Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hi Julie,
I was just watching Dr Oz... it was on Overcome Your Metabolism Slump. Excellent!! If you can somehow watch it, I highly recommend it to you. The lady on the show has just released a book/diet on it.
It was on "Overcome Your Metabolism Slump" Haylie Pomroy - search for her name, & you'll find her new book. Excellent advise, using real foods.
Thanks! I just saw this, must have missed it last week? I'll look that up. It seems compatible w. the SANE eating plan Deb is talking about. If you go to her journal, linked in her siggy, she has several links to the podcasts and his free ebook (not the complete plan, but a solid overview of it). Great place to start, and I like what I'm reading so far. Sounds like you're in a great place though. Exercising regularly and eating well and balanced. Weren't you continuing to lose more weight and looking to adjust so you wouldn't? That sounds like a thriving success to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
The more I listen to those podcasts, the more information is sinking into my tiny brain... It just makes so much sense.. OMG.

Anyway, I know you don't have much time for listening, but if you ever do, WOW.. they are so good. I just listened to 33 podcasts!... But each and every one I learned from.

Good luck with your busy weekend, but ENJOY!!!!!
Thanks! I need to find a way to listen to them in the car. That's probably my most stationary place . I'm working on upping my veggies and eating more often. THat's hard for me. I dont' "eat" until 11 or so, but enjoy my coffee in the morning. I'm not sure I can get that much protein in!! I'm trying though. Eating well w. more veggies basically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post

I'm very interested in this program Julie, sounds good. I subscribed, but can not seem to find the info on the diet. Is it all podcasts? I'd like to read about it before buying the book, if that's possible.

Sorry you're having a tough go of it. Hope you have a break-through soon, for all your good efforts!
See my post above. Deb has lots of links to the podcasts and the free ebook on her journal. It's good stuff. Balanced, focused on eating more protein, lots of veggies. Lower fat, but he says that's to optimize the protein content for lower calories. Not sure how I feel about that, egg whites are to me, but I'm working on it. Gotta' get more quest bars, that's a good way to add fiber and protein and I like them too!

I'm plugging away. Played 2 hours of softball Mon. night (still recovering from that! sore and bruised from catching those wicked throws from short stop ) and hit the gym this morning. 30 min intense cardio on the arc trainer, eccentric leg press, 3 sets of squats and inverse abs good, sweaty and sore! I'll get at least 1 more in, and keep the eating in control. I'm hopeful this will eventually start wokring for me. Looks good on paper

Hope your'e all doing well!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #722
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Thanks! I just saw this, must have missed it last week? I'll look that up. It seems compatible w. the SANE eating plan Deb is talking about. If you go to her journal, linked in her siggy, she has several links to the podcasts and his free ebook (not the complete plan, but a solid overview of it). Great place to start, and I like what I'm reading so far. Sounds like you're in a great place though. Exercising regularly and eating well and balanced. Weren't you continuing to lose more weight and looking to adjust so you wouldn't? That sounds like a thriving success to me!

Thanks! I need to find a way to listen to them in the car. That's probably my most stationary place . I'm working on upping my veggies and eating more often. THat's hard for me. I dont' "eat" until 11 or so, but enjoy my coffee in the morning. I'm not sure I can get that much protein in!! I'm trying though. Eating well w. more veggies basically.

See my post above. Deb has lots of links to the podcasts and the free ebook on her journal. It's good stuff. Balanced, focused on eating more protein, lots of veggies. Lower fat, but he says that's to optimize the protein content for lower calories. Not sure how I feel about that, egg whites are to me, but I'm working on it. Gotta' get more quest bars, that's a good way to add fiber and protein and I like them too!

I'm plugging away. Played 2 hours of softball Mon. night (still recovering from that! sore and bruised from catching those wicked throws from short stop ) and hit the gym this morning. 30 min intense cardio on the arc trainer, eccentric leg press, 3 sets of squats and inverse abs good, sweaty and sore! I'll get at least 1 more in, and keep the eating in control. I'm hopeful this will eventually start working for me. Looks good on paper

Hope you're all doing well!
Thanks Julie,
I did find the site & e-book. Its kind of hard to read, because of the size & format so you can't make it bigger. I can't download large files, so leery of the pod-casts. I love reading the latest greatest on diets, so might order one of those books. Learning how to boost the metabolism with real foods is a very interesting concept. I have been so worried about adding foods back in, like fruit & salt. Need more confidence in that...

The flex machine is doing great for helping me build slimming muscle & get stronger. But I can not stand the idea of the scale going up. I like the scale going down...

Hope you find success with the new program.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #723
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Julie! How's your day going? Happy V Day!
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #724
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Debby! It's hard to find the time to listen to the podcasts, but they're good.

Cheryl=how was your Vday? We had a nice lunch date (dh and I) and then spent the day w. the girls. I'm very blessed!

I'm doing a GYCD today. I'm so far past P4 I'm not sure it'll work but I need a mental shake up to get back into eating sensibly. I seem to have this indulgent mentality I can't get rid of. No matter how high the scale climbs! I am resisting going back to hcg, but I gain weight so quickly and easliy now, it's very frustrating!! I'm not sure I can actually lose weight any other way at this point. I think the higher carbs are making me hungrier than normal. I am thinking that tomorrow I will go back to strict Atkins. I won't push the fat or calories, but will definetly be taking it more seriously.

I need to remember to not use an indulgence as a license to make it a "cheat" day, then the next day, since I'm already "off plan" why not 1 more piece of chocolate, cake, etc. It's a VERY slippery slope!! Trust me on this one!! . I need to whip myself into shape!!

We're off for a bike ride today. I'll be back to the gym tomorrow. I need to be scared and take this gain seriously. I need to get rid of it, not add to it!
Keep fighting the fight ladies!!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #725
Big Yapper!

Just another day, Julie. My sweetheart is my fur-baby and it was just another day to her, too. I'm glad you had a really nice one.

It must be something in the air (the "indulgent mentality.") Struggling with that myself. I hope your GYCD does something to help snap you out of it. I'm on another hhcg round but it's a very loose rogue round so far. Not even bothering to weigh. We'll see how I feel as time goes by.

Have to get ready for work. TTYL. Have a great day. (Yes. Take the regain seriously or you will end up like me, starting from over 200 again. You can't think it would ever happen again, but somehow it does.)
Old 02-19-2013, 07:39 AM   #726
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-if you want some sunshine, you're always welcome here in AZ. You're right. That's how we end up in the vicious cycle - growing weary watching and "dieting" and we wake up one day back where we started! I need to be diligent. It's just hard. I get tired of always being in control, kwim? But, with God's help and His strength, we can do it!!

I'm down 4+lbs from my GYCD. Whew!! I was recently up that much from all the choc. et. al I've been indulging in, but lately it hasn't gone down no matter what I do!! I am planning to eat lightly (to hunger!) LC/Atkins today and do some type of CD tomorrow. I'm realy hoping to get some of this recent gain back off before it becomes comfortable with me!!

We did a fun trial ride in the mountains yesterday. More challenging than our past rides, which was nice. Good sweat . I'm dressed for the gym today, but not sure I'll make it there. Dd(12) has a pulled hip flexor muscle, finally took her to a sports med Dr yesterday, we thought it was a groin strain, but apparently not). So, she needs to take it easy - no running or jumping until healed, see a P/T ($!) and ice/anti-inflam for a few weeks. I need to take her to practice tonight to discuss w. her coaches. They've given her a hard time lately and I think it's time for mama-bear to step in!!

Have a great day ladies!! We can do it!! 1 day at a time. Make good choices today!
Old 02-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #727
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
One day at a time Julie and 1 pound at a time!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #728
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Maggie! How's your round going? Are you sticking to protocol? I've toyed w. varying the protocol, not sure I could do a BTB round? I've been thinking about it again. I want to lose weight through healthy eating and exercise, but my body just doesn't want to do it. Sigh. It's so frustrating!!

Sigh. I suspect an hcg round will be the only way I can lose then I'll need to work on the stabilization and maintenance better. I should schedule a round more carefully, w.o. a vacation or Bday in the stabilization weeks. That would be good! I should sit down w. my calendar and see what my options are. Hmmmm. Not sure I can do it. I want the results though!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #729
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Julie today is my second day on the Protocol and I am pretty much sticking with the 500 calories for now and will up my protein or add down the road IF I need it.
I was just waiting for Tom to leave so the weekend worked out perfect for loading and so far no hunger and that is always good. I had some failed attempts last year and I wasn't ready for it mentally and now it seems I am. I am crazy! Oh well, learning that food is not as important as I place it but then again maybe it's just the drops taking away my hunger for it, who knows. What I know is that my clothes feel tight and I need to lose some inches so I started with what makes me feel well in my clothes and that is the Hhcg Protocol. I know this diet makes one lose fast but it is P3 and 4 as we well know that we have to watch out for so I am working on that mentally and preparing myself for it. I know I have an issue with wheat, dairy and nuts and not over-indulging in them so I am working on temporilay have those items on special occasions. I can find a special occasion everyday if I let myself. Anyway just plugging away here on day 2 and feeling pretty good but we shall see how I do down the road. Keep figuring out what works for you Julie I know you can. Have a nice Tuesday!

Last edited by MagieDen; 02-19-2013 at 11:34 AM..
Old 02-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #730
Big Yapper!

Hi, ladies. Julie, I'm sorry to hear of your dd's injury. I hope she heals quickly. And I hope you figure out if you want to do another hhcg round or not. I had begun one but aborted the whole thing. All I wanted to keep doing was loading. Guess I just wasn't in the right place.

Keep on plugging, Maggie.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #731
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Hi Debby! It's hard to find the time to listen to the podcasts, but they're good.

I need to remember to not use an indulgence as a license to make it a "cheat" day, then the next day, since I'm already "off plan" why not 1 more piece of chocolate, cake, etc. It's a VERY slippery slope!! Trust me on this one!! . I need to whip myself into shape!!

We're off for a bike ride today. I'll be back to the gym tomorrow. I need to be scared and take this gain seriously. I need to get rid of it, not add to it!
Keep fighting the fight ladies!!
Hey Julie

I got a newsletter from SANE today, which directed me to where the "written articles" were, so I was able to read up on some of it. Looks EXCELLENT! It would cost me about $50 to listen to their podcasts / as I get charged for what I download/upload. I think, after reading their articles that it would be a good book to get. Are you going to try it?

I'm very curious about their exercises. What a great tool if you don't have time to exercise (like when I'm on a trip).

Someone here is following this, I hope she comments.

The "need to get scared" thing is part of the process, that's for sure. There will come a day, when its just not worth it to go down that sugar-trail. Hope it doesn't take you as many years to "own" as it did me!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #732
Big Yapper!!!!

Debby-you're so right. I forget how enjoyable LC is and get tempted away by the carbs. I guess I want to have my cake and eat it too! I've been an Atkins girl for nearly 10 yearw now. I would love to eat like "everyone else", but in reality, I can't. If I do, I gain. There will be times when it's worth it, but for now, I'm content back on strict LC and planning to keep living my life this way. I got seduced by the hcg promise to "reset" my hypothalmus and "heal" me so I can be like everyone else. Sigh. Didn't happen. But, I did get to drop my goal weight down and am encouraged that I can weigh in the 140's and comfortably fit in size 8 and some 6 clothing. That's an exciting goal for me!! I plan to be back there for good soon!

I'm down another lb today! Back in the 150's!! I'm happy! I had yummy LC food all day yesterday, and tried to keep busy and only eat when I was actually hungry. I was going to do another CD today, but just had GY for bfast. Worked out (more cardio today than weights, we'll see if that helps the scale) and was really hungry when I got home. We were out of eggs, so the idea of an egg CD was lost. Oh well. I'll do a clean LC day and tomorrow can be another CD. I'm feeling much more in control and focused, which is great! I need to stay the course. Thankfully, there aren't any real temptations coming up. Whew!!

We are going to CA Mar 2-9, which will be a relaxing vacation. LC will work fine for that. I've decided that if I'm confortably in the low 150's by then, I'll stick w. LC. If I'm still stuck in the upper 150's, I'll consider another hcg round. We'll see. I don't want to rule it out, as it is a good tool to lose the weight, I'm just frustrated with my inability to keep it off.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:53 AM   #733
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Yeah, I don't think the reset thing worked for me either.. You are doing great Julie! LC is the best way to go in my opinion. I am also eating mainly LC now, I have dropped most fruit. Still having the non starchy veges with my meat, but LC is my mainstay..

I hope you have a fantastic time in Cali!.. I sure do miss it!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #734
Big Yapper!!!!

I think my computer is acting up. I didn't see these replies until today? Strange!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Julie today is my second day on the Protocol and I am pretty much sticking with the 500 calories for now and will up my protein or add down the road IF I need it.
I was just waiting for Tom to leave so the weekend worked out perfect for loading and so far no hunger and that is always good. I had some failed attempts last year and I wasn't ready for it mentally and now it seems I am. I am crazy! Oh well, learning that food is not as important as I place it but then again maybe it's just the drops taking away my hunger for it, who knows. What I know is that my clothes feel tight and I need to lose some inches so I started with what makes me feel well in my clothes and that is the Hhcg Protocol. I know this diet makes one lose fast but it is P3 and 4 as we well know that we have to watch out for so I am working on that mentally and preparing myself for it. I know I have an issue with wheat, dairy and nuts and not over-indulging in them so I am working on temporilay have those items on special occasions. I can find a special occasion everyday if I let myself. Anyway just plugging away here on day 2 and feeling pretty good but we shall see how I do down the road. Keep figuring out what works for you Julie I know you can. Have a nice Tuesday!
Sounds like you're doing great!! I think you're wise to be psyching yourself up for P3/P4 now. I tend to white knuckle it through P2 then celebrate my success (prematurely) when I make it to P3! I try to tell myself it's at least a 9 week commitment to sacrifice on the food side, but when I "arrive" I tend to lose control. And I too can find a way to celebrate w. food everyday!! I was saying just that to dd(12) yesterday - if we have a "treat" everyday, does that make it a "treat" or just a normal part of how we eat? Chips shouldn't be a daily part of your diet... etc. I'm still a work in progress and hope I can help my dd not make the same mistakes and bad choices I have made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Hi, ladies. Julie, I'm sorry to hear of your dd's injury. I hope she heals quickly. And I hope you figure out if you want to do another hhcg round or not. I had begun one but aborted the whole thing. All I wanted to keep doing was loading. Guess I just wasn't in the right place.

Keep on plugging, Maggie.
She's doing a bit better. Got a Rx anti-inflam and icing/rest have helped a bit. Some P/T today (at $50 a pop!!) should give her some things she can do at home to get back in the game. I think she's going to overdo it now that it's starting to hurt less. She's not good about stopping when it hurts (which is how she got here in the first place). Hopefully the P/T will give her good counsel today.
I totally get the failed attempt. I'd be there myself, but I knew I couldn't hack the sacrifice. It'll take a lot of frustration and desperation for me to get back to a round, but I may end up there. We'll see. I feel like I need to completely exhaust all other avenues before I accept it's really the only way to get back to my 140's goal. KWIM? LC is good for now.

I'm heading to SCal for a week in early March and will see how I do when I'm there. We're driving so I may bring my scale for accountability. I'm still working out 3X a week, and should probably up that. But, since I gain when I work out, I'm trying to balance it. I'm back on the top end of the 150's so a good 10+lbs would get me where I want to go. Why is that so hard? I've lost over 100lbs!! What's a measly 10?

So, toward that end, I'm shooting for a CD today. Coffee/cream so far. I do have steak in the fridge, so I could do a steak day (I do 2 since I can't go all day w.o. eating) and I also boiled some eggs. I may try an egg CD, but suspect I'll do a combo w. eggs for lunch and steak for dinner. Either way, this CDlike day approach, makes me really think before I eat. I am regaining some of the mental fortitude it takes to drop the lbs!!

I worked out hard yesterday and am a bit sore today. Not awful, but aware of the muscles who were worked Good place to be. Gym again tomorrow for day 3 this week . I think if I can get this part of my routine established that if/when I go back for another hcg round if needed, I will set myself up for a better P3/P4. We'll see.

Have a great Thursday all!
Old 02-21-2013, 07:11 AM   #735
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Yeah, I don't think the reset thing worked for me either.. You are doing great Julie! LC is the best way to go in my opinion. I am also eating mainly LC now, I have dropped most fruit. Still having the non starchy veges with my meat, but LC is my mainstay..

I hope you have a fantastic time in Cali!.. I sure do miss it!
Me too! Thankfully it's only a 6 hour drive for me. I'm going back in July for a vball camp for dd. . I am doing mostly meat/veggies too. I have some SF choc I keep on hand for when I need a little something. It's not a bad way to eat, I just wish others did it more, leaving less room for temptation .
Old 02-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #736
Big Yapper!

Just checking in. Making the rounds! Your CA trip sounds like a lot of fun. You'll get those last 10 lbs off but it will take time. I'm glad you're enjoying the gym and still managing to drop the weight on the scale. That's a huge accomplishment! You always say how you gain when you work out. And think how amazing you'll look and how your clothes will fit THIS time around, when you get back to goal. You'll be smaller than you were before cause you'll be firmer and have more lean muscle mass. Keep on truckin', honey.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #737
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, I tried on a favorite pair of jeans today and they won't button . I guess my irrational hope that this weight was just temporary has been burst. Sigh. Oh well, gotta' keep moving ahead.

Busy day here, teaching science co-op this morning, girls have piano lessons and I go over to take care of my mom today, and we have small group Bible study tonight. Should be a full and fun day.

Scale still stuck, but I'm trying to be patient . Not a forte in the weight loss world, but I'll live.

Cheryl-I hope you're right! I hope under this layer of insulation I'm lean and muscular! I just feel big! CA will be fun. Dh isn't coming, he's got to work that week and is on call. Even if he took some vacation days, he'd have to work if called (which he always is). So, he's staying home, watching the dogs, and being jealous . He's travelled a lot w.o. us, so I'm not feeling guilty! I'm planning to meet up w. ShelbyLa while in Ca. How's LC going for you? Do you feel like you're in ketosis? I'm not sure I am, I keep adding in more fruit than Atkins induction should have. Just enjoyed some GY and strawberries, which I know are good for me, but not Atkins. I need to decide if I want to follow true Atkins, w. induction in there too, or just my own LC plan. Not sure yet.

Hope you all have a great weekend! Dd(9) has a vball game tomorrow, dd(12) is still recovering from her injury and thankfully doesn't have a tournament until next weekend. I'm going to workout tomorrow, since today is too busy!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #738
Big Yapper!

Wow! You're behind the times as far as what plan I'm on, but that's not surprising. I keep changing and re-thinking and trying something old but different. I was on Atkins but stop losing weight after week one. Then I tried hhcg but couldn't stop loading. So I stopped taking the pellets and I'm still eating as if I'm loading. I'm in limbo but thinking what to do next. I think it's time to do something that my body has never experienced, since it seems to know how to compensate and work against my efforts whenever I do something I've done in the past. Ya know? So, time for something completely new so my body has no defenses built-up.

Sorry your hubby won't be able to go with you but like you said, he's gone places without you so it's okay. Guilt-free trip for y'all! I hope you get your plan worked out (WOE, I mean.) Ever considered taking your hhcg while eating the way you are eating right now? Might actually help you to shed the lbs. Who knows!? I certainly don't.

Have a nice weekend. I will be at the farm today and Sunday, but if it snows hard and the manager is at the farm on Sunday, I may be told to stay at home. Would be happy to be told that.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #739
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-hope your time at the farm went well! SPring is coming!

I'm still up too far on the scale. Sigh. I was really expecting to be back in the mid 150's at least by now, but still at 159 . I'm bummed! Trying to be patient, but this roll around my middle is getting too comfortable here! I think I'll have to bite the bullet and do another round. It's certainly not the end of the world, but I'd prefer to lose it w/ LC and exercise. Sigh. Oh well, I'll focus on being thankful I have some way to lose, not complain about it!

So, I leave this weekend for a fun, relaxing week in Ca w. my dd's. Planning lunch w/ Shelbyla, visit w. my Aunt and Uncle, day at California Adventure, swimming in the heated pool, walks on the beach, reading, relaxing! I may start loading mid-week and start VLCDs at the end of my week away. I need to get this weight back off then focus on maintaining. I seem good and stable up here at 159, but I'd like to be at least 10lbs lighter. We'll see how it goes. I'll pack my pellets and try to load while there. Should be the easy part . I won't bring my scale (maybe I will? haven't decided yet) and that will make it hard for a starting weight. It doesn't really matter as much to me at this point, I just want to get lower, back to the high 140's please!

We're talking about going to Hawaii mid-May. If I do a 3 week round 3/7, then 3/30 I'll be done w. VLCDs. That gives me all of April to stabilize before we go to Hawaii. I don't want to try to stablize while travelling again. That was my downfall last time. In retrospect, I probably should have made it an interruption and gone back for another week of P2. But, to be honest, you likely couldn't have paid me to do more P2 at that point . I really detest it! But, it does work. I'm hoping for a good 10lbs from it, and hopefully b/c it's "new" regain it'll go w.o. much fight! A girl can dream!

Last edited by julieboolie; 02-26-2013 at 02:44 PM..
Old 02-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #740
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have fun in California Julie, my birthplace. Enjoy yourself!
Old 02-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #741
Big Yapper!

Sounds like a plan, Julie. And what a great incentive, as if you needed one. Wow! Take that hhcg with you to CA and pick your loading days. Just get the lbs back off and be done with it. Like you said, then you can just keep it off! Seems like that should be the easier of the two situations, but since I've yet to get anywhere near goal, what do I know?
Old 02-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #742
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Hey there--was just buzzing through the journals and had to tell you that, having met the lovely Shelbyla myself, I can tell you that you are in for a treat! She's such a neat person! And we're having gorgeous weather here in SoCal lately, too, so find an outdoor cafe!

Btw, like you, I really didn't want to do another hcg round to get my little weight gain off, but I'm so glad that I'm doing it. It's going swimmingly and the weight is just coming right off. For me, low carb is superb for appetite control and maintaining, but it just doesn't seem to move the weight off any more, or at least, does it so slowly that I get impatient and frustrated. I think it works quickly for me when I'm heavier, but when I'm close to my ideal weight, it just doesn't get the job done.

Have a great trip!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:36 AM   #743
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Hey there--was just buzzing through the journals and had to tell you that, having met the lovely Shelbyla myself, I can tell you that you are in for a treat! She's such a neat person! And we're having gorgeous weather here in SoCal lately, too, so find an outdoor cafe!

Btw, like you, I really didn't want to do another hcg round to get my little weight gain off, but I'm so glad that I'm doing it. It's going swimmingly and the weight is just coming right off. For me, low carb is superb for appetite control and maintaining, but it just doesn't seem to move the weight off any more, or at least, does it so slowly that I get impatient and frustrated. I think it works quickly for me when I'm heavier, but when I'm close to my ideal weight, it just doesn't get the job done.

Have a great trip!
Thanks! I appreciate the encouragement. This is me to a T. I try and try, but nothing. So happy your round is going well . I hope for a good round. We'll see. I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I'll be happy w. 10lbs, but 15 would be great! Where in SCal are you? I went to UCI and am visiting Newport Beach. It's nice weather here in AZ, but I love the beach and Disneyland . Thanks for popping in . So nice to see your pretty face!

Quote:
Sounds like a plan, Julie. And what a great incentive, as if you needed one. Wow! Take that hhcg with you to CA and pick your loading days. Just get the lbs back off and be done with it. Like you said, then you can just keep it off! Seems like that should be the easier of the two situations, but since I've yet to get anywhere near goal, what do I know?
I do better w. goals . Hawaii would be a nice reward! And, hopefully, if my timing is good, I'll be solidly in P4 when I go. I dont' think of Hawaii as a food indulgence. If it were a cruise, yep. But just staying at a hotel? I'll be better . It's bittersweet having hit "goal". Now I know it's possible, I really want it. But, I get so mad that I can't make it happen! Hope you can find a plan that works for you. Are you like me w/ a broken body? One that doens't lose weight like "normal" people? Sigh.

Quote:
Have fun in California Julie, my birthplace. Enjoy yourself!
What part? I went to college in Irvine.
I always have fun at the beach. There's just something so grounding and peaceful for me. I could walk for miles and miles (and plan to!). The only challeng I'll have is dd(12) has a pulled hip flexor and shouldn't overdo the walking. I hate to leave her and walk off. We'll see what the crowd is like. I suspect it'll be pretty sparse. She's a smart, mature girl, but I hate to take risks. W/o dh along, I'll be tethered to my girls more. It'll be a nice week .

STS again today. Geesh! Silly body doesn't seem to want to lose any weight once it's back up. So frustrating!! I'm sore from workign out yesterday, both a blessing and a curse. I guess that means I did something , but it'd be nice to move w.o. pain!

Going to eat LC again today. It'll keep me stable unitl I can lose again.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #744
Big Yapper!

So much to look forward to in the near future! I'm sorry it will be a challenge to have your dd along who can't keep up with you when you want to walk a long way. She will be fine, though. Does she have her own cell phone? If not, do you own a set of walkie talkies? They are very cool and very useful at times like the ones you are describing. And if she has a video game to play or kindle or something to keep her occupied while she's sitting around waiting for her Mom to return, I'm sure the time will fly for her.

I don't know if my body is broken, as you describe yours. I can certainly get a lot of work out of it! The farm is showing me that, beyond a shadow of a doubt. As far as weight loss goes, my problem is just sticking to the plan I'm on and not "treating myself" from time to time, that sometimes (oftentimes) turns into a longer binge. I think I can pretty-much lose weight with any plan I try, so long as I don't give up on it and "bail" when the scale starts to creep along.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:48 AM   #745
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I grew up in Chino actually born at home. Chino was more country when I grew up there, more dairy farmers. I hated to go into LA but had a girlfriend that loved to drive the freeways of California. I haven't been back for a long time , like 24 years really. Hubby says I need to visit, both parents are deceased and I have 1 brother and 3 sisters that still live there. One sister lives in Rancho Cucamonga, another Pomona, brother lives in the Chino Hills and another sister lives in Yucipa. All my other siblings live in Tennesee, New Mexico and Colorado Springs. Pheww we are a large family that is for sure. Anyway, had a girlfriend that went to Irvine and I visited there often. Have a nice time!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #746
Blabbermouth!!!

Julie (and Maggie), I live in Yorba Linda, which is just a stone's throw from Chino Hills (I'm up in the foothills in far east YL.) The other side of YL borders on Anaheim, so I'm also not far at all from Disney land--at least by California standards! Was just there a few weeks ago with my daughter. We spent most of the day at California Adventure. The park was nearly empty and walked onto any ride we wanted.

You HAVE to ride the new Cars rides in DCA! They did such a beautiful job staging that area--you feel like you're right inside the movie.

Edited to add: my daughter lives in Newport Beach, or "Newps," as she calls it. Her gigantic apartment complex is across the street from Fashion Island and an easy walk to the Back Bay and an easy bike ride to Balboa. But she pays dearly (in rent) for that excellent location.....oy.

Last edited by verbqueen; 02-28-2013 at 12:17 PM..
Old 03-02-2013, 09:14 AM   #747
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
So much to look forward to in the near future! I'm sorry it will be a challenge to have your dd along who can't keep up with you when you want to walk a long way. She will be fine, though. Does she have her own cell phone? If not, do you own a set of walkie talkies? They are very cool and very useful at times like the ones you are describing. And if she has a video game to play or kindle or something to keep her occupied while she's sitting around waiting for her Mom to return, I'm sure the time will fly for her.

I don't know if my body is broken, as you describe yours. I can certainly get a lot of work out of it! The farm is showing me that, beyond a shadow of a doubt. As far as weight loss goes, my problem is just sticking to the plan I'm on and not "treating myself" from time to time, that sometimes (oftentimes) turns into a longer binge. I think I can pretty-much lose weight with any plan I try, so long as I don't give up on it and "bail" when the scale starts to creep along.
Yes, she has a cell phone. She's already planning to sit on the beach while I walk. great kid! I'm glad your body will cooperate! That's something to be thankful for!! Glad you're getting lots of exercise at the farm. What a fun way to get and stay in shape!

Quote:
I grew up in Chino actually born at home. Chino was more country when I grew up there, more dairy farmers. I hated to go into LA but had a girlfriend that loved to drive the freeways of California. I haven't been back for a long time , like 24 years really. Hubby says I need to visit, both parents are deceased and I have 1 brother and 3 sisters that still live there. One sister lives in Rancho Cucamonga, another Pomona, brother lives in the Chino Hills and another sister lives in Yucipa. All my other siblings live in Tennesee, New Mexico and Colorado Springs. Pheww we are a large family that is for sure. Anyway, had a girlfriend that went to Irvine and I visited there often. Have a nice time!
Too funny. I dated a guy from Yucaipa, . With the winter you had, I'm surprised you didn't go out for a visit. I'm blessed to be a 6 hour drive away, so it's easy for me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Julie (and Maggie), I live in Yorba Linda, which is just a stone's throw from Chino Hills (I'm up in the foothills in far east YL.) The other side of YL borders on Anaheim, so I'm also not far at all from Disney land--at least by California standards! Was just there a few weeks ago with my daughter. We spent most of the day at California Adventure. The park was nearly empty and walked onto any ride we wanted.

You HAVE to ride the new Cars rides in DCA! They did such a beautiful job staging that area--you feel like you're right inside the movie.

Edited to add: my daughter lives in Newport Beach, or "Newps," as she calls it. Her gigantic apartment complex is across the street from Fashion Island and an easy walk to the Back Bay and an easy bike ride to Balboa. But she pays dearly (in rent) for that excellent location.....oy.
I love DCA! We were there in Nov and I love Carsland. They did and excellent job w/ that. Did you say the wait for RSR was short? That would be great! We do the single rider line to get in more often. We'll be staying rot by your dd. Marriott Coast villas right there in Newport. The weather here in AZ will be nicer, but a heated pool, beaches and DL are so worth it!

I'm trying not to load for 5 days! I am settled on another round, but tend to give myself a license to overeat until I start P2. Trying to stay focused even though I know a round is coming. Have a great week all. I'm sure I'll be around .
Old 03-07-2013, 07:24 AM   #748
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi girls! Just popping in. I've been eating too much, but showing some control. I guess that's something. I'm starting to load today. Trying not to use it as an excuse for gluttony!

Met Shelbyla yesterday. She's so lovely!! We really enjoyed lunch w. her!!

I'll be around more next week. Supposed to get rainy today and tomorrow. Should still be fun, although I'll miss the beach. Then we'll be driving home Sat. Hope you're all doing well!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #749
Big Yapper!

Hey, Julie! Have a wonderful time. I'm glad you got to meet Shelby. I'm sure she thought you were lovely, too.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #750
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello! I want to apologize on behalf of my state for the sucky weather today, haha! But man, last weekend was something else, no? Have a safe trip home!