Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Good morning,
Slept in this morning... nice! Yes, thanksgiving was a lot of work, albeit less then most people go to... I'm just not into cooking anymore.
Great idea about the jeans! It was rather cool there when we were in Baja. It was the only place in Mexico that I got cold. Which would be a lot better to work in! What an adventure! Did you guys have to raise all that money for the materials also?
Egg yolks is one of the things the naturopath took away from me... miss eggs! I'm going to ask if I can have them back.... that & the dairy.
You're doing super! I bet when life gets back to normal, your weight will have dropped. All the salt from the restaurant food covers up reality.
Have a great day!
I'm hoping for cooler weather. We won't be too far from the beach, which is usually cooler too. Bummer on the eggs. I don't think they'll be a problem for me. Last round I seemed to gain each day I had them, but of course there's not any way to isolate it completely. So I just dropped them and stabilized better w.o. them. I know I'll be having them probably daily next week and want to practice w. them now . Hope you're able to add them back. No dairy? I'd !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
You really can't eat out as much and as often as you've been lately and then be able to point a finger at some eggs you ate. YK? When you are eating at home you'll be better-able to experiment with things individually and see what they each do to you. I find it hard to imagine that eggs would cause a problem.

The "fiber party in your belly" is what I would think gave you the 0.6 up above your LDW. You are rocking this! I hope you can see that. And I hope that while you're in Mexico, you will find plenty of good things to eat that won't mess you up. If not, you've got those trusty Quest bars.

Good idea about the jeans in Mexico. Give those other ones to your daughter. Save yourself some money in the process! Fewer jeans you'll need to buy for her in the near future. If they happen to be too snug on her, all the more incentive for her to keep dropping the weight and exercising. How's she doing on that plan of hers?

I hope you have a great week. We will be missing you while you're off the radar.
ITA!! I think the eggs will be fine. If I'm sensitive to them I'd suspect a much larger bump up. Yay! Dd isn't too committed, but she's not going off the rails either. She's trying not to eat unless she's really hungry and is having lots of fruit and tomatoes. She's holding steady, which is just fine by me. I don't want her to obsess over her weight, but I also don't want her frustrated and upset w. her body either. She's actually around the same weight I am these days, and is handing down her clothes to me . She's all belly (pre-puberty) and fitted tops dont' look good on her. So any "baby dolls" or fitted shirts she won't wear. She's all about baggy t-shirts, which is just fine w. me! I'll miss you guys too next week. Hard to believe I leave Sat! How's the exercise going for you? I'm so happy it's a regular part of your life!! How cool is that? How's the job hunt? I need to go check up on you .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
you are doing GREAT JULIE!!!! Have a blast in Mexico!!.. ( well not TOO MUCH) ..
Thanks sweetie!! I feel good. Not stressing the scale too much, and content eating clean P3. I am beginning to feel tempted toward my choc. almonds and froyo. I am dabbling in them (3-4, or a few bites) to see how I do. Mexico will be more work than fun, which is probably a good thing .

I'm LDW+0.4 today, so well in window!! Ate a bit lighter yesterday. It doesn't seem impacted too much by my calorie level, which is a relief. I prefer the 1800+ days . Played our double header ( still can't belive it's 2hours of softball each MOnday now!!) last night and we won the first, lost the second. Good game, fun team to play, but a LONG night. I was beat when we got home. Nice shower, some cupcake wars, then a good night's sleep.

Gotta' finish laundry, find some t-shirts I don't care about, and get packing. Picked up a "pill box" to keep my vitamins and thyroid meds in, bought some Pepto Bismol just in case, quest bars, work gloves for both of us, and some hand sanitizer. I feel closer to being ready.

Dd(9)'s vball practice tonight, her guitar recital tomorrow, dd(12)'s choir and youth group on Thurs., and final packing Friday. This week will fly!!

Have a great day my friends!

Read this this morning:
Ecc 12:13-"Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man's all. For God will bring every work into judgement, Including every secret thing. Whether good or evil."
Great reminder to keep first things first in my life! Fearing, loving and praising God first, keeps all the rest of my priorities straight .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #482
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sbarr
Stats: 220/182/135 (26-Jul)
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis (18 carb/70 protein/116 fat)
Start Date: Jan 2005/Jan 2011/Oct 2012/Jan 2014 - bah!!
Hi Julie, thought I would pop over. It's intimidating with so many journals - but, it's quite inspiring to see someone successful and where I would be if I didn't gain this weight. Well, Lindsey is part of it, but the rest is real weight. Hope to see you down at that weight end of next year. I'm going slow - life is busy enough.
sbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #483
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarr View Post
Hi Julie, thought I would pop over. It's intimidating with so many journals - but, it's quite inspiring to see someone successful and where I would be if I didn't gain this weight. Well, Lindsey is part of it, but the rest is real weight. Hope to see you down at that weight end of next year. I'm going slow - life is busy enough.
Thanks for stopping by! Yes, 1 day at a time, you'll get there!! Love your siggy too. We have to be mindful and make consistently good choices. Hard, but so worth it!! You're doing great!

I felt a bit rebellious yesterday. So, what started as "a few" mocha almonds, became like 20! Then, after dd's vball practice we went for froyo. I was doing ok, but then dh (who took a ridiculously large portion) couldn't finish his. So, I, hating to waste, helped finish it. And, surprisingly (not!!) I'm up 1.6 today. Ah well, today's a new day. I'll eat clean LC and I know I'll be fine.

I am also on the 2nd day after softball, which is usually good for a bit of a bump on it's own.

And I HOPE TOM is coming!! Please, please, please!! I'd really like to get it here, not in Mexico. We'll see.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #484
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Oh no! Too funny, though. Nice to know you're human, like the rest of us.

I hope in your packing you have prepared for TOM. I wouldn't want to take a wait-and-see attitude about what can be found to handle that situation down in Mexico. Some things just can't be left up to chance.

Don't sweat the 1.6 bump. You earned it, after all. It will melt away, just like froyo on a hot day.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #485
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Looks like you got off pretty easy on what-ever a froyo is... You know, "naturally thin" people have days like that too... but they don't even think about it... next day they might miss a meal just "because" ... You'll be fine! Don't beat yourself up about it...
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #486
Big Yapper!

(Frozen yogurt.)
Old 10-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #487
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
(Frozen yogurt.)
Ah!! Thanks Cheryl! Can't tell I live "away" from main-stream, huh?
Old 10-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #488
Big Yapper!

I never knew what that stuff was until Julie, so it's not just you.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:02 AM   #489
Big Yapper!!!!

Leave it to me to share the wonderful world of froyo with you lovely ladies!! If I could control my portions on it a bit better, I think it could be my regular treat. Not this week though!!

Cheryl-oh yeah. I'm human. 1 day of not controlling every little bite and I'm still paying for it 2 days later!! Oh well. Part of the learning process. I really hope TOM comes today, I'm crampy and so ready for it!! I will pack supplies and be "ready" for my trip, but really hope I won't have to deal with that on top of all the other "challenges" in Mexico. We'll see.

Debby-Yes, naturally thin people (who I try NOT to hate!) do compensate right away. I did that yesterday and am up another 0.2lbs today. Not sure what that's about. Hope it's TOM or delayed muscle weight gain? Who knows. Silly body!! I'll keep on keeping on and wait for the little drop I'm due. I'm trying to keep it all in perspective. It's just a little bit. I just hope it doesn't keep going up. That happened at the end of last P3/P4 and I couldn't figure it out. That's why I was trying to be so careful this time around. Sigh.

Today's update:
Well, despite my "clean" P3 day yesterday I'm up 0.2. That bumps me 0.2 out of "window", which I know isn't a big deal, but I didn't reallly earn it. Maybe it's a second day residual additional gain from my froyo and almonds? But, what?!! I withstood many temptations yesterday, came in around 1500cals. I did have GY twice (kinda' a mini-CD idea), coffee/cream several times, and taco salad for dinner (homemade). Sigh. Must be TOM or exercise retention still . So, I'm thawing some steak, and will do an all beef day. Not a traditional, or even modified steak day. But, I'll do all beef, high fat, coffee/cream and see what tomorrow brings. Sigh.

It's really not that much, but w. my trip to Mexico starting Sat. and knowing I won't be able to control or choose my dinners each day, I really, really would like to be AT or BELOW LDW before I leave. I was trying to be careful and set myself up for an easy week in Mexico. I suspect I'll have some damage to repair when I get home and hope I'm not tempted to run back to P2. I have found it nearly impossible to lose weight any other way and have regained a bit after every round. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Hopefully my beef day will help me get some room before I'm away.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #490
Big Yapper!

I'm sorry you are out of the window but just by a tiny fraction of a hair. And you're due for TOM. And you're probably a little stressed about the whole packing for Mexico thing and not being sure what you'll have to eat. Stress alone will do it. RELAX. Breathe in, breathe out. It will come back down.

I hope you won't want to do another round when you return home. I hope it isn't necessary and you find that you can regulate those last few skinny lbs in a natural way. After all, that's what maintenance is all about.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:53 AM   #491
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-yes, I'd like to find a "more natural" way to regulate my weight. I do NOT want to use hcg as a crutch. I've seen many do this and it frightens me a bit. I am trying to keep a nice tight reign on my weight so as NOT to need correction and work. I'm trying not to stress about the trip, but I'm sure there is some. To be expected w. a border crossing w. dd(12) and unknown conditions on the other side. The hard work doesn't bother me, but TOM w.o. traditional sanitation does. . Oh well. What can you do? Blessed are the flexible for they shall not break!

I am down 2lbs from my modified steak day! That's a big relief! I'm sure there'll be a bit of regain tomorrow, there always is. But, I'm happy to see LDW+0.2 this morning. Hopefully I'll be controlled and lock it in today. Whatever comes, comes. I'm going to ride the wave, bringing cottage cheese, HWC, and GY with me to supplement my meals next week. I'm prepared, as much as I can be, and am letting go of the minutae (sp?) which drives me nuts. Being a planner and control freak isn't conducive to a successful missions trip! All part of the process. God is already refining me and hopefully making me more like Him.

Cool quote of the day: Love is action, not abstraction! I'd like to be acting lovingly this whole week, and not just talk a good game. Truly loving in word and in deed.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:31 AM   #492
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi!
Good for you, getting that carb wt. off. When do you leave for Mexico? I don't think border crossing into Baja is much... I know its easier then mainland Mexico. You taking a vehicle? That's where it gets complicated.

You'll LOVE the people!!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #493
Big Yapper!

Nice CD results! Love that quote, too. The one about flexibility, as well. The version I'd heard before was "blessed are the flexible for they shall not get bent out of shape."

So TOM is waiting for Mexico, huh? May you have all that you need while in Mexico this week.

Are you taking those foods in a cooler? I hope you can find ice down there to keep things cold. I'm wondering if you're driving down there, too.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #494
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sbarr
Stats: 220/182/135 (26-Jul)
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis (18 carb/70 protein/116 fat)
Start Date: Jan 2005/Jan 2011/Oct 2012/Jan 2014 - bah!!
I like the quote! The Action, the action....
sbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #495
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks ladies!

Yes, loving in action!! Tougher than it sounds, right?

We're driving 2 big vans down with a trailer behind one. W. the trailer there'll be enough room for me to bring my own cooler. The place in which we're staying has a frigde w. freezer so I should be fine once I'm there. the border crossing back up, at Tijuana, has been known to slow a group down. One of the kids coming w. us doesn't have a passport and they're allowing him to come anyway. I predict this will be a BIG problem.

I hope the GY, cottage cheese and Quest bars hold me over, somewhat on plan. I'll make the most of what's prepared and served to me though. Eggs most mornings should start me off well. And I've heard talk of turkey jerkey and cheese sticks at the worksite, so that'll be "lunch". I'll pack a quest bar to the site just in case .

It's all good. Taking it all in stride. I'm very happy here at "goal" and really plan/hope to stay here the rest of my days. But, I am trying to balance focus and care w. real life, and fluctuations that are bound to come. Exercise makes me gain. 3-6lbs, which don't really leave. This coming week I'll be working physically hard, and that'll likely send me home w. some unwanted souvenirs . I'm preparing myself ahead of time not to freak out!! .

Thanks again for your support and encouragement ladies!! It means a lot !
Old 10-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #496
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That sounds great! You're really coming prepared with all your stuff!
I've heard that in California, Mexico you're not required to have a passport. Hopefully he can't be mistaken for a Mexican!? I'd worry about getting him back home!
With all the stuff you're taking to have control over your meals, you'll be fine!
My last trip (for 3 weeks), I lost 8 lbs! I was super careful, choosing to skip meals when the right choices weren't available. Of course, I lost the 3 lbs. of water retention at that time too, which I'd gained from med-reaction.
I'm so excited for you!
May the Lord bless you with a very rich spiritual blessing as you minister!
Old 10-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #497
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Hopefully he can't be mistaken for a Mexican!? I'd worry about getting him back home!

May the Lord bless you with a very rich spiritual blessing as you minister!
That would be a very valid concern.

Julie, you've already left so please know that we are all lifting you and your group up in prayer. Via con Dios!
Old 10-15-2012, 10:38 PM   #498
Big Yapper!

People, I know Julie and her group of missionaries are in Baja but do you all see this hurricane? Do you know what part of Baja they're in? I just can't believe my eyes, looking at this thing on radar online. How rare are these? Please pray for them all.

It's hard enough to build a home in a week without a hurricane hitting just when you are doing it! OMG, Julie. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:27 PM   #499
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #500
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks ladies!! Deb-love your avi!

Amy!

So sweet of you to remember me and our group!

Cheryl-we're just fine. The storm came through on Thursday afternoon, just as we finished. Really crazy! Thank you very much for your prayers!! I really apprecaite it and all your support and encouragment.

I had a wonderful trip to Mexico. Still amazed that 1 week of our time can change a family's life forever. Such a sweet family and wonderful experience. Still working on integrating this heightened awareness, focus and perspective w. my "regular" life. I'm reminded of how blessed I am and how much I've been given. Salvation above all, and plenty of material posessions too. I'm looking forward to being truly changed and refined. Still processing and seeing what will come of it all. But it's exciting .

Dd(12) was amazing! She was comfortable and friendly and loved on all the people we met (especially the children). Just a joy to watch and witness. Such a precious opportunity.

Dh did great w. dd(9). They had a great time, and all went well at home.

We're just enjoying this time together, reacquainting ourselves. Dh cleaned the house, got my car washed and even hit the grocery store. . Well done dear!

Weight wise? As expected, I'm up a bit on the scale. Not freaking out (yet). I'm up 6lbs from where I left, but only 4 over my window. Not bad. Had lots of fiber (55g) yesterday (3 quest bars) so I know that's part of it. I also did heavy lifting and work all week, so it's like when I go back to the gym. Always a bit of gain from that too. All good . Not my highest priority, but not gonna' ignore it either. Back to "normal" LC today.

Hope you all had a good week! I'll be around. Probably a bit less often. I'm gonna' cut down my internet time. I'll be around still though .
Old 10-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #501
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome home!! Missed you!
Old 10-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #502
Big Yapper!

That's wonderful, Julie! I'm curious to hear what you found to eat down there, but if you snarfed 3 Quest Bars yesterday, it couldn't have been too good. I'm so glad that it was such a blessing to all of you to participate in the mission down there, and thank God that the hurricane did no damage. I was picturing sheets of plywood getting taken out of people's hands and all sorts of calamity. So glad I was wrong.

Home, sweetie! Take the time that you need, but don't forget about us either.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:15 AM   #503
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-I won't forget about you guys! I just don't know if spending too much time online is wise for me. Working through all of this. I'll probably still keep up w. the journals at least .

Deb-thanks!

God is so good. Trying to keep all of that in mind as I transition back to my "normal" life.

I'm up about 3 over my top range this morning (148.4). Not too bad, considering we ate out twice yesterday. I'll be good, low carb and high fat today and hope to whittle back down to my goal weight.

I'm happy to be home, and relaxing and settling back in.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #504
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
That's wonderful, Julie! I'm curious to hear what you found to eat down there, but if you snarfed 3 Quest Bars yesterday, it couldn't have been too good. I'm so glad that it was such a blessing to all of you to participate in the mission down there, and thank God that the hurricane did no damage. I was picturing sheets of plywood getting taken out of people's hands and all sorts of calamity. So glad I was wrong.

Home, sweetie! Take the time that you need, but don't forget about us either.
Thanks Cheryl! Glad to be back w. you all.

Well, the Quest bars were for the ride home. My options were tamales and burritos at the border, McDonald's and a truck stop.

The regular week was wrought w. temptation, but I tried to stay under control. Clean, safe breakfasts (eggs or GY brought from home) I did enjoy tacos, enchiladas, half a churro, small serving of ice cream, and a cafe mocha in town one night (just to see how it was). Given how hard I worked all week I figured it would work out. I also never took seconds (No S plan borrowed there) and rarely snacked. I'm still up 3lbs above window today and we ate out for lunch (salad, but ya' never know). I'm hoping/expecting it to work itself back down this week. We'll see.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #505
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Welcome home!! Missed you!
Thanks Debby! Missed you too!! It is nice being home
Old 10-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #506
Big Yapper!

It will, Julie. You did great! So tell us more about your experience! Was it anything like you expected?
Old 10-22-2012, 05:25 AM   #507
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Julie, you did great!! You lived your life and enjoyed a few things that you don't normally have. I did the same and am also up 3 pounds. I don't worry either. You can do this, and it will be what it is!. Have a wonderful week!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:46 AM   #508
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Deb!! I guess 3lbs is the going rate for going off plan? Could be worse!! This week should get 'er done!

Quote:
It will, Julie. You did great! So tell us more about your experience! Was it anything like you expected?
Thanks! I'm not quite sure how to explain it. I think when I was going, I was more focused on the building "project", building a house. I was not expecting to get to know the family who lives there as much. We were making a home for a lovely family. I commented that we all gave up 1 week of our lives, and it will forever change and dramatically improve the lives of this family of 6. These children will now grow up in a house, with plumbing, electricity, bedrooms, and it's right accross the street from their school. She'll be able to cook inside her house, in a real kitchen. I was very impressed with her generosity - made us lunch 2 days. She has NOTHING, yet prepared and fed 25 hungry people. Really challenged me. I have SO MUCH, and what am I doing with it?

The culture in Mexico is much different, more friendly, than here. Maybe it's b.c. they're all in greater need, or have less. They share with one another more freely. If they don't work, they don't eat. There is no govt. support. They need to be working or finding ways to provide for their families constantly. Many have little "stores" in the fronts of their houses where they sell candy, eggs, milk, soda, etc. It's a friendly way to know your neighbors and pick up things you run out of. Much less privacy, and separation.

My dd(12) was right at home as soon as we arrived. She found dogs, cats, children, everywhere we were and played with them like they were old friends. It was so sweet to see, and inspired me to step out of my "comfort zone" more.

Now that I'm home, I need to remember all that I learned. I need to remember it's not about me, to practice hospitality, be more open and friendly, reaching out to those around me. I want it to be a natural part of how I live my life. Not just keeping to ourselves, in our house and fenced in yard. I need to slow down, simplify and leave time to know people. So, that's what I'm working on today. Keeping this relaxed, slowed down approach to my crazy US life. I don't want to forget.

I'm still up 3lbs out of window. But I did eat out again, and had some froyo . So, I'm eating in today, and being careful. I'm playing softball tonight, so that'll add some water retention. Oh well. It's not a big deal. It'll work itself out .
Old 10-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #509
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Wow Julie! What a great inspirational story that was! Thank you!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #510
Big Yapper!

I love your story. I can only imagine how hard it must be for those of them who make the decision to cross the border and find work over here. Such a culture clash! I wonder how they cope. I guess they find their own little niche together with others who have come before them.

I can see or "hear it in your voice" now why you want to pull back from spending so much time doing the usual things. I respect that and I totally support you in that decision. I hope you can hold onto what you've learned and let it continue to touch you in ways that will make a solid change in your own life and in the lives you touch.

Peace, Julie. We love you.