Old 10-31-2012, 08:28 AM   #541
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Wow, Julie! Your game sounds like a real contact sport! You guys are hard core. WTG for throwing yourself into it and giving it your all.

I'm fine here. No flooding at all in my yard and I parked in the driveway again. My sister and her hubby are out driving around, taking pics of storm damage. They lost power and will likely be without it for a few days but they have a generator to keep things in the freezer and refrigerator from going bad. They almost always lose power when there's a bad storm. Not sure why.

I'm sure you'll get the wiggle room you need before your trip. Have a great day, Julie.
Glad you're doing fine! Glad the storm, overall, wasn't as bad as predicted. Poor Jersey shore! I love Ocean City NJ. That'll never be the same .

Debby-what an encouraging update!! So glad you're seeing healing!! God is go good! You're improved endurance is really making life so much better for you!! SO happy !! And I'm hypothyroid too. I'm adding a new med, cynoplus, slowly to see if it'll help my symptoms a bit more. My body temp is still a bit low (97 most mornings) and my hair dry and falling out more than "normal". Making me wonder if my thyroid is still needing a bit more support. This med has both T4 and T3 in it (currently I only take cytomel now, which is just T3). We'll see if it makes any difference. Ramping it up slowly. My body is so resisitant to weight loss, and gains so easily, a bit of metabollic boost would be great too!
And missions trips/vacations are pretty easy to find. I was looking into ones in either Guatemala and Dominican Republic online. The place I went in Ensenda is there year round, and it's beautiful!! I'd recommend them too (Las Tres Palmas). What a nice opportunity!!

Well, depsite 1000 LC cals yesterday, I'm right back up to 146.4lbs again today (day after CD) I really expected to be lower today. It seems whether I cut cals, fat, carbs etc. or eat out and higher cal, I gravitate toward 146. I'm beginning to think that week in Mexico I must have been at 146lbs most of the time and my body has stabilized here. Can't seem to figure any other explanation for it? If it was the CO in the BP coffee I had all last week, wouldn't that have gone down by now? CDs get me down a lb, then I bounce right back up here. I'm going to try an all beef day today-kinda' like a steak day (leftover roast beef needs to be eaten anyway) and see what tomorrow brings. I'm really baffled by the resistance of this weight. I know it's only a few lbs above LDW, but I love the idea of being at or below 145. Sigh. I don't want to give up and allow the weight to creep back up. I don't want to avoid exercise b/c I'm already higher on the scale than I want to be. Sigh. Not liking this #, but growing impatient w. being weak and flabby. Did some push-ups last night just b.c. Added back walking and softball so far, but likely adding more dedicated exercise once I'm home from my trip. AND I'm afraid of how I'll gain on my trip. Even being careful in Mexico, eating to hunger, stopping before truly full and satiated, I gained.. My metabolism seems insufficient. Seems like my body wants to be higher.

Sorry, I know I'm doing just fine. But wanted to vent my disappointment among those who understand. My friends IRL don't "get" it , think I look great and "skinny" and encourage me to eat (have a cookie!!). Is the number on the scale really that important? Can I accept 146 as my stable weight and be happy here. Sure. But why does that make me feel like I've failed for some reason? Is LDW+3lbs such a bad thing? Why am I not "ok" with that? Gotta' wrap my head around this . It may just be that 146 is where my body is happy and will stay w.o. killing myself. I'm not sure yet. Haven't "killed" myself sufficiently to be thoroughly convinced yet But I feel like that day is coming quickly!!

Last edited by julieboolie; 10-31-2012 at 08:31 AM..
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2012, 09:29 AM   #542
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
It's all in your head Julie!.... it's a number.. you ARE fine...

Yes, logically we all know this, but mentally it can be a stumbling block. If I were where you are now, I don't know what I would do either, but I hope that the number does not trip you up from being free, and healthy and happy at goal... whatever number it ends up being..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:28 AM   #543
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I agree with Deb, Julie. I understand your wanting to keep a tight handle on this and not letting it slip up higher and higher over time, but look at how far you've come! What difference does one (or even 3) lbs make? A flabby 145 looks worse than a tight and toned 150, right?

If you are working out in the gym and shrinking in size and your clothes are actually fitting better but maybe you are in the 150 range due to losing fat but gaining muscle, wouldn't that be good?

It really is just a number, sweetie. I don't know how you feel cause I have got so much farther to go in order to reach goal. But I chose 140 as a goal as a ballpark figure. I recall being pretty content at that weight, even though I'm only 5'4" tall. I think I might be able to find joy at 150. I was feeling pretty great in the 160 range and starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm sorry. I know you wanted validation from us and here we are, siding with your RLF. We just hate to see you beating yourself up when you've done such an AMAZING job and you reached your goal and now we want you to REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT!! Don't sweat the small stuff, as they say. You've made your dream come true! Now just live your life and breathe easier. Please?
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:23 PM   #544
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Girls!

Cheryl-You're right. I'm not gonna' sweat it, but I am gonna' stay on top of it. I need to stay in control and see where I can go. I'm not going to lose my head over it though . Thanks for the reassurance. Truthfully. I was hoping my LCFs would validate me and then I could breathe a bit easier up here at 146 . Kinda' nice to hear "it's ok, 146 isn't a failure, you're doing fine" .

Deb-thanks to you too. It is such a headgame. I'm not super upset to stay here, but am a bit concerned that I can't seem to get this # to go down. The scientist in me can't figure out why? But, I'm gonna' relax a bit, eat more calories (wondering if I've kept them too low lately?) and see what comes.

With hitting the gym more I'll gain #'s but I do hope, eventually, to lose inches. It takes more than 2 months for me to lose size when I work out. That's a long time to wait when you're being "good" and "dedicated" and your jeans are tight and the scale goes up. I know in the long run I'll be glad, but in the short term it's a bitter pill to swallow. Sigh.

1 day at a time . Eating more today. No CDs for me. Had GY for bfast, tuna salad for lunch, and prob. leftover roast beef for dinner (the pulled pork smells really good though!!).

Have a great night all!
Old 10-31-2012, 02:29 PM   #545
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi gals,
I just posted this on another thread, but thought it might be an encouragement to you Julie. If you're really feeling like your metabolism is failing... this would build it back up. You'd have to have a lot higher numbers then this, but you can figure that out. I still use this for maintenance & am still very slowly losing wt. God bless!
-------------------
I dieted for years, got to my lowest wt. via "Weigh-Down" method... maintained for 7 yrs. with that... then my metabolism slowed down & I ended up gaining wt. To see how many calories I was eating, I figured it out & found that I was gaining wt. on 1000 calories
So, I went on a body-builder's diet to build up my metabolism, which really fixed me up. It is based on your own body requirements, but rotates calories. It built me up to 2200 calories in the 1st stage & I actually lost weight on it! It was "low-carb" & high protein, so it taught me really clean eating.
So, for this 40 lbs. I used these amounts.

Like this:
  • Monday-1100;
  • Tuesday-1300;
  • Wednesday-1500;
  • Thursday-1700;
  • Friday-1100;
  • Saturday-1300;
  • Sunday-1700.
  • Repeat.
I lost most of the weight that way, then the last 10 lbs. I discovered coconut oil. I still continued with those stats, and the wt. came off.
Try it! You won't be disappointed! The days I lose are the day after I have my "big numbers"
Old 10-31-2012, 03:29 PM   #546
Big Yapper!

Wow, Debby! My sister lost a lot of weight on the "weigh down" program, but she measured and weighed and counted calories. She got so thin that no one in my family could believe it. She looked truly amazing. She hit a snag after maintaining it for several years and having a full-body lift, now she struggling with her weight again. It's tough.

I'd love to know more about this body-builder's diet that you are talking about. Can you share the website without breaking LCF rules? I really need to see what it's all about. Thanks!

Julie, I'm glad you did in fact feel validated. We love ya, girl.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:02 PM   #547
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Wow, Debby! My sister lost a lot of weight on the "weigh down" program, but she measured and weighed and counted calories. She got so thin that no one in my family could believe it. She looked truly amazing. She hit a snag after maintaining it for several years and having a full-body lift, now she struggling with her weight again. It's tough.

I'd love to know more about this body-builder's diet that you are talking about. Can you share the website without breaking LCF rules? I really need to see what it's all about. Thanks!

Julie, I'm glad you did in fact feel validated. We love ya, girl.
LOL @ Cheryl's sister! Counting calories, weighing & measuring is one of the biggest no-no's on Weigh down! Its all about eating what your body craves & stopping at satisfied. All the while, submitting to God to direct you.
The plan was Physique Transformation. But the web-site is no longer there. I hope its not against rules to post. If it is, we can talk via email.
I see there's U tube stuff on it, maybe you will be able to find the free booklet online to read.
I've been suggesting my modification of this (above) to others & they're having success, just with the rotating clean calories.
Glad you escaped the damage of the storm!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:07 PM   #548
Big Yapper!

I know it. I used to point out that very dichotomy but it was working for her and she was adamant on calling it "Weigh Down" so I couldn't argue with her success. Ya know? I myself could not do weigh down because I couldn't deal with the guilt of being sinful on over-eating or eating when not truly hungry. It's hard to make hunger match social situations, etc.

I'll see if I can find information on that plan. Thanks, Debby! WTG on all your success and on seeking God's leading. (And you too, Julie.) !!!
Old 10-31-2012, 07:20 PM   #549
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I know it. I used to point out that very dichotomy but it was working for her and she was adamant on calling it "Weigh Down" so I couldn't argue with her success. Ya know? I myself could not do weigh down because I couldn't deal with the guilt of being sinful on over-eating or eating when not truly hungry. It's hard to make hunger match social situations, etc.

I'll see if I can find information on that plan. Thanks, Debby! WTG on all your success and on seeking God's leading. (And you too, Julie.) !!!
I found the online book: physique transformation secrets 5 insider Secrets
google finds that right off. You should be able to download it.

Ya, there were a lot of other great things that broke through to me. Especially the fact that the Holy Spirit will help you overcome your temptations. I was set free of bulimia, the obsession with food, and using food as a drug. Jesus is so awesome!
Old 10-31-2012, 08:00 PM   #550
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Debby. I went there and put in my email address and I'll download the book as soon as I get the confirmation email. I appreciate it! And I do have experience in the Holy Spirit liberating me from substances. I just wish I could say that I never backslid. I hope you can say that!

Jesus is indeed AWESOME.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:14 PM   #551
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks, Debby. I went there and put in my email address and I'll download the book as soon as I get the confirmation email. I appreciate it! And I do have experience in the Holy Spirit liberating me from substances. I just wish I could say that I never backslid. I hope you can say that!
Jesus is indeed AWESOME.
Ha! None of us will be perfect until we meet @ heaven.
Glad you found the book.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #552
Big Yapper!!!!

Debby-that's great information! Thank you for sharing it. I've heard of Weigh Down and like all the info I've seen. So glad it's worked for you. I do pray, constantly, that God would free me from this. I feel like my weight has been my "thorn" like Paul had. But, I don't seem to be able to lose even when I'm victorious in only eating to hunger and staying in control. This is where I'm struggling right now. Even when I've followed successful "plans", aside from hcg I can't seem to lose any weight. Guessing it's party b.c my thyroid isn't optimized. It's better than it used to be, but still not "normal". I'll look up that book too.

Cheryl-glad you're seeing victory in some areas. It's a constant battle, I know! Hang in there and keep fighting!! You're doing great!

Such an encouraging group!!

Well, I was "good" (LC) yesterday. Not even 1 piece of candy! Did higher cals just to reassure my body I'm not out to starve it to death, but all LC. And? I'm up. 147.4 today. Surprise, surprise! I was about 2700cals, 60% fat, 30% protein and 11% carbs. So, now what? Do I try a CD today? I don't really want to, but I do love the IDEA that I could be back in window w/ a successful one. But, what happens the day after that one? Do I just do a really high fat, lower calorie day?

I'm considering a JUDDD attempt. I could do a DD today, on the higher fat side, and then start rotating from there. But, in 2 weeks I'll be away on vacation and know I won't be able to do true DDs very often while away. Those w/ JUDDD experience, how does that work? Can I just transition to a moderate lifestyle that week and jump back to JUDDD when I get home? How does that impact weight? Do you immediately regain your losses?

Maybe I'll just do FFish for a few days and see if I can wiggle down? I am tired of thinking about it. There isn't really a reason, that I can see, that I'm up (2lbs out of window now) . In looking back at my past 2 rounds, it's been the same thing. Some reason I gain (usually travel) and then I can't seem to get the weight to go back down, regardless of CDs or careful eating. Then I eventually decide to do another "round" and try to get my LDW low enough that the inevitable gains at the end won't be too high a stablized weight. I'm not sure that's the best way to handle it. I don't want to do it that way, but it appears most of my other attempts to lose, or re-lose, aren't effective. Kinda' in a bit of a quandry .

I'm wondering if it's a basic metabollic issue w. me (and my screwy hormones). Lowering cals doesn't help me lose weight. This seems to indicate that my basic metabolism isn't humming along like it should. My refeed (back in April) seemed to work well for me, and maybe all this recent calorie restriction has slowed it down again? Trying to add some cynoplus to my meds this week. Hoping it'll help me w. my temps and basic hypothyroisism. Sigh. I just want to be "done" and live my life. I don't mind "watching". and am very careful, but going up while being careful is upsetting me. AND, I want to work out and tighten everything up. Another opportunity to gain there. Even though I'm doing "the right thing". Oh well. Part of the great experiment in losing weight and keeping it off for life. Remembering it's just one part of my life and in the grand scheme of things I'm WAY better off than I used to be, and happy where I am. Regardless of what the scale says.

I'm not giving up, but I'm also not going to put all my energy and focus into reinventing the wheel. I'm gonna' keep it in perspective and keep moving along.

Dd's got vball tryouts tonight. Kinda' a turning point for her. Hope things go well for her tonight .
Old 11-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #553
Big Yapper!

Julie, you are still technically in one of the hcg phases, so I would just do one of your CD's and see where that takes you. Don't worry about the day after that. Just take it one day at a time. (I hate when people tell me that.) I don't see how JUDDD will work on your trip. That's setting yourself up for unhappiness.

I know you take supplements for your thyroid but what are your lab levels? Should you be on a prescription drug for your thyroid? I mean, if this is truly a problem for you, you need to get on the right medication and have your labs checked periodically to see where you're at and if things need to be adjusted. I'm very overdue for those labs myself. I made an appointment to see my Dr on the 15th. I'll get my labs done after that.

I feel your pain, Julie. Going up while being careful is truly maddening. Anyone would feel the same. I hope dd has fun and wins at v-ball tonight. to you, sweetie.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #554
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Julie, you are still technically in one of the hcg phases, so I would just do one of your CD's and see where that takes you. Don't worry about the day after that. Just take it one day at a time. (I hate when people tell me that.) I don't see how JUDDD will work on your trip. That's setting yourself up for unhappiness.

I know you take supplements for your thyroid but what are your lab levels? Should you be on a prescription drug for your thyroid? I mean, if this is truly a problem for you, you need to get on the right medication and have your labs checked periodically to see where you're at and if things need to be adjusted. I'm very overdue for those labs myself. I made an appointment to see my Dr on the 15th. I'll get my labs done after that.

I feel your pain, Julie. Going up while being careful is truly maddening. Anyone would feel the same. I hope dd has fun and wins at v-ball tonight. to you, sweetie.
Thanks Cheryl-I did have labwork done not too long ago and my levels are off, but still in the "range" so no Dr. help there. Decided to just try and treat myself. Going by symptoms (fatigue, dry/brittle hair, nails, skin, basal and mid-day temps, and pulse rate). The symptoms are the key most Dr.s miss anyway. The lab levels are very telling, but the "normal" range in the test results include all patients averaged together (including the hypo ones), so even if you're in the "range" you could (and I am) still hypo. I've tried to find a good Dr. and spent too much $ in the process. I'm doing much, much better addressing it myself. I'm still not "normal" but instead of basal temps of 96.6, I'm usually in the 96.8-97.2 range which is WAY better. I'd like to be in the upper 97's eventually. We'll see.

Taking Cheryl's suggestion, plus a kinda' FF, low cal day, I'm doing an egg CD of sorts. Made egg salad w. 4 large HB eggs with extra mayo and plan to wait as long as possible to eat it. I've had coffee/hwc so far, and am trying to hold out until dinner time (more or less, we'll be out at try-outs so that may not work). I think it'll help, but I'll worry about the next step tomorrow (great reminder Cheryl, 1 day at a time ).

Old 11-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #555
Big Yapper!

I never take my temperatures. Only when I'm really sick, just out of curiosity. I almost never break 100 degrees even when deathly ill. It's so not-validating as to how crappy you feel, ya know?! I'm glad you are feeling like what you are doing on your own is helping matters. I hate when they tell you that the results are "normal" without really telling you specifics until you ask for them.

I'm so glad you found my suggestion helpful. It's so much easier for me to offer advice than to follow my own! Do you find that is true for you too? (Anyone?)

I'm actually starting to get a little excited about going back to Atkins! Isn't that crazy? I do recall how happy I was doing the plan, when nothing was "in the way." Such as holidays, birthdays, and parties of whatever sort and variety. But even then, there are ways to navigate around and through them. I wish there were easier and quicker alternative foods but that's the thing about Atkins. You need to cook and be prepared. There are no quick and easy foods for a healthy plan. That speaks volumes right there!

I hope you wake up to a great scale moment tomorrow, Julie. God bless you for trying so hard and for coming so SO far.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:26 AM   #556
Big Yapper!!!!

My temp is down today . I am not sure if it's the low,low carb that does it (been known to happen in the past) or the new med? Since I plan to stay VLC for a bit, I'll drop the new med again. I'll revisit that once I'm back from my vacation and stable again. I also noticed more foggy thinking the past week which is a low thyroid symptom too (really forgetful, slow thought this week!!). Wondering if it's interfering w. the med I was already partially successful with. Either way, gonna' drop it for now .

I'm down a bit after my egg CD. I'm to 145.6 this morning, which is nice progress. Now for the challenge of sticking that loss. Never happens, but gonna' try today. Doing VLCarb and higher fat today . Gonna' drop my protein down a lot. I'm also forgoing my beloved GY and froyo until I'm back in "window" solidly. Sigh. I love it so, but think it's hindering my relosing.

Cheryl-I love Atkins too. I miss the pumpkin cheesecake, twice baked cauliflower days. I miss being able to eat "as much as I want" of LC foods. I'm SO not there right now, and wonder if I ever will get back there (while weighing 145lbs). We'll see. 1 challenge at a time Hope it goes well for you and that first week's whoosh keeps you going for a while!!
Old 11-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #557
Big Yapper!

Sounds like dropping that new med is a good plan, Julie. WTG on the CD results! That must be a relief for you.

I've never made pumpkin cheesecake or the twice baked cauliflower. Are those on Linda Sue's website or in the recipe section of LCF? I've never made those cream cheese muffins people rave about, either. I have a lot of cooking to do! Better get my kitchen nice and tidy and organized so I can work efficiently. It's a bit of a mess at the moment.

I LOVE those first few weeks on Atkins. I have started and stopped Atkins a bunch of times and if memory serves, I do great the first month and then the losses feel like they just stop in the second month. But thinking back to the first time I ever did Atkins in 1998, I remember very clearly that I lost 40 lbs over 4 months and so I just averaged it out to be 10 lbs a month. If I can manage that, I'll be happy.

The strangest thing about Atkins and not really having to worry about calories is that when I'm in ketosis, I just don't care about eating. It suppresses my appetite way down. And who ever wants to binge on meat? Not me. Maybe if it was a really good pork shoulder cooked overnight in the crock pot. (Oops! Talking to the crock pot Queen and don't want to open up Pandora's Box for you.)

I read somewhere about a recipe of baked little cauliflower florets that are crunchy and good for snacking. And another recipe for kale chips. I'll have to figure out how to make these two things so I'll have something to snack on and not be tempted to reach for nuts. Those are dangerous to have in the house. Too hard to stop at just a handful.

Anyway, have a superbulous day! I have no plans but I got paid and it's a great feeling! One big sigh of relief. Now to stay well within my budget for November and to keep from having to take an end-of-month loan from my Mom. All it does is it bites into the next month's budget so I'm really not doing myself any favors by doing that.

ETA: There is a Tom cat that has been hanging around where I feed the birds, stalking them. Just now, I heard a bird chirp as it was getting away in this bush just outside my bedroom window and I see that orange cat from the middle of his body to the tip of his outstretched arm. I immediately called for Cisco and said, "Get the kittie!" Let her loose and away the cat ran. I wish if people had animals that they would actually take care of them so they aren't stalking the neighborhood for food and/or entertainment.

Last edited by CherylB; 11-02-2012 at 09:20 AM..
Old 11-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #558
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
My temp is down today . I am not sure if it's the low,low carb that does it (been known to happen in the past) or the new med? Since I plan to stay VLC for a bit, I'll drop the new med again. I'll revisit that once I'm back from my vacation and stable again. I also noticed more foggy thinking the past week which is a low thyroid symptom too (really forgetful, slow thought this week!!). Wondering if it's interfering w. the med I was already partially successful with. Either way, gonna' drop it for now .
Hi Y'all!
Julie sorry your thyroid is acting up again. Are you on a natural thyroid? or synthetic? I'm still trying to get mine right, thinking I had it, dropped it down half a tab & now my temperature seems to be dropping again. Its not worth waiting to see what the Dr. says... hair will be dropping out again. That brain-fog is horrible. When do you get your blood tested again?

We had a marathon board meeting last night, didn't get home till after midnight ... up at 6 am... So, I've been kind of dragging all day.
Hope you're both doing well & have a "plan" for the week-end!
Old 11-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #559
Big Yapper!!!!

Debby-hope you got some rest and are doing well. I too don't wait for the Dr to help w. the meds. My symptoms tell me as much as the blood tests do. I too am tweaking things a bit. I'm on T3/cytomel. I was trying to add some T4 (synthroid) and it didnt' help. Actually made me feel worse. So, I'm dropping it. Feel better already.

Cheryl- at the cat!! Yes, enjoy those first few weeks. Always the best losses despite the induction/ketosis flu. And definitely check out the recipes. LindaSue is great, and here on LCFs. If you make enough stuff ahead of time, you can wrap it up in tupperware and have quick "go to" options at hand. Makes a huge difference in your success too!! You can do it!! Enjoy!!

I'm happy to report I'm back in my window! Depending on which weight I take, 145 or 145.2. Woohoo!! 145.2 is the top of my window. First time I'm back in in weeks . Now, to stick it!! I am loving the low fat, low carb and lower protein. It's working well, keeping me satisfied and happy. I felt a bit nauseous the first day (egg day) and am feeling better now. Going to stay strong and careful today. Maybe I'll up carbs a bit this week if I can stay in window for a few days. So relieved!!

Crazy day w. vball for both dd's and bday party for my neice . Have fun!!
Old 11-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #560
Big Yapper!

Yahoooooo!!!! Good For You, Girl!
Old 11-03-2012, 08:51 AM   #561
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi gals,
Sounds like you're both on track, WTG!
Julie that's good, synthroid made me feel hypo. I am doing really well on the Natural Thyroid. That's interesting that you're taking T3/cytomel by itself. Did your Dr subscribe it? Hope you continue to feel better.
I'm raising my thyroid by 1/4 & lowering isocort by 1/2 tab. today... very close to tweaked now (I hope)!
Looking forward to having the grandkids for the week-end.
Have a good one!
Old 11-04-2012, 06:54 AM   #562
Big Yapper!!!!

Debby-I'd like to try the natural thyroid but can't get anyone to prescribe it for me. The T4 seems to make me feel worse too, so I'm encouraged you had the same reaction to it. I'll stick w. the T3 and may up my dose a bit. We'll see. I'd love to be optimized. WTG on nearly being there yourself!! So happy for you and the whole new world it'll open up for you!!

Thanks Cheryl!!

Well, my day in window was nice. It was short lived as we ate out and I had a nice Italian chopped salad, perfectly on plan, but I'm up 1.2lbs this morning . But, I'm not freaking out about it, I will be cleaner and hopefully avoid fiber and roughage today and hope for the best tomorrow. I'm also gonna' skip GY today and think that's possibly a problem for me. I really hope not, as I love the stuff, but I haven't had it in a while and had 2 servings yesterday. Could be a potential issue (hope not!!) but we'll see. .

Recent reflections here at LCFs:
There are many who can cheat on P3 and add carbs (candy, cakes) etc and don't seem to be negatively impacted. Some even lose well in P2 with regular cheats. We're all different. There are all kinds of people here at LCFs doing hcg. Some have a very small amount of weight to lose, some only from babies or recently gained as they age. Their bodies will likely stabilize more easily. For me and my lifetime of morbid obesity, maintaining or even losing is much harder. It's ok, and i'm "over" comparing myself with others who can do it more easily. I used to be jealous of those who can "get away" with more than I can. But, I try to remember that I'm just happy to be where I am and even though it'll take work to stay here, it's WAY better than having to lose it all over again!! Like I tell my dd's, don't compare yourself to other people. There will always be others who have it better than you, but there will also be others who have it much worse than you do. Count your blessings, give all the glory to God, and carry on . It's good to remind myself of this!

Hope you're all doing well!! I'm off to church!
Old 11-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #563
Big Yapper!

Amen, honey. (Clinking glasses with you.)
Old 11-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #564
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, I had higher carbs yesterday. Totally out of character for me. I had been reading more on my thyroid and the impact LC has on it, as well as just a general feeling of misery from being so controlled for a long time and still not seeing the reward for it. Add to that the acceptance that maybe my body would like a larger range in which to maintain, and I found myself enjoying a free, small serving of frozen custard at lunch, and then later in the evening having a small Almond Joy, and a PB cup!! I haven't had actual sugar in something for months!!

I was fully prepared to see 148+ on the scale this morning. And? I woke up to 146!! My temp was up to 97.6 too! I do NOT claim to understand my body. I have experimented for years and thought LC was the best way for me to lose and/or maintain. Maybe this is a fluke? Maybe it's a gift from God? I do NOT know. But, today I will have higher carbs (healthier ones!!) and see what tomorrow brings. Truthfully I've missed my apples!

So, happy w. that. 0.8 above window and not going to fight that. If my body will settle here I will let it. We'll see what tomorrow brings!!

Cheryl-how's Atkins prep coming? You don't start for a week, right? Or is it now? I have loads of recipes I've gathered over the years. Let me know if you need any!!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:47 AM   #565
Big Yapper!

Very nice, Julie! Enjoy your apples and I'm sure they will be fine for you. I have heard the same thing about a very LC diet and hypothyroidism. Stretch the boundaries some and see if it will keep giving you what you want.

I'm starting today! My dog woke me up at 9, which she never does. I got up to put her outside and then went to call her in and she was nowhere to be seen. When she did return, she had a couple of burs and various other weed seed heads all over her. That can only mean that she's found a way out of the fenced yard. I think her fur has gotten so dense that she doesn't feel the electric shock from her collar through it all. So I will trim her down around her neck today. Hope she doesn't look goofy when I'm done!

Thanks for the offer for recipes. I have plenty and have Linda Sue's site and Cleo's so I should be fine. God bless the internet! Who needs cookbooks anymore? If you ever hear me complaining that I want something really bad and can't find a way to make a LC version of it, please share any ideas or recipes you've got for me.

I'm starting the day with coffee, ez sweetz and cream. My traditional morning menu. Then for lunch I want to make some scrambled eggs with onion, mushroom, cream, tabasco and cheese, topped with butter. Then about 3 slices of bacon. I have the farm today so my plans to make a bean-less chili are not sounding doable. I don't have the patience it takes to make it in the crock pot but I won't be here to dote over it for 2 hours while it simmers on the stove. So, I guess it will have to wait.

It is really COLD here today. Almost 11 am and still in the 30's. We'd better prepare for snow soon cause any precip that comes from now on is likely to be white. I hope we have a good winter. We could all use one!

Hope your day continues to be awesome, Julie!
Old 11-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #566
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi gals!
Making a quick stop-in. Been busy, & have choir tonight. Its all good.
We've actually had a "melt" and the snow on the valley floor is disappearing fast. Kinda nice!

I found out yesterday that my sweet puppy is crying so loud when I go to work...(mornings)... that she can be heard over a mile away! so I bought a bark-collar today. Don't want her calling the coyotes in & annoying the neighbors!

I went boot shopping today... they were just too ugly to buy, so I'm going through all my boots & old shoes in the storage room, discovering "why" they were put down there... time to chuck 'em! I might just stick with my old gum boots instead of paying for the new style boot... its not so "clunky" looking. Then go for the fancy knee-high dress boots! They're purty! And will go with my new dress.

Question... do any of you know, is there a gluten-free communion bread? I had a request today to look into that. What a great idea!
Have a blessed evening!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #567
Big Yapper!

Wow, Debby. That's a very good question about the gluten-free communion bread. I have an uncle who is now having to eat a gluten-free diet and I'll bet he'd appreciate knowing the answer to your question.

You must live in a very open area for that puppy's barking to be heard a mile away! Poor little baby. I hope the collar fixes the problem and settles the puppy down. Separation anxiety can be terrible. Do you have a crate? Sometimes crate-training them can give them a sense of security.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #568
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Wow, Debby. That's a very good question about the gluten-free communion bread. I have an uncle who is now having to eat a gluten-free diet and I'll bet he'd appreciate knowing the answer to your question.

You must live in a very open area for that puppy's barking to be heard a mile away! Poor little baby. I hope the collar fixes the problem and settles the puppy down. Separation anxiety can be terrible. Do you have a crate? Sometimes crate-training them can give them a sense of security.
Yeah, that's what she's in, a crate on the porch. She does fine in it at night & even till I leave... guess she starts up afterwards though.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:07 AM   #569
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hi gals!
Making a quick stop-in. Been busy, & have choir tonight. Its all good.
We've actually had a "melt" and the snow on the valley floor is disappearing fast. Kinda nice!

I found out yesterday that my sweet puppy is crying so loud when I go to work...(mornings)... that she can be heard over a mile away! so I bought a bark-collar today. Don't want her calling the coyotes in & annoying the neighbors!

I went boot shopping today... they were just too ugly to buy, so I'm going through all my boots & old shoes in the storage room, discovering "why" they were put down there... time to chuck 'em! I might just stick with my old gum boots instead of paying for the new style boot... its not so "clunky" looking. Then go for the fancy knee-high dress boots! They're purty! And will go with my new dress.

Question... do any of you know, is there a gluten-free communion bread? I had a request today to look into that. What a great idea!
Have a blessed evening!
on the doggie! My boys cry when we're away overnight, so we now have to have a dog sitter anytime we're away. Hope the collar works. We use a GF cracker in our communion trays now. They're round, kinda' yellow in color, and taste like potatoes. I think there are lots of GF crackers out there which might make a nice sub. And at the boots!! I remember those days when boots had to function, not just look cute!! I'm in the "cute" world now, where we hope it'll get cold enough to actually wear them! I think choosing a pair for cosmetic uses and using the ones you already have for snow/ice is a good choice!

Cheryl-how's Atkins going for you so far? Are you staying warm? Hope so!!

I'm up today. 147.4lbs Which is both expected and totally fine! You do NOT want to hear what I ate yesterday!! Suffice it to say, I have now hidden the Halloween candy and we all will be better off for it!! I also forgot my nighttime dose of meds too, which I'm sure isn't helping things! I'm gonna' do clean P3 today. Got chicken thigh/legs to bake and I'll likely add some eggs too. Kinda' a chicken day if you count the embryos . It's all good. Hope the low carb levels don't impact my temps/thyroid. Trying to find the happy medium btw. LC enough to stick the weight and high enough to keep my body humming along! There is certainly room in the "middle" that I have yet to explore!

Have a great day!! Election day!! I'm hoping for a change tonight, truth be told, but am reminded that God is in control, and whatever He has planned is ok w. me. His ways are not my ways, and I am happy with that order to things!
Old 11-06-2012, 07:25 AM   #570
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
So what did you eat Julie?........

I know I had to also get rid of the candy. No hunger at all, but that never stopped me from wanting it....... Oh well!! I hope you have a wonderful P3 day! I am eating clean today also... just feel better for it..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote