Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 10:31 PM   #871
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hehehee Yep, I buy no-salt tortilla chips... & not salted tops crackers... even my dh is used to eating unsalted foods, so much that when we eat out he's thinking everything is too salty.

Thanks for the explanation on the foods. I bought GY last week, ate it on those EFGT days, need to figure out how to use it up now.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2013, 08:11 AM   #872
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Debby-I'm sure when you were transitioning off of the salt it was quite an adjustment. Growing up my dad was a diabetic and we didn't have much salt in things. I do remember meals growing up as really bland, but as a kid what do you know? You'll enjoy adding some back in, and I bet dh will too! GY!! I'd just have a small serving each day and factor it in. I love it w/ a little splenda and strawberries. In fact, I think I'll go have some for breakfast!

Well, I'm up 0.4 to 146.8 this morning!! Still 3lbs below LDW and happy!! I came in at 2180cals yesterday 60% fat, 25% protein and 13% carbs (2% sugar alcohols). That's a lot for one day and I has NSA ice cream for a mid-day treat! I am happy!! I would love to stick this number. In looking back over these 2 weeks of P3, except for my weekend camping trip and last Sat's indulgence in cashews, I've been around 147 the whole time!! I am so thrilled!! This is very a-typical P3 for me!! I'm running w. it!!

We're heading to the zoo today. High today of 74 and a lovely breeze is blowing. Should be a beautiful day!! Packing lunch b/c I'm cheap and trying to keep things healthy. Have a great day all!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #873
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I'm seeing more and more new smileys around here! Where are they coming from? I want some new ones, too! Can you share where you're finding them?

Majorly thrilled for you, Julie!!! And what pleasant temps you have today! I am in heaven in the upper 60's and 70's. Have fun at the zoo. Are you taking a camera? Please do! You know how I love pics.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #874
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Funny, you'd think we would like it, but it kind of wrecks the taste of food, once you're used to the real flavors.

Cheryl, don't you get the smiley's on the right hand side of your screen when you type a reply? If not, you need to change your settings for it in your personal settings. the bee... is : newbie : with no spaces. Enjoy!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:58 PM   #875
Big Yapper!

I see the icons when I click "go advanced." I just had no idea that they'd added new smileys this week. (or whenever they did it.) Can't figure out when you'd ever need to use a bee, though!

If you really have grown to like food without salt, can't you just take a sodium pill or soak in a tub with epsom salts once in a while? Not sure why you feel you are deficient in salt if your labs don't show that you are. ?

Last edited by CherylB; 04-17-2013 at 08:05 PM..
Old 04-17-2013, 08:23 PM   #876
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I see the icons when I click "go advanced." I just had no idea that they'd added new smileys this week. (or whenever they did it.) Can't figure out when you'd ever need to use a bee, though!

If you really have grown to like food without salt, can't you just take a sodium pill or soak in a tub with epsom salts once in a while? Not sure why you feel you are deficient in salt if your labs don't show that you are. ?
I have never had salt labs... they just told me it would help my health, because its not good to go without salt. It may be why I retain water... apparently proper salt helps that. Might as well get real salt.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:04 AM   #877
Big Yapper!!!!

Debby-really ironic that they're recommending more salt to prevent water retention. So many have to watch their sodium intake for that same reason. Another example of that whole balancing act our bodies require.

Cheryl-hope you got some rest after your full day yesterday!!

I had a busy day yesterday myself. Work up really tired for some reason, went to the zoo which has a LOT of walking. I was so tired all day. And TOM arrived early - yay! I had real froyo after the zoo (sugar) then dh wanted to eat dinner at Texas Roadhouse. I was "good" and did LC but too much food overall (2400cals +) and am up 1.2lbs this morining to 148.2lbs. Not worried a bit as I'm still 1.8 under LDW and w. TOM and that exercise yesterday I'm sure clean eating will get me back where I'd like to be.

It's the end of week 2 of P3 for me. I've pretty much stabilized around 147-148 most days. Even w. eating some sugar and lots of cals, mostly fat. I'm really pleased with that and encouraged that my body may be accepting this weight. I'd be really happy to stabilize here. I'm encouraged that I'll be able to dabble in sugar and starch and not gain 5lbs each time. We'll see. But so far, so good.

I hope you all have a great day!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #878
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah Cheryl, go figure huh?! (salt)

I'm so happy for you stabilizing & adjusting your diet. How long do you stay on this stage? What's next? So interesting!
Old 04-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #879
Big Yapper!

You're doing it, honey! We're so proud of you. I hope you get a good nights rest after having such a low-energy day. Maybe just being run-down caused the slight bump on the scale. I completely believe in the necessity of sleep. So get yourself a great rest!
Old 04-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #880
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Cheryl-I did get a good night's sleep. I am back to my women's vitamins and supplemental iron, which I think is helping too. Whatever the cause, I'm feeling pretty good today!

I'm in my third week of P3. Which (Debby) is the 3 weeks when you're working to stabilize the weight you achieved w. the hhcg weight loss phase. You're supposed to not eat sugar or starch during this 3 week phase so your weight doesn't bump up. Once you're "stable" you move on to the next phase, which is where you re-introduce (or for me, introduce) sugars and starches and continues to stay +/- 2lbs from the weight you achieved through the hhcg part.

I'm happy to report that I'm back down to 146.8 today. It *seems* my body likes it here? I've been here more days than not this week. I'm quite pleased w. that. That's 3lbs below the weight I achieved on the low cal portion. I had a large serving of real froyo (you may be noticing a pattern here. It's my vice of choice ). And I had it late enough in the day that I was still full at dinner time, so I skipped it. I did have a latte (breve) later in the evening but had this nice sense of fullness all day. I came in at 1524 cals, 51% fat, 28% protein, 21% carbs for the day, which is lower fat and more like what I plan to do when I have a higher carb day (P4?). I am down the 1.4 lbs I gained the previous day. I'm quite happy with that! . I am beginning to believe that I could actually stabilize here. That would be a lovely surprise!

We've got a quiet weekend planned for a change! Should be nice to just hang out together! The weather is warming up, supposed to hit 90! Heading to my mom's later to swim.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #881
Big Yapper!

Hope you have a good time at Mom's. Enjoy your relaxing weekend with the family. And keep on doing what you're doing, darling!
Old 04-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #882
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Cheryl! And congrats on journal #3!!

Had a fun day. Mom's pool was closed for refurbishment I thought it was already nice? Oh well, we'll swim another time .

Well, as I entered P4 a bit early, I enjoyed that cupcake yesterday and a Cadbury caramel egg (not sure what possessed me!!) and we had dinner at Paradise Bakery(a lot like Pandera if you're more familiar w. that). Had my fave a yummy SW Chicken ceasar salad, the small size though . I am up a bit today, but still almost 2lbs under LDW!! That's quite a coup for me!! I'm planning to eat more cleanly (read that LC) today, but it is Sat so I may be eating out some and not quite sure where yet. But, I have to say, I am thrilled w. this P3!! I've never had one like this where I stabilize UNDER LDW!! I am even under after having a real cupcake - that's sugar and starch!! But really happy!!

I hope you all have a great weekend!! :up
Old 04-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #883
Big Yapper!

I'm truly thrilled for you, Julie! You deserve this success. You've earned it and you should be able to enjoy the 140's for the rest of your life. Sorry about Mom's pool being closed. Better luck next time!

Have a great weekend, honey.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #884
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Julie,
So, please educate me on this p4... what are your ratio's for this phase? Sounds like your carbs go up... That's a good thing!

I'm narrowing down my maintenance a bit better (I think)... I need more protein than EFGT & more carbs (clean); and I'm now partaking of more salt, and some dairy again. We'll see... also started jog-walking. Nice to see that the body can become stronger & take on bigger challenges gradually.

Hope you have a great week end!
Blessings,
Debby
Old 04-21-2013, 08:20 AM   #885
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hi Julie,
So, please educate me on this p4... what are your ratio's for this phase? Sounds like your carbs go up... That's a good thing!

I'm narrowing down my maintenance a bit better (I think)... I need more protein than EFGT & more carbs (clean); and I'm now partaking of more salt, and some dairy again. We'll see... also started jog-walking. Nice to see that the body can become stronger & take on bigger challenges gradually.

Hope you have a great week end!
Blessings,
Debby
P4 is where you re-introduce carbs (starches and sugars) back to your diet and hope to stick to that LDW (weight you ended the round). It's tricky for a long term LCer like me who can gain 5lbs in a day. But, for lifestyle maintenance it's a good pursuit. I'm supposed to wait a few more days to do it, but got excited at my stability and am dabbling early. You're wise to listen to your body and add things slowly. You're doing great!! And on the increased exercise. I haven't been brave enough to add it back yet. In fact, I'm kind of sluggish these days. I'm maintaining so well I'm afraid to add it back. Even though I know it's not "real" weight gain, it messes w. the scale and my head, and I do actually get bigger. Which I'm not looking for right now. To work hard to get bigger? Not for me. I know eventually I'll go back to the gym, but for now I'm happy w.o. it. .

Cheryl-my puppy was just chasing his tail and caught it! You'd really enjoy watching him! He's a riot! Having a lovely weekend. Hope you are enjoying that Spring dirt digging. So rewarding and grounding, isn't it?

I'm down to 147.4 today, which is smack dab in the middle of where I've been stabilizing this round. I'm 2.4 under LDW, which works for me I ate a bit lighter yesterday (1700cals) and higher carb (real froyo) so I'm happy ! Hope to have a good day at church, being w. the Body! Have a great Sunday!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #886
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's great Julie,
So, will you be adding real sugar too? or healthy carbs?
As for exercise making you gain... maybe just start off with baby steps? 15 minute walk... then twice a day, etc. Works for me!
Old 04-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #887
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nursej10580
Stats: 32 y.o. 5'8" 240/170.9/155
WOE: HCG/LC/JUDDD
Start Date: R1-05/ '11, R2-8/'11, R3-8/'12, R4 3/'13, R5 1/'14
Hi Julie Hope you had a good Sunday at church ! I know I really enjoyed my church services this morning and was so thankful I got to go even with having to work for a few hours first thing this morning. So I'm almost at P3 and I'm trying hard to plan so that P3 will actually help me stabilize this time. The first round I did.. I stabilized at LDW with no effort or correction days required.. then as I went into P4.. I had a bad breakup with the boy and everything fell apart. I couldn't seem to keep the weight stabilized and thus has followed this subsequent rounds of P2. Besides the first round I"ve struggled the last two rounds (this is round 4 for me of P2 currently) and I felt like all I did was correction day after correction day & especially by the end of my last p3.. it was the correction days weren't even effective anymore. So I've been reading through your blog and it seems what you're doing this P3 is working great for you? Which plan exactly are you following? I'm just curious because I was also considering JUDDD as an option to hopefully stabilize my weight this time? Thanks!
~Jenny
nursej10580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #888
Big Yapper!

Julie, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. You know that's the truth so just keep doing what you're doing. I wouldn't even rush the adding in starches and sugars if you're happy and successful with what you're eating right now. Beside; haven't you already been dabbling in sugars? Hasn't hurt you any so maybe it's the starches you should hold off on for a while more.

Yes, gardening is "grounding." I love puns. I need to move the Hydrangea that I transplanted and put it where the landlady prefers. I planted it in an area that she backs up her little tractor into the woods to dump her debris. I've never seen her do that so I had no idea. No big deal cause it's still unsettled where I put it. It's going to be in the middle of the back yard with a rubberized circular gardening thing around it, which makes it easy to mow around. Even better!

That's cute about your puppy. Is he a chronic tail chaser? I know some dogs just spin and spin and can't seem to stop. I hope he's just having a little fun now and then. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Julie.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #889
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
That's great Julie,
So, will you be adding real sugar too? or healthy carbs?
As for exercise making you gain... maybe just start off with baby steps? 15 minute walk... then twice a day, etc. Works for me!
Yes, walking will be the first exercise I add back in. I'll be swimming and snorkeling a lot in Maui . I've already dabbled in sugar and a bit of starch (cupcake) and today I had a few of dd's french fries. I'll be adding in more starchy veggies and more regular sugar eventually. I'd like to see what I can add before I leave for vacation. We'll see, but so far, so good .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursej10580 View Post
Hi Julie Hope you had a good Sunday at church ! I know I really enjoyed my church services this morning and was so thankful I got to go even with having to work for a few hours first thing this morning. So I'm almost at P3 and I'm trying hard to plan so that P3 will actually help me stabilize this time. The first round I did.. I stabilized at LDW with no effort or correction days required.. then as I went into P4.. I had a bad breakup with the boy and everything fell apart. I couldn't seem to keep the weight stabilized and thus has followed this subsequent rounds of P2. Besides the first round I"ve struggled the last two rounds (this is round 4 for me of P2 currently) and I felt like all I did was correction day after correction day & especially by the end of my last p3.. it was the correction days weren't even effective anymore. So I've been reading through your blog and it seems what you're doing this P3 is working great for you? Which plan exactly are you following? I'm just curious because I was also considering JUDDD as an option to hopefully stabilize my weight this time? Thanks!
~Jenny
Jenny-glad you stopped by. Well, if you've read my blog, you've learned that I don't have any valuable advice! I too have done repeat rounds to get to goal, and then back to goal, and then back again to goal!! Now, this third goal round only got me down to 149.8lbs, but for some wonderful reason my body has chosen to stabilize below LDW (first.time.ever!!) around 147. I have learned, like you, that CDs aren't always effective. The exercise thing seems to be a big impact for me. I tried JUDDD, but it didn't work for me. Works really well for many though. My "plan" is high fat, low(ish) carb and moderate protein. So far, so good. I think what I've learned is that each round is different, and each of us is very different. I've been coming in around 1800+cals a day and shoot for 60%+fat a day. I enjoy greek yogurt daily and heavy cream in my coffee. Please stop in again. How long until you're in P3? Hope it goes well for you!!

Quote:
Julie, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. You know that's the truth so just keep doing what you're doing. I wouldn't even rush the adding in starches and sugars if you're happy and successful with what you're eating right now. Beside; haven't you already been dabbling in sugars? Hasn't hurt you any so maybe it's the starches you should hold off on for a while more.

Yes, gardening is "grounding." I love puns. I need to move the Hydrangea that I transplanted and put it where the landlady prefers. I planted it in an area that she backs up her little tractor into the woods to dump her debris. I've never seen her do that so I had no idea. No big deal cause it's still unsettled where I put it. It's going to be in the middle of the back yard with a rubberized circular gardening thing around it, which makes it easy to mow around. Even better!

That's cute about your puppy. Is he a chronic tail chaser? I know some dogs just spin and spin and can't seem to stop. I hope he's just having a little fun now and then. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Julie.
Yes, so far, so good. I've been pushing it a bit today. But I guess that's how I roll . I miss my lovely hydrangea plants back in PA. They don't do well out here. But, my roses are very successful out here in AZ. I have dabbled w/ sugars and am enjoying it immensely!! I'm trying not to overdo it, but am enjoying feeling a bit more free! Hope you're enjoyoing your weekend!
Old 04-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #890
Big Yapper!

Yes, I'm enjoying it by being a slug. Tomorrow is a work day. Wish me luck with that lack of "umph" I experience from time to time. I'm hoping I may have found a link to why it happens some days and doesn't happen on others. Got a little experiment going.

Enjoy your roses! I love the kind that smell good. What color are yours?
Old 04-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #891
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like a good plan Julie!
G'nite!
Old 04-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #892
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, yesterday's experiment went well. We went to Freddy's for lunch, which is a great little burger place with the best shoestring french fries and real frozen custard. Temptation city! I had my bunless cheeseburger w/ bacon, which was really delicious! I did have a few handfuls of fries. They're so good
, dh came and took the rest away from me (very sacrificial). I had a few bites of dd's custard. It really was a tasty lunch! Then later, since I was pretty full from lunch and felt like I was a bit deprived not having all the custard, I had some Clemmy's NSA choc ice cream at home. Also good. For dinner since i wasn't hungry enough for a real dinner, I had some chocolate covered almonds (I figured I'd be doing a cd today so might as well have what I wanted!). I put it all in my calorie tracker and came in around 1800+ cals, almost 60% fat, 20% carbs, and 16% protein. Not too far off from a normal day.

And today I am 146.6!!! That's really amazing! I'm definitely in P4, had starch and sugar yesterday, and I'm stable? woohoo! Definitely happy to see that this morning!

So, that's today's update. So far, so good! Hope you're all having a good day.

Cheryl-hope your day at the farm went well, with good energy and stamina the whole day!

Debby- hope you slept well and are off to a good start this week
Old 04-22-2013, 07:54 AM   #893
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds terrific Julie,
We also had a good Sunday. I'm up today for some reason... probably sore muscles, since they're sore.

I posted some pics of my grand-kiddo's at the farm yesterday.

Have a great Monday!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #894
Big Yapper!

That's WONDERFUL!!!
You've found your "sweet spot." (Didn't intend to do a pun, but it came out never-the-less.)

So the key for you is moderation and having someone who cares take the food away before you get the chance to over-do it.
Simple enough! Just don't go out to eat unless you have DH with you.

Seriously Psyched for you, my friend. Hawaii, here you come!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snorkeling with turtle.jpg (41.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 04-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #895
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Wow Julie, fantastic!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #896
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Well, yesterday's experiment went well. We went to Freddy's for lunch, which is a great little burger place with the best shoestring french fries and real frozen custard. Temptation city! I had my bunless cheeseburger w/ bacon, which was really delicious! I did have a few handfuls of fries. They're so good
, dh came and took the rest away from me (very sacrificial). I had a few bites of dd's custard. It really was a tasty lunch! Then later, since I was pretty full from lunch and felt like I was a bit deprived not having all the custard, I had some Clemmy's NSA choc ice cream at home. Also good. For dinner since i wasn't hungry enough for a real dinner, I had some chocolate covered almonds (I figured I'd be doing a cd today so might as well have what I wanted!). I put it all in my calorie tracker and came in around 1800+ cals, almost 60% fat, 20% carbs, and 16% protein. Not too far off from a normal day.

And today I am 146.6!!! That's really amazing! I'm definitely in P4, had starch and sugar yesterday, and I'm stable? woohoo! Definitely happy to see that this morning!

So, that's today's update. So far, so good! Hope you're all having a good day.

Cheryl-hope your day at the farm went well, with good energy and stamina the whole day!

Debby- hope you slept well and are off to a good start this week
Hi Julie I love reading your blog & I'm so happy for you that you're stabilizing these past couple weeks!!!!! So excited for you! I'm on VLCD 35. Well I guess I consider it that even though this is actually day 4 of my Fat fast lol. I started the fat fast on friday 4/19 at 165 and as of this morning I'm down 6.2 lbs to 158.8??!! I couldn't believe it!! I really wanted to get down to at least 155 which was my LDW from last round. I'm 5'8" and although 155 is ok for my height.. I'd definitely love to be at 150 or below to give me some room to play around with you know? lol I'm definitely a little nervous again about going into P3 just because of the big headache it's been the last couple rounds. So hoping I don't gain anything when i weigh in the morning. I'm hoping to at least maintain this loss! I'm just trying to decide when to actually move in to P3. Like I said I wanted to get at least to 155 but my drops may run out on me before then Thank you so much for your encouragement though! I really wish I'd found this blog 3 rounds ago lol! It's definitely been what's gotten me through this round which has been so difficult and frustrating due to extremely slow losses on VLCD.

~Jenny
Old 04-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #897
Big Yapper!!!!

Debby-thanks! Loved the pics from your "farm" .

Quote:
That's WONDERFUL!!!
You've found your "sweet spot." (Didn't intend to do a pun, but it came out never-the-less.)

So the key for you is moderation and having someone who cares take the food away before you get the chance to over-do it.
Simple enough! Just don't go out to eat unless you have DH with you.

Seriously Psyched for you, my friend. Hawaii, here you come!
yes, dh is very supportive of my weight goals . He's able to eat so much more than me, and then he complains about his spare tire. He's watched me work at this for years, he himself had lost a lot of weight after I found Atkins. But he's able to get away with a lot, and some basic exercise will get him where he'd like to be, but he's not ready to commit to that yet. He looks good, but wants to be happy w/o his shirt on. Considering we leave in 3.5 weeks for Hawaii, it's unlikely to happen now.
Thanks for that pic, btw. We're trying to figure out how best (read that cheaply) to get some underwater snorkel pictures. I'm leaning toward an inexpensive case for our old digital camera. Dd really wants to see a turtle, she's pretty obsessed with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Wow Julie, fantastic!!!
Thanks Deb! I hope your round is fat and you'll stabilize well too!
This has certainly been my best P3 yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursej10580 View Post
Hi Julie I love reading your blog & I'm so happy for you that you're stabilizing these past couple weeks!!!!! So excited for you! I'm on VLCD 35. Well I guess I consider it that even though this is actually day 4 of my Fat fast lol. I started the fat fast on friday 4/19 at 165 and as of this morning I'm down 6.2 lbs to 158.8??!! I couldn't believe it!! I really wanted to get down to at least 155 which was my LDW from last round. I'm 5'8" and although 155 is ok for my height.. I'd definitely love to be at 150 or below to give me some room to play around with you know? lol I'm definitely a little nervous again about going into P3 just because of the big headache it's been the last couple rounds. So hoping I don't gain anything when i weigh in the morning. I'm hoping to at least maintain this loss! I'm just trying to decide when to actually move in to P3. Like I said I wanted to get at least to 155 but my drops may run out on me before then Thank you so much for your encouragement though! I really wish I'd found this blog 3 rounds ago lol! It's definitely been what's gotten me through this round which has been so difficult and frustrating due to extremely slow losses on VLCD.

~Jenny
Wow! We have a lot in common! I lose very slowly and have redone a few rounds too. I've toyed w the ff, but haven't done it yet. That's a great drop for this late in your round! I ended my round above my previous LDWs, but am stabilizing under my LDW. I wonder if my previous LDWs are helping with that? I hope you're able to go as long as you'd like, but I guess running out of drops is a pretty solid indication you're "done" . I wish you solid stabilization and happy transitioning! You're doing great! I hope you stick around. It's so nice having you here .

I'm up 0.2 to 147.8 today, so I'm exactly 2 lbs under LDW. but . I'm really happy, but not sure why it's going this well. I'm not arguing, just trying to understand it.

We'll see, 1 day at a time. So happy so far, but I do feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I know each round is different and our bodies are all different, but is it even possible, FOR ME, that my body could choose to weigh in the 140's? Kind of rocking my whole world. I weighed 272lbs when I finally got on the scale before starting Atkins almost 10 years ago. My size 26 clothing was getting tight! and now I may actually be able to be a "normal" size, to be in the healthy weight range for my height, and wear single digit clothing sizes. I am still padded, and I could certainly still find 10-15 lbs of "abnormal" fat to still lose, but I don't think I will. There is a tiny part of me that considers a pure vanity round some time later to see how thin I could get, if I could get into the 130's some day. I think part of that mentality is the constant dieting mentality I've had for 20+years. It's never enough. I could always be thinner. I guess when I get down to the psychology of it, I'm never quite satisfied. I'll be mulling this over for a while. But, for now, I'm going just breathe and enjoy stabilizing.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #898
Big Yapper!

I think you can buy "disposable cameras" that are waterproof to a certain depth. Since you won't be diving, that might work out just fine. I just googled that exact phrase and up popped a bunch of them! I only see 35mm ones but you might find a digital one if that's your preference. Check it out!

You hope Deb's round is fat?

NO! You are not going to do a vanity round. Your body likes it right where you are. Do you want to go through that down-up-down stuff again? You look amazing and your body likes this weight. Don't push it, sister! You're "there" and be happy and thankful and just love the body you now have. Tone it with things like Pilate's or yoga or something. Then you'll lose inches and firm up. But please don't even think about 10 or 15 more lbs. Banish the thought! They come from you-know-who. The Tempter! Send him back where he belongs. You know how.

And you're more than welcome for the picture. It was fun "shopping" for one.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #899
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post

Wow! We have a lot in common! I lose very slowly and have redone a few rounds too. I've toyed w the ff, but haven't done it yet. That's a great drop for this late in your round! I ended my round above my previous LDWs, but am stabilizing under my LDW. I wonder if my previous LDWs are helping with that? I hope you're able to go as long as you'd like, but I guess running out of drops is a pretty solid indication you're "done" . I wish you solid stabilization and happy transitioning! You're doing great! I hope you stick around. It's so nice having you here .

I'm up 0.2 to 147.8 today, so I'm exactly 2 lbs under LDW. but . I'm really happy, but not sure why it's going this well. I'm not arguing, just trying to understand it.

We'll see, 1 day at a time. So happy so far, but I do feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I know each round is different and our bodies are all different, but is it even possible, FOR ME, that my body could choose to weigh in the 140's? Kind of rocking my whole world. I weighed 272lbs when I finally got on the scale before starting Atkins almost 10 years ago. My size 26 clothing was getting tight! and now I may actually be able to be a "normal" size, to be in the healthy weight range for my height, and wear single digit clothing sizes. I am still padded, and I could certainly still find 10-15 lbs of "abnormal" fat to still lose, but I don't think I will. There is a tiny part of me that considers a pure vanity round some time later to see how thin I could get, if I could get into the 130's some day. I think part of that mentality is the constant dieting mentality I've had for 20+years. It's never enough. I could always be thinner. I guess when I get down to the psychology of it, I'm never quite satisfied. I'll be mulling this over for a while. But, for now, I'm going just breathe and enjoy stabilizing.
Hi Julie Yes it does seem like we have a lot in common I've been overweight my whole life. I was the chubby kid, teenager, young adult etc lol. (I'm 32 now ) So in 2008 I did the whole LC & exercise thing and went from a tight size 18/20 (I'm 5'8" and definitely too big for me lol) to an 8. Not sure of exact pounds lost prob right around 70 since that was about what I got when I actually started weighing myself a month into dieting. So I'd kept the weight off since then but was still struggling to lose those last ~20 lbs. It seemed like nothing was working. Then spring/summer 2011 I discovered hHCG and lost that weight. Then I met this guy, seemed that he was "the one" and were making plans to get married. Then all of a sudden he says he's not ready ( he was a widower) and broke it off. Then he showed up a month later with another girl & fast forward to now & he's engaged to the third girl since me. So I'd been maintaining without any difficulty on P3 until that and then ended up gaining back about 10-12 lbs of what I'd lost. I did another round of P2 in the fall and lost the weight again. I struggled then to maintain in P3 but dug in and just did my multiple multiple correction days lol even though it was extremely frustrating! Then in Feb 2012 my dad died suddenly and I just couldn't deal with the diet struggle on top of that. God was good to me though & somehow even though I didn't eat crazy but also didn't monitor daily weights. My clothes fit exactly the same and I didn't start seeing a weight gain until August of 2012. Then I'd gained about 12-15 lbs back from first of the year. So I ended up again in P2 I again lost the weight and even a little lower than the previous time but it was the most difficult P3 I'd ever had! I tried to follow P3 rules but it didn't matter what I did I was pretty much guaranteed to need a correction day every other day! So I thought maybe I'd do something different & tried weight watchers to maintain. Totally didn't work lol !!! not at all By the time I admitted I needed an intervention lol I was almost 20lbs over LDW So back on P2 this time in mid March 2013 and now in conjunction with fat fast this past week. I'm back to my LDW from last round .. well actually a few pounds above but the window ;-) As I'd said before I'd really like to lose another 8-10 just to give me some more freedom but 158 for my height isn't awful I guess ? I'm very comfortably fitting into anywhere from a 4-5/6 depending on brands lol so that's not too bad. Anyway I'm just trying to decide what to do in regards to P3 this time. I really don't want to ever have to do more hHCG just bc it's so restrictive and I feel like a recluse when I'm on it. So I'm thinking JUDDD like I"d said before but I've seen how you're doing so well with the EFGT ratios so now I know that might be an option too :-) Again I love that you've been so transparent & encouraging and it's such a blessing to see someone else keeping God the center :-)

~Jenny
Old 04-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #900
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Unhealthy/Healthier/Healthy
WOE: Low Carb < 30 carbs or less
Start Date: Monday! :)
Woot Woot for stabilizing under LDW!!!!

Enjoy!

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote