LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 06:54 AM   #661
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Thanks girls!

Debby-yes, I suspect I'm allergic to the Chrsitmas trees out here in AZ. Never had a problem in Pa, but these come from Oregon, and seem to make me sinusy. Miserable every Dec. bought a fake one and hope next Christmas I'll feel well! Good for you skiing! I don't lose weight easily at all, but usually quick gains like these will go in a week or so. I'm not sure I'll be able to get back down w/o a round of Hcg. I'm sure gonna try though!

Cheryl-glad you got some snow!mmuch prettier than that winter mess I remember too well! It's colder than normal here this winter so far. It frosted the other night! I'm still happy during the day though .

I fell into some choc raisins yesterday, so no loss today. Happy enough I didn't gain! Cappy is trying to sleep on my lap as I type. Cute little guy!

Off to shower and head to church. Have a great day ladies!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #662
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
So you named him Captain? I don't think I heard the final decision. Cappy is cute. You "fell into" those chocolate raisins? I hate when that happens. I prefer chocolate covered pretzels. Oooh baby!

I thought your allergy was to the pine tree in general. You think it matters where it came from? That sounds really odd. Maybe they get exposed to different pollen in Oregon? I'm glad it's out of your house now. I'm going to take mine down this week, too. I had meant to go buy some vastly marked down strings of lights and new window candles for next year but it might already be too late. Things must be pretty picked over. Maybe I can get out there tomorrow and find some. New Year's Eve!!!

I hope we all have an amazing, prosperous, healthy and happy new year. May we grow ever closer to our Lord and Saviour and be of greater service to Him on this earth. Amen.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:15 AM   #663
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-I grew up w. live trees all my life. It's only the ones out here in AZ that seem to effect me. Can't understand it, but when I spent a summer in OR I was sick the whole time. Allergic to something there. Guessing it's the molds? I don't know, but it's taken me 5 years of being sick all Dec. to finally accept it . I REALLY love a live tree! But, the new one will be nice and dh is happy to have a fake one. He's been wanting that for years. I guess it it easier but the live tree is so nice. And I miss my fireplace. While I'm whining about the losses of life in AZ the lack of my beautiful brick fireplace (I'll go see if I can find a pic to post) and my live tree. Sigh. I have so much for which to be thankful, but I do miss that fireplace!! And yes, the stores were well picked over the other day when I looked. Hope you can find a good deal still! Little El Capitan (Captain) is chewing on my toe just now. Little monkey!!

I'm w. Cheryl-
May we all have a happy, healthy, prosperous new year! I'm trying to remember to seek Him first, and keep my priorities straight. See you all next year!!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:21 AM   #664
Big Yapper!!!!

Here's a pic of my old fireplace back in PA. That brick went all the way to the ceiling and half the wall on both sides beneath the windows. This is my Daddy w. my dd(12) back in 2003. Love him and miss him every day. He was the best Dad and Grandpa, always willing to play w. the girls .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1031.jpg (74.0 KB, 18 views)
Old 12-31-2012, 09:47 AM   #665
Big Yapper!

Look at the way he's holding that doll. Just as if it were a real baby. Aww! I wonder what he was thinking of at that moment. That is a gorgeous fireplace, Julie. I love them, too. They are lovely to have, for sure. I can enjoy the one my sister has when I'm over there and she fires it up but otherwise, I'll have to settle for the back yard fire pit that I have, in good weather.

I kind of like the idea of not killing trees just for Christmas so I'm glad every time someone decides to go with an artificial one. Just the tree-hugger in me, I guess.

I decided not to even bother with trying to buy some new holiday decorations right now. That's what people do when they can. I really need to use the money I have now on things I need now. I'll have to be smart some other time.

I'm buying the juicer! Picking it up tomorrow at 11:30. $80 so it's a big savings from buying it new on Amazon. They go for $150. Only used 3 times by the woman's mother who couldn't seem to manage it. Now all I have to do is to be able to afford the produce.

Yes; see you next year! I'm spending NYE with the horses. I won't be there much past 6 but ykwim.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:10 AM   #666
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Here's a pic of my old fireplace back in PA. That brick went all the way to the ceiling and half the wall on both sides beneath the windows. This is my Daddy w. my dd(12) back in 2003. Love him and miss him every day. He was the best Dad and Grandpa, always willing to play w. the girls .
Gorgeous picture!! I can so relate Julie.. Missing my Dad too... this is a tough time...
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:30 AM   #667
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Gorgeous picture!! I can so relate Julie.. Missing my Dad too... this is a tough time...
It does get a bit easier, but that pain and loss is always there . hope you're off to a nice start in 2013.

Cheryl-thanks. He was such a great grandpa! Loved the girls very much. Enjoy the horses in the snow. Sounds so picturesque!

Sticking to LC, but very generous w/ my portions! I'm doing an egg kinda day. They were on sale! Made custard, egg muffin things and have some hard boiled for egg salad later. Gotta get down more. Sigh.

Have a great day!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #668
Big Yapper!!!!

Down to 156 today. You don't want to know how bad it was earlier this week!? Having done Hcg I am spoiled by fast weight loss. This slow, yet steady, re-losing is disappointing. But, as long Asti goes down, and I'm enjoying eating when I'm hungry, I can't complain. I did mostly eggs yesterday. I will keep to LC, high fat today too.

Cheryl-how's juicing going? You mentioned you felt good after your first juice. Wonder if the detox will feel odd at first?

I'm off to take my MIL to visit my mom today. The girls will get their piano lesson, I'll take care of moms bed and clean up some. Tomorrow I'm hosting dd's vball team. They'll all come over to make a banner and hang out. Sigh.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #669
Big Yapper!

You'll get there, Julie. Slow and steady wins the race! Juicing is going well but it takes a lot of veggies to make juice. I am putting some fruit in there as well but they are primarily greens. I find that they all kind of taste similar, regardless of what you put in to that particular recipe, but the taste is pleasant. I've yet to say, "YUMMY!" and doubt I ever will, but I'm sure it will get me to a state of clean health and reboot my body and life for a cleaner future.

It's not uncommon to feel a little foggy-headed the first few days. I didn't feel foggy yesterday but I am right now. I only woke up about 1.5 hours ago and I am off coffee during this cleanse, so it will just have to be something I live with until it clears up. But I'm so jazzed, knowing I'm going to be in such a detoxed body! I can hardly wait to see how I feel a few weeks into this. I already dropped 2.5 lbs and last night I went slightly off plan to have an orange and some walnuts. I was hungry, it was 11 pm and I wasn't going to start juicing. The walnuts aren't part of the plan either, but I didn't think it would hurt to have some healthy, plant-based protein.

I wish I had a second freezer like I used to have (didn't you have one that died, too?) I miss it so much. If I had one, I'd be freezing all the waste from juicing and using it in a composter in the spring. What a happy garden I could have with that stuff added in!

My new computer comes today so I'm getting happy to receive it. I need to clean up my space and make room for something fresh and new.

Have a wonderful day, Julie (and other ladies.) I'm going to go rest a while.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #670

Haven't seen you for awhile Julie, hope all is well!..
Old 01-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #671
Big Yapper!

Seriously! Where are you, lady? We miss you!
Old 01-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #672
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks girls! Sweet of you to miss me. I've missed you too!

I took a break from the whole "diet" thing. And spending too much time on LCFs and online in general, was a problem for me too. I need to find a better balance and have been working on prioritizing my dd's education ahead of my online socialization! I'm feeling more balanced now so I'm dipping my toe back in. We'll see. I hope to be able to pop in and keep in touch w.o. shirking my responsibilities.

I've been eating whatever I feel like and the scale shows it! I have managed to get back into the gym which is a victory. But the eating has been bad!! I'm starting JUDDD today. I REALLY don't want to do another hcg round. I know it'll work, but I don't want to. Hopefully I'll be able to whittle back down without supreme sacrifice!!

Deb- I started the resversatrol (sp?) again today. How's that going for you?

Cheryl-what have you been up to? How's juicing going?
Old 01-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #673
Big Yapper!

Well, it's good that you are prioritizing your life. Sorry you have been sliding the slippery slope of maintenance. You'll get it back together! We know you will.

I did the green juicing for 7 days but it never brought me the revitalized feeling the movie (documentary) had promised. On day 7 I was still dragging my butt and I now have a job at the farm so I can't afford to be fainting or not thinking clearly. Nope! That can not happen. I need to keep this position and build up hours. Did you know I got offered a part time job with the horses? That happened on 1/3.

In fact, tomorrow afternoon will be my first shift alone. It's wicked COLD here right now. It feels like zero with the wind chill. I just went out to the store and when the breeze brushed my cheeks, I thought how it "felt like zero". That's cold, baby!

I have decided to return to the LC WOE and make it my own for life. I can't eat the things that are really trigger foods. Each time I indulge, it sends me off into months of spiralling down the diet drain. I just have to face it and learn to love the foods I can eat on LC. I'm restarting this Friday (or Saturday.....)

In a couple of weeks, I'm going to make myself return to the gym. I have to push myself to overcome that inertia and then it won't be hard to return. I also don't want to go back because I'm heavier now than when I joined in the summer. MUCH heavier. But that's just stupid so I need to let that go and give it to God.

That's what I was just out buying; my last few days of free-for-all food and drink. I'm going out in style (yet again.)

Have a great night, Julie. Glad to have you back in the game with us.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #674

YAY!! your back ( for however much you can be ) still taking the Rev and it is working fine.. Not much hunger. Of course hunger was not really my problem... haha.. I just love food.

I hope you enjoy your DD time, and are able to check in when you can! We miss you!!..
Old 01-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #675
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi Julie!
Good do see you!
I'm glad to hear you're finding a better balance in your life. So important.
Good going on getting back to the gym. Exercise starts all the good habits to fall into place. At least it did for me.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:10 AM   #676
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Well, it's good that you are prioritizing your life. Sorry you have been sliding the slippery slope of maintenance. You'll get it back together! We know you will.

I did the green juicing for 7 days but it never brought me the revitalized feeling the movie (documentary) had promised. On day 7 I was still dragging my butt and I now have a job at the farm so I can't afford to be fainting or not thinking clearly. Nope! That can not happen. I need to keep this position and build up hours. Did you know I got offered a part time job with the horses? That happened on 1/3.

In fact, tomorrow afternoon will be my first shift alone. It's wicked COLD here right now. It feels like zero with the wind chill. I just went out to the store and when the breeze brushed my cheeks, I thought how it "felt like zero". That's cold, baby!

I have decided to return to the LC WOE and make it my own for life. I can't eat the things that are really trigger foods. Each time I indulge, it sends me off into months of spiralling down the diet drain. I just have to face it and learn to love the foods I can eat on LC. I'm restarting this Friday (or Saturday.....)

In a couple of weeks, I'm going to make myself return to the gym. I have to push myself to overcome that inertia and then it won't be hard to return. I also don't want to go back because I'm heavier now than when I joined in the summer. MUCH heavier. But that's just stupid so I need to let that go and give it to God.

That's what I was just out buying; my last few days of free-for-all food and drink. I'm going out in style (yet again.)

Have a great night, Julie. Glad to have you back in the game with us.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I didn't know about the job!! Wow!! That's so great, and a perfect fit!! WTG!!! Some extra $ will certainly make life easier and you love the horses!! YAY!!! I'm accepting I'll be a LCer for life. I can't seem to lose on it alone anymore, so I'm LCing and JUDDDIng for a bit to see if I can lose. If not, I'll suck it up and do a clean hcg round. Sigh. The gym will be good for you. You were doing really well w. it.

Quote:
YAY!! your back ( for however much you can be ) still taking the Rev and it is working fine.. Not much hunger. Of course hunger was not really my problem... haha.. I just love food.

I hope you enjoy your DD time, and are able to check in when you can! We miss you!!..
Thanks! I've got to pop in and see how you're doing. I'm taking the rev and ptero on DDs (today) and hope it'll help. It's hard!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hi Julie!
Good do see you!
I'm glad to hear you're finding a better balance in your life. So important.
Good going on getting back to the gym. Exercise starts all the good habits to fall into place. At least it did for me.
You look great!! Hope you're doing well. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm expecting to keep this in my life. I was doing well before my broken toe in Oct. I want it to always be my lifestyle!

I'm still in my first week of real JUDDD. I'm doing a DD today and so far, so good. But, it's only 8am. It just feels like an every other day P2 phase. Not sure I'm going to like this. We'll see. Too soon to tell. IF I can lose doing this, I will. But if It's only a lb a week, then I'll probably do the hcg round and really lose. So far, so good.

Working out still. At least 3 good workouts a week, more if I can squeeze it in. I want this to be my normal routine and keep it there. I haven't been consistent lately and want to re-establish this as "normal".
Old 01-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #677
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi Julie!
Great that you're getting back on track with exercise & diet. I hope you don't have to do HGC anymore.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm certainly feeling good. Noticing "strength" happening from my new strength-training machine. Also still slowly losing wt. Still haven't figured maintenance out. I'm pretty happy with the way I eat, so I will just keep on with it until I feel "too thin"... then I guess I'll have to make some kind of change that stops the slow wt. loss. Maybe increasing fruit or quinoa.

I've been missing my dh. He's been on a motorcycle trip since Dec. 28th. Will probably be back Monday or Tuesday. Can't wait! This is the longest we've ever been apart, don't like it.

So great to "hear from you"!
Blessings,
Debby
Old 01-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #678
Big Yapper!

Quote:
I'm still in my first week of real JUDDD. I'm doing a DD today and so far, so good. But, it's only 8am. It just feels like an every other day P2 phase. Not sure I'm going to like this. We'll see.
That's PRICELESS! So glad to have you back with us, Julie. I'm sure you'll make JUDDD do what you want it to. Otherwise, there's always the trusty HHCG round. Can't argue with what works!

I don't know why I hadn't mentioned the job offer when I posted here on your thread on January 4th. Maybe just because it was so off-topic? But yeah! I was so elated when I got the call and the job offer. I got off the phone and fell on my face and knees on the floor and just worshipped God. It was all I had hoped for since I began volunteering there a year ago. And He made it happen for me, just in the nick of time.

I just emailed the manager and told her the latest forecast for the storm. I'll bet she'll be thrilled to hear the latest, but I feel like I went through all that preparation today for nothing. OMG. (Wrote about it on my journal so don't see the point in cluttering up yours with all that info.)

Oh well! I got paid and the horses will be comfy so all is right with the world.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:41 AM   #679
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Thanks for stopping by Julie, glad to have you back to journaling. Have a nice Friday!

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:30 AM   #680
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hi Julie!
Great that you're getting back on track with exercise & diet. I hope you don't have to do HGC anymore.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm certainly feeling good. Noticing "strength" happening from my new strength-training machine. Also still slowly losing wt. Still haven't figured maintenance out. I'm pretty happy with the way I eat, so I will just keep on with it until I feel "too thin"... then I guess I'll have to make some kind of change that stops the slow wt. loss. Maybe increasing fruit or quinoa.

I've been missing my dh. He's been on a motorcycle trip since Dec. 28th. Will probably be back Monday or Tuesday. Can't wait! This is the longest we've ever been apart, don't like it.

So great to "hear from you"!
Blessings,
Debby
Wow! That's a long time to be apart!! I'm sure he's having a great time, but missing you too! I've never had the problem of losing too much? LOL!! What are you eating? Sounds like a healthy balance and you're certainly not overdoing it! Good for you!! I'd love to find myself in that position. Eating healthy and exercising b/c I know it's the best way to live, and the scale gradually whittling down to where I'm supposed to be. Sigh. I'll keep that in mind . Enjoy that snow and skiing!

Quote:
That's PRICELESS! So glad to have you back with us, Julie. I'm sure you'll make JUDDD do what you want it to. Otherwise, there's always the trusty HHCG round. Can't argue with what works!

I don't know why I hadn't mentioned the job offer when I posted here on your thread on January 4th. Maybe just because it was so off-topic? But yeah! I was so elated when I got the call and the job offer. I got off the phone and fell on my face and knees on the floor and just worshipped God. It was all I had hoped for since I began volunteering there a year ago. And He made it happen for me, just in the nick of time.

I just emailed the manager and told her the latest forecast for the storm. I'll bet she'll be thrilled to hear the latest, but I feel like I went through all that preparation today for nothing. OMG. (Wrote about it on my journal so don't see the point in cluttering up yours with all that info.)

Oh well! I got paid and the horses will be comfy so all is right with the world.
Yes, that's about how those dd's feel!! I made it though but the scale did not reward me. I think I'll wait until Mon to weigh again. Kinda' discouraging. I'm so happy for you about the job. So encouraging to see God working in your life, isn't it? You're no doubt a blessing to them too! Hope all continues to go well for you there. Hope the storm passes you by. I remember many a n'oreaster that packed quite a whallop!! I don't miss that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Thanks for stopping by Julie, glad to have you back to journaling. Have a nice Friday!

Thanks for stopping by yourself! you're doing great!! It takes a while to get back in the swing of things, doesn't it? Slowly but surely we'll get there!

I'm working on keeping things in perspective, but since I *was* where I want to be, part of me is a bit impatient to get back there. I think the hcg results tease me into believing there's a quick fix to be had. In reality, there isn't. I'm not willing to undereat all my life in order to get and stick a certain # on the scale. I'd like to get there again (sometime in the next 2 months please!) and then find a balanced way to stay there while still enjoying some higher carb foods. I'll figure it out. It CAN be done. I just need to relax a bit and appreciate where I *am*, where I *was*, and then gear up to where I'm going!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:57 AM   #681

That is smart Julie!! I know you can get there, and STAY THERE... in a way that is healthy and not sacrificing all the time. When you do! LET ME KNOW HOW....
Old 01-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #682
Big Yapper!

Quote:
I'll figure it out. It CAN be done. I just need to relax a bit and appreciate where I *am*, where I *was*, and then gear up to where I'm going!
AMEN to that, sister! I am totally on-board with that idea.

I'm happy that the storm is sliding to the south of us. We will only get a fluffy, light dusting. Whew!
Old 01-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #683
Big Yapper!!!!

Deb-thanks honey! I don't mind being the guinea pig . I've followed your lead often enough . I fully expect to get "there" and STAY "there"!!

Cheryl-so true . I'm glad you were spared the storm. Whew! We had a soaking rain all day today (yesterday too). Should last until Tues. Rare for us, and most people here in AZ are all excited about the rain No thanks!! I'll take sunny and clear, thanks!

I only have a little more weight I'd like to lose. Low fat doesn't work, WW doesn't work for me, LC doesn't either (any more, to lose). Hcg was the only way I've been able to get below 175lbs. I really hope JUDDD will work for me! I'm giving it 2 weeks to start, but know it'll take longer than that to drop to my goal. I know if I just did strict LC I'd get down to about 152 w/o much trouble, so that'll be my test. If I can get lower than 152 I'll call that a success (for me) .

DD done. Looking forward to tomorrow . I was a bit hungry today. It was hard to resist the food at the vball tournament today. I did have a portion of froyo tonight, so I'm coming in around 600 cals for the day. I think that'll be fine. We'll see .

Long day. Both dd's played well today and won at their volleyball games. Dd(12), Kelley, who plays club volleyball, did really well! She won that last game for our team. It was close, and she plays setter. Her hitters were messing up every lovely set she made. So, she dinked one over for the tying point. Then she faked them all out and back set a ball right over the net for the go-ahead point. It was really impressive! Then her BFF, who plays with her, served the winning point!! It was really exciting!! She did great . Fun day!
I'm bushed. Nitey night!
Old 01-27-2013, 07:05 AM   #684
Big Yapper!

That does sound like an exciting game. WTG! And WTG with doing your DD's faithfully. Are you following a LC plan on your JUDDD journey? However you're doing it, I hope it goes smoothly for you.

I loved the rain in the desert. I loved the flash floods! We were storm chasers at heart. There was a loop up in the higher country (Red Rock Canyon) where we'd go and look for one of those instant rivers that appear and peeter-out over a few hours. One time we found one and we got out and were walking around in the shallow water. It was so warm from running over the hot sand. Fun times!

Have you taken a drive up into the mountains yet this season to see the snow? I hope you do. It's nice to experience it for a day or two and then leave it all behind you and head back into the warm valley.

Have a nice UD, Julie. I'm on day 2 of Induction. So far, so good.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:17 AM   #685
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-good for you!! Hope you're spared "induction flu" and pop back into ketosis quickly and easily. Nothing like the appetite suppression! I'm following a low-ish carb JUDDD. Not super strict, I have some froyo and choc covered raisins and apples, but not full carb-fest. Hope the every other day sacrifice is enough to lose while still keeping some more carbs in my diet. We'll see. I did just get home from the snow, funny you mention it. We went up to Flagstaff last weekend and had a blast! I'll put up a pic. It's so nice coming home to warmer weather though .

I'm doing well. UD today. Still weigh 157. Sigh. I am lifting again, so maybe the no loss is actually a good thing. No gain from weight training and exercise? That's a good thing. I'm giving it 2 full weeks of strict rotations and see where I am. I'd better lose something!!

Here's a few pics from the snow... We took all 3 dogs and had a blast!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0115.jpg (68.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0134.jpg (44.9 KB, 14 views)
Old 01-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #686
Big Yapper!

I have never experienced that "Atkins flu". Not sure why not but very happy about that. Sometimes I have a big change in my bowel pattern which can be a bit unpleasant but so far I'm being spared that, too. It's early yet! I won't keep you posted.

Great pics! Looks like you had a great day. Love the barking dog! I hope the JUDDD plan works well for you. Do the Up days make up for the Down days? That plan seems to work so great for some people but I found it very hard. One size does not fit all, I guess.

Have a nice, warm and sunny day!
Old 01-28-2013, 11:01 AM   #687
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Cheryl! Hope your weather is mellowing!

Today's a DD. I don't like them . But, if it works I'll be happy!!

JUDDD is a livable plan, to be sure. It's like P2 every other day, which beats every day . But, I'm not losing anything. I'm sticking to the DD's really faithfully, which is the hardest part! I'm not doing strict LC on my UDs, I've had some froyo and choc raisins. But, always at or under my 1800cals the calculator recommends. It'll be a full week tomorrow, but I'm up today (after an UD, so I know not to count it). I'm also working out, but it's been 3 weeks so the initial water retention should be gone by now. I'm doing 2 full weeks w/ strict cals and see where I land. I know it's slow losses (compared w. hcg) but I'd really like there to be losses. I can maintain w. LC every day. But since I feel like the DDs are a sacrifice, I expect a reward on the scale. The added benefits of the Sirt1 gene, arthritis etc. aren't a big draw for me. Not bashing that, but not really why I'm trying it. A definite bonus though .
Old 01-28-2013, 11:57 AM   #688

This is exactly why I was not successful on JUDDD. I think it works great for some, but I could not lose. I also felt the DD were torture...

Good luck though Julie!!! At least you are giving it a fair shot!.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #689
Big Yapper!

Sirt1? I don't know enough about the JUDDD plan to know what that is. Is that something that is stimulated by doing the UD/DD pattern of eating? Whether you think you'll benefit from having it or not, I hope you get it. You should get what you pay for!

I hope you see a loss for all your effort, Julie. Some people swear by JUDDD and have no interest in doing any other plan for the rest of their lives.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #690
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
This is exactly why I was not successful on JUDDD. I think it works great for some, but I could not lose. I also felt the DD were torture...

Good luck though Julie!!! At least you are giving it a fair shot!.
Yep, gonna' give it 2 full weeks and see where I am. I tried it, half-heartedly, a year ago and didn't lose at all. In fact, I gained 3lbs in 3 weeks. But, I'm hopeful if I am more strict w. the cals this time around maybe it'll work for me. I do NOT want to do an hcg round, but I would really like to drop 8 more lbs. It shouldn't be that hard, right?

Quote:
Sirt1? I don't know enough about the JUDDD plan to know what that is. Is that something that is stimulated by doing the UD/DD pattern of eating? Whether you think you'll benefit from having it or not, I hope you get it. You should get what you pay for!

I hope you see a loss for all your effort, Julie. Some people swear by JUDDD and have no interest in doing any other plan for the rest of their lives.
There is a lot of research on fasting and JUDDD is considered part of that type of eating plan. A lot of theories on longevity, overall health improvements - BP, arthiris, diabetes, etc. I'm not convinced, but I do feel good doing it, even on the DDs. I'd love to lose this way. You're right, I do feel a bit "entitled" since I'm following it so closely. We'll see.

I'm plugging away w. JUDDD. First week done, I stuck to my cal ranges and have been working out. I'm only down 0.6lbs this first week - 156.6 today, which is still compared to the 140's where I was a few months ago. Sigh. Not much of a loss, but considering I usually gain a few lbs when I start back to the gym, I'll take it .

I got a good workout in today. I'll do the gym again on Thurs. then we're supposed to go on a nice trail ride Sat. That'll make my 3 days this week. I'm planning on at least 3/week right now. I know I should up that, and plan to eventually. I'm gonna' establish this routine first, then build on it .

Have a great day all!