Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 06:40 AM   #1111
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MemoryKeeper
Stats: 233.5/153.5/133
WOE: Currently: JUDDDkins
Start Date: 10/18/2011
You're welcome Cheryl. I know you can do this. It is mind over matter. One thing I failed to mention is that I've added JUDDD into the mix recently, and it helps me reign it back in when I go over.

Here's what I've done the last week:

Correction Day
Down Day (about 450 calories)
Correction Day
Down Day (about 450 calories)
ETC.

This alternating has helped me to really drop some pounds pretty quickly. Just a thought as you mull over your situation. HUGS!
MemoryKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2013, 10:35 AM   #1112
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Thank you.

Have a great day, ladies.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:01 PM   #1113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Hey ladies! So sorry I went missing! I've been in CA for the past week-hot and humid in palm desert overate and am stuck in the 160's. sigh. I reall am glad things are a bit quieter for us, but dh's borer and his family (6 total) arrive tues for a week. So, I'll be busy cleaning and caring for the crowd. Pulled a muscle in my back last week, so no gym for a bit.
So, that is my quick update, hope you're all doing well!
Hi Julie,
Hope you're having a great time with your company & the pulled muscle is gone! I have done something to my chest/ribs muscle too. Taking homeopathic Arnica for it now, after suffering it for over a week. Its starting to respond, after only 2 days. Wish I could remember these things!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #1114
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hey ladies!! Good to see you all!! And you're right, totally love seeing you sharing w. one another here . No worries!! And thanks for your kind words! , I love you guys!

I had a whirlwind week last week. Dh's older brother, his wife and their 4 kids (ages 20-12) all came and stayed w. us. It was lots of fun, but lots of cooking/cleaning/coordinating . I ran all week! We went up to beautiful Sedona on Sat. and had a fun-ish time. DD(13) can't hike, but managed to hobble down to the creek at Slide Rock (about 3/4 of a mile in rocky terrain) only to find our cousins didn't make it into the park (they hit capacity and close the gate). She was miserable after hiking all that way and them not being there. So we huffed it back to the car (I actually slid down the creek. The rest of them skipped it). and dh took us off-roading a bit. Dd can do that much . We finally met up w. them later in the day after they endured a 4 hour hike in the heat - leaving their crew miserable . We headed home, visited In-n-Out burger and Rita's water ice for a final hurrah on the way, and they left early Sun. morning for a 29 hour drive home .

Started back to homeschooling the girls this week too, so that's been a big time commitment. Always tricky in the beginning as we're getting back into the routine and starting new curriculum. Love it though!!

I also am back at the gym. Twice this week (so far) I've done zumba -killer! and a little bit of weights. My back was feeling better, but after yesterday's class I am a bit more sore again. I am not a fan of taking it slow and easy, but may need to concede this one if the ibuprofen doesn't do the trick. Supposed to do a combat class tomorrow (like aerobic kick boxing I think). We'll see how I feel!

Scale is being mean but I expected some of that. Exercise coming off of vacation isn't going to drop lbs. But, I want to feel good and not be a slave to the scale. That said, GYCD today . I love GY!! Hope to be back in the 150's next week and then plan to slowly work back down to 148-152 range for life. Thta's my plan.

Good to "see" you all!! Thanks for the support and encouragement!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #1115
Big Yapper!

Wow. That sucks about all that hiking only to turn back around and "huff it" back up to the car. At least you got to slide down the rock! I hope I can do that if I ever make it out that way again. I've been there and it looks so fun. Glad you had a great time with your family.

WTG on the exercise and getting back into "teacher mode." So much on your plate! Hang in there with the CD's. I hope you can soon be back in a more comfortable decade.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #1116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Julie!
So glad you popped in to give us an update. What a busy girl you are!
Old 08-15-2013, 08:46 AM   #1117
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Wow. That sucks about all that hiking only to turn back around and "huff it" back up to the car. At least you got to slide down the rock! I hope I can do that if I ever make it out that way again. I've been there and it looks so fun. Glad you had a great time with your family.

WTG on the exercise and getting back into "teacher mode." So much on your plate! Hang in there with the CD's. I hope you can soon be back in a more comfortable decade.
Thanks, we booked a long weekend in Sedona for after thanksgiving, hope dd can hike by then and it'll be cooler too! We go to the surgeon today for our follow up. I'm hoping she's healing well and ready to start PT. we'll see. God has a plan in all of this.

I've been really faithful at the gym, which is a start. 3+ days of Zumba or intense cardio class. unfortunately I've been overeating with it, I'm so hungry and feel unsatisfied. I need to get in control. I may try JUDDD or something like that, LC wasn't working for me.

I go home for a visit in 3 weeks and am ashamed that I'm so high on the scale. All my clothes are tight and I should do an Hcg round, but don't want to lose the exercise momentum. What do you guys think? I'd love advice! Thanks!
Old 08-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #1118
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/118.4/118 5'3.75"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Julile--so nice to see you posting again! Hope DD's appointment goes well. We had Amy's appointment yesterday. She goes every 3 months for her diabetes. She is doing really, really well. The doc said her A1c is so well that she cannot make any recommendations! WooHoo!! That included our trip to Japan and her first TOM. She has had blood sugar numbers so high, that we had not seem them before! Anyway, just letting you know that I am where you are now. I am not happy with my weight at all. Just before leaving for vacation I had to buy larger clothes. Nothing in my closet fit me. So I had to buy not just 1 size larger, but 2 sizes. I am horrified. I am doing another hcg round starting this weekend. I was supposed to start last week when we got back from Japan, but I am so sick from the plane ride home. I would not have lost any weight from trying to fight off these sick germs. Anyhow, I am so spoiled by hcg that I don't even try any other way to lose. So, just for my own personal satisfaction I say you start some hcg with me this weekend. I would love a buddy!!!!
Old 08-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #1119
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Welcome home, Julie! (And hi, Dawn! Glad the Japan trip was good!)

There must be something in the air...

My weight has been up all summer, and I just canNOT seem to get going about getting it back to my happy place. If you guys come up with any brilliant ideas, clue me in!!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #1120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Julie!
So good to see you back. Hope DD is healing up & can move onto PT. Its got to be so frustrating for her, waiting.

Good for you getting your exercise. That's doing good things for your body, even if you aren't doing well on your diet. When you're ready to lose again, you'll have the strength AND the muscle to burn more calories.

I've been building up the strength to bicycle. It made me sore, & discouraged because when you're sore, the scale goes up. But eventually, I'll be stronger & not sore when I ride.

Bless you!
Debby
Old 08-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #1121
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hi Julie!
So good to see you back. Hope DD is healing up & can move onto PT. Its got to be so frustrating for her, waiting.

Good for you getting your exercise. That's doing good things for your body, even if you aren't doing well on your diet. When you're ready to lose again, you'll have the strength AND the muscle to burn more calories.

I've been building up the strength to bicycle. It made me sore, & discouraged because when you're sore, the scale goes up. But eventually, I'll be stronger & not sore when I ride.

Bless you!
Debby
Thank you sweet friend!! I appreciate the encouragment!! I so wish I had reigned myself back in 10lbs ago! So much easier to not re-lose again and again!! Good for you on the bike! I love to ride and once it's cooler here we'll get back out there. How's the puppy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Julile--so nice to see you posting again! Hope DD's appointment goes well. We had Amy's appointment yesterday. She goes every 3 months for her diabetes. She is doing really, really well. The doc said her A1c is so well that she cannot make any recommendations! WooHoo!! That included our trip to Japan and her first TOM. She has had blood sugar numbers so high, that we had not seem them before! Anyway, just letting you know that I am where you are now. I am not happy with my weight at all. Just before leaving for vacation I had to buy larger clothes. Nothing in my closet fit me. So I had to buy not just 1 size larger, but 2 sizes. I am horrified. I am doing another hcg round starting this weekend. I was supposed to start last week when we got back from Japan, but I am so sick from the plane ride home. I would not have lost any weight from trying to fight off these sick germs. Anyhow, I am so spoiled by hcg that I don't even try any other way to lose. So, just for my own personal satisfaction I say you start some hcg with me this weekend. I would love a buddy!!!!
Horrified is a good word My "fat jeans" are tight today . It doesn't take much, a few weeks and whammo-back up 15lbs!! I'm going to start taking hhcg, but not gonna stick to strict protocol. I will really appreciate the hunger abatement . I'll certainly drop the cals lower, but will be working out 3-4 times a week pretty intensly so I expect I'll need more cals. Glad you're back on plan. And glad your dd is doing so well!! I remember those tests (my dad was a juve too). She's doing great!! WTG!! My dd got released from her crutches today so we're happy too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Welcome home, Julie! (And hi, Dawn! Glad the Japan trip was good!)

There must be something in the air...

My weight has been up all summer, and I just canNOT seem to get going about getting it back to my happy place. If you guys come up with any brilliant ideas, clue me in!!
I do seem to lose better in the Fall for some reason. Maybe it's the bathing suits and stretchy shorts that don't hold me accountable enough, or the vacation mentality? But I'm up 15lbs from where I was in early May. Sigh!! I am hoping the exercise and higher cals will eventually make losing some lbs easier? Once I drop my calories that is . Hang in there!!

Cheryl!!

Sorry I'm still not back to posting more on the regular threads. I hope all is going well in the LCF world. I'm trying to spend more time actually participating in the girls schooling and about 1.25 hours at the gym each morning. That eats into my hang out time . I'm gonna' try dosing w. the hcg and see if I can curb my appetite enough to stick to lower cals. I'm so darned hungry when I work out and seem to feel justified eating more b/c of the exercise!! So dumb!!

My main challenge is that I leave in 3 weeks (from today) for a long weekend back home in PA w. my besties!! My friend is getting married and I'll be seeing lots of people I haven't seen in 5 years or longer. I would so love to be looking my best! At this point, I'll settle for fit and healthy and back in the 150's!

Hope you are all fighting the good fight!!
Old 08-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #1122
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm worked out 3 times this past 2 weeks, Zumba twice and a class called body attack! They're not kidding. It's a sweaty mess when we're done! Plan to add 2 more classes next week and try for 5/week. I'm trying to drop my calories as often as I can. I can't seem to maintain that for too long. Maybe a less dramatic JUDDD type of plan? Higher cals on the weekends and lighter m-f? We'll see. Stuck in the 160's is a place I've found myself before. I don't want my body to get used to it here. Hoping to get the scale back to the 150's in the next 3 weeks.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #1123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/128-130/128
WOE: hHCG, Currently Maintenance 5:2
Start Date: January 2012
Hi Julie ! Glad to see your posts I'll fill you in on my Maintenance. Well the 5:2 plan was a bust after 3 months of 2 500 calorie days of misery the fluctuations had me bonkers. For me that is too much stress to see the scale climb up every day and then stress over if it will go down enough on DD. Also I had no energy on DD and was feeling lethargic and grouchy & very irritable at home. Not fair at all to my hubby & son. So I'm still eating in my 16:8 window but went back to hcg maintenance. I'm entering my foods in a food app but not lc. I think I'm more moderate carb I guess. I enjoy too much my fruits and fiber crackers and veggies & I'm tired of feeling deprived.

I also ditched my last rounds vanity ldw of 122 and trying to stay at 122-125. Not realistic and too much to do about nothing really. I kept having to add another DD or some other CD to then go back up. I finally accepted my body wants to be at 127-128-129 and it's ok. I have GY CD for in case of too much of a fluctuation but trying to even get away from doing those if at all possible I'm beginning to wonder if it's just normal fluctuations always doing a CD can't be all that great to overall stabilization

Even on the 5:2 I would get down and then start to creep up until I fixed it. So the last 2 weeks just been tracking my calories & exercising every day (30 min at home) and I feel pretty good. Learning to accept my fluctuations and my body's preferred weight and just trying to be healthy and eat right.

I've gotten over my phobia of exercise & I feel so much happier when I do something. So I'm just going to keep counting calories, exercise & that's it !!

I'm glad I found your journal !!

Hi Dawn !! I loved your pictures & good luck on your round
pandora174 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #1124
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora174 View Post
Hi Julie ! Glad to see your posts I'll fill you in on my Maintenance. Well the 5:2 plan was a bust after 3 months of 2 500 calorie days of misery the fluctuations had me bonkers. For me that is too much stress to see the scale climb up every day and then stress over if it will go down enough on DD. Also I had no energy on DD and was feeling lethargic and grouchy & very irritable at home. Not fair at all to my hubby & son. So I'm still eating in my 16:8 window but went back to hcg maintenance. I'm entering my foods in a food app but not lc. I think I'm more moderate carb I guess. I enjoy too much my fruits and fiber crackers and veggies & I'm tired of feeling deprived.

I also ditched my last rounds vanity ldw of 122 and trying to stay at 122-125. Not realistic and too much to do about nothing really. I kept having to add another DD or some other CD to then go back up. I finally accepted my body wants to be at 127-128-129 and it's ok. I have GY CD for in case of too much of a fluctuation but trying to even get away from doing those if at all possible I'm beginning to wonder if it's just normal fluctuations always doing a CD can't be all that great to overall stabilization

Even on the 5:2 I would get down and then start to creep up until I fixed it. So the last 2 weeks just been tracking my calories & exercising every day (30 min at home) and I feel pretty good. Learning to accept my fluctuations and my body's preferred weight and just trying to be healthy and eat right.

I've gotten over my phobia of exercise & I feel so much happier when I do something. So I'm just going to keep counting calories, exercise & that's it !!

I'm glad I found your journal !!

Hi Dawn !! I loved your pictures & good luck on your round
Pandora!! Thanks for stopping in. So glad to hear you're doing so well! WTG!!! You're very wise to adjust your maintenance range a bit and I'm so happy you're sticking the 120's!! So impressive!! I appreciate your input on the 5:2 plan, good to know. And glad you've successfully added the exercise. I'm focusing on that myself and will hopefully shed some lbs soon. So glad to see you and hope you come by often .

I need to find the right balance for energy and nutrition w.o. overdoing the calories. I'm overdoing it so far, but trying to keep my calories in the 1500 range now. I'm hoping that'll be enough (w the 3-5 days at the gym) to get me back in the 150'w. I really prefer the low 150's and high 140's, but am not sure it'll be something I can maintain w.o. heroic measures. I do think all the added skin I'm carrying weighs something significant. We'll see. Taking it slow and steady for now. HHcg was good for quick losses and to show me what's possible, but I'm not going back for another round. I want to be able to maintain this time around and haven't managed that w. hcg yet.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:25 PM   #1125
Blabbermouth!!!

Julie, I applaud you for being willing to take the time to experiment a little to find that healthy balance between activity and diet. I think it's an art to find that fine line, the one that works for YOUR body. Lord knows I've never found it yet... But the only way to do it is to take the time and the focus to try different things.

I can't help but think that the downside of hcg is that the speed of it spoils us and makes us impatient. The fast weight loss makes normal eating and weight control seem painfully slow. Anyway, I will be cheering you on as you find your way!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 08-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #1126
Big Yapper!!!!

Jessica-thank you so much!! That was just what I needed to read today!! I do get impatient with trying to lose the "regular" way. Hcg had ruined me for 1 lb a week losses!! I am still trying to find the right balance in my new way of eating. The high fat of LC and post-hcg P3 eating doesn't line up well w. the higher carbs I want to incorporate for both my thyroid and work outs. I don't want to go back to the low fat world, so I'm looking for ways to balance it all out. I actually enjoy the workouts and can almost see improvement in my muscle tone. I'm gonna' stick to it and hope the increased appetite goes down and my will power improves.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #1127
Big Yapper!

Julie! I'm sorry I was MIA for so long. I just read all the posts since my last post here and so I am caught up. Yahoo! You're daughter is off her crutches! Yippee! Three more weeks until your trip back home! How long will you be there? Holy smokes!! That's a lot of working out you're doing. That is AWESOME, BTW.

I've been watching a couple seasons of the Biggest Loser on Amazon. I purchased a few seasons but I see there are full episodes on a website that is famous for videos. Oops! I have never tried to lose weight their way and I think it might be time I just give it a go.

When you say "drop your calories", how far down do you go? You might be going too low and your metabolism may be resisting letting go of the fat with your intense workouts. Just a thought. Don't want to see you "chasing your tail."

I don't even want to talk about regains. I am the queen of all of you, and I don't hold that title with any pride whatsoever. I am so close to where I began this journey almost exactly 4 years ago. It's a shameful thing. Such a waste! But it makes me wonder if the "quick fix" diets are the way to go. The faster it comes off, the faster it comes back on. Maybe I am just going about this the wrong way. That's why I'm thinking of trying the Biggest Loser way.

I have the gym membership, not to mention the equipment I have right here at home. I have nothing but excuses. I have plenty of "me time" and just need to stop spending so much time in the pursuit of sleep. Get up and get moving! Sleep will come more easily if I exhaust myself each day through rigorous exercise.

Julie, in the big picture, you are still much closer to your goal than you are to where you started. Make sure that you don't lose any more ground. MAKE SURE THAT YOU DON'T LOSE ANY MORE GROUND, and you'll be just fine.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:11 AM   #1128
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Good Luck Julie!!! I know how difficult this is.. holy cow my appetite is crazy too... lots of exercise, and that is probably why. Low fat? UGH! I sure hope you find a good balance, then you can tell me how you did it!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #1129
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Julie! I'm sorry I was MIA for so long. I just read all the posts since my last post here and so I am caught up. Yahoo! You're daughter is off her crutches! Yippee! Three more weeks until your trip back home! How long will you be there? Holy smokes!! That's a lot of working out you're doing. That is AWESOME, BTW.

I've been watching a couple seasons of the Biggest Loser on Amazon. I purchased a few seasons but I see there are full episodes on a website that is famous for videos. Oops! I have never tried to lose weight their way and I think it might be time I just give it a go.

When you say "drop your calories", how far down do you go? You might be going too low and your metabolism may be resisting letting go of the fat with your intense workouts. Just a thought. Don't want to see you "chasing your tail."

I don't even want to talk about regains. I am the queen of all of you, and I don't hold that title with any pride whatsoever. I am so close to where I began this journey almost exactly 4 years ago. It's a shameful thing. Such a waste! But it makes me wonder if the "quick fix" diets are the way to go. The faster it comes off, the faster it comes back on. Maybe I am just going about this the wrong way. That's why I'm thinking of trying the Biggest Loser way.

I have the gym membership, not to mention the equipment I have right here at home. I have nothing but excuses. I have plenty of "me time" and just need to stop spending so much time in the pursuit of sleep. Get up and get moving! Sleep will come more easily if I exhaust myself each day through rigorous exercise.

Julie, in the big picture, you are still much closer to your goal than you are to where you started. Make sure that you don't lose any more ground. MAKE SURE THAT YOU DON'T LOSE ANY MORE GROUND, and you'll be just fine.
I've never really considered the biggest loser approach. They've gotten so commercial w/ their subway ads and all. But, the general rule of exercise more and eat less should eventually work. But, like you said, I don't want to chase my tail, by eating too little. I'll figure it out and do not want the quick loss regain cycle to continue. I'm steady around 165 which isn't awful, but still way hier than I was a few months ago. Like you have earned, it comes back on so easily! For you, exercise would be more fun w/ a friend. My neighbor goes to the classes with me, which holds me accountable. Can you find w gym buddy? If you're already paying for it, you should go. You really enjoyed the swimming there for a while. Keep fighting the fight Cheryl!

Deb-yep the exercise is fueling my appetite. I'm doing a GYCD today then tomorrow ill work on lowering my fat a bit (heavy weight cream in my coffee isn't gonna work w/ higher carbs) and track in a journal my calories. I'd like to think the higher cals plus the exercise is helping my metabolism

I did body combat today. It was hard! Kickboxing type of class. Fun, but hard. I'll do that on Mondays. Zumba tues and Wed (that's looking easy now) then body pump - group weight training class thurs and then body attack Fri. That class is really aerobic, but not as scary anymore. I'd like the 8:30 class m-f to become my regular weekday routine. The weekends are off, and we can hike, walk or bike once it's cooler. I also eat more on the weekends.

I'm trying to relax my hopes of being lower on the scale by my PA trip. I'll be there for a long weekend (thurs-Mon) but was hoping to look skinny and fabulous. I'll be more fit, which at this point I'll take . By Christmas, if I can keep up the workouts, I should be back down to the low 150's. I know w/ 3 weeks of Hcg I could get there too, but the exercise is going to suffer if I do that. Plus, the maintenance part would still be a challenge if I get back down. Gonna give up the quick loss idea and get in shape instead!

Have a great monday ladies!
Old 08-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #1130
Major LCF Poster!

I think that's a good plan Julie. With all the exercise your doing you should be burning up a ton of calories. I think if you keep an eye on calories you should be able to get back to where you want to be and in shape !

I'm maintaining and tom is here so yuck but just eating healthy, keeping an eye on calories and exercising everyday 30 min on my bike and working up to 45 min. This is the first Monday in forever that I haven't done a CD or some sort. Today higher than I like but it's tom so I know in a few days it'll go back down.

HCG definitely spoils us but I don't know what's scarier the 21 days of vlcd or P3/P4 and introducing foods all over again
Old 08-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #1131
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie
For you, exercise would be more fun w/ a friend. My neighbor goes to the classes with me, which holds me accountable. Can you find w gym buddy? If you're already paying for it, you should go. You really enjoyed the swimming there for a while. Keep fighting the fight Cheryl!
Some people are that way, where a partner makes it easier to go but I'm the exact opposite. I like my independence, autonomy, non-reliance on anyone else. I don't want to talk while I'm working out, I just want to find that place inside me and go there. That's what I will be doing very soon.

You are kicking your own @$$ with those workouts, Julie! Talk about burning some calories and toning up all over! You're going to look and feel amazing after a while. I know you are disappointed about your PA trip but please try not to let it undermine how you feel about yourself and how far you've come. That will only lead to those thoughts and feelings bringing you down (or rather "up") even further.

Have a pleasant and satisfying evening. I'm pooped! Was a long day at the farm.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #1132
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I think that's a good plan Julie. With all the exercise your doing you should be burning up a ton of calories. I think if you keep an eye on calories you should be able to get back to where you want to be and in shape !

I'm maintaining and tom is here so yuck but just eating healthy, keeping an eye on calories and exercising everyday 30 min on my bike and working up to 45 min. This is the first Monday in forever that I haven't done a CD or some sort. Today higher than I like but it's tom so I know in a few days it'll go back down.

HCG definitely spoils us but I don't know what's scarier the 21 days of vlcd or P3/P4 and introducing foods all over again
I'm trying to keep myself under control . You're doing great!! I admire your focus and consistency! I've been travelling and over-indulging too much this summer. I'm sad to be back up to the 160's but can't say I haven't earned it. I don't believe the "reset" of Simeons. If we were all reset we'd have a much easier time maintaining the losses I think. I'm only hoping that I haven't damaged my metabolism further by running back to the VLCDs every time I have a gain. I'm hoping that the exercise and watching my calories better (read that tracking again) will help.

Quote:
Some people are that way, where a partner makes it easier to go but I'm the exact opposite. I like my independence, autonomy, non-reliance on anyone else. I don't want to talk while I'm working out, I just want to find that place inside me and go there. That's what I will be doing very soon.

You are kicking your own @$$ with those workouts, Julie! Talk about burning some calories and toning up all over! You're going to look and feel amazing after a while. I know you are disappointed about your PA trip but please try not to let it undermine how you feel about yourself and how far you've come. That will only lead to those thoughts and feelings bringing you down (or rather "up") even further.

Have a pleasant and satisfying evening. I'm pooped! Was a long day at the farm.
Hope you slept well my friend. I appreciate your counsel, as always. I also don't want my new commitment to exercise to get derailed b.c. of this trip or my incessant desire to drop the # on the scale . I need to accept that the quick fixes aren't lasting enough for me. I am in this for the long haul. I'm finally ready to put more work into the exercise portion of my body makeover. I've suspected I'd need exercise for the final leg anyway, so now is as good a time as any. I go to the gym much better w. classes and my friend there to commiserate with . I'm glad you're planning to get back into it. When I do weight training I prefer to zone out and do it alone, so I kind of get your way. Whatever works and you'll stick with is the best choice!

I'm trying to drink more water today when I'm hungry. I'll eat the meal I've planned, then when I feel like eating more, I drink for a bit and see how I feel. It's helping so far. One day at a time with my eating now. I'm so confused with my long term LCing that I'm having a hard time lowering my fat to compensate for increasing my carbs . I'm a work in progress .

I had my coffee as usual this morning, with half-n-half instead of HWC. I had a bowl of cereal and skim milk this morning after my rumba workout. I had ham and swiss cheese rollups with mustard for lunch and a nectarine. That's it so far today. Not sure what dinner will be. Haven't gotten that far, but I need to hit the store, so I hope I'll make a good healthy choice .

My GYCD yesterday dropped me back to 164.4 where I was before my weekend indulging. I'm hoping that my body is used to the higher carbs and won't balk if I keep my carbs higher. All the trainers I talk to suggest 50% of your cals come from healthy carbs, which is so tough to wrap my head around. I know that keeping fats high while trying the raise my carbs will be disastrous, so I'm trying to retrain my diet. It's proving to be really challenging. I'm not overdoing it on sugars, but am considering bread for sandwiches, real and sweet potatoes, brown rice etc. Not sure I will do well on it, but maybe it'll be a good choice for both the exercise and the hypothyroid (which responds well to higher carbs)? This is my new approach. Hope it works well .
Old 08-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #1133
Blabbermouth!!!

Julie, we ALL know that firm and fit and higher on the scale looks FAR sexier than "thin and flabby," which is how I ended my hcg rounds. So you will look FABULOUS for the PA reunion, and that's exactly how we want to look at a reunion.

Hcg seems to be the only way that I can lose, so I feel like I'm going to have to use it to get back to my comfort zone. One round will do it--I regained about 12-14ish pounds, much like you. I absolutely do NOT believe there's any "reset" with hcg. I wish it were true, but in fact, the opposite is probably the case. So once I get back there, I will be joining you in finding some way to eat so that I can become physically active again and yet not stay on the lose/regain hamster wheel! Why does it have to be so HARD?
Old 08-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #1134
Major LCF Poster!

Julie, I agree about the re-set because if that were the case then I could eat "normally" and not gain or not have to count calories. The fact remains for me to maintain I need to keep track of calories..end of story...

I have added back more healthy carbs. I net under 50. Some days 20 something and others 40 something. I have berries, occasional mangoes, apples, melon. I also have a daily lc bread alteranative. I love the Joseph's lavash bread (flax, oat bran & wheat). I also have my veggies and salad with full fat dressing but I can maintain not because anything was reset but because I count calories and I exercise every single day

Sometimes I even wonder about the whole torture we put ourselves through in P3/P4 to reintroduce foods and essentially stay so lc & if that is why it's so hard afterwards to add more carbs or exercise.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #1135
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Hope you slept well my friend. I appreciate your counsel, as always. I also don't want my new commitment to exercise to get derailed b.c. of this trip or my incessant desire to drop the # on the scale . I need to accept that the quick fixes aren't lasting enough for me. I am in this for the long haul. I'm finally ready to put more work into the exercise portion of my body makeover. I've suspected I'd need exercise for the final leg anyway, so now is as good a time as any. I go to the gym much better w. classes and my friend there to commiserate with . I'm glad you're planning to get back into it. When I do weight training I prefer to zone out and do it alone, so I kind of get your way. Whatever works and you'll stick with is the best choice!

I'm trying to drink more water today when I'm hungry. I'll eat the meal I've planned, then when I feel like eating more, I drink for a bit and see how I feel. It's helping so far. One day at a time with my eating now. I'm so confused with my long term LCing that I'm having a hard time lowering my fat to compensate for increasing my carbs . I'm a work in progress .

I had my coffee as usual this morning, with half-n-half instead of HWC. I had a bowl of cereal and skim milk this morning after my rumba workout. I had ham and swiss cheese rollups with mustard for lunch and a nectarine. That's it so far today. Not sure what dinner will be. Haven't gotten that far, but I need to hit the store, so I hope I'll make a good healthy choice .

My GYCD yesterday dropped me back to 164.4 where I was before my weekend indulging. I'm hoping that my body is used to the higher carbs and won't balk if I keep my carbs higher. All the trainers I talk to suggest 50% of your cals come from healthy carbs, which is so tough to wrap my head around. I know that keeping fats high while trying the raise my carbs will be disastrous, so I'm trying to retrain my diet. It's proving to be really challenging. I'm not overdoing it on sugars, but am considering bread for sandwiches, real and sweet potatoes, brown rice etc. Not sure I will do well on it, but maybe it'll be a good choice for both the exercise and the hypothyroid (which responds well to higher carbs)? This is my new approach. Hope it works well .
Aren't we all!? None of us is a finished work of art.

I know trainers are big on healthy carbs for fueling a workout. I agree with them, which is why I'm thinking so seriously about the Biggest Loser idea. IKWYM about the Subway commercials and Sugarless Gum plugs, but if you set all that and the "game playing" aside, I think there is much to be "gained" by their approach. I'd never be able to workout that many hours or at that intensity, but I don't have Dr's waiting in the wings to rescue me, either.

If you don't like brown rice, I think wild rice is just as good. As long as it isn't the bleached-out, empty starches, it won't spike your blood sugar and cause you to pack on the pounds.

If you can believe it, today I'm really thinking about going back to LC but doing it more with the mindset that you're describing. Not a "no carb" diet but allowing the healthy versions of the starches on occasion. Not daily but maybe once or twice a week. That I can live with. And like you said, it's for the long haul.

KUTGW, cutie. We are here rooting for you. Sleep well. Oh! And I posted some pond pics on my journal, for you "dry gals."
Old 08-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #1136
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Julie, we ALL know that firm and fit and higher on the scale looks FAR sexier than "thin and flabby," which is how I ended my hcg rounds. So you will look FABULOUS for the PA reunion, and that's exactly how we want to look at a reunion.

Hcg seems to be the only way that I can lose, so I feel like I'm going to have to use it to get back to my comfort zone. One round will do it--I regained about 12-14ish pounds, much like you. I absolutely do NOT believe there's any "reset" with hcg. I wish it were true, but in fact, the opposite is probably the case. So once I get back there, I will be joining you in finding some way to eat so that I can become physically active again and yet not stay on the lose/regain hamster wheel! Why does it have to be so HARD?
Well, I still remember how much you loved eating LC so if it will be a way to maintain, then you have many happy years of maintenance ahead, my friend.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #1137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you discover your "happy" way to maintain. I really do think the HGC is keeping you on the viscous cycle... same as other crash diets. losing wt. is easy, keeping it off is hard.
Once I stopped the extreme dieting & built my metabolism up again it really helped me. Since then I try different diets, but not crash diets.
I'm kind of surprised that you say higher carbs for hypothyroidism. All the reading I've done says low carb is good for us, and it is my experience. I think it is more likely your body type that determines what you do well on. So you do well on higher carbs.
What ever you end up doing, keeping your calories up & building muscle will let your metabolism restart & start working again. Probably the hardest thing, as you alluded to, is the mind-set. Which the Lord can help renew that!! Blessings friend!
Old 08-21-2013, 01:13 PM   #1138
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Yes! Lets go with firm and fit . I do get flabby and drawn looking after Hcg. I'm glad you're doing well w/ it. It's such a quick loss and so much fun to see the scale go down! The hamster wheel is so frustrating! I'm hoping I can make exercise a normal part of my routine and eventually be able to eat more because of it. Wouldn't that be nice?

Quote:
Julie, I agree about the re-set because if that were the case then I could eat "normally" and not gain or not have to count calories. The fact remains for me to maintain I need to keep track of calories..end of story...

I have added back more healthy carbs. I net under 50. Some days 20 something and others 40 something. I have berries, occasional mangoes, apples, melon. I also have a daily lc bread alteranative. I love the Joseph's lavash bread (flax, oat bran & wheat). I also have my veggies and salad with full fat dressing but I can maintain not because anything was reset but because I count calories and I exercise every single day

Sometimes I even wonder about the whole torture we put ourselves through in P3/P4 to reintroduce foods and essentially stay so lc & if that is why it's so hard afterwards to add more carbs or exercise.
I had 178g of carbs yesterday! 1700 cals and did my Zumba class. I am down 0.2lbs today, which was a pleasant surprise. Usually when I up my carbs I usually bump up. So, I'll take that as an encouraging sign . The adjustment to real life after Hcg would be a lot easier if I didn't always have some vacation, trip or major event to contend with. At least if I can do the exercise and thing her carb thing successfully, I should be able to handle vacation and occasional indulgences more easily. We will see.

Quote:
Aren't we all!? None of us is a finished work of art.

I know trainers are big on healthy carbs for fueling a workout. I agree with them, which is why I'm thinking so seriously about the Biggest Loser idea. IKWYM about the Subway commercials and Sugarless Gum plugs, but if you set all that and the "game playing" aside, I think there is much to be "gained" by their approach. I'd never be able to workout that many hours or at that intensity, but I don't have Dr's waiting in the wings to rescue me, either.

If you don't like brown rice, I think wild rice is just as good. As long as it isn't the bleached-out, empty starches, it won't spike your blood sugar and cause you to pack on the pounds.

If you can believe it, today I'm really thinking about going back to LC but doing it more with the mindset that you're describing. Not a "no carb" diet but allowing the healthy versions of the starches on occasion. Not daily but maybe once or twice a week. That I can live with. And like you said, it's for the long haul.

KUTGW, cutie. We are here rooting for you. Sleep well. Oh! And I posted some pond pics on my journal, for you "dry gals."
I need to go see your pics. I think a balanced LC plan would be great. Healthy eating all around. I'm trying to pay more attention to calories these days, which is a bummer. But, hopefully, eventually I will have a faster metabolism so I can up my cals for maintainence. I can't imagine workouts all day long like on BL, but I suppose it is effective. Wonder how maintenance is for them. Many gain. They all become spokesmen and trainers which seems to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hope you discover your "happy" way to maintain. I really do think the HGC is keeping you on the viscous cycle... same as other crash diets. losing wt. is easy, keeping it off is hard.
Once I stopped the extreme dieting & built my metabolism up again it really helped me. Since then I try different diets, but not crash diets.
I'm kind of surprised that you say higher carbs for hypothyroidism. All the reading I've done says low carb is good for us, and it is my experience. I think it is more likely your body type that determines what you do well on. So you do well on higher carbs.
What ever you end up doing, keeping your calories up & building muscle will let your metabolism restart & start working again. Probably the hardest thing, as you alluded to, is the mind-set. Which the Lord can help renew that!! Blessings friend!
Thanks! I lost all the weight (100+ lbs) on Atkins. So LC works great for hypothyroid folks. I just don't lose weight on it, and the lower carbs keep my temperature lower. I feel better and my thyroid seems to function better (body temp) when carbs are higher. When I try this level of exercise LC, I don't feel well and I can't complete my classes. Thanks for the encouragement! Changing from high fat low carb to healthy carbs and lower fat has been hard. God has been so good to me I sometimes forget to ask for His help.

My Zumba instructor just got home from some zumba convention. New routines - She killed us today!! it was fun, but I was dripping afterwards! Feel good now though. I'm doing body pump tomorrow which is group weight training. Looking forward to that. Can't make body attack on Fri since we have science this week, so I'm planning to take body step on Sat. That would be my 5th class this week, which is my goal we'll see, Sat is tough to makes it to the gym!

Hope you're all doing well. I'm 164.2 today, which is down 0.2 the day after a GYCD and with 178g of carbs! I'd say this is an encouraging sign .
Old 08-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #1139
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie
God has been so good to me I sometimes forget to ask for His help.
^^^^ What she said! I am so bad about that myself. Is Zumba like a dance class? It sounds like a lot of fun. At my gym, they offer one Aqua Zumba class each Friday evening. I thought that would be so fun to try. On my current schedule, I'll be working every other Friday so I can at least make that class twice a month. I really need to shut up and "put up."

You're really killing it at the gym, Julie. How does it make you feel? Are you jazzed? You sound jazzed. Sleep well.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #1140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Zumba has got to be a lot of fun! The music is so motivating... I have only seen it on Biggest Loser & tried it while watching them... course they couldn't do the moves right (nor me)... but they had a blast anyway!

Talk helps... talk yourself into it!