Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 09:37 AM   #691
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
EXACTLY!!! Establish a routine, then build on that.. great plan!!! I know you can do this Julie, I hope you can lose doing it! 8 pounds is NUTTIN!...

Have a great day!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #692
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
With only 8 lbs to take back off, and working out faithfully at the gym, you are doing great! It's going to take some time to get back to where you were, but you're body remembers being there and it wants to be there again. My body remembers 159 and REALLY wants to be back there again soon. I wonder how long it will take me to get to virgin fat territory again. I miss that so much!

By trail ride, I'm assuming you mean bicycles? I always think of horses but I think bikes might be more likely for you and your family.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #693
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi Julie,
Sounds like you're doing great to me!
I'm so glad to hear you're getting back to the gym, and losing weight without the HGC this time. I kind of think getting away from the quick-fixes is a discipline that helps success to be more permanent. I know that was the only "way out" of the bulimia cycle that I was caught in for years.

You will feel great & look good as you slim down. And such a great example to your dd!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:20 PM   #694
Big Yapper!

Debby, I never knew you struggled with bulimia. Is that something you want to talk about on your journal? I'd love to hear about what you went through.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:33 PM   #695
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Um, not really. Its old history now. Probably 20 yrs. ago now. The Lord set me free.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:47 PM   #696
Big Yapper!

I love when He does that. I have experience in that kind of deliverance too.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:13 AM   #697
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Debby-thanks! I appreciate your encouragement! So happy you're free! Look at you! Skinny, healthy, active! What a great example and inspiration!

Cheryl- yes, bicycles for us. I wish we had horses! That would be a rental day for us, and kinda' spendy. The bikes we own . Still fun though!! Looking forward to it! I hope to drop this 8 lbs quickly, but I'll be happy that it goes without requiring major sacrifices. I'm not sure I'll be up for JUDDDing this strictly indefinitely. We'll see.

Deb-yes, re-establishing "healthy" routines is hard, but worthwhile! How's the exercise going for you? I'd love to be that person who is a "regular" exerciser! One day!

I just got home from the gym, again. I didn't want to go, but dh needed some encouragment to get there. I just lifted yesterday and will run later w. dd, so I did some light weights today. Hope it's not a bad choice. I'm meeting a friend at the gym tomorrow again, so I need to get a rest day in here somewhere! How totally UNlike me . Friday I'll rest .

Today's a Dd. I didn't weigh thought (got up too early!) but know it'll be up. I got up to 2000cals yesterday . Even though the "calculator" says I should get there on UDs, I usually stay around 1800. I am only counting the weekly weight.

Have a great day all!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:50 AM   #698

You are doing great Julie!.. I am still exercising and feel weird if I don't. Who knew...

Habit has to be formed, and although I am not there YET, I am on my way. It usually takes me 30 days to get into a habit.. So another couple of weeks!

Hope you have a great Down day! Your cals sound fine for an UP Day to me.. but who knows..
Old 01-31-2013, 07:19 AM   #699
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Deb! I am trying to be patient w. the scale, but it's hard! You're exercising and eating well and the scale goes up? So !! But, I'm going to stick with it knowing it's good for me.

Frustrated today!! The scale will straighten out eventually, right? I can't remember it taking this long before, but I think so. I always gain when I exercise, and I'm lifting weights 3 days a week w. some cardio in there. I hope eventually to lose some lbs!! Come on already!! I'm up to 158.2 today after a DD yesterday! I am disappointed!! Ready for a reward for sticking to these hard Dds!! Grrr!!

Ok, back to it. It's an UD (thankfully!!) and I'm going to try to keep it LC. Off to meet my friend for racquetball. A first for me!! should be fun!!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:04 AM   #700

oh Wow Julie, I would be frustrated too!!.. I know this is what happened to me too, and I was not strong enough to continue it. Hopefully the scale will straighten out for you!! No fun to starve every other day for nuttin!!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:49 AM   #701
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
hi, julie...popping out of lurkdom for sec. you have mentioned you are eating under your UD cals. from all the reading i have done, it's important to eat all the way up to those UD cals. have you considered trying that? especially after seeing a gain after a DD, i would encourage you to eat, at minimum your calculated UD cals. sometimes i think eating less ISN'T best...especially since you are exercising.

anyway...just wanted to throw that out there....i'm giving JUDDD another try too. i NEED to drill into my head that it IS NOT a fast loss method, but i'm just not willing to do hcg right now and i NEED to do something. so i got to thinking about juddd again and blessedly, my head really got into it and so far (sat will be one week, tomorrow morning will be my first weigh in) it's going really well.
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:11 PM   #702
Big Yapper!

Hi there, Dazy! Nice to see you again. I like your advice to Julie and I hope it helps her get unstuck. I hope JUDDD works well for each of you. Sounds like your first week of JUDDDing went swimmingly! Woohoo! May your weigh-in tomorrow knock your socks off.

Julie, . There's always Atkins! It's working really well for me so far. See siggy.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:14 PM   #703
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
oh Wow Julie, I would be frustrated too!!.. I know this is what happened to me too, and I was not strong enough to continue it. Hopefully the scale will straighten out for you!! No fun to starve every other day for nuttin!!
Most of the JUDDD forum is filled w. folks who don't lose much the first few weeks. They all recommend doing a full month of it. Sigh. That's a lot of sacrifice for no reward! We'll see. I have the time, and the DDs aren't that bad, I'll give it more time. Would really love to be slimmer though! Are you doing well? Sounds like it! hope you're planning a fun weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
hi, julie...popping out of lurkdom for sec. you have mentioned you are eating under your UD cals. from all the reading i have done, it's important to eat all the way up to those UD cals. have you considered trying that? especially after seeing a gain after a DD, i would encourage you to eat, at minimum your calculated UD cals. sometimes i think eating less ISN'T best...especially since you are exercising.

anyway...just wanted to throw that out there....i'm giving JUDDD another try too. i NEED to drill into my head that it IS NOT a fast loss method, but i'm just not willing to do hcg right now and i NEED to do something. so i got to thinking about juddd again and blessedly, my head really got into it and so far (sat will be one week, tomorrow morning will be my first weigh in) it's going really well.
Hi Carrie! So nice to see you!! Love your avi picture! Your kids look great!! I'm not sure what to think about my cal ranges. The calculator (w. exercise accounted for) suggested UDs be about 2200cals. But most on the JUDDD threads suggest 1800cals for the UDs. The DDs are about 500cals. I had lots of food today, so maybe that'll help? I don't know. Trying to follow the experts advice, but it seems different things work for different people. The higher cals are certainly more fun! ! I always worry I just can't lose weight (like normal people). Sigh. That's why I ended up w. hcg. It was the only thing that worked for me. Sigh. Thanks again and hope JUDDD goes well for you!!

Cheryl-I'd MUCH rather do strict induction to lose. If only it would work for me these days. I haven't been able to really lose on strict Atkins for years. That's what lead me to hcg in the first place. I can't seem to lose without extreme measures. I hope JUDDD is extreme enough. We'll see. you're doing great!! Enjoy it and be well!! KUTGW!!

Well, I had popcorn for "dessert" while watching American Idol. That'll hurt on the scale I'm sure. I think the theory of being able to eat what you want (carbs!) on UDs is what really appeals to me about JUDDD. Many do it LC, but I dont' really want to do that. We'll see. If I LC, it'll not likely be w. strict rotations. We'll see. 1 day at a time!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:02 AM   #704
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Hi Carrie! So nice to see you!! Love your avi picture! Your kids look great!! I'm not sure what to think about my cal ranges. The calculator (w. exercise accounted for) suggested UDs be about 2200cals. But most on the JUDDD threads suggest 1800cals for the UDs. The DDs are about 500cals. I had lots of food today, so maybe that'll help? I don't know. Trying to follow the experts advice, but it seems different things work for different people. The higher cals are certainly more fun! ! I always worry I just can't lose weight (like normal people). Sigh. That's why I ended up w. hcg. It was the only thing that worked for me. Sigh. Thanks again and hope JUDDD goes well for you!!

Well, I had popcorn for "dessert" while watching American Idol. That'll hurt on the scale I'm sure. I think the theory of being able to eat what you want (carbs!) on UDs is what really appeals to me about JUDDD. Many do it LC, but I dont' really want to do that. We'll see. If I LC, it'll not likely be w. strict rotations. We'll see. 1 day at a time!
i'm just the same, julie...lc just doesn't cut it. i like juddd for the built in 'recovery' days. no they may not be fun, but i tell myself it's only one day. i went to hcg b/c nothing was working for me either, but i can't wrap my head around doing it again. i want to find a way to live and lose (if needed) without changing my woe...ie with juddd maintenance you raise DD and/or decrease the number of DDs...if i need to drop a couple pounds, i would just lower those DD cals and/or add another DD...i realize to lose something has to change, but with juddd it can all be the same woe, just with minor tweaks to lose or maintain....am i making sense?? lol... so i really want to find a way to love this woe. and i need to realize it is not a fast method.

good luck julie...
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #705
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
i'm just the same, julie...lc just doesn't cut it. i like juddd for the built in 'recovery' days. no they may not be fun, but i tell myself it's only one day. i went to hcg b/c nothing was working for me either, but i can't wrap my head around doing it again. i want to find a way to live and lose (if needed) without changing my woe...ie with juddd maintenance you raise DD and/or decrease the number of DDs...if i need to drop a couple pounds, i would just lower those DD cals and/or add another DD...i realize to lose something has to change, but with juddd it can all be the same woe, just with minor tweaks to lose or maintain....am i making sense?? lol... so i really want to find a way to love this woe. and i need to realize it is not a fast method.

good luck julie...
I WANT to like it too! I want it to work for me. I like the idea freedom on the UDs and built in correction on the DDs. But, so far, I'm up 2lbs in the 2 weeks I've been trying it. I've been working out 3-4 times a week for most of this past month. I haven't done a super low carb version on the UDs and I don't want to. I guess I feel like if I have to do the UDs LC, I might as well just do LC. I will maybe lose a lb a month w. strict LC (average) if I'm working out this much. I think I may go back to that. I do NOT like the DDs. They are total torture for me as I really like to eat!!

I'm hanging in there, Mon will be 2 full weeks of JUDDD and I'm really hoping for a whoosh! But, I'm doing a MD tomorrow as we're celebrating dh's bday and Sun we're going to a Superbowl party. So a DD won't work this weekend. I'll be doing a DD Mon and take Tues' weight as my JUDDD induction final weigh in. I sure hope it's down. This gain is pretty recent and I wonder if just lighter LC eating would have netted me a nice loss this month. I can usually CD some of it back off. Sigh.

Why can't I lose weight as easily as everyone else? I follow plans to the letter!! Sigh. I guess I need to be content that at least hcg works for me. I'm beginning to believe that'll be the only way to lose more weight at this point. I don't want to do it!

I'll prob stop JUDDD if this doesn't magically improve by Mon and go back to LC while I exercise. Maybe something magical will happen. At least w/ LC I can eat when I'm hungry. I don't like overriding that natural hunger mechanism. I am glad I'm back into regular exercise and plan to stick with that, no matter what the scale says. So that's something, right?

Have a great weekend ladies!!
Old 02-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #706
Big Yapper!

I'm sorry you aren't getting the results you want, but "come Monday", maybe that will all change. Stay the course until then and then you can let the jury decide. (YOU are the jury.) I know what you mean about not being able to eat when you're hungry. Seems diabolically wrong. Seems like over a week or two, your body would adjust to the UD/DD rhythm and hunger would decrease. I never gave JUDDD a fair shake. It just wasn't a good fit for me at all.

And like the two of you, I wanted to make it work! Like No-S, too. But right now, Atkins '72 is getting the job done so onward I shall go.

Happy Superbowl parties, everyone! I'm hanging at home and spending the day cleaning up this messy house. I've been putting all my focus and attention on the horses and my dog and little else (And boy does it show.) Spring cleaning's coming early to my neck of the woods.

Love yous!
Old 02-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #707
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-I would have actually preferred bein at home on Sun. I don't like loud TV, screaming men, crowded places, and uncomfortable groups. I didn't know half the people at the party I attended (although they were nice) it was just too loud and crazy to talk to anyone. Lots of little kids running around. Sigh. I prefer a smaller, calmer crowd these days .

I'm back to LC. I was up to 160 after an UD, so that was it for me. Too much gaining. JUDDD sounds so good. But, truthfully, the DDs are hard! If I had lost while doing it I could have stayed w/ it. But gaining while feeling like I'm sacrificing? That messes w. my head too much . I am back to Atkins, which feels good. I like being able to eat when I'm hungry. I'm already back down to where I was after my first week of JUDDD. And I got a good weight lifting workout in today . If the gain was carbs, then I'm glad I'm back to Atkins. I don't really want to do Atkins and JUDDD together. At least not yet . I am ready to rest a bit.

I am working on the exercise portion of my life. I like LC, and know how to do it well at this point. I'm going to stick with it for a while and see where I land. Maybe I'll be lucky like Cheryl and lose well on it? Once I'm stable somewhere (hopefully high 140's) while eating well, I'll re-evaluate. I may need another hcg round. Not ruling it out, but not mentally prepared to do it well right now. I'd much prefer to NEVER do a round again. We'll see. I'm not in a hurry. I like working out and think that's enough to focus on right now.

I'll be around . Take care all!
Old 02-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #708
Big Yapper!

I prefer small get-togethers too. I can't relax in the large, noisy ones. I'm sorry it was an uncomfortable night for you. I hope they at least weren't smoking inside. This was someones home, right? I don't think you said where it was going to be held.

I'm sorry JUDDD didn't work for you but you gave it your all, Julie! I'm glad you're enjoying Atkins right now. I am, too! You should come join us on the February Atkins '72 thread. If not, I will keep up with you on your journal. I know you're trying to not spend so much time on the board or online these days. Can't blame you, with AZ being in perfect weather during this season. Has it been great?

Enjoy your workouts, Julie. It must feel great to be exercising again. I hope you can lose on Atkins while exercising. I think some times when we attempt LC and things don't work out well on the scale, it might just be some rhythm our body is in. Right now, everything is in alignment, or so it seems!

I ate something from a restaurant today so I hope that doesn't backfire on me. I asked about sugar and flour in the dish before ordering so it should have been fine. It was Salmon with spinach, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, garlic and all in a butter lemon wine sauce! It was thin sauce, much more like soup. Probably because I asked for none of the starchy stuff. YUM, though. I slid it into a bowl and ate it with a spoon. And I was nice to Cisco; I let her have the last few slurps.

Oh, no. I'm watching the weather forecast and Friday/Saturday could be atrocious. The snow could be measured in feet, rather than inches. It depends on if two systems converge. Winter always has to have the last word.

Have a nice day/night, Julie. Hugs!
Old 02-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #709
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Julie, Good to see you!
So great that you're going to the gym. That is going to do a world of good for you. Sounds like you've got a good plan for WOE now too. I hope your do well & find your way to a healthy maintenance.
Cheryl certainly is doing well on LC also. That's great!
I see you had popcorn & watched biggest loser I used to eat lots of popcorn, & really enjoy biggest loser too. So inspiring!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:32 AM   #710
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I prefer small get-togethers too. I can't relax in the large, noisy ones. I'm sorry it was an uncomfortable night for you. I hope they at least weren't smoking inside. This was someones home, right? I don't think you said where it was going to be held.

I'm sorry JUDDD didn't work for you but you gave it your all, Julie! I'm glad you're enjoying Atkins right now. I am, too! You should come join us on the February Atkins '72 thread. If not, I will keep up with you on your journal. I know you're trying to not spend so much time on the board or online these days. Can't blame you, with AZ being in perfect weather during this season. Has it been great?

Enjoy your workouts, Julie. It must feel great to be exercising again. I hope you can lose on Atkins while exercising. I think some times when we attempt LC and things don't work out well on the scale, it might just be some rhythm our body is in. Right now, everything is in alignment, or so it seems!

I ate something from a restaurant today so I hope that doesn't backfire on me. I asked about sugar and flour in the dish before ordering so it should have been fine. It was Salmon with spinach, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, garlic and all in a butter lemon wine sauce! It was thin sauce, much more like soup. Probably because I asked for none of the starchy stuff. YUM, though. I slid it into a bowl and ate it with a spoon. And I was nice to Cisco; I let her have the last few slurps.

Oh, no. I'm watching the weather forecast and Friday/Saturday could be atrocious. The snow could be measured in feet, rather than inches. It depends on if two systems converge. Winter always has to have the last word.

Have a nice day/night, Julie. Hugs!
Thanks! I'm enjoying Atkins. I always do, but sometimes, usually vacation and holiday time, I miss cookies, etc. I'm usually fine w. LC (been doing it for almost 10 years now!). I just get impatient and want to lose weight. But, truthfully, I'm more focused on the exercise for now. It'll take time to re-establish it as "normal" and routine. Dinner sounds delicious!! I had a big Cobb salad last night (dh's bday dinner) and it was fine on the scale today. Hope that storm passes you by. So fickle the winter storm watches. Yes, our weather here is perfect right now! Mid 70's, sunny. Supposed to cool off Sat, but only for a day or 2, then right back to the 70's!

Thankd Debby! You're doing great maintaining. I need to work on that (once I'm back to my correct decade that is).

Busy Sat. this weekend for us. Dd(9) has an 8am vball game, dh has a 7am meeting, and dd(12) has to be at her tournament at 7am. Sigh. Gonna' be busy!Then later that day we're going to the movies and dinner w. my BFF in AZ for her bday! Looking forward to it .

Happy Hump day!! Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. One day at a time, one step in the right direction. We can do it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hi Julie, Good to see you!
So great that you're going to the gym. That is going to do a world of good for you. Sounds like you've got a good plan for WOE now too. I hope your do well & find your way to a healthy maintenance.
Cheryl certainly is doing well on LC also. That's great!
I see you had popcorn & watched biggest loser I used to eat lots of popcorn, & really enjoy biggest loser too. So inspiring!
Old 02-06-2013, 10:58 AM   #711
Big Yapper!

Oh, man! That's my idea of heaven (the 70's.) Too cool to be uncomfortable even if it's humid out. No need for sweater or socks. Just perfection.

I never could understand why people always said that the hard part about weight loss was maintenance, but having regained several times and significant amounts, I fully understand (and agree.) Maintenance is when you leave the nest and learn to fly.

Wow, Julie! Saturday looks exhausting! I will be busy too, cleaning up after the snow storm. I don't think it will miss us, unfortunately. I would be grateful if it did.

Yes, ma'am. A marathon. I wonder what mile I'm on?
Old 02-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #712

Wow Julie you are a busy lady!!! I hope you have a wonderful evening, and get a chance to read or listen to the Smarter Science of Slim? Can't remember the name.. haha... I am really enjoying the science behind all of this.. interesting!!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #713
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Oh, man! That's my idea of heaven (the 70's.) Too cool to be uncomfortable even if it's humid out. No need for sweater or socks. Just perfection.

I never could understand why people always said that the hard part about weight loss was maintenance, but having regained several times and significant amounts, I fully understand (and agree.) Maintenance is when you leave the nest and learn to fly.

Wow, Julie! Saturday looks exhausting! I will be busy too, cleaning up after the snow storm. I don't think it will miss us, unfortunately. I would be grateful if it did.

Yes, ma'am. A marathon. I wonder what mile I'm on?
I'd say mile 12
Yes, our weather is so lovely right now!! I'm very happy!! I know it's temporary, and soon I'll be sweating my tushie off! But, for now, I'm happy . I haven't been able to maintain my 140's goal, but I have been in the 150's for over a year. It was my original goal, but I got a bit greedy w. hcg and was hoping to get even lower than my lifelong goal of 156. So, we'll see. Maybe I can drop down lower, maybe I can't. I'm not really interested in being skinny. Never will be. But, I did like the 140's. Hope that storm isn't too rough on you. Snow I like, ice/sleet/freezing rain no thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Wow Julie you are a busy lady!!! I hope you have a wonderful evening, and get a chance to read or listen to the Smarter Science of Slim? Can't remember the name.. haha... I am really enjoying the science behind all of this.. interesting!!
Sat. will be busy, but fun! I can't wait to go out w. our friends. We spend a lot of time running the kids around to their activities. I even gave up my softball team so my dd can make her vball setter's training. I miss it . I love the Sane stuff. I don't have much time to listen to the poscasts though. They're long! But I like what I've read on the site and the comments/discussions are valuable. I'm marinating it all in .

Hit the gym today, day 2 this week. Not sure I'll be able to squeeze another one it. Maybe Sun? We'll see
Old 02-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #714
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Julie,
I was just watching Dr Oz... it was on Overcome Your Metabolism Slump. Excellent!! If you can somehow watch it, I highly recommend it to you. The lady on the show has just released a book/diet on it.
It was on "Overcome Your Metabolism Slump" Haylie Pomroy - search for her name, & you'll find her new book. Excellent advise, using real foods.

Last edited by DebbyL; 02-07-2013 at 05:42 PM..
Old 02-08-2013, 05:28 AM   #715

The more I listen to those podcasts, the more information is sinking into my tiny brain... It just makes so much sense.. OMG.

Anyway, I know you don't have much time for listening, but if you ever do, WOW.. they are so good. I just listened to 33 podcasts!... But each and every one I learned from.

Good luck with your busy weekend, but ENJOY!!!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #716
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm struggling right now. I've been trying to follow LC w. 1 day to eat what I feel like. Well, as a result, I'm weighing in the 160's now!! Consistenly too! Not just popping up for 1 day then back down the next. Considering I was in the 140's quite happily not all that long ago, is quite shocking and upsetting. I've been working out 3+ days a week, but I'm up. And more than just the scale. Clothes are all tight, tummy bulge is very noticeable. I'm so frustrated.

I am trying to eat "intuitively" and "heal" a bit from all the restriction I've been trying (hcg, JUDDD). But the result is rapid weight gain, and not muscle. Fat!! . So, I'm regrouping. I'm considering another round of hcg, but also know a quick fix isn't the right long term goal. I am considering doing a 3 day fat fast to get into ketosis for appetite control. But, I'm not sure I want to live very LC the rest of my days. I would like to be successful on a moderate meal plan. I wish I could get that to work for me. This Sane eating is appealing. I may give that a try. Nothing else seems to be working for me .

So, I'm working on only eating a little bit when I'm actually hungry. Drinking a LOT, and adding in a LOT of veggies. I'm adapting the SANE eating plan that Deb is doing. Maybe a lighter version of it for me. We'll see. I'm not sure the daily poriton of starch will help me, but I'm up for trying it eventually. Maybe the more strict portion to begin with. not sure.

Life has been crazy lately. Fun weekend, and I played softball last night on my old team (had to quit this season for taxi duty w. my dd). It was fun, but I got the WORST leg cramp in my shin!! I was in tears, massaging it and it was so painful!! Finally hobbled downstairs for my magnesium oil to rub into the muscle. Finally it subsided. OUCH!! Anyway, just venting my frustrating feels a bit better. I'm trying to keep it all in perspective and balance, but I feel like I'm losing control. Sigh.

I guess I'll go make something to eat. I think some tuna fish w. lettuce might be nice. Sigh.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #717
Big Yapper!

Julie, I hear your frustration and I join you in that emotion. I stopped weighing because I was up and down and getting nowhere after my first week back on Atkins. I can't understand it and I can't help but be tempted to cheat. If stay on-plan doesn't produce losses, then why not? But then I stop and think that is taking a huge step in the wrong direction and I think of my already-very uncomfortable clothes and how they'll feel after I drive to McDonald's and eat a Fillet of Fish, 2 large fries and an Angus burger with mushrooms and swiss cheese. (That was what I wanted to eat at 0100 two days ago. I was actually in the drive-thru ready to order but discovered they were closed due to the snow situation.)

This morning I was thinking how nice a breakfast sandwich and some hash browns would be. I think the idea of having someone else cook for me is part of the allure. I didn't go. So far all I've had today is a couple mugs of coffee. I need to eat.

I have been mulling over another short hhcg round, myself. If I do it, it will have to be higher calorie and probably be LC (Atkins with maybe a lot less fat) because the way I work at the horse farm, I can't afford to become weak and faint.

The Horse's Ball is March 9th and I'd love to get a good chunk of this regained weight off me before then. But even if I started now, I'll barely be able to get it done and slide into P3 in time for the Gala. I'm thinking if the round is going well and I'm able to perform my duties while eating less than 1000 cals a day, maybe just do a "refeed" the night of the Ball and then get back into P2 for another week or so.

If I do this, I'll have to order more pellets. Mine are almost 2 years old and I don't want to take the chance on them being ineffective.

If I were to do this, would that help you make the decision to do another short round? Let me know. I wonder how long it would take me to receive the pellets if I ordered them today. I'm going to see what I can find online and then make a decision.

TTYL, sweetie. It only gets better from here.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #718
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-thanks sweetie! I guess it's good we can understand each other's frustrations! But, I wish we were understanding each other's success instead!! Oh well, today is a new day!! We can be in control and make wise choices. I toy w. another round (have the pellets already, just in case) but just can't seem to wrap my head around that being a "healthy" option for me. The deprivation for 3 weeks and the necessary control for the following 6 weeks is more than I'm up for right now. I dont' want another failed round. I think that just slows my already sluggish metabolism.

I think, for me, it comes down to understanding and accepting that I can't eat half a bag of trail mix when I'm hungry, call it a "healthy" snack and expect the scale to be down. If, instead, I chose to go eat a few stalks of celery, or some dill pickly spears, a handful of cherry tomatoes, etc., I could have a more successful day. I'm going to focus this week on adding in more veggies and fiber so that I can stay full longer. Can't hurt, right?

I'm also going to keep working out. It's got to help in the long run. I played softball last night. 2 hours- double header. I'll count that as 1 workout . I'll go to the gym Wed and Fri and that'll make at least 3 this week .

I hope to at least get back to the 150's. I need a bit of wiggle room (literally!) in my clothes. Spring will be here in a few weeks and that means short sleeves/tank tops for me!
Old 02-12-2013, 12:21 PM   #719
Big Yapper!

I wholeheartedly agree with that, Julie. Trail mix is definitely a trigger food, like nuts are. I can't have that stuff in the house. Na-uh!

I went ahead and ordered a fresh bottle of pellets. They are from a different website than the place I ordered the last batch. Apparently the other place no longer sells it. But I checked the formula and it is identical. So, looks like I'm going in!

I will just stick to things that worked for me in the past like my own version of P2 chili. I'll have a piece of fruit and try to avoid the grains. But I will probably have to eat up to 1000 calories a day. I'll just have to see how I feel and adjust from there.

Another reason why I'm in a hurry to get a good head-start is Spring is coming and now that I'm a staff member at the therapeutic riding center, the quicker I can get the weight off and start working on getting my left hip in shape, the quicker I can start RIDING. That is a HUGE incentive to me. I want big things to take place this year. I want the rest of my life to start right now.

Maybe it does slow your metabolism a bit, but I'm going to cleave onto the idea of it resetting the Hypothalamus and see where it gets me. I'll do P3 religiously and then do a proper P4. I've yet to really do it "by the book." After that, Atkins should take me the rest of the way home.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #720
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm very interested in this program Julie, sounds good. I subscribed, but can not seem to find the info on the diet. Is it all podcasts? I'd like to read about it before buying the book, if that's possible.

Sorry you're having a tough go of it. Hope you have a break-through soon, for all your good efforts!