LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2012, 09:33 AM   #391
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Update-content and perspective adjustment

I am re-evaluating my "goal" and realize I am getting a bit greedy w. hcg. I am still lightly padded and have abnormal fat to lose, that is true. But if I can't maintain my new LDW (once I get there) w.o. heroic measures I will re-evaluate and accept it. I'm done after this round (at least for a while) and will refocus myself toward lifetime maintenance. I mean, I used to weight 272lbs and was a size 26!! A little padding isn't a bad thing .

I also re-visited the Dukan site which reinforces my goal should be 150. I hope to get low enough into the 140's to be able to maintain below that "goal" #, but I will certainly be happy enough there. .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2012, 09:39 AM   #392
Big Yapper!!!!

Last round I lost 16lbs from my weight on VLCD1. If I can manage that this round, I'll be 140? That would be great!! We'll see. Not getting greedy (well, maybe a little) but if I can at least lose 12lbs from my first day's weight, I'd be able to maintain 145, I think.

I know, I'm getting ahead of myself. But I am a type A planner . Ya' gotta have a plan
Old 09-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #393
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
You're doing great, Julie. And I'm glad you realize that you will be at your best weight when you find the weight that your body tells you it feels comfortable at. And you have a loving hubby who wants you to stay the weight that you are, so all you need now is self-acceptance. You can always firm up the "padding", right? You look amazing and you should be so proud of yourself for how far you've come. You are my personal hero!

I started at 234.6 and I'm still in the 180's. I have regained (you know my story) and my goal is 140, but I have struggled with the regains and falling off plans (whether it be Atkins, HCG or my own personal plan.) But when I look at you, I know I can get there if I keep on swinging away!

Have a great day and a great round and I'll see you later. I have much to do today. (I'm a big-time planner, too! Planning is the best part!)
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #394
Big Yapper!!!!

Aw That's so sweet to call me your hero Thank you for that. Makes me feel great!! . I wanted to encourage you to look back over this past year. You've had some dark times (moving, etc.) and you are really in a good, happy, healthy place right now!! I'm so proud of and happy for you!!

We had a great day yesterday!! Went up to Payson, about 1.5 hours from here, to hike Tonto Natural Bridge. It's dd(12)'s favorite hike and definitely a family favorite too!! It was more challenging than I remembered, w. rocks to climb. It was fun and good exercise. I brought cottage cheese and strawberries, and an apple and some cherry tomatoes t/o the day. I ate out (Pita Jungle ) for dinner and did about 2/3 of their delicious broiled chicken salad. According to the nutrition site and ****** I came in about 625 cals for the day (higher than I'd like) but I'm down 0.6 and back into the 140's!! 149.8, not quite where I wanted to be, but finally back!! I'm relaxing into the round now and gonna' ride it through VLCD23 and see where I land.

Here's a cute pic from yesterday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fam tonto.jpg (67.4 KB, 27 views)
Old 09-16-2012, 09:13 AM   #395
Big Yapper!

Love that picture! AZ is just full of places to go hiking. I love your state. (Wouldn't want to live in Phoenix, though. Too dang hot.) You're dd doesn't look at big as I thought she would, by things you said in the past. Is that because she's following her diet and exercise plan?

Yes, I have been through a lot this year and come a long way. And I am in a good place, as you say. I love my duplex! I know you meant an internal good place, but that works for my surroundings, too.

Yippee!!!!! on being back in the 40's! It's all down-hill from here.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #396
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Cheryl-that's a flattering pic of her. She carries most of it in her belly. A lot of it'll straighten out as she grows, but she's really self-conscious. She couldnt' stick w/ LC, but has chosen to be GF w. her sister and dad now. We're starting to walk 3 times a week now and she's playing vball twice a week now. That'll help too. Once it cools off we'll be back to biking more too. Trying to add the hikes helps too. Staying active and busy (away from the tv and food) is the key for her. I wish she'd stick to LC, but she's a kid and it's hard enough as an adult. She loves fruit and is generally a good eater. It's portions and not drinking enough water I really want her to work on. And yes, I meant that figuratively, but it's part of that "figure" to be in a nice house too. I am almost through the worst of the heat here. Coming up on my happy season!!

Down 0.6 today to 149 even. Back in last round's "window" finally!! I guess I did kinda' overdo the loading . Oh well. I'll be content with whatever comes, but suspect 140 or below is unlikely at this point. Planning 15 more VLCDs (today's #8) and the last 2 weeks aren't usually big losers for me. Plus I'm adding walking back in, which shouldn't hurt the scale too bad. TOM is due, past due actually , so that may factor in too. 1 day at a time .
Old 09-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #397
Big Yapper!!!!

Just went for a nice walk w. dd (12). She was so chatty and excited to go with me . She's such a good kid, but w/ all the hormones and tween influences, we've butted heads a lot more than usual lately. I am reminding myself that as much as I enjoy her company, I need to be her mom first and her friend second. If she likes me, that's a bonus. She needs boundaries and discipline as much as love and support. It was a very nice way to start the day!

Feeling such a good sense of contentment today. God is good all the time, but it's sometimes nice to just "feel" thankful and peaceful. I like this feeling !!
Old 09-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #398
Big Yapper!

That IS a great feeling, isn't it? Glad you had a nice walk and chat with dd. What is GF? Good food? Fall is my second favorite season. Not sure why I prefer the muddy Spring but it's so magical when everything comes back to life after a long and often hard winter.

Have an awesome day, Julie!
Old 09-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #399
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
YAY 140s!! Cute picture too!

Are you on VLCD 7ish now?
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:33 AM   #400
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Just went for a nice walk w. dd (12). She was so chatty and excited to go with me . She's such a good kid, but w/ all the hormones and tween influences, we've butted heads a lot more than usual lately. I am reminding myself that as much as I enjoy her company, I need to be her mom first and her friend second. If she likes me, that's a bonus. She needs boundaries and discipline as much as love and support. It was a very nice way to start the day!

Feeling such a good sense of contentment today. God is good all the time, but it's sometimes nice to just "feel" thankful and peaceful. I like this feeling !!
Julie everything you are saying above, I went through with my daughter 5 years ago... she went from being so sweet and a Mommies girl, to a hormone filled crazy girl I had no clue who had entered her body.......

The great news is they get back to normal in a few years, and are more grateful to have such a wonderful mother....... You got this!..

Congrats on your losses!! You are a pro!!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #401
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Amy! Nice to "see" you!! You're gonna' have a great time this weekend!!

Deb-thanks!! I am encouraged that "this too shall pass". I'm just hoping to keep the lines of communication open. I've received good advice that listening when the "stuff" is silly and inconsequential keeps the pattern in place when the "stuff" gets much bigger. I never had that with my mom. I didn't have anyone to talk to about all those changes and questions. I figured it all out by myself, through painful processes and much struggle. I'd like to spare her that if possible. I know the end result is worth it. Thanks for the reminder and example!! I'm plugging away. Ready to be done on day 9!

I gained 0.2 overnight . I did walk 3 miles yesterday w. dd and then played softball for 2 hours last night. Felt like 10 hours!! It was hot and humid (we rarely get humidity and I was sweating the whole time-yuck!). I am a tad sore today and TOM has arrived, so we'll blame that. I was on plan so I know it's just fluctuation. But it still stinks. Last Tuesday (VLCD2) I STS. I'm noticing a Tuesday (day after softball) pattern that isn't a good one . Oh well. I do like playing and I'm committed. So, the water will have to fluctuate .

Gonna' get my hair highlighted and cut today. I want bangs. Dh thinks I'm nuts (which I probably am). But I have been trying to grow it longer and I think if I have bangs to style I'd be more patient w. the rest. We'll see. I have a living social voucher that expires tomorrow so I gotta' use it up before then. I really dont' need highlights. My hair is growing slowly so the last set (7 weeks ago) are still going strong. Oh well. Blonder I shall be!!

Have a great day ladies!! Regardless of the scale, our beauty doesn't come from the outside anyway . "Pretty is as pretty does" .
Old 09-18-2012, 09:27 AM   #402
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
That IS a great feeling, isn't it? Glad you had a nice walk and chat with dd. What is GF? Good food? Fall is my second favorite season. Not sure why I prefer the muddy Spring but it's so magical when everything comes back to life after a long and often hard winter.

Have an awesome day, Julie!
GF= gluten free. Dd(9) and Dh are ADHD and the gluten irritates them. Makes them super grouchy!! Dd (12) is off by personal preferance. It's all good. The wheat we eat today isn't really of any nutritional value and it's so overprocessed and genetically altered. I'm glad she's off the processed junk! I like Spring too. The flowers make me smile. But I dont' like the rain I also love the colors of autumn. They're "my" colors. Enjoy those leaves!!
Old 09-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #403
Big Yapper!

Oh! Okay. Gotcha. Grouchy is baaaaaad. Enjoy your new bangs and highlights!! We want to see the new you in your Avi. Head shot, please. (I should talk. Everyone thinks I'm a horse.)
Old 09-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #404
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Oh! Okay. Gotcha. Grouchy is baaaaaad. Enjoy your new bangs and highlights!! We want to see the new you in your Avi. Head shot, please. (I should talk. Everyone thinks I'm a horse.)
That's hysterical!! I will update w/ a better pic once I style it myself. I dont' always like how the pro's do it .

I'm up 0.6 today (from Mon's weight). 149.6. Yesterday I was up 0.2. I know I played softball for 2 hours in the heat Monday night, and dd and I are now walking a few miles (MWF), but really? I also have TOM, but usually that's not a gainer for me. I'm on plan, being "good". I'm disappointed, but not giving up. I will finish my round as planned, and what happens, happens.

Had beef lettuce wraps for lunch - yummy. Gonna' have lemon garlic shrimp for dinner. Hoping for a whoosh!!
Old 09-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #405
Big Yapper!!!!

Rats. Definitely a stall. I was 149.8 Sat., 149.2 Sun, 149.4 yesterday, 149.6 today. Grr.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:40 PM   #406
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Rats. Definitely a stall. I was 149.8 Sat., 149.2 Sun, 149.4 yesterday, 149.6 today. Grr.
Hi Julie,
I've been quite enjoying your journal. Haven't said anything so far... just thinking... its very refreshing to read your uplifting thoughts.
Sorry about your little "ups"... I had a 2 lb. up this morning... its a sinus head-ache! Trying not to panic, because I know that's what a headache weighs.
Looking forward to the big whoosh!
Blessings,
Debby
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #407
Big Yapper!

That's so cute, Debby! Sorry you had a headache, though. Sorry you ladies are having bump-ups. I know what mine are from, so that's why I'm waiting for a few days to see where I'm actually at on the scale. I was off-plan for 4 days in a row. I had been doing so good before that, too. It sucks to be human.

Julie, I hate the way they do my hair too! I always go straight home and wash it and blow dry it to erase what they did to me.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #408
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-glad you're back on plan and you know whatever you gained will come back off. Maybe you'll get a little metabollic bump out of it .

Debby-thanks for stopping by!! Nice to "see" you . Sorry for your gain, and headache. You were just about to goal!! Glad you understand what it is and will see it go soon!!

I'm happy to report a 2.2lb whoosh overnight!! Woohoo!! That's the biggest drop I've had all round!! Back to LDW from last round (finally). I know it's just a number on the scale, but it's sure nice to see it again!!

I'm on VLCD11 today. So, half way. Whew!! I'd really like to lose at least 2 more lbs. So, 10 days to accomplish that? I think I'll make it. Anything below that will be additional wiggle room, and just plain exciting virgin weight territory!! I do have a pair of jeans that I can wear, but they're not quite comfy yet. I'd really like them to fit better by the end.

Overall, I can't complain. I'm happy with where I am. I'm not hungry, or miserable in this round, so the hcg is working. I'm happy and trying to keep it all in perspective.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:55 AM   #409
Big Yapper!

Oh, man. I have some fabulous jeans that I can't wear, but when I can slide into them, it will be one happy day! I mean, true joy!!!

Yippeeeeee on that 2.2 lb whoosh! And here comes VFT very soon. I updated my siggy so you can see what I got on the scale today. I am hoping I can get solidly into the low 60's by the end of October. I have no margin for error now. Must stay focused! Those jeans are calling me!

You're in a good place, Julie (not hungry or miserable, happy and keeping it all in perspective.)
Old 09-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Debby-thanks for stopping by!! Nice to "see" you . Sorry for your gain, and headache. You were just about to goal!! Glad you understand what it is and will see it go soon!!

I'm happy to report a 2.2lb whoosh overnight!! Woohoo!! That's the biggest drop I've had all round!! Back to LDW from last round (finally). I know it's just a number on the scale, but it's sure nice to see it again!!

I'm on VLCD11 today. So, half way. Whew!! I'd really like to lose at least 2 more lbs. So, 10 days to accomplish that? I think I'll make it. Anything below that will be additional wiggle room, and just plain exciting virgin weight territory!! I do have a pair of jeans that I can wear, but they're not quite comfy yet. I'd really like them to fit better by the end.

Overall, I can't complain. I'm happy with where I am. I'm not hungry, or miserable in this round, so the hcg is working. I'm happy and trying to keep it all in perspective.
Happy for you!! That's a great drop!
Yeah, I dropped 1 lb. of the 2 this morning, headache was less, but had a tweeky back also. So hopefully the Tylenol isn't going to mess me up tomorrow.
I hear you about the jeans. My goal pants fit now, but I haven't wanted to wear them yet, as I'm afraid they'll end up being "tight" later in the day & make me miserable... just need that last lb. to go & I think it'll do!
Our church (where I work) had a septic line break last week, in the basement. I haven't smelled anything, but the fumes are making me sick every day. I think with a challenged immune system (adrenal fatigue), its what is messing me up, with head-aches & sore throat every day. Today the cleaning company came in to tear out the carpet & walls, so I will be free of that problem now.
Being content & happy where you are is invaluable! I've been so blessed with having a husband that has said to me through-out this journey, "its better then the other direction"... and that really does help with the mind-games that us "dieters" can fall into. I do know, from past problems with bulimic patterns, that trying to "undo" my mistakes (panicking & purging in some way) just sealed my fate & kept me stuck on the hamster wheel, round & round, again & again. My favorite verse: He whom the Son sets free, is free indeed. And He really did set me free from that.
So happy things are going well.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:04 AM   #411
Big Yapper!!!!

Debby-that's a great way to look at it and describes how I feel now. Set free indeed!! Thanks for that!! Sorry about the fumes and sickness. Hopefully things will improve now that it's been cleaned up. Glad you're coming back down. Usually my jeans stretch out throughout the day. Hopefully that'll be the case for you?

Cheryl-you're so right! I'm in a good place. Good, committed frame of mind, content where I am and therefore delighted with anything lower, counting my blessings. That's my favorite part of this season. Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday-no gift giving to hijack the true meaning, a day set aside to just be thankful!! Totally works for me!! Christ died for me, and gave me life. And life abundantly, at that!! I am richly blessed, and so are you .

I'm down 0.8 today!! 146.6. Woohoo!! Looks like the halfnhalf in my morning coffee isn't a problem, so I'm keeping it!! Even ate out last night - Chipotle. I got the chicken over lettuce w. pico de gallo on it (sp?). It was good and only 200 cals according to their nutrition site. . It's nice to be able to keep "living" while I'm losing!!
Old 09-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #412
Big Yapper!

That's wonderful, Julie! Yippppeeeeee! I might try a little cream in my coffee but I don't drink just one cup, I drink a pot-full. For P2 I've switched off of coffee completely and gone to iced tea. I have two mugs in the morning/early afternoon, then the rest of the day is just water.

I'm up today. Not at all happy or prepared to see that number. I think it's the 100 calorie popcorn that I wasn't eating in the beginning. I'm going to throw out the last two bags (open them up and pour the kernels into the trash, so I can't change my mind later.) I was doing so great when I wasn't eating any grains at all. It's just too much sodium when I put the butter spray and popcorn cheese powder on it, and then the butter spray and salt on the zucchini's. So out with the popcorn and cheese powder! Down with the scale!!!!

I agree about Thanksgiving. Just great food and being with your family. No pretense, just togetherness. That's what I love about the 4th of July, too. Just a party with great fireworks and bbq.

Speaking of bbq, I have a family picnic next Wednesday. OMG. I don't want to go off-plan again so soon. I might have to pack my already cooked food and just reheat it on the grill. Pack some fruit and water and just be content, knowing I did nothing to slow my progress down, yet again.

Have a splendid day!
Old 09-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #413
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-will they be grilling chicken? Could you just take half a piece? That might be easier. Just a thought. Sorry you're up. Keeping it clean for a few days will get you right back down. And my morning coffee is down to 1 GIANT mug w. cream now. I usually do 2 of those , but since I'm on a "diet" I'm reigning it in. It's ironic that I'm losing better w. the hnh than without. I'm thrilled though!! Makes is so much more enjoyable!!

Back from class. Did well, but forgot my apple so I was starving. Had it now, but I'm really hungry so I'm off to fix lunch. gonna' have some P2 chili over lettuce. That'll fill me up .
Old 09-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #414
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy to report I dropped another 0.8 overnight. Down to 145.8!! Woo-hoo!! I wanted to hit 145 this round, and today I am!! Celebrating today!!
Old 09-22-2012, 08:59 AM   #415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's fantastic Julie!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #416
Big Yapper!

Yea!!!! Julie, that's so wonderful! Happy for you, sweetie.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:05 AM   #417
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Yaaaay Julie!!
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #418
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Debby, Cheryl and Amy!! I'm really happy! Any further losses this next week are all virgin weight, unchartered territory, exciting trailblazing!! Can't wait!!
Old 09-22-2012, 06:45 PM   #419
Big Yapper!

Now THAT's exciting! Can't wait to watch it happening! Woohooo!
Old 09-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #420
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-well, miraculously, it's still happening!! God is good all the time, but it sure feels extra good today!!

VLCD15 today (I think) and I dropped 1.4 overnight!! I'm not sure why the rest of this past week's losses have improved, prob. TOM leaving and the water retention from exercise going too, but I'm happy about it!! WOOHOO!! 144.4 today!! WOOHOOOOOO!!!

I'm loving the hnh in my morning coffee. I got my fave Swiss Choc. Almond from Spouts and added my hnh it tastes divine!!! Happy, happy, happy!! And very blessed. I do thank God for all of it!! He is so good to me!!

Have a wonderful Sunday all!! I'm off to church to praise Him!!