Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #571
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
GOODBYE, political ad nonsense! Good riddance! I'm with you, Julie. Will be going to vote in an hour or so. I live in a very small town so it should be a quick in and out. I love small-town life.

Sorry for the candy debacle. Chocolate is a big weakness of mine.

Just heard we hit a new low temperature record last night for this date! We got down to 20! I went out to take the trash can to the street so I know just how cold it felt. It was brutal. I'm glad that is going to be the worst of it and start to warm up some now. Getting ready for the Nor'easter now. Yeesh! Is this how our winter is going to go this season?

Day one of Atkins has taken me down 1 whole lb. I ate a bunch of my chili, too. Drank four mugs of coffee with half and half. And had cheese in most of the bowls of chili. (3:4) So far, so good! I am going to make some sausage and kale soup tomorrow. I will be eating the last of the chili today and then I'll be relying on eggs and bacon until I make the next batch of LC food.

I just saw that they are going all-out to help those affected by Hurricane Sandy to get to the polls! They have set up tents and they're running generators and sending buses to get the people who can't get there. I'm very happy to see that. I was thinking this was going to be a historical Presidential Election debacle. I wonder how those folks are going to vote.

Have a nice day, ladies. I've got a full afternoon ahead.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2012, 07:18 AM   #572
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
So, today's update:
Oh, and I'm up a bit today. Well, 2lbs actually!! I earned it. Too many choc covered raisins for "lunch" then a late dinner of chicken stew w. cheddar biscuit! I only had half the biscuit, but it's the first baked good (gluten!!) I've had in months. Well, I need to do a meaty day. I have to bake my chicken thigh/legs and have a yummy steak ready to grill for supper! I will avoid carbs today, but am not doing a CD!

Also, to report in, I upped my thyroid meds (still grateful to Shelby who started me on this path!!) and am feeling so good! My temps are up to 97.8 in the morning and my afternoon temp yesterday was 99!! Are you kidding me? Like a normal healthy person?!

I leave in less than a week for my CA trip!! This time next week I'll be walking from our hotel to Disney's CA Adventure!! I can't believe it's finally here!! I've been planning and looking forward to this for ages!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:17 AM   #573
Big Yapper!

Same thing happened to me, Julie. And I am also up 2 lbs today, too! Must be a sign (that we ate too much.)

You had a temp of 99? How did that happen? WTG! Shelby is a wealth of information, isn't she? And she pops in when you least expect her. She must read everything on this board!

You're going to have such an amazing trip! Can't wait for you to come back and tell us all about it.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #574
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Also, to report in, I upped my thyroid meds (still grateful to Shelby who started me on this path!!) and am feeling so good! My temps are up to 97.8 in the morning and my afternoon temp yesterday was 99!! Are you kidding me? Like a normal healthy person?!
I leave in less than a week for my CA trip!! This time next week I'll be walking from our hotel to Disney's CA Adventure!! I can't believe it's finally here!! I've been planning and looking forward to this for ages!!
Wow! Awesome!! Congrats on getting your thyroid regulated! I'm looking forward to that day. How much thyroid do you take now?
Thanks for the warning on politics... I didn't know that.
Disneyland! I love it!

Cheryl: Good job on lb. down!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:24 AM   #575
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!!

Well, my clean LC, high fat/meat day got me back to 146 today. I'm mostly happy to be back here. I guess the idea of being at or below 145 isn't gonna' stick . But, my body seems resonably happy here. If I don't completely OVERDO it, I seem to be able to handle some sugar and higher carb stuff. I am happy for that part.

I am also happy to report that my body temp is up to 98.1 this morning!! I was 98.6 last night!! That's normal!! I'm finaly "normal"!! I feel really good too!! Very happy about that !!

Debby-yes. I've been "working" on it for a long time. I only take cytomel, actually called cynomel since mine isn't domestically manufactured. I take a tablet and a half 3x a day now. I was at 1 tablet 3x a day for a while and feeling better, but not optimized. If I upped the dose back then I got a headache. But, w/ my temps still at 97.2 most mornings I decided to try again. I was a bit fuzzy headed, cold and hair falling out still. So, I decided to try again. I was also hoping it'd help me stabilize my weight this time around. So far, so good

Cheryl-sorry you're up . I'm back down this morning, hope you are too!

I'm making lists of things that need to be bought, packed and done before our trip. I'm trying to relax about the packing and not overdo it and stress myself out. We're trying to economize as much as possible on the trip, so we're packing a lot of food into and out of the parks etc. I ordered a case of quest bars from netrition and hope they get here in time.

Have a great day all and enjoy your weekend!!
Old 11-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #576
Big Yapper!

I'd love to try those quest bars someday. I tend to overdo things like that, though. Too easy to eat the whole box when I buy stuff like that. I am down some of the bump today but still 0.6 above my ticker weight. I don't get this happening in the first week. I usually drop about 14 lbs the first month before I hit any big snags.

That's totally AWESOME about your temperatures and doing this all on your own. I don't think I'm anywhere near optimized, but I'm going to have my labwork drawn next week after I see the Dr. I have an appointment next Thursday.

Happy packing, Julie! Have a nice weekend.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #577
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Cheryl! I hate packing, but like making sure it's "all" in there! Wish I had a "packing fairy"!! My kids are lucky!

I'm going to see Tim Hawkins tomorrow night! So glad it's finally here. Have you guys heard of him? He's absolutely hystercial (and clean) Here's one of my favorites of his:

So glad time is going fast enough for me finally!!
Old 11-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #578
Big Yapper!

I never heard of him but now I'm going to Youtube to see more! That's so hysterical. I didn't even know they weren't open on Sunday. That will be great to see him. That alone should motivate you to get packed!!!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #579
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:02 PM   #580
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good morning!!

Well, my clean LC, high fat/meat day got me back to 146 today. I'm mostly happy to be back here. I guess the idea of being at or below 145 isn't gonna' stick . But, my body seems resonably happy here. If I don't completely OVERDO it, I seem to be able to handle some sugar and higher carb stuff. I am happy for that part.

I am also happy to report that my body temp is up to 98.1 this morning!! I was 98.6 last night!! That's normal!! I'm finaly "normal"!! I feel really good too!! Very happy about that !!

Debby-yes. I've been "working" on it for a long time. I only take cytomel, actually called cynomel since mine isn't domestically manufactured. I take a tablet and a half 3x a day now. I was at 1 tablet 3x a day for a while and feeling better, but not optimized. If I upped the dose back then I got a headache. But, w/ my temps still at 97.2 most mornings I decided to try again. I was a bit fuzzy headed, cold and hair falling out still. So, I decided to try again. I was also hoping it'd help me stabilize my weight this time around. So far, so good

Cheryl-sorry you're up . I'm back down this morning, hope you are too!

I'm making lists of things that need to be bought, packed and done before our trip. I'm trying to relax about the packing and not overdo it and stress myself out. We're trying to economize as much as possible on the trip, so we're packing a lot of food into and out of the parks etc. I ordered a case of quest bars from netrition and hope they get here in time.

Have a great day all and enjoy your weekend!!
Good for you Julie
(T3 / Cytomel) is recognized as an effective medication that promotes appetite, strength gain, weight gain, & increases the number of red blood cells...looks interesting, does it make you hungry?
I'm wondering, if it just makes up for the synthetic thyroid not having T3 in it? You take it 3 times a day, what time do you take your last dose? I'm kind of afraid to take the isocort too late, as it gives a big "pick-me-up"... Is it expensive?
I'm so happy for you that your temps are normalizing. Mine have just begun to go over 98... slowly climbing. good recovery after the toxin thing this week... although I face some more painting incidents, and then the floor-gluing... renno's at the church. I think I may need to take the time off when they glue.
Hope you have a great time!
Old 11-10-2012, 07:18 AM   #581
Big Yapper!!!!

Amy-thanks for popping in! Have fun on the slopes! I can't imagine snow already!

Cheryl-he's hysterical!! And so right on target to my sense of humor and place in life. He pokes fun at homeschooling, etc. Can't wait to see him! I am getting to the packing. It's hard b/c I do it too early sometimes and then forget what I've already packed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Good for you Julie
(T3 / Cytomel) is recognized as an effective medication that promotes appetite, strength gain, weight gain, & increases the number of red blood cells...looks interesting, does it make you hungry?
I'm wondering, if it just makes up for the synthetic thyroid not having T3 in it? You take it 3 times a day, what time do you take your last dose? I'm kind of afraid to take the isocort too late, as it gives a big "pick-me-up"... Is it expensive?
I'm so happy for you that your temps are normalizing. Mine have just begun to go over 98... slowly climbing. good recovery after the toxin thing this week... although I face some more painting incidents, and then the floor-gluing... renno's at the church. I think I may need to take the time off when they glue.
Hope you have a great time!
I am not more hungry on it at all. It's basicallly synthetic T3 which apparently my body doesn't make enough of? I don't have any trouble sleeping and take my last dose at bedtime. I suppose we're supposed to mimic a continual level (probably should break my doses up even more t/o the day, but 3X a day is hard enough to rmember!!) I'm a scientist and still can't wrap my head around all this hormone/thyroid stuff! It appears my adrenals are fine, which is a big relief. I can't imagine trying to sort all those variables out. Do you "know: Shelbyla? She's a wealth of info on thyroid and adrenals. She sent me some great info via email. That's how I finally was brave enough to experiment on myself. I've never had "normal" temps. I was in teh 95's for years and no one would treat me . Stupid Drs!! If you're temps are up to 98 I'd call that a rousing success!!

I'm up a tad today, but considering dinner was popcorn at the movies followed by gelato for dessert, I think I dodged a major bullet only being up 1lb. I'm quite pleased w. my body right now (I know, that came out of MY mouth/fingers!!) I am not skinny, may never be, but I am healthy, and seem to be able to tolerate indulgence w.o. a 5lb gain!! That's serious progress ladies!! In the past if I had a few bites of popcorn at the movies I'd be up 3-5lbs the next day! I had most of a small bag, and Guinduia (sp?) gelato (also a small though!) and am up 1lb? (in the interest of full disclosure I also had some SF chocolate, slice of smoked gouda and sunflower seeds later while beating my family at cards ) That's a pittance of a gain!! I'm greatly encouraged that with a broader "range" I can maintain quite happily through vacations and holidays!! While enjoying a few treats. Not everyday, mind you. That's crazy! But, I can indulge a meal and then eat "normally" the next day and be right back to my stable 146 weight!! Eureka!! It's working for ME!! I've been metabolically broken for so long I am afraid to believe I am actually maintaining and stable! In my size 6-8 clothing!?

Sorry, I'm not bragging (well, maybe I am bit -sorry!) I just wanted to share that it is possible!! If I can do it, anyone can! I've been morbidly obese 99% of my adult life. I had nearly given up hope that I could be "normal" size, meaning not in plus sizes all my life. Between Atkins and hcg - I'm happy to report that it can be done!! And you can live life as well!!

Ok, I'll let you go!! Have a great weekend ladies!! Keep fighting the fight!!
Old 11-10-2012, 07:44 AM   #582
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I am not more hungry on it at all. It's basicallly synthetic T3 which apparently my body doesn't make enough of? I don't have any trouble sleeping and take my last dose at bedtime. I suppose we're supposed to mimic a continual level (probably should break my doses up even more t/o the day, but 3X a day is hard enough to rmember!!) I'm a scientist and still can't wrap my head around all this hormone/thyroid stuff! It appears my adrenals are fine, which is a big relief. I can't imagine trying to sort all those variables out. Do you "know: Shelbyla? She's a wealth of info on thyroid and adrenals. She sent me some great info via email. That's how I finally was brave enough to experiment on myself. I've never had "normal" temps. I was in teh 95's for years and no one would treat me . Stupid Drs!! If you're temps are up to 98 I'd call that a rousing success!!

I'm up a tad today, but considering dinner was popcorn at the movies followed by gelato for dessert, I think I dodged a major bullet only being up 1lb. I'm quite pleased w. my body right now (I know, that came out of MY mouth/fingers!!) I am not skinny, may never be, but I am healthy, and seem to be able to tolerate indulgence w.o. a 5lb gain!! That's serious progress ladies!! In the past if I had a few bites of popcorn at the movies I'd be up 3-5lbs the next day! I had most of a small bag, and Guinduia (sp?) gelato (also a small though!) and am up 1lb? (in the interest of full disclosure I also had some SF chocolate, slice of smoked gouda and sunflower seeds later while beating my family at cards ) That's a pittance of a gain!! I'm greatly encouraged that with a broader "range" I can maintain quite happily through vacations and holidays!! While enjoying a few treats. Not everyday, mind you. That's crazy! But, I can indulge a meal and then eat "normally" the next day and be right back to my stable 146 weight!! Eureka!! It's working for ME!! I've been metabolically broken for so long I am afraid to believe I am actually maintaining and stable! In my size 6-8 clothing!?

Sorry, I'm not bragging (well, maybe I am bit -sorry!) I just wanted to share that it is possible!! If I can do it, anyone can! I've been morbidly obese 99% of my adult life. I had nearly given up hope that I could be "normal" size, meaning not in plus sizes all my life. Between Atkins and hcg - I'm happy to report that it can be done!! And you can live life as well!!

Ok, I'll let you go!! Have a great weekend ladies!! Keep fighting the fight!!
Great news! So happy for you!

Yes, met Shelby & read her stuff online. When I went on isocort I picked her brain about it... Very helpful. I have a few more friends like that at a support group I'm on & stopthethyroidmadness book is my main resource, as well as multiple thyroid webs... which I have pinterested... you pinterest? (think its ok to say that)?
Have a great week-end!
Its 5 degrees fahrenheit this morning. Brrr!
Old 11-10-2012, 10:15 AM   #583
Big Yapper!

Julie, I went on Youtube and watched a few more of his videos. I saw that he has one that was taped in Bethel CT at a church! I was very surprised. That man gets around! Good for him. He's very talented. Thanks for "turning me onto him."

You're doing so great, Julie. We're so heartened to see it. I hope it continues to be easy to stay right where you are, and that you keep feeling self-acceptance the way you are. Talk about a victory!!

Atkins and HCG have been my 2 weight loss plans since I started this journey 3 years ago. I hope I can someday be at goal (like you) and saying the same things you are. If I run and faint not, I will get there too. I need to stop all the detours and hitting all the rest areas! That's my problem. I know it. Follow-through has never been something that came easy for me. I guess it's just human nature and it takes discipline and character and maturity (also things I have struggled with! Well, maybe the character part is uncalled-for.)

Debby, I've never heard of that website. I think I'll go check into it. You ladies are better-regulated with your OTC stuff than I am with my prescription meds! Only problem with switching is the scripts are covered on my plan and OTC stuff is not. They take a big bite out of my monthly available cash. In fact, I need to see if the Dr will prescribe me the Benadryls and Motrins I take on a routine basis. Hmmmm. Need to remember to ask him about that next week.

5 degrees? Brrr is right! We've gotten to 20 so far at night but that was a particularly cold spell. Now we're in the low 60's this weekend and will be slowly going down the 50's all week long.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #584
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-yes, character was uncalled for! You're doing great. You're human - newsflash!! You'll struggle with something all your days. We all will. But, you're struggling!! Not giving up and playing dead. You're fighting the fight, alive and kicking! You'll get there. Keep working your plan and living your life! Do your thyroid meds make you feel better? I'm finally feeling pretty good at my current dose (and my temps are normal!!).

I'm UP!! I won't share the #, but it's not pretty! I was up yesterday too after nachos Sat. night. Then dh took us to our favorite Chinese place, shrimp fried rice and chicken/broc didn't get me down on the scale!! So, I am doing a GYCD. I've got a big contianer of GY to use up (expired, but still good) and I'd like to drop 5lbs. But, I'll be happy w. 3-4 I'll do clean LC on Tuesday and hope I'm back to my 145-146lb range before I go (since I know I'll be up when I return and don't want to be up before I go!!)

I leave Wed. morning early for my big trip to CA. The weather is gonna be kinda' rainy part of the time we'll be gone But we'll still have fun! I'm planning to take lots of pictures and will bore you with them when I return. I'm mostly packed and in an odd stage of relaxation and "I don't care" if I forget something and crazy panic mode. It'll all be fine and if we forget something we'll make do.

I dont' want my obsessive planning and Type A personality to rob me of one iota of fun on this trip! Praciticing my flexibility combined w. being prepared I can't wait!!
Old 11-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #585
Big Yapper!!!!

Here's a cute pic of us and our BFFs from 2 years ago. We try to get together every 2 years in Nov (last year we got a bonus year in PA).

Can't wait!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg all 8.jpg (74.1 KB, 24 views)
Old 11-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #586
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Love it!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #587
Big Yapper!

What a great picture! Two years ago? You looked amazing even back then. What did you weigh in that picture? I can't wait to be bored with all your latest pics! Sorry for your bump up but I'm confident you will get it under control.

We'll miss you while you're gone. When will you be back?
Old 11-13-2012, 06:22 AM   #588
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheyrl- Only a true friend would look forward to my vacation pictures!! I was about 155 in that picture, but I'm mostly covered by my fleece and the kids . I look forward to seeing the real me too! I look in the mirror but don't really "see" me, kwim? My BFF has also lost more weight recently too. She's a runner now (6 miles!! ) She wants to run accross the GGBridge! I'll walk/jog it, but can't run that far these days! We're about the same size now (according to our chat on Sunday). It'll be fun to encourage each other!

Debby-thanks!

I'm finishing my packing, cleaning, preparation!! I'm still up too much today, but I'll LC and hope for the best overnight. I did a GYCD yesterday and lost less than 2lbs. It just doesn't really work for me anymore (CDs I mean). I'll stick w. clean LC today and suspect I'll be back to my normal "146" tomorrow (I hope so!).

I'll be popping in when I can from Ca. I'm not bringing my laptop but will try to post from my phone. Have a great week, Happy Thanksgiving and take care of yourselves!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #589
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Have a BLAST Julie!!!.
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #590
Big Yapper!

Julie, did you answer me on when you'll be coming back? It sounds like you will be gone over Thanksgiving if you are wishing us a good one. Is this a two week trip? Forgive my feeble memory.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:09 AM   #591
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Julie, did you answer me on when you'll be coming back? It sounds like you will be gone over Thanksgiving if you are wishing us a good one. Is this a two week trip? Forgive my feeble memory.
I don't remember if I answered or not? My memory isn't any better . We'll be home late the Sunday after Thanksgiving, most likely actually Monday morning if I'm successful in convincing dh to stay at Disneyland as long as possible that day!

I'll try to pop in while I'm away. There will be plenty of long drives, so I expect I'll be able to post from my phone. Not taking my laptop .

I had an insane day yesterday and am so glad it's over!! My garage fridge died and took with it about $100+ worth of food. I was able to salvage the turkey, and 2 pork roasts and some cool whip. My neighbor is letting me borrow her deep freezer, but the garage code she gave me was wrong and I had to get both dd's to their volleyball practices (I was coaching 1 of them) NOT a good day!! I'm so glad it's over . Sigh!

Scale is up a bit higher than I like it today - 148. But, TOM is 5 days late and I got up at 5am So I'm not freaking out. . I'll try to be "good" while I'm away, but I'm also not going to miss out on rare opportunities.

Anyway, on to happier thoughts. I'm leaving in a few hours. The car is mostly packed, I'm up EARLY but excited, so sleep is not easy today. Showered, need to get dressed, pack the cooler and round up the fam. We'll be eating at Slater's 50/50 tonight (google it, bacon ) and then tomorrow we'll see our BFFs at the gates to Disney's California Adventure!! Can't wait to see them both!!

Have a great rest of the week!!
Old 11-14-2012, 06:52 AM   #592
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Julie!
I'd love go go too! Making me think harder about such a trip... LOVE Disneyland!
Hope everything goes well & have a blast!
Old 11-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #593
Big Yapper!

Have a super time, sweetie!!! Hate how things are so poorly-timed (damn refrigerator.) And then not being able to get into the neighbors garage? I'm glad you were able to save some of the bigger things. When my basement freezer up and died for no good reason almost a year ago, it was a huge BUMMER. I'm still not over it. (No lie!) I went back to the old abode to see if by some slim chance, it had just popped the circuit breaker. But when I got there, the people who came and winterized the place also flipped all the breakers to off. No way to see if my hunch was right now, so if I really wanted to, I could drag that puppy over here and plug it in and pray. I'm tempted. (Pathetic, I know.)

HAVE FUN!!!!
Old 11-15-2012, 09:04 AM   #594
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Hope you have a great time on your trip. Your journal has been very helpful to me!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:23 PM   #595
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Have fun on vacation!!!

Bummer about your fridge! I would be doomed if my garage freezer died on me. Usually I *only* have a quarter cow in there but this time I ordered a half so it's PACKED full of beef! My parents have the same freezer and ended up getting a backup generator for it. They're in northern WY and power seems to go out more often up there than here in the mile high. I might have to get one too.. hmm..

When you're in San Fran make sure to stop at this yummy coffee shop - Philz Coffee. Oh - Blue Bottle too! Not sure if I can post links, google is your friend!

Side note.. usually the third thing I look for in a new town is coffee shops! First is airport, second is lodging. I do have some priorities straight. :P

Amy
Old 11-26-2012, 09:24 AM   #596
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Hope you have a great time on your trip. Your journal has been very helpful to me!
Thanks for stopping by, reading my babble, and even getting something out of it . Hope you stick around and let us get to know you better

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslatte View Post
Have fun on vacation!!!

Bummer about your fridge! I would be doomed if my garage freezer died on me. Usually I *only* have a quarter cow in there but this time I ordered a half so it's PACKED full of beef! My parents have the same freezer and ended up getting a backup generator for it. They're in northern WY and power seems to go out more often up there than here in the mile high. I might have to get one too.. hmm..

When you're in San Fran make sure to stop at this yummy coffee shop - Philz Coffee. Oh - Blue Bottle too! Not sure if I can post links, google is your friend!

Side note.. usually the third thing I look for in a new town is coffee shops! First is airport, second is lodging. I do have some priorities straight. :P

Amy
I was devestated about the fridge! I'll have to work on getting that out to the curb and finding a replacement. I wish I could find one that was 75% freezer, 25% fridge. I use the freezer more but do like having the fridge for entertaining. I didn't see this in time, but did find some good coffee places up there. Yelp served us well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Oh Julie!
I'd love go go too! Making me think harder about such a trip... LOVE Disneyland!
Hope everything goes well & have a blast!
Thanks!! the whole trip was great, but Disney was magic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Have a super time, sweetie!!! Hate how things are so poorly-timed (damn refrigerator.) And then not being able to get into the neighbors garage? I'm glad you were able to save some of the bigger things. When my basement freezer up and died for no good reason almost a year ago, it was a huge BUMMER. I'm still not over it. (No lie!) I went back to the old abode to see if by some slim chance, it had just popped the circuit breaker. But when I got there, the people who came and winterized the place also flipped all the breakers to off. No way to see if my hunch was right now, so if I really wanted to, I could drag that puppy over here and plug it in and pray. I'm tempted. (Pathetic, I know.)

HAVE FUN!!!!
Thanks sweet friend!! I had an amazing time!! I'll be sharing stories for a long time to come!! Hope you're doing well. I'll go read up on your escapades while I was away .

Update:
I'm home ! I had the most fabulous vacation!! We packed a month's worth of activity into 12 days ! I will not tempt you with the details of my culinary escapades, but suffice it to say, I did NOT stay LC or even only eat to hunger. I consciously enjoyed all that the local itinerary afforded - mickey beignets and monte cristo bites at Disneyland, fried shrimp and chowder in Monterrey, excellent Chinese and Italian food in SFran, hot fudge sundae at Ghiradelli, food truck excellence in SF, Thanksgiving dinner at Mimi's (love that place!), wonderful sourdough bread, homemade donuts in LA, and good fried chicken too, and then some ice cream and a choc chip cookie in DL. I started to reign it back in toward the end of my trip and listening more to hunger, but there were so many "once in a lifetime" or at least "once in a LONGtime" opportunities to enjoy special treats that I did not hold back.

I walked miles and miles each day and am quite sore still. I'm going to use that momentum to keep the exercise going and add weight training back at this point. I'm going back to LC and lighter eating (high fat for a few days too) and expect most of this newfound weight to go back down this week. I was up to a pretty comfy 146-147 before I left and hope/plan to work my way back down to that. Even if the exercise bumps me up I can tell by the mirror and clothing where I should be at this point.

I'll post some of my favorite pics from the trip
Old 11-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #597
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
WELCOME BACK!!! so happy you took full advantage of your vacay!!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:02 AM   #598
Big Yapper!!!!

Here come the pics!!!

Here are a few of us at Disneyland - part 1. The first one is all 8 of us in front of the castle the second is just my family.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg all 8 castle.jpg (47.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg family castle 2.jpg (36.1 KB, 17 views)
Old 11-26-2012, 10:03 AM   #599
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
WELCOME BACK!!! so happy you took full advantage of your vacay!!..
Thanks Deb!! I'm posting some pics then I'll go catch up with you too!
Old 11-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #600
Big Yapper!!!!

Here we are at the Golden Gate bridge
Attached Images
File Type: jpg all 8 bridge 2.jpg (60.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg family bridge.jpg (49.8 KB, 15 views)