Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #991
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Julie!!! AMAZING! I have never had a desire to go all the way to HI but after seeing how lovely a time you had, I may have to reconsider. Actually, if times get really tough, I might buy a one-way ticket and just live on the beach the way many of HI's homeless do. How bad could that be?

I'm thrilled that you had such a blessed time together. Glad you went for the vow renewal, too. I know he was not your favorite person right before you left. What happened with the in-law situation? How did you handle it and how did he take it? I prayed about it that it would go smoothly.

Don't sweat the small stuff, like being 159. Just nip it in the bud and marinate in the wonderful memories of your trip to heaven on earth.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #992
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Thanks Cheryl! We talked about doing the something in Hi. Lots of people camped along the beaches and fish or grow their own food. Wouldn't cost much that way.... Would have a good tan too . Sure was lovely in the islands! Can't wait to go back!

I'm down to 157.2 today! And I had water ice, frozen custard and French fries yesterday . but . My temp this morning was 98.1 so evidently the carbs are really good for my thyroid and metabolism. I'm doing a GYCD today b/c I want to. I feel bloated and "full" and will go back to a bit lighter eating the rest of the week. I'm also planning and looking forward to upping the exercise this week. That'll mess w/ the scale but I don't really care. I will be doing more cardio this time though in hopes of not bulking up too much. We'll see. In all, very content and happy w/ my body/weight right now and counting my blessings. A good places to be!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #993
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/153/145
WOE: hhCG, rx hCG
Start Date: rx hCG R7 start 02/16/14
Hiya Julie and WELCOME BACK!

Love love love the pics. I don't think you COULD look more beautiful! And DH and your girls look wonderful as well--happy, having fun, just enjoying paradise! Thanks for sharing!

I will bet $100 that if you can stick to your GY day (even for most of the day! ) that you'll see the mid 150's tomorrow. Travel bloat and all that jazz!

Missed ya 'round here!

(Cheryl... )
shelbyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #994
Big Yapper!

Hey, Shelby! How the heck are ya? Haven't seen you popping up on any of my threads in a long while. You still out there lurking? Hope everything is peachy-keen with you and yours.

Julie, I hope you never, ever change your Avi! NEVER! And I agree with Shelby. Thank you so much for sharing your pics with us. That's funny that you were talking about being a beach bum, too. If you have to be homeless, is there any better place to choose? I heard a story about the homeless camping out on a certain beach down there and how it was such a problem, but all it did was give me ideas. More like advertising.

I had choppy sleep. Stormed on and off all night, dog was panicking, panting, pacing, shaking, etc. I don't have a crate so I set her up in the bathroom and closed the door. I checked on her a few times and she was still a mess so I just opened the door and let her pant and pace throughout the entire house. I wish to God that medicine the Vet gave me for her wouldn't make her incontinent for days. I'll have to invest in some doggy diapers so I can give it to her when things are bad like that.

I even tried a "thunder vest" or whatever they call it. It is supposed to comfort the dog by hugging it tightly inside this thing that wraps around their body and Velcro's together. It didn't help her at all so back to the store it went. Wasn't cheap, either.

Oh well. Here I am clogging up your journal! Ttyl, people. Have a lovely day.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #995
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyla View Post
Hiya Julie and WELCOME BACK!

Love love love the pics. I don't think you COULD look more beautiful! And DH and your girls look wonderful as well--happy, having fun, just enjoying paradise! Thanks for sharing!

I will bet $100 that if you can stick to your GY day (even for most of the day! ) that you'll see the mid 150's tomorrow. Travel bloat and all that jazz!

Missed ya 'round here!

(Cheryl... )
Aww, thanks sweetie!! Definitely a happy trip and I felt so great in the sun and beautiful blue water every day!! Soooo miss the ocean! Even the CA version that's cold and less blue . I would so take that right now! I'm sticking so far, and hope you're right. It's pretty recent gain so ought to go reasonably easily. I'll prob need more commitment around 152 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Hey, Shelby! How the heck are ya? Haven't seen you popping up on any of my threads in a long while. You still out there lurking? Hope everything is peachy-keen with you and yours.

Julie, I hope you never, ever change your Avi! NEVER! And I agree with Shelby. Thank you so much for sharing your pics with us. That's funny that you were talking about being a beach bum, too. If you have to be homeless, is there any better place to choose? I heard a story about the homeless camping out on a certain beach down there and how it was such a problem, but all it did was give me ideas. More like advertising.

I had choppy sleep. Stormed on and off all night, dog was panicking, panting, pacing, shaking, etc. I don't have a crate so I set her up in the bathroom and closed the door. I checked on her a few times and she was still a mess so I just opened the door and let her pant and pace throughout the entire house. I wish to God that medicine the Vet gave me for her wouldn't make her incontinent for days. I'll have to invest in some doggy diapers so I can give it to her when things are bad like that.

I even tried a "thunder vest" or whatever they call it. It is supposed to comfort the dog by hugging it tightly inside this thing that wraps around their body and Velcro's together. It didn't help her at all so back to the store it went. Wasn't cheap, either.

Oh well. Here I am clogging up your journal! Ttyl, people. Have a lovely day.
I know! I thought the same thing. Not a bad idea... Poor doggie. She really gets that worked up on storm nights? Couldn't they just give her benedryl? I've given it to my dogs for their allergies and they get sleepy on it. Hope tonight is a better one!

I just cleaned the house, did some more laundry, and paid all the bills (including all the medical ones for dd!). Whew!! After I catch up online I will go sit for a bit. Sounds good. Only wish it were in a beach chair along the coast in Maui. Sigh. I'm such a spoiled brat .
Old 06-03-2013, 07:40 PM   #996
Big Yapper!

I have an idea. Start a "Maui Fund." Buy a decorative jar and start throwing your coins and dollars in it. It will be a great family thing and might help curb over-spending on other things. Might help with dieting temptations, as well.

Benadryl doesn't do anything for her panic but I bought her some doggy diapers tonight ($20 for 12!!) and next time we get a bad system passing through, we'll be ready for it.

So freakin tired tonight. Long farm day. Very young and clueless volunteers make for a very long and trying day. Lord, !
Old 06-04-2013, 06:10 AM   #997
Big Yapper!!!!

Oooh, good idea! I do have a piggy bank I painted years ago that says "vacation fund" but that's in my bedroom and I never do anything with it. I need to find one of those free coin counting machines. The ones that are easy to access charge 10%!! No way!! hope you slept well and are raring to go today!!

I was down to 155 this morning and that at 5am! couldn't sleep for some reason. I'll take it. GYCD wasn't hard, but I found myself hungry at bedtime which, thankfully, is rare for me. I'm only 3lbs above where I was when I left for HI so I'm content w. that. I have only had 1 day of good clean eating (the GYCD ) so I can NOT complain. I will go back to lighter eating today and see where I end up tomorrow. I don't think I'll go real low carb as I think my body is happy w. the carbs, just got to balance it out. I also am pro-fat so we'll see. Not overly worried or motivated, truth be told. I think I will eventually go back to where I was stable around 150 and if not, then I'll figure something out. For now, I'll take it as it comes. Hope you're all having a good day! Taking dd(9) to the local pool/water park for some fun in the sun. Need to keep my tan going . It's nice getting some one on one time w. her. She's a handful, but so much fun!
Old 06-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #998
Big Yapper!

No time to chat, just checking in. Slept late again. OMG, this is nuts. I don't even wake to take my pills when the alarms go off. I just took my thyroid and bp meds at 2pm. My new mattress is delivered today sometime via ups so I'm hoping with a better mattress, I will sleep more soundly and all of this craziness will eventually straighten out.

Unlike you, I am a night eater to the max. I've heard of a disorder to that effect so if it's real, I most certainly have it. Not sure how it's treated. Would love to find out, though. Have a super day. Off to work I go.

68 degrees, sunny and low humidity!!! Add to that a breeze and I am in Heaven, baby!

Last edited by CherylB; 06-04-2013 at 11:28 AM..
Old 06-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #999
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Hi, Julie! Just stopping in to say hello. Your Hawaii photos are lovely, and nice job on the weight control while on vacay!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #1000
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
No time to chat, just checking in. Slept late again. OMG, this is nuts. I don't even wake to take my pills when the alarms go off. I just took my thyroid and bp meds at 2pm. My new mattress is delivered today sometime via ups so I'm hoping with a better mattress, I will sleep more soundly and all of this craziness will eventually straighten out.

Unlike you, I am a night eater to the max. I've heard of a disorder to that effect so if it's real, I most certainly have it. Not sure how it's treated. Would love to find out, though. Have a super day. Off to work I go.

68 degrees, sunny and low humidity!!! Add to that a breeze and I am in Heaven, baby!
Nice weather!! Soak that in girl!! You know the humidity of June/July is inevitable. Maybe you'll get a mild summer this year? Sure hope so!! Hope the mattress makes you feel like a million bucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Hi, Julie! Just stopping in to say hello. Your Hawaii photos are lovely, and nice job on the weight control while on vacay!
Thanks Jessica! I had an amazing time!! My body seems pretty stable at the mid to lower 150's, but kind of wish it were the 140's. I'm not gonna' sweat it, just enjoying it for now.

Just a quick pop in. STS this morning, 154.8, but that's after a 2500cal day yesterday! I am planning a lighter, lower carb day today and will do an EOD kind of "correction" week I think. Not sure I'll do a true CD today, but did boil some eggs just in case .

I am reviewing many of my Hi pictures this morning and feeling richly blessed!! Such a wonderful chapter in my life! The other thing all those pics show me, is that I am a normal size. Really. Not just wishing I looked good in an outfit. Bathing suits rarely lie. I appear "normal". Hard to wrap my head around. My legs still require work, but I'm not convinced losing more lbs will help that. When I drop lower on the scale my "girls" suffer loss, not my saddle bags. I think the gym will be my next challenge. All that to say, I'm tabling the idea of another round for a while. I need to get into better shape and see where I really stabilize. I suspect it'll be around 150, which I can totally live with. There you have it, reflections from julie . Have a great day all!
Old 06-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #1001
Big Yapper!

I agree! I think that is definitely your next chapter, Julie. You should go on Craigslist and see if you can get one of those Malibu Pilates chairs. You don't need the entire reformer to get in great shape. The chair alone can get you there. Go on Youtube and see how they can be used. You can probably get one very reasonably, since I got both the reformer and chair for $100 (the $25 was for delivery.)

I'm so happy that you're so happy!
Old 06-06-2013, 08:02 AM   #1002
Big Yapper!!!!

I don't really have anywhere to put equipment at our house . I bend to do better at a gym. I'm looking at my old gym again. $20/month and there are lots of classes. My BFF goes there so that would help. I need got a real present for my bday so that may be it. We'll see...

Cute pic. I'll go check in w/you.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #1003
Big Yapper!!!!

My other friend told me about a summer pass to her gym for $20 for 3 months! Perfect! And her dd is BFFs w/ my dd(12) and will take some classes there. That'll be good for her (working it w/ a GF is way more fun than w/ mom!). So, hopefully we can do that next week. I really need something fun to motivate me back into exercise!

I'm around 155 and can't seem to get focused on losing a bit. 5 lbs isn't much, I know, but I don't want to get too comfy here. I'll do CDs or FF next week, too much social eating this weekend to make any loss happen. I'll be happy to maintain around here through the weekend.

I'm not concerned, which is both a blessing and a curse. I should care, but I just don't feel like it, . It's ok, much bigger and more important things life than my weight. But I also don't want to get too lazy and regain. It is so hard to take it back off. But, for now, I'd just be happy with some exercise!
Old 06-07-2013, 09:25 AM   #1004
Big Yapper!

Yes; not being concerned is what got me back to where I am now. Don't freak out but do get concerned soon. Hate to be a wet blanket but reality does bite. That's great about the inexpensive gym membership available to you! I pay almost $50 a month and haven't been back there in nearly a freaking year. I can hardly believe it when I stop and think about it. I seldom even remember that I have a membership to a gym. What a dope!

We each have our "not concerned" areas. The gym is mine. Well, one of mine. Have a great day!
Old 06-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #1005
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
My legs still require work, but I'm not convinced losing more lbs will help that. When I drop lower on the scale my "girls" suffer loss, not my saddle bags.
Oh my, I could've written these words myself! I learned from my adventures with hcg over the last few years that there is a limit to how much weight an adult woman can lose and still look her very best. There has to be some compromise, i.e.: my thighs are bigger than I want, but my face and chest look good, etc. Then you have to factor in where your body likes to maintain without causing you continual struggle. I'm convinced that SOMEWHERE, in the midst of all that, is that "sweet spot" we're all looking for!!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:35 PM   #1006
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi Julie,
Could you send me your phone number? Limited internet.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #1007
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Yes; not being concerned is what got me back to where I am now. Don't freak out but do get concerned soon. Hate to be a wet blanket but reality does bite. That's great about the inexpensive gym membership available to you! I pay almost $50 a month and haven't been back there in nearly a freaking year. I can hardly believe it when I stop and think about it. I seldom even remember that I have a membership to a gym. What a dope!

We each have our "not concerned" areas. The gym is mine. Well, one of mine. Have a great day!
Really? That's crazy? Can your freeze your membership until you're ready to use it? That would save you $ and keep your rate locked in. Worth asking, right? I know I can't continue eating at will. But it sure was fun! the scale and my clothes are good accountability. Buckling down again Mon, and trying to minimize further gain this weekend. Thanks for the straight talk! It helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Oh my, I could've written these words myself! I learned from my adventures with hcg over the last few years that there is a limit to how much weight an adult woman can lose and still look her very best. There has to be some compromise, i.e.: my thighs are bigger than I want, but my face and chest look good, etc. Then you have to factor in where your body likes to maintain without causing you continual struggle. I'm convinced that SOMEWHERE, in the midst of all that, is that "sweet spot" we're all looking for!!
Exactly!! I could lose more, and Hcg would do it, but I start to look bad. Old, worn and saggy! It doesn't really improve w/ time either. I'm hopeful that adding in more exercise will tone me up and tighten stuff. We'll see. I think I can be content where I am, with some added fitness I think .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hi Julie,
Could you send me your phone number? Limited internet.
I tried to PM you back but it won't go through. I'll call you later today at your SIL's number. How long are you in town? Today is bad for me as I am singing at a wedding in Scottsdale at 2 and then the reception after that.

Morning ladies! I'm way up but earned it. Back to cleaner eating today. Mostly GY, and whatever I can salvage at the wedding reception this afternoon. I'd like to not eat at all, bud doubt I can pull that off. We'll see. The real benefit to overdoing to the point you're physically sore and uncomfortable from it? It helps you re-find your motivation to clean eating and getting the exercise routine back in line. Starting a new gym Mon and looking forward to some fun classes and tush whooping! Bring it on!

As an aside, I'm actually sore today. My sides, back and tummy are sore to the touch! Very odd! I've never felt this was before and not sure what it's from. Going back off the gluten for a while and trying coffee and mostly GY today to straighten out my insides. Maybe some FF next week... But want to feel good again. I will definitely keep some carbs in long term, but will get myself back in shape too.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #1008
Big Yapper!

I could call them and do that but I'm so changeable that I can't just say "I'm not ready to use it right now" or at some point say that I am. It's pointless to try and do that. Better to pick two days a week and go use their pool and things I enjoy.

Glad you didn't mind the straight talk. I hate people who beat around the bush.

You're singing in a wedding today? All you singers out there! I wish I could hear you. I hope you have a wonderful time there.

I really hope you and Debby can get together. Deb, you might have to PM Julie cause she can't PM you for some reason. Good thing Julie has your SIL's number. I hope you can get together tomorrow when Julie's available.

Anyway, have a great day, ladies.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #1009
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry Julie,
You didn't get my message & I didn't feel comfortable putting their number here. Cheryl can send it to me through facebook if you give it to her. Thanks.

Last edited by DebbyL; 06-08-2013 at 03:15 PM..
Old 06-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #1010
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!

Cheryl thanks for helping . Yes, I sang in a wedding n Sat. It went well. It's been a long time since I had a solo . Felt good to sing again. I help lead worship at church once a month, but it's very different when it's a solo. fun! Hope you're enjoying some mild weather and the volunteers are helpful this week.

Debby-looking forward to seeing you this afternoon! I'll be over around 2 and we'll go find some good coffee .

I'm trying the new gym today. My friend who already goes there and her dd and her friend are going, me and my 2 dd's are going, and my neighbor and her 3 kids are going (told her about the deal and she got it too!). Should be a bit hectic and fun! I'd like working out to be fun and something I look forward to doing, not dread.

So, gym at 10, meet Debby at 2 and VBS at 5! Then the youth group is coming over after v.b.s to hang out and watch a movie. Fun, full day! I just baked some brownies for the kids. They smell good! But, I'm back on the wagon. p3 style eating until I'm back down where I should be. .
Old 06-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #1011
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Whew! Full day!! Hope you like he gym!! It will be fun meeting Debby too! Have a great time.
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #1012
Big Yapper!

Can't wait to hear how your day went! Rest-up after your full day.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #1013
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks again Julie for going out of your way for me. I will treasure our visit. So cool meeting you in person! You are so beautiful & glow in the love & joy of the Lord I am blessed to know you better!
Old 06-10-2013, 10:44 PM   #1014
Big Yapper!!!!

Deb-thanks! Yes, a full, but fun day! I loved the gym and planning to go tomorrow morning again. I like the classes and hope to get back in shape quickly.

Cheryl-we had fun! It's so nice to meet people IRL.

Debby-my pleasure!! I really enjoyed our visit and it's such a nice bonus to have that added dimension to our relationship. You're such a pretty lady (inside and out) and so skinny! I'm happy you came to town and really look forward to meeting up again!

Had a busy day and it's not over yet. Our church's youth group is over watching a movie. VBS was good and we'll be up late tonight. The new gym was good, I signed up for a regular membership once this pass expires (in Sept). Hopefully the friends who go there and the variety of classes will make it enough fun to keep me going.

tomorrow should be a bit more calm. We'll see.

Weight? Way up!! But I was pretty good today. Despite multiple temptations! So, I hope to be down at least a little bit tomorrow. Basic LC.

Nitey-night!
Old 06-11-2013, 06:21 AM   #1015
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you day is spaced out better today & that you love your class today too! That ole wt. will have to let go. You look fantastic!
Old 06-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #1016
Big Yapper!

Can't write much at this moment. T-storm, heavy rain and have to get ready for work. YEP! It's another one of those. Cissy's a mess and I have to leave her here all by herself. Poor girl. But the storm cell looks like it will pass and then it should be just spotty rain. The next thing I buy is going to be a good rain hat.

Have a wonderful day, ladies.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #1017
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Debby! I'm trying to limit our commitments. Too many options!

I made the body pump class this morning. My neighbor came and picked me up and we went together. That was HARD! after a while I'm sure I'll be really fit, but as of now, I'm pathetic, weak and sore! but, ate least I'm moving forward!

Vbs all week and that starts around 5. So our days are kept short w/ that evening goal. Tired already!
Old 06-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #1018
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah, you're too hard on yourself Julie! I bet you did really great. I would have trouble sequencing & catching on to the moves of most classes now. Used to do Jane Fonda, but now its too hard to remember the moves. I have to stick to the simple stuff... elliptical, bow-flex... Remembering from "whence you came" would be a good thing... look back to your heavy times & rejoice in all the free-movement & energy you have now! That's what I do... Positive reinforcement encourages me.

Yep, that VBS is going to be very exhausting but totally rewarding.

Sleep well, my friends!
Old 06-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #1019
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Great job on exercise Julie!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #1020
Big Yapper!

VBS?