Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #91
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
This is a picture of us in the Narrows. The hike where you go up the Virgin River (what formed the beautiful canyon) and hike in and out of the water for miles. It's so beautiful!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg family 18.jpg (77.4 KB, 27 views)
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2012, 08:16 AM   #92
Big Yapper!!!!

This is by the Lower Emerald Pools trail in Zion. So beautiful!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg family 6.jpg (41.9 KB, 24 views)
Old 05-15-2012, 08:18 AM   #93
Big Yapper!!!!

This is dh and me by the beautiful waterfall on Mossy Cave Trail in Bryce Canyon. Being desert dwellers, we love any hike near water!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg matt and julie 2.jpg (38.7 KB, 27 views)
Old 05-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #94
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
OMG JULIE!! Gorgeous pictures!!!! looks like and sounds like you have a wonderful time!!! So jealous!!!..

Have a great week, and as I said before you got this!!!! 10 pounds is nuttin..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #95
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Deb. We had a blast!!

I'm already back down 6 of the new 10lbs. Whew!! 155.2, I can work with that! I'd like to get back to the 140's, and am staying LC and eating to satisfaction. The IE is much easier when you're in ketosis. I did Zumba and some weights last night then shopped at Sprouts on the way home. I wasn't even hungry. Had only had a bacon/cheese quiche around noon. I had a little bit of the chic/broc/cheese soup I'd made, and was quite happy with that. I had a Carbmaster yogurt later, and all is well.

I'm quite happy w. the exercise. I don't dread it, actually to the point now where I look forward to my time at the gym. I don't want to give that up for another hcg round. I ordered the pellets, but they'll keep. I will give LC and exercise more time, and see if I can whittle off a few more lbs. If I can, and build muscle while toning it all up, I'll be very happy!

Also, of note, I spoke w. our second mortgage lender today. They have offered us a settlement, and a loan modification. We are praying about the right choice, long term, for our family. It's nice to have options, and I know that God is providing for us. When our house purchase fell through we agreed staying where we are is a good plan. Paying off the second means we'd need to stay another 3 years to break even w/ that (vs. the loan mod) which is just fine w. me. We'll see. Excited to see the light at the end of this tunnel (3 years of negotiating!).

Had my coffee, and quiche today. Feel full, satisfied and happy. Have steak and cowboy burgers in the fridge, and leftover soup if I'm inclined. It's good to have yummy options!!
Old 05-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #96
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
You sound really good Julie!!! Congrats on getting the weight off so quickly!! You took action right away and it is paying off!!! YAY!!

Also glad you are enjoying the exercise.. That is my problem right now is finding what I like, and will do. Choices choices... ah well, hope you find the right solution for your home and mortgage needs, I am SURE you will!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #97
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
What a gorgeous place and it looks like you had an absolutely amazing time! Love the pic of you and your Dad, too. I didn't go through your entire journal but I will get caught up!
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #98
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Cheryl!! We did have an amazing time. It's a little hard adjusting to "normal" life after all that peaceful magnificance!

I've been reading a blog about metabolism and eating plans. Called 180 degree health. It's very interesting and chock full of info. I'm just getting the tip of the iceberg, with RRARF and RBTI. A lot of sense to feeding or even over-feeding the body to kick the metabolism in gear. Especially after my history of restrictive dieting (LC is considered restrictive b/c you're so low in sugar) and hcg! I am sure my metabolism is slower than normal. My body temps are still low, even now that I'm taking a T3 supplement. That's a lead indicator of low metabolic rate. Def. working on wrapping my head around it.

From my initial reading, it looks like you eat a LOT, rest a LOT, and relax. Theoretically, your metabolism kicks in to keep you from gaining too much weight by stepping up the burning etc. Once you're "reset" you can then add more aggressive exercise and drop cals a bit to lose the weight. The obvious downside is that you gain some weight through this process. I'm not sure I'm up for that just yet.

Still mulling it over. Sigh. I do love the idea of being free of restriction on my eating. I want to be normal!! I just don't see that happening any time soon. I'm happy where I am weight wise, even w. the additional 10lbs I *should* lose. But I like the freedom to workout and live life. LC isn't that hard, but I will have my occasional indulgences over the next few months (bday weekend, girls' bdays, anniversary) and would like to be "in window" throughout that.

Why doesn't exercise alone make you lose weight? I have never found that to be true, but many "experts" report it to be so. Maybe if my metabolism were higher the exercise would help me lose? Hmmm. More thoughts to ponder.

Well, off to clean a bit. TTFN!
Old 05-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #99
Big Yapper!

Julie, I never heard of that plan. Is it like the Leptin Reset thing? No clue what the initials stand for that you used. I had to laugh when I read, "You eat a LOT, rest a LOT and relax." That's how I got this way, woman! LMAO

I hope you share more with us as you learn about it. I know we are all sick to death of dieting and restricting and having certain foods that we aren't supposed to consume. I'm with you. I want to be free to live my life, and food and drink is such an integral part of life.

I have no idea about why exercise isn't enough to do the whole "calories in, calories out" the way the "experts" claim. If it worked, my poor sister would be a rail. I don't expend many calories. The most exercise I get is just working with the horses and doing the chores on my limited time at the farm, and whatever I needed to get me moved from over there to here.

TTFN? Tata for now?
Old 05-17-2012, 06:46 PM   #100
Big Yapper!

"Peaceful Magnificance." Oh man; that's the right way to describe those places you just experienced. I miss the grandure of the West.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:54 AM   #101
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Julie, I never heard of that plan. Is it like the Leptin Reset thing? No clue what the initials stand for that you used. I had to laugh when I read, "You eat a LOT, rest a LOT and relax." That's how I got this way, woman! LMAO
I hope you share more with us as you learn about it. I know we are all sick to death of dieting and restricting and having certain foods that we aren't supposed to consume. I'm with you. I want to be free to live my life, and food and drink is such an integral part of life.

I have no idea about why exercise isn't enough to do the whole "calories in, calories out" the way the "experts" claim. If it worked, my poor sister would be a rail. I don't expend many calories. The most exercise I get is just working with the horses and doing the chores on my limited time at the farm, and whatever I needed to get me moved from over there to here.

TTFN? Tata for now?
That's exactly what I thought!! There is some "initial" weight gain as we reset, but supposedly, once our bodies are "healed" we lose it again. I'm not sure . I've worked really hard to get down here (weight wise) and don't want to have to lose it all over again.

So, I'm taking a little encouragement from that to NOT stay super LC all my life. I'm LCing off and on, especially when I gain a bit, but I'm going to try and incorporate more healthy carbs long term. I have been successful w. more fruit, but the baked goods and starches still get me. I will be trying to experiment (hopefully in a more controlled fashion) soon.

I'm back down to 153.6 today, which is progress. I'm still 3lbs above where I *should* be, but I'm really sore too!! Did a good workout yesterday. I know there will be some retention from that - hopefully 5lbs worth !

Have a great weekend all!! TTFN -tata for now (Tigger's line )

Last edited by julieboolie; 05-18-2012 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: typos-can't stand bad grammar!
Old 05-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #102
Big Yapper!

You're doing great, Julie! I'm really impressed with your fitness and how active you are. Were you a couch potato when you were at your highest weight or were you still active? Is it just how you're built or did you get active when you lost the weight?

It's a glorious weekend in CT! I'm going to do absolutely nothing! Maybe read a little. Right now I have my favorite CD's on and all the windows open, sitting in my favorite chair in my favorite room, watching and listening to the birdies at the feeders on the front porch and keeping an eye out for the hummingbirds to come to the new feeder. Hope it doesn't take too long for them to notice it!

Have an awesome day!
Old 05-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/219.8/135 5'5"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 18th, 2012
I just found you and am so glad I did

I love to see success stories of people who have similar situations like me. I'm at 263.5 (I think, I need a new scale and am returning the one I have) down from my highest of 289, but I started at 276.6 a month ago.

I'm also a homeschooling SAHM. Not too many of us left in the world. LOL!

I have not been here long enough to have a sig but I do have a journal. It's the hottie housewife one.

Thanks so much for sharing your story!
JCWANNABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #104
Big Yapper!

Hi, JCW! There are actually quite a few SAHM who homeschool their kids but they are on the Atkins '72 thread (changes over each month) and on the rogue hcg thread (usually changes over on a weekly basis but things are very slow over on that thread these days.)

Nice to "meat" you! I'm on Atkins myself right now. How are things going for you so far?
Old 05-19-2012, 11:16 PM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks!

Well, I just finished my first month (this time on atkins) on atkins and lost 13.1 pounds. Not record breaking, but it's something!

I had lost over 100 pounds on atkins right before I met my now husband. Eight months later we got married. I got pregnant on my honeymoon and by the time my daughter was a year old I had gained it all back. My daughter is 6 now.

So seven years later I'm back at it! Like so many others, I don't know why I ever stopped. My hubby did not like how expensive eating lc could be and convinced me to quit lc. Big (yeah, pun intended mistake!

I'm glad I'm on low carb friends. I've gotten a lot of support that I am finding I really need! I have a journal. Its the hottie housewife one (lol! I know! )
Old 05-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #106
Big Yapper!

Wow! I'm sorry you gained it all back after doing so well at getting it off of you. Yes, Atkins can be more expensive but I think we need to shop smarter. Shop the sale ads and stock-up on things when they go on sale. I don't use coupons but I think I might start seeing what ones I can find. I don't print my own so that is a problem. And I don't get the newspaper so there's that, too. :/

I used to have a second freezer and it was GREAT for stocking up on good meat sales. But it croaked during this past winter and now I am learning to eat what I have stocked up already so there will be room for more good things! That will help keep my food bill down for a couple months, too.

I defrosted a pork tenderloin but I don't know if I should grill it or put it in the oven or crock pot or what! If they are cooked and seasoned right, they are scrumptious. If not, they are a waste of time. Guess I'll be googling tonight and seeing how to cook one up the right way.

Julie, hope you are having a great day! Blessings to all tonight. I am going to chill-out and get to know my new-to-me tv! Just got it today. Great deal, so long as it keeps on working.

Last edited by CherylB; 05-20-2012 at 04:07 PM..
Old 05-20-2012, 07:48 PM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

I think that Atkins is actually way cheaper when you consider the medical bills you get eating high carbs! Funny, but true!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #108
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
You're doing great, Julie! I'm really impressed with your fitness and how active you are. Were you a couch potato when you were at your highest weight or were you still active? Is it just how you're built or did you get active when you lost the weight?

It's a glorious weekend in CT! I'm going to do absolutely nothing! Maybe read a little. Right now I have my favorite CD's on and all the windows open, sitting in my favorite chair in my favorite room, watching and listening to the birdies at the feeders on the front porch and keeping an eye out for the hummingbirds to come to the new feeder. Hope it doesn't take too long for them to notice it!

Have an awesome day!
Thanks Cheryl!! I used to walk when I was heavier, but not too faithfully. I wasn't weak or sickly, but not active. Very self concious and not much confidence to try new "active" things b/c of my weight. Now that I'm a "normal" size I don't feel funny trying new things. I really love nature, especially mountains and water . If we can camp or hike near a river/creek/lake I'm happy . And I like being fit and active. It's better for me, and my family to find outdoors things we love to do, keeps us busy, fit and healthy. Also builds great memories for our dd's. Glad you are enjoying your good weather there in CT!! I need to refill my hummingbird feeders myself! Hope the weather holds there for you for a while. That summer humidity is on it's way. Will you be going to the lake w/ your family this year again? Hope so!! KUTGW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWANNABE View Post
I just found you and am so glad I did

I love to see success stories of people who have similar situations like me. I'm at 263.5 (I think, I need a new scale and am returning the one I have) down from my highest of 289, but I started at 276.6 a month ago.

I'm also a homeschooling SAHM. Not too many of us left in the world. LOL!

I have not been here long enough to have a sig but I do have a journal. It's the hottie housewife one.

Thanks so much for sharing your story!
Glad to have you here. I'll have to go check out your journal. It's hard re-losing the weight!! But you're doing great!! LCF has been great for me. Accountability, inspiration, comiseration, etc. . It's all good!! It's been quite a journey for me, but I'm happy for the ride. I have grown a great deal and am trying to balance life, family, God, eating and exercise!

Had a fun weekend. Our water heater went on Saturday. But, honestly, it couldn't have been a better time for it to go. Still under warranty (thank you Lord), we caught it half an hour after it started leaking, it didn't burst, and we (miraculously) didn't have 20 things planned for that day!! Dh and his friend were able to cut the pipes and take it out, drain it, and dh patched and painted the wall and area around it yesterday. The plumber comes today to bring the new one, install it, and then I can do dishes and laundry again!! It's all good!! God is good, even when things don't go as we've planned. It could always be worse!

Diet wise? I was mostly LC all weekend. Didn't lose any more weight (still WAY above where I should be) but didn't gain over the weekend either. So I guess thats' something.

My bday is Saturday. I will be having goodies . Probably more than 1 day too . But, alas, such is LIFE!! It's ok. We need to live. And live well .

I've got softball tonight, then I'll hit the gym tomorrow and probably Thursday. Planning 2 good gym workouts a week plus softball, for now. I'm also trying not to overdo it. Working (half heartedly) on the Leptin reset and RRARF principles. Although the RRARF promotes NO exercise and stuffing your face w/ carbs to "heal" your metabolism. I'm not quite there yet. Worked too hard to lose this weight only to regain it. Still mulling it over in my head. Sigh.

Happy Monday. Let's make it a great week!!
Old 05-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #109
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Thanks Cheryl!! I used to walk when I was heavier, but not too faithfully. I wasn't weak or sickly, but not active. Very self concious and not much confidence to try new "active" things b/c of my weight. Now that I'm a "normal" size I don't feel funny trying new things. I really love nature, especially mountains and water . If we can camp or hike near a river/creek/lake I'm happy . And I like being fit and active. It's better for me, and my family to find outdoors things we love to do, keeps us busy, fit and healthy. Also builds great memories for our dd's. Glad you are enjoying your good weather there in CT!! I need to refill my hummingbird feeders myself! Hope the weather holds there for you for a while. That summer humidity is on it's way. Will you be going to the lake w/ your family this year again? Hope so!! KUTGW!!

Glad to have you here. I'll have to go check out your journal. It's hard re-losing the weight!! But you're doing great!! LCF has been great for me. Accountability, inspiration, comiseration, etc. . It's all good!! It's been quite a journey for me, but I'm happy for the ride. I have grown a great deal and am trying to balance life, family, God, eating and exercise!

Had a fun weekend. Our water heater went on Saturday. But, honestly, it couldn't have been a better time for it to go. Still under warranty (thank you Lord), we caught it half an hour after it started leaking, it didn't burst, and we (miraculously) didn't have 20 things planned for that day!! Dh and his friend were able to cut the pipes and take it out, drain it, and dh patched and painted the wall and area around it yesterday. The plumber comes today to bring the new one, install it, and then I can do dishes and laundry again!! It's all good!! God is good, even when things don't go as we've planned. It could always be worse!

Diet wise? I was mostly LC all weekend. Didn't lose any more weight (still WAY above where I should be) but didn't gain over the weekend either. So I guess thats' something.

My bday is Saturday. I will be having goodies . Probably more than 1 day too . But, alas, such is LIFE!! It's ok. We need to live. And live well .

I've got softball tonight, then I'll hit the gym tomorrow and probably Thursday. Planning 2 good gym workouts a week plus softball, for now. I'm also trying not to overdo it. Working (half heartedly) on the Leptin reset and RRARF principles. Although the RRARF promotes NO exercise and stuffing your face w/ carbs to "heal" your metabolism. I'm not quite there yet. Worked too hard to lose this weight only to regain it. Still mulling it over in my head. Sigh.

Happy Monday. Let's make it a great week!!
Me too, Julie! Fresh water and mountains are my favorites as well. I like being at the ocean but I wouldn't choose a beach vacation over a mountain one. I could easily live in CO. I love being home near my family, though. I'm cherishing my time with them and loving CT for what it has to offer. Happiness isn't having what you want but wanting what you have.

That's so perfect that the water heater died now! I join you in thanking the Lord on that one! And that's wonderful that you caught it right away before any damage was done.

I'm encouraged to hear you say that your physical activity increased (dramatically) since getting to a normal weight. I think the same thing will happen with me. I think I'll just want to be out in nature more and I won't be huffing and puffing and sweating like I do now. But I need to work on conditioning my heart, lungs and muscles. Especially for riding! That can't wait so I need to start doing something three times a week, beginning this week.

In case I forget! We are having a picnic on Sunday so I might forget and you won't be around the forum then, anyway. May you have a wonderful birthday and enjoy your time with family and in nature.

I wish my family went to a lake each year but they are ocean people so we go to Rocky Neck State Park in Niantic, CT. It's a nice place to camp and it's on the water. The camp sites are farther inland on the property. You have to walk, bike or drive to the beach part.

Last summer when we were there, I ended up on the evening news! Apparently there had been some type of contaminant in the water that morning and it was an orange hazy color so they closed that beach. We were camping there so we hadn't heard about it and saw no signs. When sister and I were already up to our chests in the water, some guy crossed paths with us and told us about the water that morning and the beach closing. We weren't the only ones who hadn't heard cause the beach was full and lots of people were in the crystal-clear water.

So as we were coming back to shore, Donna noticed some guys with a large video camera which had to be a professional one. We started to wonder why they were filming so as we walked to our cabana (which was right behind where they were standing,) I asked them what they were filming for. The guy starts filming and powering up the mike! I had a boogie board in my hand and I was tempted to slowly raise it up to block my face. OMG. We never saw the footage by my Godmother actually did! How funny. I was the one asking the questions and instead he turned the tables on me. I about had a heart attack. Donna slinked away and left me there alone.

Anyway, this year the camping is going to be in late June because of my nephews' wedding on the 30th. We usually go mid-August. I am over tent camping. I have had Toyota motorhomes and slide-in truck campers and after that, and after coming SO CLOSE to buying a motorhome two years ago, tent camping just sucks.

No Hummers at my feeder yet. I have it hanging on a Shepard's hook close to the side of the house. It's in the sun most of the day so the red color has to stand out. I read that you should tie a red piece of yarn or something that will blow around in the breeze to catch their attention but I didn't do that. Should I? Should I put it farther away from the house? I just want to be able to see them from my favorite chair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWANNABE View Post
I think that Atkins is actually way cheaper when you consider the medical bills you get eating high carbs! Funny, but true!
TRUE! And when you consider the prices of things like Cereal and other junk foods, it can work out fine.

Down 1.6 today! Ticker is moving down the line. Equine care in the rain today. Third week in a row that it's rained on my barn days. I think I liked winter better. (No, not really. It rained a lot in the winter, too.)

Last edited by CherylB; 05-21-2012 at 09:34 AM..
Old 05-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #110
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Cheryl!! You're so sweet!! I'm all about mountains and rivers/creeks these days. Who knew? I move to the desert only to rediscover my love for water!!

at you news appearance last year. And love how your sister abandoned you!! Figures!! you're doing great, moving down the scale!! Hope you didn't get too soaked w. the horsies!!

A friend on a different thread posted a link to Dukan's website. There is a calculator you can use, by way of signing up for their "coaching" where they will review your height, weight, frame etc. and let you know how far you are from a healthy weight. At 155 today (still out of my window!!) Here's the results:
Your true weight
This is your True Weight - Congratulations!

If the information that you have given is correct, your true weight is 155 lbs, and you do not need any slimming coaching. Your weight is right for you.

How nice is that? Seeing something like that, in black and white, from a website that makes $ from getting you to lose more weight? Greatly encouraged!! Just the endorsement I was looking for!!

I am large framed, and do work out, but I am still padded. I think that will likely always be the case. I go back and forth between being "done" and still wanting more (or actually less ). I can't decide if it's just not being content w/ my body, or if I really truly do need to lose more weight and am just being lazy? I've been working on this for 10 years, with a good level of success. But, when will I truly be "done". Need to work these things out.

So, with that new confirmation in mind, I am NOT going to do another hcg round. I am not "up" for it really. I am not convinced it'll actually help me in the long run either. (I know, not buying into the metabolic reset and fat pulling of Simeon is almost sacrilidge, but I don't actually believe it!). I'm going to LC and CD my way back to "window" and still enjoy myself along the way. I'm going to keep up the Softball, gym (HIIT and weights) and generally active life (hike, bike, walk etc) and rest for a while. All this thinking, researching, trying, dieting, maintaining, etc is work!! I'm tired of it!! I also know I can't throw in the towel or I'll regain all I've lost. I'll be vigilant, but in a more relaxed way . Follow? I know, I'm crazy!!

But, mentally I feel better making this decision. I'm good. I'm "normal, healthy and at my ideal weight". So I'm not perfect, cellulite free and hard as a rock. Did I really expect to be so having lost 125lbs? I'm working out, and lifting weights. I'm eating mostly LC (planned indulgence this weekend!!) but will stay this course for a while.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:47 AM   #111
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm down 2lbs to 153 even today. Better than it's been in 2 weeks . I had a modified burger day yesterday. Came in at 115g fat, 113g protein, and 21.2g carbs. 1644 cals! I'm quite happy w. that. I plan to keep it clean LC the next few days, then Fri-Mon I'll eat what I feel like . I am going to keep the mindset that if I want it, have it. But hope that keeps the gorging at bay. When I've felt like I was "cheating" in the past, I've really gone overboard. Hopefully, this weekend, b/c everything is ok, I'll only eat to hunger. We'll see.

But, there's always next week to correct. And I know I will
Old 05-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #112
Big Yapper!

Julie, you have come so amazingly far. I'm glad to hear that you are going to do LC and CD's when needed. Yes, it's true that if you just say "I'm there" you will likely regain some lbs. But to live in a continual state of dieting is not good at all. I hope that when I reach 140 or a few lbs under that, I will feel "home"!

Enjoy your birthday weekend and remember. It's not cheating, it is living! And life has its times for feasting and its times for famine. "For everything there is a season." I know you know this in your heart as well as your head.

No gorging necessary! You are free to live your life. Nothing is off-limits to you unless you decide it's not right for one for that particular day. I heard it said that a way of eating isn't a sacrifice if it is a choice. I love that.

Goodnight, dear, sweet Julie! Pleasant dreams
Old 05-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #113
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/127 5'2"
WOE: moderation
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
Beautiful pics Julie ! Where exactly are those places ? We would like to take a serene vacation and that looks great
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #114
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Julie, you have come so amazingly far. I'm glad to hear that you are going to do LC and CD's when needed. Yes, it's true that if you just say "I'm there" you will likely regain some lbs. But to live in a continual state of dieting is not good at all. I hope that when I reach 140 or a few lbs under that, I will feel "home"!

Enjoy your birthday weekend and remember. It's not cheating, it is living! And life has its times for feasting and its times for famine. "For everything there is a season." I know you know this in your heart as well as your head.

No gorging necessary! You are free to live your life. Nothing is off-limits to you unless you decide it's not right for one for that particular day. I heard it said that a way of eating isn't a sacrifice if it is a choice. I love that.

Goodnight, dear, sweet Julie! Pleasant dreams
Thanks sweetie!! Hope you slept well too! I like that bolded part above. I'm looking through a book on IE (intuitive eating) and learning how to change my realtionship w. food. I've been "dieting" or "careful" for so long, eating to hunger, and freely is new to me. Choice is important, but listening to my body when it's both hungry and FULL is challenging. I'm working on it . I want to be free from all of it. We'll see if I can do that without gaining a lot of weight!! Hope so!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Beautiful pics Julie ! Where exactly are those places ? We would like to take a serene vacation and that looks great
Thanks Laura-that was our recent vacation in Utah. We spent 3 days in Zion National park, a day in Bryce Canyon and a day in Arches National Park. All in Southern Utah. We traded our timeshare for a resort in Brian Head. It's so beautiful out there. I recommend it!! I also loved CO. We really liked Mt Evans and Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park where we were last Fall. Here's a pic from that! We're big fans of water and mountains
Attached Images
File Type: jpg adams falls.jpg (89.4 KB, 12 views)
Old 05-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #115
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/127 5'2"
WOE: moderation
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
ok thanks, will have to show DH your pics ! So pretty
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #116
Big Yapper!!!!

I am still really SORE from Tues.' workout. Not sure what I did, (elliptical for HIIT and dead lifts maybe?) but man it worked! I can feel my legs are tighter and more lean. Crazy!! Hope the soreness goes soon. Planning to workout again tomorrow .

Scale is up today but it's either water retention or the SF ice cream I had. Cals and %'s were fine, but you know how that goes. I'm not having any more today and will take a rest day from exercise. I was dearly hoping to be closer to LDW before my weekend indulging, but it'll be what it'll be. I'll CD it back off next week.

I won't tempt you w. my plans for this weekend, but suffice it to say, I have many "free" meal coupons, Mimi's, Famous Dave's, The Keg, that I will be using !! Not only do I love to eat, celebrate and have fun with family and friends, but I love getting a deal to boot!! Bonus!!

So, I'm planning to do many induction and P3 CD's next week. But I'm good with that!!
Old 05-24-2012, 09:09 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Quote:
I am still really SORE from Tues.' workout. Not sure what I did, (elliptical for HIIT and dead lifts maybe?) but man it worked! I can feel my legs are tighter and more lean. Crazy!! Hope the soreness goes soon. Planning to workout again tomorrow .

Scale is up today but it's either water retention or the SF ice cream I had. Cals and %'s were fine, but you know how that goes. I'm not having any more today and will take a rest day from exercise. I was dearly hoping to be closer to LDW before my weekend indulging, but it'll be what it'll be. I'll CD it back off next week.

I won't tempt you w. my plans for this weekend, but suffice it to say, I have many "free" meal coupons, Mimi's, Famous Dave's, The Keg, that I will be using !! Not only do I love to eat, celebrate and have fun with family and friends, but I love getting a deal to boot!! Bonus!!

So, I'm planning to do many induction and P3 CD's next week. But I'm good with that!!
Good thing I was having my lunch while reading this post of your weekend plans. Enjoy your family and friends this weekend!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #118
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Thanks sweetie!! Hope you slept well too! I like that bolded part above. I'm looking through a book on IE (intuitive eating) and learning how to change my realtionship w. food. I've been "dieting" or "careful" for so long, eating to hunger, and freely is new to me. Choice is important, but listening to my body when it's both hungry and FULL is challenging. I'm working on it . I want to be free from all of it. We'll see if I can do that without gaining a lot of weight!! Hope so!!

Thanks Laura-that was our recent vacation in Utah. We spent 3 days in Zion National park, a day in Bryce Canyon and a day in Arches National Park. All in Southern Utah. We traded our timeshare for a resort in Brian Head. It's so beautiful out there. I recommend it!! I also loved CO. We really liked Mt Evans and Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park where we were last Fall. Here's a pic from that! We're big fans of water and mountains
Am I missing something? I don't see the "pic from that." I've been on Mt Evans, too! Back in 1990 when I was in Denver for tech school in the air national guard. We went on many, many excursions in my off-time. We even drove an old mountain pass that was once a train passage. I have video that I was taking while sticking out the hatch of our trucks' slide-in camper! Going through tunnels and capturing the Aspen and all the lakes below (it was end of September/beginning of October.) OMG! So beautiful.

Quote:

Are all those "free meal deals" for your birthday? Hot damn! I think Applebee's gives a free b-day meal but I forget. Maybe it's for Veteran's day or some other thing. I need to look into this stuff!

Have a wonderful, guilt-free weekend and live-it-up! And !!!

Last edited by CherylB; 05-24-2012 at 10:30 AM..
Old 05-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #119
Big Yapper!

Never mind! I see the attachment now. It didn't carry over when I multi-quoted.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:26 PM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Have fun on your b day tomorrow! Have some forbidden yummies for me!