Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #421
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I didn't have to wait long for that! Those losses are phenomenal, Julie! Bye-bye, TOM. Look at all those 4's! You go, girl!!
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
You are doing awesome this round Julie. KUTGW!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #423
Big Yapper!

MagieDen, I love your Avi! How appropriate for this time of year!
Old 09-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #424
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Thanks Mags and Cheryl. I'm really happy to be below 145.

I STS or gained 0.2, depending on which reading you believe. But I'm ok w. that. I'm down 149.2-146.6, so 2.6 lbs for week 2. It seemed better than that during the week . But, DOWN is Down .

So, I have 1 more week. I can do that. Keeping the hnh in my morning coffee and we'll see how it ends. I'll be stalled here a few days after walking this morning and I'll be in the heat at softball for 2 hours tonight, which always stalls me . Oh well. It's fun and good for me.

Have a great week ladies!! This is my week 3 (whew!) and I would love to get lower in the 140's. Even stalling is beneficial making stabilizing easier.
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #425
Big Yapper!!!!

VLCD1-156.6
VLCD15 -144.6
that's 12 lbs since I started. If only I had been closer to LDW when I started!! That would have been nice! Oh well. Still happy .
Old 09-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #426
Big Yapper!

You're doing great, Julie. KUTGW! Enjoy your softball. Some things are worth a stall.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:07 PM   #427
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
I hope your last week goes very well!
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:18 AM   #428
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Julie I am in awe of how you just hang in there and look at you!!! WOW!! So happy for you!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:38 AM   #429
Big Yapper!!!!

Amy-so far, so good!! How was your cake?

Deb- well, ya' gotta' use the time you're given. The rest of my Fall is crazy busy so I had to squeeze this in. Really thinking ahead at how to keep it off for good!!

Cheryl-thanks! Had a good time (although I really was dreading going last night).

We won our first softball game last night!! I'm happy!! We should have won the second game (double headers this season ), but the ump made a bad call and it ended in a tie. I held my own, which was nice. I really didn't want to go, truthfully. 100deg, mosquitoes, not appealing. But, I applied bug spray and sucked it up, and actually enjoyed it!!

And, I'm actually down 0.8 to 143.8 this morning!! I'm quite pleased with that!! I usually STS after an exercise day, but I don't feel sore today so maybe my body has accepted softball on Monday's finally!! Whatever it is, I'm pleased !!

Starting w. a cold. Dd(9) had a small one and seems to have shared . It's not bad, yet, but the sore throat is starting. Hope it doesn't fully develop. Enjoying my coffee/hnh and letting the scales land where they may!! VLCD16 today and feeling good.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:36 AM   #430
Big Yapper!

Mosquitoes in the desert? No mosquitoes was always part of what I loved about living out there. Sorry you had heat AND those blood suckers! But glad you had some fun.

Oh no! I hate being sick. I hope this passes quickly, Julie. WTG on losing after the game! Too cool, honey.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:53 AM   #431
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Cheryl-on the field where we play there are some mosquitoes. Not sure why, but we have had a healthy monsoon season this year and there is some standing water around. Hope they die off quickly!!

I'm up a lb today . I'm assuming it's either too much salt in my yummy soup yesterday, the stupid cold, or just delayed water retention from Monday night's softball game. Whatever it is, I'm looking forward to it leaving. I had 4+ mugs of hot tea last night for my throat and maybe my kidneys just couldn't keep up w. all that liquid? I broke down and took a sudafed this morning. It's helping some .

Have a great hump day everyone!!
Old 09-26-2012, 02:35 PM   #432
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Thanks Cheryl-on the field where we play there are some mosquitoes. Not sure why, but we have had a healthy monsoon season this year and there is some standing water around. Hope they die off quickly!!

I'm up a lb today . I'm assuming it's either too much salt in my yummy soup yesterday, the stupid cold, or just delayed water retention from Monday night's softball game. Whatever it is, I'm looking forward to it leaving. I had 4+ mugs of hot tea last night for my throat and maybe my kidneys just couldn't keep up w. all that liquid? I broke down and took a sudafed this morning. It's helping some .

Have a great hump day everyone!!
Ah! Sorry you're sick! Meds & soup will both cause water retention... but the body uses swelling to "heal" things too, so I guess we have to ignore it when something needs healing. Get well soon!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #433
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Mornin! Hope you have a wonderful day!
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:44 AM   #434
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Ah! Sorry you're sick! Meds & soup will both cause water retention... but the body uses swelling to "heal" things too, so I guess we have to ignore it when something needs healing. Get well soon!
Thanks Deb!! I hope my body is using LOTS of water to heal!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslatte View Post
Mornin! Hope you have a wonderful day!
Thanks!

I'm in the same range today. Been 144.4ish for 5 days now (got down to 143.8 on Tues. morning, but that's not sticking). Bummer . I'm only on the "juice" for 3 more days (if I do the short round) and am disappointed the scale isn't down further. I'm hoping it's from the cold. But, what can you do? I don't think I want to do an apple day this close to the end? I'd likely bump back up and have a hard time maintaining. Sigh.

I'm leaning toward riding it out and see what the scale says Sunday. I could go a little longer, but I really don't want to. I leave for Mexico Oct. 13 and would like to have as much P3 and stability in me before I go. NOt sure how the food will work while I'm there. Hoping I get to help shop and cook so I know I'll have P3 options. Really thought I'd be down today . Oh well. It's just the scale. I feel good, my clothes all fit, and I'm happy.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #435
Big Yapper!

I'm sorry for your being sick and stalled, Julie. I think it would be wise to just ride it out a bit longer. You really want to "get there" before you start your P3. Think of how much more enjoyable MEXICO will be if you reached your goal. You're so close! I hope you feel much better ASAP. Cold Meds really are a nightmare for weight loss. But riding out a cold without them is also a nightmare.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:28 AM   #436

I hope you get better soon Julie!! Being sick and doing P2? UGH!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:52 AM   #437
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Deb!! I know, right? Not fair!!

Cheryl-thanks I stopped the meds yesterday but still STS today. Not sure if the cold is to blame or if my body is just "done" losing. I'm also not sure what my "goal" really is. . I'd like to maintain 145, and am stalled at 144.4. I would like more wiggle room before I end this round, but extending while still stalled would send me over the edge in P3 making up for the injustice of it all!! I am hoping to keep my head in the "game" and fear extending while stalled will set me up to screw up the next phase, KWIM??

I'm stalled, day 5 of the SAME WEIGHT!! Not much I can do about it. I am supposed to take my last dose Sunday, and don't want to do an apple day just for the pysychological aspect of it, or this close to the "end". I think I'd actually enjoy eating apples all day, I apples!! But, I also don't want to manipulate the scale only to have it mess w. me in P3. So, I'll continue on as I've been. I think it's likely the cold. I stopped the meds yesterday but still sick . I think this is the first time I've been sick in P2 (or in years!!) and I really hope it's causing water retention. I feel like I want to , but then I realize, it's just a # on the scale. I'm really gonna' let it dictate my mood? I need to have a bigger picture, better perspective and higher priorities than allowing my morning weight to rule me.

A NSV-Dillard's is having a 40% off clearance sale and I bought 3 pairs of new jeans yesterday!! . I couldn't resist!! They look good on, are a scraming deal, and I feel good in them!! My other jeans are a bit big, and I feel frumpy in them . I realize I have a jeans addiction problem. I have wanted Miss Me jeans for a while, but waited to get some b/c they're outrageously expensive and I want to invest in a size I plan to stay. So, I got a pair last night, normally $140 for $39!! Woo-hoo!! also picked up a cute pair of Guess jeans (which I would have killed to own back in the day) for $18, and a pair of YMI for $12. Dd(12), my biggest critic, likes the cheapest pair best . Anyway, feeling good overall despite this stupid cold and stalled scale.

Last edited by julieboolie; 09-28-2012 at 07:54 AM..
Old 09-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #438
Big Yapper!

How fun, shopping for new jeans in your goal sizes!!!! I usually buy things at thrift stores so I just buy what feels good on me and looks good to my eyes in the mirror. Makes shopping very simple but finding jeans I like is tough. Seems only the cruddiest of the cruddy in jeans make it to thrift stores.

I'm sorry you feel like crying right now over the stall. Put on those new jeans and see if you still feel the same way. Maybe it's time for a reality check. I think maybe it's also time to ditch the scale and forget about the number it reads. You're there, sweetie! You're THERE. Now it's just a matter of staying there. Let your jeans be your guide as to when you are in need of a CD, or just do one automatically when you know you didn't eat just right the day before.

I know what you mean about how the scale can literally blow your mood for the day (or the week.) It's such madness, isn't it? So "small stuff." (As in "don't sweat the small stuff.") I have a sister who actually gave her scale away to set herself free from all the madness. She only weighs at the gym or Dr's office periodically. I can't "go there" but she feels liberated.

I hope your cold is short-lived, Julie. And I hope that being without the cold meds doesn't make you feel extra cruddy in the meantime.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #439
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Thanks Deb!! I know, right? Not fair!!

Cheryl-thanks I stopped the meds yesterday but still STS today. Not sure if the cold is to blame or if my body is just "done" losing. I'm also not sure what my "goal" really is. . I'd like to maintain 145, and am stalled at 144.4. I would like more wiggle room before I end this round, but extending while still stalled would send me over the edge in P3 making up for the injustice of it all!! I am hoping to keep my head in the "game" and fear extending while stalled will set me up to screw up the next phase, KWIM??

I'm stalled, day 5 of the SAME WEIGHT!! Not much I can do about it. I am supposed to take my last dose Sunday, and don't want to do an apple day just for the pysychological aspect of it, or this close to the "end". I think I'd actually enjoy eating apples all day, I apples!! But, I also don't want to manipulate the scale only to have it mess w. me in P3. So, I'll continue on as I've been. I think it's likely the cold. I stopped the meds yesterday but still sick . I think this is the first time I've been sick in P2 (or in years!!) and I really hope it's causing water retention. I feel like I want to , but then I realize, it's just a # on the scale. I'm really gonna' let it dictate my mood? I need to have a bigger picture, better perspective and higher priorities than allowing my morning weight to rule me.

A NSV-Dillard's is having a 40% off clearance sale and I bought 3 pairs of new jeans yesterday!! . I couldn't resist!! They look good on, are a scraming deal, and I feel good in them!! My other jeans are a bit big, and I feel frumpy in them . I realize I have a jeans addiction problem. I have wanted Miss Me jeans for a while, but waited to get some b/c they're outrageously expensive and I want to invest in a size I plan to stay. So, I got a pair last night, normally $140 for $39!! Woo-hoo!! also picked up a cute pair of Guess jeans (which I would have killed to own back in the day) for $18, and a pair of YMI for $12. Dd(12), my biggest critic, likes the cheapest pair best . Anyway, feeling good overall despite this stupid cold and stalled scale.
Good morning Julie,
I'm happy for you, that you're feeling good enough to stop meds. I sure know what you're going through... stay the course, or do something to "bump" it up... No knowing if you're on the verge of a big whoosh after being sick, or a real plateau. I'm kind of there too... in the last 6 weeks I have lost 1/4 lb every 3 weeks...I stay the course... nothing... I drop cals... nothing... I add more cals... nothing... Its confusing. Today I decided to continue upping my cals & see how that goes.

How fun! Jeans! So with all the "fancy" jeans, do you tuck in your shirts/blouses? I looked up the brands, and they all seem to have fancy pocket designs. I've been having wardrobe issues, with the new size. I'm really short on "dress-up" stuff, and the dresses I have from previously all seem "frumpy" to me now. It has been years since I've worn a dress or skirt, so it might just be that. Also need more nice blouses to go with my slacks, for church. Funny, when you're heavy you feel so bad that you have only a few choices, then when you get thin - everything fits, but is either getting old, or out of style (for me anyway).

I got my winter coat yesterday. I loved it... my husband doesn't. We were looking at them in a catalog, and he chose this one over one that was more shapely... now he says it has no shape I was very pleased with it until he said that. Now I'm just confused. Need to try it on again & make a decision.

Hope you have a fantastic day!

PS: Apple days... I used to do them... ALWAYS get a huge, really sore pimple (you know those kind?) from them!
Old 09-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #440
Big Yapper!!!!

Debby-LoL! Yep, they're all fancy jeans!! Love bling!! I'm gonna' wear a pair to the movies today!! I didn't do the apple day. I think they're not really helpful in the long run. I'm down today anyway.

Cheryl-you're right!! I am DONE!! WOOHOO!!! I'm so excited!! I did drop 1lb overnight so I'm 143.2 today!! Makes it just the right LDW for me to have 145 as my upper range!! I should dose again tomorrow, but I"m leaning toward skipping it . We'll see.

I'm down (finally)!!! I'm at 143.2 today. Looks like a great place to stop, although I may just be "good" and do my last day tomorrow as planned. We'll see. I'm very happy, relieved, and excited!! I'm on to maintenance as a nice healthy size!! Happy!!
Old 09-29-2012, 12:11 PM   #441
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's wonderful Julie! What are you going to do for maintenance?
I'm so happy for you!
I found something interesting yesterday...scoobys workshop calorie calculator, for calculating calories for maintenance, or losing. Its pretty cool.
I've figured mine out & have decided to go for it, with the 5% calorie reduction... leaves me at 1817 calories. You can enter your own %'s also, and it gives you amounts for each meal... kind of a helpful tool.
Seems no matter what I do, I stay the same... so I'm going to try the increase in cals, as my read-out gave me. We'll see.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #442
Big Yapper!

How fantastic is that?! You have made it to your goal. After all this time and all the days of stalls and maybe even bump-ups, you've arrived. Please take a moment every single day to reflect on that, and not worry about little bumps in the wrong direction. You are amazing!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:23 AM   #443
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
That's wonderful Julie! What are you going to do for maintenance?
I'm so happy for you!
I found something interesting yesterday...scoobys workshop calorie calculator, for calculating calories for maintenance, or losing. Its pretty cool.
I've figured mine out & have decided to go for it, with the 5% calorie reduction... leaves me at 1817 calories. You can enter your own %'s also, and it gives you amounts for each meal... kind of a helpful tool.
Seems no matter what I do, I stay the same... so I'm going to try the increase in cals, as my read-out gave me. We'll see.
I'm not sure about long term maintenance, yet. For now, I'm planning to do P3 Atkins style (gonna' try to keep my daily apple though!). I am going to tread carefully and go slowly. I really want this to stick and be my last round!! I think if I practice listening to hunger and not giving in to a sense of "entitlement" to indulge after being so controlled, I should do ok. Thanks again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post

How fantastic is that?! You have made it to your goal. After all this time and all the days of stalls and maybe even bump-ups, you've arrived. Please take a moment every single day to reflect on that, and not worry about little bumps in the wrong direction. You are amazing!
Thanks!! your encouragement and support means so much!! I am trying to relax a bit and exhale!! I've finished!! I know that maintenance is hard work, some think that it's even harder, but I am so relieved. I've been dreaming and wondering what the 140's would be like. I'm happy to say that I like them!! I would really like to stay here and I'd love it if I could do it without heroic measures. We'll see. 1 day at a time, even in maintenance for me. I gain quickly and easily. I'm going to work on the "mental" aspect of this stabilization. I tend to go hog wild once I've gotten through the P2 portion. Not this time. I'm adding fats slowly the next 2 days and then I'll up my protein too. Slowly!! Thanks again!!

I STS today 143.2. So, I'm calling yesterday my LDW (143.2) and not dosing today. By Tuesday morning I will be in full P3!! I'm really looking forward to my GY that morning. I stocked up!!

Going to add more healthy fats the next 2 days to ease the transition. I'm a bit afraid of eggs, not sure if they're a problem for me, so that'll be tricky. Going to start w. an addtioinal creamy coffee .
Old 09-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #444
Big Yapper!

How exciting! Goodbye, P2! And thanks for the memories, as well as the results.

I'm sure you're going to do great at maintenance, Julie. Just stay rational about it and don't get alarmed if you go outside of your 2 lb window. Your CD will bring you back into it and onward you will go. Enjoy that additional creamy coffee! Sounds like a yummy idea. Maybe I'll go make ME one right now! I could use a "pick me up."

Have an excellent Sunday!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #445
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Cheryl!! I just brewed some yummy decaf coffee . I'm coming in around 890 cals today!! I guess the extra coffee w/ cream and cottage cheese really put me over that 500 cal limit!! . Oh well. I'm hoping for the best tomorrow. STS would be ideal . But, like you said, I'll accept and deal w. whatever it is. What will be, will be!!

And so begins the maintenance adventure!!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #446
Big Yapper!

Yahoooo! Happy trails, sweetie.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:50 AM   #447
Big Yapper!!!!

A happy trail indeed!! Down 0.4 overnight!! Bodes well!! Upping the fat a bit more today (got HWC ) and keeping the extra cottage cheese.

Going to wait until tomorrow for my Voskos GY !! Got strawberries for it too!!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:09 AM   #448
Big Yapper!

!!! Glad you're going slowly forward. Seems to be working! Have a lovely day.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #449

Way to go Julie!! Excited to see you maintain!!..
Old 10-02-2012, 06:33 AM   #450
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Deb!!! So happy to be here!! I really hope to take it serioiusly and and STAY HERE !!

Cheryl-you're such a great encourager. Thank you. I hope you have a good day too my friend.

Officially on to P3 today. 142.6 on the scale, so 0.6lbs below LDW. Not a bad place to start!! Came in around 1000 cals yesterday as I transitioned. It's all good!!

It's been a harder round than I wanted, with slower and smaller losses. But, still I'm WAY smaller than I've ever been and really trying to celebrate, enjoy and recognize that! I want to stay here. I don't want to fall back into complacency or worse, a sense of entitlement to eat like "everyone else" does. I tend to go off the rails on vacations and holidays so that I can feel "normal". It just creates this whole cycle of gain/loss that I want to avoid. I usually regret the indulgence afterwards and the work to lose it again isn't worth it. Trying to stay mindful of this before I indulge!!

Also, happy to report, we won both our softball games last night!! . I played pretty well, was catching better at first base and even got a few good hits!! It is definitely more fun when we win .

Last edited by julieboolie; 10-02-2012 at 06:34 AM..