Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
thanks Jessica-I think you're right!! Doing well and almost where I dreamed of being!!

Today is day VLC20. I'm thinking about adding 1 more dosing day and then doing my 2 VLC days w/o hcg Thurs and Fri, and start P3 on Sat. One more day won't kill me and I would like a little more loss since it's still going pretty well.

I'm down 1.2 overnight on day 20! I can't believe I had that nice a drop this far into it, and w. TOM!! I may actually see 150 this round, or dare I dream, 149? Oh, that would get me back to my all time low of 149.6 which I hit one day last year, but couldn't make stick. I am really happy with this round.

I am getting a bit nervous about P3 though. I've had my issues w/ P3 in the past, and ended up in a JUDDD like pattern w/ CD's almost every other day one round. I guess at this point, eating so little, even JUDDD looks good to me!! I really do want this to be my last round. And from what I'm reading about the shipping of hcg, I may not have much choice. We'll see. One day at a time!! Each day has enough trouble of it's own!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2012, 05:18 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
AWESOME JOB!! way to go Julie, keep up the great work!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:24 AM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Deb

I STS today. Which is totally fine. I didn't have my "magic" eggs last night, but you know that'll be tonights dinner! Still debating whether to extend this round. I'm lower than I thought I would be, but b/c I NEVER want to do this again, and I still feel so good, and I still have PLENTY of stored fat to lose, and dh is supportive, and I'd love to see VW this time aroud, I am thinking I will keep going. Lot's of "ands" there, right? Basically, as of today (and this is subject to change at any time!!) I will keep going w. my P2. I will go until I stall really bad, or I run out of pellet, or I just decide I dont' want to do in anymore So, that's my plan.

I played softball last night. They had me on first base!! first time doing that!! I caught a line drive and it really hurt!! But I got lots of respect after that . I really had fun though!! and got some exercise!!

Dh is taking his car in to my brother's mechanic this morning. I really think God is going to provide a way for our car to be fixed without robbing us blind!! I guess we'll know soon what can be done and how much it'll cost, but I'm at peace with it. We'll see what today brings!! Either way, God is still good, and I am thankful for all our blessings. Even if dh's silly car needs major work!! There are much worse things in the world!!

Make it a great day all!!
Old 02-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #34

Great attitude Julie!! No use worrying over things we cannot change. What will be, is already iin the plan!..

I would think as long as you feel good and are doing well, you could stay on as long as you LIKE. The key being don't continue when you can't stand it anymore, or your body is telling you STOP!!!

I hear you on wanting this to be the LAST TIME!!! here is praying this is IT for you!.. have a great day!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Deb! I don't think the mechanic even looked at dh's car yet!

I am a bit hungry today. Maybe it's mental? I was getting geared up for P3 - fat!! Sigh. I will take it day by day and see how I feel. I'm just concerned that I will be "ready" to move on, then have to struggle through those 2 days w.o the hcg. I guess we'll see.

I planned to do egg/egg white omlette for dinner, but we were out all day. So, we drove though Wendy's and I got the single (1/4 lb) burger w. mustard and pickle. A bit higher in cals today than usual, 650, but I am pretty sure I will be ok. I guess we'll see tomorrow .

On a different note, we just got dh's credit checked to see if we would qualify to buy a new house. The one we're in is upside down and the payment is too high for us to be able to pay down our debt. If we can qualify to buy something smaller, we could rent this out to cover the first mortgage, and then negotiate a settlement w/ our 2nd mortgage. We'd be able to pay things down, and if we keep the current house as a rental for 10 years we could have equity eventually. Seems crazy to think buying something else would help us get ahead, but our new mortgage payment would be slightly more than half what we currently pay.

So, we'll see. We're praying about lots of things these days. It's kind of exciting to consider new possibilities .
Old 02-29-2012, 07:06 AM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, down 0.8 to 150.2 on VLCD22! I am very pleased!! I will dose again today and see what tomorrow brings.

Trying to keep the weightloss in perspective. I become obsessed w. it too easily. I don't want the focus to be only on me, me, me!! I need to get over my desire to be "thin" and learn to be content with being "thinner".
Old 02-29-2012, 07:14 AM   #37

YAY!! You will get there Julie, you just will with your attitude and drive!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 06:53 AM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm on VLCD23 and lost 0.6 overnight, down to 149.6 today. I think I will keep going a bit longer and see how low I can get. This is the lowest weight I've been as an adult. I would love to get down a few more lbs and see what happens in maintenance.

I can hardly believe I'm in the 140's!! Barely, but I'll take it!! I plan tokeep going w/ this P2 through the weekend. Dd has a vball tournament Sat and that will be a bit of a challenge. But I can do it. I've already managed 2 of them this round. I plan to stay VLC through the weekend and then see where I am next week. Dh leaves for CA Tues. so I can do whatever I want. Much easier not having to feed him!! Plus, even though he's supportive, he is growing weary of me not being able to eat out. Like I'm not? Really? Come on!! I'd love to be able to eat pizza like he can!! Ok, enough of THAT!!

Happy March!! What a wonderful season out here in AZ. Sunny, warm and beautiful!! The trees are budding, and I am happy!! I have several choices I need to make. Mostly housing related. It looks like we qualify to buy a new house. We're upside down on our current home and the mortgage pmt is so high we'll never get ahead. If we rent this one out and buy something smaller, eventually we'll have equity in both and have a lower monthly payment. Seems overwhelming to even think about!! I'm trying not to rush into any hasty decisions. I'm trying to pray about it and tread cautiously ahead!!

Each day is exciting and challenging. But knowing that God has a plan and is working all around me keeps me moving ahead!! Have a great day!!
Old 03-01-2012, 11:41 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Twoterville/Short Term Goal - ONEderland!
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 9/1/2014
Awesome on the weight released!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #40
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Maggie!! And great job on all that walking!!

Today I'm down 0.6lbs to 149 even!! Lowest since 6th grade!! I am really happy about this. And I may even be able to go lower? Truly a miracle.
I was dreaming of getting back to the mid-150's with LC and exercise, and here I am actually in the 140's? Crazy!! I want to go at least 4 more days on the VLC. Maybe I could lose 2 more lbs? That would be fantastic!! I could actually stabilize and maintain in the 140's? Seriously? I never dreamed I'd get here, let alone to possibly go lower? I will keep plugging away and hope for the best. I'm already thrilled w/ where I am so anything further the Lord provides is just above and beyond what I could ask or imagine!!

I am noticing that my P2 meals are seeming really big to me!! This is odd and I can't remember feeling this way on other rounds. Really pleased by that, especially this late in my game. My P2 chili over salad lunch (like a taco salad, kinda') seems huge right now. Had several bites but it seems to be growing in my bowl! Very unusual!!

Planned my meals through the weekend and am glad I'll be on the VLC plan. Much more regimented which will keep me from temptation. I'll work my way into P3 (Atkins induction basically) next week and hopefully stabilize somewhere in the 140's!!

Have a great weekend all my LCF's!! Stay strong!!
Old 03-04-2012, 06:28 AM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm down 0.6 today and happy!! All virgin weight at this point. Really truly amazing!! I'm so thankful for this!!

I'm really gearing up to maintain well this time. For me, it's about being diligent and not allowing that sense of "I deserve this" to creep back in on me. I was so deprived coming out of my last few rounds that I ate like a crazy woman. Almost testing to see if I could! And b/c I had been do hungry and miserable for so long. This time I don't feel that hungry, or miserable. I'm thrilled w. my new weights and am only pushing it to see how much further I can go. I'm ready to move on when my body is done losing. I'm still losing about 0.6 a day so I'm riding this wave until it hits the shore and where it ends, it ends. My real focus is on staying on that new slimmer shore!!

Heading off to church. It's going to be a fun day full of temptation (chili, dessert auction, etc) but I feel strong and prepared!! Half a hamburger will be lunch. I will bring lots of water and enjoy all the fun!! I'd like to see 147 something tomorrow!! I think I may make that my LDW. I'd like to start P3 before the weekend. Maybe Thursday?

Do any of you start P3 on an evening? Like making lunch one day your last dose? I remember reading that somewhere. That way you'd have a P3 dinner and gradually work your way back to more food? Suggestions welcome .
Old 03-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Twoterville/Short Term Goal - ONEderland!
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 9/1/2014
There is always so many temptations at my church as well. Why do christians to eat so much?! I do not partake of the morning desserts they have every Sunday and just have coffee. I am glad that you are working on getting in tune with yourself and body I am working on that as well. I am thinking about doing a round at the end of April and am gearing up for it so keep me in your prayers

You are doing great!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:41 AM   #43

have a great week Julie!! CONGRATSSS!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:42 AM   #44
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey Maggie-not sure what eating plan you're doing, but assuming it's Atkins, with all that exercise I know your metabolsim is sailing along. I bet a short round after a nice break would be very successful for you!! Hope so!! and thanks!!

I'm only down 0.2 today, but I'm ok w. that. I am hungrier today and was last night, so I may make this my LDW and move on. Not sure though. May go just one more dosing day to see if I can whittle that LDW down just a bit more. I am still feeling pretty strong and determined, but dont' want to use all that determination up. I need to keep some strength for P3 so I don't totally blow it.

Dh will be away Tues. night through Sat. night. So, if I start P3 Thurs, I will have a few days to keep it nice and gradual before he comes home and wants to eat out!! :rollseyes: That's always a hard time for me, in P3 especially. I tend to be a bit sloppy at restaurants and don't watch my portions. I want to stay vigilant this time!

So, my current plan is to dose today, then do VLC Tues and Wed., and then start P3 Thurs. Ok. I like that. I can do that. I WILL do that. Pep talk

Great week!! We can do it!!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:44 AM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

And Maggie- I agree!! Why does fellowship=food? It's a bad habit, but fun!! So glad I wasn't allowed ANY goodies yesterday. It was quite an array of delicious temptations!! None is easier than some for me!!

Thanks Deb!! you're doing great too!! I think Spring is an easier time for me. With warm weather around the corner I need to get my body ready for reveal!!
Old 03-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #46

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Thannks for the tip in my journal Julie!! Good luck transitioning to p3!!
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:21 AM   #47

Good Morning Julie! Have a great one!
Old 03-06-2012, 06:45 AM   #48
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, as I decided yesterday to be my last dosing day, I'm up 0.2 to 148. so, basically been here for 3 days now. I think my body is agreeing w/ my decision to move on to P3. So, for sake of math and ease, I'm going with 148 as my LDW!!

In all, I am really happy and if I stick to the "window" I will be maintaining at or below 150. Which was my dream goal last year, but seemed completely unattainable!!

Now, to resist plunging head long into P3 before my 48 hours of VLC w/o pellets. I was so tempted to add cream to my coffee this morning. I need to do this P3 right. I want to be nice and stable down here in the 140's .

Thanks Deb. Hope you're having a good week!!

DP-so glad you 2 were able to connect. Makes my heart smile just to know it!!
Old 03-07-2012, 04:54 AM   #49

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Nice work Julie!! Good luck with p3 and enjoy that coffee!!
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:06 AM   #50
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks DP!! So excited for tomorrow!! I really need to be strong today and keep it clean. The temptation is nearly overwhelming me!!

I'm up 0.2 today, to 148.2. I'm SO glad I didn't extend this round further. I'd be even more upset to be stalling/gaining while still dosing etc. Maybe it's b/c I'm not dosing anymore? I am hormonally imbalanced so maybe the hcg really helps balance me? Who knows!! Either way, I'm on to P3 tomorrow. I must not cheat today!! Finish strong!!
Old 03-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #51
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm down 0.6, so 0.4 below LDW and on to P3!! I get to eat fat again!! Heavy cream in my coffee !! My tummy is having a hard time adjusting thus far, but I'm pretty much fine now. Had an apple and some yummy beef/onion soup. YUMMY!! I will see how the rest of the day goes. So far, so good
Old 03-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, I'm on day 6 of P3. I'm really enjoying it thus far. So much better than P2!! I'm up 1.4 overnight, but I know exactly where it came from. Sweet Tomatoe's!! It always gets me. I made good choices, but still way too much food and too many calories. I'm still in my window, but heading up toward the top of it.

So, since I was going to be out all day at dd's vball tournament, I decided to do a GYCD. I know it's not necesary, and may not even have been a good idea. But, I had GY, it was portable and I like it!! If I am able to finish the CD out and am back to LDW tomorrow I'll be quite pleased. Not sure how the CD's actually work, maybe it won't work if the gain isn't too high? I don't know!! I"ll experiment and see what happens.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:48 AM   #53
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, my GYCD yesterday worked great!! It's always been my favorite CD, I don't even feel like I'm suffering during it. I had 5 portions of my beloved Voskos GY and the last one I added 4 huge strawberries and a packet of splenda to. It was yummy, filling and worked great!! I dropped 3.4lbs overnight!! I'm now almost 2lbs below my LDW!! I'm thrilled.

I do expect I'll probably bounce up a bit tomorrow. That's not uncommon after a CD. But I am where I'd like to be and really am trying hard this round to maintain at LDW. I spent most of previous P3's at the top of the window wrestling with multiple CD's to get back into the window.

There is debate over doing a CD when you're still in your window. I was up toward the top and didn't want that new gain to stick around. I probably wouldn't have done it if I was going to be in town for the whole P3. B/c we'll be away camping for 3 days this weekend w/ friends I want the cushion before I go. I'm not taking the scale and we will be eating out twice while there. I will pack LC foods (cottage cheese, eggs/bacon, lunchmeat etc) but will face multiple temptations (s'mores, popcorn, etc). I'll pack my ambrosia apples too (love those!!). I plan to be "good".

So, that's my happy update this morning. A new low on the scale!! 146.2!!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:06 AM   #54

Way to go Julie!!!.. It took me a moment to figure out what GY was.. duhhhh...

Glad you are staying so low in weight, that is FANTASTIC!!! Enjoy your day!
Old 03-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #55
Big Yapper!!!!

Just mulling some "diet" things over.

Do any of you guys just get tired of paying attention to everything you eat? I find myself just wanting to throw caution to the wind and chow down as I see fit!! We went to Freddy's tonight (not sure if you have them where you live, like Culver's) anyway, they make delicious burgers, shoestring fries (like Steak and Shake in FL), and homemade custard. It's phenomenal!! I was good though, got my lettuce wrapped burger, sauteed onions and just watched my dd's and dh eat their fries and custard. It's not junky ice cream, it's real custard!! Yum!! Anyway, just a little whine to those who understand- will I ever be like "everyone else" and able to occasionally have this type of food and relax about it? I really hope(d) Simeon's claims of metabolism/hypothalmus reset were legit. I know some have said they feel like it's happened for them. It's too soon for me to say, but it's highly unlikely that'll happen for me. I will probably always have to watch. But, I do plan, once securely through P4, to dabble in SAD eating. I know if I'm careful and do a CD the next day I should be able to stay in my window. But I look around at restaurants and see what other people eat and wonder why aren't they fat? I highly doubt they go home and run 5 miles or eat only chicken thighs the next day? Sorry to be a bummer. But, I was just reflecting on this tonight. Growing wearing of being careful .

Not that I'm throwing in the towel or anything, but I do notice my resolve starting to waver. Thoughts of "just a few bites of that won't hurt" going through my mind. Sigh.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:43 AM   #56
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi!! I've been running around and not keeping up w. my journal.

This is my 3rd week of P3 and I'm happy. I am at 0.2 below LDW today (GYCD yesterday b/c of Sweet T's on Sunday!!) and feeling good. I think my body is pretty stable (assuming I don't overdo it too much). By this weekend I should be moving on to P4. Not sure what that will actually look like, yet, but I'm not in a big hurry.

I am starting C25K Sunday. 2 friends from my Memorial Day challenge are doing it with me. Virtual accounability . It's only 3 workouts a week. I should be ok w. that. I have the first week's podcast on my iphone. I just need to do it . I would also like to add some weight training in. That will do more for me, physically, but will also mess w. the scale, and my head . We'll see. I am planning to do another season of softball on Monday nights. It's fun, and makes me step out of my comfort zone a bit. The exercise will only help my game (which isn't that great I must admit). Strength training and running should improve my overall agility. We'll see.

I'm doing well. I am almost to the point where I think of my food choices and overall size/weight less and less. I want to be stable and healthy and fear I become obsessed, or at least overly concerned, w/ diet. I wonder what impact this will have on my girls long term. Especially my 11y.o dd. She's overweight and has a tendency to overeat, even LC foods. I try to gently instruct her, but also fear creating a problem in her life. I need to pray about that one more.

Anyway, just an update. Feeling good and moving on!!
Old 03-27-2012, 08:00 AM   #57

What a great post Julie!! It sounds like you are definately on the right path to being thin forever!!! Congrats!!!!

Love what you say about your DD also. I am trying to do the same with my youngest, but of course, I have to walk the walk and not just the talk.

Keep up the great work you are doing!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:14 AM   #58
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Deb. Our kids watch us and are picking up more than we realize. I've become much more aware of it lately. I go back and forth between wanting to talk to dd about her weight and choices to keep her from all that heartache being obese as a child brings, and just staying out of it and letting her figure it out. She's active and overall makes healthy choices, but her weight is climbing. She's too much like me in that area. I can look at a cookie and gain. She does love volleyball and plays/practices hard. When she's not practicing she'll mess around at home (setting, serving etc) but is unwilling to consider running to build stamina and speed. She is def too much like me . I don't want to scar her for life and make her overly aware of food and weight (which is what I think I'm doing right now). Can't undo the past, going to try to keep her busy and out of the kitchen. Sigh.

Last night I took her to Panda Express (one of her fav places) for dinner. She graciously filled my soda cup for me. About half way through the cup I realize it tasted "funny". She accidentally put regular pepsi in it!!

I'm up a lb overnight Sigh. I really don't want to do a CD. My first 2 weeks went great. Now this week I'm at the top of my range or over it. I guess it's been all restaurant meals that have caused these CD's, now that I think of it. Sunday Sweet T's, then CD. Yesterday Panda, then CD. But come on. I can't eat out? Or if I do I have to do it P2 style? That's not living!! Maybe I need to work my way down to the lower end of my window? I was there a little bit and really liked it!!

Plus, I'm adding in exercise next week. I fear this scale fight and CD nonsense w/ all of that. Especially the weight training.

Ok, sorry about all of that whining. You guys understand. I was really enjoying this P3 for a while there. It's time to suck it up, do my steak day (my version is 2 steaks, one at lunch, and one at dinner). I'm allowing myself to go out and buy whichever ones I like. I don't care how much they cost today . I'm worth it . That'll soften the blow at least. And hopefully I'll be below LDW tomorrow morning.

I'm also going to buy some CO while I'm out. It's time to dabble in that. I may wait until the day after my CD. If I rebound I don't want the CO to be blamed. I tend to rebound anyway.

I am trying to psyche myself up for a fun steak day. I do love steak but dont' usually indulge in it. Well, today I am!!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #59

Another great post! I am the same way with my DD. I go back and forth with should I say something or not?

What I have found working lately is preparing Low Carb meals and just talking out loud ( haha ) about all the great things about giving up sugar and other carby things. She understands and has actually talked to me about it.

She wants to look good in her bathing suit, so she is really trying to cut things out. We shall see though, she is a teen, and you know how that goes as a teenager and all the things going on.

Anyway! I am sorry a partial cup of Pepsi could end up in a pound! You know it is NOT FAT... but still it is annoying!!! ENJOY your steaks!! get good ones!! YOU DO deserve!
Old 03-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #60
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, I did a traditional steak day (only 1 all day!!) and am down into my window today. Actually dropped 3lbs and am below LDW . 147.4!

It was a long, hard day yestereday and not being able to really eat or have some wine (which would have been wonderful even though I rarely drink!!). My mom is being released from the nursing home/rehab Sat. She's not strong enough to just go home alone, so I spent the day appealing her release, interviewing caregivers, talking to insurance, assisted living fac. etc. Frustrating, long and draining day. Meanwhile dd (8) decided to take advantage of me being on the phone all day and was repeatedly disobedient. Unbelieveably so!! I was at the end of my rope and was screaming at her by the end of the day. She did have it coming, but I rarely scream like that.

I am feeling better today. I've made my calls, scheudled her service and am taking the rest of the day off. Going for a pedicure should be fun. Dd(11) has a sleepover tonight. So I'll do something fun w/ dd(8).

Deb-how old is your dd? Mine is on the verge of puberty. I keep hoping/waiting for her growth spurt. I know in the next few years her body will be changing dramatically. I am praying it's up, not out!! But, I don't want to be making a mountain out of a molehill. She's a vball player and loves it. She practices hard and is quite active. I'm sure it'll even out for her soon. But I hate seeing her uncomfortable and self-conscious about her belly. I've BTDT, and more b/c my diet was filled w/ candy bars and chips and hers isn't. I can't imagine what she'd look like if she ate like I used to as a kid.

Happy Friday. Let's make it a good, clean but fun filled weekend!