Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 08:04 AM   #961
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Dd(12) had her big concert last night and her first solo. She did great! Her hip is feeling better, still a bit sore but so much better! I'm a proud mama!! We are semi-packing, as it's only 3 days until Hawaii!! I feel kind of like we're already on vacation as I am celebrating my bday early w. lots of free meals out and fun times with good friends. I am richly blessed! I will turn 44 while we're in HI and am really enjoying myself. I am up on the scale, to be expected. I just can NOT seem to make a real sacrifice. It's something yummy and indulgent every single day lately. Much like vacation mode. I am shooting for a lighter day, again, today! But suspect I will just maintain here around 151 through my vacation. It seems whatever hideous indulgence I choose I seem to top off around 151-152. This is over my 140's goal range, but quite stable for me. Sigh. I would have loved to go and come home from HI in the 140's but I can't seem to find my motivation just now. KWIM? I guess when I get home I will be hitting the gym pretty hard. The scale will go up then but hopefully this new weight won't become a permanent part of me. We'll see.

Cheryl-yes! Hawaii in 3 days!! Working on packing and making plans. I hope to have enough down time but also want to see as much as possible while I'm there. Hope you're enjoying your few days off .

Debby-how're you doing? You inspire me to be more careful in my maintenance. Sigh. I think when I am home from vacation I will buckle down more.
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #962
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Well, ! What day is your birthday, Julie? I'm almost 7 years older than you.

I'm so glad dd is doing so much better now. Just in the nick of time, too! Didn't realize she was also a singer. What's left for you to pack? You taking everything but the kitchen sink?

You need to enjoy your time and you can deal with the dang weight when you come home. Don't go off the deep end, but have fun.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #963
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Dd(12) had her big concert last night and her first solo. She did great! Her hip is feeling better, still a bit sore but so much better! I'm a proud mama!! We are semi-packing, as it's only 3 days until Hawaii!! I feel kind of like we're already on vacation as I am celebrating my bday early w. lots of free meals out and fun times with good friends. I am richly blessed! I will turn 44 while we're in HI and am really enjoying myself. I am up on the scale, to be expected. I just can NOT seem to make a real sacrifice. It's something yummy and indulgent every single day lately. Much like vacation mode. I am shooting for a lighter day, again, today! But suspect I will just maintain here around 151 through my vacation. It seems whatever hideous indulgence I choose I seem to top off around 151-152. This is over my 140's goal range, but quite stable for me. Sigh. I would have loved to go and come home from HI in the 140's but I can't seem to find my motivation just now. KWIM? I guess when I get home I will be hitting the gym pretty hard. The scale will go up then but hopefully this new weight won't become a permanent part of me. We'll see.
Cheryl-yes! Hawaii in 3 days!! Working on packing and making plans. I hope to have enough down time but also want to see as much as possible while I'm there. Hope you're enjoying your few days off .
Debby-how're you doing? You inspire me to be more careful in my maintenance. Sigh. I think when I am home from vacation I will buckle down more.
Congrats on dd's concert! WTG!!
Happy early birthday!

Glad I can help inspire. I'm facing traveling too. Tomorrow for an over-niter... next Saturday for 6 weeks! Last time I traveled I was so careful I lost 8 lbs in 3 weeks (so scared was I). We'll see how it goes this time.
As for Hawaii... let the fact that you can climb those hills (you will be hiking in to some great places), and fit nicely in your bathing suit... remind you to make good choices in your eating out. Let each person that "shouldn't" be exposing themselves in bathing suits (and they will be) remind you of where you came from & where the "treats" will take you back to... we just can't eat that way. Our choices have consequences. The joy of passing up bad food far outweighs the "moments on the lips" Besides the rest of that... -- "forever on the hips"
I'm just remembering one of my trips to Hawaii... I was heavy
You're going to have a marvelous time!
Old 05-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #964
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Let each person that "shouldn't" be exposing themselves in bathing suits (and they will be) remind you of where you came from & where the "treats" will take you back to... we just can't eat that way. Our choices have consequences. The joy of passing up bad food far outweighs the "moments on the lips" Besides the rest of that... -- "forever on the hips"

I'm just remembering one of my trips to Hawaii... I was heavy
You're going to have a marvelous time!
Old 05-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #965
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks girls! I'm trying to pack lightly and convince the rest of the family to also, we have a washer/dryer in the condo in Maui, so we can wash mid week. I will try not to overdo it with the food. I'm sure at the luau I may indulge, but hopefully we'll be so active the rest of the weeks I'll burn some off. Either way, I will enjoy myself. Peaceful walks on the beach, snorkeling, all sounds delightful to me right now. I really can't wait to get away!!

As and aside, Dh is being a real jerk right now,, so the vow renewal is not something I really want to do. Spend $300 to celebrate him? I'd rather not just now. I am just about ready to book separate rooms. He gets into these rants and goes off doing something totally useless (right now tearing a part the house looking for dd(9)'s camera) he's ripping down all the old purses and backpacks, dumping them all out all over the house, and now wants me and the girls to clean it all up. He trashed dd(9)'s room after she spent all week cleaning it up. She cried for a long time over that one. He is just completely unreasonable and somehow expects us to thank him for looking? We don't even freaking care is she finds it. He cares, and now we get tot spend the rest of the evening cleaning up (again!!!) before we can pack. Definitely not how I have my evening planned. This too shall pass, and I need to take the good with the bad. But sme days....
Old 05-18-2013, 06:11 PM   #966
Big Yapper!

I'm sorry, Julie. I hope things brighten up and stay bright from here on out until you get home from your lovely trip.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #967
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh no. So sorry Julie
for you.

Hey Julie, I was wondering... you're in AZ aren't you? On our moto-trip we will be visiting dh's ds in Chandler. Is that close by? Anyway, you would know the answer to my question... is there a good amusement park in AZ? We're trying to think of fun things to do on our way.

Hope you have a good evening after all!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:40 PM   #968
Big Yapper!

Okay. I gotta field this one, Julie and Debby! I just googled Chandler and it's only 30 minutes away from Phoenix. How exciting! You guys can plan a date!
Old 05-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #969
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, that would be cool.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:09 AM   #970
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
oh no. So sorry Julie
for you.

Hey Julie, I was wondering... you're in AZ aren't you? On our moto-trip we will be visiting dh's ds in Chandler. Is that close by? Anyway, you would know the answer to my question... is there a good amusement park in AZ? We're trying to think of fun things to do on our way.

Hope you have a good evening after all!
Chandler is actually right next door to me. I'm in Gilbert, so we are literally neighbors. when will you be in town? I would love to get together with you guys. We don't have amusement parks, but depending on the weather there are some nice hikes and outdoors stuff we enjoy. It'll be hot when you're here most likely, so you'd probably enjoy a water park? Wet-n-wild in Phoenix gets rave reviews (haven't tried them yet) or Sunsplash in Mesa is lots of fun and less expensive. That's on our "to do" list this summer. Tempe town lake is nice and many people enjoy tubing down the salt river (I haven't done that yet either). We usually get away to Sedona in the summer. It's only a 2 hour drive and a world away. Beautiful red rocks and mountains, oak creek . Let me know your dates and we'll set something up! How fun!!

Dh settled down some. I was right though, he did expect me to thank him for trashing the house. then, dd(9) fell off a neighbors Ike and thought she broke her right wrist. Off to urgent fare at 6:30 pm last night, not the original plan. but, praise God, she only sprained it, so we were out to Chinese food for dinner at 8 . Needless to say, I'm still at 151.6 this morning, but pretty sure its salt. I was pretty good, brought half my dinner home andon,y had 1 bite of the fried rice. We're going out to bfast this morning as and early vacation start. I'm not going to intentionally overeat this next week or so, but am going to enjoy the local flavor and sort it out when I get home.

Another odd development, is that my SIL's brother lives in Maui. We got in touch with him and were hoping to meet him for dinner one night. He called me Sat and is taking off from work while we're there, wants to meet us at the airport, show us around on Tues. and drive the road to Hana with us, on Wed. etc. which all sounds nice, but he's a really big guy and we're renting a small convertible just for the 4 of us. I don't want to sit in the back btw the girls on that winding road for 4 hours! We prefer to tour the island at our own pace and snorkel and swim as much as possible. We only have 6 days really in Maui and I'm a bit protective of them. How do I nicely decline? I asked dh to call him and talk it Orr, but he hasn't. it's just awkward and I don't want to offend him, but I also don't want my trip hijacked. I really hope dh can talk to him and work it out.

Anyway, I will be leaving tomorrow and craziness aside, it will be paradise. I will be walking the beach, swimming, snorkeling and boogie boarding as much as possible. We have wifi in the hotel so I may check in a few times. Not sure ill be able to post pics as I won't have a real laptop. Maybe one from my phone? I am sure we will have a blast. I'll check in soon. Love you guys!
Old 05-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #971
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds great! Have a blast! One week? Two?

(thanks for the info too). Going on an over-nighter in a few minutes...
Old 05-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #972
Big Yapper!

I'm so glad dd 9 didn't break her wrist! Life is action-packed for you right now, isn't it! The "SIL's brother" (wouldn't that make him your BIL?)" development is awkward indeed but I'm sure you'll find a delicate way to explain to him that you didn't come all this way to visit with him.

Did you already have a car arranged at the airport or hotel? Why would he offer to meet you at the airport? How odd. I wonder if just telling him one day and one event (or trip) that you are available to meet with him, and then saying that you've got plans for entire rest of the time you're there (with your family; hint hint.) That really should do it, but I know some people are harder to get through to. I hope (and will pray) that he quickly gets the picture and then backs off.

That's so fun that you and Debby are going to meet up! When do you expect to be in Julie's neighborhood, Debby? I want to be a part of it, if only via knowledge. A water park sounds perfect! That's all the "amusement" you need.

I just tossed a load of clothes in the machine. Got work this afternoon and it looks like it's going to shower on and off today. It's already wet and dark outside. I'm just thankful for the three days off I had. Only wish my body FELT as though it had three days off.

Julie, when do you leave for Hawaii? I don't know when to say goodbye! (Never goodbye, but "Aloha!") Sorry about the whole DH thing. Men. I'll stick with dogs, thank you very much.

Last edited by CherylB; 05-19-2013 at 09:14 AM..
Old 05-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #973
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Haha....
Well, I prefer crazy roller coasters to water parks... don't care to traipse around in a bathing suit. Especially without my arch support. We will look for a really fun amusement park "somewhere" on our trip. I'm sure we will have a few to choose from, in all the miles we travel. AZ might be too hot for us to do anything outside. I hope it works out to get together for a visit. That would be cool.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #974
Big Yapper!

You'll find some great amusement park somewhere along your journey. Google now and plan ahead! I hate roller coasters.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #975
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Hope you are having a blast in Hawaii!!!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #976

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Hi Julie, I know you're having a blast in Hawaii!! Can't wait to see pics, that's on my destination wish list

Also thanks for the support you've given me. It's priceless
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #977
Big Yapper!

Hope you were able to give your SIL's brother the slip.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:55 AM   #978
Big Yapper!!!!

ALOHA!!!

I'm back!! and I missed my fur babies and my LCFs, but truth be told I'd rather be back in paradise!! I had the BEST TRIP EVER!!! we loved every minute of it!! Maui is absolutely beautiful!! I can't wait to go back!! We stayed in Oahu at Waikiki beach for 3.5 days, which was plenty. Very crowded and reminded me of Vegas and LA. So many Japanese and Asian tourists there too so maybe more like Saigon? Beautiful also, especially the north Shore of Oahu. Just an amazing vacation!! I am so thankful for this opportunity to go and so richly blessed with all the beauty and adventures we enjoyed!!

You know I'll be posting pics soon. I'm on dh's old laptop and will try to post some, not quite sure how that works...
Old 05-31-2013, 12:35 PM   #979
Big Yapper!

That's wonderful, honey! Can't wait for the pics. Will try and be patient.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:53 PM   #980
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok, here are a few. I have soooo many pics, so I'll try to narrow it down so as not to bore you .
First one is us at the luau the first night. Second pic is my first attempt at snorkeling (which I love!!)
third pic is my family on the nice boat trip we took out to Molikini crater.
Last pic is the girls and I in our convertible
Attached Images
File Type: jpg luau 1.jpg (49.8 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg julie snorkel 1.jpg (33.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg boat 1.jpg (46.8 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg convertible.jpg (42.9 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by julieboolie; 05-31-2013 at 05:54 PM..
Old 05-31-2013, 05:55 PM   #981
Big Yapper!!!!

Here are a few of us on the beach for our vow renewal. It was beautiful!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg family beach 1.jpg (37.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg girls 2.jpg (48.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg family 6.jpg (41.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg vow renewal 1.jpg (42.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg vow renewal 10.jpg (57.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg vow renewal 12.jpg (26.0 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg vow renewal 4.jpg (49.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg vow renewal 7.jpg (45.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg vow renewal 13.jpg (42.2 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by julieboolie; 05-31-2013 at 05:57 PM..
Old 05-31-2013, 05:59 PM   #982
Big Yapper!!!!

Here are good ones of dh (Matt) and me at the beach.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg matt and julie 2.jpg (22.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg matt and julie 5.jpg (42.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg matt and julie 4.jpg (22.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg matt and julie beach.jpg (37.4 KB, 21 views)
Old 05-31-2013, 06:16 PM   #983
Big Yapper!

Beautiful, Julie! Can't wait to see more. Love the snorkeling one!
Old 05-31-2013, 10:21 PM   #984
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks!! Here are a few more:
These are some from the road to Hana. That's the less developed side of Maui (more true Hawaiian) and simply breathtaking! This is the black sand beach and cave, the girls drinking a fresh coconut, me and dh cliff jumping at Venus pools (which looks like Neverland) and me on the red sand beach-which is also amazing!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg black sand.jpg (76.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg family cave.jpg (32.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg girls coconut.jpg (84.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg julie jump.jpg (27.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg matt jump 2.jpg (29.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg julie red sand.jpg (35.0 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by julieboolie; 05-31-2013 at 10:22 PM..
Old 05-31-2013, 10:25 PM   #985
Big Yapper!!!!

Here's a pic of my new favorite beach- Napili bay. We snorkeled (on my birthday!!) with a lot of turtles and here are a few of those pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg napili bay 1.jpg (60.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg turtle 1.jpg (31.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg turtle 2.jpg (56.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg turtle 3.jpg (36.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg turtle 4.jpg (50.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg turtle 5.jpg (41.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 05-31-2013, 10:27 PM   #986
Big Yapper!!!!

And here are some waterfall pictures. We all swam in one - Twin Falls and the other one was flowing too fast (it just rained) to swim. But still beautiful!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg waterfall 1.jpg (101.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg waterfall 2.jpg (39.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg waterfall 3.jpg (70.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg waterfall 4.jpg (39.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg waterfall 5.jpg (98.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg waterfall 6.jpg (46.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 06-01-2013, 06:08 AM   #987

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/118.4/118 5'3.75"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Oh, Julie!! What gorgeous pics. What a beautiful family, ceremony....everything. Thanks so much for posting and sharing. Now you make ME want to go there. Hopefully my turn next year! It will be 20 years for us then. Happy Birthday too.
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:35 AM   #988

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Welcome back!! Wow, what beautiful pics!! Love, love, love the vowel renewal ceremony pics and you look absolutely beautiful in your dress along with your hubby and daughters. I'm glad you all had a nice time...now I really want to go to Hawaii!!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #989

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
WOW!!! Julie, so so jealous.. haha.. I will be there before too many more months go by, so it is fantastic seeing your pictures!! Thank you for sharing!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #990
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Oh, Julie!! What gorgeous pics. What a beautiful family, ceremony....everything. Thanks so much for posting and sharing. Now you make ME want to go there. Hopefully my turn next year! It will be 20 years for us then. Happy Birthday too.
Thanks! I highly recommend Hi. 20? Definitely needs to be celebrated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Welcome back!! Wow, what beautiful pics!! Love, love, love the vowel renewal ceremony pics and you look absolutely beautiful in your dress along with your hubby and daughters. I'm glad you all had a nice time...now I really want to go to Hawaii!!
Thanks! Did you put up any pics of your cruise? I need to check in hi is amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
WOW!!! Julie, so so jealous.. haha.. I will be there before too many more months go by, so it is fantastic seeing your pictures!! Thank you for sharing!!
Soon my friend!! You will love it! Maui for you too, right? I have some suggestions .

Still adjusting to real life. Hard to acclimate to life not in paradise. I have it good here in AZ, so can't complain.

159lbs this morning, after sweet tomatoes for dinner . After what I ate all last week I am relieved to see that. It should've been much worse. Trying a GYCD again, hope I can do it. Hard w/ company visiting.