Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #841
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
My mag pills are 400 mg each and I take 2. That was the ticket for me. (It also has 15 mg of zinc in each pill.)
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #842
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Have a wonderful weekend Julie!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:41 AM   #843
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Thanks Deb! I hope you do too! P2 weekends are the hardest!! Be strong and you'll be rewarded! You can do it!!

Cheryl- you'll be at goal soon my friend! I was just looking through last year's posts in my journal and you were all exercising and losing! I'm sure you're headed right back to that "zone". And my friend did the whole ride, but I don't think it was a race. It was just a ride. They had a support crew that carried tents etc. She's crazy! But an amazing lady. I love to ride, but am not sure I'd still love it day in day out .

Debby-hope things straighten out. If you like EFGT how come you're looking for other options? I am trying to figure out the best way to eat for maintenance. It seems my body really prefers some carbs so I've got to figure out how to incorporate them w.o. gaining. I think I'm on the right track (finally!).

I'm in week 2 of P3. Whew! I'm at 147.4 this morning. I'll take it! I had real froyo yesterday . I should apologize, but I chose it, wanted it, and ate a bit lighter the rest of the day b.c of it! . I'm pleased. That's 2.4 below LDW. In looking at last year's posts, I realize that 147 was my LDW for my round last summer, and 144ish was my LDW for my round ending in Sept before I went to Mexico. When I came home and CDed and adjusted my body seemed to settle around 147. I am hoping that my body "remembers" being here and will be content to stabilze here this time around. I really hope so! I can totally live with that!!

I hope you have a great weekend! We have our church's picnic tomorrow , and I won 4 tickets to the Maricopa County fair too. So, we'll go there on Sun after church. Monster truck race (which I was just talking to dd about earlier this week, and now we'll get to see, for free!), and I'm sure other fun things too.
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:47 AM   #844
Big Yapper!

OH! A support crew and just touring is the only way I'd ever consider trying to do that ride. What a great experience that must have been for her! With things like that, I live vicariously through others. That's why I love documentaries.

Yeah, last summer I was kicking some serious butt in the gym. I thought it would improve my endurance but it really didn't do a thing. I was also driven by the fact that I had a bad experience with the upstairs neighbors. A problem with the freaking internet finally came to a head right before they left on a 10 day cruise. I suddenly found it easier to go to the gym to work out. Then I went to a huge party at my sister's house and I indulged in things like "Death by Chocolate" and that was the beginning of the end. I never went back to the gym after that. It wasn't a decision not to return, I just got out of the routine.

You're doing so great at stabilizing, Julie! You've been looking through last years posts and sometimes that is a great thing to do. I like doing that, as well. Sometimes it gives me glimpses into what was going on in my head and heart that made my eating plan work or not work.

Wow! What a great weekend you've got in store! I hope your dd is feeling better and that you have an amazing time. BE CAREFUL with the indulgences. You want to stay right where you are. (Where's the mother smiley?)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scolding image.jpg (6.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 04-13-2013, 07:41 AM   #845
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Cheryl Mom! I do need to take that advice and not overdo it!! I've been getting away w. much more this round for some reason . I'm certainly not complaining , just observing

I had a good eating day yesterday. And by that, I mean I came in around 2100 cals! Debby-you'd probably pass out if you saw my list of foods yesterday! I did have a Reese's pb egg (that candy bag is so tempting) and some NSA froyo. I even made a yummy salad last night w. strawberries, SF Balsamic dressing, candied pecans, strawberries and gorgonzola cheese - I love that kind of salad! After a good cup of decaf coffee w/ hwc for "dessert" I was pretty high on the cals, but my fat still came in around 65% for the day. That is the only consistent thing I've done this round and it seems to be working for me. And it's fun . I'm 148 even this morning (which is LDW-1.8). I'm pleased w. that. I don't want to get overly confident though and blow it. So far, so good. But, I am only in week 2 of P3. I need to stay in control and be mindful. The real challenge lies ahead in P4!! I will be adding back in sugars and some starches this time around. I really don't miss much starch as much. Some popcorn at the movies, sweet potatoes, shoestring french fries from Freddy's, maybe a piece of toast? I think I'll stay away from baked goods unless my body does amazing well w. the initial introduction. I have already had a bit of sugar here and there (regular froyo, some chocolate ). So far, so good. .

I hope you're all having a good weekend! Off to the picnic in the park.Supposed to be 90 deg today, hope our shade structure helps! Should be a fun weekend!!
Old 04-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #846
Big Yapper!

Hope you're having a great time at the park, Julie. I will post a salad "recipe" on my journal. I think you'll like it alot. I've yet to make it but I've eaten it a couple times at my sister's and it's good enough to be the entire meal. YUMMO. Will go get the card the ingredients are listed on and do that now before I forget.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:28 PM   #847
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Debby-hope things straighten out. If you like EFGT how come you're looking for other options? I am trying to figure out the best way to eat for maintenance. It seems my body really prefers some carbs so I've got to figure out how to incorporate them w.o. gaining. I think I'm on the right track (finally!).
I hope you have a great weekend! We have our church's picnic tomorrow , and I won 4 tickets to the Maricopa County fair too. So, we'll go there on Sun after church. Monster truck race (which I was just talking to dd about earlier this week, and now we'll get to see, for free!), and I'm sure other fun things too.
I had to go back to my higher carb for a few days because irregularity was getting "scarey" I haven't figured out how much magnesium I need to take yet. Really I'd rather eat a moderate diet with a combo of carbs, protein & fats, but doing EFGT to get the salt thing balanced and also to figure out the magnesium for this for traveling, which we will be doing in a few months.
Sounds like a fun week-end for you! Hope everything goes well with your wt. & diet!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:46 PM   #848
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: leisha
Stats: 210/195/155
WOE: Weight Watchers 360
Start Date: May 2014 this round!
Hey Julie! I just wanted to say hi! Hope you are doing well!
leisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #849
Big Yapper!

Hey, girl! How's it going? Monday's almost here. What do you have to say for yourself?
Old 04-14-2013, 07:00 PM   #850
Big Yapper!!!!

Debby-yes, figuring it all out is a challenge. What type of magnesium do you take? I remember reading that had an impact on its effectiveness hoe you can strike the right balance and be able to eat and enjoy.

Leisha! So nice to hear from you!! I was just looking back at old posts and saw one from you. Been missing you! Hope all is well. I'm holding steady around 148 these days, coming off a redo Hcg round. Still working on making it stick!

I was up to 149.6 this morning. still under LDW, but way up overnight. I did have some cashews and a few almonds yesterday too. I guess it was too much. Learning to relose that gain as soon as it comes. Regardless of the window. Hope I'm down tomorrow and can go back to normal.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:25 PM   #851
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Debby-yes, figuring it all out is a challenge. What type of magnesium do you take? I remember reading that had an impact on its effectiveness hoe you can strike the right balance and be able to eat and enjoy.
I was up to 149.6 this morning. still under LDW, but way up overnight. I did have some cashews and a few almonds yesterday too. I guess it was too much. Learning to relose that gain as soon as it comes. Regardless of the window. Hope I'm down tomorrow and can go back to normal.
Hi Julie
I take magnesium citrate 150 mgs. in capsule form, works best for me. But I think my system is a bit more challenging than most. I upped quite a bit & have been able ok, but on the verge of not ok even with upping it. Reading that taking too much can be bad, I'm afraid to over-do it. Besides that, my wt. stays at the top of the 3 lb. threshold that I keep when on EFGT... so I'm back to my old diet plus some extras that I added on that... It is giving me a lot more freedom & variety with the added salt & dairy, so I'm going to ride out the salt effects & keep going.

Good for you, watching your wt so close. One thing that worries me, is that sometimes wt. will stay at the high range for several days, or weeks, then suddenly jump up. I remember that from before, so being leery of the top of my range staying too long. I took my measurements & found that I'm still losing inches overall, but in some places it has shifted... (chest)... not sure, it might be the water wt., definitely retaining water.

Hope you have a wonderful surprise tomorrow! Pray your dd heals up too!
Old 04-14-2013, 08:04 PM   #852
Big Yapper!

Julie, when in doubt, just follow Atkins induction. That will never steer you wrong. Cashews are legumes so not really nuts. More starchy, like peanuts and peas. Cheese, Fat, eggs, bacon, sausage, butter, salsa, tabasco, chorizo, ... the basic Induction fare. Cauliflower hash browns, jalapeno poppers (cream cheese and bacon bits or real bacon, if you want to go that route), you know the drill.

Sugar comes later! Don't muck it up now, honey. Step by step! Don't get ahead of yourself. The 140's are fabulous!!! That is my goal, honey. YOU ARE THERE!!! You are there, honey. Hold onto that and grin like the Cheshire Cat.

Last edited by CherylB; 04-14-2013 at 08:06 PM..
Old 04-15-2013, 08:16 AM   #853
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Hey, girl! How's it going? Monday's almost here. What do you have to say for yourself?
Ah Monday. A new week, with no mistakes in it yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hi Julie
I take magnesium citrate 150 mgs. in capsule form, works best for me. But I think my system is a bit more challenging than most. I upped quite a bit & have been able ok, but on the verge of not ok even with upping it. Reading that taking too much can be bad, I'm afraid to over-do it. Besides that, my wt. stays at the top of the 3 lb. threshold that I keep when on EFGT... so I'm back to my old diet plus some extras that I added on that... It is giving me a lot more freedom & variety with the added salt & dairy, so I'm going to ride out the salt effects & keep going.

Good for you, watching your wt so close. One thing that worries me, is that sometimes wt. will stay at the high range for several days, or weeks, then suddenly jump up. I remember that from before, so being leery of the top of my range staying too long. I took my measurements & found that I'm still losing inches overall, but in some places it has shifted... (chest)... not sure, it might be the water wt., definitely retaining water.

Hope you have a wonderful surprise tomorrow! Pray your dd heals up too!
Yes, this is how I feel too. The upper end of "ok" makes me nervous, b/c all of a sudden we bump up and then what? I much prefer the lower end and nipping things in the bud. I too am noticing some shifting, and not all good. The girls are starting to go, school would be ok if kept proportioned, but I'd rather lose the lower half! I'm such a pear! Hope you're down a bit too!

Quote:
Julie, when in doubt, just follow Atkins induction. That will never steer you wrong. Cashews are legumes so not really nuts. More starchy, like peanuts and peas. Cheese, Fat, eggs, bacon, sausage, butter, salsa, tabasco, chorizo, ... the basic Induction fare. Cauliflower hash browns, jalapeno poppers (cream cheese and bacon bits or real bacon, if you want to go that route), you know the drill.

Sugar comes later! Don't muck it up now, honey. Step by step! Don't get ahead of yourself. The 140's are fabulous!!! That is my goal, honey. YOU ARE THERE!!! You are there, honey. Hold onto that and grin like the Cheshire Cat.
Thanks! I really appreciate it! I did mostly eggs yesterday. Wanted to remind my body that lower weight is better . The cashews were a calculated risk, we were out all day in the park and I needed something portable that would keep me from temptation. In retrospect, I should have just had a second apple. But, now I've tested that food, and will avoid that going forward.

On a happy note, eggs seem to agree w/ me now. I've had a lot of them this P3 w/ good results. I'm back down to 148 today, so almost 2 lbs under LDW, and a sigh of relief. I'll still be careful today, but my system seems to be straitened out too. I don't feel as bloated or full/fat. Kwim? I'm starting to "feel" it when something's off food or weight wise. I hope I can stay tuned in and adjust sooner, thereby avoiding big gains. Gonna work on that intuition this week!

Happy tax day! We've already spent our return. Hawaii is coming soon! I bought a new tankini top yesterday, a size small! Woohoo! Can't wait to hit that beach, swim, boogie board, snorkel! I'm ready for a little paradise and relaxation. A month and 5 days!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #854
Big Yapper!

I never saw you as a Pear shape, Julie. Maybe you're still thinking of yourself the way you were when you were really big. You look lovely. As for me, I look forward to my girls being smaller. If I could get back into a B-cup, I'd be tickled pink.

Paradise, here she comes! That's going to be so amazing, Julie. And even more so in your size SMALL tankini!!! That's wonderful! I want to see pics of the scenery when you get back. Where is your hotel located? Close to the beach? I want details! I need to live vicariously through you.

I'm seriously thinking I'm going to take the leap and drive down to West Palm Beach FL at the end of October. I used to do that drive several times a year, but that was over 10 years ago. I have the same car but she's getting old and it makes me nervous to take that kind of journey with it. And I don't know how well I'll be able to handle driving for 8 hours a day. When I was used to the driving, 8 hours was the most I could do before getting a room. I just couldn't find a comfortable way to sit at that point and had to get out of the car.

Have a great week, Julie! I'm sure you'll do great at stabilizing this time.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #855
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-that's a LONG drive!! All the way down to FL? By yourself? you're a brave woman for even contemplating it! Maybe you could have someone go w. you? Share the expense and the driving? What a fun idea though! You could pre-plan your stops and do some really neat visits. I do enjoy driving, and like you 8 hours is probably my limit. I did 6 hours out to CA w. my dd's in March. We stopped for lunch after about 5 hours. And that was pretty good. I really enjoyed doing a road trip w. just my dd's. Dh is great, but very opinionated and all about "him" unfortunately. He doesn't realize it, but when he's with us, we all end up catering to his wishes. When it was just "the girls" it was more flexible and we took turns w. what we each wanted. We'll be going back out to CA in July (dd has a vball camp in Malibu). It will prob be just the girls again. We'll see. Maybe dh will decide to work from the LA office that week? He has that option, which is nice.

Hawaii is going to be amazing!! I can hardly believe in a little over a month I'll be in paradise, or at least as close as the US gets to it. I was just asking dh if it was too early to pack today . I am really excited (possibly the understatement of the year!). We will be staying right on the beach in Maui. Kaanapali beach. Supposed to be one of, if not the, best beaches in HI. We're planning a day trip to drive the Road to Hana, hike to a beautiful waterfall or 3, learning to snorkel, going to a Luau one evening, and lots of beach exploration and swimming/boogie boarding. I am not usually an ocean swimmer at this point in my life, but the water is supposed to be so beautiful and warm that I will most likely be a swimmer again! Here's a link to our hotel w. pics of the beach I plan to frequent!!

Aston Kaanapali Shores Resort Photo Gallery
Old 04-15-2013, 11:06 AM   #856
Big Yapper!

Julie, I just wrote my reply to your post over on my journal because it was getting very lengthy and detailed and I just felt it was better on my journal. When you have time, go over and read it, okay?

I don't care for swimming in the ocean either, unless it was to go diving or snorkeling, like you said. I don't like knowing there are things in there that can eat me. I prefer fresh water lakes and rivers. Oceans are great to look at though. Your location sounds like it's going to be heavenly. I will have to check that link after I get back from the farm. Must eat something post haste and get ready to leave.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #857
Big Yapper!

What a beautiful place! I love the shot of the whale tail in the setting sun. You're going to have the best time of your lives.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #858
Big Yapper!!!!

I have to confess that I had some real frozen custard today. I went to Rita's (originally a favorite indulgence from my days in Philly) and got some choc vanilla swirl. I passed it up last week when we went, I was really "good". So, today? I decided to have some. . But it was so yummy!! I got on the scale when I got home (changed my clothes) and decided to get on the scale to get an idea how bad the damage might be tomorrow. And? I was DOWN 0.5 a lb from this morning's weight!?! Doesn't make sense, but I'm not complaining. I know it's too soon to claim no damage, but I was a bit shocked. Could my body actually accept carbs this round? That would be a wonderful discovery! I've had some other indulgences this P3, and they've been ok. The only real gain has been from cashews? I had Cadbury caramel egg and real froyo already and didn't gain much from them. I do NOT understand my body, but so far, I'm not complaining . We'll see what tomorrow brings. I did have my taco salad for dinner.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #859
Big Yapper!

I hope the scale is as kind to you tomorrow as it was this afternoon! Sleep tight, Julie. I'm off to bed now.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:47 AM   #860
Big Yapper!!!!

Hope you slept well Cheryl!!

I am happy to report that I'm DOWN to 146.4 this morning!! Not quite sure how that happened? But I'm thrilled!! I came in around 1900cals for the day, 72% fat, 14% protein and 14% carbs. I seem to do well on high fat!! This is, so far, my best P3 yet!! I am not quite sure what's "working" this time. Only real changes I've made are no exercise, even higher fat than normal, slightly lower protein and actually having some carbs! I would love to figure it out so I don't mess it up! I'm still just taking it 1 day at a time. But I'm 3.4 below my official LDW right now. but !! Maybe my body remembers being here last year? That would be ideal!!

Hope you're all having a good day!!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #861
Big Yapper!

That's simply amazing, Julie!!! FABULOUS news! Great day in the morning!

Maybe tracking the percentages is the key for you. Keeping the fat high enough to counter-balance the carbs you are taking in appears to be working like a charm. This is all very exciting, Julie. I love watching you this!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #862
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hope you slept well Cheryl!!

I am happy to report that I'm DOWN to 146.4 this morning!! Not quite sure how that happened? But I'm thrilled!! I came in around 1900cals for the day, 72% fat, 14% protein and 14% carbs. I seem to do well on high fat!! This is, so far, my best P3 yet!! I am not quite sure what's "working" this time. Only real changes I've made are no exercise, even higher fat than normal, slightly lower protein and actually having some carbs! I would love to figure it out so I don't mess it up! I'm still just taking it 1 day at a time. But I'm 3.4 below my official LDW right now. but !! Maybe my body remembers being here last year? That would be ideal!!

Hope you're all having a good day!!
Wow! Julie, what exactly did you eat to get those kind of %'s ? I can not imagine??? Sounds like you're just eating coconut oil out of the can to me...

So happy for you.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #863
Big Yapper!

I know what you mean, Debby. I look forward to her answer as well.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #864
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, let's see if I can copy my menu from yesterday here:
Didn't work, but here it is anyway:
Totals:
1,887 cals, 153.6 fat, 66.2 g carbs, 64.6 g protein

coffee w/ HWCream - 2 big mugs! - 415cals, 44g fat, 4g carbs
Egg, deviled - 2 large - 250cals, 20g fat, 14g protein
Greek gods GY- 8 oz - 260cals, 22g fat, 10g carbs, 8g protein
Strawberries, raw - 29 cals, 6.9g carbs
Ritas custard regular - 330cals, 17g fat, 40g carbs, 6g protein
Bologna, pork and beef - 129 cals, 11.6g fat, 4.7g protein
Ground beef, taco seasoned - 288 cals, 23g fat, 20g protein
Cheese, natural, Cheddar - 114 cals, 9.4g fat, 7g protein
Salsa - 4cals
Sour cream - 64cals, 6g fat, 1g carb, 1g protein

72% fat, 14% carbs, 14% protein.

I'm not sure why it's working, but it is!! I love it! I could eat like this for a while I think. I feel good, my temps are good and I have lots of energy. I think upping the carbs in P4 won't be the disaster I've feared. I've been LC for soooo long, I can't imagine a life where I can eat more carbs (even bad ones!!) and not pay for it on the scale. It doesn't mean I'll go to a lifestyle of cupcakes w. a side of fries! But, I'd like to have a few things more often - sweet potatoes, dessert, don't really miss rice but will prob have some in HI, tortillas or chips. Would be nice. We'll see. So far, so good. I'm running w. it!!
Old 04-16-2013, 10:54 AM   #865
Big Yapper!

Mine would be fries with a side of pasta or pizza! I love that you're in the groove and just in time because you're going on that lovely trip soon. I wouldn't want it any other way. Would be horrible to be struggling and down in the dumps just prior to going. Whatever you're doing keep doing it!

I'm going to go write on my journal now and tell about my afternoon with Cisco!
Old 04-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #866
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Well, let's see if I can copy my menu from yesterday here:
Didn't work, but here it is anyway:
Totals:
1,887 cals, 153.6 fat, 66.2 g carbs, 64.6 g protein

coffee w/ HWCream - 2 big mugs! - 415cals, 44g fat, 4g carbs
Egg, deviled - 2 large - 250cals, 20g fat, 14g protein
Greek gods GY- 8 oz - 260cals, 22g fat, 10g carbs, 8g protein
Strawberries, raw - 29 cals, 6.9g carbs
Ritas custard regular - 330cals, 17g fat, 40g carbs, 6g protein
Bologna, pork and beef - 129 cals, 11.6g fat, 4.7g protein
Ground beef, taco seasoned - 288 cals, 23g fat, 20g protein
Cheese, natural, Cheddar - 114 cals, 9.4g fat, 7g protein
Salsa - 4cals
Sour cream - 64cals, 6g fat, 1g carb, 1g protein

72% fat, 14% carbs, 14% protein.

I'm not sure why it's working, but it is!! I love it! I could eat like this for a while I think. I feel good, my temps are good and I have lots of energy. I think upping the carbs in P4 won't be the disaster I've feared. I've been LC for soooo long, I can't imagine a life where I can eat more carbs (even bad ones!!) and not pay for it on the scale. It doesn't mean I'll go to a lifestyle of cupcakes w. a side of fries! But, I'd like to have a few things more often - sweet potatoes, dessert, don't really miss rice but will prob have some in HI, tortillas or chips. Would be nice. We'll see. So far, so good. I'm running w. it!!
Thank you Julie,
That's enlightening. What is Greek gods GY & Ritas custard? Must be low-carb recipes?
My wt. drops right away with the switch back to my normal diet. Mostly because of regularity, partly because of water retention. I am still adding the salt though. Actually added it to my cereal mix, which makes it taste really salty to me, but I'm determined to get rid of the low-salt in my diet (it opens up a huge variety of options when eating out). So, it seems my body is "liking" the carbs more than a higher fat diet. Guess we're all different!
Old 04-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #867
Big Yapper!

I can't understand how you could be struggling to get enough salt in your food. I salt so many of the things I eat. Is your sodium level low when you get your blood work checked? Maybe you just lose salt more readily than others do. I know I sweat a lot when I'm working so I think that's why I enjoy salt so much.

I think those things Julie mentioned are name brands of store bought stuff. I'm just guessing, though.

Last edited by CherylB; 04-16-2013 at 02:53 PM..
Old 04-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #868
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I can't understand how you could be struggling to get enough salt in your food. I salt so many of the things I eat. Is your sodium level low when you get your blood work checked? Maybe you just lose salt more readily than others do. I know I sweat a lot when I'm working so I think that's why I enjoy salt so much.

I think those things Julie mentioned are name brands of store bought stuff. I'm just guessing, though.
I don't salt anything, don't eat any processed foods, or cook with salt. I get about 400 out of the 2500 recommended daily intake. (which happens from natural foods). Its because I cut salt out of my diet 40 years ago when carrying my son. I've been able to manage getting it up to 800 on my diet, 1400 on the EFGT diet. still need to work on it. No, Dr hasn't tested me on it, but knowing how I eat has urged me to, also naturopath has too.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #869
Big Yapper!

Wow, Debby! I'd find no interest in eating at all if I kept my salt intake that low. Maybe that's what I need to do to get skinny! Never even thought about that before, but honestly, food would have no appeal to me if it was low sodium.

My Mother and sister Donna like these "low salt Lays chips." I can't work up enough saliva to even swallow one of them down. It's crazy. When she buys chips for a family gathering, I ask if they are the low salt ones. They usually are and then I choose something else.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:52 PM   #870
Big Yapper!!!!

Debby- Greek gods is a brand of GY they carry at Walmart. Rita's custard is frozen custard (like ice cream, with real sugar). It's delicious! Rita's is a place back in PA that specializes in Italian water ice and custard. it was an indulgence I expected to make me gain, but I lost! No salt? I've noticed I'm cooking w/ much more salt in recent years. It really has enhanced the flavor. I don't have any issues w/ sodium (for which I'm thankful) so I don't worry about it. glad you're down a bit from going back to normal eating. I am tolerating or even doing better on more carbs lately, too. It's fun!

Cheryl-I'll go see what you were up to today. And I'm w/ you, low salt chips .