Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #751
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Maggie, I just have to say how much I love your new Avi!!! Awesome.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2013, 04:10 AM   #752
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Morning Julie! hope you are enjoying the loading!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:01 AM   #753
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Maggie, I just have to say how much I love your new Avi!!! Awesome.
Thanks, it's just so colorful isn't it? Need to make a visit to your journal, been lurking lately. Hey Julie, how was loading?

Last edited by MagieDen; 03-08-2013 at 05:02 AM..
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:13 AM   #754
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Hey, Julie! Have a wonderful time. I'm glad you got to meet Shelby. I'm sure she thought you were lovely, too.
Thanks sweet Cheryl! I had a great week. Love the ocean/beach and was really close to it every day. I got to walk there for a few days and miss it so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Hello! I want to apologize on behalf of my state for the sucky weather today, haha! But man, last weekend was something else, no? Have a safe trip home!
Yes, cold!! But I survived and it's kinda' refreshing since we have sunny warm weather all the time in AZ. You have my beloved beach and ocean so I'll endure the cold to get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Morning Julie! hope you are enjoying the loading!..
I sure did!! Real pizza, choc chip cookies, ice cream, cupcake I won't go on, but I didn't hold back!! Want to remember that short gluttony as I go on to deprivation. Sigh. It's the only part of my hcg plan that I like!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Thanks, it's just so colorful isn't it? Need to make a visit to your journal, been lurking lately. Hey Julie, how was loading?
Loading was great! I do love eating . That's why I'm here these days. If I could master the "hunger scale" I would probably not be doing another round. But I am unwilling to give up my celebration and enjoyment of food. I know supposedly you can have smaller portions of it, but for me, I gain even when I have carbs in smaller amounts. I'm still working through that and hopeful this time around I'll be able to dabble w.o. overdoing it. :rollseyes:. How are you doing?

I'm on VLCD2 today. So far, so good. I am planning to only weigh 1 day a week, and today I weighed in at 163.4 That's quite a week of vacation to be DOWN to this number!! But, I guess it could be worse so I'm just looking ahead to losing some more weight in the next few weeks.

I'm going to keep working out through P2, scaling down a bit, lighter weights and less running mostly walking. I always gain 5lbs when I add exercise back in, no matter where I add it, so I'm hoping if I keep it going through P2 this round it'll prevent that bump up in P3/P4. We'll see. Not miserable at this weight/size, but would love to be back in the 140's wearing my cute smaller clothes.!! Gotta' keep focused. I have been rationalizing "quitting" P2. I really do not like it. But I hope the discipline will help me get my head back in the game. I don't want to reign in my eating, but if I don't I'll be back up to 175 and stay there w. Atkins like I did for 8 years. It's not awful, but I know I can be smaller and want to be. I just need to want that more than indulging.
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #755
Big Yapper!

That's right. Today we choose to be in control and to become less chubby. To wear cuter, smaller clothes. Just for today. (Sounds like an AA thing, but it works here, too.)

Glad you're home safe and sound. Sorry it was cold while you were there. Glad you got so much beach time. What was Shelby like?
Old 03-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #756
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
That's right. Today we choose to be in control and to become less chubby. To wear cuter, smaller clothes. Just for today. (Sounds like an AA thing, but it works here, too.)

Glad you're home safe and sound. Sorry it was cold while you were there. Glad you got so much beach time. What was Shelby like?
Thanks. It's lovely here now, warm and sunny but not hot, yet .
Shelby was wonderful. Beautiful, fun to talk to and sweet w. my girls. Taller than I thought, and skinny! So nice to meet her in person.

Yes, one day at a time. Maggie had that as her tag line for a while and totally applies to me!! Today I did well. Resisted shoestring french fries at lunch, made chili for the fam and took some out for me before I put beans in it for them. Had that over lettuce for dinner. Also made 4 burgers and 4 servings of chicken lettuce wraps too. That'll hold me through Thursday. That's the hardest part for me, being prepared so it's easier to stay on plan. I did have a second apple today, didn't have any fresh berries in the house, and really wanted another apple. Oh well, I suppose it's not the worst "cheat" I could have. I'll try to stick w. only 1 tomorrow. But they're so good!

I think it'll be a good round. The weight gain is pretty recent, so that means it'll go more easily, right? It'll be hard not to weigh more often. But it'll probably just be a 10lbs round . I need it to be a 15lb round. That'll get me right where I need/want to be. Let's hope!!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #757
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning! VLCD4 today. So far, so good. I'm not hungry, feel energetic, walked the past 2 days. Plan to do weights at least once a week. I'm only weighing once a week which is really hard. I'd like the encouragement, but I can do w/o the emotional roller coaster it sends me on!

Going to a friends for dinner tomorrow. I suppose I'll have to toke w/ her about this crazy diet. I'd rather look foolish than offend her. I'm sure she'll understand.

Hope you have a great week. Spring break here in AZ and the weather is perfect. Supposed to hit 80 today, sunny and beautiful!
Old 03-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #758
Big Yapper!

I agree. Better to talk to your friend beforehand rather than to offend. You have to do what you have to do. Congrats on day 4! I agree with weighing just once a week. The scale really messes with our heads. It's a double-edged sword.

I'm glad the weather is wonderful out there. After today, it's going to be sunny and mild for a while here. Just in time for my next work day.

Have a very blessed day, Julie.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #759
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Cheryl! I hope you're having a good day enjoying your spring weather!!

I'm doing fine. I didn't walk yesterday and it doesn't look good for today either. Too many activities. I'm gonna' try for a gym visit tomorrow, and lift some weights :weight: I need it! It's getting warm here, swimming on Fri w. my girls!

Hope you're all doing well!!
Old 03-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #760
Big Yapper!!!!

I had dinner at my friend's house last night. I did pretty well. A bit of salad dressing on my salad and a splash of cream in my coffee were my only "off plan" choices, but I intentionally had shrimp and aspargus for lunch so I'd be light on my calories going into it. Since I don't weigh every morning this round, I'll not know if it had any impact on my weight. I'll just plug away and keep going w. my protocol meals. It's nice to be able to live life while on hcg. In past rounds I'd become a hermit and not eat out at all (which drives dh crazy). This time I know my options better and am in control enough to recognize what 3.5oz of chicken looks like and stick to it .

That said, I can't find my food scale!! I bought a nice digital one a year ago but can't find it!! So far I've bought meat and portioned it from the weight on the label. I guess I'll have to keep doing this since I'm not buying another one (this had BETTER be my last round!!). Sigh.

Hope you're all having a good day. Tomorrow is FRIDAY! I have company coming over for dessert (which I WON'T have) which will be nice. I like having company and feel strong enough to do this w.o. "cheating". Only a few more weeks and I should be back to my goal range of 140X. I weigh in tomorrow, since that is a week from my first VLCD.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #761
Big Yapper!

I wonder where your food scale ran off to. Where could it be? I'm glad you are enjoying yourself a bit and not being a hermit this round. I hope you get the results you desire when you do weigh-in.

A week already? My! How time flies when it's somebody else on P2! Can't wait to hear your report, Julie. Have a great day.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #762

Glad you made it through your dinner!! Congrats on this round, going well so far! Staying off the scale is working for you huh?

Continue on!! you are doing great!!
Old 03-15-2013, 08:42 AM   #763
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-not sure where it went? I have looked and looked! I guess this round will be a slightly looser one. Guessing at food weights isn't what I prefer, but I'm not going to buy another one.

Deb-thanks! I'm plugging away. Definitely not my favorite way to lose weights, but I can't seem to lose it any other way. I really want to break through this current weight. I can't seem to get it to leave w.o. drastic measures .

Today is my week 1 weigh in. Not quite what I was hoping for, but I was WAY up when I started. Didn't get an initial weight at the start, but I was 162 before vacaiton and lots of indulgences. So I'm down to 157.4 this morning. Just a data point to me. I'm in it to win it . I'd really like to see the 140's before I move on to P3. Gotta keep working the plan and stay strong. The weekend is always harder!

Hope you're all doing well.

Crazy day planned for me today. Had to drop my car at the dealer today. That's not going to be good , but God knows what we need and I trust Him to provide it . I have my small group coming over tonight, made brownie cheesecakes (both gluten-free and gluteny) and a SF cherry cheescake for the gang. That was hard w/o sampling!
Dd(12) has a friend sleeping over and we'll go over to my moms in a bit for piano lessons and to swim in her complex's heated pool. Then I'll drop her friend off and hopefully pick up my car (dh is working from home today so I can borrow his car, isn't he sweet? ). Then run home and clean the bathroom, vaccuum and steam clean the floor before the guests arrive. Oh, I forgot, gotta' drop dd(12) off at church for youth group movie night @6 tonight too. Hope my car is done around 4.

Whew! Tomorrow should be a bit quieter. Dd(12) is going to a bday party from 10-1, but that's not too bad. Oh, gotta' get a gift for her. Man, today's packed. Better get cracking!!
Old 03-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #764
Big Yapper!

Wow, Julie! What a day you are in the midst of! I hope you get it all done and can rest when your guests arrive. I also hope the car is just something minor. It sounds like your first week of P2 was successful. If you were 162 pre-vacation and then didn't weigh again before starting P2, then you were probably up at least 5 more lbs than that. You're doing great!

Have a great day and night. Don't forget to breathe.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #765
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi Julie
Happy for you, that you're getting back on track.
Way to go!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #766
Big Yapper!!!!

THanks!

Well, my car... I went to pick it up and paid my huge bill! (even though it was a good deal I got both timing belts replaced, water pump, actuator?, oil pump, oil change, air filter, and something else). As I drove away, there was a hesitation on initial start up, like it was going to stall. Had to go pick up dd from a bday party, so I didn't give it too much thought. After picking her up, it did it again, kinda' scared me that time. So I brought it back to the dealer. Very nice place, the manager himself came and drove around w/ me trying to duplicate it. Couldn't. Left it (again!!) and they'll look at it. Suspect something w. the timing. Sigh. So, that's my day!

Weighed again today . Had roast beef for dinner last night, didn't measure, had sauce on it, and was afraid! I was down to 156.8, which made me happy! Whew!

Anyway, dd's are swimming at the neighbors, dh is reading and I'm hanging out online . Quiet day!

Hope you're all well!
Old 03-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #767
Big Yapper!

Wow, Julie. That's a lot of auto work! And to have to leave it for more examination really sucks. My car has been making a strange noise ever since they changed the oil but the oil level looks fine whenever I check it. It's a whine that goes high and low right along with the engine. If I accelerate, so does the whine. Hope it's not anything serious.

Were you blushing about weighing again so soon? Well, at least you were happy with what you saw. I'm looking into Nutritional Ketosis. I had to get to the bottom of it. It was confusing to me cause Ketosis is what we're in with Atkins so why would they have their own special diet? Well, I read up and researched and watched a video on Youtube and stuff and it looks to me like it's living in "fat fast" percentages. I might try it but it sure looks boring. I'll have to work out some sort of hypothetical menu before I begin. I know me too well.

How nice that swimming is going on out there in AZ. We're stuck in the 30's still and have a storm coming Monday night and into Tuesday. I look at the Spring plant-lings coming up through the hard ground and I take hope and courage in that. They know much better than I do and if they think it's safe to come out, then I'll believe Winter is on its way out.

The Fire House across the street is having a Spaghetti Supper tonight. Good thing I'm poor! I'm really particular about pasta anyway. I like Angel Hair and it has to be cooked just how I like it.

Have a nice rest of your weekend, Julie. Keep us posted on the car.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:59 PM   #768
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-I looked at NK too. Looks like higher fat, VLCarb Atkins to me. Couldn't quite figure out much of a difference. I did a p3 really high fat one time. Worked pretty well. Hope it works for you. Ketosis is magic, but I don't lose on LC anymore . Great for appetite suppression, you'd think I'd lose, but nope. Sigh. Hope you're thawing out!

Got my car back today. They couldn't get it to do the hesitation so I'm back in it. So far, so good. Vlcd10 today, not hungry, content w/ the plan, a bit lightheaded and tired, but overall just fine. Haven't exercise much lately. Need to make it a priority.

Dh wants to do a vow renewal in Hawaii. Very sweet. On the beach at sunset. Our dd's will be our attendants. Should be lovely. Now I have even more incentive for goal! And I'll need a new dress. Never been to HI, but doing lots of research on it and getting excited!
Old 03-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #769
Big Yapper!

Exactly! Just what I was thinking, too. They are strict about the percentages of fat to pro to carb, but otherwise it's Atkins all the way. I could never afford those ketone strips to test my blood for ketones. Those suckers cost too much money. I decided to give Carbohydrate Addict Diet a go. It's Atkins with only 3 meals a day; one being a reward meal that can have a balance portion of starches. Must eat meal in one hour. No snacks or calories between the three meals. Doesn't sound too horrible.

Got 2" of snow already. I just can't take much more. The weather person said that we were in the 70's on this day last year. They are saying we could get up to 6" before it changes over to a slushy mix tomorrow.

Get me out of here.

Awww! Renewing your vows! Sounds perfect, Julie. When????

Night!

Last edited by CherylB; 03-18-2013 at 07:46 PM..
Old 03-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #770
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-bummer!! Snow isn't as bad as the freezing rain and mix . Snow I can shovel. Can't do anything w. ice or slush! I like the CAD plan, but I fear it would be too enjoyable and I wouldn't lose. Might use it on vacation. Hmmm, I like that idea! Be "good" and LC for bfast and lunch (I'm not a huge snacker normally) then have some carbs w. dinner. I may do that for P4 and vacation too.

My real problem is the timing of this vacation. I know we had to book it for May 20-30, since the deal was too good to pass up. I moved the dates around, but it would be an extra $200+ to go another date. Our actual anniversary isn't until July 4th, but it'll be too hot and crowded by then. So, May 20 it id. My bday is May 26, so we'll be in Maui that day too. Will be one long celebration!

I have 9 weeks from yesterday. I'm on VLCD11. Theoretically, I start P3 on Easter Sunday. I'm thinking of going back on P2 after that day, calling it a PI but not really gonna stop dosing... I've never really cheated on P2. Where are those threads on relaods? I think that may be what my plan is. We'll see. If, by some miracle, I'm around 145 on my last dose day, then I'll probably just move on so I have more time to stabilize. . I would have time for 1 more week of P2 then 3 weeks P3 and 3 weeks P4 before I leave. Sorry, just rambling now and thinking out loud. I guess we'll see. I'm not sure I'll wait until Friday to weigh. We'll see.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #771
Big Yapper!

You sound like you're doing really good, Julie. How great to have such a wonderful trip and experience coming up, for motivation. That would really light a fire under my fanny, for sure. I wish I wasn't like that. I wish just knowing that every day I live will be lived better when I'm at a healthy weight, would be enough to get me there.

I shouldn't be on the computer. It just doesn't get me relaxed for sleep but I'm such a creature of habit that it's hard not to keep doing the same old things. Anyway, hugs to you! Sleep tight.

Last edited by CherylB; 03-19-2013 at 08:16 PM..
Old 03-20-2013, 10:03 AM   #772
Big Yapper!!!!

LOL Cheryl. Me too. I go online even when I shouldn't be . Hard to keep it all in balance, I miss my "down time". I also do better w. a carrot dangled before me. It's human nature. The added joy of being fit and healthy has value, but I'd be lying if I said I'd eat healthy even if I didn't lose weight from it. Truthfully, I'd eat tollhouse choc chip cookies every day if I could get away w. it . But, I can't, so I don't . (but I really wish I could!

Today is VLCD12. I'm down to 153.6 today which is progress, but I plan to get into the 140's solidly in the next 9 days. Not sure I'll be able to do that. My losses are not usually good the second half the round. We'll see. I'm probably going to keep weighing infrequently (i.e. not daily) but more than once a week. I like to plan .

I also just got home from the gym. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and some weights w. my friend. Not too heavy on the weights and it felt good the first few sets, then I started feeling sick, so I stopped. I am glad I went and plan to lift at least once a week all through this round. Hopefully it will minimize that "exercise gain" I always suffer in P3/P4.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #773
Big Yapper!

You'll be back in the 140's before you know it, Julie. KUTGW!
Old 03-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #774
Big Yapper!!!!

I hope so Cheryl!!

I'm on VLCD13 today. Almost 2/3 of the way through (if I get to do a short round). Still not hungry much aside from meal time, and quite content on the food. I feel pretty good overall, but overdid it at the gym yesterday. Cant' do HIIT and weights at the same visit. That was a bit ambitious, and I was wiped all day from it. I am getting to the lightheaded stage of my round. I try to get up slowly, drink a lot of water and take supplements, but I definitely get a bit woozy as it goes on. Even w. a tad more protein than protocol. I'll be refeeding on Easter, or starting P3, so that'll prob give me a bit of a boost. Official week 2 weigh in tomorrow. I'd love to 150, then I'd have a good chance of getting to 140something in week 3. We'll see. Still the plan.

I am finding myself online too much lately and feeling convicted about it. I'm gonna' try to do a visit each morning and then call that it for the day. Trying not to obsess about weight and I get caught up w. posts here and find myself spending WAY too much time here. Sigh. I do enjoy my socialization and hope to strike the right balance.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #775
Big Yapper!

Julie, I hope this light-headed phase passes quickly. Let us know how your weekly weigh-in goes tomorrow. You're doing great! I think many people are spending a lot less time online, or at least on LCF. Things have slowed way down on almost all of my subscribed threads. I feel alone too much of the time when I sign in here. I check and there are often no new posts. Time for me to do something more constructive, too.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #776
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl. Sorry to leave you in the lurch . It seems there isn't enough time in the day for me to squeeze everything into it .

VLCD15 here. Weighed in today, 152.8 and 153. Went w. 153. Was hoping for 151, but TOM arrived this morning and I hope is gonna' take some lbs when it leaves. If I don't make 148 by next Fri. (which looks doubtful at this point) I suppose I'll do a refeed day on Easter (trying to be as in control as possible, but hosting Easter dinner for our family will be really tough w.o. having some off plan foods). I feel pretty good. Still a bit lightheaded and have had a headache for the past 2 days. But, overall, the hunger is minimal and energy is fine. Plugging along. Can't wait to be back in the 140's!!
Old 03-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #777
Big Yapper!!!!

Down to 152.4 this morning.crawling along, but at least it's dropping.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #778

That is wonderful Julie!! Especially when you consider where you started!! Slow losses are better than UP..
Old 03-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #779
Big Yapper!

Keep on keepin' on, sweetie!
Old 03-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #780
Big Yapper!!!!

Indeed, down, even slowly, is better than up! But I'm so ready to eat real food again. Soon enough! Thanks for the support and encouragement ladies!

I'm on VLCD16 today and down to 152.2 today. Considering I probably was about 165 from loading, I'll take it. Still hoping to get to 148 by Fri, but suspect I won't. We'll see. Onward and downward!