreme stuff for the next week and just eat healthy. Give yourself lots of daily hugs. And while we're talking about this stuff, another thing they say on TBL is to eat every four hours. It keeps your "furnace burning strong."

Why not give it a try? We you. It will get better. (Forgive me for giving ANYONE dieting advise right now. I feel like quite the hypocrite.)
You're right, I do think lowering cals is my best option. Thanks!! And not hypocritical-you know what works!! I'm taking your advice (and Debby's) and gonna keep cals in the 1200-1600 range (lower when I can) and see she that goes. Keeping up the exercise too!

I'm encouraged. I'm looking back at my food logs, and although primal foods, there was too much. Higher cals plus exercise will be good in maintenance, but to lost this 15lbs I'm gonna have to cut. Not gonna do JUDDD. Those dd's are so depriving! I'm afraid I'll overdo the UDs out of reaction. Shooting for 1400 cals today ! I did my pump class today whew! That's a toughie!! All weights, but I'm dripping from sweat! Great all over workout!! I'll walk tomorrow as dd has a dr appt in the am, then pump again thurs, then walk Fri. that'll be 6 days of exercise this week I'll be fit!!