Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 07:34 AM   #451
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Whoooo HOOOO Julie!! Wonderful weight!.. lowwwwwwwwwwwwww! holy smokes...

You CAN DO THIS Julie, you just have to have faith in your abilities, and you know yourself, and what works. You also know what does NOT work...

Have a great day, and congrats on the winning softball!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #452
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Hooray P3! Hope you have a wonderful week!
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #453
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Great job!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:51 AM   #454
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Thanks girls!! I'm so happy to finally be here!! I really appreciate all your encouragement, support and enthusiasm!! You guys understand how hard this is!!

I will need to keep working though. I gained 1.6lbs yesterday on my first official P3 day. I did push it at dinner last night. I waited too long to eat, then overdid it . I am also sore from Monday night's softball game (for some reason it waits until the 2nd day to affect me?). So,, I'm not sweating it. I'm going to keep eating clean today and see what tomorrow brings.

It was nice seeing 142.6-142.8 the past 2 days though . I'd love to see it again. We'll see what this week brings.

Have a great day ladies!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #455
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
You got this, honey! Give those sore muscles a rest and take it easy today. We're all very proud of you.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #456
Big Yapper!!!!

I wonder just how much water my thighs are retaining? Maybe a lb or 2? Wouldn't that be nice . I'm good. Being more controlled today. Timing is everything for me . Being prepared is a BIG part of my challenge.

To that end, I just baked 3 huge chicken leg/thighs for tomorrow and am making pork chops in the crockpot (just browned them in oil, seasonings with some carmelized onions) and will be set for "safe" foods for a while. . I'm taking this stabilization thing seriously!
Old 10-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #457
Big Yapper!

Good girl! Funny you mention the crock pot cause today I bought some stuff to make beef stew in the crock pot. I looked up recipes online and came up with a shopping list. I just felt like I needed to make something that would be seasonally special and also easy. I love left-overs. Cook once, eat for days.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:07 AM   #458
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Good girl! Funny you mention the crock pot cause today I bought some stuff to make beef stew in the crock pot. I looked up recipes online and came up with a shopping list. I just felt like I needed to make something that would be seasonally special and also easy. I love left-overs. Cook once, eat for days.
I love my crockpot!! I can't say that strongly enough!! It makes life so much easier, and economical!! I made a roast beef in there Tuesday (w/ carrots and potatoes for the fam). So yummy! I use cream of mushroom soup + a packet of Lipton onion soup mix - unbelievably easy and delicious!! The house smells amazing as well. And leftovers? They're even better!! A salad and green beans . Pork is good in the crock and I even make chicken in it. Chili, soup.... see? I love my crock!

I am at 144 even today. Happy w. that. Having my leftover pork and baked chicken leg/thighs today. I'm keeping it clean, fatty meats and green veggies this week. GY, cottage cheese, apples and strawberries. They're all good

Dh is taking me out on a date Friday night. Thinking steak, but we'll see. I am also looking forward to cooler weather in Flagstaff on Sat. Hope we'll hit Beaver St Brewery for dinner, and looking forward to a juicy bacon cheeseburger. Gonna' wait for cheese as long as possible, just in case it's an issue. I don't understand why cheese woudl be a problem when cream, cottage cheese and yogurt aren't ? We'll see I guess
Old 10-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #459
Big Yapper!

You really DO love your crock pot! I have only used mine a few times over the years. I used to use it to make corned beef and cabbage and also pork shoulder roasts when doing Atkins. Sometimes things turned out great, sometimes not so much. I guess I don't really know what I'm doing. Is there a good website for crock pot recipes that you can share with me?

That Beaver St Brewery sounds great! I can almost imagine what it looks like inside. WTG on staying 144 today! I think you should give cheese a try but if it makes you nervous, why don't you wait until you get back from your trip. Stick with what you know works for you so you don't come home to a scale number that you don't like.

Enjoy your date night on Friday!
Old 10-04-2012, 09:59 AM   #460
Big Yapper!!!!

Here's a good thread right here at LCF: Add your favorite Crock Pot Recipe!

I have taken several recipes from here.

When meats go on sale, I stock up and freeze them (roast beef was BOGO this past week - I picked up 4) or pork roast or chops are cheap (this week $1.88 for the good ones). I like to stock the freezer when I can so I can make it through the lean times or weeks w/ bad sales. I also freeze the cooked final products (pulled pork freezes well) and then I can just reheat for a quick meal.

I really do love my crockpot. I have 4-5 of them .
Old 10-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #461

I do the same thing Julie!! Buy meat on sale and freeze!! LOVE BARGAINS!.. I have 3 crockpots and I thought that was nuts... Kidding!!.. the easiest way to cook ever!!
Old 10-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #462
Big Yapper!

4 or 5 of them? Holy cow, Julie! I envy you the ability to stock-up on good meat sales. I used to have a great freezer in my basement but it died last winter. I miss it terribly and if it was still alive and well, I would have found a place for it over here. I'll check out that thread for the recipes. Thanks, honey bunch.

I don't think I can take much more of the gloom going on in CT these past few days. It feels like November. This too shall pass. At least I am not doing the barn stuff today but Saturday when I am scheduled to go, it will be more of the same only wetter.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:00 AM   #463
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
I do the same thing Julie!! Buy meat on sale and freeze!! LOVE BARGAINS!.. I have 3 crockpots and I thought that was nuts... Kidding!!.. the easiest way to cook ever!!
Crazy? HA!! I'd have more if dh would let me and I had a place to put them!! A few are in the garage. For entertaining or potluck purposes. My 2 main ones I keep on the kitchen couner 90% of the time. Smaller oval and big oval. They get the most use. The small round one is good for dips, and the 2 old big ones I keep for holidays etc. There's a method to my madness!!

Quote:
4 or 5 of them? Holy cow, Julie! I envy you the ability to stock-up on good meat sales. I used to have a great freezer in my basement but it died last winter. I miss it terribly and if it was still alive and well, I would have found a place for it over here. I'll check out that thread for the recipes. Thanks, honey bunch.

I don't think I can take much more of the gloom going on in CT these past few days. It feels like November. This too shall pass. At least I am not doing the barn stuff today but Saturday when I am scheduled to go, it will be more of the same only wetter.
on the gloom!! That's too early for that!! WHat about those nice sunny crisp autumn days? Enough rain, let's have some nice weather!!
I only have a 2nd fridge, and it's freezer is currently packed. It's hard when the sales are good I want to stock up. I'm very aware that some weeks there are no good deals. When blsl chicken breasts are on sale at my Sprouts (where they don't add any junk to them) I try to stock up. But it takes up all the room!! Oh well. I'll need to cook through the freezer. I have frozen GF bread, waffles and chicken nuggets in the freezer too. They take up a lot of room, but I like to have them on hand, esp. when they're on sale (a rare thing!).

I'm at 143.8 today, which is LDW+0.6. I didn't eat all that much yesterday, just to hunger (I think). 1387 cals. I am still not always sure if I'm hungry or I just want to eat. Coming out of P2 I know I "can't" eat, so I really need to pause and think it through. Would something to drink suffice? Usually. That's been my P2 strategy and I'm using it in P4.

The real concern I have at keeping cals on the lower side, is, once I up them more (travel, party, restaurant meal) what happens then? Is the plan/hope that if you spend enough days at lower cals at this weight, it'll stay there even on those occasional Up days? (for lack of a better term?). Or, is the HS plan to never have an UD? Still working through all of this, obviously . But, in the meantime, I'm staying in control and paying attention to what, why, how much and when I'm eating. There is definitely still the urge to comfort eat in stressful or upsetting situations. I need to pay attention to, and in control of, those situations. Not that I'm overthinking things .
Old 10-05-2012, 09:32 AM   #464
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi girls,
Its Friday!
Julie, I saw on another thread that you're going on a missions trip to Mexico? Where in Mexico?
We toured all over Mexico on the motorcycle, and ate everywhere. One thing I noticed about the food available? You can buy yogurt everywhere. But when you order taco's or enchilada's... they don't have cheese. Well, maybe a TBS of goat cheese with enchiladas... never saw sour cream. The ice cream we had was made out of something other then cream, I think it was coconut milk.
Lovely tortillas with every meal... that was my down-fall, I always had to eat them! But they're really not that high-calorie.
Seafood & chicken & meat is pretty common, but it depends on "where" you are in Mexico. I think we ate dog meat in one place... chicken guts in another.
The one thing that will get you "sick" though, is the cabbage that they serve with the taco's... or lettuce (but we never saw any)... anything that has to be washed, stay away from. But I suppose they will give you tips on that. My hubby ignored that tip & was sick off & on through-out the whole month we were there... not fun!
Old 10-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #465
Big Yapper!

Wow, Debby! What a month you had in Mexico! I'd heard about the water and when I see veggies in the grocery store that say they're from Mexico, I am almost afraid to reach for them. The same water they warn us not to drink is the water those plants drank. So, if what you are saying is correct, I prefer "Tex-Mex" to authentic Mexican food.

Julie, you're doing great. I'm glad you're being cautious. That way you'll never get out of control and that is how you will maintain. Staying focused is key. Now that you've explained all the crock pots, I understand better. I almost bought a very small round one at Goodwill once but when I plugged it in, it didn't heat up so I left it there. It would have been great for a cheese dip.

We've got a beautiful day today! I opened the windows and all the blinds and I'm enjoying the heck out of it. I wish it would last more than just this one day but I see what's headed our way. Monday will clear up again but be much cooler. So there will be our "crisp sunny autumn days" you are missing (and I am missing.)

Have a wonderful day, ladies. Would love to hear about your missions trip, Julie.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #466
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Wow, Debby! What a month you had in Mexico! I'd heard about the water and when I see veggies in the grocery store that say they're from Mexico, I am almost afraid to reach for them. The same water they warn us not to drink is the water those plants drank. So, if what you are saying is correct, I prefer "Tex-Mex" to authentic Mexican food.
Ah Cheryl, all foods with peels are fine. Also the USDA would never allow the foods that carry contaminates to sell in the stores... They wash everything in the stores with good water too. Its the water they use to wash it off with!
It was a fabulous trip, we also toured all of Belize & most of Guatemala... I was kinda shocked to discover that authentic Mexican food lacked the cheese, sour cream & even lettuce... I grew up on Cali-Mexican food, thought that was "the real thing"... not... but they do have wonderful foods that we've never seen in US.
I agree with Cheryl, you're doing great! I would never be able to eat the processed meats, or salt & not gain 4 lbs!
Old 10-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #467
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hi girls,
Its Friday!
Julie, I saw on another thread that you're going on a missions trip to Mexico? Where in Mexico?
We toured all over Mexico on the motorcycle, and ate everywhere. One thing I noticed about the food available? You can buy yogurt everywhere. But when you order taco's or enchilada's... they don't have cheese. Well, maybe a TBS of goat cheese with enchiladas... never saw sour cream. The ice cream we had was made out of something other then cream, I think it was coconut milk.
Lovely tortillas with every meal... that was my down-fall, I always had to eat them! But they're really not that high-calorie.
Seafood & chicken & meat is pretty common, but it depends on "where" you are in Mexico. I think we ate dog meat in one place... chicken guts in another.
The one thing that will get you "sick" though, is the cabbage that they serve with the taco's... or lettuce (but we never saw any)... anything that has to be washed, stay away from. But I suppose they will give you tips on that. My hubby ignored that tip & was sick off & on through-out the whole month we were there... not fun!
Sounds like quite a wonderful experience. I'll be mindful of veggies washed in the water. Good advice. Teeth brushing is a concern too.
I'll be in Ensenda. We're builidng a house for a deserving family. The meals we'll have for dinner will be prepared for us by a local woman. I won't have the choice of ordering what I'd like. I think b/c they're used to us gringoes coming down for these projects, they cater a bit more to us. Maybe I'm wrong, but my friend who's been before and is doing the grocery shopping for us, mentioned sour cream. I'm planning to bring my own GY and cottage cheese (at least I hope I'm allowed to). She said most days they have eggs of some kind for breakfast. Hopefully that'll do the trick for me. Lunches will be brought to the "site" so I'm not sure what that will entail. Likely sandwiches. I'm hoping I can just do lunchmeat. My friend is gluten free and tries to eat healthy. But she's up for beans and rice, which are out for me. I'm sure I'll be fine. Stressing about it won't help anyone. Hope to find a good protein bar to take along. I've heard the quest bars are good. Gotta' try to find them .

Cheryl-enjoy this lovely day!! I do long for those crips Autumn days. Sigh. I always enjoyed those so much!! Bundled up, hot apple cider, leaves, hayrides, etc. So lovely!!
My trip will be interesting. Looks like about 22 of us are going. Half of them are youth! Dd(12) is the youngest one, but her good friend is going. She'll likely ditch me and hang out w. her. But, I'm looking forward to a good time serving - 4 days of hard labor- framing, studding, pouring the foundation, stucco, drywall, painting, finishing, etc. I don't know much, but I'm willing to help where I can. Here's a link to where I'm going: They do a much better job explaining it than I do .
Las Tres Palmas | Short Term Mission Outreach Facility probided by Real Life Ministries of Mexico

Done teaching dd's science co-op this morning!! 6 experiments! That was some work!! All went well, and I'm happy to be done!! Looking forward to that week "off" in Mexico!! When I get back from there, I only have 3 weeks unitl my much anticipated and looked forward to, trip to CAli!! Fun Fall here .
Old 10-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #468
Big Yapper!

How exciting! I wish I could say that I've got some experience with doing mission work like that, but I don't. I can only imagine how wonderful it feels to dedicate yourself to accomplishing something like that for the good of a family in great need.

A fun Fall indeed! Three weeks sounds perfect to prepare for California with your friends. Trade ya! No, I'm content where I am. Today was just the right day. I needed a nice day to erase the last few gloomy ones.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #469
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Sounds like quite a wonderful experience. I'll be mindful of veggies washed in the water. Good advice. Teeth brushing is a concern too.
I'll be in Ensenda. We're builidng a house for a deserving family. The meals we'll have for dinner will be prepared for us by a local woman. I won't have the choice of ordering what I'd like. I think b/c they're used to us gringoes coming down for these projects, they cater a bit more to us. Maybe I'm wrong, but my friend who's been before and is doing the grocery shopping for us, mentioned sour cream. I'm planning to bring my own GY and cottage cheese (at least I hope I'm allowed to). She said most days they have eggs of some kind for breakfast. Hopefully that'll do the trick for me. Lunches will be brought to the "site" so I'm not sure what that will entail. Likely sandwiches. I'm hoping I can just do lunchmeat. My friend is gluten free and tries to eat healthy. But she's up for beans and rice, which are out for me. I'm sure I'll be fine. Stressing about it won't help anyone. Hope to find a good protein bar to take along. I've heard the quest bars are good. Gotta' try to find them .

Cheryl-enjoy this lovely day!! I do long for those crips Autumn days. Sigh. I always enjoyed those so much!! Bundled up, hot apple cider, leaves, hayrides, etc. So lovely!!
My trip will be interesting. Looks like about 22 of us are going. Half of them are youth! Dd(12) is the youngest one, but her good friend is going. She'll likely ditch me and hang out w. her. But, I'm looking forward to a good time serving - 4 days of hard labor- framing, studding, pouring the foundation, stucco, drywall, painting, finishing, etc. I don't know much, but I'm willing to help where I can. Here's a link to where I'm going: They do a much better job explaining it than I do .
Las Tres Palmas | Short Term Mission Outreach Facility probided by Real Life Ministries of Mexico

Done teaching dd's science co-op this morning!! 6 experiments! That was some work!! All went well, and I'm happy to be done!! Looking forward to that week "off" in Mexico!! When I get back from there, I only have 3 weeks unitl my much anticipated and looked forward to, trip to CAli!! Fun Fall here .
Ah, Friends of ours have gone & done the same thing. We didn't spend much time on Baja, Calif., Mexico. Its quite a bit different then the mainland. Should be a great experience! Being at your proper wt. will be such a bonus & in shape! Would "kill you" if you're overweight & try being a carpenter! Yep, brushing teeth is what got hubby a couple of times!
Cheryl happy you're feeling content! That's worth so much!
Old 10-06-2012, 07:24 AM   #470
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-that's a great place to be!! Contentment is such a rare find. But like the Bible says, "godliness with contentment is great joy (gain)". A good guiding principle in life!!

Debby-yep, Baja. I think we're going to try and see the beach one day. Hard to believe w. all those cruise ships that the rest of the area is so poor. Sad. Hopefully we'll be able to make a difference to this family.

I'm mysteriously down 1.2lbs today. I'm 142.6. That's after dining out last night!!

I had a great dinner out. 7oz filet mignon wrapped in bacon, green beans w. pecans, and yummy salad w. bacon and spicy ranch dressing. Then we went to this amazing coffee place and I enjoyed a breve latte for "dessert". Totally on plan fun date w. dh.

He really outdid himself! He got me a dozen roses and booked a massage for me. The masseuse had to reschedule, but it was such a pleasant surprise. He's not the "type" to do that. Plan something out, me in mind. I felt very appreciated and celebrated. He really went out of his way to appreciate me. (I think the week away helped?) A great night!!

God is good all the time. But I'm thanking Him for all his blessings today. Dh is a big one of them .
Old 10-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #471
Big Yapper!

Holy Toledo! How did that happen? You must be doing something right, Julie! So happy for you!

Yep, contentment is rare indeed. (See my siggy quote.) It truly is imperative that we learn to want whatever it is we have and let go of what we've lost or never did have. I need that daily reminder myself sometimes.

That meal you had last night sounds wonderful! And to drop that kind of weight the morning after is thrilling. Makes Atkins seem like not such a bad idea for weight loss after all. (I'm in between plans again.)

That's so wonderful that your hubby did all that for you. Not an anniversary either! Just a regular date night, right? What a charmer! Keep him!

Did something happen to that family in Baja that needs the house built or are they just destitute and are finally getting a proper home? God bless all of you for doing that, and all those who do things like that on a regular basis. How amazing and fabulous!

Looks like we're going to get a shower pretty soon and it's my barn day. Won't be terrible, just enough to mix things up a bit. It was so lovely up until the clouds rolled in. Now it's looking kind of threatening. :/

Lord, I too want to thank you that Julie has so much to be thankful for! Thank you for loving not only her but all of us. AMEN!
Old 10-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #472
Big Yapper!

PS: There is an amazing new program on the Discovery Chanel tonight called "Winged Planet." They have tiny cameras strapped onto birds and they catch some things that they never saw before, like flying manta rays! Too cool! It's at 8 pm EST so I'm going to be watching that for sure.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:05 AM   #473
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Holy Toledo! How did that happen? You must be doing something right, Julie! So happy for you!

Yep, contentment is rare indeed. (See my siggy quote.) It truly is imperative that we learn to want whatever it is we have and let go of what we've lost or never did have. I need that daily reminder myself sometimes.

That meal you had last night sounds wonderful! And to drop that kind of weight the morning after is thrilling. Makes Atkins seem like not such a bad idea for weight loss after all. (I'm in between plans again.)

That's so wonderful that your hubby did all that for you. Not an anniversary either! Just a regular date night, right? What a charmer! Keep him!

Did something happen to that family in Baja that needs the house built or are they just destitute and are finally getting a proper home? God bless all of you for doing that, and all those who do things like that on a regular basis. How amazing and fabulous!

Looks like we're going to get a shower pretty soon and it's my barn day. Won't be terrible, just enough to mix things up a bit. It was so lovely up until the clouds rolled in. Now it's looking kind of threatening. :/

Lord, I too want to thank you that Julie has so much to be thankful for! Thank you for loving not only her but all of us. AMEN!
IKR? Dh isn't normally that romantic. Hardly even thinks about me when doing his daily thing. It's usually me planning special things. I think while away in MN last week he had enough time to reflect on us, and missing us is a good thing . Thanks for your prayer! That's so sweet!! It still blows my mind that He loved us first! We're so unlovable!!
I also really like your quote (and that song). It is so good to be reminded to count our blessings!!

To answer your question, I'm not sure the details on the family in Mexico. There is a complicated process to be approved for a house and this family has been through it. They help build it as well. Usually it's a family that has been through some type of tragedy, or is in dire straights. I'll likely learn more when I'm there.

It was beautiful yesterday up in Flagstaff. The aspen trees were all golden and the mountain (Humphrey) was covered in gold!! Simply lovely!! We didn't get to that hike, spent too much time driving around looking at the leaves. Sigh. I ate well, and my favorite restaurant up there was a disappointment. I'm ok on the scale though, so it's all good

I'm 0.2 below LDW. 143 even . That's a happy #. I'd like to stay here. So far, so good. I am being careful, but I had a few almonds yesterday, and cheese on my burger. Given that I've eaten out twice (past 2 nights) this weekend, I'd call tht successful! I hope it stays this stable. We'll see. I'm going to add some eggs this week. That'll be what I have in Mexcio most likely. I hope I'm not senstive to them. We'll experiment with that this week . Isn't it fun?

Oh, I got and tried quest bars. They were pretty good. I had 1.5 yesterday and a half the day before. I'm gonna' order a box (assuming they'll arrive in time for me to take them to Mexico. ) I'll go check into that.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #474
Big Yapper!

Oh, tell me you took some pictures! I love Flagstaff. I'm actually going to get out there and experiment with a few pics this week. It's going to be sunny and dry so I'm going to take a camera that I have almost never used, a tripod and head to a few pretty places to take some experimental shots using long exposures. A guy on the Atkins '72 thread has inspired me. We shall see if it "takes."

You are doing so great!!! Yes, experimenting IS fun! May all your experiments turn out well. What did you like about the Quest bars? I'd thought about ordering those in the past but now there's no chance of buying stuff like that until I get some sort of part time job. :/

Have a super Sunday! Pics, please. Is it too late to ask for those?
Old 10-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #475
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Love how things are going for you!
Have a great Sunday!
Its "slave-day" for me... otherwise known as a holiday... thanksgiving in Canada...
Old 10-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #476
Big Yapper!!!!

Debby-Happy Thanksgiving!!Hope you had a fun day, and aren't worn out! That's how most holidays are for us too. Everyone usually comes here. This year for Thanksgiving we'll be in CA w. our BFFs. We'll be eating out for the first time ever!! Leaning toward Chinese food, as of now. Likely less crowded and remiscent of Christmas Story - Fa-ra-ra-ra-ra!

Cheryl-We took pics. They're mostly on my phone. I'll go see if I can find some to post. It was really pretty. The aspens were all golden! Take some pics for sure and enjoy this season!!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:01 AM   #477
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm up 0.6 to LDW+0.6 today. But that's just fine. I ate out all weekend, albeit controlled. I also had a LOT of salad late last night, and 2 protein bars yesterday (17g of fiber each! ) So, I'm guessing there's a fiber party in my belly today . Not sweating it. Gonna' keep it clean and homemade all day. Wondering about the eggs. It would seem if I was sensitive to them I'd have a big jump up, right? Isn't that how food sensitivities present? Help a girl out here. I'm not sure I know what to look for, truthfully. I want eggs to be "ok" for me .

So far, so good . I can't believe I leave for Mexico on Sat. morning. I've got to do some laundry. I'm taking all my "too big" jeans. At least 2 pairs will be destroyed, so that's ok. Dd(12) is scheming to take some of my jeans too. Little rascal. It's ok. I was going to donate them anyway. At least now, with a good belt, they'll have a good purpose .

Looking forward to a nice, quiet, stable week!!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I'm up 0.6 to LDW+0.6 today. But that's just fine. I ate out all weekend, albeit controlled. I also had a LOT of salad late last night, and 2 protein bars yesterday (17g of fiber each! ) So, I'm guessing there's a fiber party in my belly today . Not sweating it. Gonna' keep it clean and homemade all day. Wondering about the eggs. It would seem if I was sensitive to them I'd have a big jump up, right? Isn't that how food sensitivities present? Help a girl out here. I'm not sure I know what to look for, truthfully. I want eggs to be "ok" for me .

So far, so good . I can't believe I leave for Mexico on Sat. morning. I've got to do some laundry. I'm taking all my "too big" jeans. At least 2 pairs will be destroyed, so that's ok. Dd(12) is scheming to take some of my jeans too. Little rascal. It's ok. I was going to donate them anyway. At least now, with a good belt, they'll have a good purpose .

Looking forward to a nice, quiet, stable week!!
Good morning,
Slept in this morning... nice! Yes, thanksgiving was a lot of work, albeit less then most people go to... I'm just not into cooking anymore.
Great idea about the jeans! It was rather cool there when we were in Baja. It was the only place in Mexico that I got cold. Which would be a lot better to work in! What an adventure! Did you guys have to raise all that money for the materials also?
Egg yolks is one of the things the naturopath took away from me... miss eggs! I'm going to ask if I can have them back.... that & the dairy.
You're doing super! I bet when life gets back to normal, your weight will have dropped. All the salt from the restaurant food covers up reality.
Have a great day!
Old 10-08-2012, 10:44 AM   #479
Big Yapper!

You really can't eat out as much and as often as you've been lately and then be able to point a finger at some eggs you ate. YK? When you are eating at home you'll be better-able to experiment with things individually and see what they each do to you. I find it hard to imagine that eggs would cause a problem.

The "fiber party in your belly" is what I would think gave you the 0.6 up above your LDW. You are rocking this! I hope you can see that. And I hope that while you're in Mexico, you will find plenty of good things to eat that won't mess you up. If not, you've got those trusty Quest bars.

Good idea about the jeans in Mexico. Give those other ones to your daughter. Save yourself some money in the process! Fewer jeans you'll need to buy for her in the near future. If they happen to be too snug on her, all the more incentive for her to keep dropping the weight and exercising. How's she doing on that plan of hers?

I hope you have a great week. We will be missing you while you're off the radar.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #480

you are doing GREAT JULIE!!!! Have a blast in Mexico!!.. ( well not TOO MUCH) ..