Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 09:08 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Gosh Julie I feel for you with your Mom. I am still working on several financial things for her that are very frustrating.. However we do what we have to do and pray for help getting through it!!!

Totally understandable that your emotions would be high yesterday, don't beat yourself up for the yelling. Kids know how to push the buttons!!!

My youngest DD just turned 17. She has had a weight problem her whole life, and she did grow taller when she was around 13, but has the pear shape of her Mom and Grandma's. So she has a smallish waist, but her lower half is what bothers her alot.

We have been cooking low carb meals for several weeks now and she is enjoying those. The problem is when she is away from home, and with other kids she does not like to turn things down. SO, it is an ongoing struggle for her. I am supporting her decisions, but not going to push her.

ANYWAY, your DD is active, and I think she will grow taller and maybe not out.. Time will tell. My DD also had the belly when she was pre puberty, but it is gone now.

Good luck Julie!! CONGRATS!!! on a very successful Steak Day!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
My, my, I've been remiss in keeping up w. my journal .

Deb-thanks!! I'm sure your mom appreciates all you're doing for her. I've been examining my heart and finding more compassion for my mom lately. She's doing what she can and I need to cheer her on. Dh and I have talked about having her come stay with us for a while but our house would be much harder for her to navigate. So, we're going to try and help her stay at home w/ as much help as we can afford to hire.

I started back to "running" this week - C25K (couch to 5K program). It was a bit harder than I thought it would be. I vaguely recall when I did it 2 years ago, that it was easier the first few weeks. This time around I'm pretty winded after running for only 60 sec!! I need to do the third day tomorrow. Then I'll be done this week.

I hav been wrestling with the scale this week. I'm 90% sure it's from the exercise. I've searched online and most people gain 2-4lbs when they resume exercise, running in particular. So, there's some comfort it that. But seeing the scale at 150+ again is really tough on my psyche.

So, I did a GYCD the other day and only lost 1lb!! I was really discouraged by that. The running + sacrifice for a CD= bummed . But, I ate clean yesterday and am right back up that lb today . So, I am going to try a steak day today. I don't want to, and don't feel like I deserve it, but I'm going to anyway. Easter is Sunday. I am well into P4 and plan to have some Cadbury Easter candy. So, I will CD today, run tomorrow and likely be up Sat from that, and then CD Sat. That better get me low enough that I can enjoy some Easter eating without going too far over.

The key will be resisting eating out on Sat. Dh will be a tough one to negotiate with. We'll see. Depending on what CD I choose for Sat. that may still work. Hmmm. We'll see.

So, that's my update. Annoyed to see 150.2 this morning. I am going to do a Steak Day, then tomorrow I will go back to a 1900+cal day w. good whole food. See where I am Sat. morning. It seems the first 2 weeks of the running is the part where the weight goes up. After that your body should have adjusted to the new routine and allow that water retention to go. Ideally, if I keep a tight enough reign on it, I should be able to get back to or under LDW in a few weeks. Probably decide to add weight training at that point . I'm afraid to add it now, b/c I'm already up from just the running. Not sure. Maybe I should add it now since I'm already doing the CD's? If I wait to add it in a few weeks when the running weight should go, will I be right back in this viscious CD cylce again? Probably. But, if I add it now, will a CD be effective at all? Will the gain be even more than 2lbs? Geesh. I don't know.

So, on that confused note, I'll go. Maybe I'll add weights next week so there's a 1 week overlap. I just have worked so hard to allow the weight to creep back up while I'm still working on it. I'm going on vacation the first week in May and hope/plan to be nice and stable as well as in shape for that trip. Lots of hiking and mtn biking in Utah, plus eating out. So I want to be stable, strong and fit by then. A month away. Let's do it!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:24 AM   #63

Glad you checked in Julie! You are doing awesome, so try not to sweat the ups and downs of adding in running. It will all work out soon.

Have a fantastic weekend and Easter!!.. enjoy the family.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:57 AM   #64
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks! I can't believe Easter is tomorrow already!!

The weight seems to have settled down from the running!! Finally!! Only took about a week!! I'd read it would be longer, so I'm actually releived by that!! I did several CD type days, strict LC too, to make sure the weight didn't go up and stay there. Glad to be back to LDW. Just in time to add weight training!!

Actually, I will be having some choc this weekend. I'm in P4 so I should be able to enjoy it. I'll have a bit today and tomorrow so as not to overdo it on any 1 day. Then, if needed, I'll have so many hard boiled eggs around, and egg day on Monday would be fine. I plan to run that day then, hopefully. hit the weights on Tuesday. I do feel much better when I'm exercising regularly.

The exciting update is that we are "under contract" on a new house. We are downsizing from our beautiful 3200sf, 3car garage home we built 5 years ago . I love this house, and our neighborhood. But, we're very upside down on it and will not be able to really get ahead financially here. With our new home, we'll have a 30yr mtg, (currently in a 40), be in a single story which means we can live there even when we're old , and be able to actually pay it off. And, the payment will be lower, it's closer to dh's work, and a much better school system. And dd (11) can play on a better school vball team!! And it already has a nice diving pool in the BY. It will need some updating, but we can choose what we want to do, and take our time with it.

I am still in shock that they accepted our offer. The market here has become quite competitive again and we've faced many multiple offer situations. It seems like God is blessing this one. There are still 2 hurdles -home inspection and appraisal/financing to cross. But, if all goes well, we will be moving mid-May!! We come back from our vacation to Utah May 13th, close the 16th!! I'll be painting and re-doing the flooring in the master before we move.

So, packing!! AHHHH! I hate it so!! but, I know it needs to happen. And it'll be me doing 99% of it!! Sigh.

Not to lose the focus of what this weekend is all about. Remembering the supreme sacrifice that My Lord made for me (and all the rest of us). And that He rose again!! Conquering death, sin and evil!! Hallelujah!! Thank you Lord!!
Old 04-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: 200's/1st. Goal Wt: 199 lbs.
WOE: Low Carb My Way!
Start Date: Monday! :)
He Has Risen Indeed!!!!!

Sounds like the Lord is answering your prayers.

Glad to hear this!

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:36 AM   #66
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Maggie!! Puts it all in perspective for me!! And love you avi pic!! Finally can put your pretty face w/ your posts!!

I'm here!! I've been running around w. mom stress (finding and doing her tax stuff!! Paying her bills, etc) and then the house stuff (moving hopefully in a month) which means getting boxes, cleaning, packing, organizing, choosing what we really need/want to keep. I'm supposed to do a yard sale this weekend, but I don't want to!! I need help and no one can do it w. me . I will have both of my dd's home from school on Friday and they're excited about it. but I'm so not looking forward to it!! But, we need the stuff out!!

Anyway, diet/weight wise-I've been really indulgent lately. I am correcting it the next day, but have really enjoyed pushing the envelope and enjoying whatever I feel like. After years of deprivation, it's quite freeing and empowering. Seeing the scale go up 2lbs the next day isn't even bad. It's not that much and I know how to get rid of it right away (and do!).

I'm doing well w. the C25K program too. Planning to do W3D2 today. The 3 min run was tough, but I did it!! and I'll do it again today.

I'm very thankful for good friends and family as we go through this whirlwind time in our lives. Dh's grandpa died Saturday, we're downsizing to a smaller house that will need some work, and my mom really shouldn't be living on her own w/ occasional caregiver visits. It's quite overwhelming when you look at it directly, but if I take it one day at a time, and keep my heart fixed on Things Above, I am fine.

So, that said, I am doing a GYCD today and driving vball carpool so I'll be out from 4:00 on. I'll bring my cooler and get my "run" in at vball. that's the plan .

Old 04-19-2012, 04:26 PM   #67
Big Yapper!!!!

Popping in to update my current status (accountability) and mindset.

I'm pretty much done with "dieting". I don't want to spend the rest of my days loggging all my food into ****** and watching every morsel that enters my mouth.

If I can enjoy life, and stay in my "window" I will be eating everything I want. When I go too high on the scale (depending on why, and how long I've been up there) I'll either do a low carb clean day, or a true CD. This week I've been at the top of my window. I should be doing a CD today to set myself up lower in my window. But that didn't work out today. I have steak for tomorrow, and will do a full blown CD if necessary. I was really hungry today though and know I would have had a really hard time if I tried it today.

Anyway, that's the update. Running tonight at Kel's practice, Week 3 Day 3 . Feeling much more confident on the running too.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Popping in to update my current status (accountability) and mindset.

I'm pretty much done with "dieting". I don't want to spend the rest of my days loggging all my food into ****** and watching every morsel that enters my mouth.

If I can enjoy life, and stay in my "window" I will be eating everything I want. When I go too high on the scale (depending on why, and how long I've been up there) I'll either do a low carb clean day, or a true CD. This week I've been at the top of my window. I should be doing a CD today to set myself up lower in my window. But that didn't work out today. I have steak for tomorrow, and will do a full blown CD if necessary. I was really hungry today though and know I would have had a really hard time if I tried it today.

Anyway, that's the update. Running tonight at Kel's practice, Week 3 Day 3 . Feeling much more confident on the running too.

Your plate is full!! I agree with you obviously that diets just have to go.... I wish you all the best Julie!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 12:00 PM   #69
Big Yapper!!!!

I've been dabbling in the "intuitive eating" realm. It's been a bit of a failure. Of course starting that as TOM is beginning may have been a bad choice in retrospect .

I have been toward the top of my range ever since I added in running 3.5 weeks ago. I haven't had the wiggle room to really comfortably dabble in P4. I've been indulgent here or there, up and out of window, CD or general P3 my way back toward LDW then the cycle goes again. I was kinda' hoping to get back to LDW, or maybe even below LDW while running, so that my window will be a bit bigger.

Today I am 2lbs over my window (152) and I've been here too much the past few weeks. Additionally I am going on vacation in a few weeks. And although it'll be active (hiking/biking in Utah) I know I'll be eating out a lot. We'll have a full kitchen and I'll try to eat in for bfast and pack LC lunches as much as possible (we'll bring 2 coolers), but I also want to enjoy my vacation with the occasional indulgence. I think in order to really do that, I will need to get below my LDW before we go, and do the occasional down or very LC day while away.

The upside to all this experimenting is that the swings are much smaller than in the past. I go up 2lbs, not 5-7!! The down side is the CD's are much less effective. I think this is part of the running. But, I'm not sure what else to do? I'm doing a GYCD today. Drinking lots of water, and did my run (W4D1-killer!!).

We'll see where I am tomorrow. I will likely be back in window, but I need to pull a Lara and do a clean P3, then likely another CD on Thursday to get below LDW before the weekend. I need to keep my eye on the longer term prize and not rebound from the restrictive CD's and overdo it over the weekend. Balance is important, and I'm working on getting that down.

So, that's my update!! Aren't you glad I dumped all of that on you? I'll be back later in the week. The kids will be occupied Thurs and Fri so I need to pack and clean while they're out of the house.

Off to shower!!

Deb- Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm so happy the IE is going well for you. I'm afraid it's too soon for me to try it. I'm up, and even though it's only 2lbs, it's been consistently up there for about a week or so. I've been wrestling w. the scale a lot since I added running.

I don't even really like the running, as much as the challenge of doing something that doesn't come easily for me as well as building my overall fitness. Once I'm through the C25K program I will be adding back some weight training. I'll try to keep the running going as well. We'll see. I'd like to be a regular exerciser and it just be part of my normal daily life, not some huge effort I need to make to "get it in!". I'm getting there. I was actually looking forward to "my run" today. Really hated that last 5 min run though but I lowered the speed a bit that last minute and got it in.

So, my new plan is to do a GYCD today, then eat clean low carb today (that means no choc almonds Julie!!!!) then probably try a shake CD on Thursday and see where that gets me Friday morning. My goal for Friday morning is to be below 148, hopefully 146.X. So, that's my plan this week. I need to look ahead to the weekend. I'd like enough wiggle room below LDW going into the weekend, that I can enjoy myself P3 style over the weekend and still be around LDW on Monday morning. It's good to think this through and write it down. I think a little sacrifice this week will let me enjoy my vacation and still maintain my weight. WE'll see I guess .
Old 04-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #70
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm going to have to put the IE on the back burner for me a bit. Maybe when I'm away on vacation I'll try to do it again. The scale has been climbing too much for me while enjoying myself. I think the real scale war began when I added in running. I haven't been able to get back down where I was before it. I intellectually know that the running is better for me than a number on the scale, but emotionally I'm scared if I let this 3lb gain stay with me, it'll grow and I'll be back up where I used to be. So, I'm taking the rest of this week to try and get back down a bit and settle in (while running) back to my lower numbers. I'm afraid of vacation as I usually gain 5-10lbs. I want to enjoy myself w.o. undoing all my hard work. We'll see. Maybe I will be intuitive not indulgent in my eating and surprise myself .

My GYCD yesterday only netted me a 1.8lb loss and I was really good. I didn't even cheat at the ball game last night!! (the Phillies won!!). I am going to keep it clean today (no chocolate!!) and then planning a steak day tomorrow. Even if I'm back in my window by then (which I better be!!). I'm just disappointed that I can't have my cake and eat it too!! I'd like to be able to run, be fit and healthy, and eat what I want!! Wah!! I'm such a baby . Once I'm back in my lower range, and get to have fun on my vacation, I will reassess. I'll be moving in late May which will also add stress and chaos. Sigh. Maintaining will be more work than I expected. At least for now. As time goes on and I stay here in the upper 140's, hopefully my body will accept this as a new set point and make it easier to stay here. We'll see.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:44 AM   #71

Sounds great Julie! You are learning day by day what it is going to take for YOU. Nothing wrong with that!! I hope you have a wonderful vacation when it comes around, and you don't worry too much about the scale!!
Old 04-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Julie I truly feel for you. I hear you on the exercise and keeping it in but I read somewhere that the scale will eventually even out. I am sorry that you are struggling at this time. I am sorry that you are wrestling with the number on the scale. I don't know what to say but hang in there and enjoy your life and health.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #73
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Maggie!! And Thanks Deb!! You girls are so sweet and encouraging.

I know it'll all be worth it in the long run, but it's very frustrating. I was just looking back at my ****** and the day I added in running I was at my all time low: 145.8lbs!! I was eating well 1800+cals, lots of fats and even PB and some good carbs. I'm almost a full 5lbs above that now, 3.5 weeks later. It's just really frustrating!! I'm going to eat what I did back then, and see where I end up tomorrow. It'd be really nice to go down a bit. I'll just keep plugging away. What else can you do? Sigh.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:08 AM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whatever you try to do to get down on the scale just know that you are Fearfully & Wonderfully made.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #75
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Maggie! great reminder. I do tend to get carried away and lose perspective sometimes!! He is bigger than all of this! I don't want to accept this little gain (it's a mental thing being in the "150's" instead of the "140's"). I will fight back down then hopefully be able to relax a bit.

Well, I gained 1.4lbs while on strict P3 yesterday. Seriously? C'mon!! I'm really frustrated. I have only 2 things left to avoid. One is running (which I don't want to stop doing) and the other is CO. I don't know if that's it? I will probably stop it tomorrow (had some in my coffee this morning). I sincerely hope that's it. It would be the easiest fix. I'm doing a steak day today and will stay LC over the weekend. I don't think I'll try to do a CD over the wekened, but I made some HB eggs, so I'll make egg salad for tomorrow. Sigh.

I think today's steak day will be my last real CD for a while. Tomorrow I will skip the CO. I'm not sure if I want that to be the problem or not? I like the idea of the CO and all it does for you. But, I hope that's the problem. I remember last time I added CO I gained from it. Maybe that's the culprit this time too? It would make sense. I can't imagine that 4 weeks in, the running is still making me gain? I do up the intensity every week though in the C25K program. We'll see. CD today, no CO for a few weeks (tough to do on vacation anyway) and see where I land. I'm going back to strict LC for the week too. There'll be time to up the carbs again once I'm back where I want to be. So, that's the plan!!
Old 04-30-2012, 09:26 AM   #76
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm thinking about stopping the C25K program. I'm re-evaluating a bit. I really do NOT like running. I've done the program once before, and it is going well now. But WHY am I doing it? Just b/c it's hard for me? I'm not going to love running, or become a runner. I will probably go back to weight training, zumba and hiking and biking once I'm through this program. I don't really like it. And, since I think it's messing w/ both the scale and my head, I think I'm going to stop doing it. I'm not "quitting" b/c it's too hard. I'm stopping b/c it's not taking me where I want to go. That sacrifice and energy would be better spent (and more enjoyable) in other fitness pursuits. KWIM? I'm going away next week and we'll be hiking all over Bryce, Zion and Arches Nat'l park, so that's def the kind of exercise I enjoy. I think I'll try to hit the gym this week, maybe take a zumba class and do some weights. Or the interval runs btw walks. I much prefer that and think my body will too.

That said, I'm also taking a break from weighing daily. Fri will be my official day (w/ my challenge girls but I may weigh Thurs. morning so I can do a CD on Thurs. if needed to get back where I want to be. I am still planning/hoping to stay around 148.

I'm going to try to eat "healthy" but am not going to forbid something if I really want it. I want to incorporate IE (intuitive) but as of now years of deprivation are leaving me binging instead of stopping when I'm full. I'm going to put as much effort into this maintaining as I did into losing and see where I go.

That's my new plan . Have a great week all!!
Old 04-30-2012, 10:15 AM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'm thinking about stopping the C25K program. I'm re-evaluating a bit. I really do NOT like running. I've done the program once before, and it is going well now. But WHY am I doing it? Just b/c it's hard for me? I'm not going to love running, or become a runner. I will probably go back to weight training, zumba and hiking and biking once I'm through this program. I don't really like it. And, since I think it's messing w/ both the scale and my head, I think I'm going to stop doing it. I'm not "quitting" b/c it's too hard. I'm stopping b/c it's not taking me where I want to go. That sacrifice and energy would be better spent (and more enjoyable) in other fitness pursuits. KWIM? I'm going away next week and we'll be hiking all over Bryce, Zion and Arches Nat'l park, so that's def the kind of exercise I enjoy. I think I'll try to hit the gym this week, maybe take a zumba class and do some weights. Or the interval runs btw walks. I much prefer that and think my body will too.

That said, I'm also taking a break from weighing daily. Fri will be my official day (w/ my challenge girls but I may weigh Thurs. morning so I can do a CD on Thurs. if needed to get back where I want to be. I am still planning/hoping to stay around 148.

I'm going to try to eat "healthy" but am not going to forbid something if I really want it. I want to incorporate IE (intuitive) but as of now years of deprivation are leaving me binging instead of stopping when I'm full. I'm going to put as much effort into this maintaining as I did into losing and see where I go.

That's my new plan . Have a great week all!!
I how you are understanding what you truly want to do with this new found you. You are looking at what you enjoy doing for exercise and doing it. Thank you for your insight and helping me to see more into this journey that I am on. Eating healthy sounds like the best plan and I know you will love yourself for it as well as your body. BTW-the hiking sounds wonderful and one day will be in shape to do this.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:24 AM   #78

Good luck Julie!!! you can do this, look how far you have come, and all you have been through!!! This is for LIFE!!..
Old 05-01-2012, 09:25 AM   #79
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks ladies for your support and encouragement. It means more than you know!!

Deb-you're right. This is for LIFE. It's not a diet. I can NOT go "back off" my lifestyle.

I did a 4.5mile bike ride (w. my dd's to pick up my car) yesterday, and played softball last night!! Much more fun than my "c25k run". Dh is upset that I'm stopping (quitting) the running. He really liked the idea of being able to "run" together. Being a people pleaser I would usually cave in to please him, but I need to find exercise that I will stick with. As a family we enjoy hiking and biking together. I simply do not enjoy running. I have tried to like it, but the end result is I avoid it. I want exercise to be a natural part of my life, and not something to be hated or avoided.

Today is the 5 year annniversary of my Dad passing away. This is the first year I am not reduced to tears at his memory. He was the most amazing father, and I am very happy for him to be in heaven. I regret that we couldn't have him here with us longer, but am choosing to celebrate the life he lead, as well as the impact he had in my life.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #80

Wonderful post Julie! it has just been a little over 3 months for my Dad, but I am still happy he is not suffering anymore.. grateful for the time.. still I miss him..

I am glad you are stickng to your guns on the running. If you don't like it, you won't do it, and you may injure yourself!! So be happy, do what is best for YOU!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks ladies for your support and encouragement. It means more than you know!!

Deb-you're right. This is for LIFE. It's not a diet. I can NOT go "back off" my lifestyle.

I did a 4.5mile bike ride (w. my dd's to pick up my car) yesterday, and played softball last night!! Much more fun than my "c25k run". Dh is upset that I'm stopping (quitting) the running. He really liked the idea of being able to "run" together. Being a people pleaser I would usually cave in to please him, but I need to find exercise that I will stick with. As a family we enjoy hiking and biking together. I simply do not enjoy running. I have tried to like it, but the end result is I avoid it. I want exercise to be a natural part of my life, and not something to be hated or avoided.

Today is the 5 year annniversary of my Dad passing away. This is the first year I am not reduced to tears at his memory. He was the most amazing father, and I am very happy for him to be in heaven. I regret that we couldn't have him here with us longer, but am choosing to celebrate the life he lead, as well as the impact he had in my life.
Sorry to hear about your dad. Celebrating his life is keeping his memories alive in a good way. I am glad that you are happy to be stopping the running, I too can try to please hubby but we have to do what we will keep on doing in the long run. Hiking and biking and playing softball with the family sounds truly enjoyable and what great exercise without it seeming like it. I haven't cycled in a while and 4.5 miles sounds exhausting. Exercise being a part of one's natural life is key and I know you feel good that you made the right decision for yourself.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:59 AM   #82
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Deb. I know your loss is quite recent and that makes the pain more fresh and raw. I cried a lot more in that first year than I do now. I can think of him and smile much more easily now.

Maggie-you're right. It's good to find what we like. I love to walk too. It's relaxing, not work at all. Did some lifting last night at the gym and it was actually pleasant!! Happy to be able to do it!! and enjoy it!!

Here's a pic of me and my dad a few months before he passed. This was at my parent's 40th anniversary party. What a fun time and happy memories!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9622.jpg (58.0 KB, 32 views)
Old 05-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #83

Quote:
Thanks Deb. I know your loss is quite recent and that makes the pain more fresh and raw. I cried a lot more in that first year than I do now. I can think of him and smile much more easily now.

Maggie-you're right. It's good to find what we like. I love to walk too. It's relaxing, not work at all. Did some lifting last night at the gym and it was actually pleasant!! Happy to be able to do it!! and enjoy it!!

Here's a pic of me and my dad a few months before he passed. This was at my parent's 40th anniversary party. What a fun time and happy memories!!
AWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE what an AWESOME PICTURE!!!! .. Brings tears to my eyes and I have done enough of that lately!.. just warms my heart to see such a big smile from both of you..
Old 05-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Such a sweet picture and you both look truly happy.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #85
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Deb and Maggie. I was a HUGE fan of my dad. He really was so enjoyable to be around and we could talk and laugh for hours. He was a wonderful pop-pop to my girls too!! One of my favorite memories of him was watching him play Hide-and-seek w. the girls. He was a diabetic w/ an amputated leg, so at home he'd often crawl around. He would sit in the middle of the LR floor, throw a blanket over his head and "hide". Half the time the girls would go right by. He was such a blessing!! It's good to remember and celebrate!

Our family has been thinking/talking about foster care and adoption for a long time. We were in the process of signing up when my mother got ill and required a lot of care. Then we were planning to downsize and move, but that is not happening now. So, as it seems God is providing for us to stay in our big house, and my mom is settled down some, I need to get moving on the foster care app and training. I'll have next week's vaca to really pray and talk w. dh about this more. But I'm getting excited.

We got final word last night that the deal fell through on the house for which we were under contract. The loan was always a long shot, and now we know it's not going to happen. Signed the cancellation last night, and it's done. I should probably be sad, but in reality, I didn't really want to move. Downsizing was a "good financial" decision, but we live in my "dream house" now, and I was willing to move, but not excited to do so.

So, we went out for good Mexican last night w/ my BFF and neighbor/Realtor. It was a lot of fun and I WAY overate. So glad I'm not weighing daily!! But, I do have my weekly weigh in tomorrow for my challenge, and I should get an idea of how far I've gone. I had many servings of chips and yummy bean dip and salsa, and 3 yummy enchildas, and great Sangria too! I'm planning on mostly yogurt today, but we'll see. I'm trying to be less restrictive so I don't overdo it on the "illegal" foods. I hope that by allowing anything (and everything!!) the "forbidden" foods will lose their appeal. We'll see. I don't want to gain too much, but am allowing a 2lb additional scale gain btw exercise and the eating. The idea of IE is to really listen to your hunger, and stop eating when you're satisfied, not stuffed, right?. Not there, yet . But working on it!
Old 05-03-2012, 10:51 AM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like wonderful memories of your father Julie. I am sorry to hear that he was also a Diabetic. I was diagnosed in 2010 and have been working on my BS ever since. My father was one and died at the age of 66 along with Diabetic complications. It is nice to hear that your girls were able to enjoy their time with their "pop-pop", they will rememeber that for a long time.

I will keep your family in my prayers about deciding to do Foster Care. Foster Care children need good families and I am sure you and your family will be able to do this.

Having your dream home now is wonderful. The house I live in isn't my dream home and it's getting a little to big for hubby and myself. My eldest son is in the Army and married and my youngest, well he may as not live here he is in and out soooo much. We know we will downsize because we have no bathroom on the same level and we NEED one with all my potty trips. I am praying that we will find a buyer for our place and than would like to get into a Condo or a small home with less yard and a bathroom and bedroom on the same level. Am I asking for to much? The Lord defintiely has a plan for his children and reliance on Him is always the way to go.

Mexican sounded delicious. I don't cook Mexican food and I am Mexican. I mean my tacos and burritos are nothing compared to what the true Mexican resturants make. You will get the IE principles down , as you said you are working on it. Have a nice Thursday and keep up the wonderful exercise.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:32 AM   #87

So glad you are in a good place with everything going on Julie.. IE is most definately a process!!!! I would say this is a year long project for me... You are already at goal, so I am sure you can do this !!!!!

Have a wonderful fun filled weekend!!!..
Old 05-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #88
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Deb. Well, since I weighed in this morning. I'm up 4lbs!! So much for "goal" . I leave for vacation on Sunday, so that should make losing this new gain tough. But, I'm back to LC today. I had eggs, cheese and salsa for bfast. I am not sure I can stick to strict Atkins all week on vacation, but I'll do my best and go back to my "normal" LC lifestyle. It's worked well for me in the past for maintenance. If I get back into ketosis that will help curb my hunger and make the IE easier. Right now I'm pretty sure my intuition is very confused. It's going to take time, but I don't want to regain the weight I've worked so hard to lose this past year.

I've toyed w/ JUDDD, but I do NOT like the severe calorie restriction and that it's really often. Every other day!! I don't want to work that hard that often!!

I may decide to do another round of hcg. It's 3 weeks of supreme sacrifice to get lower, then I can go back to LC for life. I am happy w. the added exercise and hope/plan to keep it part of my regular routine. We'll see. Still experimenting and working it out. It'll come back off, and hopefully quickly!!

Have a great weekend all!!
Old 05-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #89
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, today's weight was 154lbs!! ARGH!!! I expected a bump up, but that's 6lbs from where I want to/should be!! I'm sticking with LC for a while. I'm leaving Sunday for a week's vaca in Utah (hiking and biking Zion, Bryce and Arches Nat'l Parks). We'll be in a timeshare condo w. full kitchen so I'll be sticking w/ LC as much as possible. There will be some indulging, but I'm not sure how much temptation we'll find in small towns. We'll see.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:11 AM   #90
Big Yapper!!!!

I managed to get down to 152 before leaving for vacation. We had a great week in Utah. We got to Zion Nat'l Park (3 times!!) and Bryce Canyon. We even drove over to Moab and visited Arches Nat'l Park. We hiked, climbed, swam, and then hiked some more. We did the Narrow's Hike in Zion, which is hiking up the Virgin River through a slot canyon. you're actually hiking IN the river for most of it, and it gets up to your chest at some spots. It's snow melt, so the water is about 40deg!! . It was amazing though. Breathtakingly beautiful. My dd (8) got VERY cold though about 2-2.5 hours in to it, so we turned around. A few days later we did a similar hike in Kanarraville Utah, just outside Zion. This slot canyon was amazing too and the creek was freezing, but a bit more shallow and narrow in most spots. We had to climb up along a huge waterfall, and around a rock slide, and up many boulders. Very cool hike!! The girls did great!! It was just such a perfect week. Weather was lovely (cool!!) and our whole family had a great time. Thank you Lord for such a great vacation and the ability to re-charge, and reconnect with all your many blessings!!

Diet wise? Well, I started out good. Stay LC the first half of the week and worked out a LOT!! But, then I got into vaca eating mode and worked my way though the second half the week quite indulgently. Mother's Day on Sunday we stopped in LasVegas on the way home and enjoyed champagne brunch at the Golden Nugget casino. Yummy!! Choc dipped strawberries, cookies, crepes, etc. were all yummy!! Then we hit the rest stop in Wickenburg and I got a DQ blizzard!! Also . And to finish off my day, we went to our favorite Chinese place for dinner, and that really killed the scale on Monday!! I almost passed out at 161.4lbs!!

So, I went back to strict Lc yesterday. Not sure I'll do full blown 2 weeks of induction, but I'm trying to keep it nice and clean and hope for ketosis to kick in and control my appetite. I fully expect to be back to 152 by Friday (hopefully sooner) and then I'll probably really have to work to take any more lbs off. We'll see. I like that I'm more fit now. I had great stamina on this trip and was very please to see the running and exercise I've been doing is paying off. I'm hoping to keep that momentum going by hitting the gym more, now that I'm home. Too hot to do it outside now, but that's why I have the gym!!

Have a great week all!!