Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
No, not at all. Here is the thread on it:

Silica supplementation (diatomaceous earth)

It is in the JUDDD forum.
Thanks, Dawn. I've seen that thread!
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #242
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
Leave it to Dawn to revive someone's Thread!

Hey Gracie, What's Up?!
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #243

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Hi metqa
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #244

Quote:
Hi metqa
Back Atcha!
Happy Saturday!
Old 09-16-2012, 06:46 AM   #245
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
WOE: JUDDD
Hi friends,

I haven't posted since the end of June and here it is mid September!!! Got a notification in e mail yesterday, so couldn't/wouldn't ignore my friends!!

Lots of reasons, but mostly, haven't had too much interesting input to share, but think I'd like to start posting again, at least in my journal.

Dawn, as Metqa said, leave it to you to revive an old thread.
E mailed back at the end of August, but didn't hear back from you, so assumed the e mail got lost in cyber-space.

These last few months have been good but I'm finding myself in a bit of a funk. I'm engaged in all of my normal activities, but seem to be lacking in something. Maybe it's just a phase, but if it is, I sure wish it would pass soon. Looking for something else to do.........just haven't found it yet.

I've explored just about everything......volunteering, joining some clubs which really doesn't appeal to me cause I'm not a joiner per se.......

Thank the good Lord, Peter is doing very well, and the doc has actually decreased his diabetic medication because his blood sugar is just about normal. His heart meds have also been reduced and I am so grateful! That's what good eating will do! The man is my soulmate, and I thank God every day for his presence in my life.

My weight has stayed the same ± 3 lbs. and I JUDDD maybe 2 days a week, sometimes 3 when I think I really need it.....next month will be a year since I first started JUDDD, and no doubt, will be eating like this for the duration.....it's proven to be the most satisfying and effective WOE I've tried.....
We still go out with friends to dinner on Friday nights and then always go to Dunkin Donuts afterwards. When I was actively doing full rotations on JUDDD I would have black coffee only, but this past Friday I was craving a Bavarian Creme donut, and I had it! If that wasn't enough, I had an Oreo ice cream sandwich on top it it.....these are things I would never touch normally, but the craving was there, so I satisfied it.
My friends still laugh and wonder where I put all the food!

My grandbabies are growing so much and are giving Peter and I so much joy! We babysit quite often for them, and I feel blessed that we play such a major role in their lives.

All in all, I have so much to be grateful for!!

Dawn, thanks again for reviving my journal........

Gracie's Journal
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:54 AM   #246

Great to hear from you. This year is winding down, I'm not surprised a lot of people are feeling the impending end of year doldrums and anxiety of what to do.

Glad to hear Hubby is improving.

Your continued progress with JUDDD is a reason you need to keep up here. People are starting and and struggling and seeing someone who's been successful and still successful is so rewarding.

Heck you should see My Journal, It's so boring and I'm not even on plan so it's extra boring everyday stuff!

Happy Sunday, See you 'round! Only when you wanna be!
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
Old 09-16-2012, 07:12 AM   #247
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Metqa,

Have I ever told you how much I appreciate you and your posts!

Well, if I haven't, am doing it now!

As I see it, journals are about everyday 'boring' stuff reflecting our feelings and emotions.

Sometimes these journals can be an eye-opener for us, and I'm happy that I have this venue.......shame I haven't used it more often, but I do intend to change that...it may be just what I need!!!
Old 09-16-2012, 07:14 AM   #248

I am so glad to hear from you. I meant to email back, but what a time it was. Nobuo shut down our internet.......we have been having quite the time! Everything is resolved now (Nobuo is now better) and I have forgotten I didn't email back. I have to run, but will explain in a bit. Just know that I did get that email, just couldn't get back to you. I am still here, still on P2, things just don't change do they? I just want to be AT GOAL, and done with hhcg. So I can get on with JUDDD for maintaining my skinny self. LOL. Somehow I feel that I won't ever get there........with the stresses we have been under, it is a wonder how I ever start and re-start hcg to begin with......

I will bbl.......Happy Sunday!!
Old 09-19-2012, 06:44 AM   #249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The bowling alley is closed this morning due to an electrical fire so all leagues have been canceled until further notice. Seems the fire was not in the alley itself but in the electrical box outside.
Took a ride over there last night, and seeing the place all shut down gave me such a sad feeling. That's our 'where everybody knows your name' type of place.
Will go over later this morning to see what's up!

But on a good note, it gives me more time to play on the computer!

Dawn I don't think I've ever posted on the DE thread, but my memory could be failing........could you help me refresh it?

Metqa, I'm not sure why I'm feeling out of sorts this year and it feels strange so I'm going to take it in stride and just accept the 'isness' of it all!

I've been doing a lot of reading on the 'Playground'......it's one place I've never frequented but there are so many interesting topics going on. I could spend the entire day reading......today may be that day!

See you folks a bit later!
Old 09-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #250

You be careful we don't have to call you in from the playground from staying too late!
Old 09-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #251
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I promise to be careful, Metqa!! LOL I am so tempted to post, but I feel more comfy in here......

I just found out something interesting on another forum I visit that you can bookmark a certain post just by clicking the number of the post you're interested in and then bookmark it........never knew that piece of good info.

I love learning new stuff.......it invigorates me! And, I need all the invigorating I can get these days!
Old 09-20-2012, 05:33 AM   #252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, duh!

I thought I was over this cold but it has revived itself.

I knew I had something in my supplement arsenal that would take care of this bug I'm hosting, but couldn't put my finger on it.

It dawned on my just a few minutes ago that I have Oil of Oregano in my cabinet.

Not being here so much in the recent past took me away from the mindset of maintaining good health and weight control.

LCF provides such a wealth of information in all arenas that it is no wonder I've been a member here since '01.
Throughout the years, I've left, then come back when I've gained 10 lbs., then stay awhile, and then leave again.....

It's not just about diet and weight loss. It's also about being proactive with good health and being made aware of what's going on in this big wacky world we live in.

Now, am off to take my regimen of supps and a dose of Oil of Oregano!

Last edited by sazzie; 09-20-2012 at 05:35 AM..
Old 09-20-2012, 08:54 AM   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
I promise to be careful, Metqa!! LOL I am so tempted to post, but I feel more comfy in here......

I just found out something interesting on another forum I visit that you can bookmark a certain post just by clicking the number of the post you're interested in and then bookmark it........never knew that piece of good info.

I love learning new stuff.......it invigorates me! And, I need all the invigorating I can get these days!
Well, How about that! I need to book mark lots of posts with specific information, especially recipe tweeks, instead of searching through the whole post again or printing everything out.
THANKS FOR THAT INFORMATION, that's great!

Go take your OoO and feel better!
Old 09-21-2012, 01:13 PM   #254

Hope you are feeling better Gracie. I am feeling a bit down because I have had virtually no scale movement in the last 5 days. Very frustrating to say the least. I am doing a couple of things to shake it up to see if that releases those pesky pounds. But I think that sleeping in tomorrow will do the trick!! I love weekends!!!! Have a great one, Gracie and metqa!!
Old 09-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #255

Feel Better Gracie, Hope Saturday and Bright and Sunshiney and you can get some good rays and Vitamin D, and fresh air to make you feel better!
Old 09-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dawn,

You got my curiosity up with saying that I had posted on the DE thread

Well, I did go there yesterday and read ad nauseam because my interest was peaked.

I do remember a very long time ago (before the current thread) having some interest in it along with Barbara, but we both dismissed it for whatever reason(s).

Anyway, Metqa or Dawn, did you get your Perma-Guard at Amazon?
I have to re-visit that thread again when I have a bit more time, but will do just that.

O btw, took the OoO yesterday and whatever was ailing me is gone, kaput, history.

BUT got the dropper out, put one drop under my tongue, but thought I missed, so put another drop.......so I thought, ah well, just in case I missed it again, I'll put yet another drop.....can you say......HOLYHOTNESS!

It burned so much I grabbed my water bottle and gulped and then gulped some more.....actually gave me a queasy feeling..........so.....

If anyone wants to knock out an infection, one drop will do it.......take my word on that!
Old 09-22-2012, 05:45 PM   #257

Feel The Burn!!!!!!

I have Permaguard on my Amazon Wishlist. Waiting for the next paycheck to come in. BF thinks I'm being silly wanting to buy DE just for eating, but I told him I want to cure my tinnitus and it might help so he's okay with the idea now that it's for a specific reason. that and the idea of eating turmeric powder
Old 09-22-2012, 07:02 PM   #258

Funny you mention the DE today. I just stopped using it. I was not losing this week and cut it out today to see if that will speed things up. LOL. I think it is OK, just not starting new while in P2. I will start it once I get to P3....or perhaps a week or 2 in.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:41 PM   #259

Hey Dawn, did you get your jumpstart?

Hey Gracie, I'm glad the OoO knocked that infection right out of ya!

Oh, Yeah, You just made me remember something. What do you think of this. So the DE folks ( maybe I oughtta post it there also) say you can take DE as the powder in water, or that you can put some in the bottom of a pitcher and let the water leach out the silica and drink the water....

So I found an extra Britta filter pitcher in my cabinet, so I thought what if I put the DE in the bottom of that pitcher, and put a filter in the top and then add water. The filter would filter the water as it passes through, but then it would flow down and steep in the DE so I get the best of both. Filtered Silica water. Since the water is being filtered before it gets in the DE I don't think the filter would interfere with the silica. It's gravity fed, y'know. What do you think?
Old 09-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #260
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yea, Metqa, it sure seems logical that the Brita filter would be OK, but it won't be the first time logic defies reasoning.

Post it in the DE thread and ask! I'll be watching!

Leaving the water in the bottle is the only thing that causes me pause, cause da man is always cleaning up after me these days. He's getting to be the ultimate cleaner-upper. He'd be throwing it down the sink.....unless I find a place where he doesn't look too often.

My question would be.......doesn't the water get stale sitting that long?

I have a filter on my kitchen sink and while it is good, don't know about it sitting for such a long time!

Dawn, any input..........and I'm curious too.........did you get a jumpstart?
Old 09-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #261

Not yet, I haven't even ordered it. ( I have to pay down my Credit Card first, booooo!) But I'm getting ideas ahead of time.
That's why I thought of a second pitcher , so BF won't be skeeved out by "DIRT" in the bottom of the water pitcher. And I've started keeping the pitcher in the fridge. the hot summer necessitates that.

Okay< i'll post the pitcher idea in the DE thread. Lets see what floats!
Old 09-23-2012, 08:28 PM   #262
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Alrighty now!!!

You are on the ball, and I'm a'rollin wit ya!

Responded on the thread.......jeez, I'm getting brave these past couple of days.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #263

I have resorted to the apple day this weekend. I went out to eat on Sat and didn't like the numbers on the scale the next morning, so apple day it was!! With my work I have limited days where I can do the apple day and Sun was perfect for it. I was sick and tired of apples by apple #3 though. Never happened on an apple day before. Perhaps because I always used to do them when my family was gone at school/work for the day LOL. Anyhoo, last week I saw 128 on the scale 5 days in a row, was 127 for 2 days this weekend. After the apple day.......125.8!!! So it was worth it!!!! I am so happy. I am now going to cut out almost every one of my supplements to see if I can lose some. I am going to have just cinnamon (for blood sugar issues after the fruit); potassium (for those horrible leg cramps) and hcl with pepsin (for protein digestion). And then some magnesium at night. That is all--I have cut quite a bit out actually!! So this week I will be able to tell if it is working. Only on Day #12, so I have a ways to go. Hoping to get 10 more pounds off. 5 would make me happy though. We will see what I can do in the next 10 days.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #264
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dawn,

Good for you on seeing a lower number on the scale! That has to be very encouraging to know that the apple day still works, although by that 3rd one you were getting sick of them.

I never did an apple day, but did do the shake days which were always a success with me while on HHCG.

As a matter of fact, I've not had a protein shake in a while and just may make myself one today.....my body responds well to them.

On another note, the message I got on F/B about the hearts in the body of the message was to support research for breast cancer......so each person was simply asked to put a heart in the message....nothing more. ♥
Old 09-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #265

Ah, I was wondering what was up with that heart LOL. Glad to know the reason behind it. I have rebound weight from the apple day. Kind of expected it because of the way this round has been. But I am not seeing 128 or 127, so I am very happy. Still glad I did the apple day. I was wondering how a protein shake day would do. I have a carton of the almond/coconut milk in my fridge that is open and needs to be used up. It is from July!! Well, I probably bought it sooner than that. The expiration date is July!!! I am slowly using it on P2--putting it in my coffee. I need some shakes!!! I am so tempted!!!!
Old 09-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dawn,

Good to read that the scale is reflecting a lower number for you.

Pretty soon, you'll be on P3, and then the party will begin. In the meantime, stay strong. Not too many days left and I know you will do it this time.

Let this be the last HHCG round! You've had quite enough, I'm sure.

I'm too pooped to pop right now! I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off today, but I did accomplish a lot.

Went to the library to pick up a book, then some odds and ends at Wal-Mart. Came home and re-organized some kitchen drawers that went unattended to for a long while.

DS mentioned to me a couple of weeks ago how he used to love and just gobble up my rice pudding. Gosh, it's been eons since I've made it!

So, I got all the ingredients and will make it tomorrow when I have an UD because I simply must taste it as I go.

I took my Ptersbilene this morning and didn't have one iota of an appetite but started feeling a bit shaky around 3:30 so ate something then. It's unusual for me to feel shaky, but I suspect that all the running around was a contributor.

This stuff works, at least for me.

I'm going to get an early jumpstart to bed tonight and cuddle with my book and let the dreaming begin with my eyes open.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #267

Y'know I think it was Pirate Jenny(maybe) who said she took PsB and it made her shaky later. Low Bloodsugar. Also the exact same words. She said she doesn't usually get shaky between meals or with low BS so she thinks it's the Ptersbilene, but it does have a warning for diabetics....
Old 09-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #268

I am going to have to look into the ptesiblerone thread (or whatever it is called LOL). I would love to feel not hungry. I have so many temptations around me and I am making myself crazy trying to stay on plan. I am sticking with P2, but it is hard. Can I find this in my Vitamin Shoppe? Or only online? Hmmmm.....
I am lower than my apple days weight!!! I am excited! The apple day got things moving again. WooHoo!!!! Lots of things being talked about the in hcg forum. I am loving the discussions right now. The book "Weight Loss Apocolypse" has gotten everyone talking about how to do P3, how to transition, how things should work. I love it!!! I have a shot at actually sticking to my load weight this time around LOL. Yay!!!!!!

Oh, Graice, what book did you pick up? I am reading "Sugar Nation" right now along with "Wheat Belly" and what eye openers they are!!!
Old 09-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #269

I dunno, Netrition has it though, I think... wait, lets see if this works

Pterostilbene

if it's blue, Netrition has it.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:07 AM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Y'know I think it was Pirate Jenny(maybe) who said she took PsB and it made her shaky later. Low Bloodsugar. Also the exact same words. She said she doesn't usually get shaky between meals or with low BS so she thinks it's the Ptersbilene, but it does have a warning for diabetics....
Yes, I *think* I read that also by PJ. I've been taking it for about a month, and this was the first time I had this reaction, but I'll certainly keep a sharper eye on it from now on.

Quote:
I am going to have to look into the ptesiblerone thread (or whatever it is called LOL). I would love to feel not hungry. I have so many temptations around me and I am making myself crazy trying to stay on plan. I am sticking with P2, but it is hard. Can I find this in my Vitamin Shoppe? Or only online? Hmmmm.....
I am lower than my apple days weight!!! I am excited! The apple day got things moving again. WooHoo!!!! Lots of things being talked about the in hcg forum. I am loving the discussions right now. The book "Weight Loss Apocolypse" has gotten everyone talking about how to do P3, how to transition, how things should work. I love it!!! I have a shot at actually sticking to my load weight this time around LOL. Yay!!!!!!

Oh, Graice, what book did you pick up? I am reading "Sugar Nation" right now along with "Wheat Belly" and what eye openers they are!!!
Oh Dawn, I'm feeling quite happy for you right now.....to think that this may indeed by your last round.... Keep it up and I know a lot of folks have your back on this!

I'm reading 'Peace Like A River' by Leif Enger...

Even though I still read everything that spurs my interest in nutrition, exercise and the like, I needed a break and so went with fiction. It's quite refreshing although I fell asleep after reading just 20 pages.

I'm next on the reserved list at the library for 'Gone Girl' by Gillian Flynn.

I'm getting a lot of good book recommendations right here on LCF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
I dunno, Netrition has it though, I think... wait, lets see if this works

Pterostilbene

if it's blue, Netrition has it.
Yeppers, that's it!