Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #331
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
That's wonderful that she stuck to her weight loss plan while out with friends. that's tough! sorry for the trouble later in the evening. does she like being home schooled? kids (and people in general) tend to think the grass is greener on the other side. true contentment lies in the saying i have in my siggy. i think it takes most of us half our lives to come to that realization.

being home schooled, do you each have enough time to be apart? familiarity breeds contempt, as they say. enough words of wisdom.

well you definitely want to stay comfortable in your skinny clothes, so i hear that. i guess it is best if you go slow with the weight training. do you bulk-up easily? some women do but it's not common.

have a lovely day!
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Quick fly by

Hope you're doing well!! I hope to be able to catch up soon
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #333
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Cheryl-yes, I do believe too much togetherness is beginning to wear on us all. I talked to dh about it in hopes he'd intervene and offer to take the girls somewhere on Sat. But, his response? My week has been really stressful... Sigh. I'm doing better today. TOM isn't helping, my fuse is definitely shorter w/ hormones!! Yesterday was a better day. I just miss the days when she was more appreciative. You're right, the grass is always greener, but I don't want to have to put her back in school to make her realize how good she has it. Not sure how else to drive that point home . Being schooled at home is quite a gift, but she's a bit spoiled and doesn't realize how good she has it.

Part of the problem is that it's still 100deg here and w.o. a pool there aren't many opportunities to get outside and run around, ride bikes, etc. Fall is coming and it will certainly get cooler soon. That will make my life MUCH better!!

My hormone imbalance makes me gain and bulk easily. But, I'd still rather be harder than softer . I added some light weights and HIIT cardio yesterday and no gain, so I'm happy so far.

Amy-good to see you!! How's it going? You're maintaining?

I'm down 0.4 and back to my "window" but the tippy top. I'm ok w. that. I'm sure TOM isn't helping and the eating this past weekend wasn't P3, so I guess I'm still losing from that? Not quite sure, but I'm still plugging away. Trying to really stay in the 140's for life, and also add exercise. Baby steps .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #334
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmBee
Stats: 262/231.4/130
WOE: VLCD hHCG
Start Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Dd did great at dinner w. her friends. She asked for a plain chicken breast on a plate, and that's what she got!! Her friends were very concerned for her, and kept offering her more food, but she withstood the temptation and stayed strong. So proud of her!! And for "dessert" they went to this Hawaiian shave ice place and she got the SF flavor w/ the SF cream added. She said it was "ok" but she stayed on plan and felt really good about it!! That was so nice to hear!! She was very excited to come home and tell me all about it. I was really proud of her.

After that, it went downhill :dowh:. She gave me some attitude about her life not being "fair" as I wouldn't let her stay up late (9:45 at the time of our conversation) to watch a TV show she liked. She had a great fun-filled day, and I kinda' lost it on her when she said it wasn't "fair". Really? You went out to dinner and dessert w. your friend, while we stayed home and had leftovers. Is that fair? Yes, I'm watching my TV show right now, but I would have rather been out!! This is where I have issue w. her. She doesn't seem to appreciate what she's got. Being homeschooled is a sacrifice for ME. She's got a much lighter load than her peers, and she really doesn't appreciate it. I guess it's part of her being 12, but I pray she cultivates an attitude of gratitude. She's so spoiled, but she used to appreciate all the blessings in her life. Now she's becoming this adolescent self-absorbed girl. I am trying to redirect her and hope the discipline, workload and structure she'll face today helps. I'm praying for divine wisdom and patience as I instruct her. It's hard, in my flesh I want to yell and scream and punish the heck out of her until she realizes her pride. But, in love I just need to pray, be consistent and calm, and keep the boundaries in place. She's a smart girl and will figure it out. It's just hard in the meantime. .

Ok, feeling better Just had to get that out

Weight wise- I'm still up from my weekend. I didn't think I did that much damage, but it's not going down as quickly as I'd like it to. Or expect it to . I had pretty high protein and high fat the past 2 days, low carb. I wonder if my body really responds to low carb as well these days . I'm going "back" to higher carbs today and will see what that brings. Sigh.

This too shall pass. I'm really fine, just getting a bit overwhelmed when I focus too much on it. Keeping it all in perspective I'm doing great. .

Cheryl-you're right. I'm not out of my clothing or dramatically smaller or larger in 1 lb. But 5lbs can make all of my small clothes not fit well, so I want to keep this 1lb gain from becoming 5. I tend to rationalize it and justify a small gain, which becomes a slippery slope. I also tend to get bigger when I exercise, at least initially, which will add to the challenge. I think by the end of this week I should be back down to a lower 140 #, and was planning to add exercise in week 2 of P4, which is next week. I will try to get to the gym today for dd's sake but will take it easy.
As the mother of a twelve year old who is also homeschooled I can empathize quite well!!! Drama and hormones are the story at this age, hahahaha. We had a "come to Jesus" meeting not to long ago about this... as she is my 2nd daughter I can say there is hope. It will kick in how blessed she is sooner than later I am sure. I do know as their bodies are changing they seem to want to eat everything!! We have had some learning sessions as well about healthy choices and portion control. You are doing a great job Julie!! Vent away, I am sure you will need to do that more often than not with all the hormonal flex going on... hang in there!
EmBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #335
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmBee View Post
As the mother of a twelve year old who is also homeschooled I can empathize quite well!!! Drama and hormones are the story at this age, hahahaha. We had a "come to Jesus" meeting not to long ago about this... as she is my 2nd daughter I can say there is hope. It will kick in how blessed she is sooner than later I am sure. I do know as their bodies are changing they seem to want to eat everything!! We have had some learning sessions as well about healthy choices and portion control. You are doing a great job Julie!! Vent away, I am sure you will need to do that more often than not with all the hormonal flex going on... hang in there!
thanks! This is just what I needed to read! This too shall pass, and thankfully she's not normally dramatic and moody. I'm really hoping hormones are a big part of it. The crack down see,s to be helping. Cooler weather where the girls can get outside and run around will help a lot too. Thanks again!!
Old 08-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Goal Wt-135 lbs! (-6 lbs.)
WOE: Stillman's - 18 days - Not my lifetime woe!
Start Date: 7/28/14 - 8/17/14
Hang in there Julie with the weight and the Homeschooling. I am still recouping after graduating 2 boys. DS #2 finished his schooling 2 years ago and I am still just chilling after him and getting my routine back. I schooling my sons but it was hard work. Keep up the good work with your children.
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #337
Big Yapper!

It's surprising to me how many of you LCF ladies homeschool your kids. I am very impressed with all of you and give you a lot of credit. A+!!!

Julie, how about girl friends in your church? Maybe she can take turns having a sleep-over every couple of Friday nights. Naturally, you might have to reciprocate, but it might be worth it to have some apart time.

WTG on staying in your window!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:01 AM   #338
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Hang in there Julie with the weight and the Homeschooling. I am still recouping after graduating 2 boys. DS #2 finished his schooling 2 years ago and I am still just chilling after him and getting my routine back. I schooling my sons but it was hard work. Keep up the good work with your children.
Wow!! See, it can be done!! How's P2 going Maggie? I know you're rocking it!! Are you keeping up the Zumba during your round? I need to go read your journal and see where you are. Thanks for stopping in and the encouragement. It means a LOT to me!! This is only my 2nd year HS and dd(12) is already forgetting how much she disliked "regular" school. I know if she had a little taste of it she'd have a better perspective. God giveth more grace .

Cheryl-funny you should suggest that, she's going to a friend's house tonight for a sleepover party. That'll give dd (9) and me some good mommy-daughter time and her some fun w. her friends. She's had quite a fun week actually, but like most tweens, it's never enough. She's doing better and becoming more aware of the wrongness to her attitude all week. She's currently blaming hormones, which I don't deny are likely involved, but they're going to be around the next few years in full force and learning to control ourselves is an important lesson. Ah, the many joys of motherhood!!

I'm up a bit today. Too many carbs yesterday, and apparently not enough fat. That's an odd turn of events. Only 0.8, but I'm taking action today . A bit sore from my workout too, but hope to go back to the gym today. Plugging away in careful territory. This is the start of week 2 of P4 and I'm a tad above my window. Not awful, but of course there is a part of me that longs to be lower in my window again. So, I'm going to *attempt* to lower overall cals today. Sigh. I hate to do it, but gonna' give it a shot.

Also, little aside, my temp is down a full degree this morning. I didn't get much sleep, added back exercise and think I missed a dose of my thyroid supplement yesterday. I was hoping the higher carbs would help keep that temp up, but that's concerning me today. I thought I was nice and stable there. . I'll see what tomorrow brings. Could be a fluke w. TOM here and all.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #339
Big Yapper!

That IS funny! Hope she has a lot of fun at her sleep-over and that you and dd 9 have some lovely one-on-one time.

Learning how to control ones self. Oh, if I had learned that when I was your 12 year olds age. I could tell you some stories, but this is your journal and I won't go into all that here. Some things I just don't want to "put out there" online, anyway. But I was a mess at that age. Friend drowned, parents split, mother went to work, I got into a lot of trouble. I got incredibly good at being sneaky.

You must feel so good, working out again. I know how much you've been missing it. It's a very good kind of sore, isn't it? I am supposed to go to the gym to just swim today but my lazy bones are crying out for mercy. I don't know if I'll go. Time will tell. I love the pool but sometimes it seems too warm.

I've been watching past seasons of The Biggest Loser on Netflix and it's interesting that you say you want to lower your calories some. Bob (the trainer) got on one of the guys cases because he was not hitting his calorie target and not losing much weight. When he started eating the calories he was supposed to be eating to support his workout routine, he started dropping big numbers again. Just some food for thought. What would a day be like without some of Cheryl's "food for thought"? Sorry if I'm a bit much sometimes.

I hope you have a lovely day and a fabulous weekend! I have the Fair tomorrow. I might be able to watch the fireworks from my home tonight. I hope so! I can't afford to go two days so tomorrow is my only Fair day.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Julie I ended my P2 on the 19th(got in 23 days) TOM was giving me fits and I didn't want to cheat so I ended it with a loss of 18 lbs. I am on P3 and so far so good but it has only been 3 days so we shall see. I was up 4 lbs when I started this round not so good but I am just going to keep plugging along and plan to do another round at Christmas before the New Year. Oh and I took a Zumba class for 2 days and Water Aerobics 1 day and walked the other days all during P2 and even now on P3. Have a great weekend.

Short term goal - 175 lbs. 12/25/14
One life to live, one day at a time, one pound at a time!

Last edited by MagieDen; 08-24-2012 at 01:05 PM..
Old 08-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #341
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
That IS funny! Hope she has a lot of fun at her sleep-over and that you and dd 9 have some lovely one-on-one time.

Learning how to control ones self. Oh, if I had learned that when I was your 12 year olds age. I could tell you some stories, but this is your journal and I won't go into all that here. Some things I just don't want to "put out there" online, anyway. But I was a mess at that age. Friend drowned, parents split, mother went to work, I got into a lot of trouble. I got incredibly good at being sneaky.

You must feel so good, working out again. I know how much you've been missing it. It's a very good kind of sore, isn't it? I am supposed to go to the gym to just swim today but my lazy bones are crying out for mercy. I don't know if I'll go. Time will tell. I love the pool but sometimes it seems too warm.

I've been watching past seasons of The Biggest Loser on Netflix and it's interesting that you say you want to lower your calories some. Bob (the trainer) got on one of the guys cases because he was not hitting his calorie target and not losing much weight. When he started eating the calories he was supposed to be eating to support his workout routine, he started dropping big numbers again. Just some food for thought. What would a day be like without some of Cheryl's "food for thought"? Sorry if I'm a bit much sometimes.

I hope you have a lovely day and a fabulous weekend! I have the Fair tomorrow. I might be able to watch the fireworks from my home tonight. I hope so! I can't afford to go two days so tomorrow is my only Fair day.
you're just sharing which is always welcome!! I hope you had a great time at the Fair and enjoyed some fireworks. My anniv. is July 4th, we love Fireworks!! Can't wait to see the Disneyland ones in Nov!! I'm pretty sure Bob's advice has a lot to do w. how much exercise the contestants do. Upwards of 8 hours a day . I'm not in that situation at all!!. I'm toying w. JUDDD type eating to see about losing a bit more. We'll see. Don't freak out, but I'm even toying w. a quick 3 week round in mid-Sept while dh is away. We'll see. I'm stable and happy here, but still have definite abnormal fat I'd like to lose. I'd kinda' like to strike while the iron is hot - mentally I'm in the zone, I have P2 food still in the freezer from last round, my metabolism seems pretty healthy. Just not sure I want to do it. Sigh.

Quote:
Julie I ended my P2 on the 19th(got in 23 days) TOM was giving me fits and I didn't want to cheat so I ended it with a loss of 18 lbs. I am on P3 and so far so good but it has only been 3 days so we shall see. I was up 4 lbs when I started this round not so good but I am just going to keep plugging along and plan to do another round at Christmas before the New Year. Oh and I took a Zumba class for 2 days and Water Aerobics 1 day and walked the other days all during P2 and even now on P3. Have a great weekend.
Great job!! I'd be thrilled w. that loss!! I hear ya' on the doing it clean and legal!! A cheat is so not worht it!! You had that much energy? Good for you!! You're really a "regular exerciser" now!! So happy for and proud of you!! That's quite an accomplishment!! I'm toying w. a round myself. Not sure yet, but the loss is tempting.

Down to my window today, barely. Didn't do a CD, accepting they're not too effective for me anymore. I'm ok w/ that, although I like the idea of a "magic fix it all" day. I am going to "attempt" to reduce my overall calories as I'm pretty stable and in P4 now. I won't keep them low every day, as I don't want to train my body to survive on low cals. But, if I can whittle off some weight w.o. doing another round, I'd prefer that approach. 10lbs in 3 weeks of VLC, plus the 6 weeks of stabilzation, means 10lbs in 9 weeks. Can I lose a lb a week eating a different way? I haven't tried since getting to this weight and place, so I think maybe I will try that? I'm always experimenting!!
Old 08-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #342
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
You are going to have such a blast at Disney!! Our family used to live very close to Disneyland and went at least once a month. Back then it was more affordable though... My cousin worked at Disneyland as a singer/dancer and would get us in quite often for cheap. LOVED IT!!!!

You are doing awesome on your plan Julie, just living life and figuring it out. You go girl!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:35 AM   #343
Big Yapper!!!!

In college I lived in Irvine and my roommate worked at DL. I went all the time (for free!!) and loved every minute of it. I'm kinda' a Disney freak , but my family joins me in my crazy obsession . I would love to be thin by my trip, as you know we'll be taking loads of pics!! Even if I only lose a bit more in this next round, it'll still be the right direction. I'd love a bit of reshaping, my lower half is still padded.

Doing fine. Ate about 1600cals yesterday, and am up 0.4lbs. I think it's from working out, which is fine. I'm not stressing and will take it in stride. Sticking to low-ish carbs these days and feeling good .

We'll probably go out to lunch after church but we didn't go out last night. Trying to use our money more wisely .
Old 08-26-2012, 08:46 AM   #344
Big Yapper!

I have given up on No S for now. Will be a great way to maintain but for me, not a good idea when I have so much to lose. So I'm loading today for a short P2. I still have all these pellets on-hand and I'm just going to bite the bullet. I have a birthday pizza party to attend around Labor Day but I don't care. I'll eat some fruit at the party and drink ice water. I just don't care anymore! Get this weight off of me! It's been on my body (again) for far too long and I can't deal with it another month.

Hope all is well in your world today!
Old 08-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #345
Big Yapper!!!!

Good day! I'm not down on the scale, but I thought I would be . Oh well. Still in the 140's which is what I care about. I think b/c I'm planning another round soon I'm relaxing a bit more. I don't want to lose focus, but maybe I'm stressing my body through worry? It's all good!

I've got our annual staycation coming up Fridy. Swimming and lying by the pool for a week. we go out to dinner half the time, but dh will go home tues., so just me and the dd's tues-fri. Easy, and we can either cook in the condo or grill. I'll load Wed. and Thurs. and think I'll make Fri my VLCD1. I have a memorial service that Sat, but should be able to avoid social temptation those 3 weeks.

Cheryl-hope you have a good round! It's not fun, but it works if you stick to it strictly. Please read WLAN or watch some of Robin's videos. One of them really drove home the importance of not cheating-something about leptin and hormone levels? Can't recall the details, but it scared me straight!
Old 08-26-2012, 05:30 PM   #346
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You and Cheryl can do it, you will be AWESOME!!! Enjoy your staycation!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:34 AM   #347
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Good luck Julie and Cheryl!!.. I'll be back on P2 soon also!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:51 AM   #348
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Maggie!!

Thanks Deb!! I like having company

I'm wondering about my metabolism. My temps are down (have been going down the past few days). I'm at 96.4 today, which is a full degree below where I like to (and have) been. I haven't really changed what I've been eating, and tried to keep carbs a bit higher. I did add back some exercise, but really? That couldn't do that, could it? I am going to have plenty of GY today, maybe a bit of beef too, and see what tomorrow brings. The GY is high in good carbs, plus some fruit and see if I can convince my metabolism to kick it up.

I want to do another round, but last time my metabolism was doing great when I started. I did that nice refeed, but can't live like that. hmm. Still a work in progress . But, still working on it .
Old 08-27-2012, 08:00 AM   #349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What's the idea behind ones body temperature and metabolism Julie? I know you posted it somewhere but could you please explain it again one more time, it sounds very interesting.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #350
Big Yapper!

Thanks for all the well-wishes for this new round, ladies! Julie and I will knock it out of the park!

I think she monitors her temperature because it is a measure of how well her thyroid meds are working. Not really sure myself. I never take my temperature unless I'm ill.

Hope everyone is having a lovely Monday! It's a farm day for me, so I'll bbl to check in on y'all. It's going to storm so this should be interesting. I feel sorry for my dog who will be at home alone, shaking and panting and drooling. Wish there was a drug I could give her that helped her during storms but the one they have given me makes her leak urine for about 24 hours afterward. I'll let her shake and pant and just wait for the storm to pass.

I've even tried something called a "thunder coat" and it did nothing. I like the idea of it, but it's an expensive failure.

Last edited by CherylB; 08-27-2012 at 10:05 AM..
Old 08-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #351
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
What's the idea behind ones body temperature and metabolism Julie? I know you posted it somewhere but could you please explain it again one more time, it sounds very interesting.
It's pretty simple actually. The thought is your basal temp (morning temp as soon as you wake up) is a measure of how healthy your metabolism is. If it's in the 98 deg. range you're doing great. When I first started charting mine earlier this year, it was 95.X each morning. No wonder I was so cold and couldn't lose weight very easily. I got it up to 96.8ish w. my thyroid supplement. Then I did my 2+ month refeed and was really hoping to boost my metabolism (measured by my temp). And, it worked!! I got up to 97.6-97.8 which is burning up for me. I even hit 98 one day!! All t/o this round I was in the 97's each morning. Usually 97.4-97.6. I was really pleased w/ that. The lower temps this past week are an indication that my metabolism is taking a dive again, and possibly that my thyroid meds are off. I self-medicate (Dr's have been a waste of time and money) so I try to keep a close eye on my symptoms and temps. My sleep was off last night and TOM is leaving, so I'm hoping that's why. Exercise also seems to cause my temps to drop, which is counter intuitive-as exercise is supposed to improve your metabolism.

Cheryl-hope you didn't get too soaked from your storm and your doggie (Cisco?) did ok! all your exercise should make losing this P2 easier for you. Are you going to try and keep the gym routine going? Maybe dial it back a bit?

Temps up to 98.1 this afternoon, which is encouraging. I basically did a GYCD today. Partly b/c it was handy, and partly to see if it'll work for me. It's the only CD that is higher in carbs. I'm afraid going too low on carbs will drop my temps even lower. Still experimenting!! Thankfully I have a willing subject .
Old 08-27-2012, 07:18 PM   #352
Big Yapper!

We didn't end up getting a storm at all! So your wish came true for me. And Cisco was her normal self upon my return. I will still do the gym but as you said, "dial it back" some. I wasn't doing the farm stuff last year so this is going to be a very interesting experiment. One that I hope doesn't disappoint me. I can't take another failed round! I just can't. Don't even want to consider that happening. I will make this work. I WILL!

When will you be beginning your round, Julie? I hope you do great on it. All this talk about temperatures is very interesting but I don't give a hoot what mine is. I tend to over-think things and become obsessive.

Sleep tight! Will report my results in the morning.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:48 AM   #353
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It frustrates me also to over think things and then I get discouraged so I try not to do it. The temp. thing is interesting however. Wishing the best for you Julie.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:10 AM   #354
Big Yapper!!!!

Yep-you can add me to the "overthinkers" club . But, the temp thing is a nice easy way to see how I'm doing on a metabollic level (w.i. reason). Today's is back up to 97.6, so I'm happy to see that!! Maybe yesterday was a fluke? I hope so!!

I'm in window, by the skin of my teeth. I'm down 1.2 from my GYCD. See? CD's just aren't that effective for me now. I'll skip nuts and chocolate today and try to stay here. I'm in P4 and haven't really added any starch yet. It's week 2 already!! I'd like to dabble a bit before I go back for another round. Mentally it'd be nice. I am going on a Staycation Friday and we'll be dining out. If I can keep it nice and clean this week, and approach LDW (which I haven't seen in weeks!!) I would have a bit of room to indulge. I think my loading days will be pretty LC. Gotta' use up my beloved Voskos GY before I go back to the VLCDs. .
Old 08-28-2012, 09:09 AM   #355
Big Yapper!

Wow, Julie. I don't know if I'd even call it P4 if I wasn't "dabbling." Stick your toe in the water and see how it goes. Then again, if you intend to do LC for the rest of your life and don't plan to eat much starch and sugar, maybe just keep going the way you are.

I am in VLCD2 and had a nice whoosh this morning! (See siggy. I'll update my siggy every day.) I am feeling as good about hhcg as I did the first round. I did a mega-long round back then, and when I finally stopped and went to go back to it, I couldn't ever get back into it the way I had been.

Now I'm starting the first of 2 21-day rounds and I'm wondering if that is such a wise thing to do, knowing what happened to me last year. Should I just do one mega round and then ease off into P3 for the holidays? I'll need to give this some serious thought.

Have a great day!!!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:54 AM   #356
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Wow, Julie. I don't know if I'd even call it P4 if I wasn't "dabbling." Stick your toe in the water and see how it goes. Then again, if you intend to do LC for the rest of your life and don't plan to eat much starch and sugar, maybe just keep going the way you are.

I am in VLCD2 and had a nice whoosh this morning! (See siggy. I'll update my siggy every day.) I am feeling as good about hhcg as I did the first round. I did a mega-long round back then, and when I finally stopped and went to go back to it, I couldn't ever get back into it the way I had been.

Now I'm starting the first of 2 21-day rounds and I'm wondering if that is such a wise thing to do, knowing what happened to me last year. Should I just do one mega round and then ease off into P3 for the holidays? I'll need to give this some serious thought.

Have a great day!!!
yeah! I'd just take it 1 day at a time. If you get to VLCD21 and are still losing, feeling good and in the "zone", keep going. Ride the wave as far as it'll go.

I'm usually only good for 23 days. I'm usually done by then. Hope that'll be enough to lose some weight!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #357
Big Yapper!!!!

I've had sugar (froyo and choc which I love). I'm not a huge starch lover. Bread, pasta, potatoes, rice-not a big deal to me. But, I may try a few fries and some hummus later this week if I'm in my window securely. We'll see. I don't want to relose anything when I start.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #358
Big Yapper!

Wow, Julie! I love starches. That accounts for 50% of my fat, I'm sure. I can't believe there is a soul on this planet that doesn't get into pasta! But good for you if that's the case.

I think I only have it in me to do one round of hhcg per year. That proved to be true last year so I'm guessing it will be the same this time. I SO want to be in the mid to low 150's before Thanksgiving. Is that even possible?

I have a birthday pizza party coming up on the 9th of September. I won't be going off-plan for that. I'll order a tossed salad and bring my own WF dressing, then I'll eat a piece of fruit. Maybe I'll eat one pizza crust (or "pizza bones" as my dear hubby used to call them) and call that my grain for the day. I'm not going to eat grain as a regular part of this round.

I've got so much swimming around in my brain today. I hope my mind settles down so I can enjoy the ride. I even had a dream about my scale before I woke up this morning. I couldn't get an accurate number and I was moving that thing all over the house and getting back on it. It was broken or something. Funny, but not so funny!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #359
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-yes, thankfully I'm not totally tempted by them. I could eat them, and would if my body would allow it, but I'm not feeling deprived not having them.
That's an ambitious goal, but ride the wave and see where you land?

So, I'm up 1.4 overnight after a perfectly clean P3 day. I had 4 almonds, but that's the only questionable choice. Totally ridiculous!! And my temp is down to 96.6 today. I'm not sure what's going on there. One day it's up to "normal" the next it's down. . I tried to stay VLCarb yesterday. I seem to notice a correlation btw low carbs and low temps. My GYCD got my temps up, b/c it's higher carb than I normally have been eating. So, I am going to up my carbs today. Even though I'm out of window. I'm going to try to keep my cals a bit lower overall, but up the carbs as healthfully as I can and see what tomorrow brings. I did great my first 3 weeks stabilizing, I was eating choco almonds almost daily and more fruit. So, I'll give that a whirl. I'm doing another round (thankfully) soon, but I don't want to be out of window when I start. I'm on vacation that week before which will be hard enough. I really thought the super low carbs yesterday would lock in my CD results and keep me lower on the scale. Kinda' baffled by this new body and how it's working these days. Sigh.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:34 AM   #360
Big Yapper!

Julie, have you considered just cycling back into your P2? Instead of trying to maintain your losses at this current weight, why not just jump back into your next round and get to the weight you really want to maintain? Just a thought. (Just read about the stay-cation, so maybe that's not such a super idea.)

I'm doing great so far! Down 6.6 after 2 VLCDs. I'm out of the 90's. I tried for several WEEKS on No S to make that happen and it just wouldn't. Now it has and I'm feeling great about it. I hope this keeps up! I know week one is magical, but I'm hoping for just a toned-down version of week one for the rest of my round. I'm hoping for 10 lbs the first week, 6 lbs the second, maybe 4 the third. And hopefully 4 every week thereafter, if I keep going on this one round.

Going to chill today and just read a book or something. I earned a chill-day!

Have a great one, ladies.