Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #931
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Jules is just fine, I have a few friends who call me that. I have bought and sold many things through craigslist and people are flakes! Sometimes it is a lovely, reasonable transaction, other times it is really frustrating! i hope the person came! Yucca are nice plants to have!

I was up to 151.6 yesterday after too much indulging Sat night. I sm bsck down to 150.4 w/ just "normal" eating. I hope to get comfortably back into the 140's this week without major sacrifices. I leave in 2 weeks for Hawaii!! i want to practice vacation eating and recovery this week . My hope is that my unexpected stability this round will make it possible to indulge occasionally and still be able to maintain. We shall see...
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #932
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Wow! 2 weeks until Hawaii! You must be coming out of your skin with anticipation. I know I would be! I love to travel but for some reason, I've never longed to leave the mainland of America. I feel like there is plenty to see and do right here. But Hawaii would be a tremendous exception to make.

Have a fabulous day and week, Jules! Happy stabilizing!!
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #933
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I was up to 151.6 yesterday after too much indulging Sat night. I sm bsck down to 150.4 w/ just "normal" eating. I hope to get comfortably back into the 140's this week without major sacrifices. I leave in 2 weeks for Hawaii!! i want to practice vacation eating and recovery this week . My hope is that my unexpected stability this round will make it possible to indulge occasionally and still be able to maintain. We shall see...
Super! So, what is your wt. variance now? 3-4 lbs? or less? It looks like its going pretty well to me. What is "normal" eating for you now? Low carb still? I'm so happy for you
Have a good evening
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #934
Big Yapper!!!!

Debby-that is an excellent question! I guess it is too soon to have a new "normal". so far, most of my good days, I am eating about 1800cals, 60% or more from fat, the rest balanced between carbs and protein. I have been able to enjoy higher carbs than I have in 10 years! I have no limit on the lower end of my range, but I get alarmed when the scale goes into the 150's. if and when it does, I will eat a bit lighter and cleaner until I am back into the 140's.

Cheryl-this will be our first trip to Hi. When I lived in PA, the trip was too cost prohibitive, but from here it isn't that bad. Plus, we all love to swim and the idea of clean clear ocean? I am really looking forward to ti! Back east, we would hit the Caribbean. Your trip to FL would be "normal" vacation options for me back then. But, i get your point and love exploring our own county! We did a lot of nat'l parks this past 2 years, and there a many left to explore! I wish we had more time and money to travel, and to be honest, we are really spoiled already by the amount of travel we get to enjoy! So many of my East coast friends spend thousands of $ to visit the jersey shore for a summer vaca. I can spend that same $ and go to Hi. I love finding deals!

I am wrapping up my last "offficial" week of P4 in a few days. This round I did not lose to my all time low, I did not stick to strict protocol (had hnh in my coffee each morning) did not weigh every day of P2, went camping my 2-4 day of P3, did NO exercise (well, walked 2 days) but no weight training, and focused on fat and actually added more carbs than usual. I have been really surprised by my stability this round, below ldw. Maybe it is just a fluke, maybe I was just "due" a good stabilization, maybe b/c I had gotten to this weight twice before in previous rounds my body "remembers" it? I do not know. But I am learning. I am doing much better with listening to my body, stopping when I'm satisfied or full, and not overreacting to a gain. This is all big progress for me. Am I skinny? Nope. Am I in a healthy weight range for my height? Yep. do I have abnormal fat stores I am still tempted to lose? Yes. Will I go for another hcg round to try? I am not sure, yet. It is tempting, but I have wrestled through the past 3 rounds to be a stable 140 something. I now am, and am really happy about it. I am going to enjoy my HI vacation, eat well and occasionally indulgently and then get back to the gym when I get home. I think I will just enjoy life for a little while, as the last 30 years of my life I have sent trying to lose weight. i am looking forward to enjoying it!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #935
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Julie,
What do you use for the fat? I'm curious what you eat? I think the high fat (healthy fat) really is the key for a lot of people.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #936
Big Yapper!

You're in a good place, Julie. Thirty years of dieting! It's shocking when you look back and see all the struggle that took place. I don't want to look back just yet. I want to enjoy my day! I'm having a nice one and I hope you are too.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #937
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Thanks Julie,
What do you use for the fat? I'm curious what you eat? I think the high fat (healthy fat) really is the key for a lot of people.
My main sources of fat have been pistachios (or other nuts) gy, and cream (heavy) in my morning coffee. I have cheese and butter or mayo as needed, burgers etc., i do not shy away from the fat! So far, so good and very satisfying. I also think it helps my skin, crazy though that sounds. I live in a desert and have really dry skin, and have been much better w/ it lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
You're in a good place, Julie. Thirty years of dieting! It's shocking when you look back and see all the struggle that took place. I don't want to look back just yet. I want to enjoy my day! I'm having a nice one and I hope you are too.
Thanks! And i am glad you are having a good day! enjoy it!!
Old 05-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #938
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah yes, thanks Julie. That rings a bell... somehow I picture you sitting there eating a lb. of bacon. I guess those things add up & fill up as well.

I seem to need the healthy carbs & fiber. But I also add a fair amount of healthy fats & protein, but can't seem to get much fruit in without messing me up (get hunger pangs). Since I added the salt back in my diet, my wt. wants to be at my goal. Don't like that... always have the "socks dent" in my legs. I suppose eventually my body is going to accept it & adjust... for now I just have to ignore it. Problem I have, is remembering that its just water retention when I see that number

Yep, and I've been doing this for 40 yrs.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #939
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Ah yes, thanks Julie. That rings a bell... somehow I picture you sitting there eating a lb. of bacon. I guess those things add up & fill up as well.

I seem to need the healthy carbs & fiber. But I also add a fair amount of healthy fats & protein, but can't seem to get much fruit in without messing me up (get hunger pangs). Since I added the salt back in my diet, my wt. wants to be at my goal. Don't like that... always have the "socks dent" in my legs. I suppose eventually my body is going to accept it & adjust... for now I just have to ignore it. Problem I have, is remembering that its just water retention when I see that number

Yep, and I've been doing this for 40 yrs.
It sounds like the salt balance is a challenge! I hope it settles down for you! The scale messes with our heads! How are you adjusting to maintenance? Is it still a daily struggle? Have you relaxed more? That is what I am looking forward to.

I am down 0.4 overnight, to 149.2 this morning! I had one of my favorite, and formerly only loading meal, yesterday with an old friend for lunch. Chicken lavosh shwarma wrap-delicious!! I peeled off some of the lavosh bread, but ate the whole wrap! Then, later, dh wanted pizza for dinner (finally found a good local place for GF). Got a regular one for my dd and had a piece, plus toppings from dd's pizza, made a yummy spinach salad w/gorgonzola and balsamuc dressing too. We even rode bikes to the mall (about 3 miles total). And i am down a bit! very odd round! The gluten is making my tummy gurgle, but I had starch twice w/ no gain? I didn't totally overdo it, but cals were around 2000, so I did not go light either! and, my temp was 98.1 last night and this morning!!
Old 05-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #940
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Maintenance has been going very smoothly. I just eat basically the same (unless I'm trying a new diet). Adding the salt put water wt. on, I'm sure it will eventually ease off. The only time I have problems is when I add too much fruit. So my body does better on lower carb I guess.
I feel fantastic physically, but with the loss of Shelby-I'm just not up to snuff emotionally, which has deflated my motivation to exercise. I'm hoping to turn that around soon.
I'm glad you're able to eat more starch. I don't dare (for health's sake) eat gluten, and partaking in sugar has proved to defeat me in past maintenance experiences, so I just don't go there. Its kind of like taking that first cigarette...
Good job on the biking! Sounds so fun! Have a blessed day!
Old 05-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #941
Big Yapper!

KUTGW, Julie! Debby, I'm sorry losing Shelby is affecting your motivation to work out. She was such a great companion. I wish you could have her back with you again. Her love remains with you and I hope you can feel it.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #942
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl, I did get my elliptical & push-ups done.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #943
Big Yapper!

Proud of you!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:10 AM   #944
Big Yapper!!!!

Debby-i know it can be hard to get and stay motivated, esp grieving . Good for you!! I am glad maintenance is going well for you!!

Cheryl-hope you slept well after a full day!!

I had high cals and lower carb yesterday, and am in range but up a tad to 149.6. No biggie! I am officially not in an hcg phase now! Bring on real maintenance! I leave for HI in 10 days! Dd(12) was commenting yesterday that she hopes this trip lives up to my expectations. i suppose it is possible I am over anticipating this trip? I tend to overplan and pre-think all the fun that is to come. That is part of the fun for me, the planning and anticipating. Once I am there I will relax and just enjoy the beauty, the ocean, my family etc. im rearranging $ on our 2 credit cards so we won't be using the debit card much, etc. fun to get ready!
Old 05-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #945
Big Yapper!

Julie, things rarely ever do live up to our expectations in life. Don't you find that to be true? However, I know you give God all the glory for when things go according to plan so I'm sure you will be happy no matter what occurs. When we look at things through the "God is blessing me lens", even pitfalls seem a little less of a drag.

I am a major planner, too! That really IS a lot of the fun. Why wait until you get to HI when you can start to enjoy it a month or more in advance? That's how I am too. But that's when things in real life pale in comparison. I know in my heart you're going to have an amazing experience there and that it will be very close to what you hope it will be.

Ten days are going to go by in a blink. How long will you be there? I forgot that part.

Have a fabulous day today.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #946
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You won't be disappointed. Hawaii is really great the first time you go. What island are you going to?

Thanks Julie, I just can't seem to get over the "walking outside" thing... it feels so alone. I live in the country, its gorgeous here. But I'm thinking I need to go to town to walk now, to disassociate it from Shelby.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:59 AM   #947
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks for your enthusiasm for my HI trip!! I leave in 9 days! Fr 10 days total-7 in maui and 3 in Oahu. We plan to snorkel in maui, have a luau booked, vow renewal and will drive the road to hana for some waterfalls. Not aure if we will do a zipline, surfing lessons or a boat snorkel cruise there, but think 1 more excursion will be done. I bought a groupon yesterday for a snorkel cruise in oahu snd booked that! Less than half off we will do Pearl Harobor in Oahu too. I hope there will be plenty of down time around the activites too!

On a different and troubling note, my niece in PA overdosed Thurs. night. Se was on a ventilator for 24 hours in ICU. She is now off the ventilator - praise God! There will still be hard things ahead, but I am so thankful for the progress. Please pray for her if you think of it. I didn't want to share this on the main threads, but know you guys will pray. I don't have much other info, but she has always been a cheerful hapoy girl. She's 15, and some of her FB posts have made me wonder who she has been hanging around. But, you just never know!
Old 05-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #948
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lord Jesus please touch this little girl, fill her with your love , healing & presence. Minister to her spirit, show her the way to walk. In Jesus name, amen.

Your trip sounds busy! There will be opportunities presented to you as you just tour around too.. Hope you find rest as well! Wow!
Old 05-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #949
Big Yapper!

Wow, Julie. I'm sorry to hear that about your niece. I wonder what she OD'd on. Do you know? She's so young! I was a very troubled youth and got into all the wrong things, hung with the wrong people (but the only ones I felt comfortable or accepted by) and the rest is history (literally.) There but for the Grace of God go I. I hope she learns a very valuable lesson and I will pray for her. I hope they find out what is behind the incident and that she learns new ways of being in that vulnerable stage in life.

Your trip sounds simply fantastic, and I agree with you. You need to find time to actually RELAX while you're there and just take it all in. Too many things can turn a vacation into a stressful marathon. The snorkeling cruise sounds like my kind of thing. I hope you looked into those "disposable cameras" that are waterproof. We definitely want pics of what you see while snorkeling.

Pearl Harbor must be an incredible thing to experience. Can't imagine what it must have been like when it happened. I guess it was meant to be because it brought us into the war and we saved the Jews who were on death row. If Hitler got his way, there would have been none left in Germany.

Debby, I hope that someday soon, you can enjoy walking around your area again. Shelby lives on in you.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #950
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks ladies! She is awake and sitting up now, even talking. It will be a long road for her, and I haven't heard if there is any permanent damage or not. I am so disappointed and upset. I can not imagine what is so awful as to actually write suicied letters and OD. I havent heard what she took, but heard she had a depression issue last year. Not sure what that means, and I don't want to add to their grief by asking any questions. She clearly planned the suicide attempt. I will continue to pray, support and encourage them as much as I can. I hope they can spend more time with her (she is home alone too much, or w/ my 15yo nephew who she doesn't really like). Clearly a cry for attention and help and I hope actual changes in their lives take place. I am sure she will be seeing a psychiatrist, but I don't have lots of confidence in them. So sad! I hope her mom, who she's pretty close with, can spend time off from work to really get to know her better and encourage her.

Makes me want to hug my girls even tighter. I told dd(12) that I would not let her go back to school now, she had to stay by my side all of her days. I was only half joking! I am doing what I can to train my girls in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, to make sure they know Who made them and saved them and how much He loves them. They both seem to have a genuine faith in Him and want to love their lives for Him. Home schooling them certainly has it's advantages. They are with me all the time, so I know what they do. I fear for this whole generation!
Old 05-14-2013, 08:06 AM   #951
Big Yapper!!!!

I am sorry I have been mia! Crazy busy weekend and emotional! Ate out a LOT, am up to the top of my window and above my preferred decade (151.6) but hope some home time will help with that. Maybe a CD? I am trying not to do that, and hope clean (lower carb and cal) will help. We'll see. 6 days until HI and I am running out of time to get ready. I can't believe it's almost here! .

Savannah is on the regular floor in the hospital, off the iv, eating regular food, and has agreed to go to an in patient treatment program. I still don't know all the particulars, and don't need to. Just praying and trusting Him to restore and get a hold of her. Thank you for the prayers.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #952
Big Yapper!!!!

Sorry for lack of personals, dd(12) will be getting her hip procedure tomorrow morning. I am excited (that she's finally getting it down and it will be before our Hawaii trip!) but of course nervous as they'll be putting her under iv sedation. Your prayers are appreciated! Thanks!
Old 05-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #953
Big Yapper!

I love the name Savannah. The town, as well. I'm sorry she was trying to take her life, but if she and the other teen boy are left at home alone a lot, I hate to say it but maybe things are going on that shouldn't be. I once knew of the most happy, care-free little girl named Shannon. Overnight she became bitter, defensive; deadened. I never knew what happened to her but I suspect she was raped by at least one teenage boy.

At the time, her Mother (my long-time friend) was in a separation from their father and my friend was going out and drinking all night long at the bars with new friends. I am afraid that with all that unsupervised time, poor Shannon was violated. She had an older brother and he had friends. I wish I had taken the time to ask her in a private way. I miss the little cheerful girl she used to be.

Bullying and peer pressure on the school kids are a huge thing. I hope you do continue to home school your girls. Children can be so cruel. If it has worked for you all this time, and if they are happy to continue the way they have been, I wouldn't upset the apple cart.

But on a better note, less than a week to Hawaii!!! Are you pretty much packed? You must be filled with butterflies in your belly. Sorry for the 150's but it's bound to happen during Hawaii so just don't let it get too out of hand and do damage control when you come home. Relax and enjoy, honey. Sweat the small stuff later on.

Last edited by CherylB; 05-14-2013 at 06:36 PM..
Old 05-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #954
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Sorry for lack of personals, dd(12) will be getting her hip procedure tomorrow morning. I am excited (that she's finally getting it down and it will be before our Hawaii trip!) but of course nervous as they'll be putting her under iv sedation. Your prayers are appreciated! Thanks!
Oh? I guess I missed where you said they found what was wrong... or did they? What are they doing to her hip? Praying it goes well!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #955
Big Yapper!

OMG! I totally missed that part, too. Julie, you never told us she was having any kind of procedure that involved iv sedation. Please tell us what's going on so we can get up to speed.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #956
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks for praying ladies! Did I not post about finally seeing the pediatric rheumatologist last week? They officially diagnosed her with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Today they did a long lasting steroid injection directly into the hip joint. They planned to aspirate and test the fluid, but there wasn't any left. That was good! So, the steroid should help her feel better, and it's still 5 days until HI, so she should be feeling good by Mon morning! she did great and is a bit sleepy and dizzy today, but will be fine.

Savannah is on the regular floor in the hospital and will likely be released tomorrow. They are putting her in an inpatient program and will see how she does after that. I would love her mom to take the summer off and spend more time with her. I offered for her to come and spend the summer out here with us so she would be supvised. We'll see how it goes.

Off to launder and pre-pack some stuff for hi.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #957
Big Yapper!

OMG, Julie! What a thing to forget to post about. I'm glad they found out what it is and now hopefully they can treat her effectively. And I hope she can still enjoy the things she loves to do with proper treatment.

I'm pretty tired after my week of work and tonight I watched the last American Idol and did my voting and now I need to get off this computer. I'm so happy to have 3 days off now and the weather is supposed to be pretty nice. Whatever it does outside, I'll find a way to enjoy my day inside! My part time job has taken a much larger chunk out of my existence than I ever could have imagined it would.

It's all for a good cause, though. Night, Julie! God bless yous.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #958
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's great Julie, Glad they figured out how to help her. Hope it works really well. Just in time for Hawaii.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #959
Big Yapper!

Hawaii!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #960
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks girls! She's doing great this morning! I'm so happy! She's been limping and in pain for over 3 moths and finally, this morning, she can walk w/o pain!! Amazing! God is so good! She has a small twinge where the needle went in, but that'll pass.

Cheryl-hope you enjoy a nice break and some good weather. Rest and recharge!

Debby-hope you're enjoying spring and doing well!

I'm up to 151 today, but we ate out again yesterday and I really overdid It (bread!) I am not going to cd, but just eat a bit lighter. It'll come back down. still in window, but the wrong decade for my liking.